The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-15-2006, 02:28 AM   #201
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
since now I don't have to do the borolysis in order to be more sure of his guilt (or clear my suspicions of him)...
Don't fret...I get that a lot. It seems like no matter where I'm at or what I do now-adays I'm always a wolf. I mean I can lynch two wolves and say I'm the seer, and people will obviously think I'm a wolf. (Do you think the avatar does it? Because I mean I can get rid of Mr. Coyote)

That's for sure, if it wasn't for Durelin...I wonder how long we could have kept this village running in circles. Even with the regrettable loss and illness of Naria we were feeling pretty good.

As Lommy correctly points out the unknowns and possible wolf partners:
Quote:
Farael
Valier
CoD
Volo
Lommy
Which one of these is the lucky one?

Are double lynchings allowed? We can get this thing over today if you just want to lynch me and Valier...oops I mean Volo.

You can toss CoD out of that list...I can tell you with definite certainty it's not him.

Last edited by Boromir88; 11-15-2006 at 02:33 AM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 02:58 AM   #202
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Good spotting Durelin and very reasonable timing! *aplodes*

And so sorry Boromir, you seem to be on the lynch-line nowadays...
(but you have been able to enjoy "villainship" too...)

So toDay we lynch Boromir... like this:

++ Boromir

During the Night Durelin will die and we have 5 innocents (of whom one is known) against one wolf toMorrow. So everyone will then know oneself and me. That leaves a choice of 1 from 4 to everyone. And only one will be knowingly distracting us.

We have chances, yes, but only two of them. If we get it wrong toMorrow we are reduced by two of which the other one is me.

So then the last Day would be 3 against 1. They will have to make it. Otherwise the lonely wolf champions.

~~~~~

I'm having a frenzied day (RL) today and will not be able to post much, but happily toDay is kind of a pause-day anyhow as we know now what to do. I'll promise to go through Boro's interactions toMorrow (it's a piece of work and I wouldn't like to do it hastily).

But still I think that we all could use this Day according to our resources, getting ready to face toMorrow. It would be especially nice if Durelin could leave her last marks to this village as sadly she will not be here toMorrow anymore.

PS. Farael is right in one thing. We might do well not taking to account what Boro says toDay.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 03:26 AM   #203
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
++Boromir

If he gets majority votes before the deadline, can he be removed immediately and banned from posting in this thread?

(I'm getting the feeling he actually enjoys posting toDay enormously since he can banter and speak silly things as much as he wishes since his fate is sealed and he seems to love trying to confuse everyone too...)
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 04:00 AM   #204
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien
(I'm getting the feeling he actually enjoys posting toDay enormously since he can banter and speak silly things as much as he wishes since his fate is sealed and he seems to love trying to confuse everyone too...)
Actually I quite enjoy reading Boro's posting toDay!

We just should ignore them when we try to find out who's the last wolf...
Old 11-15-2006, 04:34 AM   #205
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Actually I quite enjoy reading Boro's posting toDay!
We just should ignore them when we try to find out who's the last wolf...
I confess being amused too, but I think they will nevertheless (at least subconsciously) affect my opinions, which shouldn't happen.

After a quick reread, my commentary about the unknowns
Valier - seems really sincere and innocent-valierish, but she has fooled me before, so I won't say anything about her
Farael - could be the last wolf. Sometimes sounds very sincere, sometimes not.
Volo - is a tough one to read. Honestly, what can you make of such a mess of unorganised thoughts that often contradict with each other? (no offense ) He accuses on quite flimsy grounds, but that does not necessarily point to wolvishness. (In his case, at least. ) His declaration of his innocence sounds quite sincere though.
CoD - really, if you reread it, his behaviour screams "wolf". Especially post 158 is extremely wolfy. Boro's behaviour towards him speaks for his wolvishness too; he seems to be "shielding" him all the time. boro knows he is a generally trusted and a reasonable-held ww-player, so he constantly tries to get the attention off CoD, but not too straightly. Read through his posts, it really shows very clearly. The only reason I'm not willing to stamp the wolf label on coD just yet is Naria's behaviour towrds him. First, she accuses him of cobbelrism (the first thin that comes to your mind that you would say of your fellow wolf?). Then, having not read a single post on the thread (or that's the impression I got) she pops in and votes CoD. Why, if he was her fellow wolf? What kind of wolf would vote her pal who had almost gotten lynched the day before without first checking the situation? Answer: a very bold and rare wolf...

So, "order of wolvishness" in my opinion
1. CoD
2. Farael and Volo (divided)
4. Valier
Old 11-15-2006, 05:35 AM   #206
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Aw, Boro's being such a good sport!

Perhaps I should have dreamt of CoD instead of Rikae, but I was fairly certain he wasn't a wolf...and still am. I am a little familiar with CoD's tactics, and his ancestor played in, as far as I can tell, the same (in my opinion very careless) way when he was the Ranger. Not that that necessarily means anything. I also know CoD can be a good liar.

Personally, I'm thinking Boro's going with reverse psychology: by blatantly saying "CoD is innocent," he's more than placing it in our heads "lynch CoD." He hasn't mentioned Farael yet, but I suppose trying to get anything from his behavior will be impossible.

For me, Valier and Farael come out on top. It's just not fair! I feel like there is so little to go on with the people remaining I believe to be wolves. So far this game, my gut feelings have been right (though my voting record certainly doesn't show it), so I'm tempted to rant about Valier and forget about the others. But I really don't know. I wish I had more time to go over the thread right now...I will have to later, though. I am unfortunately going to be gone until an hour, maybe two before the deadline! So I will try my best to leave with something intelligent...though I don't guaruntee anything. I will go through the thread from top to bottom.

Hopefully we'll actually hear from everyone today.

(And I hope I get to dream before I am killed, just so I can know whether or not we are doomed ahead of time...then I will have more time to get settled and "rest in peace." )
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 07:23 AM   #207
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
Personally, I'm thinking Boro's going with reverse psychology: by blatantly saying "CoD is innocent," he's more than placing it in our heads "lynch CoD." He hasn't mentioned Farael yet, but I suppose trying to get anything from his behavior will be impossible.
Durelin you are playing with fire right now... if there's any time Boromir may attempt a multiple bluff it is right now. He knows that in spite of ourselves, at least some of us will over-analyze his words... and it's just as likely that he'll try to make his partner look innocent (after all, he wouldn't be THAT obvious, right?) as it is that he'll make him or her look wolfish (after all, we wouldn't believe him, would we?) as it is that he'll just avoid to mention his or her name and have us running in circles.

For all I care right now, Boromir is a source of amusement, not of information. I strongly suggest that you ignore him as well.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:14 AM   #208
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael
For all I care right now, Boromir is a source of amusement, not of information. I strongly suggest that you ignore him as well.
I fully agree!
Old 11-15-2006, 08:57 AM   #209
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
If he gets majority votes before the deadline, can he be removed immediately and banned from posting in this thread?
You admit to being amused...so why would you want that? Plus I'm giving out such a great amount of information.

Quote:
Quite true.

Though, this may be one of my last posts today...it shall surely be one you are going to want to look into.

Don't listen to Farael I mean after all I am now proven innocent (from my perspective)...you all know my identity...but you don't know Farael's. So, would this not make me more trusting?

If I was an innocent I would really be concerned about Farael and Lommy over there...Aye the one's that are acting all good and just in getting rid of me, they're the one's to look at.

Valier would scare me even more...she's Miss silent assassin wolf over there.

When Volo appears he'll likely come on here, denounce my name and vote for me...mildly supsicious wolf behaviour.

I've already talked about CoD

Quote:
Personally, I'm thinking Boro's going with reverse psychology: by blatantly saying "CoD is innocent," he's more than placing it in our heads "lynch CoD." He hasn't mentioned Farael yet, but I suppose trying to get anything from his behavior will be impossible.~Durelin
When do I ever play mind games Durelin? Or at least not intentionally. It's your job to figure out who it is, but I can't be leaving any more possible clues. I mean I can't just tell you it's Volierommy....oops. I bet your my partner right now is just thinking 'I wish he'd just shut up' because I can't be giving any more clues than I am now.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:00 AM   #210
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
I'll just jump over the stuff that has been said about me, because I'd just make things even more confusing. But why am I not suspicous enough? I didn't say a single thing about Naria during the whole game...

But back to trying talking sense. Farael seems really wolf, now that Naria is proven evil. Or then the wolves are really lucky. Farael was so much against CoD that I at least felt that CoD would be lynched, he then wasn't and now I can't call him wolf, it was either him or Naria.

Have to run away... ->

EDIT: xd with Boro... :/

Last edited by Volo; 11-15-2006 at 12:55 PM.
Volo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 09:16 AM   #211
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Jenny when you write up today's narration, could you please have me stick an apple on Boromir's mouth to make him silent already?

How does being proven a wolf make you more reliable than an unknown? I should stop interacting with you or else I'll get my butt lynched, but you are just too amusing.

Can anyone explain Volo's last post? S/he (is Volo a he or a she?) seems to be in a hurry, but I just can't make sense of what s/he just said.

In spite of my (ongoing) suspicions for CoD I have to admit he is an unlikely wolf... furthermore, Loomy seems innocent, even if a little all over the place. I know that I'm an ordo but you don't, yet for me this means that the options for the remaining wolf are Valier and Volo. I don't quite see what so many people find suspicious about Valier if anything I have nothing to go on in favour of or against her. That on itself is "something" but I find Volo much more disturbing. The few posts s/he has made are highly confusing, which could be because of his/her busy RL, or be a wolfish tactic.

I think we should start analyzing Tomorrow. Boromir is as good as dead, and sadly so is our Seer Durelin. If Boromir does not get all votes today I'll be surprised, and if Durelin survives the night... well, I'll be mightly pleased.

Which reminds me
++Boromir

Look mommy... I managed to get a vote in before the deadline!

What shall we do tomorrow? the village is going to look like this:
Known Ordo
Nogrod
Unknowns
Valier
Volo
CoD
Loomy
Myself

The day after, odds are the village will be
Unknowns-1
3 ordos, 1 wolf
Unless we lynch the wolf tomorrow.

That means that the day after will be the last day (one lynch, one kill at night and we get 1 wolf and 1 villager, wolf wins).

I don't know what the main suspects for Tomorrow's lynching should be, but if anyone (Nogrod/Durelin if possible, as I said before) has the time to go through Boromir's posts, we might be able to find something out. Thanks to Durelin odds are in our favour... specially with regards to Boromir who, in spite of my best efforts, would have never been lynched.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:41 AM   #212
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
I've already decided how Boro dies, so all suggestions and requests shall be ignored. Besides, I don't want him to shut up unless he wishes. This is deliciously entertaining.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:59 AM   #213
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyHallu
I've already decided how Boro dies, so all suggestions and requests shall be ignored. Besides, I don't want him to shut up unless he wishes. This is deliciously entertaining.
I was just joking around m'lady... I would dare not tell you what to do in your village.

Why is everyone so silent? I have to go to clas soon and I'll be busy for most of the day after that.
Old 11-15-2006, 10:14 AM   #214
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dűm

CaptainofDespair has just left Hobbiton.
++Boromir

Well, apparently Naria's death hasn't gotten the heat off my poor self. And it seems that I'm at the top of everyone's lists as being Boromir's accomplice.

So, if you all want to lynch me after Boromir, go ahead. I'm not going to put up anymore defenses. It simply isn't necessary for me to do so.

And it's not like anyone is going to believe me...

Edit: And Durelin, since when am I a good liar?

Last edited by CaptainofDespair; 11-15-2006 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Response to Durelin
CaptainofDespair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 12:28 PM   #215
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sorry about my lateness, My internet has been down due to work in my area and I may or may not be able to get on again today. First off, way to go Durelin!!! I really wish you would have dreamt of me last night so my name could be cleared and I can get down to wolf hunting today and not have to defend myself. I totally understand that there are only five people left that are unknown. I know I am one of them, but I think some of the others are way more suspicious than I am or have been. CoD's behavior today makes me still think that he could indeed be the last wolf. Why all of a sudden say I am a tempting choice for a vote? once again proving my point that you want to kill people who vote or suspect you.Then you completely ignore that for the rest of the day and proceed to say "Go ahead, kill me, I won't defend myself any longer." Even if he is an Ordo his behavior and actions have not helped us innocents at all. All he wants to do is vote for people who vote for him. And why has he been on the top of everyones suspect list, and almost lynched, but now he gets away? If he is indeed the last wolf, he will get off scott free because everyone thinks his behavior is too outlandish for a wolf.

Volo is a hard one to read, He was gone for a couple days and has not contributed much, but confusing posts, so he is still high on my wolf list.

Farael brings up the rear for me....He does seem helpful, but his interaction with Boromir is fishy. It almost seems like you actually, truly want him to shutup....Getting a little nervous are we?

Also I wanted to bring up Lommy. I always want to agree with her points and sometimes that is my downfall. So yesterday, I thought to myself after rereading that lommy could be the Seer. She seemed so sure about Naria that after Naria was reveiled to be a wolf, her votes and posts seem almost to good. Only a wolf would know for sures that Naria was a wolf. Not that my suspicion of her is high today, but still, I thought that warrented a look.

Now Boromir.....Holy cow....this is the most talk from a know wolf ever. Nice try, but nothing you say holds true, I will not heed anything you have to say. Bye bye wolfie.

++Boromir88
Old 11-15-2006, 12:30 PM   #216
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoD
So, if you all want to lynch me after Boromir, go ahead. I'm not going to put up anymore defenses. It simply isn't necessary for me to do so.
Curious...why isn't it necessary? Running out of ways to defend yourself?
Old 11-15-2006, 12:32 PM   #217
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

It's no secret now Farael, you want me to shut up...afraid I might spill something, eh, buddy?

Durelin is the smart one here...it's just like poker, you want your opponent to talk to give up the strength of his hand. You want to find out my cohort, the best way is to get me to talk. It's clear Durelin knows this importance...I don't know if anyone else does though.

I'll help you out more...what I've said today is 1000 times more valuable than anything I've said in the prior days combined...yep...it's true.

I'm going to vote for:

++Thinlomien

Anyone want to end this thing by tomorrow? You can retract your votes, vote for Thinlomien (whom is my crime cohort - I promise) and then lynch me tomorrow since you all know I'm a wolf.

If no one wants to follow me in lynching Thinlomien, I'll be up for Volo, he seems anxious to get out of here...he's my partner - I promise.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:37 PM   #218
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dűm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier
Curious...why isn't it necessary? Running out of ways to defend yourself?
Thank you for proving my point, Valier.

You will see my reasoning at the bottom of my last post. But I will reiterate: It is not necessary because no one listens.

I have offered my defense before, and if you still refuse to believe it, or even look at it for what it is, then it is not my problem.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:46 PM   #219
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Now Boromir.....Holy cow....this is the most talk from a know wolf ever. Nice try, but nothing you say holds true, I will not heed anything you have to say. Bye bye wolfie.

++Boromir88
Valier...don't worry I'll find a way to get you back for the betrayal you just committed. I can't believe it. This is definitely not what we had discussed.

CoD, don't lose hope, if you listen to me, they won't dare lynch you.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:51 PM   #220
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dűm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88
CoD, don't lose hope, if you listen to me, they won't dare lynch you.
Hope? Who said anything about hope? And why would I not want to be lynched? I never had any plans of surviving til the last day. If anything, I should berate you for not killing me earlier. It would have saved me a lot of wasted effort.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:06 PM   #221
Volo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo, a he
But back to trying talking sense. Farael seems really wolf, now that Naria is proven evil. Or then the wolves are really lucky. Farael was so much against CoD that I at least felt that CoD would be lynched, he then wasn't and now I can't call him wolf, it was either him or Naria.
Explaining again:

Farael tried turn attention away from the wolf-Naria by writing such an analysis about CoD, who was a rather suspicious fellow just like Naria. In other words, Farael tried to save Naria, or would that have any sense in it? I can't imagine CoD being a wolf after this.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:22 PM   #222
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo
Farael tried turn attention away from the wolf-Naria by writing such an analysis about CoD, who was a rather suspicious fellow just like Naria. In other words, Farael tried to save Naria, or would that have any sense in it? I can't imagine CoD being a wolf after this.
I didn't try to save Naria I tried to kill CoD... and he might do his own case a favour by not saying that he won't defend himself any longer, but rather doing some discussion himself.

And...
Quote:
He does seem helpful, but his interaction with Boromir is fishy. It almost seems like you actually, truly want him to shutup....Getting a little nervous are we?
That was bound to happen... but talking about her, now that she has actually said something, she doesn't look so bad to me.

Right now my main suspects are Volo and CoD. I suspect CoD more in a "something don't feel right" way, but rationally Volo is more likely to be a wolf.

Although, let me propose one theory here.

What if Rune had nailed TWO wolves? killing him would have condemned Naria yes, but it would also make CoD look almost certainly innocent.

I don't know, I still don't buy into CoD's innocence, but...
Old 11-15-2006, 02:45 PM   #223
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Well, my hunches have been absolutely horrible so far in this game. Okay, I suspected Naria quite a lot but still wasn't able to carry it through...

Anyhow, I'm not suspecting CoD the most. Quite on the contrary.

Even though Valier's point about Lommy is worth looking at toMorrow, I'm still relatively at ease with her.

Valier herself would have been much higher in my list of suspicions unless her posting just lately.

Farael I'm pretty confused about. He's feels a bit too reckless to be a wolf but at least to my eye looks more suspicious than the aforementioned.

Volo I just can't get. No read-out whatsoever. That makes me worry about him.

These are only my preliminary hunches. Nothing solid in any way. But we'll all have time tomorrow (RL) and toMorrow (in-game) to sort these out.

Thanks Durelin, a great game from you! Sad you can't join the nerve-wrecking action of toMorrow!
Old 11-15-2006, 02:45 PM   #224
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

It's been so fun today...don't sound so gloomy. Special thanks to Miss Jenny who has allowed all this enjoyment.

Before I never speak to thoughst again (until we meet some other time) Whatever I've said about CoD is 100% lies.

Everything else today though is approximately 73% truthful (even that's correct), including the most important thing...the third wolf.

Good luck Volo.

Glad I could be of some service...bye.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:47 PM   #225
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I have enjoyed your gaming Boro! Fare thee well and die in a way suitable to you!
Old 11-15-2006, 02:55 PM   #226
Volo

Quote:
Good luck Volo.
Thanks dear pal ++Boromir!
Old 11-15-2006, 02:55 PM   #227
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Good luck Volo.
Am I seeing ghosts here? I would say this was not there in Boro's post as I saw it the first time... I can't be sure of this but somehow this part of the post looked unfamiliar as I came back to the thread after posting my last one just a minute afterwards.

You have all seen that Boro takes points from the posts others have just written and tries to go with them. So was this a last minute trial to confuse us in line with the other stuff he has made or did he intentionally wish me to see this last moment edit to free Volo from suspicion and thence trying to save the fellow?

As this example shows, let's not discuss Boro's posts after Durelin's revealment. They are made to confuse... and also took me in for a while.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:59 PM   #228
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
Good luck Volo.
???
Old 11-15-2006, 03:20 PM   #229
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dűm

Quote:
I don't know, I still don't buy into CoD's innocence, but...
So don't, then. I've spent enough time trying to sway this jury, only to be ignored. I will not waste further time attempting to persuade you I am not wolf. And I know you won't be truly satisfied until I'm lynched or killed by wolves. Only then will it prove what I am.

You have two options: Take me at my word, and go on trying to find the last wolf, or lynch me and waste more time. The latter, of course, will spell your own doom.
Old 11-15-2006, 03:35 PM   #230
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Finally just got back about half an hour ago...don't have enough time to really go through the thread, but I will do what I can.

Quote:
Durelin you are playing with fire right now...
Well, I'm willing to play with fire if I feel like lynching CoD is a waste of time.

You have to be more careful than this. The wolves have been feeling confident this entire game - that has been pretty obvious...CoD almost got lynched on Day One. Maybe this whole scene is just a game from him, but I highly doubt it.

The problem is, it could be CoD, Farael, Lommy, Volo, or Valier. None of their names have been cleared.

Lommy is an excellent player...and I cannot put aside the possibility that she sealed Naria's death to free herself of suspicion. However, I do not think it likely.

Quote:
What is this supposed to be? I mean, really. Right now, I'm feeling like you guys should just lynch Volo tomorrow, whether or not he's a wolf. Who cares, if he's not going to help the village in the least. If we lose, at least we'll have taken him out.

CoD hasn't been helpful at all, but his behavior I find more familiar. He has only one ancestor that got caught up in such a mess as this, and that ancestor acted exactly as he has done: with a consant "bring it on" attitude. Apparently he, like his predocessor, is interested in observing what takes place in the afterlife. I too was tempted to grant him his wish, but since I do not sense a double-bluff, and since the fate of the village might rest with him...just think of it! Both he and Volo do not care one bit...

Look, obviously Boro's trying to mess with our heads...but it seems so likely that he really has waved the last wolf in our face. It seems a risk he would take. And my great-grandmother used to tell me of how a pair of Lovers once gave themselves in during the final days of the village... So it is possible.

Another interesting thing about Volo:

Quote:
The only other person who has defended CoD other than me, really, has been Boro. The wolves obviously used him to their advantage - he has been an excellent distraction. Is Volo continuing this sentiment? If he was really a wolf, would he condemn CoD as the most likely wolf candidate? But there is possibly (and quite probably, unfortunately) more than one day ahead of the final wolf.

So, here's my diagnosis on CoD: Ordo with a death wish.

And Volo is either the final wolf or an ordo with a death wish, which I really cannot see. CoD didn't get suicidal until after he got a few votes for him...Volo's never gotten close to being lynched. So why so careless now?

Quote:
But why am I not suspicous enough? I didn't say a single thing about Naria during the whole game...

See my point?

But Farael is contradictory.

Quote:
P.S: you may all want to ignore Boromir from now on... don't try to read anything into what he says, since he knows it's game over for him and he'll try to confuse us
And just a bit later...

Quote:
I don't know what the main suspects for Tomorrow's lynching should be, but if anyone (Nogrod/Durelin if possible, as I said before) has the time to go through Boromir's posts, we might be able to find something out.

So...do you want us to ignore him, or not?

I'm running out of time...I will try to post again with more observations...

But before that:

++Boromir
Old 11-15-2006, 03:38 PM   #231
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Another thing I noticed about Volo:

Quote:
Of Farael I'll just say that the long post itself is reassuring and I doubt that most wolves would write something like that, for that I really feel like voting ++CoD.
That was yesterday...

But now he thinks CoD is innocent? Perhaps he was swayed by CoD's vote for Naria.
Old 11-15-2006, 03:43 PM   #232
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Quote:
2) The wolves as Lommy points out believed Rune was the seer and this would put a mark on Naria and Volo...as those seem to be the two people he 'suspected' the most. This begs the again, just exactly how much reliablity can we put in Rune's 'suspicions?'
Volo, too...but he didn't get nearly so much attention as Naria. Boro was kind enough to bring him up, though...

(These are just general observations which I hope might be helpful...and I'm posting them as I find them, as obnoxious as that might be...)
Old 11-15-2006, 03:57 PM   #233
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Quote:
It would not be fair for me to vote to kill one of the two when I haven't been around all day. i don't want to be the one looked at tomorrow because I got someone killed and they may have been inoccent.
After reading this again, I'm more inclined to think her innocent. Except that Boro escaped going with either Naria or CoD yesterDay. Of course, there wasn't a wolf on the line the day Valier posted that.

When Volo posted considerably on Day One, it was mostly in character banter. He says something about Lommy's going after CoD to be hasty. Then he votes for CoD just a little bit later. He seems to go back and forth on CoD throught the game...and never pays attention to anyone else, really. (Correct me if I'm wrong...this is a quick analysis.)

Possible point of interest: On Day One, Farael initiates a little in character interaction between himself and Naria.

Rune voted for Volo on Day One...did Rune already have them squirming a little, and his post about both Volo and Naria was the straw that broke the camel's back?

Unfortunately, I must be "over and out" at this point. Opossums and Priceline are calling me.

For the final time, I salute you all.

Never give up, never surrender.

Beam me up, Jenny!
Old 11-15-2006, 08:27 PM   #234
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
One of the first conversations between JennyHallu and Boromir88 had been about his occupation.

"But what, exactly, does a fuller do?" Jenny'd asked.

"We wash wool cloth," he'd explained patiently. "When we're done it's 'fuller', hence the name."

"Oh."

All the club members were used to seeing him wearing wool. They wondered if it itched, but he claimed it was stylish and comfortable.

On this day, though, it was decidedly inappropriate.

"Kill Boromir88," Durelin said firmly, a strange light filling her eyes as she ran his body up and down with her tricorder. "He's not human."

"You can tell with that little do-dad?" asked Boromir curiously, taking his imminent demise with unbelievable calm. "Then why didn't you denounce me on the first day? Why haven't you checked everyone else?"

Durelin shrugged. "Because this is just a prop. I actually had a prescient dream of you." She tossed the plastic toy over her shoulder.

"Now attack!!"

The club members rushed Boromir en masse, wielding---

"Hey! Those are my clothes!" the wolf protested, snarling as he transformed. "My favorite sweater!"

"Sorry, Boromir," Durelin shrugged again. "But we simply cannot tolerate a wolf in sheep's clothing."

Dead

JennyHallu - Club President - Bound and collated on Night 1
Folwren - Vice-President - Used for ink on Night 1
Anguirel - Innocent - Misspelled on Day 1
Rikae - Innocent - Buried alive on Night 2
Gurthang - Innocent - Fell from grace on Day 2
Rune - Cobbler - Given a permanent assignment on Night 3
Naria - Werewolf - Tuned permanently on Day 3
Diamond - Innocent - Serenaded on Night 4
Boromir88
- Werewolf - Suffocated on Day 4

Alive

CaptainofDespair - Pompous Nobleman - Melneras, the Gnomish Archwizard
Durelin - StarCaptain - William Shatner
Farael - Heavy-metal singer - sneak
Nogrod - Retired General - Ciryatan of the Dúnedain, a one-legged Athelas vendor
Thinlomien - aging homeless sot - Lothwen the Pretty, elven flowermaid
Valier - Radical Hair Butcher - Elven Anoonnoon of Omicron Persieye 8
Volo - teleseller - Tom Yrmacha'zul'charach'ping'yit'pul tha half-balrog, wielding a multitude of sharp pointy objects.
Old 11-16-2006, 03:55 PM   #235
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

You may begin. Durelin, your seer, is dead.

Narration will come later...I'm going to go take a nap.
Old 11-16-2006, 04:36 PM   #236
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Can't say I did not see that one coming... rest in peace Durelin, thank you for your good job.

Now, I don't have a lot of time right now, but I wanted to ask Nogrod if he'd kindly go through Boromir's posts (minus the last day, obviously) to see if we can gleam some information out of them.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:00 PM   #237
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Now, I don't have a lot of time right now, but I wanted to ask Nogrod if he'd kindly go through Boromir's posts (minus the last day, obviously) to see if we can gleam some information out of them.
Well, as I've said at least two times already, I will be doing it. But now it's coming 1AM here and I need to wake up a little bit after 6 so understandably I will not be trying anything of the sort right now...

But after I'm home from school tomorrow (RL) I will get to it, meaning something like 2PM (GMT = something like twelve hours from the deadline).

But let's not tone down here anyone before it! Go on and voice your thoughts, for toDay we really need open talk from everyone. And I do think anyone not going open toDay will gain my suspicions. It's not the question of magnitude or quantity but of frankness and coming forwards with you ideas. All the careful postings will be under my scrutiny toDay as I know this will be my last one anyhow.

We have only this Day and the next to accomplish this hunt for the last traitor among us. So keep the discussion up! I will be back in about twelve hours and try to do whatever I can...
Old 11-17-2006, 12:11 AM   #238
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Ooooh! They killed Durelin! I'm soooo surprised!

Anyway, I would like to echo Nogrod's words: speak up! Tell all ideas that spring to your mind, and don't be afraid of flood-posting.

Today I will probably have a look at what CoD, Valier, Volo and Farael have to say about Naria and Boro and vice versa.

I must tell you some bad news. In case I'm alive the next day, I'm not sure if I can get online at all, since I don't have a net access home and the public libraries are not open in sundays. But I will try visit some friend with a net, or Noggie, though I will be quite busy since I have my "art/painting/drawing /whatever club" and we have guests over the whole weekend. But I'll try; I don't want to to miss the last action!
Old 11-17-2006, 01:52 AM   #239
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Just to point out: in every other Day CoD has been around very early just after the "dawn" but toDay we haven't heard anything from him. Sure he might be busy in RL (there's no notice in the admin thread though) but I can't help the feeling he's avoiding the discussion.
Old 11-17-2006, 05:54 AM   #240
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Note: I left Boro's postings after Durelin's coming out out of this...

CoD
CoD on Naria
#40 says he will have a look at her and trieds to disprove her cobbler-theory
#53 is suspicious of her (and of me and of Dury and of Farael)
#81 is not so suspicious about her anymore because she hasn't been active, asks her to be more active
#99 says there's not enough information to infer from in Naria to make any clear picture of her, says his suspicions of her are feeling-based
#111 dislikes her casual voting, says she's suspicious
#118 votes her because she has suspected him twice
#134 asks if we should look her not that Rune who last voted for her is dead
#149 says he would like to vote her
#170 votes her
#190 says it's good that the village got rid of her
#214 says that apparently Naria's death hasn't got the heat off him
CoD on Boro
#49 explains to B his backing off of Dury and Farael
#99 says his theory about Gurth sounds more probable
#192 agrees with Noggie's logic that B might be a wolf
#214 votes him
Boro on CoD
#25 says he's one of the most innocent-looking this far, says he's spoken some decent sense and that is not going to vote him
#31 lists him along with himself, Noggie and Ang as one that has tried to get the village turning, says that's something the wolves like to do, but says he won't vote for village-turners
#46 ok, I'm not sure what to make of this so I quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoD
I only said I would keep an eye on them. I never gave them position. However, they have not wantonly attacked me for simply being in-character (which is where all of this seems to have stemmed from).
Tis a pity CoD, as that really was my reasoning for you appearing innocent. As I was thinking the same.
#153 says he sees no point in lynching Naria or CoD
#160 repeats that Naria and CoD seem quite innocent
#172 says he will vote Naria to save CoD
Naria on CoD
#38 suspects him of being the cobbler, says his statement on knowledge that commoners can't obtain is "incriminating", says she will probably vote him
#104 says she's way too dizzy from the flu to read anything or participate, votes CoD

Farael

Farael on Naria
#4 in-character, asks her to start a band with him
#145 thinks Naria innocent based on Rune's death
#222 says he didn't want to save Naria, but to kill CoD
Farael on Boro
#85 questions his adamantness about him (Boro) being himself the previous day
#140 says he (B) misunderstood him (F)
#145 hints that Boro, CoD and Durelin are interacting
#155 answers his suspicions, asks "Are you a wolf, Mr Boromir?"
#196 says he (B) could drag an ordo with him (refers to CoD), aks for a borolysis from Dury or Noggie
#198 answers bantery Boro saying he (B) won't help the village
#207 says Boro might try a multiple bluff, asks for the villagers not to listen to him (B)
#211 says he's surprised if B doesn't get all the votes, votes him, asks for a borolysis
3236 asks for a borolysis again
Boro on Farael
#46 is worried about Farael and Durelin's interactions
#50 votes him based on his "disappearing from existence"
#136 disagrees with him about Rune's death being a surprise
#153 says he might vote Farael again for he's too hasty and disagrees with him about wolfing and expresses dislike of his trio-speculation
#172 names him his main suspect
#176 says he'd prefer voting Farael to voting Naria or CoD
Naria on Farael
#14 in-character, refuses his band request

Valier

Valier on Naria
#96 finds her non-voting strange, has no clue about her, lists her as "bringing up the rear of my suspicions"
#112 says she knows her (N) from RL and confirms she's ill
#139 speculates about the reasons behind Rune's death and thus mentions Naria; I got the impression she thought her innocent
#156 says she'll vote either Naria or CoD
#177 "If Naria doesn't die and doesn't show up tomorrow then yes she warrants my vote for nonparticipation."
Valier on Boro
#96 says that he's been his normal talkative self, notes that he likes complimenting people when evil, finds nothing alarming about him, lists him as "not overtly supicious yet"
#215 "Now Boromir.....Holy cow....this is the most talk from a know wolf ever. Nice try, but nothing you say holds true, I will not heed anything you have to say. Bye bye wolfie.", votes him
Boro on Valier
#153 doesn't find her reasoning illogical
Naria on Valier
~nothing~

Volo
Volo on Naria
#210 mentions that he didn't say a word about Naria when she was still alive
#221 says Farel tried to take attention from her
Volo on Boro
#226 "Thanks pal!", votes him
Boro on Volo
#46 disagrees with him about Noggie and wolf-tactics
#89 says he (B) is going to have a look at Ang/CoD -voters, includes V in the list
#97 says he scares him because of his inactivity and german, says he (V) might be the cobbler
#172 speculates about why Naria and Volo who are silent aren't dead yet
Naria on Volo
~nothing~

Whoa, that was work! A commentary/ conclusions to come soon...