The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-03-2009, 12:37 PM   #1561
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Hahahaha, I had a dream that Mirandir was desperately in love with the phantom and was ranting about how she'll miss him (because he was leaving the 'downs for a week or so) on her LiveJournal.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 08:34 PM   #1562
alatar
Doubting Dwimmerlaik

alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
I dreamt that alatar, ably assisted by Folwren, sent me a rather belated birthday letter. It was in a green envelope and something like one cm thick (one cm = a bit less than half an inch for you ignorant Americans )
Belated, I can believe, as I lack a calender and am genetically predisposed to not know what day it is. Ignorance of the metric system, such as relating cm to inches, ("It'll never catch on...tis only a fad."), that too may be true. But *writing* a letter...now that surely is the stuff of dreams, not that I cannot 'write,' but that my handwriting is not so much 'atrocious' but more 'very specific to the writer's needs.'
Old 05-04-2009, 03:49 AM   #1563
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Today I had a dream about the Tears of Mirrormere RPG, it was so that Groin wrote a post about some Dwarves in Erebor, one of them was Thorin Oakenshield, discussing the fact that Moria has apparently been overrun. Thorin actually said that "it has been a year since the Orcs breached the gates of Moria", and I thought "ah, now I see, so the plan was to actually leave the situation now and move one year further... so I guess now Thorin and the other Dwarves are coming to help, while the rest of the Dwarves in Moria are driven further and further into Khazad-Dum? But I wonder, is this canonical? In the sense that - should not Frár, Lóni and Náli have died already during the first attack of the Orcs - you surely can't tell me the Dwarves are holding the Bridge for the whole year!"

Well, an interesting dream it was...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:45 AM   #1564
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
Last night I had a very strange BD dream, well two dreams really.
The first one was rather uneventful, I had just gone onto this website and it said the only two people that weren't members were Hookbill and Lommy.
In the second dream, I was hired to make cardboard cut-outs of BDers. I made a cut-out of Rune, Volo, and Legate. I had to apologise to Rune, in person, because his wasn't finished. Although when I walked over to get it out of a train car, it was. Apparently it was finished by Laurinque...

Strange dreams....
Old 05-27-2009, 08:04 AM   #1565
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

I had an interesting dream last night. I dreamt that my Latin teacher gave us an assignment and it was to design a unique Werewolf game. It included all the rules to how the game should work and such, since people in my class wouldn't know how it worked. When I saw the assignment I was shocked and approached him, figuring he had to be a Downer. He ended up being Nilp. Obviously not the real Nilp, since he is far younger then my teacher...perhaps one of his "other" personalities ran off to Canada...
Old 05-27-2009, 08:43 AM   #1566
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
The other night I had a dream that Kath and I ran into each other. I have no idea where I was, although the latter part of that dream I was in Brazil so it may have been we were both down there. Anyway I introduced Kath as 'Kath' to my wife and kids. We were just shaking hands and then my dream shifted and Kath was no longer there.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:54 AM   #1567
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

I had a dream about Hook and Oddwen a couple nights ago. They came over to my house, and while I was trying to entertain them, my mum told me to a take a shower, I was not pleased. Of course, when this was happening, I was trying to pawn my little brother's TARDIS t shirt off on Hookbill because he likes Doctor Who. (Well, it think that 'like' is an understatement) Athought, for some reason, I don't think my little brothers clothing would fit Hookbill.
Don't know what happened to Oddwen though...
Old 05-27-2009, 11:26 AM   #1568
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatElvenWarrior View Post
*gulp*

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 08:13 PM   #1569
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommie
Hahahaha, I had a dream that Mirandir was desperately in love with the phantom and was ranting about how she'll miss him (because he was leaving the 'downs for a week or so) on her LiveJournal.
Why are you reading my LJ?!?! And how dare you confuse me with Mira!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGEW
I ate her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddie
*gulp*
Exactly.

In other news I had a dream about Rikae. I was in my house, playing around on facebook, and just happened to see a post from her when my door bell rang. I went to answer it and it was her! So I let her in and after saying 'thanks for coming over' or whatever I look at her and all of a sudden fainted. Just from being in the same room with her. You know what that means....

++RIKAE

++RIKAE

Clearly a telepathic wolf child.

Anyway, when I woke up I had my blanket covering my face like I was a six year old hiding from monsters or something. It was....interesting.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 09:57 PM   #1570
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddwen View Post
*gulp*
Nothing bad, of course.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
I ate her.
Exactly.
Old 05-31-2009, 11:06 PM   #1571
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I dreamed that Groin Redbeard (though he had Eonwe's avatar) posted a new topic urgently requesting news of his favorite webcomic, which hadn't updated in a long time. I spent an inordinate amount of time trying to reply to him that the last news post from them had been over a year ago, and to give up already. One such attempt was to put the reply in some sort of video, which was stupid. I don't think I ever succeeded in replying.

The webcomic involved penguin characters somehow.

Old 06-02-2009, 10:27 AM   #1572
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
I had a terrifying werewolf dream.

I was at home, and in RL I am irrationally afraid of my one neighbour, so in my dream somehow that meant that I thought he was a werewolf. I heard all this clanging and banging from across the street, and walked into my neighbours yard with my shotgun (no silver bullets though, so not sure why I believed that would help?) The door burst open and out came my neighbour who was transforming into a WW (it was like Lupin as a werewolf - but I haven't watched HP in ages so...who knows?) I turned and ran back towards my house, and he chased. Then little Max came running around from the back, and I was yelling for him to go inside, because eventhough he barks up a storm about everything he is a big wimp. So, Max was barking and then he cowered at the sight of the WW, but the WW began to chase him. I fired two shots, I guess I hit him with one, because the WW turned and came back after me. It's only a single shot, so I went to reload and then the cliffhanger, I woke up.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:12 AM   #1573
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Heh. Nice one, Boro.

So I had a dream about the Hurt and Heal thread last night. No joke. Apparently when I woke up the game was over already and I'd missed this huge flurry of cross-post slaughtering. Morm's trying to sort through all the posts to determine a winner, and it ended up being....me. Lol needless to say he accused me of cheating.
Old 06-03-2009, 04:05 PM   #1574
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I had a weird dream that included me, Noggie, Greenie, Agan, Legate, Volo and Boro running around my school, robbing role garments and accidentally alarming the guards by pushing the "Crime" button on the elevator.

I also had an even weirder dream full of scary things and I was appointed "the Barrow-Downs Mommy" at some point there. *blames Boro and Agan*
Old 06-11-2009, 03:51 PM   #1575
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Hmmm...

I had a dream in which Noggie found a way and decided to reset his post count, so that it would say that he'd only posted 363 posts. His reasoning was that it made him seem like a more respectable member or something...

Well, it made sense in the dream...

Last edited by Eönwë; 06-11-2009 at 03:56 PM.
Eönwë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 07:58 AM   #1576
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Very odd dream, it doesn't make sense and it cuts off in the middle, but I guess that's what dreams typically do.

So...Lommy, Rikae, Mac, my friend Erica, and myself were in The Hub (it's this foodcourt place on my campus). Rikae and Mac were talking about how for a foodcourt, the Asian place was pretty good (and if you really were to eat there, I would probably agree, for campus foods...it's one of the better places). The real action was going on across the table though, where Lommy had this large metal bucket, full of water, and she was ripping open/dumping in all these salt packets. She was trying to convince us that a mixtur of salt and water was better at putting out fires than just water.

All of us looked confused, but Erica (who's a Lab tech and wants to eventually be in forensics) was arguing about how it doesn't make any sense...water will put out fire by itself, mixing in salt did nothing. Lommy said it was magic and she was going to prove it, because this could put out dragon fire, and regular water wouldn't.

It cuts to us being outside, Mac and Rikae, no longer with us (I guess they had no interest in dragons, and their fire being squelched by Lommy's salt water ). Anyway, it had cut to being outside, Erica and Lommy were running way ahead of me, and yelling at me to keep up because they didn't want to be late (late for what...who knows?), but somehow I was the one who got stuck with carrying the bucket of salt-water, so it wasn't that easy. And the last 'leg' of the dream, sally is out there selling apples. She was trying to get me to buy her last apple so she could go home, but due to Lommy and Erica hastling me to catch up, I really had no time to hear about apples or to buy one and so I just left sally there and hopefully she would sell that apple soon enough. (I bet it was poisoned anyway! )

The end.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:48 AM   #1577
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Hahaha, Boro, that was an interesting dream. Now I know what to do if I ever meet a dragon.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:53 AM   #1578
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Maybe dragons "are" simply giant fire breathing slugs...

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:22 PM   #1579
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

I had a dream about Paper Telephone two nights ago. I had a dream that instead of passing Paper Telephone through the internet, we sent it by the post! It was all on paper and at the end all of the drawings and sentences were not sent, but given to me by Nogrod! And all of the people playing Paper Telephone were there. I remember that on Hookbill's picture, he had put a black and white photo of his face on it that reminded my of William Hartnell.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:31 PM   #1580
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatElvenWarrior View Post
I remember that on Hookbill's picture, he had put a black and white photo of his face on it that reminded my of William Hartnell.
It wasn't THIS picture by any chance was it?
Old 06-18-2009, 04:21 PM   #1581
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba View Post
It wasn't THIS picture by any chance was it?
It might have been, I don't remember anymore. Of course, I have seen that picture previously. It might've been on your blog... Who knows. *shrugs*
Old 06-18-2009, 08:25 PM   #1582
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

I dreamed a few nights ago that The Barrow-Wight sent out invitations to a large Downer gathering overseas. I was very upset because it would be fairly impossible for me to go overseas, so I was working hard to get one set up here in the states.

I remember campaigning for the meeting to be in Wyoming, and running around crying "Formendacil! Brinniel! Gwathagor! We can make this happen!".

Old 06-22-2009, 05:40 PM   #1583
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Leaf

I had a dream about Ents a few nights ago! There was something about some endangered creatures living in our back garden and I had to find them. To help me in the search, the phantom, Kath and Squatter came along. Although, the phantom was annoyed at me the whole time for not making him awesome enough in the comic strips.
When we did find the creatures, an Ent came along and took the little squirrel-like thing away. I followed the Ent through the village and he eventually came back to my house and asked for some tea.
Then I woke up. I had left my curtains open, which is unusual, but I looked out of the window and saw next door's tree swaying quite a lot. For one, brief but magical second, I almost believed it was an ent.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:36 PM   #1584
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba View Post
When we did find the creatures, an Ent came along and took the little squirrel-like thing away.
Sounds like Ents dislike chat-skwerlz just as much as our moderators.

Old 06-28-2009, 08:06 AM   #1585
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
In my dream...

I'd noticed that I had a few PMs from Mith regarding something that may or may not have gone on between me and Eomer. I ignored them, partly because I had a dinner date with the phantom's family, and I was running a bit late, and partly because I had no idea what she was talking about and figured I could sort it out later.

At the phantom's: his mother and father look suspiciously like my aunt and uncle, though they most definitely are not, and the phantom most definitely isn't my cousin, and lo! there is an adopted baby in his household as well as theirs. While his mum cooks dinner, his dad plays with the baby in the extremely elaborate dining room (think long dark wood table, heavily ornate, with high backed chairs and oil paintings on the walls).

I wander the house and come across-

His pretty blond sister in the shower!

Mildly embarassed, I tell myself it wasn't my fault, because she was showering with the door open, and I really couldn't have avoided seeing her without her clothes on, not unless I'd stayed in the dining room or something...

After dinner - which flew by in the sort of rush only dreams can provide - the phantom and I were upstairs. Fade to black.

Next thing I know, I'm at home (dream home, which resembles nowhere I've ever been), and I'm on the Downs and I check my PMs, and there are like 13 new ones. There are the three from Mith about me and Eomer, then there are two from people who want to know the truth of what happened in that fade-to-black moment, and there's one from Morsul saying something completely unrelated to any of it, and (gasp!) The Barrow-Wight himself sent me a PM titled 'teh Phantdom???' And some newbs have also sent me PMs that want to know things about me, and then-

I wake up.

Old 06-28-2009, 08:12 AM   #1586
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Me, random? Ah we've never met, yet you know me so well!

Edit: ... of course now I'm curious what I PMed you about...hmm...

Last edited by Morsul the Dark; 06-28-2009 at 08:16 AM.
Morsul the Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 07:16 AM   #1587
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
1420! Something rather impossible.

I just came home and my brother told me: "This week, on the night from Saturday to Sunday, I had a dream... that I picked up a girl on Fungoltch and Shcmurt!"

The dream, he says, went like that he was in metro and at one station, he walked around some girl, who was just saying something that sounded like "Fungoltch". He turned to her and asked: "Fungoltch and Shcmurt?" And she was like, "Yes", and then she went into a carriage and he shouted after her: "Moldutch!" and she replied: "Gimifril!" (for reference, see Fungoltch&Shcmurt comic strip #3) And then she came back and they started to talk.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:00 AM   #1588
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

I had a really weird dream the other night...

The phantom, Esty, Legate, Lommy and I were in a disused hospital being chased by a gang of thugs lead by Simon Pegg.
We spent a lot of time rushing up and down corridor and bundling through weird barriers until, at last, it came to a final showdown where the phantom stabbed mr Pegg in the heart with a load of old syringes. Lommy and I had to drag the body into the garden. Legate and Esty were left to fight off the rest of the thugs.
When we got back it turned out that Legate had been taken hostage and was being questioned in one of the underground cellars.
We rushed down there, passing many wards full of skeletons in lab coats, cobwebs and rats. Legate was refusing to answer any of the questions and eventually bit one of the questioner's hands off!
We managed to rescue Legate by getting Esty to distract them with a tuba. Once we got back to the outside, the police were surrounding the hospital. Davem and Lalwende were there, but they talked the police out of arresting us.
That was nice of them.

Make of that what you will...
Old 07-11-2009, 07:20 AM   #1589
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
A few nights ago I had a dream where THE Ka turned out to be a representative– or maybe the CEO– of "Ka Industries", a powerful and highly sinister multinational entity which had something to do with snakes. Everyone was quite shocked.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:05 AM   #1590
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
It's finally happened! After six and a half months of virtual undeath, I had my first Barrow-Down Dream.
During today's afternoon nap, I met davem at a calligraphy workshop. It was in a pub, and my non-Downer wife was there too, besides several nondescript other people. We were supposed to turn a page-long text - preferably a quotation from Tolkien - into an illuminated medieval-style manuscript. davem (who looked only vaguely like his picture on the photo page, but I recognized him although we've never met in RL) was dissatisfied with his own writing and drawing skills and said his attempt "looked like Orc's work" (which didn't do it justice), while I realized that I had forgotten to do my homework and composed a nonsense text that read a lot like Five-Word Story instead of illuminating.
(Obviously inspired by the 'Elvish' Silmarillion thread)
Old 07-28-2009, 11:04 AM   #1591
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

I had an interesting dream last night.

I woke up, went to my computer to check the Downs, and found that I had about five or six green rep boxes next to my name (and a couple were bright green). I wondered how this had happened so suddenly, so I went to check my reps.

I only had ONE new rep, and it alone was somehow responsible for leaping me up several hundred points. The rep was this-
"Hee hee. Look how powerful my rep is now! ~Legate"

I went to view Legate's profile, and he had rows upon rows of bright green rep boxes, and he had also started a thread in each sub-forum entitled "Look at my boxes!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill
it came to a final showdown where the phantom stabbed mr Pegg in the heart
But I love Simon Pegg's films!

Oh, and Fea, in your dream I hope you didn't mind being introduced to the family. They insisted upon meeting you before we had any "fading to black" moments.

Last edited by the phantom; 07-28-2009 at 11:11 AM.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:14 PM   #1592
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Oh, and Fea, in your dream I hope you didn't mind being introduced to the family. They insisted upon meeting you before we had any "fading to black" moments.
That's family for you...
Old 07-29-2009, 02:41 PM   #1593
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

I had a rather interesting dream last night...
Last night I dreamed (among other things) that I was hired to babysit lal and davem's child, their female child. I remember telling her about her parents on the BD how much better they made this website. I then proceeded to tell her that I was a BDer too, she was not very impressed. I took her out somewhere and she climbed up this rope and that is where I stopped dreaming about that...
This child, who does not exist had a very strange name too. It reminded me of Nienor... But it wasn't.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:22 PM   #1594
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

An economy sized bottle of awkward sauce....

Last night/early this morning I dreamed I had a creepy boyfriend/stalker. He didn't meet me on the Downs nor did he seem to even have a Downs account, but somehow every time I logged in I had like thirty reps of a creepy (read, mostly inappropriate and occasionally illegal) nature, all from him.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:05 AM   #1595
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

I had a very strange dream about a 'Downer who I doubt was ever a member, and I hope she never will be.

Name was SlythGirl and she was a total Harry Potter fan, and that's all she wanted to talk about on the 'Downs. I had a PM from her asking if I would go to this HP convention. And as I was leaving my house (for some unknown reason) SlythGirl must have been stalking me, because she was outside, grabbed on to me and tried to drag me away to her HP party, or whatever it was...she kind of looked like Loony Lovegood, only dirty blonde hair.

The End

Please don't try to explain this to me, I would hate to be the cause of anyone's trauma.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:37 AM   #1596
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
The other night, I dreamed that Mac and I were hosting a party (actually, I think it was another wedding reception), and this guy who looked like Nogrod showed up and started complaining that the food was cold. I gave him a reheated bowl of the lentil soup Mac made for dinner on Monday.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:06 PM   #1597
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I clearly wrote too much about cooking in the last WW-game...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:21 AM   #1598
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Last night I dreamed I was one of the privileged first few people to view volume one of TheGreatElvenWarrior's webcomic.

It revolved around this man who pranked the wrong radio station, and "won the prize" of being king over a whole other world. The guy was force-marched across across an icy world to this castle, where he found more than he bargained for in his queen and subjects. He was still learning their rudimentary magic when war broke out between his kingdom and the GIANT DEATH ROBOTS next door.

The drawings were fluid and graceful, the action well-packed, and the Second Doctor kept making his way in there somehow. Two thumbs up, TGEW, and I can't wait to read volume two.

Old 08-04-2009, 01:49 PM   #1599
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddwen View Post
Last night I dreamed I was one of the privileged first few people to view volume one of TheGreatElvenWarrior's webcomic.

It revolved around this man who pranked the wrong radio station, and "won the prize" of being king over a whole other world. The guy was force-marched across across an icy world to this castle, where he found more than he bargained for in his queen and subjects. He was still learning their rudimentary magic when war broke out between his kingdom and the GIANT DEATH ROBOTS next door.

The drawings were fluid and graceful, the action well-packed, and the Second Doctor kept making his way in there somehow. Two thumbs up, TGEW, and I can't wait to read volume two.
Okay, I'll start writing it. Laurinque must have done the drawings.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:31 AM   #1600
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

While I was on InterRail, I had a dream where Sally was dressed up in a rococo-style dress and teasing Anguirel, which in my opinion served him right because I thought he looks too much like Barack Obama.

Go figure.