Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-03-2006, 05:34 PM   #601
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Good gracious, things have been moving along this afternoon, haven't they? I'll either get a post up this evening or tomorrow, but if it's not up this evening, don't wait for me tonight when everyone's on (I've noticed that a lot of people are here and posting after midnight). If things are moving, keep them so, and don't wait for Athwen.

As for timewise. . .six weeks should be enough time for us to both carry the story along, and keep interesting character conflicts, falling out, and making up going as well, so long as everyone is writing consistantly, and it seems that everyone has been pretty good about that. I think we can make it.

-- Folwren
Old 04-03-2006, 06:04 PM   #602
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren
Good gracious, things have been moving along this afternoon, haven't they? I'll either get a post up this evening or tomorrow, but if it's not up this evening, don't wait for me tonight when everyone's on (I've noticed that a lot of people are here and posting after midnight). If things are moving, keep them so, and don't wait for Athwen.
I think this is a good overall plan for the future, as we are now nine people writing this story (instead of four and five separately)? If we stay and wait all the time for everyone to post, we will have difficulties to make this in six weeks, but with some rolling-along we can make it, I believe. This has really bursted today, and that's really great!

It will just make a further demand to everyone of us to carefully see, what the others have depicted in their posts. A major confusion will stall the game easily for a week...

But this looks nice now - and very interesting! Good game for everyone!
Old 04-03-2006, 08:28 PM   #603
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
It will just make a further demand to everyone of us to carefully see, what the others have depicted in their posts. A major confusion will stall the game easily for a week...
Sorry, but I missed the point there =) what do you mean?
Old 04-03-2006, 08:33 PM   #604
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
He means read everyone's post carefully so that if someone says that their horse fell over a cliff and died, you don't think that the character himself fell over the cliff and died.

I was actually going to post a post this evening, but in it, I had Athwen follow Vaenosa and then when I got on to post it, Farael had already posted his inwhich his character runs into her. It amused me greatly, but it also put my post out of comission, so you all are going to have to wait until tomorrow.

-- Folwren
Old 04-03-2006, 10:20 PM   #605
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
He means read everyone's post carefully so that if someone says that their horse fell over a cliff and died, you don't think that the character himself fell over the cliff and died.

I was actually going to post a post this evening, but in it, I had Athwen follow Vaenosa and then when I got on to post it, Farael had already posted his inwhich his character runs into her. It amused me greatly, but it also put my post out of comission, so you all are going to have to wait until tomorrow.

-- Folwren
Thanks, Sorry and Congratulations!!!

Now I get what Nogrod meant, Sorry I took your post out and Congrats! If I'm not crazy (which can't be quite ruled out just yet) I read in your siggy that you'll be an Aunty!! =) Mazel Tov!!
Old 04-03-2006, 11:03 PM   #606
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I used your character a wee bit Farael I hope it works, if not I can edit.
Old 04-04-2006, 01:32 AM   #607
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier
I used your character a wee bit Farael I hope it works, if not I can edit.
We are good... at first I thought of editing Osmod out of the embarassing situation, but I changed my mind. We're good.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:32 AM   #608
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sorry for the double post... just an update, save filled. Vaenosa will LOVE this. Or not.
Old 04-04-2006, 02:07 PM   #609
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Ha Ha I did love it Farael! But beware you may have just made a pesty friend for life! I will post a reply shortly.
Old 04-04-2006, 02:07 PM   #610
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arry has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up

Fun to read writing, everyone!

And Undome - Once poor addlewitted Brand the sheep-man can put together some semblance of words, he'll reply to your assessment of his livelihood and himself.
Old 04-04-2006, 02:34 PM   #611
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arry
Fun to read writing, everyone!
I will just agree! This seems like a renaissance, like a cool shower after a long walk in the desert!

Well, okay, that was probably a bit melodramatic, but sincerely, as it has been fun all the time, now there clearly is much more electricity in the air - and most lovely pairs making themselves through at the instant, eg. Brand & Meghan, Osmod & Vaenosa, Sythric & Leod etc... well, just getting to know each other, one at the time, but nice choices to begin with, anyhow!

I love this thing!
Old 04-04-2006, 03:45 PM   #612
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Tevildo!

I have given you lots of things to write... making Sythric talk with both of your characters, at the same situation, that was interrupted in the middle by "Osmod's horse training -session"!

I guess Leod's answer is the most important, thinking about the storyline (whether Fion is capable of continuing - who would know it better than Leod?), but I would appreciate some contact from Dorran also (I kind of remember you once saying, that Dorran would be the most forthcoming, because of his past?).

Well, up to you now...
Old 04-05-2006, 03:04 AM   #613
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pio

Can you please put this in Undome's last post - to follow it.

----------

Brand

‘Oh, no . . . tell me you’re not a sheep man . . . are you?’

Now how was he to answer that one? Was he to admit to feeblemindedness simply because he kept sheep? He found himself on the horns of a dilemma . . . and there she stood a great grin on her face, her eyes snapping with delight at having bested him.

He wanted to be angry with her and found he simply couldn’t. Much as he composed his face into some semblance of seriousness, still he could feel the corners of his own mouth inching up into a similar grin.

‘And from the tone of your voice and the tenor of your comments, I’d say you are one of those . . . yes, those . . .’ He wrinkled his nose as if smelling something quite noxious. ‘Goat people.’ Now it was his turn to look down his nose at her . . . as if she were a bug of sorts. ‘Always butting into everyone’s business . . . that’s what goats do. And honestly, I’ve found for the most part their owners have quite similar temperaments. Nosy, bossy, demanding . . . and have you ever noticed how opinionated they are . . . goats and goat-herders . . .
Old 04-05-2006, 03:34 AM   #614
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Done, Arry.

~*~ Pio
Old 04-05-2006, 11:57 AM   #615
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Tevildo: I've let Dorran free of Athwen. . .he can do what he need sto wit hthe dear, or talking to Sythric, whatever is necessary.

Maeggaladiel: Athwen has come over to bother - I mean keep Fion company. I figured he looked pretty miserable and she's a soft hearted thing and would like to try to cheer him up. Go ahead and talk to her. She's curious about Fion's age - have her ask, if you want, sometime in your post. Carry on part of the conversation.

-- Folwren
Old 04-05-2006, 01:25 PM   #616
Maeggaladiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The end of the world as we know it. I feel fine, incidentally.
Maeggaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Naria: Thanks for finding Fion's horse! I was wondering how I'd manage to get the critter back in the game again, but you solved the problem for me!

Folwren: Great! He needed someone to chat with. I'll write up part of a conversation for them.

EDIT- Ran short on time, so our 'conversation' is a bit limited. Go ahead and add to it if you like, Folwren!! I have to get to class.

Last edited by Maeggaladiel; 04-05-2006 at 01:56 PM.
Old 04-06-2006, 03:58 AM   #617
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Undómë has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Naria

SAVE filled! You can fill in the story as you like . . .
Young she was and yet not so. The braids of her dark hair were touched by no frost, her white arms and clear face were flawless and smooth, and the light of stars was in her bright eyes, grey as a cloudless night . . .
Old 04-06-2006, 07:44 AM   #618
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maeggaladiel
EDIT- Ran short on time, so our 'conversation' is a bit limited. Go ahead and add to it if you like, Folwren!! I have to get to class.
No, no, it was excellent! And I have gone ahead and added onto it. You go and read it and see what Fion thinks of Athwen saying what she has.

Eowyn Skywalker: If you want to join in the conversation, you're more than welcome. Athwen's a nice girl, she won't bite, and she likes people not to feel left out.

-- Folwren
Old 04-06-2006, 10:18 AM   #619
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

I have posted. I have had Nay steal someone's cup from their hand, I did not specify who it was so someone can use this if they like.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:10 AM   #620
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
Quote:
Naria: Thanks for finding Fion's horse! I was wondering how I'd manage to get the critter back in the game again, but you solved the problem for me!
No problem!! It's the least my character could do in light of your throbbing head

Quote:
SAVE filled! You can fill in the story as you like . . .
Thanks Undome! I'll get a response up today

Valier, that is a hilarious post! Good job!
Old 04-06-2006, 06:14 PM   #621
Eowyn Skywalker
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eowyn Skywalker has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Eowyn Skywalker
Quote:
Eowyn Skywalker: If you want to join in the conversation, you're more than welcome. Athwen's a nice girl, she won't bite, and she likes people not to feel left out.
Eostre rarely speaks unless spoken to. Heh. She was more than a little shocked that Fion attempted to address her, and that was why she didn't reply, in RP. OOC it was just because I didn't get on in time to reply.

I'D join, but Eostre doesn't talk to people. Heh.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:36 PM   #622
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Well, then, Athwen will just have to talk to HER! I'll see what I can conjure up. . .but with Nay running around with a cup in his mouth and acting like a . . . well, bad mannered horse, Athwen's growing up might take control and she may go over and show Vaenosa how to correct him before she does anything else. But I haven't quite decided yet. . .

-- Folwren
Old 04-07-2006, 01:11 AM   #623
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tevildo has just left Hobbiton.
I hope I have not made Fion too ill. I have tried to leave things hanging in the balance so it could go either way once the journey starts. But if you'd like me to edit, I certainly will.

Also, Athwen, Dorran has akwardly tried to make amends for this rudeness. You know how young lads are!
Now Tevildo was a mighty cat--the mightiest of all--and possessed of an evil spirit,...and he was in Melko's constant following; and that cat had all cats subject to him, and he and his subjects were the chasers and getters of meat for Melko's table.
Old 04-07-2006, 04:36 AM   #624
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tevildo
I hope I have not made Fion too ill. I have tried to leave things hanging in the balance so it could go either way once the journey starts. But if you'd like me to edit, I certainly will.
I think you left the situation just right. Good.

I'll try to come up with something quite soon, but will be probably away during the weekend - so use Sythric if needed.
Old 04-07-2006, 09:25 AM   #625
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Just a couple of remarks:

Tevildo: I have made Leod kind of a "yes-man", as I supposed, that he would be agreeing, and I didn't want to put too many words in his mouth. If you think, this is "un-Leodish", let me know: we can put some reactions to him in my post. And if you disagree in some more general sense, then let me know too. I will change the post according you ideas. I just thought it good to rtry and get things going...

Eowyn: Feel free to answer Sythric's proposal, and possibly to depict Sythric going towards the thing that he will then be doing (according to your choice).

Undómë: You write that there was a trio working with the oat cakes (and "the three worked") - aren't there four of you: Meghan, Raedwald, Brand & Incana?
Old 04-07-2006, 11:04 AM   #626
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Tevildo: Great post! I'm going to write something today - I promise! Very soon, too. And the reason I had Dorran answer her that there was nothing to do was because I needed to move on, and I wasn't sure where you were, so I just stuck some vague answer in one of my recent posts. This last post of yours is great.

Nogrod: There were only three working on the oatcakes. Readwald only fetched the oats for them and then tossed them at Brand, I think. I believe he walked off after that. I don't know what he's doing.

Arry: When do we have to finish up this evening and move on to the next day or what? Do you have any plans?

-- Folwren
Old 04-07-2006, 11:49 AM   #627
Maeggaladiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The end of the world as we know it. I feel fine, incidentally.
Maeggaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
I've put up a save to answer Athwen and Dorran. It'll probably be filled later this afternoon.

EDIT- Deleted the save. I went to class, and by the time it was over, I had completely forgotten what I was going to post!! Also, I think Folwren wanted to talk to Dorran, so I'll just wait until she gets her post up to bring Fion back into the picture.

Last edited by Maeggaladiel; 04-07-2006 at 01:35 PM.
Old 04-07-2006, 02:10 PM   #628
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nogrod

Quote:
Undómë: You write that there was a trio working with the oat cakes (and "the three worked") - aren't there four of you: Meghan, Raedwald, Brand & Incana?

No - there were 3 making oatcakes. Meghan and Brand were joined by Incana. Rædwald gave them the oats he had brought along; he was not cooking.
Young she was and yet not so. The braids of her dark hair were touched by no frost, her white arms and clear face were flawless and smooth, and the light of stars was in her bright eyes, grey as a cloudless night . . .
Old 04-07-2006, 02:14 PM   #629
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Folwren

I planned to have us moving on by Wednesday of next week.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:51 PM   #630
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
= Arry
I planned to have us moving on by Wednesday of next week.
Then we should have to gather around the fire (?) pretty soon to make our decisions? There seems to be quite a many unsettled affairs around. Maybe Brand or Osmod should take some collective initiative?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undómë
No - there were 3 making oatcakes. Meghan and Brand were joined by Incana. Rædwald gave them the oats he had brought along; he was not cooking.
That's ok., sorry to bother, but there's just no mention of Raedwald doing something else - and as you understand, I have been following Raedwald's doings somewhat closely,as Sythric would be the one to want to reflect things with him... My bad - or hastiness. Sorry.

Last edited by Nogrod; 04-07-2006 at 03:54 PM.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:54 PM   #631
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Okay, I've written and placed my post, all. Enjoy it.

-- Folwrey
Old 04-08-2006, 10:08 AM   #632
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tevildo has just left Hobbiton.
Looks good, but I have an idea. Could you check your pm's?
Now Tevildo was a mighty cat--the mightiest of all--and possessed of an evil spirit,...and he was in Melko's constant following; and that cat had all cats subject to him, and he and his subjects were the chasers and getters of meat for Melko's table.
Old 04-08-2006, 10:53 AM   #633
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Yep, I've checked said PM and the post is edited. Is that good?

-- Folwren
Old 04-09-2006, 11:49 AM   #634
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

If we are to move forwards on Wednesday (RL), our characters should probably have some discussions about how to continue. I can post this evening (in about 4 hours from now) and make the deer about ready to be eaten - roasting a deer surely takes time, but if it is roasted whole, one could just carve the surface-bites first as they are done earlier...

I think it would be natural for people to gather around the fire and the deer to discuss the next day, but other options surely could be used also. And as I said earlier, I think that either Brand or Osmod should be taking the initiative...
Old 04-09-2006, 12:04 PM   #635
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
Quote:
And as I said earlier, I think that either Brand or Osmod should be taking the initiative
For once Nogrod, I completely agree with you on this point....he he

I do think that there should be some discussion as to what we are to be doing for Wednesday(RL) and those two should be able to lead the discussion and especially Brand should be able to set us in the right direction and what path we are to take.

That being said. Arry is there going to be another surprise or something? Waiting three days(RL) until we move again is a long time to just sit around a fire and chit chat and would we not be wanting to get the message to the King asap? I'm sure there will also be conversation while we ride, if we say all there is to say while we are at this camp our ride is going to be awfully dull.
Old 04-09-2006, 01:29 PM   #636
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Well, don't count on Osmod taking the initiative... or at least me writing that he will. I have two exams coming up on Monday and Tuesday so I won't be having time for a good RPG post 'till then.... I'd say Tuesday evening.

Feel free to say that Osmod talked to Brand and they decided to call everyone for a talk by the fire though.
Old 04-09-2006, 02:17 PM   #637
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

If everyone is thinking as I am, that conversations are becoming dull and too drawn out, we may want to bump forward to dinner and then in the evening let the leaders (whoever they might be)(will they have to be chosen) decide what's happening next. Thus far, I think the characters have been assuming that we'll be splitting in the morning. In which case. . .something has to be figured out.

Fion's state of health also has to be decided on.

Tevildo and I were wanting some time to do some sort of dialogue between Dorran and Athwen, however I had an idea that as the game does need to continue, we can go ahead and continue, but at the same time, Tevildo and I can work on our conversation and continue sticking it into one or two posts. (Did that make sense to you all?)

I think Arry's plan of not moving forward until Wednesday is probably a good idea. There are several things to cover this evening in the game.

-- Folwren
Old 04-09-2006, 02:18 PM   #638
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Actually, if people are done with the making oatcake scene and what ever else the characters are engaged in, then I can move us along immediately.
Old 04-09-2006, 02:24 PM   #639
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

I'm ready to move on . . . how about all the way to the next morning and someone write what was decided as a backflash. that would speed us on.
Old 04-09-2006, 02:33 PM   #640
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Okay, if you all plan to move on, let me set up a save. Dorran and Athwen need to talk. . .either this evening or the next morning. Tevildo will decide when the best time will be and if it's the next morning, I can remove the save.

Is that alright?

-- Folwren