The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum


Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2015, 06:37 PM   #361
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul
 
Mithalwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: watching the wonga-wonga birds circle...
Posts: 9,752
Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Um sorry I fell asleep... I literally fell asleep.. could you all be slightly more amusing to keep me awake,, just a hint maths and philosophers aint the way to go.....
__________________
I see dead people.
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 06:38 PM   #362
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow
 
Aganzir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: in hollow halls beneath the fells
Posts: 4,607
Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Come now, you know how this dance works. You think it's some cheap injustice because you get caught by a slip of the fingers, a lapse of focus of not carefully combing your words. And the thieves at your door say "ah-ha we got you!" and that's all they harp on because that's all they have. But sometimes that is enough. We both understand the feeling of being robbed right under our nose, it makes our blood boil, but in the end what can you do? Tip your cap and silently think, next time we shall have a different dance.
And what a dance it shall be!

Anyway it's godawfully late (although there's something nostalgic about playing werewolf when the sun is rising) so...

++Greenie

Can't really think about this - or stay up - any longer and intuitively I feel worst about her.

I'm sorry about my lack of participation today, it's the combined result of being busy and having got way way way too little sleep these last several days. I promise to be better tomorrow if I'm still here, and if I'm not, well, do consider taking a look at the people who made it happen. *sprays mouth with silver paint*
__________________
He bit me, and I was not gentle.
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 06:50 PM   #363
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul
 
Mithalwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: watching the wonga-wonga birds circle...
Posts: 9,752
Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Fellow players, our absent (Gwathagor) will not be joining us looking at the other thread. Is there a case for lynching him or would doing Kuru's housekeeping be just lazy? If he is an innocent we save lynching another innocent, if he is a wolf well..great.. if a gifted.. well I suppose Kuru would be less likely to reallocate it if we lynch him rather than leaving him Hors Concours
__________________
I see dead people.
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 06:52 PM   #364
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith
 
Eomer of the Rohirrim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 4,988
Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Agan votes Green, hmm.

Both Green and Mac were listed as suspicious in her previous post, and she did narrow the choice down to them. Mac had 2 votes; Green had 1. Mac has garnered far more attention than Green. We might think voting Mac would give the better chance for Agan to avoid the noose one more time. But I suppose voting for Mac, as he was closest challenger to be today's lynch-candidate, would have looked too suspicious.

Latching on to Legate's strange case against Green might have proved a better option to save her skin; that is, if Green could have turned out to be another sleeper lynch like Nogrod was.
__________________
Los Ingobernables de Harlond
Eomer of the Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 06:59 PM   #365
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade
 
Kuruharan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: A Remote Dwarven Hold
Posts: 3,583
Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Fellow players, our absent (Gwathagor) will not be joining us looking at the other thread. Is there a case for lynching him or would doing Kuru's housekeeping be just lazy? If he is an innocent we save lynching another innocent, if he is a wolf well..great.. if a gifted.. well I suppose Kuru would be less likely to reallocate it if we lynch him rather than leaving him Hors Concours
Don't worry about Gwath.

He's removed and I'll just tell you now that Excel made him an Ordo.
__________________
...finding a path that cannot be found, walking a road that cannot be seen, climbing a ladder that was never placed, or reading a paragraph that has no...
Kuruharan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:03 PM   #366
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman
 
Boromir88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 7,065
Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Fellow players, our absent (Gwathagor) will not be joining us looking at the other thread. Is there a case for lynching him or would doing Kuru's housekeeping be just lazy? If he is an innocent we save lynching another innocent, if he is a wolf well..great.. if a gifted.. well I suppose Kuru would be less likely to reallocate it if we lynch him rather than leaving him Hors Concours
As much this seems like a bad break for us, I think it would be a waste to lynch Gwath. Just let his spirit leave the Barrow and hopefully find some rest.
__________________
I used to be for flip-flopping. Now I'm against it.

Fenris Penguin
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:05 PM   #367
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul
 
Mithalwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: watching the wonga-wonga birds circle...
Posts: 9,752
Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
White Tree

Thank you, o absent host.... better steel myself to read again. All rather a stab in the dark still
__________________
I see dead people.
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:06 PM   #368
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade
 
Kuruharan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: A Remote Dwarven Hold
Posts: 3,583
Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots /smacks self in head

I keep forgetting to do a...

"A mysterious metal pipe with a speaking horn attached suddenly appears in the hall and speaks thusly!"
__________________
...finding a path that cannot be found, walking a road that cannot be seen, climbing a ladder that was never placed, or reading a paragraph that has no...
Kuruharan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:13 PM   #369
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion
 
Macalaure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: roaming the forests of Nan Elmoth unmindfully
Posts: 2,749
Macalaure is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Macalaure is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Back and reading and thinking.

Vote count for starters:

Lottie -> morm
Nerwen -> Mac
Greenie -> Agan
Lalaith -> Agan(2)
Lommy -> Agan(3)
Legate -> Green
Caber -> Agan(4)
morm -> Mac(2)
Agan -> Green(2)

Agan 4, me and Greenie 2, morm 1
__________________
D'ici bas je perçois ma demeure, ses prairies éternelles perdues dans les nuées.
Là où naissent les couleurs nouvelles,
Là où mon coeur et mon âme sont restés.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:14 PM   #370
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul
 
Mithalwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: watching the wonga-wonga birds circle...
Posts: 9,752
Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Nvm Kuru....you are being amusing.. I shan't vote for you, now how about a little clue to make up for being an ordo down?
__________________
I see dead people.
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:15 PM   #371
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic
 
Shastanis Althreduin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In fire, water, earth, and air. But mostly water.
Posts: 2,619
Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I apologize for my lack of participation today - I've been on the road to a hotel for a lot of it.

We've an hour to go until DL and I'm still not certain who I'm voting for. Most of the suspicions I've had thus far have lessened a bit, save Lottie who I've said I'd rather not vote for toDay on account of she's not here to answer my questions.

I did think Agan was suspiciously jumpy yesterday, but toDay I do think she's made an unanswered point;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
Thinlómien - strong and overtly excited reaction to my joke, and tries to make it sound like I used tiredness as my only excuse when I in fact said I got really upset because I felt she was being intentionally rude.
(bolding mine)

It may just be Aganwolf grasping at anything and everything to save themselves, but I've had the same reaction when I thought someone was being intentionally rude to me, so I'm probably biased in thinking she's telling the truth here. Of course, as I type this, it occurs to me that I can't think of any reason it can't actually be the truth for an Aganwolf. And Lommy hasn't posted since she said that, either, so it's not as though she's had a chance to answer this.

I may go back momentarily and look at Lommy, actually; something Eomer said recently struck a bit of a chord with me regarding her -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer
egate's lonely vendetta against Green is very curious and interesting: there's a fair chance that his intentions are pure but it reminds me all too much of a tactic I've pursued, with evil motive, in the past - focus with laserlike precision on a random villager of whom no-one else is taking notice.
Granted, Agan has hardly gone without notice but Lommy's been fairly laserlike as far as I can tell. I need to go back and see if she's focused on anyone else.
__________________
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 06-04-2015 at 07:15 PM. Reason: x'ed since Boro
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:16 PM   #372
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade
 
Kuruharan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: A Remote Dwarven Hold
Posts: 3,583
Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
now how about a little clue to make up for being an ordo down?
Very well.

The wolves have posted somewhere in this thread.
__________________
...finding a path that cannot be found, walking a road that cannot be seen, climbing a ladder that was never placed, or reading a paragraph that has no...
Kuruharan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:22 PM   #373
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia
 
Rikae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: A glade open to the stars, deep in Nan Elmoth
Posts: 3,286
Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Of the current candidates I think Greenie is the creepiest, however, I'd much prefer Lottie. Is there any support for that?
__________________
The skies of this world were always meant to have dragons. When they are not there, humans miss them.
~Yes, I'm a guy!~
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:22 PM   #374
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul
 
Mithalwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: watching the wonga-wonga birds circle...
Posts: 9,752
Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I suppose an useful one would have been too much to ask for? sigh..
__________________
I see dead people.
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:24 PM   #375
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla
 
Firefoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 7,646
Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
After reading over Greenie's posts, I don't really understand the campaign against her. Still not convinced about Agan, either - I sort of wonder if this whole Again/Lommy business has gotten way out of proportion, to the exclusion of discussing other players... *if* both of them are innocent, it would be a good tactic by wolves to keep pushing that discussion, keep the focus there and off themselves. Or maybe everyone else is more perceptive than me and I just don't see what's right in front of my face.

I'm becoming increasingly convinced of Eomer's innocence; he seems to be echoing my confused villager thoughts.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:27 PM   #376
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith
 
Eomer of the Rohirrim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 4,988
Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Of the current candidates I think Greenie is the creepiest, however, I'd much prefer Lottie. Is there any support for that?
Eh... I could be persuaded.

But Green I don't buy; and now I'm seeing a Legate/Agan combination setting her up - which probably doesn't make much sense, but oh well. Anyway, I'm somewhat less concerned about saving Agan right now.

On Mac I have little idea, but seemed fairly sincere so far. No giant red arrows anyway.

What's up with Loslote?
__________________
Los Ingobernables de Harlond
Eomer of the Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:30 PM   #377
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful
 
Nilpaurion Felagund's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Posts: 5,379
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to Nilpaurion Felagund Send a message via Yahoo to Nilpaurion Felagund Send a message via Skype™ to Nilpaurion Felagund
Eye Immediate reactions

Koala
  • Mithalwen - Mum feels too detached and bored to be anyone with a role. Also, is my mother.
  • Formendacil - His Evel Knievel-style self-voting was... Casting what could be the last stone against yourself takes... stones. *apologises*
  • Rikae - Still feel the same way about the Mistress as I did yesterDAY.
  • Boromir88 - Nothing changed since yesterDAY.
  • Legate of Amon Lanc - Continuing the 'anyone who thinks like I do is innocent' meme, his analysis of the NIGHT kills tells me he's an innocent trying to make sense of a cruel, senseless, and information-less world.

Shark-infested waters


Swarm of killer beers [sic]
  • Aganzir - I have an evil(!) idea drafted called 'Agan as test case' where knowledge of her role and Nogrod would help clear up plenty of confusion regarding yesterDAY's vote. Since she remains fairly suspicious, I'd not mind going through with this plan. I'd most likely vote for her toDAY

Komodo dragon
  • Kath

Godzilla
  • Nilpaurion Felagund - I said 'evil'. Lynch me.
  • Kuruharan

The rest of you I should have a read on, but no hard and fast one. I'll go through the middle-class posters (most of the absentees on the list) to see if I missed anything.
__________________
フェンリス鴨 (Fenrisu Kamo)
You can't tell an ordinary man and a weirdo apart until they act.
I intend to copy this sig forever - so far so good...
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:31 PM   #378
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion
 
Macalaure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: roaming the forests of Nan Elmoth unmindfully
Posts: 2,749
Macalaure is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Macalaure is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Looking pretty innocent to me:
Rikae
Lommy
Lalaith
Eomer
Mithalwen

Leaning innocent:
McCaber
Boromir
(buying his explanation about the innocent slip)
mormegil
Nilp
(the wolf-on-wolf comment about Lommy-Agan is the only thing I have on him)
Legate (still don't like that one post of his earlier toDay, but otherwise I don't see anything)
Greenie

Still under the radar:
Kath

Undecided:
Formendacil (behavior is somewhat suspicious, but that self-vote...)
Nerwen
Shasta


Somewhat suspicious:
Sally (her case against Rune and some general uneasiness)
Lottie (her behavior around the Agan-Lommy argument resulting in her vote yesterDay, and her jumping on morm toDay)
Firefoot (throwing shady suspicions at me and then jumping on it when I argued against them, only reason she's in this group and not one up is because I'm worried about being kneejerk)

Fairly suspicious:
Aganzir (reason stated all over the place)

I'm surprised Agan voted for Greenie. She suspected me, too, and I already had more votes.

Reason tells me the case against Agan is clear, but my gut hesitates. I don't like any of the present alternatives, though, especially since one of those alternatives is me.
__________________
D'ici bas je perçois ma demeure, ses prairies éternelles perdues dans les nuées.
Là où naissent les couleurs nouvelles,
Là où mon coeur et mon âme sont restés.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:36 PM   #379
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler
 
satansaloser2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: from beneath you it giggles incessantly
Posts: 5,576
satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Speaking of falling asleep....
__________________
"My heart always cowers behind the defense of my wit."
Friendship is two pals munching on a well-cooked face together.
Fenris bookworm.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:39 PM   #380
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia
 
Rikae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: A glade open to the stars, deep in Nan Elmoth
Posts: 3,286
Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Firefoot

Day 1
5 - 25% chance of nailing a baddie today
8 - Banter
37 - wants to orchestrate vote to ensure a tie
51 -Reiterates that she wants a tie
200 - Unsure who seems more suspicions of Lommy/Agan, Nog probably innocent because of role confusion
207 - Admitted throw-away vote for Gwath

Day 2
252 - why innocents and wolves would/would not want to tie. Seems not to conclude much from it (gives reasons on all sides), but finds Lottie, Mac & McCaber suspicious.
253 - Getting bad vibes from me, gives no reason.
280 - Suspicious of the Nogawagon
284 - Says Mac is being defensive
348 -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot
I apologize if I seem wishy-washy; the real problem is that I just don't have enough time to dig through the massive number of posts in this thread to make good analyses, but I don't want to be absent either, so I've mostly just been posting impressions.
I can relate to that when pressed for time, but still, the result is pretty indistinguishable from safe-under-reindeer-wolvery.
352 - Suspicion list. Lottie, Mac & McCaber still top suspects (as in her first post).

Conclusions: very safe, very under-the-radar, but otherwise seems innocent enough.
__________________
The skies of this world were always meant to have dragons. When they are not there, humans miss them.
~Yes, I'm a guy!~
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:41 PM   #381
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia
 
Rikae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: A glade open to the stars, deep in Nan Elmoth
Posts: 3,286
Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
Eh... I could be persuaded.

But Green I don't buy; and now I'm seeing a Legate/Agan combination setting her up - which probably doesn't make much sense, but oh well. Anyway, I'm somewhat less concerned about saving Agan right now.

On Mac I have little idea, but seemed fairly sincere so far. No giant red arrows anyway.

What's up with Loslote?
Well, I analyzed her earlier and thought she looked pretty sketchy.
__________________
The skies of this world were always meant to have dragons. When they are not there, humans miss them.
~Yes, I'm a guy!~
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:42 PM   #382
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia
 
Rikae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: A glade open to the stars, deep in Nan Elmoth
Posts: 3,286
Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Why does everyone find me innocent? Suspect me, people! I have a wolf avatar! What's a person gotta do to get suspected around here?
__________________
The skies of this world were always meant to have dragons. When they are not there, humans miss them.
~Yes, I'm a guy!~
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:43 PM   #383
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic
 
Shastanis Althreduin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In fire, water, earth, and air. But mostly water.
Posts: 2,619
Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
On Lommy

#70 - Comes out as anti-tie, queries the wisdom of instructing the dead thread, and "smells Freud" in regards to Agan (the start of the infamous slip-fest). Again, re-reading it, I may be naive but it seems like a pretty straightforward Agan-esque joke to me.

#129 - Clarifies where she's coming from re: Agan, and I can kind of see where she's coming from in that the joke itself can kind of be read in two different lights ('lynching' vs 'killing' and the derivative of 'we'). Weirdly enough, I get the impression that had Agan reacted to the alternate reading ('lynching' vs 'killing'), Lommy would have been okay with it? Except to me they seem relatively the same. Perhaps I'm just reading into it differently. Anyway, Lommy uses this as the basis for suspecting Agan due to reacting a bit too wolvishly (I think?) She also mentions always suspecting Lottie on Day 1, although I don't think anything ever came of this. I agree with her statements about not wasting lynch opportunities. I also basically agree with everything she's said thus far about the dead thread -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
I disagree. We cannot control the Dead Thread. I've been thinking about this and what I would do if I died and had to vote on the dead thread. First off, I would be likely to start lazing because following two threads and general frustration at being dead, ugh. (I'm being honest here.) Being the good citizen I am, I'd still probably get as far as voting. Now, would I follow the instructions of the living? Possibly, unless we dead people had a better idea. How to convey that to the living? And - I'm emphasizing this again - whose instructions would I follow? Say, the phantom suggests a course of action for the dead thread. Six living people state they agree. Four state they disagree. The rest don't comment. Now, are the living to assume the dead then followed the instructions? How could they know? Or what if two living players had two different ideas for what the dead should do and there was no clear consensus? Whose idea would the dead follow then? And how would the living ever deduce whose idea the dead went with?

Seriously, unless we elect a living village spokesperson or something, there's no way of clearly communicating with the dead. The best we can do is probably use our knowledge of the personalities and the playing styles of the deceased and try to guess what those particular players would do, but that's a little risky. In short, we shouldn't make decisions based on how we can use the dead thread until we have found a way to do so, because it's possible we'll never find one.
#133 - More about the dead thread.

#139 - Lommy makes a list of everyone. It's worth noting that the only person in her "The Bad" category besides Agan is Sally, for -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
in a manner that makes me think of sneaky Sallywolves of the past
However, in her "The Ugly" category there are a number of people who appear to also be under the radar, including Gwath, McCaber, Boro, and Kath. It's also worth noting that Lommy adds Agan's position on tying the lynch (she's pro-tie) to reasons to suspect her.

#145 - More about the dead thread and the plan to get information from it.

#157 - Lommy really cements her suspicion of Agan here, adding Agan's defensiveness (which, again, I tend to agree with, whatever the reason) to her reasoning. Honestly, the more I read Lommy's posts the more I see where she's coming from. It is possible an Aganwolf was trying to handwave Lommy's suspicion of her by painting her as silly. I can't really speak with certainty for why Agan might have made a slip (if indeed it is one), but -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
If you were innocent, you wouldn't be half as annoyed by me remarking on your wolvish perspective, and I suspect you're just enjoying your wolfing in this game with a nice pack and even the tiniest prospect that your enjoyment might be cut short both makes you fight back and gets on your nerves because you dislike being "busted" on something so trivial, especially if you indeed intentionally chose to comment on morm's joke from that angle and I was accusing you on the wrong grounds.
is kinda plausible, I guess. (I admit my first reaction to rereading this is what I'd say if she talked to me like this - "How do you know what I would and would not do in a given situation? You're not me." )



Given that we're so close to DL, I'm going to go ahead and post the first part of this. I haven't seen Lommy really suspect anyone else, which was the main reason I came back to do this in the first place, but I do admit to being a bit more suspicion of Agan now. I have to wonder if the main reason I want to think Agan is innocent is that I'm an emotional player like she is.
__________________
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 06-04-2015 at 07:43 PM. Reason: x'ed since Rikae's 381
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:47 PM   #384
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion
 
Macalaure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: roaming the forests of Nan Elmoth unmindfully
Posts: 2,749
Macalaure is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Macalaure is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'll admit I gave starting a bandwaggon for Lottie a thought, but:
- I'm not sure about the chances of success, and with my own life possibly on the line, I don't want to risk it
- Another last minute bandwaggon to save Agan?
- Even though my gut is playing tricks with my mind right now, when it comes down to it, I simply suspect Aganzir more.

So why wait any longer:

++Aganzir
__________________
D'ici bas je perçois ma demeure, ses prairies éternelles perdues dans les nuées.
Là où naissent les couleurs nouvelles,
Là où mon coeur et mon âme sont restés.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:48 PM   #385
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla
 
Firefoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 7,646
Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Getting close to the deadline, so for previously stated reasons:

++Macalaure
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:51 PM   #386
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful
 
Nilpaurion Felagund's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Posts: 5,379
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to Nilpaurion Felagund Send a message via Yahoo to Nilpaurion Felagund Send a message via Skype™ to Nilpaurion Felagund
Sting Vote list + vote

Lottie -> morm
Nerwen -> Mac
Greenie -> Agan
Lalaith -> Agan(2)
Lommy -> Agan(3)
Legate -> Green
Caber -> Agan(4)
morm -> Mac(2)
Agan -> Green(2)
Mac -> Agan(5)
Firefoot -> Mac(3)

And my vote make it six for

++Aganzir
__________________
フェンリス鴨 (Fenrisu Kamo)
You can't tell an ordinary man and a weirdo apart until they act.
I intend to copy this sig forever - so far so good...
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:51 PM   #387
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman
 
Boromir88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 7,065
Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Given that we're so close to DL, I'm going to go ahead and post the first part of this. I haven't seen Lommy really suspect anyone else, which was the main reason I came back to do this in the first place, but I do admit to being a bit more suspicion of Agan now. I have to wonder if the main reason I want to think Agan is innocent is that I'm an emotional player like she is.
My recent back-and-forth with Agan here I was trying to press to her a bit, because she's been dropping signs around that she knows more, or is more than an ordo. And even though there seems to be frustration that her jests have been scrutinized, I was letting her know she should know by now that's how this dance works. Everything comes under scrutiny, and she shouldn't be surprised when she willingly attracts attention that she becomes the focus of the scrutiny.

She stopped short of any reveal (true or false) which could mean she's a wolf and sees the writing on the wall, or has become frustrated to the point that she's ready to join the Dead.
__________________
I used to be for flip-flopping. Now I'm against it.

Fenris Penguin
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:55 PM   #388
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia
 
Rikae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: A glade open to the stars, deep in Nan Elmoth
Posts: 3,286
Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
My recent back-and-forth with Agan here I was trying to press to her a bit, because she's been dropping signs around that she knows more, or is more than an ordo. And even though there seems to be frustration that her jests have been scrutinized, I was letting her know she should know by now that's how this dance works. Everything comes under scrutiny, and she shouldn't be surprised when she willingly attracts attention that she becomes the focus of the scrutiny.

She stopped short of any reveal (true or false) which could mean she's a wolf and sees the writing on the wall, or has become frustrated to the point that she's ready to join the Dead.
Is she even around, to have a chance to reveal? It is 5 am there.
__________________
The skies of this world were always meant to have dragons. When they are not there, humans miss them.
~Yes, I'm a guy!~
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:55 PM   #389
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul
 
Mithalwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: watching the wonga-wonga birds circle...
Posts: 9,752
Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Why does everyone find me innocent? Suspect me, people! I have a wolf avatar! What's a person gotta do to get suspected around here?
Oh ok then oh cerulean furry one, I will take that as a confession.


+Rikae
__________________
I see dead people.
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:56 PM   #390
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic
 
Shastanis Althreduin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In fire, water, earth, and air. But mostly water.
Posts: 2,619
Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
On Lommy - Continued

#166 - Makes the same point against Nog that I did, regarding ordos and whether or not they should be okay with getting lynched. Says more about the dead thread and continues to fight with Agan.

#167 - Clarifies that she thinks Rikae innocent for the moment. It's interesting how this quote -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
In my experience, you usually get mad when you feel pressured, and you feel more pressured more often when you're a wolf.
- relates to her bout with Agan, considering she didn't actually mention Agan in this post.

#176 - More about the dead thread. Also voices a minor suspicion of Nog for pushing a Phantom-lynch despite not suspecting him. That's the biggest non-Agan suspicion Lommy has had thus far, as far as I can tell.

Next day...


#264 - Thinks Phantom was an ordo and Rune was killed for looking like a nervous Gifted.

#271 - Rehashes the Agan suspicion, and I've come across something that confuses me -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
3. Agan replies to morm by making a joke that she used the word "kill" (instead of "lynch") because she's a wolf and it was a Freudian slip.
Except what Agan actually said was

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
"We" obviously as in "us villagers", not as in "me and my wolf pack", duh!
That's thrown me for a bit of a loop and as it's five minutes to deadline I'll go ahead and post this and (hopefully) get to finish it tomorrow.
__________________
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:56 PM   #391
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia
 
Rikae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: A glade open to the stars, deep in Nan Elmoth
Posts: 3,286
Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Well, for what it's worth:

++A Little Green
__________________
The skies of this world were always meant to have dragons. When they are not there, humans miss them.
~Yes, I'm a guy!~
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:56 PM   #392
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman
 
Boromir88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 7,065
Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Is she even around, to have a chance to reveal? It is 5 am there.
This was probably about an hour ago, before she voted. Her last post, along voting for Greenie:

Quote:
I'm sorry about my lack of participation today, it's the combined result of being busy and having got way way way too little sleep these last several days. I promise to be better tomorrow if I'm still here, and if I'm not, well, do consider taking a look at the people who made it happen. *sprays mouth with silver paint*
__________________
I used to be for flip-flopping. Now I'm against it.

Fenris Penguin
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:58 PM   #393
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith
 
Eomer of the Rohirrim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 4,988
Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

++AGANZIR

Because maybe I'm blind and there is something up with her. I still don't see it, really. But by now I think we need to find out her role. Not that we will, anytime soon, but...

Most suspicious of Legate, though.
__________________
Los Ingobernables de Harlond
Eomer of the Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:58 PM   #394
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman
 
Boromir88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 7,065
Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
++Aganzir
__________________
I used to be for flip-flopping. Now I'm against it.

Fenris Penguin
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:59 PM   #395
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic
 
Shastanis Althreduin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In fire, water, earth, and air. But mostly water.
Posts: 2,619
Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
++Lottie

The last bit of analysis I posted made me completely second-guess myself regarding Lommy/Agan so I'm voting my other suspicion even though I know she won't be lynched. Bah.
__________________
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 06-04-2015 at 08:00 PM. Reason: x'ed since Eomer
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 08:01 PM   #396
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade
 
Kuruharan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: A Remote Dwarven Hold
Posts: 3,583
Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
White-Hand Deadline

The Deadline has come, please stop posting.

The narration will be posted soon.

NIGHT folk may start their activities.
__________________
...finding a path that cannot be found, walking a road that cannot be seen, climbing a ladder that was never placed, or reading a paragraph that has no...
Kuruharan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 08:01 PM   #397
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler
 
satansaloser2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: from beneath you it giggles incessantly
Posts: 5,576
satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I have just enough time to say that I don't understand the Agan wagon, and then I need to fall silent and into a deep slumber. I'm terribly sorry, folks.

x'd with the mod, possibly
__________________
"My heart always cowers behind the defense of my wit."
Friendship is two pals munching on a well-cooked face together.
Fenris bookworm.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 08:22 PM   #398
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade
 
Kuruharan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: A Remote Dwarven Hold
Posts: 3,583
Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
White-Hand

The debate was long and hard again, it took its toll on all.

Fortunately, food had been mysteriously provided again.

Even so, after many hours of debate, the inmates must have been getting a little loopy for they started wondering if they would receive an otherworldly visitor...or sign...or something!!!!

But nothing happened.

Why was that? Oh well, can't worry about that, thar be killin' to do!

The inmates seized Aganzir and thrust her under the blade!

THUNK

Ahh! That was satisfying!

Suddenly there was a creak...a SNAP...and

CHOMP

A huge bear trap suddenly snapped shut on the legs of A Little Green!

Crossbow bolts suddenly flew through the chamber and tore A Little Green to pieces.

Then the lights went out.

The Missing or Dead:
Kuruharan
Nogrod
the phantom
Rune Son of Bjarne
Aganzir
A Little Green

The Living:
Formendacil
Rikae
satansaloser2005
Macalaure
McCaber
Loslote
Boromir88
Nerwen
Firefoot
Thinlómien
Lalaith
Eomer of the Rohirrim
mormegil
Nilpaurion Felagund
Shastanis Althreduin
Legate of Amon Lanc
Mithalwen
Kath

Illusion:
Gwathagor
(Ordo)

Housekeeping Note: Due to a family committment tomorrow, I will be starting DAY 3 at 7 PM EST tomorrow. Everyone who has picks please have them to me by then. I thought making the DAY longer was more fair than making the NIGHT longer.
__________________
...finding a path that cannot be found, walking a road that cannot be seen, climbing a ladder that was never placed, or reading a paragraph that has no...

Last edited by Kuruharan; 06-05-2015 at 07:15 AM. Reason: Some hopeless incompetent left Agan still in the living list...wonder who that was
Kuruharan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 04:57 PM   #399
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade
 
Kuruharan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: A Remote Dwarven Hold
Posts: 3,583
Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots Day 3

"BREAKFAST!!!!!" came an insultingly loud voice out of nowhere.

The sun was filtering down again.

Sure enough, a healthy morning repast was spread out on the tables.

As much as their stomachs were rumbling...something was putting them off wanting to dive in...

It probably had something to do with the mass of gore strewn about the place. New gore, that is, somehow the previous bodies and their attendant fluids had also vanished.

But there was so much mess laying about that nobody gave it much thought.

One of the residents scratched as they all looked about themselves.

Sure seemed like more mess than would be made by just two people.

Sure enough, they found the head of Macalaure...

Then Rikae...how ironic...

...and Legate of Amon Lanc

Still, best to dig in before it gets cold!

The Missing or Dead:
Kuruharan
Nogrod
the phantom
Rune Son of Bjarne
Aganzir
A Little Green
Macalaure
Rikae
Legate of Amon Lanc

The Living:
Formendacil
satansaloser2005
McCaber
Loslote
Boromir88
Nerwen
Firefoot
Thinlómien
Lalaith
Eomer of the Rohirrim
mormegil
Nilpaurion Felagund
Shastanis Althreduin
Mithalwen
Kath

Illusion:
Gwathagor(Ordo)


Those who must stop PMing, do so!

The DAY will end at the customary hour.
__________________
...finding a path that cannot be found, walking a road that cannot be seen, climbing a ladder that was never placed, or reading a paragraph that has no...
Kuruharan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 05:02 PM   #400
mormegil
Maundering Mage
 
mormegil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 4,632
mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
What the what! I'm off to a family event but a lot to think about and process. How were there 3?
__________________
When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.
-- P. J. O'Rourke

Last edited by mormegil; 06-05-2015 at 05:03 PM. Reason: typo
mormegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:34 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.