The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-10-2005, 08:41 AM   #241
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
(I couldn't stop BDing so I'm still online, but not very much longer...)

Quote:
it will be our last and final lynching
How so? There's only one wolf and four innocent villagers. After lynching one innocent, there'd still be three innocent ones. And after the wolf killing one of them, there'd still be one wolf and two innocents. Can't they vote?
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 09:07 AM   #242
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien
How so? There's only one wolf and four innocent villagers. After lynching one innocent, there'd still be three innocent ones. And after the wolf killing one of them, there'd still be one wolf and two innocents. Can't they vote?
Quite simple,
There are six villagers now, if Eonwe is innocent then that means 2 dead so-
6 - 2 = 4 (3 villagers, 1 wolf)

Now if this lynching is wrong then, 1 innocent lynched and another killed by the wolf. So-
4 - 2 = 2 (1 villager, 1 wolf) [Wolf Win]

So if this lynching is wrong our next lynch will be our final one.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:54 AM   #243
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe Vote

Since I am out for the day-
++Eonwe
Old 10-10-2005, 12:27 PM   #244
Hiriel
Wight

Hiriel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Hiriel
Shield

Herm. Sorry I'm late, sorry I'm late.

Quote:
So if this lynching is wrong our next lynch will be our final one.
Eek. It's down to it now. I can only cite for my innocence that both Fea and TORE trusted me, that I've voted, either through luck or my own meager powers of intution, for only one innocent to get lynched throughout this whole game (Gurthang), and I voiced suspicion of Malk and Begil before we all decided to go for them. But I know that because Fea didn't turn out to be the Seer, and lied or just went along with TORE when he cleared me, makes me suspicious.

I'm out for the rest of the day, so, for reasons stated in previous posts, and just a little bit of self-preservation,

++Eonwe

EDIT: What a grim post to become a wright on.

4 8 15 16 23 42 ~Proud Lostaway
Hiriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 01:25 PM   #245
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eonwe has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Hiriel, i know TORE trusted me. i don't know about fea, but i never had to defend myself before her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Only Real Estel
Eonwe- Innocent, it comes back to her breaking the Bergil/SR tie
and for the record, berfore i voted, is was Bergil 4, Sleepy Ranger 4. I made it Bergil 5, Sleepy Ranger 4. it's quite clear, just read it. (and please don't even try to take it out of order! *ehersleepy ranger ehrerm*) whoever made that statement about me not voteing when it was important, that is the person you should be looking at next (it looks like im gone, cuz i have 3 of 6 votes.)

what more can i say. your reading too much into what i said is it not true that a wolf is trying to spread doubts about people? and that he does this by saying he suspects people? and a wolf's case will be by nature weaker than an innocents because the person he is accuseing (there is only one wolf left, so he can't be accusing a fellow wolf) is in fact innocent? that is the logic behind the whole "innocents will make stronger cases" deal. i don't think it is bogus, and i don't think i ever contradicted myself (hiriel). anyway, cheerio, don't make a mistake tommarrow, or you all die.

holy crap, looking back now, please lynch sr tomarrow. is it so holy crap obvious. he is playing you all for a fool.:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy Ranger
Edit- Eonwe did vote for Bergil during the time when him and I were neck to neck but bear in mind at the time I had 4 votes while Bergil had 3. This was indeed a clever move, voting for Bergil would make it 4-4 but I'd still get lynched because the vote for Bergil came in after mine. And as it was said in Eonwe's post, only 15 minutes to go and she proably assumed that nobody else would vote. Jack's post was completely unexpected and I guess I got lucky because it was a cross-post and Eonwe won the race. Had Jack managed to get his post in before Eonwe I daresay I wouldn't be here right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TORE++ Bergil (at 8:22)

The vote count now stands at:
Bergil- 2
Sleepy Ranger- 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkatoj (at 829)
++Sleepy Ranger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune (8:37)
++Bergil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergil (8:46)
++Sleepy Ranger
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurthang (8:59)
++Sleepy Ranger
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurthang (9:03)
Vote Count
Bergil - 3(Sleepy Ranger, TORE, Rune)
Sleepy Ranger - 4(Feanor, malkatoj, Bergil, Gurthang)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiriel (9:14)
++Bergil
this makes it Bergil:4 Sleepy Ranger:4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ME (10:14)
++bergil
please don't say again that i didn't kill Bergil because i obviously did. just COUNT the posts. can you make a "mistake" that invoves counting votes, especially when gurthang had it all counted up. it was just hiriel's vote and then mine! you just can't accidentally screw that up!

++Sleepy Ranger

edit: (ps., bold, more stuff and spelling)

ps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eonwe
that would be a he. it'll be nice to have this all worked out ahead of time!

Last edited by Eonwe; 10-10-2005 at 01:36 PM.
Eonwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 06:22 PM   #246
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
I am not voting today, since it dos not matter, I was waiting to se what Jack had to say but he has not showed. I will leave now.

(it was either sleepy or Eonwe witch would have gotten my vote)

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 07:52 PM   #247
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
*Jack sits down, puts his head on one hand, and just weeps.*

I don’t know, folks. I really don’t know. Eonwe did break the tie betwixt Bergil and Sleepy Ranger. It was a life and death matter for me not two days ago...I went back to make sure. Her voting record does not speak against her.

However, I’m even less inclined to suspect SR.

I think...I’m beginning to wonder if the wolf is Thin. She’s stayed very undercover this game...very much. I know it’s hard to even suspect. She’s so gentle, quiet, and not likely, but...you know, sometimes the least suspect able are the guilty.

Let’s not jump to conclusions. Tomorrow, I have excellent computer access. I am going to spend my morning (a horrible waste of time, I hope it turns out for the good) reading the entire game...taking notes - on everybody, mind you. This is, of course, if Eonwe isn’t the last wolf we seek.

Wish me luck and discerning.

--Jack
Old 10-10-2005, 08:25 PM   #248
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Times up. Expect Eonwe death shortly.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:47 PM   #249
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

The village of Fwedawick gathered once more in the square, hopefully for the last time to do the dasterdly deed. They were talking all that day about who was the final Wolf and they were sure that it was Eonwe. But why would they want to get rid of the person who helped get rid of Bergil, the first Wolf? Just out of spite perhaps?

The villagers looked all over town, trying to find Eonwe, but they couldn't find him. He was probably off with the Dwarves, but the villagers never found out. They gathered once more in the square, awaiting Eonwe's return and that's when the mist came in. The villagers became very frightened and then they heard it. A look of triumph crossed their faces. They knew they found the final Wolf.

Then, a dark figure, tall and hairy, advanced through the gathering mist. "You might have gotten Bergil and malkatoj, but you won't get me!!!" snarled Eonwe and he lunged at the four remaining villagers, but then something unexpected happened. Hiriel rushed forwards, with a sword drawn. Hiriel was the Hunter!!! With a thrust of his sword, he stabbed at Eonwe. But Eonwe jumped aside. Again and again, Hiriel stabbed at the Wolf, but he kept jumping out of the way. On his last jump, he rushed at Hiriel and grabbed him. "Now that I've got your final protector, there's nothing you can do to stop me!!!" Eonwe snarled once more and as he went to bite Hiriel, he howled, but not in happiness. Jack had just rushed up and stabbed the wolf in the leg with a dagger. Eonwe dropped Hiriel to the ground and Hiriel was in a stated of shock. He recovered quickly and swung his blade. He had taken Eonwe's head right off.

"Glad that's over!!" yelled Hiriel as Thinlomien rushed in to heal his wounds as Sleepy Ranger and Rune Son of Bjarne took Eonwe's body away. "Let's bury the dead who were innocent and bur the Wolves body," suggested Jack. "After, even though they were evil, they deserve a proper goodbye." and nothing was said in the town of Fwedawick afterwards. The remaining villagers left the town and went back to Gondor to live out the rest of their lives and they never spoke of the evil that befell the town again. And that's the end to our little tale, a tale about 14villagers in a town called Fwedawick, where an evil fate befell three of them and where six befell an untimely death. But in the end

THE VILLAGERS WON

Let me be the first to congratualte the Villagers on a job well done in finding those Wolves. A congrats goes out to the Wolves who played rather well for their first time. A congrats to Hiriel for lasting as long as he did. A congrats to TORE and Fea for their little ruse which could have been pulled off, but didn't. And a final congrats to the Cobbler. Even though you didn't last that long, I'm sure you would have played a good Cobbler. Hope everyone enjoyed the game. I know I enjoyed modding. It was an awsome experience and I'd love to do it again. Congrats once more to the Villagers.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:57 PM   #250
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

The Perky Ent has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Perky Ent
White Tree

Crud, you're back! ...I mean, Huray! You're back!

Congrats to the villagers and wolves guys! Both played very well. I deleted them, but if Glirdan still has who did what on which nights we can post those for y'all to see! I had a great job sub-modding (granted that last death was pure feces)! Hiriel was an interesting in this game. Her ability to survive that long while in people's suspicions was well played. TORE and Fea did a spectatuar job with their little masquarade. I'm suprised there was no coordination. This thread is really for y'all, but I just wanna say grats to villagers and wolves! I'll be looking in on you for WWJ II (assuming there is one)

~*~ The Perky Ent ~*~
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
The Perky Ent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 09:03 PM   #251
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Why thank you for backing me up my friend. I don't have it saved. You'd have to get that from the role players themselves. My memory is somewhat gone right now. Loved modding guys. It was fun!!!!
Old 10-10-2005, 09:23 PM   #252
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
You guys... that was... fun! Absolutely absurd. It sucked in a friend of mine. She was as interested as I was.

You'll never believe any of it. It's hilarious though, I swear.

I was so sure that Jack was the Seer... you should have heard me swear when I saw it was TORE! It was hilarious. But his last comment about "what if I'm not the Ranger" convinced me he was a wolf, so I didn't protect him like I'd planned to.

The best part of the game, I must say, was realizing that I'd just tried to convince some wolves that they'd just tried to kill me, when we knew perfectly well that they'd been after Folwren.

That was absolutely fantastic. Great game, guys. TORE, you amaze me. If we can unwittingly pull off a complete role-switching ruse with no communication save what was in front of the world, just think of what we could do as lycans.

Hiriel, I'm assuming that your use of shield icons was intentional? What about your edit in post 115? I assure you, your answer interests me greatly. You'll understand why later.

Fantastic modding, Perks and Glirdy.

Great jobs, wolves. Sleepy, sorry I wanted you dead so often.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:45 PM   #253
malkatoj
Wight

malkatoj has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to malkatoj
1420! good show!

So...I can post again?

That was fun, and I enjoyed my life as a wolf while it lasted. Apologies to Bergil, your plan may have worked had we not had such astute villagers. To the others, I hope you now understand why I called him an 'idiot'--slightly annoyed at his giving away my role.

Aside from that, I would post what we did each NIGHT but you all found out anyway. I wish I could have defended myself during my interview, but there was no hope in the first place.

As bad as it is for my grades, I can't wait until the next game starts up. I reckon I'll play in the Junior ones (unless they stop existing) until one of the Big Guys thinks I'm ready for the 'Real Thing'.

Thanks for the game, everyone! And Perky, thanks for the SWEET death!
Old 10-10-2005, 10:50 PM   #254
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Gurthang has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurthang
I expect an apology later, since you ARE wrong.
*A-hem* Fea...
Old 10-11-2005, 12:43 AM   #255
Hiriel
Wight

Hiriel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Hiriel
Shield

Great game all! I can't even begin to express how much fun I had on this, and with such an intellegent bunch, too.

To the wolves, hats off to you, my lupine friends. I lost a lot of sleep and quiz grades over ya'll.

TORE and Fea: Absolutely brilliant, both of you. Gifted. We'd of been lost elsewise. Oh, and Fea, I use the shield in all my posts, because I happen to like the Battle of Pellenor Fields a lot. But I thought about leaving it off for this thread, then realized it might be a cool hint to drop, if someone read into that sort of thing. So it was kinda unintentional. But the edit...well, I'm glad someone caught onto that.

Sleepy, Folwren, Rune, Gurthang, and Thinlomien: Ya'll were excellent and it was wonderful to play and deeply suspect you all.

Kitana and Wayne: Cut down before your time. Hope to play with ya'll again, and for longer.

Glirdan and Perks: Great modding. That's about all I can say. Thanks for letting me behead something, too.

4 8 15 16 23 42 ~Proud Lostaway
Hiriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 05:32 AM   #256
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe Yay! Fun!

This was a fun game and what do you know, we won!
Hey no worries Fea, I know I was behaving erratic but it was all part of some silly plan that didn't work and in the end it made me read the whole thing again and pick up those random bits about Eonwe. Anyway heres something for TORE, was my theory of me being the third dream correct?
Old 10-11-2005, 05:32 AM   #257
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Thumbs up Fun game !

I am glad that it was Eonwe, I don't think I could have born to make a desision amongst the remaining viligers.

I am glad that Hiriel was infact the hunter.(I was not sure)

Eonwe
, you played a great wolf. Not drawing to much atention to your self.

Thinlomien I am sorry that i repidetly suspectet you. (I am a bit sad I was not a wolf, so I could have been a "damn good player")

Fea, I love youre stile of play. Brilliant game just brilliant.

THORE, i can only hope i will one day get the skills you have in reading the game.

Gurthang I appologies for letting my self getting talket in to killing you.

Jack, Wayne, Kitana, Sleepy and the wolves; good job.

Great moderating Glirdan(Perky)

I my self need more practise in the Junior games, before i will try my luck in amongst the more skilled.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 05:40 AM   #258
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurthang
*A-hem* Fea...
Okay, okay. I'm sorry I helped kill you, Gurthang. If it helps, your death was part of what convinced me TORE was a very clever wolf.

And guys, I'm flattered y'all think I'm so good at this, but do you remember that my whole ruse, which did not actually work, was based on a completely wrong assumption?

And Hiriel... I'm excited about that edit because that's what convinced me you were the Hunter. Go Fea's logic! Why else, of course, would anybody else edit a post solely to include an icon that directly relates to one of the role? That post was why I had few qualms about calling you my last innocent. I was pretty darned sure you were.

Now this is entirely out of curiosity... how many people were actually convinced by my lies?
Old 10-11-2005, 05:45 AM   #259
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Quote:
Go Fea's logic!
But you thought me and Gurthang were evil wolvsies!

Quote:
Now this is entirely out of curiosity... how many people were actually convinced by my lies?
The Seer thing? I was until I went back and read all the posts again, then it was obvious you lied but that made me think you and TORE were wolves and I had such a pretty theory worked out but then TORE went ahead and got killed which destroyed it into itty-bitty pieces.

But hey, WE WON!!!! Good game peeps, hope to get stuck with all of you again soon.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:47 AM   #260
WaynetheGoblin
Shade of Carn Dûm

WaynetheGoblin has just left Hobbiton.
Thats the third time in a row I have lost . When will I win.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:55 AM   #261
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Thumbs up

This was just great! I must admit that I visited Downs more than usually - and that's a good thing. (I don't really know, how could I have managed in a special role, that needs posting every day.)

You all did so well! Glirdy and Perky were exellent mods with good sense of humour and good writing skills. I want also to thank all the players; it was great to play with you. Sleepy was very convincing and charismatic, Rune was suspecting all and that plus his forwardness made me smile more than a few times, Hiriel was clearly a gifted player and Eonwe was a very good wolf until cornered. Gurth was our official martyr. Malkatoj, Wayne, Kitanna and Bergil didn't get to play various situations at all and I wish them better luck next time. But most of all, I bow low before Fea and TORE. They made me really confused and the had great tactics. At one point, I even suspected them to be wolves.

I'll probably also continue in WW Junior games before I get a bit more experienced...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 05:59 AM   #262
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

I'll be hanging around in WWJ until after my exams then I may try the big league. But thats just a maybe so don't get your hopes up
Old 10-11-2005, 06:08 AM   #263
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I really enjoyed following this game when I could. But as I wasn't actually playing, *please*, can either Feanor or TORE explain to me what on earth was going on with that Seer/Ranger thing?
Old 10-11-2005, 06:15 AM   #264
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith
I really enjoyed following this game when I could. But as I wasn't actually playing, *please*, can either Feanor or TORE explain to me what on earth was going on with that Seer/Ranger thing?
Uh... I know you asked for Fea or TORE but heres what I make of it-

Fea first thought that Folwren was the seer so to buy the 'Seer' some time she said that she was the seer and that TORE was the ranger. At first this plan looked like it would suceed (I daresay all of us were fooled) but then a few comments gave away that it was TORE who was actually the seer and Fea then said that she was the Ranger.

So in the end-

Seer - TORE
Ranger - Fea

Hope that helps ^_^
Old 10-11-2005, 06:20 AM   #265
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

ill second that! at least i managed to say at least ten steps behind fea and tore the entire game.

taht was great everyone! we should do it again. Yeah, last Night i was debateing between Hiriel and Fea. I supposed hiriel was teh hunter, but (im ashamed to say) not because of some obvious shield hinting. i just thought he might be. i decided i'd best kill fea though, because not only was she a konwn innocent, but she might protect hiriel and after she was dead i could kill at will. by the way, who did you have targeted hiriel. that was another thing, didn't want you to kill me! and who were you protecting, Fea?

wow, next time a play, fea dies night 1, tore dies night 2!

Glirdan, great mod job. and perky, thanks for the great malkatoj death, and the awesome fea death. revenge indeed! though it didn't do me much good...

edit. cross posted with sleepy ranger.

yeah, i was very much taken in until i realized that TORE must know that jack was innocent if he was the ranger, but he started asking Fea if she had dreamt of him. at this point i got a bit sceptical, but never really figured anything out...i actually killed tore thinking id best get the ranger out of teh way so i had a clear shot at fea the next night. it was funny, i made up a list of waht they both should have konwn, but it never added up.

Last edited by Eonwe; 10-11-2005 at 06:26 AM.
Old 10-11-2005, 07:25 AM   #266
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Great game everyone!

Eonwe: Great strategy on lynching Begil, that put you off my suspicious list for awhile.

Quote:
If we can unwittingly pull off a complete role-switching ruse with no communication save what was in front of the world, just think of what we could do as lycans.
I have to admit, Fea, that I was secretly hoping that we could be wolves together just because it would've been so much fun, but it was fun anyway.

Running short on time, I will return to post more stuff on the game a bit later today.
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 07:43 AM   #267
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy Ranger
But you thought me and Gurthang were evil wolvsies!
I was never certain on Gurthang, but I trusted in TORE's logic. Also, I had to keep up my charade. With you, Sleepy... pretty much, I just wanted to lynch you to be sure. I was never certain, as I was with Hiriel and Folwren, of your innocence. The closest I had was "Well, TORE did say he didn't find him too suspicious." Even the best non-logic occasionally fails. That's why I have to pick and choose which random schemes I should be following.

Quote:
The Seer thing? I was until I went back and read all the posts again, then it was obvious you lied but that made me think you and TORE were wolves and I had such a pretty theory worked out but then TORE went ahead and got killed which destroyed it into itty-bitty pieces.
We had such fantastic plot holes... I'm going to remember this for quite some time... "did you dream of me?" "no, I already said I dreamt of ____". "the wolves tried to kill me." edit: "oops, maybe they didn't." We had several large gaping fissures in that story... but what can you expect, when we were trying to fool the world with minimal idea of what we were doing, whilst trying to do it subtly in front of everyone without them catching on.

To be honest, I was surprised nobody latched on to my "TORE, shut up!". I was about to reveal the biggest lie in WW history and if he kept talking, he was going to shoot really big holes in my story. I laughed delightedly when he said he was all ears, and even moreso when nobody actually countered me.
Old 10-11-2005, 07:44 AM   #268
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Wow! That is awesome! I was totally unsure if Eonwe was our last wolf. It was a shaky argument.

That was excellently played. TORE and Fea, I have to congratulate you for some awesome playing that day before TORE was killed. It's a pity TORE was wrong about Gurthang.

And, Fea...why on earth did you think I was the seer? I was completely shocked (just about fell over backwards) when I read that you'd protected me that night. It was really, really devistating when we woke to see TORE gone, and he the seer. You all had me fooled with your Ranger/Seer thing.

Everyone else, great playing. Hiriel, excellent work as Hunter. I actually guessed, towards the end, that you were the Hunter.

It was nice not being suspected the last few days. I didn't have to vote.

-- Jack
Old 10-11-2005, 07:47 AM   #269
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally posted by Fea:
To be honest, I was surprised nobody latched on to my "TORE, shut up!". I was about to reveal the biggest lie in WW history and if he kept talking, he was going to shoot really big holes in my story. I laughed delightedly when he said he was all ears, and even moreso when nobody actually countered me.
Actually, your "TORE, shut up!" thing was kinda cute. "I'm telling!" *chuckles*

-- Jack
Old 10-11-2005, 07:52 AM   #270
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren
Actually, your "TORE, shut up!" thing was kinda cute. "I'm telling!" *chuckles*
I was aiming for the appearance of the situation where you decide to stop lying to your parents and just go with the truth... you know... don't sink yourself any farther.

"I give up TORE... let's just come clean".

Oh, and just for common knowledge... all those times I said "must run, I'm late"... I wasn't lying.

Oops, must run... I've got 2 minutes to get to dance!
Old 10-11-2005, 07:59 AM   #271
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
Oops, must run... I've got 2 minutes to get to dance!
(Liar.)(You're still appearing on line.)

-- Jack
Old 10-11-2005, 08:11 AM   #272
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Gurthang has just left Hobbiton.
++Gurthang

I've always wanted to do that!

And I didn't even get to! I came back that day about a minute after Glirdan said time. I was kinda bummed. I had wanted to make it a unanimous vote for me! But on a serious note, I don't really blame any of you for lynching me. Like I said, from the evidence, I was a wolf. And man was that a lot of evidence.

Feanor, I'll admit it: I was completely sold on your ruse. I thought you were either the Seer or a wolf. When Estel died and was the Seer, I had to pick my jaw up off the floor.

You would never believe how completely wrong I was about everything. First, I thought Sleepy was the wolf. Then Folwren. After I died, I was convinced that Hiriel was the last lupine and then I was starting to wonder about Sleepy again. I don't think I ever thought of Eonwe. Good thing I wasn't alive to try to save her.

That really was a great game. I think it's rather ironic that I lasted longer in the 'real' version than I did in the 'junior' one. But I can't wait for the next game.
Old 10-11-2005, 08:16 AM   #273
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Come to think of it, its a good thing we lynched Gurthang. He would have just complicated things and somehow put forth wolves as innocent leading to a wolf win... Yes, it was in fact the perfect decision to kill him. He did indeed take one for the team. ! Good job Gurthy
Old 10-11-2005, 08:50 AM   #274
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by enowe
ps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eonwe
that would be a he. it'll be nice to have this all worked out ahead of time!
Old 10-11-2005, 09:21 AM   #275
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Well done, well done indeed.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:26 AM   #276
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren
(Liar.)(You're still appearing on line.)
I'm on a network, which means that my computer is always online. Since I didn't bother logging off or closing the window when I ran off to class, it still showed me. I'll betcha I was doing the same thing for an hour and a half. Probably viewing WWJ.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:47 PM   #277
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Wow!!! Look at all those comments!! Your all making me blush!!! Stop it I say!! Ahhh who am I kidding?? Keep going with them!!!

I had so much fun and laughter modding this game as I'm sure Perky did as well. It was fun watching all you villagers squirm!! I'm kidding!! But it was good for some laughs!!

Now tell me, who did NOT like TORE'S death? I think that's probably the best one I did, after mine of course!! And a close runner up to that one would probably be Gurthang's!!! I had so much fun writing those that I can't wait to mod again.

Now on a sadder note, ( ) I'm going to be going back to my home amongst the "Big Guys". But don't worry, you'll probably see me in here again, either modding or playing because both are awsome. Hope you guys have fun and expect to see me if I can't get into the phantom's WW game!!!
Old 10-11-2005, 02:14 PM   #278
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

A few words:

Dreams
NIGHT one: Fea (Ranger)
NIGHT two: Rune (Innocent Ord)
NIGHT three: Malkatoj (wolf)
NIGHT four: Hiriel (Hunter)

Of course I was gone before I could even hint at my fourth dream...sorry Sleepy Ranger, no dream of you.

Bergil – Nice game, I really wasn’t sure whether you or Sleepy was the wolf as the voting ended but you turned out the one. Short game, but pretty well played – for the longest time I was convinced that along with malkatoj someone who didn’t vote must be a wolf from what you said DAY two. It wasn’t until I was about to be killed that I began to suspect you might have been bluffing...

Eonwe - Fantastic game. I proclaimed you innocent based on your vote for Bergil, very good strategy. When we had Bergil and I had dreamed of malk I thought if I could narrow down the suspects enough on the evidence we had I could end the game, so I crossed you off my suspect list & didn’t really remember you until my last comment the Night before I was killed. Really the main thing was it seemed like you were posting the way I always post when I don’t want someone catching onto something. I can see why you guys killed me...I got lucky in picking up SR’s lynching campaign of Bergil, I dreamed of malkatoj and so incriminated her, & then my last words were words of suspicion towards you. I guess I got lucky/unlucky there.

Feanor of the Peredhil – Really fun running that bluff with you. It probably would’ve worked for a day longer at least also, if I hadn’t dropped that line about “what if I’m not the Ranger”? I had forgotten that she had “dreamed of me Night one,” or else I never would’ve said that of course. (Later I'll post a little more about that ill-fated bluff, although Fea's already seen/heard it)

Folwren – Good game. I was suspicious of you on several different occasions but in the end decided Eonwe was more suspicious than you (as I said in one of my last comments).

Gurthang – Sorry about that chap. No, I’m not going to apologize to everyone I’ve wrongfully lynched, but I suppose you deserve it. I was rather sure of myself at that point (if I just would’ve dreamed of you NIGHT two like I was planning we could’ve averted that whole disaster) & had an idea in my head that I didn’t question enough.

Hiriel – Well played, I never really suspected you as anything other than a helpful non-gifted villager until I dreamed of you the Night I was killed. Good game.

Kitanna – Pity you had to go so early, I wonder if any of the wolves saved their PMs for the game or could at least talk about their reasons/thought process behind their moves (their killing of you included).

Malkatoj – I really wasn’t that suspicious of you until Bergil was lynched & even then I thought it could be either you or Hiriel. I used my dream on you because Fea thought you were fishy at the least & I turned out right. Good game though, especially your strategy in pressing people for reasons instead of just accusations – very innocent sounding.

Rune Son of Bjarne – Well played, sir. I used my dream on you Night two because something about your posts just made me uneasy, though I couldn’t place it. Turns out you were innocent so I layed off of you (though I never wanted to seem to sure of anyone’s innocence expect Fea’s).

Sleepy Ranger – Was suspicious of you there for awhile, until Bergil proved wolfy. Still, I began to grow uneasy again after I was killed – Fea can attest that I thought the wolf was either Eonwe or you. Didn’t dream of you, I ‘asked the Seer’ to dream of you during one day but than Bergil was found out & I thought malk warranted a dream more than you.

Thinlómien – The no-votes were a little suspicious to me at first, but I decided early on you were telling the truth about your troubles & were trying your best. Good game – thanks for being the first to take up my logic & vote for Gurthang, even though it was entirely misguided.

WaynetheGoblin - What can I say? Welcome to the Cobbler Guild, seeing you voted for Gurthang only brings home one great truth in life: Cobblers, past & present, think alike. Bad luck with being lynch so early but of course I can’t say I’m sorry you didn’t win.

Last edited by The Only Real Estel; 10-11-2005 at 02:22 PM.
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 02:28 PM   #279
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Disclaimer

Just to make sure everyone knows that no rules were broken, I only PMed TORE game-relatedly after I died. It went something like this.

"Okay, so I'm officially dead now. Can you PLEASE explain what in the world the reason for that line about "what if I'm not the Ranger" was?"

I'm not the most patient of people, and since we were both dead, our comparing notes had no effect over the game.

End of disclaimer.
Old 10-11-2005, 03:18 PM   #280
malkatoj
Wight

malkatoj has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to malkatoj
Wolfish Reasoning:

NIGHT one:
Glirdan, duh.

NIGHT two:
We killed Kitanna, obviously. The reasons for this were exactly as you picked up on that DAY--she didn't accuse any of us, none of us really mentioned her, it would leave no trail. It put you back at DAY one, with no idea what to do. We were tempted to kill either Fea or TORE, but we figured they would both work to our advantage, if thought innocent. Also, we "knew" Fea would be protected...wrong there. Our reasoning basically worked--none of you seemed to *really* suspect that Bergil was a wolf until he died.

NIGHT three:
We tried to kill Jack. We made the same mistake as Fea, clearly, in thinking that he was the Seer. When he was protected, we were almost sure we were right. That night we also considered killing TORE, but opted for Jack instead.

NIGHT four:
Killed TORE. (Hey, that rhymes!) I don't think any more reasoning is necessary than Fea's posts. We still, at this point, thought Fea had been protected on night 1 and was therefore could have been protected tonight. We also believed Fea a bit too much, though I was pretty suspicious about her confession. It seemed too risky even for her. We were luckier in killing him than we expected.

NIGHT five:
Well, I was dead at this point, but Eonwe killed Fea. Again, this one's pretty obvious. After that bluff, it was clear she was something important...correct me if I'm wrong.

Hopes this helps you understand our brains...though if it makes any sense, I'll be very surprised, considering I haven't slept for over 30 hours.

~Malkatoj