The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-25-2004, 10:52 PM   #481
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Raefindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Raefindel
Quote:
I know a fair selection of LotR enthusiasts, some more rabid than others
*Rae scratches head and wonders where on Helen's scale of rabidness I fall*

Gandolfi? Hmm... I have a fair selection of Legolai myself. We'll have to see about getting you a Frodo.

I got a LOTR game for Christmas (which one I don't remember) but we returned it when we found it half the price somewhere else and then never bought it at the cheaper place, anyway.
Old 02-26-2004, 07:32 AM   #482
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
least rabid... most rabid

Hmmm, interesting thought. Let's say:

Least Rabid: "I saw the movie, yeah. How come Frodo has to leave at the end?"

Not Very Rabid: "The second time I saw the movie, I didn't have to hide my eyes when the black riders came."

Moderately Rabid: "I'm supposed to make slipcovers and boxes for my books...? Oh, okay."

Pretty Rabid: "I have lots of costumes... but I don't wear them in public."

Very Rabid: "Hobbit costume?? Get real. I dress like this EVERY day."

Raveningly Rabid: "Hey, there's a LotR edition with cover art I don't have. Do you take credit cards??"
Old 02-26-2004, 09:52 AM   #483
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

LOL!

Guess I'm "pretty rabid". I don't wear my costumes in public, although I will admit to making excuses for fearing them at home.
Old 02-26-2004, 11:48 AM   #484
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Oh dear, I'm Raveningly Rabid. I've been steadily working towards my goal of completely buying all of the Middle-earth merchandise in Waldenbooks. Well... not all of it, but one of each thing.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fėanor, and there he slew Finwė King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwė alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 05:23 PM   #485
Hildigard

Silmaril

Quote:
These are the pictures of the stained glass lamp that my dad made me! It's an awesome lamp and he and I designed it together with some help from Weta and other artists.
Imladris: That is absolutely incredible...definitely one-of-a-kind!!

~Alatįriėl (now posting under an alias due to login problems with the new forum)
Old 02-26-2004, 05:38 PM   #486
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
[QUOTE]Moderately Rabid: "I'm supposed to make slipcovers and boxes for my books...? Oh, okay."

Hm. I think I fall somewhere in between these two. I on occasion wear my Hobbit costume to church, 'cause the dress is pretty, and the cloak is actually quite warm. Never made any of the above for my books, though. (Slipcovers? It would cover up the nice pic of Li'l Mr. Wood. Nuh-uh.)

Back on topic, my Kindereggs have not yet arrived, yet, much less have I seen what's in them, plus I am fighting for a set of stickers on ebay that feature FOTR stuff. Seems all of my stickers/cards are TTT or ROTK.
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Samwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 05:40 PM   #487
Hildigard

Silmaril

Quote:
a replica of Gimli's axe, of narsil and Anduril (people say,"whats the difference?")
Nirvana II: I have both Narsil and Andśril also (as well as Sting, Strider's Ranger Sword and Hadhafang), and if people don't know the difference between them, maybe we should send Aragorn over to 'explain'...even my 10 year old granddaughter can tell the difference.

~Alatįriėl (now posting under an alias due to login problems with the new forum)
Old 02-26-2004, 05:46 PM   #488
Hildigard

Silmaril

Quote:
Raveningly Rabid: "Hey, there's a LotR edition with cover art I don't have. Do you take credit cards??"
Helen: Ok, I guess my secret's out...

~Alatįriėl the Raveningly Rabid (posting under an alias due to login problems with the new forum)
Old 02-26-2004, 05:58 PM   #489
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Quote:
Alatįriėl the Raveningly Rabid
LOL, Miss Lynn....
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Old 02-26-2004, 06:08 PM   #490
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

OH! I do have a new addition to my collection, though....actually a couple....hope I haven't mentioned the first before....[list=1][*]An article a neighbor gave me about Sean Astin (unfortunately most of the article itself cut off, but two nice pictures....on one side him sitting on a motorbike with that infectious grin on his face, and on the other one of him, his wife, and Miss Ali, and he looks like the proudest daddy on the face of the planet.[*]The second is a sketch of Sam done by a gal on my own LOTR site....sort of anime style....but very adorable. I'll see if I can scan it. [/list=1]
Old 02-26-2004, 06:19 PM   #491
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morai has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
The Eye Degrees of Rabid?

Quote:
Moderately Rabid: "I'm supposed to make slipcovers and boxes for my books...? Oh, okay."

I'm somewhere between those two. I don't have any of the books (don't hurt me please, I read them at school) but I do cover my binder with Frodo pictures. Once I figure how to draw a hobbit, they'll be on my text books too.
I also wore my Frodo costume on my birthday once, though it was pretty cheesy. The wig completely ruined it, and I haven't wore it since.
Old 02-26-2004, 07:27 PM   #492
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Pipe LotR Games

Quote:
Games? Yeah, yeah!
LotR Risk
Old 02-27-2004, 12:06 AM   #493
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Ring LOTR Rabidness? What Rabidness? *looks around*

Quote:
I would have to say that I am about Moderately and a little more (but just a tad, not much to worry about)

It actually does scare me sometimes how much LOTR stuff I have accumilated. I love all my things (my posters, sword, rings), but I do have a lot, and especially a lot of stuff for such a short amount of time.

Oh, and just to note, I have the LOTR Monopoly too, and I absoutely love it! (It was one of my birthday presents)
It is a great little game. I especially love all of the figures
Old 02-27-2004, 06:40 PM   #494
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Kindereggs and Cards

[QUOTE]Back on topic, my Kindereggs have not yet arrived, yet, much less have I seen what's in them, plus I am fighting for a set of stickers on ebay that feature FOTR stuff. Seems all of my stickers/cards are TTT or ROTK.[QUOTE]
Heh. Well, I was looking at one of my favorite sellers of LOTR cards (mainly from that obscure trading card game), and while I bid on quite a few, this is the one I want most:"A certain" Resolute Halfling

Also, my two Kindereggs came today! Haven't opened them yet--but are you supposed to hear something when you shake them?

Last edited by Samwise; 02-27-2004 at 07:28 PM.
Old 02-28-2004, 02:48 AM   #495
Rilwen Gamgee

Rilwen Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

*GASP!* A Sam card, very nice! I once saw a guy at ComicCon wearing a t-shirt with an image of a Sam card on the back!

Anyways, new stuff! (Birthday gifts from a week or so ago...):

- A "The History of Middle-earth for Dummies" book (I wouldn't call myself a "dummy", really, but it's a fun book to own! )
- A Merry and Pipping t-shirt (Very cute!)
Rilwen Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 04:07 PM   #496
warrenerd
Animated Skeleton

warrenerd has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to warrenerd
wow, i thought i was bad. how can i tell you how i feel? oh i know. i will laugh.
Old 03-03-2004, 06:33 PM   #497
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morai has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
Quote:
Anyway, one more note, I now have one of those ROTK bookmarks, the one with poor Frodo on one side, with Gandalf on the other. SCORE! And the other day I came across the one with Aragorn/Arwen, but I'll send that to my friend in Missouri.
As of Today, I also have the Merry & Pippin/ Eowyn & Theoden. YESSSS! Though, I almost got ran over by somebody trying to pick it up off the ground. It was at the bottom of a stairway at school. When I saw it, I nearly dived, but of course someone got in my way. Luckily I saw her before she saw me.
Old 03-03-2004, 07:26 PM   #498
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

"History of Middle Earth for Dummies"....actually, that sounds like a good book for me!

Wow! Free LOTR merchandise! Sounds like someone scored!

I have not won my Sam card yet (I am waiting for it and several other card auctions to end...I think the auction is nearly over, but I'm hoping if a sniper jumps in at the last second, it won't be for THAT card...
(Edit as of 5:28 pm--oohh---!!! Less than two hours....)

Over the weekend, my dad hung my Sting on its plaque--very nice. It is right next to my LOTR calendar, which for the month of March has a pic of Legolas on horseback.

My latest piece of my collection I recieved today was a project a friend sent to me--kind of a panoramic collage she did for school.
The background is a panorama of a park-like spot. On the far left is a cut-out of my friend in her Hobbit costume. On to the right are two silk roses, a duck, then a tree. Further to the right is me in my Hobbit costume (dress made by the young lady who did the project and cloak made by our own Raefindel), holding my Sting. Behind me is my "beast puppy". At first she seemed iffy about adding him, then I said, "Hey, Farmer Maggot had dogs..." (imagines my puppy and Fang and Grip, the latter two off in a corner whispering: "*snicker* HoneyBear, what a wimpy name...*snicker*")

Last edited by Samwise; 03-03-2004 at 07:30 PM.
Old 03-03-2004, 10:15 PM   #499
Amariden Ravenhill
Wight

Amariden Ravenhill has just left Hobbiton.
OH MY GOODNESS!! WHERE CAN YOU GET ANDURIL OR ANY LOTR SWORD, AND HOW MUCH ARE THEY?????!!!!! I live in the U.S.....yep......

Utślie'n aurė! Aiya Eldaliė ar Atanatįri, utślie'n aurė!
Amariden Ravenhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 11:01 PM   #500
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Uh, oh, this is how I got started....

Welcome to the Downs and the thread! I got my Sting at the Mithril Armoury. Its a really great place to get things. I thought my Sting was a good price, but that depends on your budget. Check it out if you'd like and have fun!
Old 03-03-2004, 11:27 PM   #501
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

WWHHHAAAHHHOOOOO!

I got it!!! Sam, Resolute Halfling!

I also got:
The Dead City,

Sneaking!, and

No Safe Places .

I am now waiting for two more card auctions to end.
Old 03-04-2004, 09:47 AM   #502
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Wow! Sam those are great!
Old 03-04-2004, 01:04 PM   #503
Amariden Ravenhill
Wight

I envy you all........I have FOTR and TTT extended editions, the Newsweek LOTR edition magazine (drool over all those SWORDS!) oh and I also have my Aragorn bookmark (my sis has Frodo and sometimes I take the ring and hiss My Precioussss to make my youngest sis laugh)

Old 03-04-2004, 01:10 PM   #504
Amariden Ravenhill
Wight

Oh MY GOODNESS!!! THANK YOU FOR THE LINK SAMWISE!!!! *grins maniacally and stares at all the amazing weapons* We wants them we does......... *drools*

Old 03-04-2004, 06:01 PM   #505
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Thank you, Miss Rae. You'll notice, that all if not most of them have my Sam in them....LOL...forget an LOTR collection, I pretty much have a Sean Astin as Sam collection...

And you are most welcome, Miss Amariden.
Old 03-05-2004, 08:55 PM   #506
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Location: Road to Rivendell: 2491 miles from Hobbiton, with Frodo and Sam, homeward bound
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril I'm back...and with new stuff!

My login problems have been corrected, thanks to the wonderful, kind, helpful, generous, brilliant, fabulous, magnificent, totally awesome Mr. Underhill--a prince among hobbits! I am so happy to be back with my real identity...

Got a few updates to the collection (surprise surprise):

LotR Trivial Pursuit
There and Back Again action figures (2nd set for display) (6 inch)
Éowyn in dress with sword (6 inch)
Boromir with sword, shield, horn and knife (6 inch)
Haradrim archer (6 inch)
Legolas (RotK with Rohan armor and sword) (6 inch)
Gollum (6 inch)
Smeagol (6 inch)
Traveling Bilbo (6 inch)
Frodo (FotR) (6 inch)
Gondorian horseman (3 inch)
Faramir, Madril & Gondorian Ranger (3 inch)
Small LotR Trilogy collage poster
Ash Wednesday dvd
Aragorn's banner (from the Black Gate scene)
Arwen's banner (from Aragorn's coronation scene)

Next up: Aragorn's elvish dagger & Legolas' knives

~Alatįriėl (wiping off the dust that's collected in my Barrow while I've been locked out)
Old 03-05-2004, 09:10 PM   #507
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

YAY!!

Welcome back, so to speak!

*scratches head* Ash Wednesday? Must be a movie one of our guys is in...

*Looks at the elf's list of new things* Gracious, where do you put it all--and what does Worf think of it???
Old 03-05-2004, 11:33 PM   #508
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Location: Road to Rivendell: 2491 miles from Hobbiton, with Frodo and Sam, homeward bound
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Welcome back, so to speak!

*scratches head* Ash Wednesday? Must be a movie one of our guys is in...

*Looks at the elf's list of new things* Gracious, where do you put it all--and what does Worf think of it???
Samwise: Thanks! It's so good to be back as my real self... **sighs with contentment**

Yeah, 'Ash Wednesday' is one of Elijah's recent flicks. He looks good, but it's not one of my favorites. He just wasn't believable to me as a young Irish/Catholic/American man with a wife and child who had murdered 2-3 men. And I don't know who wrote the screenplay, but they seemed to have been trying to set a record for the number of times the 'f' word could be used in a 2 hour movie. I love Elijah, but I'm afraid this just wasn't my 'cup o' tea'.

I live alone in a 3 bedroom house, so there's plenty of space for everything right now. When I start to run out of room, then I might try to cut back... And Worf is definitely NOT allowed to even sniff my LotR stuff!
Old 03-06-2004, 12:16 AM   #509
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Elijah's character...
Eh...I can't see that either...and I should have known it was a 'Lijah movie for you to mention it.

How many times...
Don't know WHY they have to do that...can we just TRY use the English language without that garbage???

Pooches and our LOTR stuff
Sigh...My Bear has gotten too close to my Sam and Bill SEVERAL times. He just likes to be close to me, though, he dosen't pay any attention to what he's nearly rolling over onto. My Sam/Bill do have a few scrapes, I'm afraid...but my doing...too much taking Sam off of the base to give him a hug...;p

Last edited by Samwise; 03-06-2004 at 12:19 AM.
Old 03-06-2004, 02:36 PM   #510
elfearz1
Shade of Carn Dūm

elfearz1 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elfearz1
Are we posting our whole collections? hmmm that might take a while.

I just got Lotr valentines! Has anyone else seen these? Of course I kept them all for myself, though. mwahahaha

anyone else catalog their collection?

<------ nerd.
elfearz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 07:30 PM   #511
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

I did--told about it a page or so ago...I lose track. I got two boxes. One I opened and gave some away. The other has not been opened.
Old 03-06-2004, 09:22 PM   #512
elfearz1
Shade of Carn Dūm

Eye

hmmm that's probably what I should have done. oh well.
Just in case there are more than one do yours say things like "May this ring true-happy v-day!" and "have a happy valentines day, Orc else!" hehe cheesy, but that's ok.
Old 03-06-2004, 09:27 PM   #513
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Hm. My two boxes had the exact same ones in them....I think. ;( I haven't seen either of those things on the ones in the box I opened. My fave of mine is one w/Sam that says, "Our Friendship Rings True", and one of Lego, Gandalf and Aragorn on horseback that says, "May Your Valentines' Day be full of adventure!" Actually, I'm pretty sure they're both the same, 'cause they'res pics of what's inside on the back.
Old 03-06-2004, 09:32 PM   #514
elfearz1
Shade of Carn Dūm

Your's must be different from mine. hmm cool!
Old 03-06-2004, 09:37 PM   #515
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Did you get yours in a regular store? Mine I got after Valentine's Day, it was kind of an accident--I walked into a $1 discount store, looked to my right and there they were, so I snagged them! They only had about 4 or 5 boxes I think.
Old 03-06-2004, 09:47 PM   #516
elfearz1
Shade of Carn Dūm

Eye

I got mine at Wal-mart I think, a long time before valentines day, I was looking for something else and just happened to find them!
Old 03-06-2004, 09:48 PM   #517
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin--

Good to see you again!

I normally can't stand R-rated movies. But I like Ash Wednesday, much to my husband's horror. Although R-rated this one IS essentially about self-sacrifice, and about placing your brother's life above your own, and about redeemption.

The use of the F-word is city life. I don't like it either. But it's not much worse than the college dorm useage...

Although Elijah did seem out of place,in a way, still I like the movie and I like his acting in it. Maybe I find his innocence (naivete) refreshing. I think that's why I have avoided "All I Want" (Try Seventeen) like the plague, since it's all about LOSS of innocence.
Old 03-07-2004, 09:55 PM   #518
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

YAY! Score another Sam close-up!

Sam, Needer of Vittles

I don't quite understand the title of the card ("Needer?"), but it's a nice pic. A tad less serious than "Steadfast Hobbit". Mr. Astin has such a nice smile. Maybe I'll get a close up with that one of these days.
Old 03-07-2004, 10:10 PM   #519
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Needer = he needs vittles. Actually, everybody (and hobbits in particular) are a needer of vittles. That's a very nice pic of Samwise.

Imladris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 10:13 PM   #520
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Hm...well, now that you describe it that way, it clicks, so to speak.