The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2009, 07:29 PM   #241
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent2010 View Post
I don't agree with everything Agan has said (as evidenced by our interaction today), but we should make a clear distinction between disagreeing with someone, and someone "not making any sense." Then saying that not making any sense = baddie.
Speaking of sense, there is some here. I'd say that wolves tend to be more consistent than non-wolves, since they tend to be more careful about what they say, since their façade of innocence is, indeed, a façade. When a wolf gets inconsistent, the inconsistency tends to result more from the wolf attempting to cover up a slip--and even if Agan has been inconsistent (which is not my impression*), she has not given the appearance, to me, of attempting to cover up. More along the lines of exasperation explanation--I'll grant, of course, that an experienced player can make the two look the same.

*Of course, given my thesis that wolves are more consistent than innocents in their views, this, of course, ought to incline me MORE toward thinking that Agan is a wolf.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:47 PM   #242
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
Sleep is calling my name. It is still a bit early but I must vote now.

++Nogrod

I don't want to continue the Agan bandwagon and the other player that has struck me as being anything other than squeaky clean is Nog. This is mostly a vote based on bad feelings though and I reserve the right to be completely and utterly wrong.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:49 PM   #243
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
My "an hour or so" is longer than I thought

But now I'm really planning to go to sleep.

My main suspects at the moment are Kuru and Fea.

Kuru because just what is the point of a cobblerish post title unless it's intended as a hint? If he was innocent, he'd think twice before doing it. Yes he might want to try to mislead the wolves and make them think they have found the cobbler, but he also misleads us. He should know that kind of behaviour might get him lynched. He should know that kind of behaviour is harmful to our wolf hunting. If he's innocent he should feel very bad because he has just caused me to practically waste my day.
Plus his reasoning is bad. Some things I've said don't make much sense? Then, darling, you're supposed to ask what I mean (and just "What?" doesn't count as that). I've been inconsistent? I can say I started laughing aloud when Kent brought up the Frollo inconsistency.
Plus he looks somehow detached.

I'm toying with the idea of giving all my bonus votes for him at once. Then at least they wouldn't be wasted if you guys decide to kill me. (Oh joy if I'm Pippin!)

If I die you are so going to lynch him, right?

As for Fea, it's simply that she should know better. She seems to be intentionally misinterpretting me (that "Am I still too obscure?" question) and exaggerating things I've said (that smilie thing). Well yes if she's a wolf who thinks she has spotted the cobbler (Kuru), it's just reasonable she votes for the one who is against him and has already two votes.

And I don't like the bandwagon against me. Yeah I'm an easy lynch because I've spoken the most but still. The whole thing looks too easy. Kuru & Fea's votes were too easy.

The people I like at the moment are Form (he's nice to me) and Kent (he's either a good newbie or receives advice via PM. I'm inclined to think the former, given how he reacted to Kuru's accusations of me).

Last edited by Aganzir; 04-13-2009 at 07:50 PM. Reason: xed with Form & Nienna
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:02 PM   #244
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I just love all this attention.

Hmm I have two votes (or three, if Greenie manages to highlight hers & wants to keep it). Nog has one.

++Kuru (+1)

The extra vote because I believe I have hit on something here.

It's funny that votes look much more serious when they are in red.

Also, I'd like to make a bet that by the time Nog has reached this post, he has considered voting for me because of my use of smilies at least twice.

I'll listen to this song (Leonard Cohen - One Of Us Cannot Be Wrong. Yeah I'm slightly obsessed at the moment) and go to sleep.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:27 PM   #245
Kent2010
Wight

Kent2010 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil View Post
Speaking of sense, there is some here. I'd say that wolves tend to be more consistent than non-wolves, since they tend to be more careful about what they say, since their façade of innocence is, indeed, a façade. When a wolf gets inconsistent, the inconsistency tends to result more from the wolf attempting to cover up a slip--and even if Agan has been inconsistent (which is not my impression*), she has not given the appearance, to me, of attempting to cover up. More along the lines of exasperation explanation--I'll grant, of course, that an experienced player can make the two look the same.
Since this makes sense to me, should I be suspicious of you?

I'm going to have to vote soon. But just want to say...I doubt there are any poor intentions, becase I have received a lot of 'hellos' and I've loved my welcome here, but it does come off as a little degrading saying I'm either an innocent newbie or I am receiving constant PM instruction. I am trying to enjoy a new thing, work out my own style, and try to be helpful. If I were a newbie wolf I would like to think I would be capable of coherent thoughts and a helpful asset to my team without having to be spoon fed instructions. That's a tad insulting, even though I am 99.9% sure no one intends to be.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:47 PM   #246
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots Reckless Abandon.

The only reason some people can make sense of DAY 1s ( ) is because of other people not giving a damn about it giving them something to analyse.

Catching up on the thread. Good thing you guys a) wrote only two pages while I was asleep and b) dropped the RPG writing.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:54 PM   #247
Kent2010
Wight

++Kuruharan (+0)

I just particularly don't like his post 211.

It looks over the top...I'm imagining someone waving their arms around, jumping up and down, calling a foul on something that's really not that big of a deal. Agan stated a relevant fact to keep in mind, but she is trying to make us distrust our seer, and by talking about Grima we are getting off track? I suppose we could go back to Formendacil's suggestion and continue with the disney character conversation?
Old 04-13-2009, 09:16 PM   #248
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent2010 View Post
I'm going to have to vote soon. But just want to say...I doubt there are any poor intentions, because I have received a lot of 'hellos' and I've loved my welcome here, but it does come off as a little degrading saying I'm either an innocent newbie or I am receiving constant PM instruction. I am trying to enjoy a new thing, work out my own style, and try to be helpful. If I were a newbie wolf I would like to think I would be capable of coherent thoughts and a helpful asset to my team without having to be spoon fed instructions. That's a tad insulting, even though I am 99.9% sure no one intends to be.
No, of course no one intends it to be insulting... unless, of course, by being insulting we manage to provoke you into revealing that you're a wolf.

And yes, as a newbie wolf, you might well be capable of your own coherency without being spoonfed anything--and on that note, I'm quite willing to consider you a capable lone wolf who covered for his own newbie mistake adroitly. It's not that there's anything about being new that makes you necessarily clumsy first time out--it's just that we (well, me anyway...) don't know your style yet. I don't know if this is a handicap to you or a handicap to the old-times (glances at Fea and Kuru), but it does mean that you're an uncertain variable, and as such it's best to average the experience of playing with most new players in the past--and new players are most likely to make mistakes. As with any talent, WWing improves with practice, even among those with native talent.

It may also just be grasping at straws--a newbie making a mistake would be probably the one certain thing to look for in analysing Day 1 prior to the completion of Day 1.

Of course, it's entirely possible you're innocent but just not guilty-looking enough to come across that way. It's a problem we've all had, once or twice, I'm sure.

And, in other news, I'm still no closer to a vote. Well, maybe an inch or two. I'm concerned that Nienna's vote for Nogrod was made with the encouragement that I might vote in that direction. As to the Kuru and Agan bandwaggons, neither looks particularly attractive to me. Kuru actually holds slight suspicion for me, whereas Agan does not, but I just can't see Kuru being that clumsy--even if it's been a while since he's played.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:21 PM   #249
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
A vote count:

Nilp: ++Sally (Sally 1)
Greenie: ++Aganzir* (Sally 1)
Kuruharan: ++Aganzir (Sally 1, Aganzir 1)
Fea: ++Aganzir (Sally 1, Aganzir 2)
Nienna: ++Nogrod (Sally 1, Aganzir 2, Nogrod 1)
Aganzir: ++Kuru + 1 (Sally 1, Aganzir 2, Nogrod 1, Kuru 2)
Kent: ++Kuru (Sally 1, Aganzir 2, Nogrod 1, Kuru 3)

*invalid vote

Have not voted yet: Alonariel, Brinn, Firefoot, Formy, Gwath, Izzy, Lari, Nogrod, Sally, Shasta

A lot of people left to vote still, though it seems probable that not everyone will show. It's rather quiet for Day One considering there's only less than two hours until deadline..

Quite honestly, I have no idea who I will vote for. I don't have any suspects and while some players have been at each other's throats, I feel rather indifferent right now as to which side they may be on. I may have to vote based on instinct toDay. It's better than overanalysing when there's little information to go on, especially considering I tend to be completely wrong whenever I overanalyse.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:45 PM   #250
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Anyway, my dear Agan, there's difficulty in assigning me to Frollo and you Esmeralda insofar as the real me doesn't have as much of a crush on Esmeralda as some of the other Disney ladies. Out of the Disney canon, I'm probably fondest of Belle--and that's a very different character from Esmeralda. So what you need to find, going off this evidence, for my perfect woman would be along the lines of: sweet, quiet, bookworm (I'd even go so far and say Belle is a brunette, but that might be getting unconscionably Freudian, as I inherit my brown hair from my mother...).

It's hardly possible that we've got any sweet girls of quieter disposition and a propensity to books at this Downer gathering, right? Clearly, Form shall remain the celibate man he is, with little difficulty.
I like reading, and I'm a brunette. And celibate....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilpaurion Felagund View Post
*is bored in his shiny cloak he was wearing all the time underneath his clothes*

++satansaloser2005 (+0)

The closest thing to an autovote. ('cos Mistress Rikae's not here.)
But....*sniff*....don't you love me anymore?

This must be what going mad feels like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Brinn's first post is slightly unnerving. I don't know why. Her first posts always are.

I'm watching Kuru.

Kent who is in your avatar? He looks almost exactly like a guy I went to school with.

Nog looks quite innocentish. Or rather, genuinely helpful. It's impossible to say anything concrete yet, though.

Form talked about Day -1 behaviour. I assume you're not going to analyze that?

Firefoot I'm fine with bonus votes being saved for later. But that means everyone, or at least most of us, should do it. I don't want a situation to occur where there are a few people with almost all and some with almost no votes left.

No - we get a baddie (ie wolf or cobbler) with 23.5% certainty. And actually it's even more likely since their behaviour can give them away.
I can't say I really like your suggestion. The result of today's lynch is a part of the information we will have tomorrow, and it reveals more if we don't take the easy route and kill a non-show. Or well it's also that you suggested it so early and in that way.

Hmm almost 24 hours have passed and four people haven't spoken yet. Do you Elmira people have any idea about Alonariel?

Some things about the rules.

Gríma doesn't have a way to communicate with the baddies in private, but his ability to make gifteds fall ill makes him more dangerous than a normal cobbler. That's why I think it's as important to find him as the wolves. Also, the seer can't find him and should keep in mind that one of her known innocents might in fact be the cobbler.

I wonder why Elrond & others decided to send Pippin here. He doesn't seem to be aiding us.
Because they like to screw with our heads dear.

In other news, this is a whole lot of nothing, not unhelpful so much as trying to help and failing because there's not a lot to do. I agree about the extra votes though, that if some of us use them all up and some are more stingy with them we could end up in a lot of trouble. I know it seems a bit weird, but I may (notice, may) keep a close eye on those who deliberately try to save their votes for the end of the game. Also interesting commentary on Grima, but talking about Grima right now is basically as effective as trying to figure out who Pippin is at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Oh really? I can't see how you came up with that "every time she's talking about bad guys". I talked about baddies without using smilies and used smilies without talking about baddies. That's quite a far-fetched argument.

Is there still someone who didn't realise I was suggesting Kuru was giving cobbler hints? I would have expected everyone to at least notice that post title. That question was meant in an ironical way. Because it seemed nobody understood what I was talking about.

I have a feeling everyone is misinterpreting me on purpose!

Nog I'm starting to understand why you tried to be quieter on day ones.

Sniff.

edit: xed with Form & love him again.
Awwww, Agan. *hugs* I understand where you're coming from, but just because you're misunderstood doesn't mean that you're not evil. Just sayin'.

And who doesn't love Formie?

Quote:

*Of course, given my thesis that wolves are more consistent than innocents in their views, this, of course, ought to incline me MORE toward thinking that Agan is a wolf.
True that wolves make an effort to be more consistent, but they don't necessarily succeed, as you point out, and some wolves (like me, when I am a wolf) act even more off the wall than they do when they're ordos, because they know that if they try to control everything they say it is more likely to slip than if they just go with the flow and try to subtly direct the village.

Quote:
The only reason some people can make sense of DAY 1s ( ) is because of other people not giving a damn about it giving them something to analyse.

Catching up on the thread. Good thing you guys a) wrote only two pages while I was asleep and b) dropped the RPG writing.
Watch your language, young man. In other news, I was rather excited by the lack of posts toDay, and yet kind of surprised. Maybe everyone is as busy/exhausted as I am. *shrugs* It only makes sense after all we've been through.

Deadline's at my midnight, right?
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:56 PM   #251
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
I like reading, and I'm a brunette. And celibate....
I was wondering how long it'd be....

Quote:
And who doesn't love Formie?
I can't imagine anyone doesn't. I'm just that adorable.

Quote:
Deadline's at my midnight, right?
In the timezone you and milord the phantom share, yes.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:00 PM   #252
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting Allegations + Threat of Execution.

Sorry Brinn but I like mine better.

The vote list (times in GMT +8):
  • 19:10 Nilp - Sally
    Sally - 1

• 04:58 Green - Agan (no highlight)
    Sally - 1

• 06:39 Kuru - Agan
    Sally - 1, Agan - 1

• 08:27 Fea - Agan
    Sally - 1, Agan - 2

• 09:47 Nienna - Nog
    Sally - 1, Agan - 2, Nog - 1

• 10:02 Agan - Kuru +1
    Sally - 1, Agan - 2, Nog - 1, Kuru - 2

• 10:54 Kent - Kuru
    Sally - 1, Agan - 2, Nog - 1, Kuru - 3

Yet to vote: Alonariel, Brinn, Firefoot, Form, Gwath, Izzy, Nog, Sally, Shasta.

Many no votes. Hide your head in the sand day?

Incoherent thoughts

Just had a thought about bonus vote usage and Thuringwethil influence. Will organise thoughts on a different post.

I quite like Kent. He thinks well.

Kuru 211/Agan 204 set off alarms in my head. In cahoots? Agan 216 a seer hint? Agan 232 is a bit relieving, but perhaps clutching at straws? Does not look that way, well reasoned. Also, a Baddie would not display a Cobbler hint to the village. Both bears watching--more so than normal, I mean.

Apparently highlighting something also bolds it automatically. Would save me typing time.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:06 PM   #253
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Okay. This is so sad.

I still dislike Agan's smilies and the explanation for them wasn't too good. But I have no intention to vote one of the only decent posters of toDay.

With Form I have a kind of similar situation. I do disagree with many things he says and I don't like all the manouvers he makes, but he posts both qualitatively & quantitatively enough for me to not wish to vote for him.

Kent is probably the only one I feel quite good right now - and he has also posted.

I see why people suspect Kuru and he might be my choice as well - although I'm afraid it will only be a cobbler we get that way. But that's not bad for Day1, or any Day.

Of the rest I might vote for anyone for just not playing this game. Out from pure annoyance and frustration.

Nienna especially. That was soo bad...

I'll take a short look back and then vote, presumably for one of the slackers.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:06 PM   #254
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Hey, Nilp!

I haven't got any good voting plans? Want me to throw away my vote on you, since you can't autovote?
Old 04-13-2009, 10:11 PM   #255
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
I'm afraid that it seems as though all the suspicion is falling on those who are talking most, for whatever arbitrary Day 1 reason you can think of...

It strikes me as really interesting that Agan would want to throw a bonus vote out there already - it seems like a rather unfounded move, given the amount of material we have to go on. Hmmm... unless he's the seer... Kuru would be a fairly logical choice as a first night dream, he's well known enough. And that would explain why Agan came out swinging at him.

I don't feel too bad pointing this out if it's true, because the wolves would no doubt have picked up on it already.

Whether or not it's true, it's a theory and seems like a solid enough reason for a Day 1 vote to me...

++Kuru

Ummm... how do you make the text red?
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:13 PM   #256
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Pipe To Move the Shade

Formendaga, for the honour that is DAY 1 , I'd be glad to receive your vote.

Firefoot, add [ highlight ] text [/ highlight ]. (Remove the spaces in the tags.)
Old 04-13-2009, 10:14 PM   #257
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Thanks, Nilp.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:14 PM   #258
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Oh, and for the record I have no real idea who I'd like to kill yet.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:16 PM   #259
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Oh dear, seems I lost track of time by counting the cracks in the wall.

I'm not seeing what others are "picking up on" in regards to Agan and Kuru. If anything, some of the things Agan has said lean more to the controversial side. Yet they are so obvious, it doesn't feel wolfy. It isn't to say she isn't a wolf - but I don't think I'll vote for either her or Kuru.

Pfft, I keep wanting to write Khuru. o.O

Nog looks like himself.
I'm tempted to vote for Nienna solely because what she has said so far, looks similar to last game. Mainly how she voted for Nog then distanced herself from the possible consequences of it all in the same post.

Maybe th seeming silence is due to the meet and greet portion?

xD since Nog's #253.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:20 PM   #260
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Formendaga, for the honour that is DAY 1 , I'd be glad to receive your vote.
You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. I am most obliged for being allowed from this hard place.

++Nilpaurion Felagund

And now, good people (and bad ones), I am off. I have a date with an Easter beer or two.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:27 PM   #261
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Nienna's vote for me looks quite bad indeed. It can be shown statistically that I tend to receive well more of the "random votes" from the baddies on Day1 than would be my fair share. And Nienna's looks like one of that kind.

Her suspicion first was this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna
Nog was vaugly making me a bit nervous if only because he was so insistent on us all begining to start theorizing and discussing but this may be just a normal Nog thing to do...
Then, as Form pointed out, after Form stated his vote might possibly go my way she comes up with:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna
the other player that has struck me as being anything other than squeaky clean is Nog. This is mostly a vote based on bad feelings though and I reserve the right to be completely and utterly wrong.
Especially that "I reserve the right to be completely and utterly wrong" strikes me very bad indeed.

Also she has posted what, three times, with basically nothing to say.

I hate it how many others will just fly through this day under any possible radar. That's unfair but can't be helped now I'm afraid.

So I'll do this:

++ Nienna (1)

then:

-- Nienna (0)

and

++ Kuru (0)

I do wonder alongside Form if Kuru would be such a reckelss cobbler, but then again it looks like it very much that he is. How else one could explain that "If you can't beat them, join them" -stuff.

So a vote for Nienna and a vote for Kuru.

I'm off to work. Make good decisions.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:30 PM   #262
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noggie
I'm off to work. Make good decisions.
Yes, Noggie dear. I'll eat my vegetables, take out the trash, and go to bed on time. I've learned a lot from your example.

I think I'll look over Nienna's posts real quick and see what the fuss is about. It's possible I forgot to actually....you know....read her post when I went through the thread. I'm such a silly hobbit.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:32 PM   #263
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
You're right - Nienna does look rather bad in light of that sequence of posts, like she's fishing for a bandwagon almost. She might just be an innocent who didn't have any better idea, but this seems a far more substantial case than any others that have been made toDay. I think I'll be voting Nienna.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:35 PM   #264
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Ok, I'm just going to vote now. I'm tired and have a few things to do before bed.

++Nienna
Old 04-13-2009, 10:36 PM   #265
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Pipe Hunting the Prophet.

The updated vote list (times in GMT +8):
  • 19:10 Nilp - Sally
    Sally - 1

• 04:58 Green - Agan (no highlight)
    Sally - 1

• 06:39 Kuru - Agan
    Sally - 1, Agan - 1

• 08:27 Fea - Agan
    Sally - 1, Agan - 2

• 09:47 Nienna - Nog
    Sally - 1, Agan - 2, Nog - 1

• 10:02 Agan - Kuru +1
    Sally - 1, Agan - 2, Nog - 1, Kuru - 2

• 10:54 Kent - Kuru
    Sally - 1, Agan - 2, Nog - 1, Kuru - 3

• 12:11 Firefoot - Kuru
    Sally - 1, Agan - 2, Nog - 1, Kuru - 4

• 12:20 Form - Nilp
    Sally - 1, Agan - 2, Nog - 1, Kuru - 4, Nilp - 1

• 12:27 Nog - Nienna, Kuru
    Sally - 1, Agan - 2, Nog - 1, Kuru - 5, Nilp - 1, Nienna - 1

• 12:35 Gwath - Nienna
    Sally - 1, Agan - 2, Nog - 1, Kuru - 5, Nilp - 1, Nienna - 2

Yet to vote: Alonariel, Brinn, Izzy, Sally, Shasta.

Kuru's in the lead. On his first game in a long time.

Also, Firefoot, Aganzir's a she. (As I should very well know, haha. )

Last edited by Nilpaurion Felagund; 04-13-2009 at 10:38 PM. Reason: formatting, added Gwath's vote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:38 PM   #266
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

I decided that yeah, Nienna does have some furry potential. And I know she's blinking brilliant as a wolf, so I'd hate to give her a free pass for too long and then wind up dead.

++Nienna

Random question. If I don't attach any extra votes, I can just do ++name, right? Or should I put ++name(0) just to be safe?

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 04-13-2009 at 10:41 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:39 PM   #267
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I'm going to vote for Nienna based on what I previously said. Though these seeming hoppers here, make it an almost uncomfortable vote.

++Nienna (0)

Though, I'm almost tempted to vote for Nog. What are you getting at, with voting for two different people on this Day? There is no double execution. Experimenting perhaps?

X'd since Gwath's 264. Oh?
Old 04-13-2009, 10:46 PM   #268
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Yeesh, I was going to say Kuru seems like the easy lynch toDay, though now it's looking like Nienna.

I really don't want to see Kuru go so early, as he is not one who comes here often and I'd actually like to experience playing with him (and only one Day is hardly playing).

I'm tempted to vote Nienna as I do agree some of her early comments do sound suspicious. Though I feel slightly hesitant with this sudden bandwagon against her. But I'd rather see her go than Kuru.

As for Agan, she doesn't strike me as innocent or evil at the moment so I really have no strong desire to see her lynched.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:57 PM   #269
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Votes:

Sally- 1
Agan- 2
Noggie- 1
Kuru- 5
Nilp- 1
Nienna- 4

Hmm...am I the deciding vote of the Day? Seems that way as it doesn't look like any other non-voters will show..

Part of me really doesn't want to bandwagon since I'm a bit wary of the others who are part of it, but I think I will anyway since I'd like to give Kuru the opportunity to play at least one more Day. And although I am bandwaggoning, at least I'm doing it against someone I somewhat suspect.

++Nienna (0)
Old 04-13-2009, 11:01 PM   #270
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Day 1 over.

If you x-post with this post, delete your post please.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:18 PM   #271
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

THE LIVING
  • Aganzir
  • Alonariel
  • Brinniel
  • Fea
  • Firefoot
  • Formendacil
  • Green
  • Gwath
  • Izzy
  • Kent
  • Kuruharan
  • Lari
  • Nilp
  • Nogrod
  • Sally
  • Shasta

Score: 13-3

THE DEAD
  • Nienna (Ordo, Day 1 lynch)

Note: Day 1 narration will be posted later along with mid-Night 2 narration.
Old 04-14-2009, 03:16 PM   #272
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

The Downers glanced at their watches. It was just past eleven, and no one was precisely certain what time constituted day and night. "I guess it's not a twelve hour cycle," Agan had observed after 6 o'clock, for they had regained consciousness at six in the morning. "Obviously not sun set," Brin had remarked shortly after 8 o'clock. A bit later, Fea suggested midnight, and this opinion was seconded by several.

"If Day truly ends at midnight, then hadn't we better cast our votes?" asked Firefoot.

"But how are we supposed to cast our votes?" asked Formendacil.

"Type them on our computers maybe," suggested Green.

"And if you didn't bring one, maybe write it on a piece of paper," added Gwath.

"Forget the voting," said Izzy. "All I can think about is the actual lynch. I mean- what do we do after we've counted the votes?"

There was an uncomfortable silence. For the first time, it really hit home what was being asked of them. They would actually have to kill one of their fellow Downers, not knowing if they were innocent or not.

Finally Kent spoke up. "No way. I'm not doing it. I mean, honestly. Why don't we just sit here and do nothing? The only person who has done any killing to this point is The Witch King. For all we know there won't be any killing at night, and he just wanted to see us kill each other for his amusement."

There were many who had doubts, but no one said a word. Even if they were in favor of a lynch, how could they possibly say so to everyone else. How could you look your fellow Downers in the eye and say, "No, I really think I ought to try and kill one of you"?

Kuru's watch beeped. "It's midnight," he said unnecessarily. Everyone knew what time it was. In the silence, it seemed that they could hear the sound of a huge waterfall, deep and thunderous. It grew louder, and soon the tables and chairs shook and glasses fell from behind the bar and shattered on the floor. And then silence again, followed by the dull thud of Nienna's body hitting the floor.

A cold lifeless voice spoke from the walls and floor and ceiling. "You have failed to cast any votes, but there must be a death, and so I have taken an innocent from you. Such is the penalty for your lack of participation. Your only hope lies in following the rules of the game. Do not fail again."

There was a flash of light, and all the Downers fell to the floor or slumped in their chairs. It was night.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:09 PM   #273
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Aganzir's eyes popped open, and she immediately lifted her head from the table on which she rested. She cried out in pain. Her cheek and hair had broken contact most painfully, as the table was extremely sticky from mugs which had spilled their contents the previous day.

She grabbed a wad of napkins and attempted to wipe some of the residue from her face, but a voice behind her whispered, "Don't bother cleaning up, dear." A strong arm wrapped around her neck. "Nobody looks good when they're dead anyway."

---------------

All at once the Downers awoke from their sleep as if startled by some loud noise, or painful touch.

"Is night over?" said Lari immediately, leaping to her feet.

"Is anyone dead?" asked Nilp fearfully.

"Look around. Is anyone missing?" said Nogrod.

From across the room, Sally spotted a pair of boots sticking out from beneath a table in the corner. "Over there!" she cried.

Shasta stepped to the table and pulled it sideways, and light fell upon the body of Aganzir. There was a continuous dark bruise all around her neck, and her eyes stared blankly at the ceiling. The cold voice spoke from all around just as it had the day before. "Another innocent lies dead."

---------------

THE LIVING
  • Alonariel (10)
  • Brinniel (10)
  • Fea (10)
  • Firefoot (10)
  • Formendacil (10)
  • Green (10)
  • Gwath (10)
  • Izzy (10)
  • Kent (10)
  • Kuruharan (10)
  • Lari (10)
  • Nilp (10)
  • Nogrod (9)
  • Sally (10)
  • Shasta (10)

Score: 12-3

THE DEAD
  • Nienna (10) (Ordo, Day 1 lynch)
  • Aganzir (9) (Ordo, Night 2 kill)

DAY 2 IS OPEN.

edit: added bonus votes

Last edited by the phantom; 04-14-2009 at 11:40 PM.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 11:21 PM   #274
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

*achoo*

Oh dear.
Well, right off the bat I'm thinking Gwath and Sally look fishy from their votes yesterDay. Though if wolf mates, would they really be that obvious?

That whole bit about failing to cast any votes, and our only hope is in following the rules. Is something implied to us as a group, or someone in particular? Or just a bit of story telling?

I think I'm going to go search for some anti-dust materials. This place needs a bit of cleaning it seems, wreaking havoc on my sinuses.

*achoo*
Old 04-14-2009, 11:52 PM   #275
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Hmm...Aganzir's death is a bit of a surprise. She obviously wasn't a no trail kill. I wonder why the baddies picked her...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy
That whole bit about failing to cast any votes, and our only hope is in following the rules. Is something implied to us as a group, or someone in particular? Or just a bit of story telling?
I was kinda wondering that myself, though perhaps it is just storytelling.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:54 PM   #276
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
Well, right off the bat I'm thinking Gwath and Sally look fishy from their votes yesterDay.
As well as you Izzy and Brinn, right?

Well. That was one of the weirdest bandwagons ever.

I mean it's not only that Kuru's confident lead in the votes was unanimously brought even with four consecutive votes to Nienna. But also, it was not done by Nilp, Form, Fea etc. who have a long history with Kuru and who would have particularly wished to see him alive if there was no major reason to lynch him. Let it be added that even if people oftentimes feel insecure with their voting - especially when they think they have only bad choices to choose from - there's an air of apology-making in the last votes that does raise an eyebrow.

All this look fishy indeed. If one could just point one's finger into it.

On another topic. What was this yesterDay Nilp and Firefoot? What were you thinking in here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilp
Agan 216 a seer hint?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot
It strikes me as really interesting that Agan would want to throw a bonus vote out there already - it seems like a rather unfounded move, given the amount of material we have to go on. Hmmm... unless he's the seer... Kuru would be a fairly logical choice as a first night dream, he's well known enough. And that would explain why Agan came out swinging at him.
Well, anyway it looks like the baddies took the hint. The remaining question is, whether the baddies were under pressure to kill her because Kuru is one of them or was it just a clean-up operation to be sure?

EDIT: X'd with Brinn...
Old 04-15-2009, 12:05 AM   #277
Kent2010
Wight

I'm not understanding the reasons why people decided not to vote for Kuru. I'm not saying he looked obviously bad yesterday and you're out of your mind for not voting for him, but I don't get some of the reasons for not voting for him.

Quote:
I see why people suspect Kuru and he might be my choice as well - although I'm afraid it will only be a cobbler we get that way. But that's not bad for Day1, or any Day.
-Nogrod
He says it would not be a bad thing to get the cobbler, but that conflicts his first statement that Nog's "afraid" Kuru will only be the cobbler.

That split vote for Nienna and Kuru was wierd too. Someone who earlier harped about we have to kill someone "for real" and we have to be careful, votes for 2 people on Day 1? Were you trying to propel Nienna to the lynch, or in the very least making your best attempt to save Kuru, without over-committing?

Quote:
I really don't want to see Kuru go so early, as he is not one who comes here often and I'd actually like to experience playing with him (and only one Day is hardly playing).
-Brinn
Nifty excuse to not vote for someone.

No offense met Kuru, but I don't care if you only played every 100 years, if you are a baddie would vote you out as soon as possible, Day 1 or not, aren't in werewolf that much or not, shouldn't be a factor.

Quote:
Part of me really doesn't want to bandwagon since I'm a bit wary of the others who are part of it, but I think I will anyway since I'd like to give Kuru the opportunity to play at least one more Day.
-Brinn
Is now a good time for you?
Old 04-15-2009, 12:16 AM   #278
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots That will teach me to have to miss the rest of the day...

Here is my current little rundown before I hit the sack for the night.

Alonariel – No idea, has not appeared

Brinniel – Faintly suspicious

Fea – Always suspicious

Firefoot – Definitely suspicious

Form – ehhh…not too suspicious at this moment

Green – ehhh…also not too suspicious at this moment

Gwath – Definitely suspicious

Izzy – Really not sure

Kent – Suspicious

Lari – AWOL

Nilp – errr…

Nogrod – Faintly suspicious...to my reading seems to have been one of the initial ones to mention Nienna...

Sally – Really not sure

Shasta – Really not sure

Switching it up a little bit, I’m going to analyze some of the ones I’m really not sure about.

Izzy

#187 appears

#218 – Says Agan is giving Grima too much credit – points out that Grima can only make a gifted fall ill once
Says the baddies may be smoother because they are always in touch
Says we should worry too much about the extra votes

#259 – Says she doesn’t understand why Agan and I are appearing so shifty to everyone else
Says Nog looks like himself
Says she is tempted to vote Nienna

#267 – Votes Nienna

I agree with a number of the things she says. She seems quite sensible and reasonable…which in a way I find troubling. Then she voted for Nienna.

Sally

#233 – appears, whips us all into shape

#250 – Substantive comment is that there wasn’t much to do on Day One
Says she will be watching who hordes votes
Doesn’t find Grima hunting useful
Says that some are more off the wall when they are wolves
Comments on how little posting took place on Day One

#258 – Says she has no idea who to vote for yet

#262 – Wants to review Nienna

#266 – Votes Nienna

Some useful comments but then ends up voting Nienna.

Shasta

#205 – appears, says he is processing events

Disappears and doesn’t return.

It may be mistaken but my initial instinct is that wolves would post more.

I don't think all of these are werewolves (obviously because they are not on my "Suspicious" list) but I definitely think at least one might be.

Quote:
No offense met Kuru, but I don't care if you only played every 100 years, if you are a baddie would vote you out as soon as possible, Day 1 or not, aren't in werewolf that much or not, shouldn't be a factor.
An admirable sentiment, one I, in fact, completely agree with.

Last edited by Kuruharan; 04-15-2009 at 12:18 AM. Reason: closed the parenthesis after "Suspicious" list
Kuruharan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:24 AM   #279
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Well sure, Nog. From your perspective you could lump all of us Nienna voters in the fishy category. Then, you'd be fish-ifying yourself.

Brin's saving of Kuru looked genuine. Unless she doesn't normally do that?

Gwath's and Sally's votes for Nienna look the most bandwagonish. They seemingly come out of nowhere - as in; literally right after you posted about her.

X'd with Kuru.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:38 AM   #280
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent
That split vote for Nienna and Kuru was wierd too. Someone who earlier harped about we have to kill someone "for real" and we have to be careful, votes for 2 people on Day 1? Were you trying to propel Nienna to the lynch, or in the very least making your best attempt to save Kuru, without over-committing?
Perhaps the opposite maybe? Since according to the sheets tacked to the wall over there - whomever has the most votes last would get the axe. I wonder about your voting order there Nog.