The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-06-2005, 04:20 PM   #281
AbercrombieOfRohan
Shade of Carn Dûm

AbercrombieOfRohan has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to AbercrombieOfRohan
Tolkien

No surprise here,

++Mormegil.
AbercrombieOfRohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 04:28 PM   #282
arcticstorm
Shade of Carn Dûm

arcticstorm has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to arcticstorm Send a message via MSN to arcticstorm Send a message via Yahoo to arcticstorm
I will bvite for someone who I am almost sure of to be a wolf
++Wilwa
arcticstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 04:39 PM   #283
Márcolië Lamen
Wight

Márcolië Lamen has just left Hobbiton.
Three votes each for the two I'm sure are guilty. I'll take into consideration the possiblity of them not being so and vote for

++Mormegil
Old 10-06-2005, 04:49 PM   #284
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dûm

Azaelia of Willowbottom has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Azaelia of Willowbottom
Silmaril

Arctic and Formendacil have both voted for wilwa, claiming that they "know" she is a wolf; are more certain that she is a wolf than either of the others, etc etc. I find this suspicious behavior, since we *Know*, more definitely than we could ever know about wilwa that one of either morm or abercrombie is a wolf.

So, that being what it is, I have made up a suspect list, though I am normally not a list-maker. This is, of course, subject to change at any time.

Morm
Formendacil
arcticstorm

and following that, I will vote for my highest suspect toDay.

++Morm

Last edited by Azaelia of Willowbottom; 10-06-2005 at 04:50 PM. Reason: stupid spelling mistakes
Azaelia of Willowbottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 05:05 PM   #285
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
1420!

I have a few final words to say.

I want to compliment Marcolie and Formendacil. Even though Marcolie voted for me they both seemed to use genuine wisdom in their decision today and thought about a continued effort in finding actual wolves. Others have been so blinded by AoR trickery that they honed in on me and didn't give the possibility that I'm innocent a second of consideration. Those are they who appear most wolfish to me. Wilwarin's vote for me with absolutely no reason and Boromir's early vote are very telling. They obviously wanted to get the bandwagon rolling. I think Boromir may be guilty but he's a distant 3rd behind AoR and Wilwa. So what I'm saying about Boromir is after my death please suspect him but don't lynch him necessarily until guilt is more sure than it currently is. Give him a fair chance.

Anyway I have been very frustrated today and I'm sorry that it has shown in my posts. I have felt rather like (movie) Sam must have felt when Frodo turned him away for a silly trick that Gollum played. The trick was so obvious and yet he couldn't spot it. All Sam wanted to do was serve Frodo, who I view the innocence as, and yet Frodo let Gollum get in the way and impede the progress.

I still recommend we kill Wilwa today but I am calm and prepared to meet an innocent death. It is in the remaining innocent villagers hands.

Edit: oh and Articstorm gets an honorable mention too for his open-mindedness and voting Wilwa.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:05 PM   #286
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

OK. I am thinking of doing something which may seem a little bit strange.

Having seen the votes mount up for wilwarin, it occurs to me that a lot would be learned from her death. If she is lynched and found to be guilty, all well and fine. But, if she is lynched and found to be innocent, then those who have pushed for her lynching to-Day look very suspicious. Indeed, the final two Wolves will almost certainly be among them. That would put Formendacil and arcticstorm in the frame, with mormegil's guilt or innocence being established to-Morrow when either he or Abercrombie is lynched (and both die).

With the mormegil-Abercrombie Hunter dispute, we have been handed a Wolf on a plate. We have one in the bag, as it were. However, the final Wolf was (or, if wilwa is innocent, the final two Wolves were) always going to be more difficult to find.

So, my proposal is as follows. We lynch wilwarin to-Day. I believe her to be guilty and, if she is, that's fine. In that case, I believe that arcticstorm and, in particular, Formendacil can be pretty much crossed off the Wolf list. If, on the other hand, she is innocent, I would pin them both as the Wolves (with either mormegil or Abercrombie being the other).

The only possible problem here is that if either Formendacil or arctistorm is a Wolf who has written off both wilwarin and mormegil/Abercrombie (whichever is the Wolf) and decided to go it alone. But we hit that problem anyway, even if we lynch mormegil to-Day and leave wilwarin until to-Morrow.

So I am toying with the idea of voting for wilwarin. That will not seal her fate, because there will then be on 4 votes each and morm, with the first vote of the Day, will be lynched. And I have doubts whether Alcarillo will turn up to vote. But if that happens, fine. We know that we will catch a Wolf one way or another if mormegil is lynched.

Thoughts anyone?
Old 10-06-2005, 05:09 PM   #287
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Alcarillo has just left Hobbiton.
Leaf

Three votes for morm, three votes for wilwa.

++morm

Well, it's most likely that:

1. He's a hunter, and he'll take AoR-wolf with him.
2. He's a hunter, and he'll take AoR-innocent with him.
3. He's a wolf.

Two ways we kill a wolf, one way we kill two innocents. A gamble, but I'll take it.
Alcarillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 05:12 PM   #288
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Pipe

Cross-posted with Azaelia (and morm). I had forgotten that she had not yet posted.

It looks like mormegil's fate is now sealed, as wilwa will not get more votes than him now, with only two votes to go, and morm got the first vote of the Day. If you are innocent, morm, you know what to do. You must kill Abercrombie. We must kill a Wolf to-Day if we lose the Hunter.

We can review wilwarin's case to-Morrow, although my current feeling is that we should lynch her and either kill a Wolf or learn some interesting things about Formendacil and arcticstorm.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:13 PM   #289
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
*hands honorable mention to SpM* for his overly late yet progressive thinking.

I couldn't agree more SpM though it appears that Alcarillo sealed my fate.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:14 PM   #290
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Sting

I can still kill Wilwa if you think best, if you'd rather get that info. But as it stands I will go for AoR
Old 10-06-2005, 05:16 PM   #291
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

Now I have gone and cross-poste with Alcarillo.

(Good to see that you could make it to-Day, by the way. )

Actually, Alc, when you voted it was 5 votes for mormegil and 3 votes for wilwarin. My vote will make no difference whatsoever. So I shall use it to put down a marker for to-Morrow.

++WILWARIN538
Old 10-06-2005, 05:18 PM   #292
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil
I can still kill Wilwa if you think best, if you'd rather get that info. But as it stands I will go for AoR
No morm. If you are the Hunter, please take out Abercrombie. We need to kill a Wolf to-Day and that will be the only certain way of doing it.

My reasoning with regard to wilwa will still stand to-Morrow.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:20 PM   #293
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Eye

Fair enough. I will go sharpen my axe and skills and get ready for tonight.

And as far as my opinion matters after today I now think SpM to be innocent and cleared of all suspicion.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:35 PM   #294
AbercrombieOfRohan
Shade of Carn Dûm

AbercrombieOfRohan has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to AbercrombieOfRohan
Tolkien

Good-bye Morm-wolf!
AbercrombieOfRohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 05:50 PM   #295
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

Phew! All a bit of a scramble at the end there! I wish that I had returned earlier. And I wish in a way that we had lynched wilwarin because, either way, I think that it would have helped us in identifying the remaining Wolf or Wolves. Now the Wolves get to see my reasoning and have the opportunity to adjust their plans accordingly.

I think it quite likely that I shall die to-Night, being probably the most innocent looking one around here and (I hope) a pain in the Wolves’ furry necks. So I shall set out my thoughts on all the remaining villagers now, while I still can.

Boromir88: Early vote for mormegil, before we had much of a chance for discussion got me concerned about him again to-Day (having all but discounted him earlier). He still gets credit for having spotted the Seer’s message (although it remains uncertain whether he did so or not before the Cursed was taken) and for helping to nail Eomer-Wolf. If wilwarin is guilty, he could be the final Wolf. Do not discount him. He’s a shrewd one and would be more than capable of winning the game as a lone Wolf.

Wilwarin: I still strongly suspect her, for the reasons that I have given and that have been given by others. I suggest that, subject to any unexpected developments, she is lynched to-Morrow. The reasoning that I outlined above, with regard to Formendacil and arcticstorm will apply. If she’s innocent, one is most likely a Wolf, and quite possibly both. If not, they can probably (although not definitively) be trusted.

Formendacil: His fate now seems to me to be tied to that of wilwarin - see above. If he is a Wolf, Eomer’s responses to his early vote on Day 1 take on a fresh angle.

Mormegil: We will soon find out. I am grateful to you for having declared me cleared of all suspicion, but I am fearful that it may be a final message to your Wolf buddies advising them to take me out to-Night. If, on the other hand, you are the Hunter, I salute you for you will not have died in vain.

Abercrombie: If morm’s a Wolf, she’s the Hunter. If morm’s the Hunter, she dies.

Arctistorm: Same applies as with regard to Formendacil, although Formen was the most zealous of wilwa’s prosecutors to-Day.

Marcolie: I had thought her a possible Wolf at the outset of to-Day. Her contributions to-Day have lessened my suspicions of her, but she cannot be discounted completely.

Azaelia: I still believe that Cailin’s comments yester-Day indicate that she most probably dreamed of Azaelia and found her to be innocent. It’s still unclear to me whether that would have been before the transformation of the Cursed that Night. Unlikely to be a Wolf, but cannot be discounted completely either, since I may have read Cailin’s comments wrongly (or she may have transformed subsequent to Cailin dreaming about her).

Alcarillo: Who knows? I only wish that he would contribute more.

SpM: Probably Wolf-food tonight. They may leave me alone if they want to try to set me up to-Morrow, but there are more suspicious people round here than me right now, so probably not.

Cheerio!

PS (edit): If either or both of mormegil and wilwarin are Wolves, it would speak in Alcarillo's favour as they targetted him yester-Day as the alternative lynchee to Eomer.

Last edited by The Saucepan Man; 10-06-2005 at 05:57 PM.
The Saucepan Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 06:06 PM   #296
Márcolië Lamen
Wight

Assuming nothing unexpected happens to prevent the lynching of wilwarin again, the only that might have been different is which of these two was lynched, and even that probably not so. Because of this I didn't think it'd be worth lynching wilwarin today. However if anyone could argue we should, because I see the point I'd half agree, it'd be SpM, too bad he didn't come in earlier.

However what is done is done. Hopefully we choose a wolf and not our hunter, though either way we'll at least be down one wolf.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:07 PM   #297
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
*TIME*

warning; it is going to take me longer than usual to post the story.
~wolves can go ahead and pm each other
Old 10-06-2005, 07:13 PM   #298
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

A soft early snow fell upon the land blanketing it in sparkles that bedazzled the eyes. Not much to do, the villagers gathered in the warmth of the Inn but not in the warmth of the company.

Morning was spent in greatfulness to Cailin the seer for her work in weeding out one of the beasts, with the cost of her own life. Songs of praise were sang. Attentions were also turned in analizing her words, for knowledge about a few more of villagers.

Talk turned to who the accomplices might be. One stood up straight and tall, "I am the hunter.", he proclaimed.

Another rose up fair and firm,"Thou speakest false, wolf, I am the hunter."

Silence ensued at the two proclaimers. One definitely lied, but which? And it was safe to assume that one truly was the hunter and one would be a wolf, for an ordinary person wouldn't dream of confusing the issue on purpose.

More talk, more deceit, and more votes. Mormegil-blacksmith specializing in weaponry was to be executed for his part in the nightly killings of innocents and his shameful attempt to desicrate the honorable position of hunter.

Most of the villagers praised Abercrombieof Rohan-anchoress for her bravery and fortitude in coming forth in righteousness to demask another wolf.
So they agreed that she should have the honor of taking him down.

The hunter and the false hunter, followed by the rest of the villagers, went outside faced each other and drew their weapons. One had a long sword and one had a double-bladed battle axe.

After the mandatory bow, they locked weapons in a fierce battle to the death: for life, for the dead, for the village.
Working their weapons, blocking, thrusting, swinging, they hit power for power. Rings of clashing metals, sweat dripping, up and down they tried to over power the other.

With a surge of adrenaline, and a cry, "Aure entuluva!!, the true hunter extended their arm slicing through the head of their opponent, the swing was so mighty it came full circle and sliced off the head of its beloved owner.

villagers:6
wolves:2

dead
Holby(mod) clawed from wolves night 1
Gil-Galad(Ordinary)shot by firing squad day1
Shelob(ordinary)killed by wolves jack-o-lantern style night2
The Perky Ent(ranger)executed by his sword day2
cursed villager transformed on night3
Eomer of the Rohirrim(wolf)whacked by lumberjack's axe day3
Cailin(seer)drowned bobbing for apples with eyes ripped out night 4
Mormegil(hunter)beheaded by his own ax in a battle to the death day 4
Abercrombie(wolf)beheaded by hunter in a battle to the death day4

living
Formendacil
Wilwarin
Saucepan Man
Arcticstorm
Alcarillo
Marcolie
Azaelia
Boromir
Old 10-07-2005, 05:48 PM   #299
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The villagers had watched, mesmerized by the prowess of the small fair-haired maiden fighting for them all against an equally masterful blacksmith. A battle that seemed to last forever but came to an ubrupt end when the blacksmith removed the anchoress' head and his own.

In that instant, they both showed their true colors, Mormegil- a faint etheral glow that transcends time and Abercrombie- a faint evil glint in the eye and a furry face.

"That certainly explains her strength," one commented, "And isn't Morm known to be the best hunter in these parts? His larder is always full of meat. How did we miss that?"

Though the villagers felt guilty about their grave mistake, they bore him in honor also, for his sacrifice in taking down a wolf despite all the harsh words and accusations toward him.

After many hours of celebrating the true hunter's victory, the two remaining wolves snuck out without notice to do a bit of planning for a 'celebration' of their own. They were grateful for the sacrifice of their own wolf for having befuddled the villagers and getting the hunter out of the picture. But now it was time to exact revenge in a most diabolical way imaginable.....

The villagers all lined up in the morning for the head count, another shock, they were all there.

Then a gut-wrenching yell came from one of them. The one was doubled over wrything in pain. The others rushed over and laid the one on their back. A horrible sight played before them, a bubbly, foamy liquid burned its way out of the stomach. With a final yell, the villager was dead.

The rest ran to the one's cabin, on a thorough search, it was finally found, a jug of the finest home-brewed "Mornin' Mash" on the breakfast table with acidic poison in it.

villagers:5

dead
SaucepanMan(ordinary)poisoned on night5

living
Formendacil
Wilwarin
Arcticstorm
Alcarillo
Marcolie
Azaelia
Boromir

~sorry for the early start, will still be stopping 8:00 (in 24 hours time)
~wolves stop P.M.
Old 10-07-2005, 06:41 PM   #300
Márcolië Lamen
Wight

Leaf

Its early, but I am not going to go a day without voting, and I am not going to be around at all tomarrow, and until I vote I'll be distracted from the homework thats due at Midnight today. So without further ado, the extremely early vote for

++Wilwarin

oh and a request to the wolves PLEASE eat me. I need to get out of the game, I have finals starting Tuesday as well as other work and need out so that I actually do my work.

--------------------------------------------------

*starts singing*

'To-morrow is Saint Valentine's day,
All in the morning betime,
And I a maid at your window,
To be your Valentine.
Then up he rose, and donn'd his clothes,
And dupp'd the chamber-door;
Let in the maid, that out a maid
Never departed more.'*

*credited to Ophlia from Shakespeare's Hamlet
Old 10-07-2005, 09:05 PM   #301
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
And so, Saucepan Man is dead... And with his and Mormegil's close-related deaths, the village loses two of it's most vocal remaining villagers...

Two wolves down, and two wolves left... And Marcolie has already voted that Wilwarin be executed.

And, truth be told, I still think her guilty. But we must remember that there are TWO Werewolves at large. Who is this other, this fourth wolf? It's all very well to vote off Wilwa ASAP, but we ought to give thought to this fourth...

And right now, I think it to be one the three "A" names on our list: Azaelia, Alcarillo, or Arcticstorm. Boromir and Marcolie, while not entirely exonerated in my mind, are a good deal less suspicious. Boromir COULD, however, be one of the guilty party. He did, after all, open early yesterday with a vote against Mormegil, and if he was a wolf, he would have known AoR was not the Hunter, but one of his nefarious kin... Still, I don't harbour strong suspicions of Boro.

And my suspicions are the 3 "A"s, but it's mainly because the three of them have been keeping a rather low profile lately. It's really more of a suspicion based on omission than a suspicion based on evidence.

Which basically means that, other than Wilwa, I am hesitant to condemn anybody.
Old 10-07-2005, 09:54 PM   #302
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

I will say mormegil was right about one thing, I'm going to be eating my words, and do I sure feel like an idiot. Anyway, I'll be back, this death is rather a surprising one.

I'm glad I denied Abercrombie from a deprogramming one time, since she didn't have enough money for it. I would have been wolf-food for sure then.
Old 10-08-2005, 08:39 AM   #303
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
White Tree

Wow, this quietness is really starting to scare me. Why won't anyone talk! My brain is going to blow!

I have news for you all,...I'm the hunter! Anyone want to challenge me? Ok, seriously now, there's a wolf to find.

The Votes yesterday:

Boromir for Mormegil (Morm: 1)
Wilwarin for Mormegil (morm: 2)
Formendacil for wilwarin (morm: 2; wilwa: 1)
mormegil for wilwarin (morm: 2; wilwa: 2)
Abercrombie for mormegil (morm: 3; wilwa: 2)
arctic for wilwarin (morm:3; wilwa: 3)
Marcolie for mormegil (morm: 4; wilwa: 3)
Azaelia for mormegil (morm: 5; wilwa: 3)
Alcarillo for mormegil (morm: 6; wilwa: 3)
Sauce for wilwarin (morm: 6; wilwa: 4)

I tip my hat to morm for making me eat my words and dragging a wolf down with him. Wow, what are these wolves coming to? Sacrificial and Suicidal, most unusual, but they did get our last gifted. I think we could tell a lot from voting.

I'm already suspicious of Wilwarin's vote. Seemed like she was trying to get morm dead and hanged. Now it may seem like I did the same thing, but I was foolishly fooled by Abercrombie the real wolf, because I would not think a wolf would come out and do such a thing, but obviously one did. I've been fooled by these creatures on a few occasions, but this was the most shocking.

Not only is wilwarin's vote suspicious, but so is Abercrombie and it may go to incriminate wilwa. Abercrombie of course votes the expected way, and breaks the tie, just as anti-wilwa sentiment begins to grow.

If wilwa's a wolf I seriously doubt Formendacil and arctic are wolves (though I still wouldn't put it past me, I don't want to eat my words again).

Marcolie's vote is slightly suspicious in breaking the tie, but I'm more suspicious of Azaelia and Alcarillo who sealed mormegil's fate, and added the stamp of approval.

That's from voting yesterday.

Formendacil-
Suspected: Azaelia, Wilwarin
Voted for: Wilwarin

Wilwarin-
Supsected: morm
Voted: morm

arctic-
Suspected: wilwarin
voted: wilwarin

Alcarillo-
Suspected: no one
voted for: mormegil

Marcolie-
Suspected: wilwarin, morm
voted: morm

Azaelia-
Suspected: morm
voted: morm

Sauce-
Suspected: morm, wilwarin

mormegil-
Suspected: Abercrombie, wilwarin, Boromir

I see wilwarin's name a lot, and it's probably the person I'll be voting for today, unless anything dramatically changes (judging by posts so far I doubt it! Talk!) I also won't vote so darn early (cheers in background). But wilwarin is pretty incriminating right now, with her vote, Abercrombies vote, and all this other stuff.

Even when she did vote for mormegil, after me, she said two lines on she believed he was lying and then the rest went to say she was sorry for voting for Perky.

If wilwa's a wolf, I doubt Formendacil is one. What about arctic? I'm still mildly suspicious of him, even with his vote for wilwa tying things up. He could have known that the remaining voters were going to vote for mormegil. But, I doubt it.

Alcarillo puzzles me. Barely says anything, doesn't vote occasionally, doesn't say what he thinks a lot, or his suspects. With time running down, my suspicions of him grow.

I'm not convinced by Azaelia's innocence either. Her vote for morm sealed his fate.

So...

1) wilwarin
2) Alcarillo/Azaelia

Last edited by Boromir88; 10-08-2005 at 08:57 AM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 10:44 AM   #304
arcticstorm
Shade of Carn Dûm

Send a message via AIM to arcticstorm Send a message via MSN to arcticstorm Send a message via Yahoo to arcticstorm
WHy is everyone so quiet today? It would seem like now more than ever we need to compile our ideas to quickly find those last two wolves. I thought yesterday that Morm was telling the truth, but Iam a little saddened to find out that he was. We could have used our hunter later on. BUt at least another of those lupines was taken down with him. Wilwa seems to be the most suspicious to me today, follwed by Azaelia. They have been on almost everyone's suspicion lists since day 1, yet they are still here. It will be rather embaressing if they turn out to be wolves and we just wouldn't vote for them before. But we only have two more chances at this. If we lynch innocents today and tomorrow those lupinious fiends will destroy our village. I will probably vote for Wilwa again today and pray that she is indeed one of our wolves.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:57 AM   #305
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88
Wow, this quietness is really starting to scare me. Why won't anyone talk! My brain is going to blow!
You be right... the village is as silent as the tomb. Almost. T'is only you and I thus far, Master Boromir, and other than Marcolie's early accusation, there hasn't been a peep out of anyone else...

Boromir: As noted, I don't really suspect him. I'm not sure why... He DID try and get Mormegil lynched yesterday. In fact, he was the one who started off the voting- for Mormegil. However, that really doesn't prove anything. I leant towards suspecting Morm myself, over AoR.

Wilwarin: Still my main target. Based on pre-yesterday experience, she was very Wolfish. And the fact that she got the bandwaggon rolling for Mormegil only adds to the suspicion. As we all know through the painful glare of hindsight, Morm was our hunter. Wilwa consequently remains at the top of my suspects list, and if my life is now tied to her fate, then so be it.

Marcolie: Seems like an innocent. Her vote this morning smacks of mine (for her, I remember bemusedly) back on Day 1. However, it seems a good deal more guided. Is it an attempt by a wolf who will be missing to carefully stay unsuspicious? Somehow, I think not. Personally, I think that she is an innocent villager.

I have news for you all,...I'm the hunter! Anyone want to challenge me? Ok, seriously now, there's a wolf to find.

arctic, Azaelia, and Alcarillo: I really don't know what to make of any of these... Their lack of posting today is most suspicious. If Wilwa is one of the two remaining Werewolves, then who is the other?

Arcticstorm suspected Wilwa and voted for Wilwa yesterday, at a fairly early point, when the voting could easily have switched to a Wilwa defeat. On the other hand, the big issue of the day was "Who is the Hunter?" and the voting seemed designed to strike in that direction, thus making an anti-Wilwa vote rather unlikely. Difficult to say...

Azaelia has seemed suspicious to me before. But it isn't so much WHAT she says, as that she says very little, and maybe what little she says is rather suspicious. I don't know... It's more feeling that based on evidence. However, looking at yesterday's evidence, Azaelia voted against Mormegil, her vote giving him the killing blow (his fifth vote out of ten). Coupled with my suspicious feeling, this looks bad to me, but isn't really enough to call for action.

Alcarillo's vote yesterday was a throwaway. He voted for Morm after he was already convicted, de facto. Was this a ploy to play along with the bandwaggon? Or was this an innocent villager jumping on the bandwaggon? Of these three "A"s, Alcarillo is the hardest to read...

So there we are... My vote for today seems rather clear-cut, but I am troubled by the absences of four of our players (including the one I keep accusing). Furthermore, there will still remain a fourth wolf if we lynch the third tonight. Some thought should be given to that...

NOTE: Crossposting with Arcticstorm.
Old 10-08-2005, 11:43 AM   #306
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Sorry, all. I had SATs all morning. ick.

[quote=boro] I'm not convinced by Azaelia's innocence either. Her vote for morm sealed his fate. [/b]

I don't understand how my vote for Morm sealed his fate. There were two others who voted after I did. And had they voted for Wilwa, there would have been a tie in voting. And Boromir who led the voting by posting a vote for Morm would have sealed his fate since in a tie, the first person voted for dies.

I thought for sure I was right yesterDay. So did a lot of people, based on the clear majority. But my vote seems to be always wrong.

I have no idea who to suspect today.
Old 10-08-2005, 12:23 PM   #307
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

Quote:
I don't understand how my vote for Morm sealed his fate. There were two others who voted after I did. And had they voted for Wilwa, there would have been a tie in voting. And Boromir who led the voting by posting a vote for Morm would have sealed his fate since in a tie, the first person voted for dies.
Yeah, your vote sealed his fate. It just so happens I voted for him first, but you put it out of reach with your vote. My vote wouldn't be sealing his fate, because that I was the first to vote, a lot of voting to go around still.

Quote:
But my vote seems to be always wrong.
That's what's scary.

Last edited by Boromir88; 10-08-2005 at 12:26 PM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 12:59 PM   #308
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azaelia of Willowbottom
As I noted in my post previous, your vote was the Fifth one cast for Mormegil yesterday. As there were ten people left alive, your vote meant that Mormegil had half the votes- which was a conviction, because even a tie would have meant his death, since in the event of a tie, the first one to the full number is lynched.

Well, things are really moving along sluggishly today. Some people- almost everybody- seems to be trying to fly under the radar.

So enough with trying to draw conclusions about Werewolf IV, I'm voting for Werewolf III:

++Wilwarin538

And as note to the village: Mormegil also thought Wilwa was a Werewolf. A nice thought for one who's fate is dependent on her being proven a Werewolf.
Old 10-08-2005, 02:39 PM   #309
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Only three hours until the end of the Day, and this is only the 10th post... We are feeling Sauce's loss greatly.

Is it the weekend? Are people hiding undercover?

This is only my 4th post, and I feel like I am the new Sauce, Eomer, Mormegil combo...

Not a word out of Wilwa. I can only assume that she knows she is going to die, and somehow hopes to avoid it by lying low...

T'is a cold day, a dark day.

I do not like it.
Old 10-08-2005, 02:43 PM   #310
arcticstorm
Shade of Carn Dûm

I wish we would hear something from our remaining villagers, we only have two chances left, if Wilwa is innocent, we have to catch a wolf tomorrow, if she is guilty we have a little more leeway, however, I do not think I can wait much longer to cast my vote. I will wait a little longer to see if anybody says anything, but if no one comes forward to defend her, I will vote for Wilwa again, and I pray she is guilty.
Old 10-08-2005, 03:13 PM   #311
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

This super quietness is driving me mad. Actually, Form, I fully suspect to get whacked tonight. It wouldn't surprise me if I do.

++Wilwarin

I won't be around for the rest of the day, and I haven't seen anything to change my mind, or anything from wilwarin, Alcarillo, or Marcolie.

So, before I go here's my final thoughts on everyone.

Formendacil- Not too suspicious, and if Wilwarin turns out to be a wolf, I would go as far to say I'm sure he's innocent.

arctic- atleast trying to help out today with all this quiet shushiness. I suspect most the ones who are being quiet.

Alcarillo- Growingly suspicious, continues to be quiet, continues to say little and mostly just seems to go along with people.

Azaelia- Another one growingly suspicious, especially trying to say her vote wasn't the tying knot in mormegil's death and trying to say it was all my fault.

wilwarin- I voted for her. What else is there to say besides she's a wolf?

Marcolie- Another one I wouldn't say is too suspicious, but has been quiet today, which gets me suspicious and one to keep an eye on closely.

So in order of most suspicious to least...

1) Wilwarin
2) Azaelia
3) Alcarillo
4) Marcolie
5) Arctic
6) Formendacil
7) Me
Old 10-08-2005, 03:35 PM   #312
arcticstorm
Shade of Carn Dûm

As it looks like no one else is going to speak up I have no choice but to cast my vote for
++Wilwarin
Old 10-08-2005, 04:02 PM   #313
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
I don't know what to say. Except that you are making a mistake. I supose its my own fault though, I didn't really take this as seriuosly as I should have. I'm not even going to bother voting, since I'm always voting for the wrong person.

I also just want you to know that I think that eather or both Formen and Zali are wolves.

Good luck with the rest of the game! I might as well say now that I forgive all those who vote for me.
Old 10-08-2005, 04:59 PM   #314
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Alcarillo has just left Hobbiton.
Today certainly has been quiet, but I suppose now I'm being a hypocrite. Anyways, it look's like Wilwa's fate is sealed. But I'd say that either Arctic or Azaelia is a wolf. I would say that they are the two wolves left, and Azaelia is more likely one than Arctic. So, just to acknowledge who I think is a wolf:

++Azaelia of Willowbottom

Now, I have no way of convincing you that I am not a wolf besides my word as an honest silversmith.
Alcarillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 05:49 PM   #315
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Well, my prospects are looking rather grim in terms of what happens tomorrow. I am innocent. Fine, lynch me the next chance you get, and see where it gets you. Nowhere. I don't understand why everyone is so convinced everything is my fault. I'm sorry if I sound disgruntled. It's because I am. It's very frustrating to know that you're innocent but also know that nothing you do or say is going to lift the suspicion that has been put upon you.

I simply thought Morm was a wolf. So did six (? I can't count) other people. Just because my vote happened to hold the special fifth place doesn't mean that I am a wolf. I didn't go back and count and say "oh! I am sealing Morm's fate!" How am I supposed to know he was innocent? Certainly no one else did at the time. I thought "Both he and Abercrombie seem suspicious to me, but he seems the most suspicious of the two".

Here is my not-so-special 5th place vote again.

++ Wilwa

Her fate is already sealed, and of us all, she seems the most likely to be a wolf. I hope for all of our sakes she is a wolf, but whichever she is, I am pretty much as good as dead anyway.

If, on the off-chance, you're innocent, Wilwa, Please forgive my vote and take solace in knowing that Wrong-Way Azaelia will most likely soon join you.
Old 10-08-2005, 05:53 PM   #316
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Looking back, I realized I sounded really grumpy in the last post I made. I'm sorry, everyone. I'm just very frustrated. I don't mean to attack anyone personally. And the word "attack" was just used in a completely innocent fashion
Old 10-08-2005, 05:55 PM   #317
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

*TIME* all votes in (Wilwa said she wasn't voting)
Old 10-08-2005, 06:13 PM   #318
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The early snow had melted through out the day, mixing bitter cold mud and dried out leaves fallen from the barren trees. Most of the day was again spent helping the cemetary keeper dig graves. There were so many to bury and so few left to help.

The deceased were given their proper respect and goodbyes then laid to rest. Eomer and Abercrombie, the former wolves, were burned on a funeral pyre. They would not be laid in hallowed ground because of their horrific crimes but they were still mourned because of who they were before the evil befell the island.

Few words were spoken even from the condemned.
"I don't know what to say, I have been quiet but that doesn't mean I am a wolf! See, I have been sketching all that's been happening." said Wilwarin. And true enough she produced piles of sketches, of the talk, of the dead, of the voting, of all what was happening around her.

"These are good, these are very good. But they will not save you from death, just because you drew these doesn't mean you didn't have a paw in it!"

A few held on tight to Wilwarin and brought her outside when someone yelled "Pan for everyone!"*
"Pan?! does that mean you want to break bread with me?", asked a confused Wilwarin.
"Oh, we'll beak something with you but it won't be bread."

A couple of them ran into the Inn's kitchen and brought out pans and skillets, enough for everyone to beat Wilwarin with.

And beat her they did.

Her bruised and broken body lay in the mud. Had the villagers become as maniacal as the wolves?

villagers:4

dead
Wilwarin(ordinary)'panned' to death day5

living
Formendacil
Arcticstorm
Alcarillo
Marcolie
Azaelia
Boromir

~wolves P.M.

*Used with permission from Shelob
Old 10-09-2005, 05:56 PM   #319
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The mud was already dryingout making toNIGHT's kill a bit easier. The night before the wolves had to run to each home and business criss-crossing so none could follow their tracks in the snow.

If things went right tomorrow as it did yesterday, they could openly attack the few remaining villagers. Victory was so close they could almost taste it, running their tongues along their fangs indecently.

Enough fantasizing, they had to plan tonight's kill...

Not realizing at first what woke them up, the villagers laid in the inky black, then their noses smarted and their eyes watered. FIRE! And a wild fire on an island is never good. They ran out ready to fight the blaze but were relieved to find the fire contained in a bon.

Their relief was short-lived when on closer inspection they found the bonfire to be comprised of books and the editor bound and gagged on top. Nothing could be done, the editor was already dead.The sick irony was not lost upon the villagers when they remembered it was November 5th.

villagers:3

dead
Wilwarin(ordinary)'panned' to death day5
Marcolie(ordinary)got 'fawkesed' on night6

living Formendacil
Arcticstorm
Alcarillo
Azaelia
Boromir

Last edited by Holbytlass; 10-09-2005 at 05:59 PM.
Holbytlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 07:35 PM   #320
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Three innocent villagers and two werewolves...

And at the end of today, another person will be dead. One can hope that it will be a Werewolf, but if it isn't...

Another villager will be killed tonight. In other words, unless we get one of the Werewolves today, we're goners. The Werewolves will lose, because tomorrow there will be two Werewolves and one villager.

Unfortunately, I'm looking at this situation, and I think the villagers can almost concede a loss. The last two days I have tried incredibly hard to have Wilwa executed. And, yesterday, she was. And to my chagrin, she has proven to have been innocent.

So I must eat my words, and- in all probability- face my fate. So be it. I will go, accepting the consequences of my actions, knowing that with my death, the village is fated to lose another innocent- and so lose everything. If these be my last hours, then I shall spend them trying to figure out who the two Werewolves are.

I shall at least know one, I hope, ere I die.