The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-07-2007, 09:12 AM   #3761
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
1420!

Psst, Morm clean out your inbox
Old 05-07-2007, 10:37 AM   #3762
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil
Right now life has been too crazy and I'm trying to write sufficiently for the RPG's so no I won't be able to at this time. Rikae, would you be able to take my spot?
Um...I was afraid of this...
I'll need at least a week to prepare. Sorry everybody...
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:57 AM   #3763
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Um...I was afraid of this...
I'll need at least a week to prepare. Sorry everybody...
Hey, c'mon...
*We-want-werewolf! We-want-werewolf!*

But actually I think, if people could start signing up in the time you make preparations, well, it would be good and speed up the process, no? Of course, you'd possibly have to put here at least some basic outline of what sort of game it would be... but for some people, this doesn't matter

(P.S. And yes, I know the word that's in your mind now: Addict!!!)
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:04 AM   #3764
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naria
Psst, Morm clean out your inbox
Clear
Old 05-11-2007, 10:19 PM   #3765
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

White-Hand

Here is your new list

Saucie
Legate
Fea
Shast
Lommy

Last edited by Naria; 05-22-2007 at 02:20 PM.
Naria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 06:08 AM   #3766
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I'd love to mod a game, but I probably can't do it before mid-August (since I have no chances of modding one from mid-July - when I think my game would be scheduled to begin at earliest - to mid-August)... So could I be added to the bottom and people after me in the list could mod before me, if the fifth game from now is to be before that (like I'd think)...? Or should I just sign up later?
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 06:16 AM   #3767
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien
I'd love to mod a game, but I probably can't do it before mid-August (since I have no chances of modding one from mid-July - when I think my game would be scheduled to begin at earliest - to mid-August)... So could I be added to the bottom and people after me in the list could mod before me, if the fifth game from now is to be before that (like I'd think)...? Or should I just sign up later?
It is difficult to gauge how long each game will take and what the wait time is in between games. If sign up is slow obviously it could delay the game significantly. I'm hesitant to get the list too long also. I would consider 4 people to be a 3 to 4 month period so it may work out just fine and I can't remember for certain but I think I specified a list max of 3 or 5 so go ahead and add Lommy but no more after her until we clear one more off.
Old 05-26-2007, 04:41 AM   #3768
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

Looks like I am next on the modding list. I have a game plan worked out but, before starting up recruitment, there are a few points to mention:

1. Mormegil was, I think, next in line before Rikae but was unable to mod at that time. I'm happy to make way for you, morm, if you are ready to mod now.

2. My proposed game is similar to Rikae's, in that the roles will be unknown (though not, in themselves, necessarily similar to the ones that she had) and will be a quite big game (20 players+). If people would prefer something a bit different, then I am happy to make way for a simpler game and mod my game after that.

3. I am away from 15-18 June and will be very busy over the weekend of 23 June (my 40th birthday party ). So, if the game was still going at that time, there would have to be a break (unless there are any volunteers to co-mod).

Subject to all that, I can start recruiting right away.
Old 05-26-2007, 04:55 AM   #3769
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man
Looks like I am next on the modding list. I have a game plan worked out but, before starting up recruitment, there are a few points to mention:

1. Mormegil was, I think, next in line before Rikae but was unable to mod at that time. I'm happy to make way for you, morm, if you are ready to mod now.
No go ahead. I've punished myself because I have removed myself now twice and I think that if that is done I would make it so that that person could not mod a game for a while and I hold myself to the same rules.

I'm not sure how much time I could commit but I may sign up for your game Saucie.
Old 05-26-2007, 06:47 AM   #3770
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Sign me up, Saucie!
Old 05-26-2007, 10:29 AM   #3771
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I have officially graduated from high school so all that crap that sadly kept me from Rikae's game (I am sooooo, sooo sorry...I feel so bad about that, and I am quite p.o.-ed that I missed it, particularly the chance to play with fire and werewolves...) is out of the way.

So sign me up, please, and if it looks like anything else is going to get in my way before the game starts, I promise I will back out rather than leave everyone hanging. I am so sorry for that...
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 01:34 PM   #3772
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I would like to play too, but I'm afraid I have little chance to be online during 15-17 June (it's my friend's birthday and we're going to her summer cottage), and on 20 June I'll travel to Hungary.
But if the game starts early enough so that I won't miss too many days, I'd be happy to play.
Old 05-26-2007, 01:35 PM   #3773
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
i'm in...
Old 05-26-2007, 01:39 PM   #3774
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Shasta: *signs up*
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 09:08 AM   #3775
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Thumbs up

Unknown roles? Again? Why?

Sounds great! I'm deffinitely in!
Old 05-27-2007, 04:07 PM   #3776
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Absolutely in!

I can't fathom Saucie's game without participation....

Ha-haa.. my birthday is only at the beginning of December... You oldie!

PS. Nice to see Morm around as well. I have been missing your sarcasm lately...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 05:34 PM   #3777
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
I would love to get in another one here, but a lot of it will depend upon the voting deadline. I don't want to be stuck in another situation where I can't be around for most of the day.
Old 05-27-2007, 07:58 PM   #3778
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Hm, unknown roles? I'm glad to see my idea taking off like this.

Put my name down while you're at it. Note that I'm two hours behind my usual time, though, since I'm considerably farther to the west. I'm probably in with Gil-Galad and Mormegil as far as the timezone is concerned.
Old 05-28-2007, 12:53 AM   #3779
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I'm getting the feeling I should either

A: Be in awe

or

B: Be very scared

Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 05-28-2007, 01:23 AM   #3780
The Sixth Wizard
Shade of Carn Dűm

The Sixth Wizard has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to The Sixth Wizard
I will be signed in an upward direction please.
The Sixth Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 01:53 AM   #3781
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Sign me in.

If Noggie and Aganzir are able to play I suppose I'm able to play as well.

The sooner this starts, the happier I am.
Old 05-28-2007, 03:11 AM   #3782
Volo

Oh, and I'd like to note that I might be having a very wierd logic in the game. Just telling, now before I get my role.

Also, is it anyhow possible to sign in the modlist for the second half of August (or so) or am I too late?
Old 05-29-2007, 01:32 AM   #3783
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I guess the modding list is now closed, but watch out after Sauce's game has started because then he's not on the list anymore and there's space for one more mod on the list.
Old 05-29-2007, 02:02 AM   #3784
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

White-Hand

Legate
Fea
Shasta
Lommy

Sorry for the delay. Saucie's admin thread is up! There is now room for one more mod
Old 05-29-2007, 02:04 AM   #3785
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

If there's room for one, should you add Volo?

And Naria when will you actually take part in a game yourself? We miss you...
Old 05-29-2007, 12:03 PM   #3786
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man
I ..will be very busy over the weekend of 23 June (my 40th birthday party ).
I hope it is undercover.... I happen to know that it is always a good chance of vast amounts of rain on 23rd of June... my 21st for example was the wettest June day since records began. Other birthdays have been spent being resolutely British at Wimbledon hoping to goodness that the rain will stop before Cliff Richard starts to sing... I am not being entirely flippant in my profile....

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 01:16 AM   #3787
mormegil
Maundering Mage

I have spoken to Naria and while there is still a great deal of interest in modding I think it wise to limit the number of games modded by an individual. I realize that some have modded more than one and in those cases I don't see a problem as the time frame has been significant. However, I think at least 6 months should go by before somebody mods again, unless of course there aren't sufficient mods but I don't see that as a problem. Please take that into consideration when signing up to be a mod.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:38 AM   #3788
Volo

Ok. In that case I guess anybody willing to mod before me, can do that. Lucky you, who do!
Old 05-30-2007, 06:40 AM   #3789
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mith
I hope it is undercover.... I happen to know that it is always a good chance of vast amounts of rain on 23rd of June...
Well, we are having a Marquee. But I am rather hoping that June's weather will make up for the current poor showing.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:33 PM   #3790
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

So, Legate.....

(Put me at the top of the list, OK? )
Old 06-12-2007, 02:40 AM   #3791
Volo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
(Put me at the top of the list, OK? )
No you don't! I was first, ages ago.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:08 PM   #3792
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo
No you don't! I was first, ages ago.
That's true, Volo practically signed up some month ago

But I hope this does not make a problem, Rikae, you'll be on the (also very important) second place. Or if you wanted something really special, I can give you the first place from the bottom or something like that...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 06-12-2007, 02:46 PM   #3793
Volo

White-Hand

Umm... Legate. I m- mi- mightnotbeabletoplay... *gulp* Since I don't have a computer myself at the moment and my family is returning from Mor- umm.. Ukraine tommorrow, I won't be able to use the one I'm currently using at all. That would mean the I'd have to do like Lommy did for a long time and go to the library, and that would have been fine with me. Except for the fact that I'm going to a camp on the 24th and I'll return on the 1st. Although I'll probably leave for Germany straight after that...

Sorry... Rikae will probably have to take my place in the queue.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:01 PM   #3794
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

I get Rikae's place, then! :P
Old 06-12-2007, 06:27 PM   #3795
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
You can count me in as well Legate!

I have two reservations though:

About the old pagan Midsummer's Eve which the Christian conquerors of our lands have never been able to trick away from us Finns (St. John's day... who knew that? ) I will be at our family's summer cottage having a party. In Finland it's forced to be out of the real calenderic day of the Midsummer's eve to be the weekend - not to interfere with the labour market for the capital gain (so here you see the real forces of this world, the Markets). So I would be away from Friday 22nd to something like Monday 25th. If that doesn't maim the game I'm all in!

Secondly: be ready to meet a different Nogrod! I'd like to change the playing style of mine and it's time for something completely different... It's another thing how well I can live up to this promise but I will try just for the fun of it!

So with these reservations I'm in.

Last edited by Nogrod; 06-13-2007 at 12:18 PM.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 03:02 AM   #3796
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sign me up, Legate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
So I would be away from Friday 22nd to something like Monday 25th.
Don't worry. I would never try to lynch you while you're being away.

*coughvalier'sgamecough*
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 04:08 AM   #3797
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I'd so much like to play but I guess my situation is hopeless because I have the same midsummer-thing as Nogrod and I will be going to Berlin on the 30th... So I guess I'll miss the game. Hope you guys will have fun though. (I guess I can't trust on dying early enough to play in the game... )

And I took the liberty to update the modding list, as I've decided that instead of modding alone I will co-mod with Aganzir. So, the modding list:

Legate
Fea
Shasta
Lommy and Aganzir
Old 06-13-2007, 05:03 AM   #3798
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Now, now! I think if we start early (of course depending on the speed of assembling the people), you Finns might be able to participate for quite a long time. And if nothing else, they can always lynch/kill you before you are forced to depart

Volo, that's really a shame... you might try at least, but if it's worth it... decide for yourself...

Seeing that the discussion about SpM's game is probably solved, and the queue is forming, I'd put up the admin thread today, and then we'll see... (meaning we'll see if someone doesn't back off )
Old 06-13-2007, 05:13 AM   #3799
Volo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc
Volo, that's really a shame... you might try at least, but if it's worth it... decide for yourself...
I might be able to play in July. But I doubt that getting the game started will take that long. Real pity though...
Old 06-13-2007, 06:47 AM   #3800
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

If it takes that long, I won't be able to play!