Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-01-2003, 04:01 AM   #281
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

I am putting a save spot on the game for Khasia, her post is about half written and I will try to get it up tomorrow *glances at clock* er, today... but no guarantees [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] *sighs* due to unforseeable circumstances I have less internet access than I thought I would.

As for the final outcome, Aylwen, I believe that Ralah was one of the younger children killed or rescued by Jamilah. She was very young, in all likelihood she is no longer with the rebels. Narisa could live or could die. She isn't the best fighter, I wouldn't think, so it wouldn't be unforseeable for her to die.

I would think that Uri would live, he is rather like Najah in my mind. I would say Nasir dies, probably.

Khasia I would really like to live, apart from catastrophe. She will want to join the priesthood.

Sophia
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Old 08-01-2003, 06:35 AM   #282
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

ok, sorry about the wait, but my saved post is finally up.

I have saved a spot for Ghurdans return, I will have him return during the meeting of the converts. I should be able to get online tonight and put my post up, even if I have to physically kick my husband off. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I am fine with Ghurdan being killed, as he would be a dangerous character to let live, [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] plus it would add to the fact that Saurons promises are all empty. At the death of Ghurdan I forsee The great eye abandoning Ghurdan and switching to Zasfal as he overcomes his fear and finally prove himself in battle.

Durelin never mind my pm. It looks like we think alike, I was wanting Ghurdan to be a part of Thorgoms punnishment, but when I read Helka's post with Sammael the Idea of a mutiny occured to me aswell [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]. Zasfal might be useful here as he is loyal to Ghurdan and Thorgom has shown pity on the young man, and he would be more than pleased to get one up on Sammael [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2003, 12:56 PM   #283
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Hey hey! I'm back- for less than a day- and I'll post later. Sammael wouldn't mutiny, BUT if you want the storyline just make it a misunderstanding and accuse him of it anyway. As for dying... killing Essenia, Damodred or both is fine. I have plans for Sammael. Of course since lots of people seem to be volunteering to die, killing neither of those two would be OK if you want.
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 08-01-2003, 01:21 PM   #284
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

In advance memoriam - does this look alright with all of you?

Lyra[*]Essenia[*]Damodred

Nerindel[*]Ghurdan

Aylwen & Sophia[*]Nasir [*]Narisa[*]Tajir

Pio[*]Husam – Qirfah’s husband[*]Ismat - elder of the Grey Parrot clan[*]Faruq – Baobab leader – elder of the Wind Scorpion clan[*]+ 12 of the unnamed Baobab tribesmen

Ealasaid[*]Ishak[*]Adhem[*]Yusef

Durelin[*]Sevorin[*]Rahvin[*]Thorgom[*]Naramarth
Old 08-01-2003, 02:52 PM   #285
Ealasaid
Wight

Ealasaid has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
Ealasaid

Ishak

Adhem

Yusef
You can add a percentage of unnamed Painted Sand tribesmen to my list. I haven't figured out exactly how many yet.
Old 08-01-2003, 02:56 PM   #286
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

Change of plans - Thorgom isn't going to die. Helka wishes has told me that he does not wish for him to die, and actually had a plan for him, so I will just toddle off to PM Nerindel about it.

The mutiny will still work, it's just that we can't kill Thorgom. I have an idea that might work well with Helka's, so don't worry! (if you even care...) [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Anyways... Pio, I plan that Sevora will meet with the tribe elders after figuring out what these younglings are and where they stand. She will not listen to Jasara's assurance that the elders will have nothing to do with the Eye and the Priesthood, though she will doubt that they will willingly pledge their lives to the Eye. Still...she hopes to meet with them on peaceful terms, to sort of see what she is up against, among other things... Does that make sense? Really, I just want the Priestesses to sort of 'interact' with the tribesmen elders... How interesting that will be! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Sophia and Nerindel - No worries with the posting! It is moving kinda slow right now...so you aren't missing much!

Lyra - Thankyou for returning so you could sacrifice two of your characters! You are too kind! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2003, 05:58 PM   #287
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

I know. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] When will this mutiny be happening? I don't even know why I'm asking since I won't be back for a week and then it might have already happened. Sorry, I'm rambling but it's 1 in the morning. Could this go in one of the save spots please?

YOUR POST HAS BEEN PLACED ON THE GAME ~~ PIO

Quote:
“…I never saw her again”

Sammael laughed loudly at the Thorgom’s story- perhaps louder than it deserved. The man was, to say the least, odd but certainly better company than Zasfal who was currently looking daggers at the pair of them. Essenia had not spoken a word for hours, maybe worn out by her uncharacteristic whole sentences earlier. The man sitting perched on the cart in front of him had helped to make the journey slightly more bearable, but now Sammael was ready to drop. His laughs were forced now, and came out in rasping gasps. It had been three hours since he himself told a story, and even Zasfal had stopped moaning as breath became more and more laboured.

With a jerk that knocked Sammael off his feet the cart stopped. Struggling to regain his feet Sammael felt himself pulled up by Thorgom. He smiled thanks at the tribesman, who grinned back then turned to Zasfal who was still trying to stand. Sammael panted quietly, hoping against hope that they had reached the end of the day’s march. Rahvin approached the cart, and instinctively Sammael tried to breathe quieter and more evenly, straightening his back and trying to look calm and collected. He did not know if he fooled the man- likely not- but the pretence made him feel better. Rahvin cut first his, then Zasfal’s ropes silently, sheathed his knife and began to walk away. Resisting the temptation to rub his sore wrists as Zasfal was, Sammael called out.

“Will the punishment continue tomorrow?”

The faintest vestige of a sardonic smile crossed Rahvin’s face as he turned back to face Sammael, but not a word passed his lips. Muttering, Sammael kicked the cart, unsettling Thorgom as he did so. Smiling he offered the man his hand, but winced as he grabbed it. Pain shot through his fingers to his neck. Gingerly he picked up his bags from the wagon and walked to a suitable tent site.

With a grimace he saw Thorgom follow him, but then felt ungrateful and welcomed him with a smile. Over his shoulder he saw Zasfal watching him malevolently, obviously still blaming him for being punished. As some sort of defiance- although he knew not what, unless it was to make Zasfal jealous of his contentment- he began talking loudly and cheerfully to Throgom.

Without the distraction of being dragged along by a cart, he began for the first time to wonder seriously where Damodred was. He hoped they had not chosen him for punishment, because he suddenly realised that that would upset him. It was far easier to appreciate the old man when he was not around looking sourly at him.

No wonder these people think I’m soft,
Sammael thought with a sigh.

Thorgom looked at him quizzically. The story he was in the middle of telling obvgiously had no need of a sigh. With a grunt of apology Sammael collapsed on the ground, where a sort of sleep washed over him.
[ August 02, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 08-02-2003, 07:51 AM   #288
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Arien
Question

I will be away from tomorrow until Wednesday. I realise that this will probably be during the whole fight, but if you could put in two or three SAVE’s in for me then that would be helpful, or I could just post them to Pio and she could paste them in. Whatever works.

Arien
Old 08-04-2003, 09:03 AM   #289
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

Quote:
Change of plans - Thorgom isn't going to die. Helka wishes has told me that he does not wish for him to die, and actually had a plan for him, so I will just toddle off to PM Nerindel about it.
Durelin I haven't got this pm,is their a problem, oh wait I'll just check that my box is not full [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 08-05-2003, 02:58 AM   #290
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

There are 2 weeks left to the end date for this game.

On August 19, Midnight, Pacific Time U.S., the Game will close.

So, we need to move on now to the Priestess coming to sound out the tribesmen. And then we need to begin the skirmish which will occur.

~~ Pio, Shire Moderator
Old 08-06-2003, 06:52 PM   #291
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

The Game is set to end on 08/19 – 11 days from today.

Here is what needs to happen:

Durelin: Sevora needs to send an envoy to the tribesmen stating what she wishes from them – Preferably by tomorrow, real time – or by Friday, 08/08, at the latest.

Ealasaid and I will write posts considering the offer and refuse them ala Gandalf refusing the terms of the Mouth of Sauron. (I can do that this weekend and save a space for Ealasaid if needed.)

Sevorah’s troops should then withdraw a little and make plans to crush us.

The tribesmen in turn will make their own plans for the defense/counter-offensive.

The battle can then be waged starting Tuesday or Wednesday of next week and running through the weekend if needed with some wrap up posts on the 18th and 19th.

Does anyone else have anything they want to make sure gets into the game before we start toward the wrap-up?

~~ Piosenniel, Shire Moderator
Old 08-06-2003, 09:08 PM   #292
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sting

*Khasia sharpens her spears in preparation* I'm ready to go, Pio, and rather excited about it, now that I have a little more time on my hands [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img].
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Old 08-07-2003, 09:19 AM   #293
Ealasaid
Wight

Sting

Quote:
Ealasaid and I will write posts considering the offer and refuse them ala Gandalf refusing the terms of the Mouth of Sauron. (I can do that this weekend and save a space for Ealasaid if needed.)
Sounds good! I will start working on my post, too.
Old 08-07-2003, 09:59 AM   #294
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

I am back now, and fortunately I haven’t missed much. In my last post on the game thread I ended with Sevora saying:

“What makes you think I want to fight them…?”

Was that ok to put, I thought I could move it on a bit. And just to add Nerindel if you decide to post about any planning or tactical strategies ect could you please include Dristi?

And about the living or dying thing...I would prefer it if Dristi lived, so at least there will be one of the order able to give demands....
Old 08-07-2003, 12:05 PM   #295
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Sting

I'll have the first of those saves please Pio [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
"What!" exclaimed Ghurdan, " we will crush them!" his eyes burned with silent rage, he and his men had fought the infidels of the north and survived time and time again, he thought this foray to be no different.

"Oh really," Dristi replied Slyly, " care to wager…?" Ghurdans lips twisted into a wry grin and his dark eyes twinkled letting Dristi know that he would take her wager and that he understood that she had indeed heard the wager that his young first mate had made with him at the start of their journey. But before he could answer Sevora intervened.

"Dristi.." smiled Sevora, "what makes you think I want to fight them?"

They both turned and looked to Sevora, Ghurdan did not understand, they had just been told that the Elders would not be converted and he had orders to Annihilate those who would not follow the path of the Dark Lord.

"We are here to Teach them the true path and we cannot do that if they are dead" her voice honeyed as she spoke. "But they will not turn! these girls have already said as much!" Ghurdan exclaimed indicating both Jasara and Khasia, "Yes, but they have not yet heard what we have to offer!" Dristi put in, nodding her head in understanding of what Sevora meant to do. Ghurdan turned and looked at the pair, his brow knitted in frustration, "Do not worry my friend, there may yet be the battle you crave, If what they say is true then not all will convert and if none convert We Will Crush Them!" But Sevora seemed to look as if she was sure that they would convert.

Ghurdan then saw Sevora's blindness, in her arrogance she really believed she had the power to convert these heathens, but he believed that they would not yield and if she was not going to be prepared then he would be. "We should at least scout out their camp, I will lead the scouting party myself !" Sevora scowled at him, but then something flickered in her ebony eyes and she granted the sea captains request.

"One of them should come with me, if my assumptions are right then they will know were the tribe might move their camp." Sevora's patience was growing thin, "Very well take the younger girl and the boy named Uri, Naramath will point him out for you." she hissed at him. Ghurdan bowed, ever his eye on the priestesses and bade for Khasia to follow him, she seemed reluctant to leave and glowered at her sister as if this was some how her doing.

Ghurdan did not ask the priest which of the children was Uri instead the told Khasia to call him. Ghurdan had seen enough in the meeting to know that his dark lord was both cunning and wise, he knew that if anything were to happen to Sevora or Dristi these sisters would be trained to take their place in the Citadel, they were already much alike the two priestesses and as the boy approached he wondered if this one was Naramath's replacement, 'And who is to be my replacement' he thought, laughing out loud and scanning the group of converts that sat together, never once thinking that any within his own group would be worthy of taking his place.

He then went to the Cart and started to unhitch the two sand coloured horses, "Can you ride" he asked Khasia and Uri as he heard them approach, "Of course" the boy scoffed, Ghurdan turned slowly to regard him, his young eyes flashed with malice and he stood tall with his chest puffed out in defiance. Ghurdan grinned at his defiance then turned to Khasia, "And you are...." "I am capable!" she put in before he could finish. "Here! you will have to ride together until we acquire more," he said passing the reigns to Khasia, he then mounted the second horse and looked eastward.

"They are horse riders then, your kinsmen" he asked Uri as they trotted eastward through the camp, "Yes, there is a village and a few farmsteads not far east from here that they trade with." Uri answered seeing were his line of questioning was leading, "the farmsteads are mostly goat farms and of little use to us, unless you plan to ride goats into battle" Khasia scoffed at Uri. "But there is a horse breeder that lives a little south of the village," he spat back at Khasia, "my Father took me there several times, he has at least twenty horses if my memory serves me well. He will not welcome us!" Uri continued turning back to Ghurdan. "Yes! it is likely that the elders have warned the farmsteads of your coming and of our rebellion." Khasia added. Ghurdan watch the pair , before him he saw children but hearing them speak he heard small warriors planning and contriving. He put up his hand to silence them, "First we will scout out the camp and on the return we will see if we can acquire some horses, ok!" He was a little relieved when they both nodded, and offered no more defiance.

They were just leaving the camp when a large and muscular man stood in Ghurdans path, "So where are you off to now Sandworm?" Thorgom hissed, "I am off to do something that you and the others should have done long ere I returned." he spat maliciously at the man that blocked his path, some of his pent up anger starting to escape. "But it was you that had two of our company tied up" he spat back venomously, "but that would not stop you from taking their place or did you fear running into one of your kinsmen" Thorgom reached for his axe, but Ghurdan just laughed and rode on with the two youngsters looking at him incredulously.

They rode in silence for some time. Uri was the first to break the silence "He could have killed you !" he whispered "Yes and I believe he would have if he believed that we did not need every man" "and woman," he put in seeing Khasia's cold look, "to crush the tribes warriors, he like you does not believe they will submit to the teachings of the eye."

"He is one of them, and I for one could never trust him" Khasia spat "I too have my doubt regarding him, but it is not my place to question who the eye deems fit to travel in our company, but you are wise not to trust people you have just met!" "even you!" Khasia hissed. "Yes, even me!" he laughed.

They carefully avoided the village and farmsteads as they swiftly made there way to where the two tribes had camped. As Ghurdan had expected the camp described by Jasara was deserted and from what he could see it had been for sometime, Ghurdan found many horse tracks heading back the way they had just come, "So where would they go!" he said aloud to the night air, not really expecting an answer. "The valley!" Khasia and Uri exclaimed together. "it is not far back the way we came" Khasia put in, "Yes I remember seeing it, but I saw no scouts " he said thoughtfully. They mounted their horses and headed towards the valley.

Hiding their horses some distance off, they climbed the rocky ridge to get a better look. They had narrowly avoided a few of the tribes scouts, but from the ridge Ghurdan could see the tents below on the eastern side of the stream, the numbers tallied with what Jasara and Khasia had all ready told them, they watch scouts coming and going and Uri even named a few he thought he could make out.

As they returned silently to their horses he took in the surrounding area for possible attack and defensive positions, of the latter their was not much, the Tribesmen were clever in moving to this location, he thought to himself.

They rode swiftly to the farm that Uri had told him they could acquire horses, he halted them a short distance from the farm, it was late and all the lights in the farmstead where out, "we must do this quietly" he told the other two "do you know were the horses are kept?" he whispered to Uri, the lad nodded "they are not stabled but penned to the rear of the building" "Good, then all we have to do is open the gate and lead them quietly out, do you think you can do that?" the pair nodded and like two small shadows they slopped off into the darkness. Ghurdan went to the door of the homestead in case the owners decided to awaken and interrupt them, he stood with his sword drawn and watched as Khasia and Uri successfully freed and lead the horses from the farm, without sheathing his sword he went to join them.

"Ten" Khasia said triumphantly, but Uri did not hear her he was staring raptly at the red stone that was the pommel of Ghurdans sword "Foaud" he whispered, Khasia turned and followed his gaze to the red stone shaped like an fiery eye that sat atop the hilt of Ghurdan's sword, she shrugged not knowing what Uri was getting at and turned to choose one of the horses for herself. Ghurdan too followed Uri's gaze to the hilt of his sword, "A gift from the great eye for services rendered" he grinned as he slipped the sword into it's sheath.

"Come, I wish to be back before daybreak!" It was just after daybreak when they returned, for the journey back was slowed with ten horses in tow and their efforts to avoid being seen. The company was awake and the camp was being broken and packed up. Ghurdan dismounted and headed for Sevora's tent, he heard the other two follow behind him. Sevora and Dristi were waiting for him when he entered the tent, "What kept you, my friend" Sevora asked sardonically, Ghurdan grinned and told them all that they had learnt, not omitting that together Khasia and Uri had acquired horses for them, "Ten no less" Ghurdan laughed.

He noted that Dristi eyed Khasia with a satisfied glint in her near black eyes, Ghurdan laughed internally 'if only she knew' he thought to himself. "Good" was Sevora's only reply, Ghurdan could she that she was working a plan. "go and eat" she ordered Khasia and Uri, who both started to protest, "you will be sent for when needed," Dristi assured them, though to Ghurdan it seemed that she spoke only to Khasia.

"We will camp just inside the valley then I will take an envoy to the tribe and spread the word of our great and illustrious lord" Sevora said as soon as the youngsters had left, "And who shall be part of this convoy?" Ghurdan asked
I still have no Idea what Durelin has planned so I am at a loss at to what to post next? [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Arien I hope what I have posted is ok with you? I have left room for Sevora, Dristi and Jasara to make their plans in Ghurdans absence [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Old 08-07-2003, 01:24 PM   #296
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Nerindel

Your post is placed.

I have left a space for the sending of the envoy to the tribes.

Durelin

You can either place your post for it here on the discussion thread, or put it on the game, and I will delete my SAVE.

Otherwise, if there is no post sending the Envoy by tomorrow, mid afternoon Eastern Time - I will do a short post for the Envoy.

All the forces of the Eye should now be making their battle plans either on the discussion thread or by PM - Arien you can speak for the Priesthood involved, Lyra and Nerindel can make plans for their groups to attack. And Aylwen and Sophia you will need to decide which force you are going in with.

[ August 07, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 08-07-2003, 02:11 PM   #297
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Question

Nerindel

Yeah that was great…thanks for leaving that space. I suspect that Durelin will fill it with a post, but if she does not I will post in her stead, anyhow I was thinking about putting a post in there. Is that ok Pio? And yes I will speak for the priesthood...finally the ball is in Dristi's court!!
[img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

[ August 07, 2003: Message edited by: Arien ]
Old 08-07-2003, 02:18 PM   #298
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Arien

Go ahead and speak for the Priesthood.

Also, if Durelin has not posted her sending of the Envoy by tomorrow afternoon Eastern Time, then go ahead and you can choose who the Envoy will be and get him/her sent to the tribes to make the priesthood's wishes known.

Once he/she has declared the intent/demands of the Priestess, we will reject the offer

If you don't have time to do this - I will do it as I stated above.

[ August 07, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 08-07-2003, 04:56 PM   #299
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
The Eye

Sorry sorry sorry! Good, Dristi's going to head the envoy. Right, I'll post sending her. I'm sorry, but I got a ton of homework over the summer and I have finally started it...so...I haven't been allowed on the comp much...

Nerindel - Sorry, I had to think about it a bit after I realized how stupid my idea really was, and then...it all went down hill. So, I am going to PM you now. I promise!

Okay, we're going to send the envoy off, consisting of: Dristi, five of Ghurdan's crew, five of the younglings, Khashia, and Rahvin to oversee Dristi... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] Is that okay with everyone? I am going to post it as soon as possible, but I can edit someone out at anytime.

Also, I think while they are meeting the tribesmen elders, it would be a good time for Thorgom to do something bad...just something to get him smacked around and tied to the cart.

Then, when Dristi returns with the news, her, Ghurdan, Naramarth, Jasara, and Khashia will plan with Sevora. The tribesmen plan, we fight, and then the game ends with the few people returning to the Dark Citadel. Since both my characters die, I will do a narrator's last post, unless someone else would like to have the last word. Arien - Do you want Dristi to wrap up the story? That might be well, since she is finally in charge, eh?

Okay. Okay? Okay.

And may I be cursed for the horrible job I did (am doing...still...) managing this game...

EDIT: Here's the post, to go in the save. I decided not to have Khashia and some of the young tribesmen go, since they didn't make much sense if Sevora knew about the 'relations' between the old and the young.

Quote:
Sevora adjusted her black robes, which she, Dristi, and Naramarth had changed back into as soon as they had reached the tribes. She felt much more at ease in the familiar red and black garb, but, then, the frustration and anger were all too familiar, too. She was suddenly aware of the twisted metal around her head; a metal thorn was digging into her skin. There had always been one that scratched, hadn't there… She had been gone from the Citadel for too long. She was beginning to seem absent minded, of all things! She really couldn't keep her head straight for too long, especially in silence. Silence. No, it was not silent. There was the buzz of low conversation coming from just over there, and the occasional creak of one of those rickety chairs that could be folded up. But inside… No! she screamed inside. She gripped the arms of her chair till her knuckles were white, and her fingernails dug into the wood. She shook her head once, hoping to clear it. Clear it of what? The voice was cold and harsh, sounding so much like her grating fingernails she could have laughed, if she were not busy basking in it. But the bliss was gone as soon as it had come, and she cried out in her mind. But there was no more. It was silent. So silent.

A sharp cracking noise and a stinging pain made her jump. Which only made her angrier. Barely holding back a snarl, Sevora looked toward the source of the pain. She had broken a fingernail. Now she laughed out loud, a cold, mirthless laugh, hoarse with rage. That her finger could ever be a source of pain. Pain. But that was not the kind of pain she wanted, not how she wanted to receive pain, not where she wished it to be from. Memories haunted her, memories of a cold stone floor, of hot blood running down her arm, of the Eye…of him stroking her very being, mind and soul. She would swear before the High Priest that he had touched her as if petting a cat that had been good. But he had not touched her body. He had touched her. He had! But she knew, and knew that she was avoiding it. It made her wish to weep. He had. Ghurdan, and this Jasara, but not her. Not anymore. The Great Lord had almost entirely abandoned her. He neglected her of his presence, of even a few words. Except for a fiery reminder of the truth. Since they had left the Citadel, Sevora had been talked to…once. And she had received only a planted thought, after that. It seemed she was not worth sparing effort. Was she not a good cat?

Sevora barely stopped her hands from clutching at her heart. That had been her thought. She actually thought of herself as… Well, she did belong to the Great Lord, but…scraping and begging for little favors from him was far from…her. Dristi and Ghurdan were looking at her strangely. And who shall be part of this convoy? A voice floated across her mind. Of course…he had asked. For the love of darkness, she had lost so much! No! She would not let him take it all! She pushed away any other thoughts, getting a firm hold on herself. "I hope that Dristi would be willing to lead the envoy…" She paused slightly to give Dristi a polite look, but one that said she really did not have a choice, then continued in a much lighter tone. She was feeling better already. A cat…perhaps she did like that. And a cat that was quite capable of taking care of herself. "I also hope we can spare five of your men, Ghurdan…" Again, she made sure he was well aware that they could spare five of his crewmen. "And…Rahvin, to accompany you." She said Rahvin's name as if as an after thought, though she would never have considered sending Dristi without Rahvin to oversee. He would not step in at any time, but he always brought back excellent reports. The man had a good memory, and a very good eye.

"I considered sending Khashia and some of those young, but I belive, as the situation stands…it would provoke insolence from the start. They cannot refuse the Eye, but we must do everything cautiously, all the same. Human error is the downfall for too many of the Great Lord's plans." They cannot refuse the Eye… Those words, they had had nothing of her usual fervor and certainty in them. And the thought had been anything but certain. The Eye had abandoned her, after all. But it was with Ghurdan…and Jasara. Her hands tightened into fists, and she was vaguely aware of her nails digging into her palm. All but one nail. Ghurdan must have seen the anger in her eyes, and he rose, bowing slightly to both priestesses. "As you say, so it will be. I will choose five of my men and prepare." With that he left. Dristi was frowning slightly at his retreating back. At least Dristi was not blessed. Oh how that would have rubbed salt in the wound! "You will be…polite with the infidels…?" It was not truly a question. "We must hope they will see sense. But if they do not, I expect you will keep your eyes open?" Again, not any question about it. "The…scouting party was helpful in some respects, but not so in others. Also, I know you will not mention our little tribesmen allies. We will need every advantage still within our grasp. You were absolutely right, Dristi, it will be close. Very close, with heavy losses, if we are forced to action. And unless, of course, we make sure it is not." The cat can take care of itself. It must.
[ August 07, 2003: Message edited by: Durelin ]
Old 08-08-2003, 12:08 AM   #300
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Durelin

Your post is on board.

Will look forward to your envoy post tomorrow.
Old 08-08-2003, 11:18 AM   #301
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

The Eye

Durelin

I would be honoured to wrap up the game seeing as how Dristi is finally in charge….well until they back to the Citadel.

Ok just to make sure I make no mistakes when posting, those on the envoy are as follows:

Dristi
5 of Ghurdan’s crew…..(including Ghurdan?)
5 of the younglings
Khashia
Rahvin

…am I right?
Old 08-08-2003, 11:28 AM   #302
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Arien

In Durelin's previous post (see her EDIT note) she decided against sending any of the young ones.

So, it is:

Dristi
Rahvin
5 of Gurdhan's men
and I believe she meant Ghurdan to go also

[ August 08, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 08-08-2003, 11:40 AM   #303
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Pio,

This is from Durelin's last post:

Quote:
Okay, we're going to send the envoy off, consisting of: Dristi, five of Ghurdan's crew, five of the younglings, Khashia, and Rahvin to oversee Dristi
that is why I got mistaken. I didn't read Durelin's actual post again.

I will post either tonight or tommorow. Tommorow would be more likely. But if anyone else who is amoung the envoy wants to set us off then they are welcome to do so.
Old 08-09-2003, 05:51 PM   #304
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sting

Khasia has only one H in it... could you switch it in your post, Durelin... or someone?

Speaking of Khasia, I can post for her, if her input is needed now, but seeing as she's not on the envoy, is it alright if I leave her to herself for a bit? I'm sure she'll see plenty of action when the fighting starts. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Sophia
Old 08-10-2003, 03:42 AM   #305
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

What will the people who haven't gone on the envoy be doing currently? Preparing to fight? Also, is the trouble with Thorgom and Sammael (the "rebellion" type thing) off or will it still go on?
the Forbidden Link
Old 08-10-2003, 09:24 AM   #306
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Nerindel

I'm going to put up the tribes' reponse to the priestess demands, from Jamilah's point of view, later this afternoon. Do you want to put in a save for Ghurdan -- following Arien's recent post?

Lyra

Can you carry the Thorgom/Sammael rebellion interaction? Helky is banned from the site. And how far did the 2 of you plan to take this scenario?

This coming week we need to get into the battle - as the game ends on the 19th.

Once the tribes have rejected the Eye's demands, can the Eye's troops be ready to engage on Wednesday, or at least Thursday?

[ August 10, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 08-10-2003, 12:21 PM   #307
Ealasaid
Wight

Sting

I finally filled my save. Basically, it is just setting up Yusef to turn traitor. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Old 08-10-2003, 02:34 PM   #308
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Sting

Pio
I've put up the save, and will try to post something later today/night [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Everyone
Helky's last request was that Thorgom would take a blow for Ghurdan during the battle, so I need a volunteer to deliver this blow [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] But helky has also requested that his character does not die [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Lyra
could you please in your next post have Thorgom do something treacherous enough to get him smacked about bit then tied to the back of the cart, I have planned with Durelin that Ghurdan will free Thorgom just before the battle [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Aylwen
Ghurdan is on this mission to protect Sevora and the others of the order, but as two of them are going to die I see the Great Eye ordering him to Protect Jasara, do you mind if Ghurdan dies protecting her?

Ok, Finally who whats to kill Ghurdan, Resistors only please [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-10-2003, 02:47 PM   #309
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Can we have Ghurdan mortally wound Husam who will go after Jasara. (He'll be alive enough to say a few last words), then Ahmad kill Ghurdan.

Ealasaid - you can also include the scene between Husam and Ahmad here if you wish.
Old 08-10-2003, 03:06 PM   #310
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
Ghurdan is on this mission to protect Sevora and the others of the order, but as two of them are going to die I see the Great Eye ordering him to Protect Jasara, do you mind if Ghurdan dies protecting her?
Nope, don't mind at all. Sounds good to me. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
What will the people who haven't gone on the envoy be doing currently?
I think so, since the elders will definitely be rejecting the envoy's offers and there will be a battle. At least, that's what the young will be doing. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

-Aylwen
Old 08-10-2003, 07:23 PM   #311
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Sting

Lyra- You said earlier that Sammmael would not rebel, that that was not his character. So I was just going to have Thorgom do something bad (perhaps spit on Sevora, or such...) and be tied to the cart as punishment. And, as Nerindel said, he will be set free by Ghurdan before the battle, so he can die and there is less chance of one of Ghurdan's crewmen dying. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

How does this sound to everyone?

Sophia- Sorry! It won't happen again.

Pio- Thank you for putting in my post, but...I have to ask another favor: could you edit the spelling of Khasia's name in the post? Sorry, I'd do it myself, but...

So, do you think we can start battle on Wednesday?
Old 08-12-2003, 10:05 AM   #312
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

The offer/demands of the Eye have been rebuffed.

One of the warriors who accompanied Dristi is now dead, as is one of the Baobab tribesmen.
Old 08-12-2003, 01:57 PM   #313
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Because of the technical difficulties recently experienced by the forum, I am giving each game another week for its expected End Date.

The date now set for your game to close is:

08/26

Thanks! Pio
Old 08-12-2003, 06:16 PM   #314
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Sting

Nerindel's Post

Zasfal

After the envoy had left, Zasfal had joined the crew and set about making ready for battle, he had no need to make any orders as the crew were well trained and had already started making preparations. He and three of the others went to the cart and removed the large oak trunk that had come from the Fire Spray. A cloud of dust rose up from the ground as they let it down with a heavy thud, Zasfal wiped the dust from the lock and taking a small brass key from around his neck he quickly opened the chest.

Zasfal pulled out four black bows, each one bearing a fiery red ship at the top end. The three men that had helped get the chest each took one of these bows, then Zasfal gave each of them a bottle of strong smelling oils and a handful of back arrows whose tips were covered with white rags. He took the fourth nocked one of the arrows and lovingly pulled back on it's sting, closing one eye he checked the balance and sight line, once satisfied he eased the string and removed the arrow.

He went back to the chest and removed two Flags, one black and one blue. He carefully unfurled the Blue one first and tied it to the top of one of the spears that lined the camp, as it waved in the breeze the Black ship, the Emblem of Umbar could visibly be seen against the blue background. He then carefully unfurled the other and tied it to a spear at the other end of the camp, The Great Red Eye winking as it swayed in the breeze. A cheer and a waving of swords went up from the crew at the sight of the flags that usually flew at the topmost mast on the Fire spray.

With this done Zasfal put the bow on his back tucked the arrows in his belt and set about sharpening his curved sword ready for battle and his chance to prove that he was more than just a sneak and a cut throat pirate.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

Nerindel's Post

Ghurdan barely registered Dristi's words, he was looking at the camp before him, which the night before had been populated with much more than what was before them now. Very clever, hiding their numbers and strength all be it to late! he thought to himself, glad that he had persuaded Sevora to let him scout the camp the night before.

Ghurdan then looked over the tribes elders and the warriors that were there to protect them, The mounted warriors all wore head scarf's so only their eyes showed, Ghurdan saw the burn of contempt in their eyes, as they listened to Dristi's words. He could see that they were all well armed and some of them wore bows, something that he knew they did not have enough of. He then thought of the trunk that he knew Zasfal would have already opened. Ghurdan had only four Archers among his crew but all of them had keen eyes and rarely missed their mark.

'There is no need for us to consider your terms . . . your demands. We reject them utterly.'

'Be gone, dark, faithless spirit. Your accursed message is given and death is near you.

Return to your slave-master! Let him listen to your words. We will listen no more.'

Ghurdan heard one of their leaders say, There came a bristling of spears and the rattling of swords as his men grew angry at the words spoken to the priestess. Ghurdan's eyes burned with silent rage at their stupidity. As the warriors of the tribe stood tall about the Elders and the mounted warriors of the Painted Sands moved forward, blades drawn, their faces filled with a fell light, their eyes deadly, Ghurdan raised his hand to silence his men then with a final evil glare at his new enemies he retreated with the others.

As they marched back through the valley he felt that they were being watched, he laughed out loud,Dristi might be right! he thought to himself. "They are smart" he said between laughs. "Yes, keeping their true numbers from us, was a wise move" Dristi laughed sardonically, "And they still watch us" Rahvin put in looking behind him.

"We will crush them like so much dirt beneath our boot heels." one of Ghurdans men scoffed and the other four men laughed at his words, but suddenly from out of no where one of the tribal warriors came rushing towards them. His eyes burning with rage he buried his spear into the heart of the man who had just spoken, Ghurdan instinctively unsheathed his sword and with both hands on the hilt he cut the warrior down, he did not deliver a second blow as his men recovered from their initial surprise now took care of the infidel.

Ghurdan and Rahvin with swords in hand scanned the valley for others that may try to ambush them as Dristi and the others enjoyed their kill. Satisfied that no other attacker were present they moved out, quickening their pace back to the camp.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

ok, Pio could you please put Zasfals post in the save right after my last post, and Ghurdans post... hmmm not sure if this should go before or after your post,I'll let you decide [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

alrighty, once Thorgoms big mistake is up we should discuss our battle plans. Ghurdan has four archers that he uses on the Fire spray to fire flaming arrows onto his enemies ships, use them well [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Lyra are we spliting the men and converts into two groups and attacking as two units, maybe even flanking the tribes people some how?

Aylwen and Sophia if we do split into two groups we will need to know which of the young will be going with who?

[ August 12, 2003: Message edited by: Nerindel ]
Old 08-12-2003, 07:24 PM   #315
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I call Najah and Rijal! No, just kidding. Sophia, you can choose who goes with Khasia and who goes with Jasara. Doesn't matter really. But I think one group should get Najah and one should get Uri, just to make it even/fair. LoL. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Also, I made a post for Jasara after the envoy leaves but before the envoy returns, so it can really go into any one of Pio's saves as long as it is in that time frame. If there isn't space or something, it really isn't a pivotal post or anything.

Quote:
Jasara watched as the envoy left the premises of the encampment, knowing exactly how they would fare against the elders. The girl smirked and bit her lip, turning back to face the young before her. They were all bunched up in one group on the edge of the Eye’s camp, preparing their weapons for the inevitable skirmish that would occur. There was nothing anyone could do to save the situation and turn it into some negotiation, and Jasara knew this from her years living with the elders. They would be stubborn, and they would refuse.

“I heard they tie people to that cart by the wrists and let them starve if they disobey orders,” Jasara could overhear Rijal speaking fretfully to Najah. Jasara had found espionage use in the boy before the real troubles with the elders had began, but now it was beyond her why Rijal was still alive. They should have killed him with the other young and he should have been left hanging upon the tree with the rest of them. Rijal was lucky that Nasir was willing to stand up for him.

“We should have thought of that sooner. I would have enjoyed carrying out such punishment,” Najah replied, grinning wickedly. Najah was pulling out weapon after weapon from her pack, and it seemed that there was no end to the amount of blades she carried when Rijal began dropping the ones Najah had handed to him. Of course Najah would have enjoyed such a clever punishment, but then again there probably wouldn’t be a chance for that if the young and the Eye failed against the elders.

You will not fail. The Eye is with you.

Jasara’s lips turned upward in the slightest of smiles when she recognized the chilling voice. Jasara no longer feared it as she once had. It was with her always, and Jasara had come to enjoy its advice and help. When it told her something, she believed it. Jasara knew the Eye would never lead her astray. Jasara continued to meander throughout the crowds of young, and came to sit next to Uri and across from Nasir. Both were preparing their weapons and readying themselves for battle.

“Here. You almost left this at the last camp. You need to take better care of your weapons,” Nasir grumbled as he handed Jasara a long, curved knife. Jasara rolled her eyes at Nasir and snatched the knife, running her left index finger along its sharpened edge. Jasara smiled at the vision suddenly sent to her by the Eye: the blood of an elder dripping from the blade, and a momentary flash of a crumpled old body just between her and Nasir upon the ground.

“So what are the odds here? How many of us are going to be left, do you think?” Nasir questioned as he stood and began to practice with his sword.

“You of all people won’t need to be worrying about that, trust me,” Jasara murmured lowly, with a knowing look in her dark eyes. Nasir would not be around to see who survived. At least, he would not be among them. Nasir lifted a brow and stopped his practice with worry glistening in his eyes slightly. “Najah, Uri, Khasia, and me. Most of the leaders, no?”

Uri’s eyes lit with amusement as he looked at the suddenly anxious Nasir. Uri chuckled softly before taking his leave to find Najah to arrange a last minute practice for the children if there was time. Jasara continued to fiddle with her knife under the hot sun, feeling just a little sorry for Nasir and whoever else would not live to see another day. Then she shrugged off the notion and left Nasir to go find Khasia.
So if you find time to put that in before the envoy returns but after it leaves, Pio, that would be great. Maybe one of your saves on August 10 at 8:26 would work best.

Thanks,
Aylwen

[ August 13, 2003: Message edited by: Aylwen Dreamsong ]
Old 08-13-2003, 03:20 AM   #316
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

DONE
Old 08-13-2003, 11:34 AM   #317
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

My computer got a virus so I'm just back. OK, I'll write a post preparing for battle. As for flanking the tribes, I don't know. We could try it, assuming Sammael is still trusted to be co-leader? Ghurdan could lead one side and Sammael the other? Anyway. How long in game time until we fight? Will it be in the morning, or a day or two's time?

Pio- how many women will be fighting with the tribes?

[ August 13, 2003: Message edited by: Lyra Greenleaf ]
the Forbidden Link
Old 08-13-2003, 12:59 PM   #318
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Only 1 woman - Jamílah
Old 08-14-2003, 09:51 AM   #319
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Sting

Ok, everyone!

Ghurdan and Co. are back at camp. I have set my post up for two events:

1/ Unexpected visitor! something that Ealasaid and myself have planned [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

2/ And a War council early the following morning.
Old 08-14-2003, 10:49 AM   #320
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Excellent Nerindel!

Shall we try and start the battle next Monday or Tuesday?

Will that work for everyone?