The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Quotable Quotes
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-11-2006, 02:12 PM   #1961
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Let's try...

the utterly predictable S, please.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 02:33 PM   #1962
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Guinevere is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
"--/ ----/, -----'s/ --/ -----/ ----/ ----/, ----/ s--/," (....) "---/ -----/ -/ s----/ --/ ----/ ---/ ---/ ----/ -/ ----/ -/ ----/."
Old 07-11-2006, 02:34 PM   #1963
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
S T

Predictable, yet not very helpful...

T, please
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 07-11-2006, 03:16 PM   #1964
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Not so many T's either...

"--/ ----/, t----'s/ --/ -----/ ----/ ----/, t---/ s--/," (....) "--t/ -----/ -/ s----/ --/ ----/ ---/ ---/ ----/ -/ ----/ -/ ----/."
Old 07-11-2006, 03:32 PM   #1965
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Hmmm, maybe I should try something less usual - G, perhaps?
Old 07-11-2006, 04:33 PM   #1966
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Only one G for S T (sorry!)

"--/ ----/, t----'s/ --/ -----/ ----/ ----/, t---/ s--/," (....) "--t/ -----/ -/ s----/ g-/ ----/ ---/ ---/ ----/ -/ ----/ -/ ----/."
Old 07-11-2006, 04:34 PM   #1967
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

R?
Old 07-11-2006, 04:45 PM   #1968
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

+ one R

"--/ ----/, t--r-'s/ --/ -----/ ----/ ----/, t---/ s--/," (....) "--t/ -----/ -/ s----/ g-/ ----/ ---/ ---/ ----/ -/ ----/ -/ ----/."
Old 07-12-2006, 02:15 AM   #1969
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

As my favorite letters are getting me nowhere, I'll try one of yours: O, please.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:05 AM   #1970
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

STRG + 5 O

"O-/ ----/, t--r-'s/ -o/ -----/ ----/ -o--/, t---/ s--/," (....) "--t/ -----/ -/ s----/ go/ ----/ o--/ ---/ ----/ -/ ----/ -/ ----/."
Old 07-12-2006, 06:34 AM   #1971
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

N, please
Old 07-12-2006, 06:38 AM   #1972
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

STRGO +N

"O-/ ----/, t--r-'s/ no/ -----/ ----/ -o--/, t---/ s--/," (....) "--t/ -----/ -/ s----/ go/ ----/ on-/ ---/ ---n/ -/ ----/ -/ --n-/."
Old 07-12-2006, 06:46 AM   #1973
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

L, please
Old 07-12-2006, 06:58 AM   #1974
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

STRGON +L

"O-/ --ll/, t--r-'s/ no/ -l---/ l---/ -o--/, t---/ s--/," (....) "--t/ -----/ -/ s--ll/ go/ ----/ on-/ ---/ ---n/ -/ ----/ -/ --n-/."
Old 07-13-2006, 08:55 AM   #1975
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tuor in Gondolin has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Yahoo to Tuor in Gondolin
"h"s?
Old 07-13-2006, 09:49 AM   #1976
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

STRGONL + H (good choice! It will probably reveal a clue )

"O-/ --ll/, th-r-'s/ no/ -l---/ l---/ ho--/, th--/ s--/," (....) "--t/ -----/ -/ sh-ll/ go/ ----/ on-/ ---/ -h-n/ -/ h---/ -/ --n-/."
Old 07-13-2006, 12:37 PM   #1977
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Found! - though I had to page all the way through Roverandom first, because I thought it sounded like it was located there. However, it's in Farmer Giles; the giant is speaking to his "scattered relations":
Quote:
'Oh well, there's no place like home, they say,' said he. 'But maybe I shall go back one day when I have a mind. And anyway I went there once, which is more than most folk can say.'
Old 07-13-2006, 02:05 PM   #1978
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Yes, well done, Esty! I hope you're not mad at me for wasting so much of your time...
Old 07-13-2006, 03:22 PM   #1979
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Not at all! I enjoyed it, and I always do my best to find some that will be tricky for you - but you're fast!

I will post a new one after the weekend, as I will be away for the next couple of days.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:19 PM   #1980
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Well, I'm back...

Quote:
...- --- -------; --- - ---- --- ------- -- ----- -- ---- --- --- ---- --- -- ---- --- - ----.
Old 07-18-2006, 01:16 PM   #1981
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Let's start with A
Old 07-19-2006, 12:05 AM   #1982
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

A

...- -a- ---a---; a-- - -a-- -a- -a----- -- ----- -- --a- --- a-- ---- --- -- ---- --- a ----.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:02 AM   #1983
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

HerenIstarion is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to HerenIstarion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelyn Telcontar
...- -a- ---a---; a-- - -a-- -a- -a----- -- ----- -- --a- --- a-- ---- --- -- ---- --- a ----.
...I was delayed; and I have had matters to think of that put all else out of mind for a time

Smith to his son, just after he (the smith) has given up the Star.

- Would you believe in the love at first sight?
- Yes I'm certain that it happens all the time!
HerenIstarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 08:51 AM   #1984
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Oh my goodness, how on earth did you guess that from just one letter?! Correct, of course, HI! Please continue with a new puzzlement...
Old 07-19-2006, 10:53 AM   #1985
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelyn Telcontar
Oh my goodness, how on earth did you guess that from just one letter?! Correct, of course, HI! Please continue with a new puzzlement...
a-- - -a-- -a- was the clue - poetry excluded at the outset, Smith, Rover and Farmer being the first three to pop to mind, Smith - lucky first choice to scan through

Next one, than:

Quote:
-‘-- ---- -- - ------- ---, --- - ---- -- ---, --- - ---- --- -- -------- -----

Old 07-19-2006, 10:58 AM   #1986
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

S, please
Old 07-19-2006, 11:18 AM   #1987
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

s

Of course:

Quote:
-‘-- ---- -- - ---s--- ---, --- - ---- s- ---, --- - ---- --- -- ----s--- -----
Let me tell you (as an additional clue) that I've just did the same as the hero of the quote did and do feel well too

Old 07-19-2006, 02:35 PM   #1988
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Wow, HI strikes again! you're really amazing.

Are there any O's ?
Old 07-20-2006, 01:01 AM   #1989
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

As always, it's T-time!
Old 07-20-2006, 01:14 AM   #1990
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

sot

I'm flattered, Lady Guinevere

*bows

Lady Estelyn, you're verily right

Quote:
-‘-- ---- to - ---so-- t--, --- - ---- so --t, -o- - ---- --- o- ----so-- -----

Old 07-20-2006, 05:56 AM   #1991
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

R, please
Old 07-20-2006, 09:06 AM   #1992
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

how about E's ?
Old 07-21-2006, 12:34 AM   #1993
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

sotre

both present:

Quote:
-‘-e -ee- to - ---so-e te-, --- - -ee- so --t, -or - ---e -e- o- -r--so-e -re--

Old 07-21-2006, 04:34 AM   #1994
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

That's Perry-the-Winkle, in The Adventures of Tom Bombadil:
Quote:
'I've been to a fulsome tea, and I feel so fat, for I have fed on cramsome bread,' said he.
Sounds yummy - did you visit a Troll, HI?

The vocabulary in this quote is interesting - "fulsome" is a word, but as far as I know "cramsome" isn't. I can't help but think that he's 'full some' because he 'crammed some'!
Old 07-21-2006, 05:37 AM   #1995
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

Unfortunately, no troll bakeries around, it was an ordinary one

Cramsome sounds nice by me And of course, you've got it, pray proceed

Old 07-21-2006, 06:37 AM   #1996
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Maybe this applies...
Quote:
-- --- --- ---- ---- - ---- ----, --- ----'- ------ ---------.
Old 07-21-2006, 07:38 AM   #1997
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

Let's start from the very beginning

So I'd be glad to see some As in there

Old 07-21-2006, 08:02 AM   #1998
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

N please
Old 07-21-2006, 08:43 AM   #1999
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tuor in Gondolin has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Yahoo to Tuor in Gondolin
"o"s, please.
Old 07-21-2006, 11:14 AM   #2000
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

...a very good place to start...

(continuing HI's Sound of Music theme! )

-- -a- --- ---- -a-- - ---- -a--, an- --a-'- -a--n- -o-----n-.