Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2007, 01:30 PM   #121
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'm a very sorry I have let this game slow down quite a bit. We were doing so well there, as Child even congratulated us! Thank you, by the way, though I'm beginning to think you jinxed us...

I'll be reading through what I've gotten behind on and will get a post up ASAP, seeing what I can do to push things forward a bit.

Ah, I know just the thing....
Old 07-13-2007, 08:23 PM   #122
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
Finduilas is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Since you have an idea, should I not post till you have?

I will be leaving again Sunday.

So sorry about not getting a post up, but I will try before I leave.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:04 PM   #123
Forest Elf
Haunting Spirit

Location: You say your hurting is over.. It feels like you're out of reach...
Forest Elf has just left Hobbiton.
sorry that I haven't been on much. Summer's been hectic.

I'll try to get a post in soon.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:33 PM   #124
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
No worries, Forest Elf - as you can see, we've all been busy, anyway.

And no, please go ahead (as you have done), Finduilas. I am simply going to institute an idea Firefoot and I had, but it will not directly effect the plot...not in that way. Yeah, it will make sense, I promise.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:45 AM   #125
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
I'm leaving tomorrow for a two week vacation, so I wont be able to write another post till it's over. But considering the rate this RPG is going...

My character can be used by anyone, if necassary. Just remember that he isn't a pushy fellow, and probably wont say to much. Of course, if you can in any way not use him, that'd be great.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:59 PM   #126
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

There are at least a couple odd characters in Bree who most feel could well be dangerous.

This is the information commonly known about two such people:

Quote:
Name: Old Jak
Race: Man

Appearance: Last they say, large man, dark hair, dark beard, rough clothing.

Personality: Jak is known about town as an unsociable body who is always cranky with other people and who has not been seen in Bree for the past ten years. He is rumored to eat raw meat out in the middle of the woods and haunts the wild like a beast.

History: Unknown.
Quote:
Name: Owyn

Appearance: Owyn stands out with a darker complexion than Breelanders. He is a very stout, squat sort of man, standing at only about 5'6" but heavily built. He has greasy dark hair that is greying, and usually wears very simple clothing made of animal hides. He is also sometimes seen wearing a nightgown or robe of sorts.

Personality: He is known as a man who hates everyone and everything, and who has an upsetting interest in weapons and violence as a precise science.

History: has lived in Bree for at least 30 years in the same row-house on the eastern edge of town, and his house has aged considerably with him so that is in disrepair. He is rarely seen outside of his house except at night, and then usually he is only seen leaving his house or leaving the town. It is also rumoured among some that Owyn was born far away in the southeast, and that he served Sauron as a young man.

As these possible suspects are investigated, this information will undoubtedly be added to...

Last edited by Durelin; 08-08-2007 at 10:05 PM.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:50 AM   #127
Dunwen
Wight

Dunwen has just left Hobbiton.
Dearie me! Kuric has dissed Sam's friend -- I think Sam wants to say a few words in Eric's defense before he starts to wonder about suspicious acting Breelanders.

Would that be okay, or would everyone just prefer that Sam let Kuric's remark pass?
Old 08-21-2007, 07:01 AM   #128
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Dunwen - If Morm wouldn't mind adding a couple lines of dialogue to his post, you could do it that way. Just post what you want him to say here on the discussion thread, or you could pm him.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:58 PM   #129
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot View Post
Dunwen - If Morm wouldn't mind adding a couple lines of dialogue to his post, you could do it that way. Just post what you want him to say here on the discussion thread, or you could pm him.

Possibly, just let me know. Kuric does mutter to himself a lot but it could be overheard. Let me know what you would like to say. I don't mind a heated debate
Old 08-22-2007, 08:50 AM   #130
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Palantir-Green

I'm back and I wrote something.
From now on I will keep following and participating in this RPG more actively, as my summer holiday is over.

If my post causes problems when you write the Kuric-Sam -dialogue, just tell me - I can edit or delete it.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:45 PM   #131
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I'm not sure if I understand this concept so may I save the next post for me? I think it would fit rather well. The way I envision it happening is Kuric discuss the topic of the new people mentioned and then Sam can interject if he chooses.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:42 AM   #132
Dunwen
Wight

Morm and all,

This is what I was thinking of for my next post, in the quote below. My original idea is that Sam heard one of Kuric's mutterings and is responding to that. However, if what I have below won't work with the story, let me know -- I'll be happy to edit. I'll wait till somebody tells me to post it or edit it.
--Dunwen

Quote:
"Volunteer to look good, is all they're doing and then when danger looks at them they put their tail between their legs and run. Bah!" Kuric spat.

Sam frowned. He wouldn’t be much of a hobbit if he didn't stick up for his friend.

“If I was you, Master Dwarf,” he said firmly, “I wouldn’t be so hasty to judge people. I’ve known Eric for twenty years and there’s no cowardly streak in him. But if he came with us and got hurt or worse, his ma and sister would be hard pressed to feed themselves. And he didn’t volunteer like the rest of us did. The mayor just told him he was going, willy-nilly.”

After a short pause, Sam cleared his throat self-consciously and addressed the girl. “Begging your pardon, Miss Leonora, but Jak might not be just a gaffer’s tale,” he said slowly. “Once or twice a year when we were boys, Eric and I would slip off to the Chetwood for a couple of days. Most of the time we'd do our hunting and come back home. But there were a few times when we thought we heard somebody chanting-like, pretty far away. It was always happened at night. We never could find out who it was. We did find Man tracks one time, and a fresh squirrel skin without any arrow mark, but that's all."
Old 08-23-2007, 09:33 AM   #133
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I'm working on a post, but will wait till Morm and Dunwen have finished their thing.

I think that it would work better, maybe, if Lommy's post came after Sam blew up at Kuric. She could maybe add near the beginning of her post that she(Leanora) was trying to change the subject back to the point. I just thought of this, so I'm not sure if it would work.

-Finduilas-
Old 08-23-2007, 01:51 PM   #134
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Dunwen, I don't think that your post in its present form really fits. Perhaps if you started it off with something like: "As the others moved on, Sam was still thinking about Kuric's harsh words about his friend, and finally he broke into the flow of conversation..." Rather than Kuric's quote.

The other way that I could see this working is that maybe Sam corners Kuric later on, after the meeting is over. Something like "I heard what you said earlier, even if no one else did..." Maybe he was standing next to Kuric? That would also satisfy Morm's intention that Kuric muttered it.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:35 PM   #135
mormegil
Maundering Mage

It could be vocal, I have no problem with anybody overhearing it. The one problem I have with the post as it stands is that Kuric wouldn't really allow for a pause and allow Sam to begin speaking to Leonora. I obviously could write something that would make it fit nice and neat, if needed but Kuric's natural instinct would be to explode without thinking.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:27 AM   #136
Dunwen
Wight

Firefoot & Mormegil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot View Post
Dunwen, I don't think that your post in its present form really fits. Perhaps if you started it off with something like: "As the others moved on, Sam was still thinking about Kuric's harsh words about his friend, and finally he broke into the flow of conversation..." Rather than Kuric's quote.

The other way that I could see this working is that maybe Sam corners Kuric later on, after the meeting is over. Something like "I heard what you said earlier, even if no one else did..." Maybe he was standing next to Kuric? That would also satisfy Morm's intention that Kuric muttered it.
Actually, I really like your second idea, Firefoot. If it's okay with Mormegil, I can set up a future conversation with Kuric by changing my post to have Sam standing next to Kuric and overhearing his mutter. In a later post Sam could then have a word with him when everyone else is leaving.

I will PM the edited post to both of you.

Thanks!

--Dunwen
Old 08-24-2007, 01:15 PM   #137
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Dunwen, I like your new post idea.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:01 PM   #138
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Should I let Dunwen post before me, since his post would be before mine, the way I am writing it? But my post wont be progressing me beyond others, just catching up in Ash's point of view.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:53 PM   #139
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

I say plow on ahead, Finduilas -- I think Dunwen has worked it out so that Sam and Kuric's interaction will come a little later, after the meeting is wrapped up in some way.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:44 PM   #140
Dunwen
Wight

I've posted a response to Lommy and set up a chance for a later conversation between Sam & Kuric, so I think Findulas can go ahead.

--Dunwen
( who is actually a she )
Old 08-25-2007, 12:46 PM   #141
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunwen View Post
I've posted a response to Lommy and set up a chance for a later conversation between Sam & Kuric, so I think Findulas can go ahead.
Rightio.

Quote:
--Dunwen
( who is actually a she )[/
So sorry. I had (amusingly) seen a picture of you on the picture thread earlier that day, but I guess I couldn't get it out of my head that you were a him.

--Finduilas
Old 08-25-2007, 01:20 PM   #142
Dunwen
Wight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finduilas View Post
Rightio.

So sorry. I had (amusingly) seen a picture of you on the picture thread earlier that day, but I guess I couldn't get it out of my head that you were a him.

--Finduilas
I'm on the picture thread????? I'll have to check that out, lol. Don't worry about any gender mix-up -- hopefully that means I'm writing 'neutral'. (But not 'neutered', ar-ar-ar.)

--Dunwen
Old 08-25-2007, 03:22 PM   #143
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Oh dear. I was wrong. It was Durelin... Sorry, yet again. Lol.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:38 AM   #144
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Just a little reminder

Everybody, my character's name is Leanora, not Leonora. It's not a big thing, but I thought I should mention it...
Old 08-27-2007, 01:56 AM   #145
Dunwen
Wight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Everybody, my character's name is Leanora, not Leonora. It's not a big thing, but I thought I should mention it...
Whoops, and normally I'm a decent speller! I think I've corrected LeAnora's name in all my posts. Thanks for the reminder.

--Dunwen
Old 08-27-2007, 11:32 AM   #146
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Don't worry Dunwen, no harm done.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:16 AM   #147
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hello? Is everyone... eaten by mysterious things that we defenders took too long to find?
Old 09-28-2007, 11:36 AM   #148
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Palantir-Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finduilas View Post
Hello? Is everyone... eaten by mysterious things that we defenders took too long to find?
I'm here, but I think someone else could have their turn in posting as I wrote something quite recently.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:11 PM   #149
Forest Elf
Haunting Spirit

Hi, sorry that I haven't been on much. I've just been really busy and lately things haven't been going so well around home... recently my dad told me that he wasn't my dad anymore except for biologically... so, things have just been totally crazy. I'll post when I can though.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:26 PM   #150
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
A heart-felt apology

Hello folks,
I believe I owe you all an apology, since I was part of this game and then I dissappeared suddenly. While I would not want to get into the details of what exactly happened to me, at least not in public like this, I hope you understand if I say that I found myself in a very unfortunate Real Life situation and I went through a difficult time, where posting on the 'downs was just not something I was thinking about. I should have let you know that I would no longer be participating, and for that I apologise, but I hope you understand that I was not quite thinking straight and a little gesture like that just didn't occurr to me.

I'll try to read up on the game to see how everyone has been doing =)

Farael.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:30 PM   #151
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Oh. Well I hope everything is better now.

Nice to see you back.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:58 AM   #152
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I'm sorry to hear that, Forest Elf, and glad to see that you, Farael, are back.

But where's everybody? Where are our game owners?
Old 10-15-2007, 09:23 AM   #153
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

An apology really doesn't cut it, but I give you one anyway: I am so very, very sorry.

I am alive. I could cite excuses for my disappearance, but why bother. There's really no excuse for not keeping up with this, a game of my own initiation.

I will get this moving again and will keep up with it. I am so very sorry to all of you. Thank you so much to everyone for hanging in there and especially to those of you who have tried so hard to keep it going.

I am so sorry to hear that, Forest Elf...I wish there was more I could say. My heart truly goes out to you. Please don't worry about anything here.

Welcome back, Farael - please, no worries. I am just sorry you had problems and I hope life is much better and will stay that way.

Again, I am so sorry, everyone, and I will post ASAP. I will also try and see if Firefoot is alright (she was keeping up with this much better than I was, so I hope everything's okay), and will carry along Toby for the time being if need be.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:21 PM   #154
Forest Elf
Haunting Spirit

Thanks everyone. I'll still try to post when I can.. but things have still been pretty hectic. I'm at study hall right now, so.. I'll try to get to it.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:10 AM   #155
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Please, don't worry about it at all, Forest Elf. This is just for fun, and not by any means a big obligation.

I have posted, and I hope within the next couple posts we can end the meeting and get headed to talk to...someone, in Bree.

Such as...

Quote:
Name: Edin Cengal

Appearance: A short, stocky man that is almsot bald except for a few wisps of white hair. He is rather pudgy which he attests to both age and his love of bacon.

Personality: Edin is all about being no nonsense and to the point. He is largely very blunt, but he is very kind-hearted and can be very sensitive to those in need. He is very impatient and likes very much to always be on time. Schedules are important to him.

History: Edin has lived in Bree all his life, and still works his family's small pig farm outside of Bree, which has been attacked twice by the unknown enemy plaguing the town and outlying farms. The second time he found not only one of his largest pigs gone except for a few ghastly remains, but also the body of his dog.
Is it alright to introduce this 'NPC/cameo' of sorts, Pio? Thanks!
Old 10-23-2007, 06:07 PM   #156
Forest Elf
Haunting Spirit

I know. It's nice to get away from reality every once in awhile though. It's good to escape from real life every now and then.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:14 PM   #157
mormegil
Maundering Mage

There, I posted. I think this gives a good chance to move things along a little bit. Sorry it took me so long.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:03 PM   #158
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Where's Firefoot? She hasn't been around for ages and if she had time, this would be an ideal place for Toby to comment - he's the bos after all.
Old 11-04-2007, 05:55 PM   #159
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

I'm really sorry for my lack of participation here. I don't really have an excuse, only to say that I'm at a point in my life where if I really wanted to, I could probably make some time, it's been the "wanting to" that's been lacking. I wrote up a quick post for Toby to try and get some things going again. Sorry for my absence, and I'll try to keep up better with this...
Old 11-04-2007, 08:17 PM   #160
mormegil
Maundering Mage

If nobody has any objection, I think now would be a good time for Kuric to jump in again. Of course, he will complain that we are not going out into the wild today as looking around town wasn't the sort of action he was looking for. I don't want Kuric to monopolize the time though so please let me know if somebody else wants to respond first.