Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2002, 01:10 PM   #241
Shadow_Staar
Haunting Spirit

Shadow_Staar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Shadow_Staar Send a message via AIM to Shadow_Staar
Sting

OCC: "Ok, ya, wat is going wit Fea, and wat did Elenna tell her? I mean i wrote it..."

"UGH!! I Hate ORCS!!" Ala screamed as she drove her sword into an Orcs chest, his blood spilling all over her.
"Me too." Aman said, as she shot another arrow.
"Ok, since this is war, its time to burn some orcs, just douse is out with some water Aman." Ala spotter a huge orc coming towards her and Aman. She grinned her evil grin, and snapped her finger, that instant the Orc went up and Green and Red and Orange flames, with Ala laughing hysterically, while Aman put out the flames.
"Well at least i had some fun..." Ala said as she watched about 50 orcs rush at her and Aman...
Old 06-04-2002, 01:20 PM   #242
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Now they are too close to fight using bows and arrows, Aman quickly pur hers away, and as another orc dives at her, she whips the golden sais out of her sleeves. Ala stops laughing hysterically for a moment and looks quizically at them, as she sets fire to yet another orc.
"Just something I picked up on my travels my friend. Theyre specially crafted....Hey, thats my hair you almost set fire to!"
She tossed her head away and they laughed on the adrenaline rush. Then Aman saw just how amny orcs there really were and the creature that was leading them biding her time, but not for long it seemed...she sobered up.
The sais weaved in and out of the orcs with such speed that some were dead before they even noticed. It was as if she was doing a continuous set of spells...which by the look of things would not be such a bad idea...
Old 06-04-2002, 01:40 PM   #243
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Elenna has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elenna
Silmaril

"Hey, Aman. What is going on?" Elenna thought, trying to contact her friend.
"Ummm, I am a little bit busy right now, Elenna. We have begun the war. Hurry!" Aman's mental voice was tired, as if she had been fighting for a long time.
"I'm coming, my friend." Elenna whispered out loud. Then she sprinted back to camp, shouting as she went, "All right, everyone, up and at them! The fighting has begun and we're missing all of the fun! Hurry!"
Within 20 minutes everyone was packed and the army was on their way. The cavalry led, with Elenna on Celebdae riding in front, with the elves, men, and dwarves on foot running behind. But soon it became evident that they were not moving fast enough. Elenna called a halt.
"All right, new plan. Everyone with a horse that can bear another rider must do so. We have to get as many as we can to Rivendell fast. The rest can follow." She leaned down to help Therin onto Celebdae's broad back. Glorfindel lifted Rosa onto Asfaloth. All throughout the ranks, people were helping people they'd never met before onto their own horses.
Elenna pointed at a young male elf with black hair from Mirkwood. "You. What's your name?"
"I am Lindir, my lady." the elf replied, a little overwhelmed at being spoken to.
"You are in charge of those we leave behind. Don't exhaust them, but hurry. We will need you soon." And with that, the horses galloped off.
Old 06-04-2002, 02:24 PM   #244
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: I don't know... will there be a quiz on this later?
ArwenBaggins has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to ArwenBaggins Send a message via Yahoo to ArwenBaggins
Eye

OoC- I didnt write that! My bro got my password and wrote that... Sorry All! BtW, is Aduchil with US?

Fëa was killing orcs left and right. She had pulled her dagger out of her boot, but while she was doing that, was stabbing Orcs with arrows.

Her forehead was cut and she was bleeding into her eyes. She could not see.

"Ala! Keep burning those Orc! I can't really see because blood is in my eyes!" Fëa shouted over orc screams.

"Wipe it out of your eyes with your shirt!"

"I can't! I might get my head chopped off! I can't lose my concentration!"

"Get behind me and wipe your face quickly. I will protect you!" Ala yelled.

Fëa wiped her face an she was in fighting condition again.
Old 06-05-2002, 11:29 AM   #245
Rosa_Baggins
Wight

Rosa_Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

As Rosa hardly slept again that night.War and battle crowded her dreams, turning them into blood filled nightmares that Rosa was sure she didnt want to see.
The night was uncomfortable and it seemed like a black cloud covered the gleaming stars above because the light of the stars was not visable.
As she turned back to her bed she caught sight of the orc draught on her table.It was to tempting to just drink it but she resisted.....just.
Old 06-05-2002, 01:36 PM   #246
Shadow_Staar
Haunting Spirit

Sting

"God, I HATE ORCS!!!!!I HATE THEM!!!" Ala shot a round of fire and the burning orcs screamed in pain, then fell over dead. "HA! Take that u son of a BI-" But the scream cut her short, as he came running and jumped on her. She screamed with pain as the weight of the orc crushed her.
"You *** , ge' off me!!!!!" She screamed. He rose a knife above her head, and brought it down, but Ala cought it, and held it. She and the orc struggled against each other.
"Ala!!" Aman screamed, but she couldnt do much since orce surrounded her.
"Dont...Worry...about me..!!" Ala, felt the orc shift his weight, and then come crashing down on top of her. She moved her head, and looked up at a male elf smiling at her. She smiled back, but then looked around, and saw all the orcs had left. But the smell of fresh orc flesh burning remained in the air.
"Um, can you help me here?" She asked the elf.
"Ofcourse." He thru the orc off of her, and offered a hand which she greatly accpeted.
"Ugh, i smell like an orc." Ala wrinkled her nose in disgust.
"Where did all the orcs go?" Aman asked.
"Dont ask me, i was under one the whole time." She set the orc's body on fire, then Aman put it out.
"Hey! I was enjoying watching him burn." Ala said.
"YOu like to watch things die to much my friend."
"Yah, bad habbit of mine."
"Excuse, milady? But what do u want us to do now?" An archer asked.
"Now, we wait, in the trees." Aman said. She headed to a tree, and jumped in.
"Great, more trees, Alright everyone, back in the trees." Ala yelled.
Old 06-05-2002, 01:58 PM   #247
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

"Great more trees, everybody back to the trees!"
Aman laughed at her friend and walked ahead, but Ala hung back slightly.
"Leave the orc to rot Ala! Leave the flames out of this." She yelled back without turning around. Ala winced behind her and relutantly put out the flames and ran up behind her.
Aman worried. She had tried to see Rosa, as she had no problem with visualising the hobbit usually, as she had found out during the other battle...the one which had led her to Thrakatburz and the terrible mind duel. But something was wrong. Whenever the witch tried to contact her friend, the vision was clouded by red, streaming down the picture, turning everything crimson before entirely blocking it out. Blood.
Old 06-05-2002, 08:52 PM   #248
Shadow_Staar
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Ala slowly climbed up the tree, but spit on the orc at the bottom before she positioned herself.
"Aman, whats wrong?" Ala looked at the concerned face on her friend.
"It's just that whenever I try to see or try to speak to Rosa, well, I see blood."
"Blood? Why blood?"
"I don't know, mabey she...I don't know, its just weird." Aman looked down at the ground, "Well lets change the subject. Tell me why you have such and undying hate for the orcs, I mean we all hate them...but you just seemed to have a horrible, bloody past with them."
"My past," SHe paused,"My past is bloody, and ugly. Are you sure you want to know?"
Aman nodded, and leaned forward to hear better.
"It started with my grandmother, she was very well respected amoung a group of Saurons black witches. She and my mother were both deeply involved in the dark arts. They tried and tried to get me to be like them, but it just felt odd being around them. I was scared of them. I could feel their souls turning into a black nothingness." She sighed, "When my grandmother tried to kill my brother, i still dont no why, i watched my father kill her. I saw how she screamed, but she never asked for mercy. She put a curse on him. The curse of the dead. It bound him to rome the earth, after he died, as a searching soul. He had to no where to go. I managed to break that curse, but it cost him his life, and half of my soul.
"After I freed him. My mother left for a year, then came back. She along with my brother were attacked by a group of Sauron's men and orcs. You see, my mother had become a bit softer, not much, but a bit. She thot i was fool for sacraficing part of my soul to save my father. But Sauron thot she would turn. But i knew she wouldn't. I saw the orcs coming, and i wanted to fight. I wanted to kill them. They were the ones who took my little cuzin, and killed him as a sacrafice. The orcs came, and they killed my brother, but my mother managed to kill most of them, before they left. I went to her, and i cried. She yelled at me for that. She said, 'Dont cry child. It's weak, and so is the side of good, they ar Thick as Theives. You may think that Sauron killed me, but it was you child. You could have saved me, YOUR mother, if only you would be like me. Your weak child, weak.' then she died in my arms. I havn't shed one tear since that day." Alateriel Darkstar, for the first time, since that day, she one single tear.
Old 06-06-2002, 06:04 AM   #249
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

Finally, the Bruinen drew in sight of the mounted army. Therin groaned.
'Why do you people ride these confounded beasts? I have sores on the sores on my rear end!!! How can I fight if I have a butt injury?"
"Quit whining, Therin. There will be plenty of orcs to take your mind off of your sores. Everyone, we will wait until nightfall to cross. If your horse isn't battle trained, send it back to Lorien. I don't want to be responsible for the deaths of them."
Old 06-06-2002, 07:38 AM   #250
Daniel Telcontar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Daniel Telcontar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Aduchil ran all he could to help Fea. He barely managed to avoid being killed and reached her. He protected her until she was able to fight again.
"I knew I shouldn't have left you. Are you ready again?"
"I'm fine, thank you. I am ready to fight again. But I am glad that you hadn't gone to far away." Fea replied.
"Me too. I will leave you again, because I think I will be more useful there. But I won't be far away. Remember that if you need me."
"And then you can remember that I will be nearby if you need help."
Aduchil saw that she was seriuos.
"I will bear that in mind."
With those words he walked back and engaged in fighting.
Old 06-06-2002, 09:08 AM   #251
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

It seemed like it took forever for darkness to fall. Elenna could hear some battle noises coming from across the river, and it burned her heart not to be able to charge in and help, but it would place everyone in danger to reveal them at this point. She brushed Celebdae over and over until not a single dust mote clung to his glimmering silver hide, just for something to do.
"Elenna, come and have something to eat. It is going to be a long night." said Glorfindel, coming up next to her with a plate of stew in his hands.
"What would I do without you to take care of me, my love?"
"That's an interesting thought, coming from someone who has made it her job to watch his back." said Therin with a mouthful of food.
"Shut up, Therin" Elenna warned.
"Oh, he's just jealous. He wishes he could have a warrior pretty as you looking out for him." Glorfindel kissed her, then handed her the food, going back to get his own plate. Therin joined them, and for the first time since they had begun to march, Elenna felt like, if she survived, there could be life outside of war.

OOC: We have to stall until Cimm gets back!
Old 06-06-2002, 11:27 AM   #252
Manelwen
Haunting Spirit

Manelwen has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Roaring loudly, Daelothwen raised her double bladed sword over her head, letting the sun bounce off of it and hit the men's sheilds behind her. "Death to the Orc! Carrion fowl! Ride, my soldiers!" She screamed, her horse snorting and pawing at the ground as the army of orc roared and met her.

She galloped down the field, far right from Elenna's army which held the center, her sister, Sillothwen held the left in silver and green banners.

They met like two opposing gusts of wind, and immediatly, Daelothwen slid off of her horse and sliced down the nearest orc. She relished in the sight of it; the sight of the orc blood staining her skin, her armor and her weapon. She met the nearest orc that dared charge her, sliding one sword end through the orc's body. "One down..." She whispered softly as she met another, and another, and another. She lost cound after a while, as the sun rose high in the cerulean skies. "For you my father." Daelothwen said softly as she looked from side to side to see her comrades. They were closing in around the remainder of the forces and it looked like all of the links in the elfish army were perfect and unbreakable.
Old 06-06-2002, 01:33 PM   #253
Alkerin

Pipe

After the two elves and Dwarf finished eating and chatting, Therin said, "Well my friends, this has been a great talk. But for now, I am going to do some scouting around the camp--to make sure there are no orcs around. I'll be back later, don't worry about me." "Are you sure its safe to go alone Therin?" said Glorfindel. "Probably not for anyone other than me, save a few maybe. I will be fine, you two have 'fun' staying here. I'm sure you can figure something out." At that, Therin made a horrible attempt to wink, and Elenna burst out with a, "THERIN!" Therin chuckled, then drew out Dólinstàg and swung it around a bit as to warm up. Then he drew the hood on his Dwarven cloak over his head, and was off.

Therin roamed about the outskirts of camp a bit, and then ventured a bit further. He observed many things about the positions of the orcs. He saw the main arrangement of the orcish army from some fires that were lit, and as he watched he discovered a small company (of about 12) very large orcs near the perimeter of the camp. It seemed as if they had been placed there either as scouts, or for an ambush. Before these orcs could even draw their weapons 5 orcs laid headless and 1 without an arm. Within a few seconds all the orcs had fallen. At that, Therin head back for Elenna and Glorfindel.

Therin arrived back with Elenna and Glorfindel without being noticed, and seemed to have surprised the two very much--especially with the fact that his clothes, and his axe had fresh blood on them. "What happened!?" exclaimed Elenna. "I scouted out the area, and I know the general placement of the orcish army. I ran into a small company of orcs on the south side of our camp. I guess that they were sent there as either scouts, or for an ambush in the night. Nevertheless, they cease to exist." replied Therin. "Therin I do not know what we would do without you." said Elenna. "Lets get some rest then. Tomorrow is going to be a rough day."

Old 06-06-2002, 04:56 PM   #254
Shadow_Staar
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Ala and Aman sat waiting in the tree, it was pitch black, and the moon did not favor them this night.
"Ala, are you ok? You havn't spoken for about 5 hours."
"Ya, Im ok, thanx for listening to my lovly lifes history." Ala cracked a smile.
"It's way to dark, I cant see a thing." Aman squinted in the dark. But Ala came to her rescue but burning a small flame in the palm of her hand.
"Thanx. I can actually see you now."
"Well, not for long. I'm gonna go scout out some orc. Just to make sure none try to attack us tonite." With that she jumped out of the tree before Aman could protest.
Ala pulled her cloak up over head, so she moved and looked like a shadow in the trees.
She put out the fire, and cast a small spell on her eyes, so she could see in the dark. She went into "Stealth Mode" and went to check on the horses. She counted them, and they were all there. She turned her head at a sound that came from her right. She slowly creeped in that direction, and saw a figure cross the grass. She snuck up behind it and put it in a headlock before it new what happened.
"Who are you? You are no orc?" Ala held her sword to his throat.
"I am Calenephel, remember i save your life today?"
"Ah, yes, to that i am deeply greatful."
"Now, could you ah, let me go?"
"Oops, ya sry." ALa blushed, but then composed herself,"May i ask what you are doing out this late?"
"I could ask you the same, but i am scouting, there is a small band of like 7 orcs over about those trees, see to the left?"
"Yes, i see, i am doin the same."
"Well then shall we go kill us some orc?"
"Ofcourse. Got your bow?" She pulled hers out, and he did the same. They quietly made their way to were the orcs were. She let loose an arrow, and one orc went down. Calenephel let one go, 2 orcs down five to go. The other 5 didnt even notice the 2 were dead. Calen and Ala killed them effortlessly.
"Well, shall we go back?" He offered her his arm, which she took, and they walked back.
"So, tell me Calenephel, were are you from?"
"Please, call me Calen." He asked."I came from Mirkwood, but i mostly travel. I try to learn things, about war, and weapontry."
"Mirkwood? I've been there a few times."
"I'm surprised, i didn't see you. I dont how i could miss such beauty." Calen stopped and kissed her hand.
"Now is not the time, No matter how nice or handsome you may be. We have a war to fight." She sighed and continued walking, he caught up with her.
"Yes, I agree." They walked on in silence, and she took his arm. They finally arrived were Aman was stationed in her tree.
"Well i will leave you now, milady Alateriel." He spoke in a whisper.
"Thanx again." She smiled, and he kissed her hand, and they said goodnight. She climbed the tree, and sat next to Aman.
"I see you have an admirerer." Aman said with hinting in her voice.
"Whatever...Even tho he is cute..."

[ June 06, 2002: Message edited by: Shadow_Staar ]
Old 06-07-2002, 11:10 AM   #255
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

Elenna giggled. Glorfindel, who had his arm around her, looked at her in surprise.
"What's so funny?"
"Ala found a new love interest. Apparently they bonded over a gang of orcs."
"Ala? The anti-romantic Ala that I know all too well? SHE found someone?"
"Oh, be quiet. She isn't completely anti romantic. If she were, she would have set you on fire."
"Could that just be because she likes you? Anyway, why does she hate me so much?"
"She and I were both born to, well, ordinary families. Her family was very much aware of what they lacked in position and wealth, so they turned to Sauron. She doesn't like you because she doesn't think you have ever had to struggle for anything in your life. She doesn't understand why you would waste your time with a girl like me."
"Yes, that does sound like Ala. I'm not wasting my time. Somebody has to look out for you. Why are you wasting YOUR time with me?"
"Well, before I met you, I couldn't tell a sword from a bow. Plus I love you. Good enough reasons?"
"Perfect. I love you too." They kissed, and Therin, who had been sitting nearby, groaned loudly.
"If you aren't embarrassing each other, you might have some compassion towards ME! It was bad enough listening to you, without having to watch you too." Elenna laughed again and threw a chunk of earth at him half-heartedly.
"You'd change your tune if Rosa Baggins ever indicated any interest in your direction. You'd melt like butter, oh tough and grim one."

OOC: somebody do something! Where is Nev and the Nazgul? I need a battle! SOON!!!!!!

[ June 07, 2002: Message edited by: Elenna ]
Old 06-07-2002, 11:20 AM   #256
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

Fëa was sitting in Aman's tree, a branch above her.

"So the famous Alateriel has an admirer..." Fëa said.

"Shut Up Fëa. You know Aduchil likes you!" Ala raised her eyebrows when she said that.

"Your right. And I like him too." Fëa stuck her tounge out.

"People! People! This is War! We can't think of love right now!" Aman yelled.

"Shhhh! You said that so loud that Eru and Manwe could here you!" Fëa said.

"Whatever!" Aman jumped up and pushed Fëa, and she fell of her branch. Fëa grabbed the branch and jumped back up and sat down.

"I'll get you for that.." Fëa chuckled.
Old 06-07-2002, 11:49 AM   #257
Daniel Telcontar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Aduchil came out of nowhere.
"How long have you been listening?" Aman questioned.
"Don't worry, I barely heard a thing. I was actually passing through."
"Yeah right." Aman shook her head.
"You should try a more positive attitude, Aman. I heard your last words, and with all respect, I think you are wrong. In war, love is of the greatest importance. How can we hope for a better future, when all around is is death, if we do not remember love? It is my love for my foster father Elrond that keeps my fighting even when all my strength is gone."
With those words he left, leaving them all puzzled, but a few of them wiser.
Old 06-07-2002, 12:52 PM   #258
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

Elenna frowned thoughtfully. Aduchil's words, practically shouted at her from Aman's mind, made sense. In the time that she had been in Lorien and riding back to Rivendell, she had thought about her reasons for fighting a lot. At first, she had only wanted revenge on Azruk, but no longer. She understood now that her revenge took second place to the fact that now, she was fighting for people that she loved and a place that she loved. Glorfindel, Elrond, Rivendell. Those were her reasons. Aman, Ala, Rosa, Therin. These were the things worth fighting for.
"I don't need you getting philosophical on me, Elenna. All I need is a fighter." said Aman, thoroughly disgruntled.
"Oh, Aman...I left a rather interesting young elf commanding the army that is walking. His name is Lindir. Dark haired, tall. You should meet him!" Elenna covered her ears as an earsplitting round of curses entered her mind.
Old 06-07-2002, 01:21 PM   #259
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Sting

"In war, love is of the greatest importance. How can we hope for a better future, when all around is is death, if we do not remember love? It is my love for my foster father Elrond that keeps my fighting even when all my strength is gone."
Aman glared after the good looking elf and twitched her fingers slightly, and sure enough the elf tripped slightly over a tree root. She smiled to herself and tried to ignore the looks of Fea, Ala AND Elenna. She squirmed slightly."What?"
She heard Elennas thoughts, now turned to love, loud and clear, her senses in mind bonds much stronger than her friend.
"Ms Starsong, dont you go all philosophical on me as well! All I need is a fighter!"
Elenna told her friend about Lindir while trying to keep a straight face. Her friend sent a round of curses into her mind and she pretended to be suitably shocked.
"Amanaduial, there are orcs who would be shocked to hear that! As one with the blessing of the Valar, i wouldnt expect that of you!"
"As one blessed by the Valar, I have the advantage of saying it and getting a godspoken forgiveness in one breath!"
Elenna laughed."I havent heard words like that since you and Arwens brothers had that competition, with them against you and..and..my sister..."
Aman winced, sensing the sore point and got the flash of Thrakatburzs projected memory of the poor young girl.She replied more quietly. "Now that was a love worth saving. Family love."
"You think new love cannot be created?"
"Hey now, I never said that! Fine!" She feigned a sigh and carried on with a smile. "Now the rest of the crew think Im mad and sad, talking and laughing to myself, you may as well make yourself more clear about this Lindir..."
Her friend chuckled. "Im getting all my witches paired of now arent I, Queen Frigid?"

OCC; Just like to say that this is my 300th post, so I think a blossoming love is no bad thing to celebrate!
Old 06-07-2002, 05:11 PM   #260
Shadow_Staar
Haunting Spirit

Sting

"Are you talking to Elenna?"
"Yes. Elenna what did you say?" Aman was talkin to 2 people, and she didn't like it.
"Hey can i talk to her?" Ala asked with a smile.
"Yah." Ama sighed and Ala grabbed her hand, and she instantly heard Elennas voice.
"And tell her that i said hi and-" But Elenna was cut off by Ala, "Hey Elenna!!"
"TIRI!! Ok, so tell me whats up with this guy of yours?" Aman sighed, and closed her eyes, as the two very excited females talked.
After about 3 minutes, Calen and another archer went running past.
"Orcs, about 100 over to the west!" Calen shouted, but with a smile at Ala.
"Aww, you have to go. Well go kick some Orc butt for me will you?" Elenna asked.
"Ofcourse." And the conection was cut. Ala and Aman and Fea jumped out of the tree, and raced ofter the few archers that were going to fight.
OCC: This mite be my last post for about 2 weeks, [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] so dont do nething to excting without me...k? Ü

[ June 07, 2002: Message edited by: Shadow_Staar ]
Old 06-07-2002, 06:44 PM   #261
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Sting

Elenna groaned as she lost contact with Tiri and had to return to her own little world of waiting.
"So...what's happening with your friends?" Therin asked.
"How did you know I was talking to them?"
"You get a very glazed expression in those blue eyes of yours. So, what is going on?"
"100 orcs. Apparently, Azruk hasn't realized that there are snipers in the trees. Either that or he doesn't care."
"So what are we waiting for? Let's go and help them!"
"We can't. If we announce our presence now, we cannot have a battle on our terms. Many lives would be needlessly lost."
"I hate waiting." the dwarf grumbled gruffly.
"So do I, my friend. So do I."

OOC: And I do too. Where is Cimm when you need him?
Old 06-08-2002, 05:21 AM   #262
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Lindir Starsong turned his horse slightly to look the small crowd of elves coming after him and despite his patient nature, he sighed quietly.
"Come friends, we are almost there!" He called to them, trying not to sound so timid.
"Almost where boy?" An irritated voice that Lindir didnt recognise came from the crowds as they struggled up the slope. Lindir gulped uncertainly and started thinking fast.
"Why...to Lady Elennas camp of course! She is waiting for us!" He knew he sounded nowhere near as confident as he would have liked. The dark haired elf remembered the moment when Lady Elenna had left him in charge.
The exasperated commander had turned to face him."You. What's your name?"
"I am Lindir, my lady." the young elf had replied, a little overwhelmed that the Lady had noticed him.
"You are in charge of those we leave behind. Don't exhaust them, but hurry. We will need you soon."

The elf smiled to himself; why had Elenna gone for him? He turned his startlingly blue eyes towards the group now assembled at the top of the hill. "Of course. She chose me simply because there was no need to choose anyone with talent...or anything..."
"Im sorry Lindir, I missed that. What did you say?" An elf beside the crestfallen Lindir questioned and Lindir realised what a fool he must look. Turning away so his blush would not show on his pale cheeks, looking instead to the way they were going.
"Its nothing...I-I was just..." Suddenly his eyes widened in shock as he looked backwards and saw a camfire. Smiling and glad for a distraction he turned back to the elves.
"We-we are actually almost there! See- a camfire! Come on, we can pick up the pace a bit!" He urged his horse into a faster trot, amnd the inspired elves behind him followed him...little did they know how far of course they were...
Old 06-08-2002, 11:35 AM   #263
Daniel Telcontar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Aduchil quietly continued his scouting. He had killed a few orcs, but he knew the battle had not begun. Elenna was waiting, to avoid the trap that the foul Uruk leader no doubt had made. But where was the rest of the army. Elenna had left a young elf in charge, but Aduchil had seen no trace of them. Although he was not the best tracker, even he would have noticed something. If the orcs attacked now, before the army had assembled and a battleplan could be made, they could easily be defeated. He continued his search with an uneasy heart.
Old 06-10-2002, 10:51 AM   #264
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

Elenna stood by a table in her tent, staring at a map of the Rivendell area, waiting for some sort of inspiration to strike. Therin and Glorfindel stood next to her. They had been at this for several hours, with no solution in sight.
"Well, we can't stay here. That's for sure. Azruk is not stupid. He knows how to use those trees to his advantage better than we did." Elenna clenched her fist and slammed it on the table. "I just don't know what to do! I have never had to plan to attack something, just defend!"
"Calm down, lass. Go to sleep. You'll just wear yourself out going on like this."
"You're probably right, Therin. Let's all get some sleep." Elenna walked outside and spread a blanket down upon a hillside. Her last thought before falling asleep was "I wonder what my sister would say if she saw what I have become." In her mind, she saw Lalaith's grin, heard her laugh and say "El, stop taking yourself so seriously! Loosen up! What is meant to be will be, and it doesn't make any sense to worry about it!"

Elenna fell asleep with a smile on her lips, not realizing that this was the first time she had thought of her sister without pain.

OOC: I thought Cimm got back yesterday! Where is he?
Old 06-11-2002, 03:01 PM   #265
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

"Let me just get this straight, right...we have been waiting in a tree for more than 2 hours when Aduhil alerts us. As we are just racing off, we realise they are coming our way and what do we do? We decide to prepare an ambush. fine, fine...but why in another TREE?"
Ala grinned at Amans impatience as they sat in yet another tree, waiting for the orcs or uruk coming along the road. Aman comtinued, more out of boredom than anything else. "I mean, why bother to get out of the tree in thr first place? Hey, maybe were cursed...thats it, of all the the curses we could have had, we ended up with the curse of everlasting trees!"
"Ill bring you closer to nature in a moment...hey, maybe sitting on the ground would make you closer to it hmmm?" Ala replied, and Aman pushed her jokily. "Ha! Right Ill get you for that push; go on... tell us about this Lindir of yours..."
Aman laughed and Fea sat up, coming out of her depression. "Oooh, this sounds interesting Aman- go on!"
"Ok leave it OK? My Lindir? I avent even met hi-" She stopped as they heard the heavy tramp of hobnailed boots on the ground near them. Aman drew out her sais, Aduchil and Fea drew their swords and Ala wnt straight for sparking fire from her hands for a flame attack.
"Methinks we are about to be ridded of the dreaded curse of the tree..." Aduchil whispered as they prepared to leap down.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Lindir soon realised something was not right as he looked towards the camp. Maybe it was the crude way the tents were put up...or the foul slabs of meat over the fire...or suddenly he noticed quite cooly, the large orc coming out of a tent.
If there was one thing the elegant elf had always been able to do, it was keep his head and help others keep theirs. The others murmered with fear behind him but he turned his head to them and all observed his calm face.
"Ah!" He said, still in his placid voice. "Though I do not have a death wish, methinks these creatures do." He looked at the distance to the camp. Still qyite a way off, the orc a little stick thing. He swallowed. They had time.
"Let us alert Elenna at once!" With that he turned and with controlled panic to the map reader. "Look at that map and get us to Elennas camp. Really fast would be good!" With that he turned to see the orcs pointing and gulped.
"Speed freinds speed!" Although his voice was calm, he was terrified inside and wheeled his horse around to gallop in th dirction the map reader pointed, the elves streaming steadily behind him
Old 06-12-2002, 07:56 AM   #266
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

Fëa decided thst she could kill many more orcs and Uruk with her bow and arrows. She saw them martching swiftly towards them. "Ready Arms!" Ala said.

"Aduchil, good luck!" She gave him a quick hug.

"You to Fëa! Let's kill some of those evil things! You better kill alot of 'em! You are the experienced warrior, anyway..." Aduchil laughed a little.
Old 06-12-2002, 08:03 AM   #267
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

It was nearly dawn when Elenna heard hoofbeats coming closer and closer to camp. Leaping up, she grabbed her sword from its scabbard next to her and stood, ready for anything. Behind her, she heard the rest of the camp also awake, prepared to do battle. Then the young elf who had been keeping sentry came up to her.
"My lady, it is Lindir and the rest of the army! They say they have seen orcs!"
"Thank Elbereth! They made it! Tell Lindir I wait for him in my tent, along with Therin and Glorfindel. We'll want a full report."
Old 06-14-2002, 02:43 PM   #268
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Lindir knelt before Elenna, breathing heavily. She blushed slightly, trying to bring him up as quickly as possible.
"Lady Elenna-" He began before she stopped him.
"Please. Less of the Lady! What have you seen?"
"L- I mean Elenna, we saw an orc camp a few miles from here. Id say maybe 200, 250 orcs there." The elf swayed slightly. He ached all over from riding so hard. Elenna cursed quietly under her breath and Lindirs eyebrows rose slightly. Elenna glared at him and he stopped, smiling slightly. Suddenly he stopped as he heard something in his head.
"Amanaduial....i will find you....i will come through your friends and allies-"
"Lindir are you OK?"
Lindir shook his head. The voice he had heard...it had been so hard and cold...he shivered at the thought and turned back to Elenna. Guessing telling her he was hearing strange voices in his head was not the best idea, he shook his head at her.
"Nothing L- Elenna. Shall I get the army ready to ride again?"
Elenna looked at him, worried about his bemused worried and not to mention tired look, before nodding slowly.
"Yes we shall meet up withy Amanaduial. I here they need her."
"Amanaduial?" The elf questioned Elenna on the name. She smiled slightly, remembering what she had said to Aman.
"A witch. A very nice witch though..." She added hurriedly at his cautious expression. "I shall tell you more as we ride. Im guessing you will be riding beside me?"
Lindirs eyes widened and he looked down to try and hide his face. The leader of Rivendells army was asking him to ride with her as a commander.
"I would be honoured L- erm, Elenna!"
Old 06-15-2002, 02:13 AM   #269
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Cimmerian has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Cimmerian
Sting

The air reeked of a familiar and welcoming stench as Azruks eyes lit up. War!
His spies reported the amassing of elven armies by the far end of the Bruinin. A few days ago Azruk discovered that Elrond, the lord of rivendell was a captive under his very nose. Thrakatburz had an agenda unknown to him. She was quite the schemer... all the more reason to have her company.

After having his fun with Elrond, who was now a beaten and broken elf, hardly recognisable, Azruk set off to marshall his troops. The vast army was fresh and ready for battle. They would enjoy spilling more elf-blood again. The Bruinin would run red in elfblood. More power to the Uruks.

The Nazgul commander appeared to have suffered a defeat at the early attack, but no matter the war was his to win. Uruk archers armed the walls and makeshift towers as hordes of orcs prepared to stem the elf assault.

Thrakatburz was again nowhere to be seen. But it didn't matter, she was not needed in the heat of battle, but better suited at other engagements.

The giant Kurhg led the orcs on the ground, as the other Uruks on horseback were ever at the ready. Azruk sipped wine and eagerly anticipated the attack from the elves. Lothlorien can wait, he would enjoy crushing Elenna and her forces once again. His dark eyes gleamed in the firelight. War!
Old 06-15-2002, 04:13 AM   #270
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

The elf slipped down the tree, her black hair flowing over her slim tall form. She stood in front of the startled band of orc scouts and saw they were pulling a cart covered with a large stained cloth.
"Thrakatburz..." A few of the orcs drew their swords uncertainly in front of the one they saw to be their ruthless witch leader. Inwardly Aman flinched at the name under her disguise of her enemy. It had been Aduchils idea, and she had to admit it was a good one, but she still wasnt comfortable with it. However she had to keep it up...
"Put ure blades down fools!" She snapped at them. "You know what I can do without a weapon at all." She raised her arms threateningly and the dim orcs huriedly put down their swords. Aman tried to stop the feeling of enjoyment coming over her.
"What is in your cart? Show it to me." She commanded. The orcs hesitated. Obviously something very precious was under there for them to question her. She took a step forward and the orcs tried to stand their ground.
"Show it to me!" She hissed at the lead orc. He gulped before replying.
"No." Aman felt not the slightest bit of remorse as she raised her arms. Then she ducked as 3 elvsih arrows flew from the tree straight and true into 3 orcs hearts. They fell without a sound and Aman turned around the tree as the other ran over. They stepped over the bodies to the cart. Dreading what could be hidden there, Aman and Ala drew back the blanket with a flourish. The others gasped and fell to their knees, but Fea rushed forwards to whatever was in the cart. The witches exchanged glances and came around from the blanket to see the broken and unconcious form in the cart.
"Lord Elrond...." Aman breathed quietly
Old 06-15-2002, 12:40 PM   #271
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

OoC- Im going on a trip until June 24. I wont be able to post here until then. Dont do nuttin fun wit out me! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img], BtW wherez Celeb?

Fëa saw that her father was in the cart, unconcouis(sp?). "Ahhh! Father!" She broke down into the cart, crying. His blood stained her battle clothes. "No! They couldn't of took the Ring of Water! No..."
Old 06-15-2002, 04:24 PM   #272
Shadow_Staar
Haunting Spirit

Sting

OOC: OK guys i found a comp. So i am gonna post...hehe

"OH dear god!" Ala covered her mouth, and looked at Aman.
"We have to heal him, we have to!" Aman shouted.
"Shh, keep your voice down." Ala told her friend, "Tell Elenna we have him, and tel her to get here as quick as she can. Also Fea, tell the Archers not to disturb me and Aman. Tonite we are going to heal Lord Elrond. Calen, Please carry him our tree and place him on the ground. You men, go get us some Oak leaves, and a pitcher of water. You over there, go get me 11 small round stones, and you, go get some Basil." Ala took the shaken Aman by the arm, and led her to were Lord Elrond laid.
"Elenna, we have Elrond. He is badly beaten and we are going to heal him tonite-" Aman was cut off by Ala, and Ala started to talk.
"ELENNA!! GET YOUR BUTT HERE RIGHT NOW!! WE NEED YOUR HELP!!!"
"Ala, I'm coming, chill out, we are setting out. I have to go. I will see you guys later. Oh, and don't kill yourselves trying to heal him. I mean it, i cant loose 2 witched." With that the connection was cut.

[ June 15, 2002: Message edited by: Shadow_Staar ]
Old 06-15-2002, 09:30 PM   #273
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

Fëa wiped the tears from her eyes and went and told the archers not to bother Aman and Ala. She then walked to the tree where Calen set Lord Elrond. She started to cry again. Aduchil wasn't far away, and her rode up. "Fëa, what are you doing??" Aduchil chuckled a little.
"Aduchil, my father is seriously hurt. Aman and Ala are going to try to heal him, but I don't think it's going to work..." She jumped in Aduchil's arms. He craddled her like a baby.
"Shhh Laicawen.{green maiden.} They're witches. They can heal him." Fëa buried her head in Aduchil's shoulder and shook{sp?} her head slowly.
"Look at me. He will be alright."
Fëa wiped her face and moved up against a tree, looking at her father. Aduchil came up beside her and gave her a hug.

OoC- im gonna be gone until june 24th, so i wont post till then. Dont do nuttin excitin without me! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-16-2002, 04:59 AM   #274
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

"We need the four elements. We have earth- the stones, water- in the pitcher, air- well thats easy....fire!Where will we get fi- sorry Ala, stupid mistake." Aman smiled despite everything. "Oh, and fine metal." She produced her sais.
Lowering her voice Aman spoke so no-one but ala could hear her. "I dont mean to worry you, but this isnt technically just healing magic."
"Point?" Ala was impatient. Aman bit her lip. "Well, technically this is, er, Necromancery."
Ala went very pale. "Hes dead?"
"Pretty much. You Ok with that?" Ala gave a short hard laugh. "Do you forget which side my mother was on, and that she was the one who taught me!"
Aman flinched but didnt question her friend. Quietly she started speaking. Even Ala could hardly hear her, but she knew with a shiver what she was doing; intoning spirits of dead...
Old 06-16-2002, 11:31 AM   #275
Nevtalathiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nevtalathiel has just left Hobbiton.
White-Hand

Thrakatburz walked stealthily through the wood surrounding the orc camp. She had been busy for the last few days planning the battle. Azruk had been glad of the information about the number of elves and their tactics, which she had been able to glean from Amanaduial's mind. She laughed lightly as she thought of how easy it had been to get in and see the world through the other's eyes.
She felt the prickle of dark magic on her porcelain skin and a thirll ran through her limbs. A wry smile spread across her face, the elf's toy witch was near and Thrakatburz was ready to finish what they had started. Abandonning her search, she closed her eyes and allowed the magic to flow over her, turning her towards its source. Her eyes snapped open and inside them a new fire burned. Quickly but quietly, she stalked towards the magic, adopting as she did an invisibility which would make her seem like a cold breeze to the untrained eye. Thrakatburz knew the other witch would be able to see her, but from the strength of the magic, Aman's concentration would be focused on her task.
Thrakatburz knew she was getting close, not only by the almost visible magic, but by the elevn archers sitting idly in the trees. Huddling below one opf the trees was a group of elves, Aman among them, chanting quietly. Stepping closer, Thrakatburz saw they were huddled around the crushed body of Elrond. They had regained their lord, but she did not need him any longer. She knew where the ring of water was hidden. Laughing mirthlessly, she stepped into the huddle.
Old 06-16-2002, 01:41 PM   #276
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

The army was moving again. Lindir and Glorfindel rode on either of Elenna's sides, Lindir plainly starstruck. He nearly fell off his horse every time she looked at him or spoke to him. The elves were going to attack Rivendell from the sides, not from the Bruinen. They forded it carefully, the wate becoming quiescent when it felt the Elven horses walking through it. Therin shivered.

"I just...don't like water. Is that a problem?"

"Yes, it is. Hold on tight." Therin gripped her waist hard, his armor digging into her back. Elenna spurred Celebdae on, getting to the other side quickly. "We have to hurry. Lord Elrond has been found, and we have some fighting to do."

Ick. I'm typing from my grandmother's MAC. No wonder I hate these things!
Old 06-16-2002, 02:12 PM   #277
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Sting

"Morning Amanaduial. Nice day to regain a lord eh?"
Aman stiffened, the chant freezing on her lips. Elrond groaned softly as she stopped and Ala looked up, but carried on chanting.
"Ah so hes even alive now? Well well little toy, you are doing well-"
She was cut off as Aman spun around and hit her hard on the jaw. Despite herself, the elegant witch staggered backwards and fell to the ground. She touched her mouth and felt the blood there but Aman didnt even smile, her face pale as she stood abve the dark witch on the ground.
"Who is thi-" Ala started to stand, bringing the chant to a halt.
"Keep the chant going!" Aman cut off Ala desperatly and Thrakatburz smiled as she stood, grabbing the younger witches wrist to stop her swinging again.
"Ah Amanaduial, glad to see whos in charge here...or can I call you Aman?"
"You can call me nothing for out of your lips it is soiled!" Amans reply came
back hard and cold and her eyes began to burn with silver fire again, as Thrakats did with black. Ala kept the chant going, almost finished, but her eyes flicked wildly from one witch to the other.

Elenna there is a problem.....can any of you use simple elf magic?
There may be a few....
You will need it. Thrakatburz has made a barrier against sight-

Aman was cut off as she felt the steel of Thrakats thoughts press suffocatingly against hers. Brutally she thrust out, making a sword with her mind and felt the witch reel back in surprise. She regained her composure quickly.
"So my child...have you had time to think about my offer...?" She purred silkily...

-------------------------------------------

"AH!" Lindir reeled backwards nearly falling of his horse as the force of something in his mind hit him. Glorfindel grabbed him.
"Hey, you Ok?" Elennas worried face peered at him.
The raven haired elf remembered the voice again, hitting with such force against his mind; what was it? He shook his head at Elenna, trying to convince himself he was strong enough to fight this....
Old 06-16-2002, 02:19 PM   #278
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

Elenna assisted Lindir back onto his horse. He wasn't physically harmed, it seemed, but he kept rubbing his forehead, looking extremely confused.

"Aman, what is going on with him? Can you tell?" she thought to her friend, feeling exhaustion and pain in her mind. "Are you all right?"

Aman, I CAN do it, but I'm not good. How bout Lindir can?
Old 06-17-2002, 11:11 AM   #279
Rosa_Baggins
Wight

Rosa_Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"AMAN!"Rosa screamed asshe suddenly sat up in her bed.The dreams had become mor frequent as the nigh grew on.Still horrible nightmares of deaths and killings of her friends in the shire and here.A tears welled up in her red eyes and ran down her cheeks.
She turned to the orc draught by her bed.It had been so long since she found it and the temptation increased rapidly though the weeks.She reached out for it with a small hand and grabbed it in her parm, tightly.The smell was overwelming as she pulled the cap off but she didnt care and soon sh brought the draught to her lips and drank it.
Old 06-17-2002, 05:30 PM   #280
Alkerin

Pipe

"Elenna, there is something I need to tell you." said Therin sollumly. "A message has arrived from my people at the Lonely Mountain. He says that things are amiss, and something strange has been stumbled apon in the mines. Bottom line, they need me to be there."

"But Therin! We need you here! How are we going to protect Rivendell without the Dwarves!?"

"I know, I want to stay here but my people are in need. I will leave a regiment of Dwarves with you. I trust there leader very much, his name is Pundin. I believe without a doubt that you will succeed here."

"I understand that you have obligations to your people. I will miss you very much Therin." said Elenna, as she began to cry.

"I know it will be tough without me around here. I am very glad that we have become such close friends. I will return once things are normal again at the Lonely Mountain. I have a gift for you, that may be of some assistance from your Therin-withdrawl-symptoms." said Therin, chuckling slightly. At that, Therin pulled out a round stone about the size of a softball.

"Is that what I think it is!?" cried Elenna. "A palantir? No, a Dwarf would never use one of those things. But the concept is similar. I have one just like it, and we can use this to communicate while I'm gone. I have grown to like the company of all these fine folk, and will miss them much while I am gone. I will return as soon as I can. Make sure Rosa stays safe while I'm gone, Ok?" Elenna agreed, and at this Therin embraced Elenna, and was gone.