The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-10-2008, 05:10 PM   #201
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Oh, yeah, almost forgot. Speaking of my vote, it's going to have to come in the next 6 or so hours because I won't be online again before Day end. I'm going to paint and think things over.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:00 PM   #202
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Hmm...Nogrod's death is interesting indeed. A surprise simply because I kinda expected someone with little trails to be killed...

Anyways, where is everyone? Five hours into Day 3 and only a few posts. It's too quiet.

I took a nap and feel a bit refreshed, so I'll have some time to take a better look at people before I turn in for bed. I'll also have time to post later on, though I will still have to vote about four hours early. Meh, the deadline's just at an inconvenient time for me...
Old 10-10-2008, 09:43 PM   #203
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Let me join the choir. . . Nogrod does seem like an odd choise as he almost always end up getting lynched if just let alone, of course he could (like Lommy says) have gotten close to some truth. However I see little reason to belive that is the case, do you not think that it is simply because they want to confuse us? That or they might share Nogrod views about a quiet village being easy to hide in, of course there is also the possibility that it is the result of some twisted version of the Oedipus Complex and that would leave Lommy as the killer.

In short: I belive they are trying to confuse us.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:49 PM   #204
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
of course there is also the possibility that it is the result of some twisted version of the Oedipus Complex and that would leave Lommy as the killer.
Or better yet, Lommy and Legate conspired to kill him in a twisted lover's pact to get rid of the [furry] lady's father should he raise any objections....

Hey it could happen. Lynch them! Lynch them both!

(Though that may just be the paint fumes talking.)
Old 10-10-2008, 10:12 PM   #205
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
YesterDay's voting:

Rune: ++Mith (Mith 1)
Brinn: ++Groin (Mith 1, Groin 1)
Gollum: ++Nogrod (Mith 1, Groin 1, Nogrod 1)
Diamond: ++Brinn (Mith 1, Groin 1, Nogrod 1, Brinn 1)
Groin: ++Lommy (Mith 1, Groin 1, Nogrod 1, Brinn 1, Lommy 1)
Mith: ++Legate (Mith 1, Groin 1, Nogrod 1, Brinn 1, Lommy 1, Legate 1)
Legate: ++Brinn (Mith 1, Groin 1, Nogrod 1, Brinn 2, Lommy 1, Legate 1)
Kath: ++Legate (Mith 1, Groin 1, Nogrod 1, Brinn 2, Lommy 1, Legate 2)
Gwath: ++Groin (Mith 1, Groin 2, Nogrod 1, Brinn 2, Lommy 1, Legate 2)
Lommy: ++Groin (Mith 1, Groin 3, Nogrod 1, Brinn 2, Lommy 1, Legate 2)
Nogrod: ++Legate (Mith 1, Groin 3, Nogrod 1, Brinn 2, Lommy 1, Legate 3)
Gaunt: ++Groin (Mith 1, Groin 4, Nogrod 1, Brinn 2, Lommy 1, Legate 3)

Did not vote: Shasta

Thoughts:

Not sure what to think about Rune's vote, I don't see why Mith's suspicious. I didn't see Gollum or Di give reasons behind their votes...I'd like to hear some explanation. If you could label players as suspicious by vote alone, that'd have to be Lommy (who brought Groin to the lead) and Gaunt (who came from nowhere and confirmed Groin's death).

A comment about Legate's vote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel
Hey, I've made it past Day 3 and have been innocent before. Of course I usually wind up being a misguided ordo who suspects all the wrong people...so maybe you should just lynch me.
I was of course not taking this seriously, but anyway, why are you saying this? This is silly, and it fits this un-conflict-y pattern of you too - it's that you so un-problematically accept the pattern that is outlined here for you (i.e. in this case, somebody says you are suspicious, and you in fact are nodding to him and unconflictingly accept his proposal, so to say).
I think you took this comment the wrong way...I know your comment wasn't serious and my response wasn't supposed to be serious either, hence the smiley face. But I don't exactly understand why you voted me...because I said go ahead and lynch me? I don't get why you would think being unconflicting is suspicious...I feel like that's something I've alway done regardless of role. This may be WW, but I try not to butt heads too much. I just think your vote for me seems faulty.

As of now...

Those who feel innocentish:
Mith
Kath
Gwath

Those who I want to hear more from:
Diamond
Gollum
Shasta (though I could also put him in the innocentish category simply because he seems to participate more than he has whenever he's not an ordo)

Those I want to take a better look at:
Lommy
Legate
Gaunt
Rune
Old 10-10-2008, 10:54 PM   #206
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Well I have no more time tonight, so I'm going to vote.

++Legate
Old 10-11-2008, 12:22 AM   #207
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
I'm going to be busy for most of toDay, so I'll probably vote when I wake up in 8 hours or so.
Old 10-11-2008, 03:28 AM   #208
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
All right, I am around at last, and I will probably have chance to be around for the rest of the Day. I have read through yesterDay, but maybe I should re-read again in the light of Nogrod's death. To be honest, at one moment I thought he could be a Wolf - but not to a very strong point. Anyway...

I am now starting to wonder about Gollum, because if he is one of the baddies, I can well imagine him killing Nogrod. Depending who would be the other person, of course, but still...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollum the Great View Post
Wow! This comes as a complete surprise! This completely alters my view on Nogrod.
I could possibly imagine a Gollum-Wolf posting this, too, like "giving his hands away from the thing". Anyway, I think I could put Gollum on my suspicion list, and I'm going to observe him - I'll take a look at his older posts, too; there is not much of them (or they are not long), to get some better idea about him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
I don't think Nogrod's suspicions look seerish. He's too uncertain about them and/or has too many reservations.
Now when it comes to the reasons for his kill, yes, I think so. Also, when mentioning Rune, I don't think he would be the one to kill Nog like that in this situation.

Quote:
Nogrod tried to interpret the rules a few times. Maybe the wolves know more than we do and killed him because he was getting too close to the truth about the rules? (Like, maybe I and Legate really are lovers and were scared he would convince others that his so very serious theory is correct? ) He didn't have any very clear theories though, except the possibility of lovers, which I myself consider unlikely. I think we would know if this was a lover game and I think no mod would start the game with just two baddies who both die and lose the game if one of them dies. Looks a little too unfair.
Well honestly, I hope nobody takes that seriously here - although he brought this theory up so many times... hmm... possibly this may have been understood as a Seerish hint? However in that case, the likely reason of his kill would have been to frame you and me Which - now smileys aside - is not as funny idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond18 View Post
Nogrod, dead, eh? Well that can only mean one thing; the culprit(s) are quiet people! Who fear Nogrod's searching eye and also find it annoying to have to read all his posts in the short time they have online before they have to make a post/vote. So, you know, I don't know who around here could possibly fit that bill...

In all seriousness though, I do kind of find Nogrod to be an odd choice for a kill. He garners a lot of attention and would be someone you could try to rustle up a lynch mob for. The only reason I can think of to kill him at night is suspicion of seerdom.
For the reasons... I am not really sure, but the most logical view of mine would be that the killers are indeed some quiet-ish people who decided to get rid of him. If it were Gollum, as I said above, I could imagine that - depending just whether he'd convince the other person to pick Nogrod as well. I am not sure about the idea of seerishness, but it is possible (cf. above), as well as the idea of creating confusion. It may as well be that it is several or all of these reasons for a kill at once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post

I think you took this comment the wrong way...I know your comment wasn't serious and my response wasn't supposed to be serious either, hence the smiley face. But I don't exactly understand why you voted me...because I said go ahead and lynch me? I don't get why you would think being unconflicting is suspicious...I feel like that's something I've alway done regardless of role. This may be WW, but I try not to butt heads too much. I just think your vote for me seems faulty.
Nope, I voted you because of the other reasons I stated earlier in my posts, and many times, about your "un-conflicty behaviour" and such. I did not give much weight to that "lynch me" comment, I merely quoted it, and it did not have that much to do with the choice to vote you itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runne son of Bjarrne
Let me join the choir. . . Nogrod does seem like an odd choise as he almost always end up getting lynched if just let alone, of course he could (like Lommy says) have gotten close to some truth. However I see little reason to belive that is the case, do you not think that it is simply because they want to confuse us? That or they might share Nogrod views about a quiet village being easy to hide in, of course there is also the possibility that it is the result of some twisted version of the Oedipus Complex and that would leave Lommy as the killer.

In short: I belive they are trying to confuse us.
Well, yes, all in all, I would probably be most inclined to agree with the idea of confusing being the aim of the baddies after all. That's not to say, as have written above, that it can't be connected with several other reasons for picking Nog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond
Or better yet, Lommy and Legate conspired to kill him in a twisted lover's pact to get rid of the [furry] lady's father should he raise any objections....
*Rolleyes...*

But, then, anyway - would you please care to explain your vote, Diamond? Except for "lynch them", I saw no particular reason for the vote, and sure what you said was not meant as serious reason for vote? Or was it?
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 04:27 AM   #209
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
YesterDay's voting:

Not sure what to think about Rune's vote, I don't see why Mith's suspicious.
That is fine, it is not like I suspected her more than you anyways so maybe I should have voted differently. Maybe it is just the style that Mith plays that confuses me, she pops up a few times and with some small posts which are mostly uncontrovertial or at least in my view not really creating much of disciution. Anyways I will not be voting for her again today, that would not be fair unless somehthing major happens.
Quote:

If you do not see why unconflicting is suspicious then I can understand why you do not understand me, I think it is relative well known tactic for the evil doers to be seen and yet stay clear of too many enemies. An ordo on the other hand is a bit more free and not carring, of course non of us wants to get lynched, but I think you are even more afraid of it if you are evil.

Anyways I think Legate's vote was reasonable.

Old 10-11-2008, 04:29 AM   #210
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Gollum Gollum...

Here be something from his postsssiess. Despite the fact of being a newbie, I cannot simply let go that he has quite bad habit of not saying almost anything at all. His last post yesterDay:

Quote:
Crud, gotta go! No explanation for my vote!

++Nogrod
Okay, no time, no explanation, fine. But toDay his first post:

Quote:
Wow! This comes as a complete surprise! This completely alters my view on Nogrod.
Great, it makes perfect sense that Gollum does not suspect Nogrod anymore (of course ) but, wouldn't he care to say what was his reason to vote Nogrod, since he didn't give it yesterDay? At least now then.

Besides that, he mentions technically just three people he suspected: me, Lommy, Nogrod. And Groin, although that is just a mention. Well, in general, his posts are not saying much.

Gollum, I know this is your first game, so okay if you are getting yourself into it, but if you perhaps could elaborate at least a little what do you think about others, too, respectively, what do you think even about those you named, because even that is very little beyond "I suspect him".
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 10-11-2008, 04:47 AM   #211
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
That is fine, it is not like I suspected her more than you anyways so maybe I should have voted differently. Maybe it is just the style that Mith plays that confuses me, she pops up a few times and with some small posts which are mostly uncontrovertial or at least in my view not really creating much of disciution. Anyways I will not be voting for her again today, that would not be fair unless somehthing major happens.

I don't see what is so confusing Rune. I have job with near standard office hours. At the time you voted for me I had been either asleep or at work since the start of play other than for a short time at lunch. Where was the scope for making more than a check in post. Really you are most unreasonable.

I believe either Lommie or Legate and probably both are up to no good. If Lommie were a traitor it makes sense that she would want Nogrod out of the way.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 04:55 AM   #212
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
I don't see what is so confusing Rune. I have job with near standard office hours. At the time you voted for me I had been either asleep or at work since the start of play other than for a short time at lunch. Where was the scope for making more than a check in post. Really you are most unreasonable.
So what if you have work thos hours? I had to vote at that time and then I cannot start taking into account when everybody is working, that would leave me with only students to vote for. . . how is that fair?
My vote was based on what I had seen until then and is that not what we are supposed to do?

Old 10-11-2008, 05:00 AM   #213
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
You generalised from one post and say it is not personal? I am not saying don't vote for me but don't make out that my behaviour is odd whane it is the only way I could behave. It really seem vindictive. Why not vote for me again now and have done with it?

Old 10-11-2008, 05:12 AM   #214
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn
If you could label players as suspicious by vote alone, that'd have to be Lommy (who brought Groin to the lead) and Gaunt (who came from nowhere and confirmed Groin's death).
Actually, in general, I think making the decisive votes is more innocentish than wolvish in most cases. Wolves don't want the responsibility and spotlight that come with the decisive vote. The case is totally different, though, if a fellow of theirs is under a threat.

In the light of my current knowledge, I don't think there are any particularily suspcious votes yesterDay. Ironically, the one that looks the most suspicious to me is Groin's.

Quote:
However in that case, the likely reason of his kill would have been to frame you and me Which - now smileys aside - is not as funny idea.
Yes, but I don't consider it likely. He suspicions were half-joking, I can't see anyone calculating on people to believe we two would be that jumpy. Besides whom Nogrod really suspected was Kath. But I don't think the kill points at her, nor do I think it was done in order to frame her: Nogrod suspected her so clearly because of what she said. (Even though, now I'm wondering... could they have read it so that he had dreamt of Kath and was just waiting for an opportunity to accuse her? I think I'll have a look at that later...)

I'm pretty lost with the wolves' identities right now. Brinn keeps looking a little fishy, but not much more than that.

edit: xed with Mithx2 and Rune
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 05:22 AM   #215
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

In case I can't make it back

++ Legate of Amon Lanc.

Old 10-11-2008, 05:27 AM   #216
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

There is 2 things in this:

1. Of course one could have acted differently, maybe not made more posts, but the content of them could have been different. There is not only 1 way to do things, not that you should change it because of me. . . just accept that it left me a feeling of you trying to keep out of the light.

2. I my self tell about my RL commitments because I think it is only fair to the other players in the game, but I cannot expect them to give me special treatment even if I have a good reason. As players we have too look at what happens in the game and let that be the main factor for our decitions.

EDIT: Cross Posted With Mith

Last edited by Rune Son of Bjarne; 10-11-2008 at 05:29 AM. Reason: Cross Posting
Old 10-11-2008, 05:54 AM   #217
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Talking about RL commitment. . .

I have to leave for my baby-brothers birthday party now, but I will be back before deadline and I really hope that more will have shown up at that time and hopefully it is also the time where people will do their voting.

I am pretty open about who to vote for today as long as a good case is presented, there have already been voiced suspicions against Brinn and Gollum and I can follow both. I did not suspect Gollum earlier, but that is probably because I simply did not notice him at all.

I could imagine Legate and Lommy being candidates and even though I will not write them off my list completely (of lynch candidates) I am not too thrilled about voting for either today.

People I am quite confident I will not vote for today:

Mith -
I have voted for her two times now and even though I stand by my decision I think it would be unwise to vote for her at this point. . . For one she is gennerally regarded as innocent so it would be a waste of a vote, secondly it would not leave much of a pattern for people to analyse should I get killed. oh and also: It is very easy to become to focused on one individual and thus become blind to what others do, so yeah I do not think it would be wise to vote for her again today.

Kath -
I really like Kath as a player. . .of course there are limmits to how long I can use this as an excuse for not suspecting her.
Maybe I should add Gaunt to that list.

Last edited by Rune Son of Bjarne; 10-11-2008 at 05:54 AM. Reason: LR vs RL
Old 10-11-2008, 08:50 AM   #218
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
Well honestly, I hope nobody takes that seriously here - although he brought this theory up so many times... hmm... possibly this may have been understood as a Seerish hint? However in that case, the likely reason of his kill would have been to frame you and me Which - now smileys aside - is not as funny idea.
The interaction between Lommy and Nogrod at the end of the Day was rather amusing, though I didn't think much of his theory while reading it. But in light his death, I took a look at the interaction between Lommy and Legate myself and I can't help but wonder if there's some truth to this theory...or something similar. I suppose it's possible the wolves chose Nogrod to frame the two, but I somehow doubt it...or at least framing the two L's wouldn't be the only reason. A double bluff is possible too...I know Lommy and Legate are capable of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune
If you do not see why unconflicting is suspicious then I can understand why you do not understand me, I think it is relative well known tactic for the evil doers to be seen and yet stay clear of too many enemies. An ordo on the other hand is a bit more free and not carring, of course non of us wants to get lynched, but I think you are even more afraid of it if you are evil.
Being unconflicting can be a wolf tactic, I agree, but it doesn't necessarily mean that someone who is unconflicting is a wolf. Like I said, I think it's a style I tend to use regardless of my role...at least at the beginning of the game. I'm a careful poster...that's part of my personality. But it doesn't mean I'm a wolf. So I don't think being unconflicting is a good enough reason alone.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:12 AM   #219
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
I am sorry that I don't have more time to consider, but I have to catch a train into Chicago, and I won't be back until this evening (RL).

Well: toDay, I am going to go with Rune, because, as much as I think that Legate's suspicion of Brinniel is unfounded, I find Rune's echoing of Legate more suspicious.

++Rune
Old 10-11-2008, 10:07 AM   #220
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Rune: Wants me lynched, which is quite typical of him. In fact, if he didn't suspect me, I think I'd be disappointed. I'm surprised he hasn't voted me yet, though surely I can expect it toDay. In turn, I'm always tempted to vote him. I think it's his playing style that sets me off...but then whenever I suspect him he turns out innocent. I don't like to repeat mistakes, so I won't be too quick to suspect...though I do want to watch him carefully.

Gaunt: YesterDay he did talk about Nogrod and Groin, though while he seemed to suspect Noggie more, he voted Groin. I'm not sure what to think of that. He hasn't shown up yet toDay, and I would like to hear more from him.

Lommy: While her intentions don't feel like good ones, they don't seem furry. I'm still convinced there's something cobblerish about her...so maybe she is a cobbler character, or perhaps Nogrod's theory is accurate after all...

Legate: I still don't like his reasons behind suspecting me...and now I don't like his reasons for suspecting Gollum. Yes, Gollum hasn't been saying much and as much as I would like him to, I think it's more newbie behaviour than anything. Gollum seems like the type of newbie who is perhaps a bit too timid to dive in and become involved on the same scale that the rest of us are. While his comment, "Wow! This comes as a complete surprise! This completely alters my view on Nogrod" may look wolfish to us, I think he wrote down his first thought unaware about what kind of phrases might sound fishy. Typical newbie mistake. Legate, you seem to be building up a case against Gollum and it just feels fabricated to me.
Old 10-11-2008, 11:25 AM   #221
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Being unconflicting can be a wolf tactic, I agree, but it doesn't necessarily mean that someone who is unconflicting is a wolf. Like I said, I think it's a style I tend to use regardless of my role...at least at the beginning of the game. I'm a careful poster...that's part of my personality. But it doesn't mean I'm a wolf. So I don't think being unconflicting is a good enough reason alone.
Of course being unconflicting by itself does not mean someone is guilty. But then, I would say that being unconflicting all the time implies something unnatural going on - like a programmed behavior, which is something a Wolf may use to his advantage. Anyway, I also don't think your behavior in general is unconflicting, not the same way as it was this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel
Yes, Gollum hasn't been saying much and as much as I would like him to, I think it's more newbie behaviour than anything. Gollum seems like the type of newbie who is perhaps a bit too timid to dive in and become involved on the same scale that the rest of us are. While his comment, "Wow! This comes as a complete surprise! This completely alters my view on Nogrod" may look wolfish to us, I think he wrote down his first thought unaware about what kind of phrases might sound fishy. Typical newbie mistake. Legate, you seem to be building up a case against Gollum and it just feels fabricated to me.
Okay, now you are once again either misunderstanding or misinterpretating what I meant. See, my main point was not that because he said it, he is a wolf, and you won't find it there in my posts. At first when I saw this quote, I was answering myself the question whether he could post that if he were a Wolf. That's what I said in my first post today here. Then, when I was going through his posts, I was again, not basing anything on what he said there per se, but I was pointing out that he did not say his reasons for voting Nog. Why? Yesterday, he said "no time to explain" and just voted. Today he shows up, and all he says is "wow, this is a surprise". That was the point.

Okay, now. I shall be around, and hopefully also somebody else will show up; although I presume that as usual, people will start crowding around before the DL. Where are these Kaths and Gaunts and such? I would like to see them post toDay, too. For now, I am left to ponder my inclinations to vote - Brinn now looks fisher to me still.
Old 10-11-2008, 11:37 AM   #222
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
Then, when I was going through his posts, I was again, not basing anything on what he said there per se, but I was pointing out that he did not say his reasons for voting Nog. Why? Yesterday, he said "no time to explain" and just voted. Today he shows up, and all he says is "wow, this is a surprise". That was the point.
While it's frustrating when someone doesn't explain their reason for voting someone, but I don't think it has much meaning behind it. In previous games, players have been lynched because they didn't explain their vote and they have all turned out innocent. If anything, I would think a person who doesn't explain their vote is more likely innocent because why would a wolf want to draw attention to themself simply by not giving an explanation?

Btw, where is everyone? Posting has gone particularly slow toDay. Anyways, I'm gonna have to vote fairly soon...
Old 10-11-2008, 11:56 AM   #223
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Oh My!

I am gone for hours and hours and when I return only 5 posts have been made, that is pathetic! Is Nogrod really that essential to keep the wheels turning?

And to think I felt bad about leaving you for that long, now I am glad I did otherwise it would have been a very frustrating day for me.

I see that Gwath voted for me. . .well, I guess he is kind of right, but I must point out that I also suspected Brinn yesterday. I guess my main problem is that I have seen nothing that makes me heavily suspect anybody, this is why I am stuck with suspects as Brinn where the main reason I suspect her is because of her playing style and not an actual action.

So yeah I do not have any major cases and that I might not have been the first to voice the conserns, but I think they have as much merit as most what most of you guys have come up with.

Old 10-11-2008, 12:00 PM   #224
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
While it's frustrating when someone doesn't explain their reason for voting someone, but I don't think it has much meaning behind it. In previous games, players have been lynched because they didn't explain their vote and they have all turned out innocent. If anything, I would think a person who doesn't explain their vote is more likely innocent because why would a wolf want to draw attention to themself simply by not giving an explanation?
A wolf with a bad reason for his vote, or whatever, simply a wolf who does not want to explain his vote - because wolves basically never have honest reasons for their votes - may want to create silence around his vote and hope for it to be forgotten, so that he does not put himself in unnecessary risk. As I said, it's not an argument per se, and I would prefer anyway Gollum himself, and not you, to say something to it.

And as for what you say about players who have been lynched for not stating their vote and turned out innocent, yes, why not. But the same you can say there were also players who have not been lynched despite that and turned out to be wolves. So, this is sure no argument to use.

Anyway, yes, I would prefer others to appear around here, too. DL is nearing slowly, and it is too quiet here.

EDIT: x-ed with Rune. Yes sir, I agree with your second line (but please use trademark when using MY quote, okay? )
Old 10-11-2008, 12:07 PM   #225
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
And as for what you say about players who have been lynched for not stating their vote and turned out innocent, yes, why not. But the same you can say there were also players who have not been lynched despite that and turned out to be wolves. So, this is sure no argument to use.
Is it not like this with most arguments in ww, that they are two edged.

Old 10-11-2008, 12:33 PM   #226
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Is it not like this with most arguments in ww, that they are two edged.
Yes, you are right. But "players have been lynched for not explaining their vote and turned out innocent" is in my point of view the same as saying "players have been lynched for voting Joe and turned out innocent", it's something too general. Anyway, let me say, and I hope to make it clear by this once and for all, this is all getting away still from the point of why I said that. The point was not "he did not state why he voted, lynch him!" The point was: "Let him state reasons for his vote." Because when somebody says his reasons for voting, the others may conclude something from it: Okay, this reasoning looks fishy, etc. I do not want anything else than to wait for Gollum to say that. Yet still I considered it important to point out also that the behavior itself is weird: say "I don't have time to tell my reasons for voting now", one expects in the next post "I didn't have time to say the reasons back then, but now I will tell you, here they are", and that this can be hoping for it to be forgotten, especially now that the person voted for is dead.
Old 10-11-2008, 12:35 PM   #227
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

It annoyed me that I had no solid cases against anyone so I started reading some of the older posts, you know, to see if I could find anything.

I was actually focusing on Legate's posts, but then I had a look at a post of Lommy's and it made me wonder.

Quote:
I don't really understand this "oh Lommy plays so differently" stuff. Quite a many people seem to think so, and as I do not think there are any grounds to think so, it strikes me as a little furry. This looks like the classic case of an innocent stating a weird opinion and the wolves following it because they don't realise it's a weird opinion because they are evil and thus their brain is not for real in the wolf-seeking mode or then they just one to get someone lynched, or something. That is to say that I wouldn't be surprised at all to find a wolf among those who talk about my changed playing style. In my opinion, I'm not playing any differently than before (unless you're all still talking about that accusation-throwing post, which was an intentional try at that kind of discussion-stirring) and just for your information, I'm not trying a new style to confuse you or to amuse myself. If there really is a difference in my playing style, it's totally unintentional. You may draw your conclusions from that.

Yes, I think the fact that he voted someone who had already been voted for looks rather innocent in this company... it was a more constructive thing to do than throwing in a new name would have been.
It was very defensive, but of course that does not have to mean anything as we all get defensive if we feel threatened enough. It is just the fact that she so insisting that she behaves as she always does that makes me think: It may be that she is a wolf trying very hard to play as she always does and therefor is very defensive about it and then she uses a classic counter attack stating that it is very furry to say anything sugesting she has been acting odd.

Of course she could simply be an ordo convinced that she is playing as she always does. . . anyways it just made me think.

EDIT: Cross Posted With Legate

Last edited by Rune Son of Bjarne; 10-11-2008 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Cross posted
Old 10-11-2008, 12:55 PM   #228
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Hello. . . Is there anybody out there?

Anyways I will have to soon as work is calling, I am not feelig too well so hopefully they will send me home, but I cannot count on that.

Old 10-11-2008, 01:02 PM   #229
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
It was very defensive, but of course that does not have to mean anything as we all get defensive if we feel threatened enough. It is just the fact that she so insisting that she behaves as she always does that makes me think: It may be that she is a wolf trying very hard to play as she always does and therefor is very defensive about it and then she uses a classic counter attack stating that it is very furry to say anything sugesting she has been acting odd.

Of course she could simply be an ordo convinced that she is playing as she always does. . . anyways it just made me think.
Hmm... well, it of course may be either way, but then I think actually this assumption does not sound that unlikely. If Lommy were a wolf, I think this slight defensive-behaviour "I have not done anything out of the ordinary" could fit her.

Maybe I could take a look at some older things too, hoping that somebody will show up meanwhile...

EDIT: x-ed with Rune
Old 10-11-2008, 01:04 PM   #230
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

I'm here. I found out I can make it for the deadline after all (hurray), but I need to run an errand first. I don't think it'll take long so I'll be back in hopefully less than an hour.
Old 10-11-2008, 01:20 PM   #231
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

I really cannot figure out what to make of you Legate. . .

You seem very helpful and is a person I hope will post, but at times I get the feeling you are trying to hide in the spot-light. In fact I think the case you made against Samwise fit your self very well (although I cannot remember if you made any safe vote).

One could almost say that the reason I am uneasy about you is because I have not really suspected you, it kind feels like I am being tricked into beliving in your innocens.

I will vote within 10 min. but I do not know for whom yet. . . I am quite nervous as there is a possibility that I my self will get lynched and so it would be nice to stick around until deadline.

The safe vote for me right now would be Legate, because that would make it likely that I my self will survive, but I am not sure that it is actually Legate I want to lynch today.

Old 10-11-2008, 01:29 PM   #232
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Two things caught my attention now that I came here and read what's happened while I've been away. One, it's been awfully quiet today.

Two, we have been focused on just a few villagers today. I, Brinn, Rune, Legate, Gollum and Mith have been talked about. Not much about Di or Shasta or Gaunt or Gwath or Kath. Mostly it's just that those who have been around have been talked about and the ones who've been absent have slipped under the radar. This worries me. All the louder players accuse each other while the quiet ones waltz through the game happily. Now, I'm not saying anything as silly as that there are no wolves among the loudmouths or that the quiet ones are evil, but I think we're really doing a mistake by focusing only on half of the village and letting the other half hang around in the comfortability zone. It's very probable that there are baddies hiding there - I think it's very unlikely that all the evil-doers are found from the bunch that has been on the spotlight toDay.

I'm especially concerned about Gwath and Kath, because they strike me as suspicious-ish (I'd like to look through their posts to see what is it actually that makes them fishy to me), but I'm worried that if Di or Shasta is a wolf (or both of them ), they will slip through totally unnoticed. I'm not that worried about the spotlight not being on Gaunt because I think he looks rather innocent at the moment.

And just to add, I think Brinn has been posting more innocently toDay than before. She sounds more genuine. But I'm still unsure and suspect her a little.

Unless I've cross-posted with something very interesting, I'm now going to have a quick (it's quite near the deadline... eek) look at Gwath and Kath.

edit: xed with Legate, Brinn and Rune
Old 10-11-2008, 01:34 PM   #233
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

We could vote Gwath. . .

I would like Kath to stay onboard still. . .

Okay here it goes will vote for Lommy, but I am really torn between her Legate, Brin and Gwath.

++Thinlómien

Old 10-11-2008, 02:03 PM   #234
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Gwath
- is hiding in the shadows, more silent than usual (I know his RL hurries/timetables, but still...)
- Day1 vote rather odd - jumps on a random vote on a person who hasn't seemingly given too much reason to suspect herself
- gives adistant and a little fishy feel
+ his arguments against me sound innocent
+ is not jumpy at all unlike the Gwath-wolves I've known
+ his Groin-vote seems innocentish, as does his vote for Rune

Kath
- Day1 vote very safe and easy
- apologises her vote (ok sorry, had to say that because she wrongly used it against me once )
- too helpful (I know she always is, but this time she's almost overdoing it, analysing pretty much everything - as if she couldn't otherwise think of anything to say, also not-that-useful stuff, like what got Samwise lynched)
- tone slightly insincere
- like Nogrod says, her Kitanna-analysis is a little weird (an innocent would probably have looked at things a bit more carefully because she needs to find out stuff, not just fake that she's doing so)
+ Samwise-analysis sounds genuine and innocentishly smart
+ not jumpy
+ seems like her normal self (although, I'm not sure if that speaks for her innocence at all... she's quite good at bluffing)

Ok, I didn't become much wiser. I still suspect them both a little, but Kath more than Gwath. I'd very much like to hear more of both of them. I'm hopeful that Kath will appear before the DL...
Old 10-11-2008, 02:04 PM   #235
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

It's less than 40 minutes until the deadline and no one posted anything in the last half an hour... weird... where are you all? Hiding?
Old 10-11-2008, 02:09 PM   #236
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Great! Seems at least some posting is gearing up - now I only hope more people appear to post, and now, and not fifteen minutes before the DL...

Quote:
Two, we have been focused on just a few villagers today. I, Brinn, Rune, Legate, Gollum and Mith have been talked about. Not much about Di or Shasta or Gaunt or Gwath or Kath. Mostly it's just that those who have been around have been talked about and the ones who've been absent have slipped under the radar.
That's quite connected topic, too, and I would second this now. Actually, I have just skimmed through the earlier Days once again (it's called "cursoric reading"), if there are any particular things which would now bring my attention, especially concerning those who have slipped under my radar this far (i.e. Mith, Gwath, Kath, Di, Gaunt...). From those, I got a complex-ish picture of Gaunt as innocent-looking. Besides that, it's either grey zone (Gwathagor, and also Kath, whom I besides that dislike just because of her style of posting, which I a) can never decipher whether being wolfy or innocent, b) am just annoyed with because the posts appear just once a Day, but they are so long ) or too little to chew (Di), or too chaotic (Mithalwen).

(Actually to be honest, the main feeling that it gave me now is just horrible annoyance with the progress of this game: Nogrod was right, half of the players just stops by to post once a Day and that's it... I mean come on, what kind of a game is this supposed to be...)

EDIT: x-ed since Rune
Old 10-11-2008, 02:10 PM   #237
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

I'm back. The errand took longer than I planned. I meant to only buy fruit but I got caught up in a peace rally. Then after awhile I realised I had to hurry and get back so that I could lynch a werewolf.

Anyways, I still need to read up. Just checking in...
Old 10-11-2008, 02:10 PM   #238
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Hey yes, what, I mean come on, is there nobody posting? It's 30 to DL...

Edit: x-ed with Brinn. Well...
Old 10-11-2008, 02:15 PM   #239
Gollum the Great
Shade of Carn Dűm

Gollum the Great has just left Hobbiton.
I'll have something here in a minute...
Old 10-11-2008, 02:16 PM   #240
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I don't really like the current voting situation. I wouldn't like to vote either Rune or Legate, and I obviously won't be voting myself.

edit: xed with Gollum