The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-01-2003, 01:49 PM   #1
Mornie Alantie
Wight

Location: Somewhere above earth cause people say i should come down to it
Mornie Alantie has just left Hobbiton.
Sting Awern ROTK scene in TTT preview!

I have seen TTT 9 times in theater, but I decided to watch the preview on <A HREF="http://www.lordofthering.net" TARGET=_blank>www.lordofthering.net</A> (go to close to the top and it list the movies click the two towers) Well, I watched it a couple of time and the part when Arwen says "you have the gift of forsight, tell me what you have seen." At first it appeared to be just a deleted scene from TTT, but then I realized that as she ran in Elfbarren Rivendell (etra evidence that it is ROTK) Elrond was at a desk by himself. But before she gets to the stairs she drops the cloak that she was wearing when she left Rivendell in TTT. So It is to be concluded that she returns to Rivendell!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is also known that Narsil is reforged in the beginning of ROTK. Which give the Rumor possiblility that she gives Narsil/Andruil to Aragorn in Rohan a very good chance to be true! The dots are connecting, for good or ill.<P>Anothing is the not in movie part when Elrond says, "the Alliance between men and elves is over."(then it continues saying, Our time here is ending, Arwen's time is ending. Let her Go")<P><BR>Isn't that cool? It just connects like a really cool LOTR puzzle.
Old 04-01-2003, 02:20 PM   #2
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

well... I just went and posted a new topic on an Arwen scene only miscontinuation, not continuation.<P>I love it when everything fits together liek a jigsaw! And I have noticed how a lot of other movie scenes get thrown into Fotr/TTT trailers. I was kind of confused about the Arwen/Elrond scene before. I assumed it linked into the TTT scene. Thanks for the explaination <BR>Did she return to Rivendell in the books? Did she have a reason for returning? My head is telling me its Aragorn-related reasons, with the whole "he is not coming back" scene.
Old 04-01-2003, 02:36 PM   #3
Mornie Alantie
Wight

Sting

Actaully, She never left Rivendell in the TTT book, in fact, i don't think she was even in it beyond being mentioned if that! But PJ needed a romance in it. Any way.
Old 04-01-2003, 02:42 PM   #4
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Sting

I wonder where Arwen was going in TTT. Maybe she had decided to go to the Havens or something. But then how would she be there for Aragorn? Maybe she gets wailaid by orcs or something....that would be proper PJ stuff. That might have something to do with her coming back, if there's something like that in a movie. But then, maybe she was just going for a late walk... <BR> <p>[ April 01, 2003: Message edited by: GaladrieloftheOlden ]
Old 04-01-2003, 02:50 PM   #5
Mornie Alantie
Wight

Sting

No. The elves were Almost etirely going to the havens at that time. Only a few such as Elrond, Galadriel and such stayed. The elves we saw were on their way to the Havens. Arwen Obviously just decides to go back. Also I have seen many Pics and Clips of Elrond and one (or two) of Arwen at Lothlorien. But I heard Arwen was supposed to take Narsil/Andruil to Aragorn. Also on another trailer there is one of Arwen and Aragorn meeting and Kissing, which could very well be the part when she brings him Narsil/Andruil.
Old 04-01-2003, 02:56 PM   #6
Mornie Alantie
Wight

Sting

And another thing! In the other Preview they show either Arwen or Elrond (both of them where long clothes so I cant tell) approach the shards of Narsil.
Old 04-01-2003, 09:40 PM   #7
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Good observations. I can see how the lines even fit to the beginning of RoTK.<P>Very early in the film we see Arwen returning to Rivendell and Elrond asking what she is doing back.<P>Arwen: You have the power of forsight. Tell me what you have seen?<BR>Elrond: He is not coming back.<BR>Arwen: Then I'm going to do something about it.<P>Despite Elrond's protests she goes to get the reforged Narsil/Anduril and sets off.<P>Just shooting in the dark.<P>H.C.
Old 04-02-2003, 08:30 AM   #8
Mornie Alantie
Wight

Sting

Actually the part where Elrond says, "he is not coming back" Was in the actual Two Towers. If you look the lighting is way different between the two. But Elrond says that when he was convincing her to leave.
Old 04-02-2003, 09:35 AM   #9
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Oops, so much for that idea.<P>H.C.
Old 04-02-2003, 10:50 AM   #10
Mornie Alantie
Wight

Sting

I bet they will have Elrond and Arwen travel to Lothlorien with Narsil/Andruil. But who can read the mind of PJ? For he is quick to seperate from the book and unpredictable.