Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2003, 05:07 PM   #201
Gandalf_theGrey
Visionary Spirit

Gandalf_theGrey has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quick Note while I'm Cooking Dinner:

The company will camp out one more night, and then have one more day's journey to reach the Castle ... they're not arriving at the Castle "tonight" game time, but "tomorrow night"

... This is important, because probably (hint hint) something is going to happen meanwhile on the night before the group reaches the Castle. (No worries, not any sort of large disaster or anything.)

Thanks,

Gandalf the Grey
Old 01-15-2003, 05:20 PM   #202
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Okey-dokey, Smokey! Will be prepared! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Question: when exactly should Menelduliniel and Estelarion begin their serenade? When we get nearer to the castle, I assume, but should they begin first thing tomorrow, or will Gandalf give them a cue of some sort when they are ready? I am, as always, yours to command, Gandalf! (EDIT: Oh, by "tomorrow" I mean game time, of course...)

Oh: after tomorrow, exams are all over. (EDIT: Now, by tomorrow I mean real life time...) I will be able to breath again (meanwhile, I have been on here more than I usually am when I have normal school during these exams...)!

[ January 15, 2003: Message edited by: VanimaEdhel ]
Old 01-17-2003, 01:32 PM   #203
Gandalf_theGrey
Visionary Spirit

Sting

Regarding the Newcomer to Camp:

As piosenniel has picked up on, the newcomer is the sole survivor from Castle Maladil who was let free. Since I'm going to be out of the apartment until about 10:00 pm Eastern, I'd better provide a smattering of information meanwhile.

The man's name is Mat Rushlight, and he's a Breelander. Edwina, his wife, and Linea, his daughter, are the ones who have been taken over by the two female ghosts (Mat wouldn't know the names of the ghosts.) The prisoners whom Mat Rushlight left dead in the dungeon were named Wayne, Wes, and Brooke.

Vanima Edhel:

"Smokey" ? Why, nobody's called me Smokey since back in the day when I used to frequent an X-Files chat room called Spooky's, when my name was Cigarette-Smoking Man! Ah, memories. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I'll let you know when it's time for Menelduliniel and Estelarion and Hinura to start their serenade.

At your Service,

Gandalf the Grey
Old 01-17-2003, 02:19 PM   #204
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Gandalf,

Oh, no! This man is a Breelander. He's one of Andreth's neighbors.
Old 01-20-2003, 03:02 AM   #205
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

Susan Delgado has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Susan Delgado Send a message via AIM to Susan Delgado
The Eye

Just how exactly are you non-corporeal creatures planning to force Anna and Calimiel back into the cell? Even if you can become solid enough to speak aloud or hold (throw) objects, you have nowhere near the physical strength of a genuine flesh-and-bone creature, even a weak and starved one. If you're thinking of killing us rather than let us remain free, that would hardly accomplish your goal of teaching us a lesson, would it? As far as I'm concerned, after we give the dead Men a proper burial (I and Anna have no substantive objections to that) we could just walk out of the Castle, walk right through the front gate and meet the living folk as they arrive. The Ghosts can't hold the doors closed strongly enough to prevent us from simply pulling them open, and even if there are any locking doors on the lower floors (which I doubt), who has the keys? Not Celumeomaryu, I'm guessing. She has only the Dungeon keys, doesn't she?
Old 01-20-2003, 02:42 PM   #206
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

I've filled in my "save" after Bethberry's watery healing of Nardol. He will rejoin the group tomorrow...and we shall see what he's like. Old habits may die hard.
Old 01-20-2003, 04:05 PM   #207
Gandalf_theGrey
Visionary Spirit

Sting

Child of the 7th Age:

It's a small world, after all.

Susan Delgado:

Good questions:

1) Just how exactly are you non-corporeal creatures planning to force Anna and Calimiel back into the cell?

MY REPLY:

There are ways.

2) Even if you can become solid enough to speak aloud or hold (throw) objects, you have nowhere near the physical strength of a genuine flesh-and-bone creature, even a weak and starved one.

MY REPLY:

If you wish, I'll send you via PM the website URL to an article with information on a particular case of poltergeist activity so graphically violent and horrible that I've decided against posting it on the public thread.

3) If you're thinking of killing us rather than let us remain free, that would hardly accomplish your goal of teaching us a lesson, would it?

MY REPLY:

Good point ... of course, Maladil's lucidity waxes and wanes according to his current temper.

4) As far as I'm concerned, after we give the dead Men a proper burial (I and Anna have no substantive objections to that) we could just walk out of the Castle, walk right through the front gate and meet the living folk as they arrive.

MY REPLY:

Fascinating plan. Should Calimiel and Anna have such an opportunity, it will be intriguing to see the results of your attempt. I can tell you right now that despite their new physical bodies, their spirits remain bound by Maladil's curse. However, if Anna and Calimiel manage to walk out as far as they are able to the boundaries of the Castle grounds, it is indeed possible for them to meet with the living folk as they arrive.

5) The Ghosts can't hold the doors closed strongly enough to prevent us from simply pulling them open, ...

MY REPLY:

Debatable. (See Poltergeist website mentioned above.)

6) And even if there are any locking doors on the lower floors (which I doubt), who has the keys? Not Celumeomaryu, I'm guessing. She has only the Dungeon keys, doesn't she?

MY REPLY:

The Butler normally carries quite a prodigious set of jangly keys, meaning that certainly there are plenty of lockable doors within the Castle ... though this topic is more a matter for a PM rather than a public discussion post. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Mithadan:

Welcome back.

* bows *

~~ Gandalf the Grey
Old 01-20-2003, 05:33 PM   #208
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Birdland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
If you wish, I'll send you via PM the website URL to an article with information on a particular case of poltergeist activity so graphically violent and horrible that I've decided against posting it on the public thread.
Oooooooh! I gotta Google that one!

[ January 20, 2003: Message edited by: Birdland ]
Old 01-21-2003, 06:00 PM   #209
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Quote:
Why doesn't anyone carry around sweetgrass or smoky quartz anymore? Actually, even though I'm not Christian, Holy Water actually does work as well, I'll admit to that.

Anyway: I take it that our Breelander friend won't stay? Or will he have guilt-trip of some sort and accompany us? And what are the rods for? I suppose I'll find out in due time...
Old 01-22-2003, 12:55 AM   #210
Gandalf_theGrey
Visionary Spirit

Sting

Birdland:

Look who's haunting this thread? Good to see you. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

VanimaEdhel:

1) I take it that our Breelander friend won't stay?

MY REPLY:

He certainly does not intend to stay. Mat Rushlight simply wants to get back to Bree as fast as he can, while the getting's good.

2) Or will he have guilt-trip of some sort and accompany us?

MY REPLY:

He certainly does not intend to stay. Mat Rushlight simply wants to get back to Bree as fast as he can, while the getting's good. ... * slight grin *

3) And what are the rods for? I suppose I'll find out in due time...

MY REPLY:

[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Gandalf the Grey
Old 01-22-2003, 02:36 AM   #211
Gandalf_theGrey
Visionary Spirit

Sting

CASTLE MALADIL INSPIRATION:

Below is a picture of the French Castle at Old Fort Niagara in Youngstown, New York. This picture was taken in the year 1874. Imagine the outside as being made of golden granite.

There are of course some differences with the layout of Castle Maladil, ... (most particularly Laurëondo's walls), ... and its grounds.
Old 01-22-2003, 02:55 AM   #212
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

Hey, that's nearly exactly how I've pictured it!
Old 01-23-2003, 05:21 PM   #213
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Again: okey-dokey, Smokey!

I can live with that picture! Looks like a house not too far from me, I think...well: it looks familiar to me in any case. Maybe I was there in a past life, who knows... Anyway: the picture works for me.
Old 01-23-2003, 07:43 PM   #214
Bêthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

My post today sets up Bethberry's departure from the game. One last post on the morrow (game time)will see her too ill to continue to the final stages of the game's conclusion.

Her departure leaves no great gaping holes in plot or plans, nothing which the rest of you will have to handle.

I have too much to attend to, and cannot give the game its due, particularly as it comes to its exciting conclusion. I will watch as the curse is lifted--if lifted it shall be.

*curtsies respectfully to all*

Bethberry
Old 01-23-2003, 09:32 PM   #215
Gandalf_theGrey
Visionary Spirit

Sting

Bethberry:

Good luck wherever your path leads you. * bows *

Regarding game time, keep in mind that now that the company has arrived and is camped within easy walking distance of Castle Maladil, the plan all along has been to wait until nightfall and then go to the Castle after the evening meal. Once Gandalf and Holly return from their mapping expedition, dinner is served, and the sun has set, the final stages of the game's conclusion will at that time be set in motion.

Waiting until the morrow is not feasible according to what's transpired already within the Castle Maladil RPG thread.

Quote:
One last post on the morrow (game time)will see her too ill to continue to the final stages of the game's conclusion.
Her departure leaves no great gaping holes in plot or plans, nothing which the rest of you will have to handle.
Susan Delgado:

Small note regarding your most recent post ... Based on how you described Anna's attempt to again open the secret door, it's quite all right as written (especially based on the background information imparted to you in one of our collaborative chats!) ... If, however, Anna or anyone else tries to take more vigorous measures to open that door, dice rolls might be required to see what, if anything, happens to the door and what, if anything, happens to the person(s) trying to open it. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Also, glad you and VanimaEdhel like the French Castle pic.

At your Service,

Gandalf the Grey
Old 01-25-2003, 06:42 PM   #216
Gandalf_theGrey
Visionary Spirit

Sting

Clearing Up Some Confusion Regarding the Planned Strategic Timeline of Events Connected with the Company's Arrival at Castle Maladil

... followed by individual or group personal notes to Belin Ibaimendi, Susan Delgado, theLadyAerowen, The-Fifth and piosenniel ... and a general note to those not receiving a personal note this time around (wherein I'll end up making a personal comment to Aylwen Dreamsong, after all!) [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Now on to the main topic of this post:

There seems to be some confusion on the part of more than one person, as to the time of day or night when the company will be physically showing up on the Castle's doorstep.

To answer this question definitively, I've scrolled back through the RPG and would like to quote from a post I made on January 9, 2003 at 8:28 p.m.:

Quote:
* Gandalf then addressed the entire company. * Our arrival at Castle Maladil should be tomorrow evening. If we arrive during the afternoon, we will set up camp off the main road, within sight of the side road leading to the Castle, and await nightfall.

After sundown, we shall approach the Castle ... the bards, including Hinura, Estelarion, and Menelduliniel wielding harp or flute, others carrying candles or lanterns as sources of light. The music of the bards shall be light to the ear, and I am well pleased at all the practicing and song preparation I've heard so far. You work well together! Hinura, I look forward to hearing Bog a'Lochain. And Meneli and Estelarion, already your choice of song resonates with new notes of hope ... * Gandalf checked himself before saying "to those in exile," preferring to leave the sentence incomplete. *

Please no torches, as torches too often bring to mind images of brigands and marauders. Poppy shall carry the trust of Elrond's gold, and have no light source of her own.

The three rods you've been given are for you to hold in readiness, for their light is fleeting.
piosenniel:

From your post, it appears that Holly has forgotten the above plan to approach the Castle at night. However, please keep your post as is ... there's no need to edit, as you've actually given me something to work with as far as character interaction goes ... Gandalf can remind Holly that they won't be approaching the Castle "on the morrow" but rather, "this very night!" Also, I like how you've failed to have Holly perceive Kenelm's song. Very good, for indeed it would be very iffy as to whether she would be attuned to picking up ghostly apparitions, locutions, sounds, feelings, or presentiments on her own. Indeed, I might likely end up rolling dice to determine what, if anything, Holly is able to hear of Kenelm's harp notes, melody, and the words of his song. I can then describe in my post what effect Kenelm's song has on Holly.

Gandalf as a Maia is of course far likelier to notice Kenelm's song, especially as he's been straining his concentration towards the Castle in the hopes of observing just such phenomena.

Belin Ibaimendi, Susan Delgado, theLadyAerowen, The-Fifth:

You know, those behind-the-scene chats and/or dice-rolling sessions we've had have proved tremendously productive when it comes to the resulting rich posts that you've all written! Awesome work, gang. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

All Else:

If your character has not had a personal chance to shine yet ... no worries, you will. Please feel welcome at any time to send me a PM if you wish to inquire about the level of your upcoming involvement, and/or to let me know what sorts of actions you're interested in taking to give yourself a bigger role in the story. Aylwen Dreamsong for example, ... if you're wondering what exciting or unusual or geared towards you and the contributions you can make as a valuable individual, connected with you personally as hostler, can possibly happen to you in the stables of Laurëondo ... methinks you're going to be very pleasantly surprised with what I've been planning for you!

There will definitely be enough action to go around for everybody, and everyone has an important role to play ... and in fact, I'm working, visibly or invisibly, to tailor characters and situations towards each member of the company so that all can be included to the degree and level that each one wishes.

Finally, somewhere around Christmas I put up a post in the Discussion thread concerning the kinds of questions your characters may want to ask, and the sorts of conditions which require dice-rolling once we get to the Castle. It might be a good idea to go back and take a look at that post again, as a review.

At your Service,

Gandalf the Grey
Old 01-25-2003, 06:49 PM   #217
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Gandalf,

Please check your pms.

Andreth
Old 01-25-2003, 07:01 PM   #218
Gandalf_theGrey
Visionary Spirit

Sting

Andreth:

Your PM happily received ... am currently heating up leftover turnip and leeks soup, and will work on a reply during dinner! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

At your Service,

Gandalf the Grey
Old 01-25-2003, 07:58 PM   #219
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

leftover turnip and leeks soup

Very hobbity! But no fish? I await your response.
Old 01-25-2003, 08:00 PM   #220
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
methinks you're going to be very pleasantly surprised with what I've been planning for you!
The key words there are pleasantly surprised...I hope [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img].

I was wondering what sort of things Aislan would encounter in the stately stables!

Aylwen
Old 01-26-2003, 12:32 PM   #221
The Fifth
Shade of Carn Dûm

The Fifth has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to The Fifth Send a message via AIM to The Fifth
The Eye

Suggested by a dear friend, here is a translation of Kenelm's song, from Quenya:

Beyond the lake,
rises an elven star.
The first to rise,
the first to fall.

Beyond bright seas,
waters within sand,
the darkness runs,
and shadows flee.
Between two trees,
the Sun and the Moon,
an elven star
rises.
- Ringwraith #5,
Servant of the Eye
Old 01-26-2003, 03:34 PM   #222
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Just tell me when to start singing, Gandalf!

And: I may send you a few Private Messages to you too, Gandalf, as I have never played any Role-Playing Games that involved dice-rolling. I may have many, many, many questions (a ridiculous amount, probably).

The rules are on page 4 if you guys don't want to go searching around. They are about halfway down the page in a fairly long post.
Old 01-29-2003, 02:15 PM   #223
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Can the living see and talk freely with the ghosts?
Old 01-29-2003, 04:58 PM   #224
Gandalf_theGrey
Visionary Spirit

Sting

Child of the 7th Age:

... (and please take note, piosenniel, because I'm going to use Kenelm's most recent song as an example to outline how much you can hear of Kenelm's speech and song.)

Regarding your question, can the living see and talk freely with the dead ... excellent question.

The extent to which a living character can see and talk freely with the dead depends on the individual character. For example, Elves will be more perceptive / receptive than Men and Hobbits. Normally, Men and Hobbits will fare very poorly in trying to communicate with the ghosts.

I'm planning on combining dice rolling with the more flexible guideline of "what would make for a good, still believable, story?"

Therefore, I've been making allowance for Holly to hear * SOME * of Kenelm's words, but not all, as follows. Based on the circumstances ( ... ESPECIALLY Kenelm playing the harp !! ... ) I rolled dice, with the result that Holly can hear roughly 25% of Kenelm's words. Holly could at first only see Kenelm's harp, but can now faintly see him, somewhat, through the light of the moon.

In Kenelm's latest song, here are the lines that Holly can hear:

Quote:
'Tall and green ...
Leaves full and fair, ...
their voices ring, ...
The glittering of light ...
cold autumn's glow. ...
Cold skies turn dark, ...
no more is the spring mirth. ...
[ January 29, 2003: Message edited by: Gandalf_theGrey ]
Old 02-02-2003, 03:44 AM   #225
Gandalf_theGrey
Visionary Spirit

Sting

Dice Rolling Results for Ghostly Communication:

By rights, a character needs a 12 to be able to communicate at all. Those wielding a harp, however, are granted a bonus to make communication easier. (That's why Holly was able to communicate with Kenelm, due to Kenelm's harp.) Full Elves are granted an automatic 12 if they roll lower than 12. The higher the number, the better and stronger the communication skills.

LIVING COMPANY CHARACTERS:

1) Holly -- 11

2) Aislan -- 17 (You're quite gifted, as a Human!) [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

3) Alearindu -- 6 (At least you're starting off paired with Aislan!)

4) Andreth -- 1 (Yes, just a 1! But never fear, your plot idea will still work just as we've discussed. Actually, this will only make the plot just that much more interesting! What we've spoken of in Private Messages still holds true, and will in fact work out wonderfully, though you've got a daunting challenge.)

5) Birdie -- 15

6) Estelarion -- 12

7) Hinura -- 11 (Plus you have a harp ... that gives you a bonus whereby you'll be able to communicate.)

8) Menelduliniel -- 18

9) Nardol -- 12

10) Olo -- 8

11) Poppy -- 18 (Now this is quite fortunate! You are one gifted Hobbit! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] )

12) Volondil -- 3

13) As an Istari, Gandalf gets a 20 ... there can be a downside to this, as you may come to discover.

CASTLE GHOST CHARACTERS:

1) Anna can communicate perfectly with whomever she wishes = automatic 20.

2) Butler -- 20

3) Calimiel can communicate perfectly with whomever she wishes = automatic 20.

4) Celumëomaryu -- 16

5) Cirgon (Cook) -- 3

6) Daerohil (Stable Lad) -- 12 people / 20 horses

7) Guilin (Man-At-Arms) -- 12

8) Halblung (Man-At-Arms) -- 19

9) Kenelm -- 10 (Plus you have a harp, that gives you a bonus whereby you'll be able to communicate.)

10) Lasrain (Gardener) -- 13

11) Maladil -- 18

12) Tella (Cook) -- 17

13) Tiroedrath (Door-Warden) -- 12

[ February 02, 2003: Message edited by: Gandalf_theGrey ]
Old 02-02-2003, 06:05 AM   #226
Gandalf_theGrey
Visionary Spirit

Sting

Vanima Edhel:

You may start singing now! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] (And who is it with the harp again, Meneli? While Estelarion has the flute?)

tangerine:

Also ready for a song from you! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

The Fifth:

Awesome songs from Kenelm! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Aylwen Dreamsong:

You've been given a clue in this thread as to what you'll encounter. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Child of the 7th Age:

* smiles belatedly at the fish comment * [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

~~ Gandalf the Grey
Old 02-02-2003, 09:34 AM   #227
TheLadyAerowen
Haunting Spirit

TheLadyAerowen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to TheLadyAerowen
Silmaril

lol I've been a smidge busy lately, getting ready for my birthday (Even if it is a few weeks away! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]) and remodeling a room. But I should be finishing up very soon, and it looks like we'll have some exciting scenarios coming up [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

~The Lady Aerowen

Aylwen- check your PM's please. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-02-2003, 02:10 PM   #228
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

No, Hinura offered to accompany the two. This is a really short post...
Old 02-02-2003, 03:49 PM   #229
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Sorry for the sort of absence lately, midterms are done now though and the state championship done, so I have more time.

TheLadyAerowen and I have been pm-ing and we are working on a post for Aislan and Alearindu.

Quote:
Daerohil (Stable Lad) -- 12 people / 20 horses
Does this mean Daerohil can communicate to the horses in some way? If so, there is no telling what he can do to the horses.... [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Aislan will have her work cut out for her.

Aylwen

[ February 02, 2003: Message edited by: Aylwen Dreamsong ]
Old 02-03-2003, 10:47 PM   #230
Gandalf_theGrey
Visionary Spirit

Sting

Aylwen Dreamsong:

Please check your PM's.

Also, yes, ... Daerohil can communicate to the horses. Should make things plenty interesting for Aislan! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

At your Service,

Gandalf the Grey
Old 02-04-2003, 01:35 AM   #231
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Please excuse my tardiness in posting. I will hopefully remedy the situation tomorrow as soon as I get back from work (mid-day).
Old 02-05-2003, 12:20 PM   #232
Gandalf_theGrey
Visionary Spirit

Sting

MEGA-POST #1 is on its way after dinner tonight.

1) I've done some preliminary dice-rolling regarding which ghosts are coming closer to meet the company, attracted by the sparklers. How to react will likely be part of Mithrandir's answer to Menelduliniel's question, or if you've thought of an idea, please feel welcome to PM me about it so I can collaborate you into my post (and you can interact/respond in your own posts) with more depth.

2) Gandalf will take notice Andreth's strange plight. Fine suspenseful post, btw, Andreth! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] * PLEASE NOTE: Nobody else in the company is going to be affected like Andreth is! *

MEGA-POST #2 will be posted after those who wish to respond to the events from Mega-post #1 have had a chance

3) Gandalf will hail Maladil and introduce Poppy as Ambassador.

..... um, trust me, this part won't be as easy as it sounds! * evil laugh *

MEGA-POST #3 will be posted after those who wish to respond to the events in Mega-post #2 have had a chance

4) How that mercurial horse Midnight will interact with Aislan we shall see, for things will get quite "dicey" ... this and related adventure will likely appear ... probably right after Maladil interacts with the company ... thus I may not address Midnight's actions immediately in my upcoming posts, but oh it will come up.

P.S. Nardol, you're going to be involved too as we've spoken of by PM, am not describing in depth here because of what's not public knowledge. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

P.P.S. By "Mega-Post" I mean, posts of vital importance containing/introducing key plot points ... I'm not necessarily referring to the length of a post ... as well, these "mega-posts" are likely going to be interspersed with other posts in between allowing for character action and interaction from all who wish to participate.

[ February 05, 2003: Message edited by: Gandalf_theGrey ]
Old 02-06-2003, 11:39 AM   #233
TheLadyAerowen
Haunting Spirit

TheLadyAerowen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to TheLadyAerowen
Silmaril

Misfourtune after misfourtune over here. lol All was well until my laptop decided to completely crash. (It's about time, but it was totally the wrong time) But, as Dreamsong has said, we're working on a post for Aislan and Alearindu. I'm sneaking on at school for like 40 minutes and visiting the library at least every other night. About a new computer-- I'm either ordering a Dell asap or getting an eMac on Valentine's Day. But either way, I'll be back up and running at my home soon. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

~The Lady Aerowen
Old 02-07-2003, 12:22 PM   #234
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

After I posted, I had the strongest urge to say, "Let's split up, gang!" [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

I know: that would be a stupid thought, but still...we all know that "Scooby-Doo" is a classic.

Quick question: those that have "12" as their ability to see the spirits would only see them as glimmers, mostly, yes (emphasis on "mostly", maybe, as it seems that everyone sees the spirits slightly differently)? That is how Estelarion perceived them in my post, in any event. I'm asking in here instead of in PM because the answer would aid anyone who had a "12"...
Old 02-07-2003, 03:02 PM   #235
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Gandalf,

I know this is a strange request, but could you let the companions know when we get close to midnight? Perhaps make a comment in the story line?

I don't want to say it's a certain time, if you see it as something else.

Andreth
Old 02-07-2003, 06:12 PM   #236
Gandalf_theGrey
Visionary Spirit

Sting

TheLadyAerowen:

Sorry to hear about your technical difficulties, my friend! Here's hoping that you'll soon be rejoining us in full force.

VanimaEdhel:

As to your question, you've done a masterful job at answering it in general terms yourself. * bows * Will provide more precision as it becomes necessary!

One thing I should draw your attention to regarding your last post, Vanima ... the main part of the company is not inside Castle Maladil, but rather stands just at the border of the castle grounds. (Andreth is now just within the boundary of the castle grounds.) It is only Holly, Bird, Olo and Volondil who have just entered the Castle by the back way. And since the members of the company outside the front entrance can see the quite physically solid swords that at least three of the ghosts are wielding, my bet is that nobody's eager to enter the Castle right now with ten ghosts watching your every move.

Child of the 7th Age:

As a matter of fact, it's just after 9:45 at night by the Shire clocks.

piosenniel:

Roll for initiative --- Give me a number from 1-6.

~~ Gandalf the Grey
Old 02-07-2003, 06:51 PM   #237
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Well, it was only one place that I said "in the castle", so that was easy enough to change!
Old 02-07-2003, 07:21 PM   #238
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

I'll say '5'

Quote:
So ..... Volondil and Holly, Olo and Bird just HAD to see what was behind Door #1, hmmmmmmmm?
Yes, Holly is inqusitive as well as acquisitive!

*please let it be the sports car and not the donkey!

[ February 07, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 02-08-2003, 02:04 AM   #239
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

What the heck is that thing??
Old 02-08-2003, 02:11 AM   #240
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Ok! Ok! I'll take the donkey!!!

Susan, I have no idea what it is, but it smells nasty and feels worse.