The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2003, 12:30 PM   #161
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Hey, yeah! It's only 20 DAYS until the EV of Towers is out!!! Yay!!! <P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 10-29-2003, 02:57 PM   #162
Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dűm

Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>we only got to the theater about an hour and a half early <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Please, PLEASE tell me you were being sarky with the 'only' there...<BR>I'm normally lucky to get to a cinema 10 mins before the thing!!!
Old 10-29-2003, 03:37 PM   #163
Elfearz1

Eye

For TTT I came straight from school practically and there was already a huge line so I sat up in the *very* front :/
Old 10-29-2003, 05:34 PM   #164
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>quote:<BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR>we only got to the theater about an hour and a half early <BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<P>Please, PLEASE tell me you were being sarky with the 'only' there...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>erm... kinda... I wanted to get there, like, two and a half hours early, but my dad got up late. *gr* Oh well, we still got perfect seats. <P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 10-29-2003, 05:57 PM   #165
Morquesse
Wight

Morquesse has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I read from two sources that the RotK theatrical version will be <B>210</B> minutes long!! That's 3 hours and 30 minutes! That just made my day! <BR>See you later! <BR>~M
Old 10-30-2003, 12:42 AM   #166
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Hey, yeah! It's only 20 DAYS until the EV of Towers is out!!! Yay!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>And additionally the ROTK game from Electronic Arts comes out on the 6th, in only 8 days! Here is my thinking, okay, I get the game, it keeps me tied over until the Extended Editon, the Extended Editon keeps me tied over until all the interviews and press for ROTK starts, and all the press keeps me tied over until the 17th (and then of course all the holiday stuff will start at that time, and addtionally I also have a trip to Baltimore in about 2 1/2 weeks). I think I will be fine, but I still can't wait to see ROTK!
Old 10-30-2003, 05:14 AM   #167
Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dűm

Sting

(Why does it say Happy Halloween on the OB files? It isn't til tomorrow!!!!)<P>20 days? Really???? Excellent!!!!!!! That breaks down the time nicely!!!!<P>Two and a half hours???? What on earth would you have done to fill the time? Wouldn't there be a film on at that time???
Old 10-30-2003, 09:59 AM   #168
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

I've heard there's going to be a new RotK (or slightly new) trailer in front of Matrix: Revolutions and Elf, both of which incidentally I want to see.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 10:02 AM   #169
Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dűm

Sting

I want to see Matrix:Revolutions, but I'm grounded til Christmas. (That is another reason being 15 is annoying.)<BR>I really hope I can get out of being grounded in time to see ROTK!!!!
Old 10-30-2003, 10:16 AM   #170
Tintalle
Pile O'Bones

Location: At the Gates of Morannon, waiting for the Great Battle
Tintalle has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

I definitely belong to this group. I live in a little place in Asia where everything seems to arrive late and that includes THE RETURN of THE KING. It's gonna be screening in January NEXT year. <P>Makes me wanna do a gollum, you know, travel to a country where it shows on time ( ) so I could see the precious!!!<P>Aaaargh!!!!! I need help.
Old 10-30-2003, 12:25 PM   #171
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Two and a half hours???? What on earth would you have done to fill the time? Wouldn't there be a film on at that time???<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>We would have waited in line until they let us in. I had brought my friend's GBA, and a copy of Silm, so my dad and I spent a lot of the time waiting in the theater reading that. I just wanted to get there early so we could get primo seats, and so we could say we were the *first* ones in the theater. We did get great seats, so I'm not complaining, but I wanted to get there earlier. <BR> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I read from two sources that the RotK theatrical version will be 210 minutes long!! That's 3 hours and 30 minutes! That just made my day! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Three and a half hours?!?!?! Just for the theatrical version?!?! <B>YES!!!!!!</B> This is gonna be so awesome!<P>*hyper hyper hyper*<P><I>ONLY 48 DAYS LEFT UNTIL ROTK!!!</I><P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 10-30-2003, 03:54 PM   #172
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Only 48 days? That's a bit soon, isn't it? I feel way too unprepared. I don't think I could emotionally handle anything Denethor related for quite some time. I'm far too involved with him now. May need to postpone it until February.
Old 10-30-2003, 09:48 PM   #173
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Knight of Gondor has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Knight of Gondor
Shield

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Only 48 days? That's a bit soon, isn't it? I feel way too unprepared. I don't think I could emotionally handle anything Denethor related for quite some time. I'm far too involved with him now. May need to postpone it until February.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>You know, in a way, you're right! I think we'll need this support group to fight off post-RotK blues! That'll hit hard.<P>Tintalle, I feel for you. What are you doing in Asia? Perhaps you can get one of us to send you the DVD or something. January 2004, or '05?
Eagerly awaiting the REAL Return of the King - Jesus Christ! Revelation 19:11-16
Knight of Gondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 11:17 PM   #174
Lady Alasse
Wight

Lady Alasse has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

You people only have to wait 48 days!!!<P>I have to wait <I>till it comes out on DVD</I><P>
He teacheth my hands to war; so that a bow of steel is broken by my arms.-II Samuel 22:35
Lady Alasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 11:46 PM   #175
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen1858 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arwen1858
Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> You know, in a way, you're right! I think we'll need this support group to fight off post-RotK blues! That'll hit hard.<BR><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>yep! that one will hit me pretty hard, too. At least we'll have the RotK EE to look forward to! We'll probably need to start that support group really early! <BR>I definitely need to join this group, too. When do tickets for opening day go on sale??<BR>Arwen
Old 10-31-2003, 03:39 AM   #176
Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dűm

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I have to wait till it comes out on DVD<BR><HR></BLOCKQUOTE> What???!!!!!!!!! Good grief!!!!!!!! How come? What country are you from?????
Old 10-31-2003, 09:52 AM   #177
Tintalle
Pile O'Bones

1420!

Unfortunately I do live here (Asia) And it will be shown January 2004 (really, really, really sucks! ). Because in my country there's this sort of filmfest for the whole month of December (our "Oscars" month), so all cinemas show just the local films. So all the films (which includes RotK) that came out December in the US gets pushed to January .<P>Maybe I should take away all the calendars in the house to make the wait easier ?
Old 10-31-2003, 12:00 PM   #178
salix

Silmaril

If I'm lucky, this year my parents will actually remember to buy tickets in advance. On the opening day of TTT, it sold out at nine in the morning! I wasn't very happy, especially since, all the theatres in town and anywhere nearby were sold out for a few days.
Old 10-31-2003, 12:43 PM   #179
Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dűm

Sting

You'll have to remind them then.
Old 10-31-2003, 05:13 PM   #180
elfearz1
Shade of Carn Dűm

elfearz1 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elfearz1
Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Please, PLEASE tell me you were being sarky with the 'only' there...<BR>I'm normally lucky to get to a cinema 10 mins before the thing!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I waited in line for 6 hours to see Star Wars *dodges apples*<p>[ October 31, 2003: Message edited by: elfearz1 ]
elfearz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 10:12 PM   #181
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Knight of Gondor has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Knight of Gondor
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I waited in line for 6 hours to see Star Wars *dodges apples*<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Traitor! I wouldn't be sure it's APPLES you'll be dodging...*strings bow*
Eagerly awaiting the REAL Return of the King - Jesus Christ! Revelation 19:11-16
Knight of Gondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 01:20 AM   #182
Enorëiel
Wight

Enorëiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>quote:<BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR>I waited in line for 6 hours to see Star Wars *dodges apples*<BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<P>Traitor! I wouldn't be sure it's APPLES you'll be dodging...*strings bow*<BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR> Goodness! That's sad, I'm with you all the way Knight of Gondor *pulls sword out*<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I read from two sources that the RotK theatrical version will be 210 minutes long!! That's 3 hours and 30 minutes! That just made my day! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Heck yeah! Awesome-ness! 3 and a half hours of pure Lord of the Rings goodness - YES!!!! <P>Do you people realize how LOTR packed this next month and half is going to be? We have the ROTK game coming out, then the EE of Two Towers, then the ROTK soundtrack and finally ROTK itself! This is great!!!! <P>I think I'm for sure going to dress up for the premere - my aunt made me an awesome Eowyn costume and it needs to be put to use more than once <P>Only (wow it's past midnight ) 46 days left! Sweetness! It's getting closer!!!

Whoever said "Nothing is impossible" never tried to slam a revolving door.
Enorëiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 02:03 AM   #183
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen1858 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arwen1858
Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> quote:<BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR>quote:<BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR>I waited in line for 6 hours to see Star Wars *dodges apples*<BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR>Traitor! I wouldn't be sure it's APPLES you'll be dodging...*strings bow*<P>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<P><BR> Goodness! That's sad, I'm with you all the way Knight of Gondor *pulls sword out* <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>My bow is drawn and ready as well!!!
Old 11-01-2003, 05:56 AM   #184
Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dűm

Sting

*Puts an arrow to her bow faster than the eye can see.* Me too!!!!!! Elfearz, you are going to heartily regret saying that...You ought to know it is the kind of thing you should <B>never</B> admit...ESPECIALLY ON A LORD OF THE RINGS FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!!! <p>[ November 01, 2003: Message edited by: Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1 ]
Old 11-02-2003, 07:02 AM   #185
Aethelwine
Wight

Location: In Anórien, just outside Edoras, on a horse I "borrowed"...
Aethelwine has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Call me stupid, but what's wrong with Star Wars? *dodges togeter with <B>Elfearz</B>*<P> Guess what's happening to me?! On December the 16, there will be an LOTR-marathon somewhere near me! First they are going to show the EE's from FOTR and TT, and after midnight, Rotk will be shown! <P>What's wrong you say, why are you crying? I'll tell you why, I'm not allowed to go!! *BIG sob* My mom is so mean! It's on a Tuesday, so the next day I still have to go to school. So I can't go! *starts crying* Lives so unfair!<P>And guess what? I will have to wait till the 19th to see ROTK!!<P>I sympathise with you, <B>Tintalle</B>!<P>Love,<P>Aethelwine.<p>[ November 02, 2003: Message edited by: Aethelwine ]
Old 11-02-2003, 08:20 AM   #186
Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dűm

Sting

The 19th, Aethelwine? I'll probably have to wait til the 27th at the earliest!!! I'm grounded, for pity's sake!!!!!! Grounded til Christmas for talking on MSN. How ridiculous is that?<BR>I have no idea what is happening with Trilogy Tuesday here. The cinemas are really disorganised. I wonder if I would be allowed to go, if there was one near? Oh, I feel for you Aethelwine, I really do!!! How harsh!!! I mean, how many times in our lives will there be something like that????
Old 11-02-2003, 08:42 AM   #187
Aethelwine
Wight

Location: In Anórien, just outside Edoras, on a horse I "borrowed"...
Aethelwine has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

And I feel for you, <B>Elentari</B>! Waiting till the 27th?!?!?! <P>Parents are mean, aren't they?<BR>I'm sure they come from Mars, or Venus or something... They even read my post when I'm writing them! What about privacy?!?!<P>Anyway, I'll just continue pestering them, till they let me go! *I can be so naďve!*<P>Love,<P>Aethelwine.<p>[ November 02, 2003: Message edited by: Aethelwine ]
Old 11-02-2003, 09:48 AM   #188
Mantauriel
Newly Deceased

Mantauriel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Cannot wait! I cannot wait! I must have it now! please! I need ths movie! It's my life! Sure, they keep going way off the books, but the trailer makes me cry so hard, and I wanna see it! I wonder if they'll show Legolas's little boat he made. *breaks down crying*
Elladan and Elrohir stared at Rumil, Haldir, and Orophin before them. Legolas had a blank stare to all. "See the creature? Ready to kill us?" Figwit sighed and Aragorn pointed to the object Legolas was reffering to.

"That's a rock."
Mantauriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 11:00 AM   #189
Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dűm

Sting

Awww, Aethelwine!!! I think they must come from Mordor... <P>What little boat???
Old 11-02-2003, 11:23 AM   #190
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

*unloads an 18-wheeler full of Kleenex*<P>I think we'll all need this. I won't be able to see RotK until the 18th or 19th most likely. I have school on the 17th (midterms to be precise), and unless the guy upstairs really really really loves me and decides to make my tests on the next day really really easy, my parents probably won't let me.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 03:12 PM   #191
Elfearz1

Eye

Hey, you think you can out Archer (?) me! HA!
Old 11-02-2003, 03:16 PM   #192
Morquesse
Wight

Morquesse has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Here's some news from <A HREF="http://ringbearer.org" TARGET=_blank>Ringbearer.org</A> About Legolas' next stunt:<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> TORN posted this small spoiler quote from Orlando Bloom, who was the on 'So Graham Norton' last night ...<P>"Orlando was on 'So Graham Norton' tonight. He was mainly astonished at the information Graham gave him that there are now over a million web sites dedicated to him, but revealed the following about ROTK: <P>Bloom: "The fans loved me sliding down the stairs in the 2nd film, and Pete was looking for something which, basically was going to top all of that. And he said it to me, he was, like, alright son, wait for this one! And I went out for 3 days of reshoots and basically was just hanging on wires, and climbing up things and swinging around....so its gonna be quite an extravagant thing, because by the time they've cut me swinging on ropes and flying all over the place in with the special effects they do really well at Weta Digital, which is Peter's company, it'll be killer! I hope, I think. I'm sure." <BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Is he going to play SuperMan for a bit, like Gandalf played Zorro on the hill? <P>Thankfully (changing back to the original subject), I am allowed to go to RotK on the opening day (at the traditional time of around 4:00 pm) and I will, even if I have a test or two the next day, I'll risk not using my common sense. And I'll go in my flip-flops with my Frodo costume in the cold. That's the fun of it.<BR>See you later!<BR>~M<p>[ November 02, 2003: Message edited by: Morquesse ]
Old 11-02-2003, 03:52 PM   #193
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

Oh my God! I just saw the Return of the King trailer for about the fiftieth time, and I just wept! The music is brilliant, the acting is brilliant, the lines are brilliant, by Eru, EVERYTHING is just, plain BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 09:38 AM   #194
Lady Alasse
Wight

Lady Alasse has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The reason I can't see it till it comes out on DVD is because my family doesn't believe in going to theaters. I had to wait till FotR and TTT came out on DVD to see it so I guess I'll survive.
He teacheth my hands to war; so that a bow of steel is broken by my arms.-II Samuel 22:35
Lady Alasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 10:59 AM   #195
Tintalle
Pile O'Bones

Sting

Okay it's bad enough that the movie comes out in January in my country. But I think what's worse is that I've been watching too many movies recently and NEVER seen the ROTK trailer YET. So I guess if it all makes you weep, I better start carrying a box of Kleenex if it caught me unawares ( I think my friends will disown me when I start sobbing, 'cuz when I saw Pirates I practically squealed most of the time and they stuffed me with their jackets to shut me up )<P>Going back to my misery, all I can do now is stand in front of a ROTK poster and probably drool.
Old 11-03-2003, 03:52 PM   #196
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

Midnight show, all the way. I'm gonna get to the theater at about 8:00 or 9:00 AM to ensure a spot at the head of the line, and then PARTY! Me and all my friends are gonna dress up, and I'm gonna bring lembas and entdraught... and Skittles. It'll be great!!!<P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 11-03-2003, 04:07 PM   #197
Olorin_TLA
Shade of Carn Dűm

Olorin_TLA has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I think that *SPOLIERS!!!! FLEEE!!!!*<P>bit Orli's talking about, Morquesse, is where he does some acrobactics using Mumakils' ropes as props - or so they say!<P>*END OF THE SPOILINGS!!! COME BACK!!!*<P>Any way...*muchs on cheese*...I think I'm just going to take all this cheese now...food is all that's going to get me through this long month and a half. *Steals the lembas* Mmm...spiritually tasty, just like in Mordor. <P><BR>PS: I know not who Meela is, but I say she's quite right to be a Denethor fangirl!<BR>Unless she wants Farmair to die. Then she must BURN!!!

ELENDIL! - Join "Forth Tolkiengas!"
Olorin_TLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 04:52 PM   #198
skadork
Pile O'Bones

skadork has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

hope you don't mind me plopping my little random self in. i've got yoo-hoo & cheese sticks...does that help any? so, i haven't seen any of the trailers for RotK yet, don't know why but my brother, sister & i decided we wouldn't see them until we watched the whole movie. BAD MOVE! but i can't let them beat me now!<BR> however i'm rethinking getting started on this..i've had a bad headache on & off for 2 or so days now & now i am pretty certain i getting VERY SICKLY! this isn't helping my poor little brain. >sigh,cough,hack,choke,spasm,cough< ugh. oh! i do have tylenol,extra-strength migraine something-or-other, ibuprofen, & i just learned cpr, heimlich, & hyperventalation, manuevers, if anyone needs my services.<BR> need rest! need health! need RotK!<BR>good. night.

longlive the amish!
skadork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 05:02 PM   #199
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

You don't know who I am?? *faints*<P>You'd better not try and wrestle in on my man... *hugs Denethor tightly*
Old 11-03-2003, 08:25 PM   #200
elfearz1
Shade of Carn Dűm

elfearz1 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elfearz1
Eye

oooh some competition? (ten bucks on Meela) *grabs popcorn and watches the show*<P>anyway, to be more on topic I was talking to my friend about Rotk and it's got me all excited.
elfearz1 is offline   Reply With Quote