Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-23-2006, 03:33 PM   #801
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Could someone please fetch Vaenosa?........and Nay would be wandering around somewhere......
Old 04-23-2006, 03:43 PM   #802
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
OK. Save filled.

See if there is anything that should be changed. I think it fits in quite well now. If Calimehtar isn't going to back off after that knife being hurled at him, then maybe Dorran should use his sling - or maybe he could try to sling a run-away Calimehtar in any case?

So.
Child: Calimehtar is thrown a knife. It has hit. Decide yourself where and how badly.

Arry: I hope that my interpretation of the reason of Brand's being unsuccesful is ok. with you (and with Child too), eg. Calimehtar had time to parry with his scimitar (otherwise it would be quite unbelievable that C wouldn't have noticed the attack or had not tried to defend himself, or that a straight hit with a cudgel wouldn't have really got him down)

Undómë + Tevildo: I hope I didn't wreck any major plan by my post. If I did, I can always just draw it off.

All of you! I will now quite surely be away about 1½-2 days. Thydrë is carrying unconscious Sythric down the hill. He has bled quite a lot, and he has a toughened leather breast-blade on (cut by Calimehtar from the side) that should be taken off first - if anyone is wishing to help him...

So just do what you will - and please use the unconscious Sythric as you wish. He probably is not dying right now, but the bleeding should be stopped...
Old 04-23-2006, 07:22 PM   #803
Eowyn Skywalker
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eowyn Skywalker has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Eowyn Skywalker
Sorry I haven't shown up in... yeah...

Last time I tried to get on BD, it was DOWN. I was so mad. And then I was away a few days and... oh, argh. Time being leeched without me being aware of it.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:20 PM   #804
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I have posted a post wherein Athwen recieves Sythric's unconcious form and his horse.

Farael, I have used your character quite a bit. I hope I have done justice by him. If I have written something you want changed, have no hesitance in telling me.

Naria and Tevildo: I have assuming your characters are bent over Vaenosa.

Eowyn: Was Eostre on top of the hill? If not, I'll have to edit my post.

Where's Fion at the moment?

-- Folwren
Old 04-23-2006, 11:23 PM   #805
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Alright, save filled

Folwren you used Osmod just fine. But could you add that he asked Leod to look after Vaenosa whenever he got a chance? (using a wording more appropiate for the situation ) It just seems a little cruel to leave a passed-out lady by herself.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:14 AM   #806
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Nogrod and Arry - Thanks so much for the wounds to my characters! I will mention his condition in my next post.

I'd like to have Calimehtar and his remaining companions clear out and run off into the woods. I hope to do it by early tomorrow afternoon real time. If anyone needs to get something in before the departure of the Easterlings, could you do a post or save by then?

Does anyone have the foggiest idea how many Easterlings are still left alive to stagger off the field of battle? If no one answers this, I'll try to count noses tomorrow. But, if someone knows, that would be very helpful.

Last edited by Child of the 7th Age; 04-24-2006 at 03:20 AM.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:11 AM   #807
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of the 7th Age
Nogrod and Arry - Thanks so much for the wounds to my characters! I will mention his condition in my next post.

Does anyone have the foggiest idea how many Easterlings are still left alive to stagger off the field of battle? If no one answers this, I'll try to count noses tomorrow. But, if someone knows, that would be very helpful.
Firstly: you are welcome!

The tally might be 13 dead easterlings... I'm not absolutely sure, but with a quick glance that seems right. But as we have never indicated the exact number of the easterlings to begin with, I guess you might come up with any decent looking number (Calimehtar + 2,3,4?).

And how about Vaenosa's arrow? Did it miss or hit (and if hit, then whom?)?

PS. I'm a bit unsure, whether I should have explained Sythric's last move more openly in the thread. He changes the lance to the knife, because Calimehtar backed among the oaks - and it's hard to use a long lance in between the trees - and because he was afraid of the collision, as he was quite weak already... Should I add a sentence or two there to spell this out?
Old 04-24-2006, 07:49 AM   #808
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael
Folwren you used Osmod just fine. But could you add that he asked Leod to look after Vaenosa whenever he got a chance? (using a wording more appropiate for the situation ) It just seems a little cruel to leave a passed-out lady by herself.
Done. Look at it and make sure it's alright.

-- Folwren
Old 04-24-2006, 10:45 AM   #809
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren
Done. Look at it and make sure it's alright.

-- Folwren
Yes, all good =)
Old 04-24-2006, 02:17 PM   #810
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arry has just left Hobbiton.
SAVE filled - Brand, Meghan, and Dorran are safely down the hill . . .
Old 04-24-2006, 02:20 PM   #811
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Someone better hurry and help Vaenosa before she bleeds to death......
Old 04-24-2006, 02:42 PM   #812
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier
Someone better hurry and help Vaenosa before she bleeds to death......
No worries, I believe Leod and Incana are tending to her.

What are they going to do now, though? Are they going to just stay here where the attack was fought all night? Are they going to remount and head forward? They don't know for certain that they're out of danger, you know. But, on the other hand, they can't very well ride with some of the injuries that some of them have.

How many more miles to Edoras?

-- Folwren
Old 04-24-2006, 02:54 PM   #813
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

It is about a 5-6 day ride to Edoras.

I was planning on spending a few days Real Time letting the injured members of the group get back in some sort of shape to ride.

Then we'll head out again, and I think, in a very few posts arrive at Edoras.

At that point, the game will be nearly over - and all that will be left is for each gamer, as they wish, to write an epilog post of what happened to their character(s) following the meeting with the king. These last posts can take the character as far into the future as the gamer wishes.
Old 04-24-2006, 02:58 PM   #814
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
What are they going to do now, though? Are they going to just stay here where the attack was fought all night? Are they going to remount and head forward? They don't know for certain that they're out of danger, you know. But, on the other hand, they can't very well ride with some of the injuries that some of them have.
I guess the party can't continue before the morning - and even then, we might have some damage-assessment to do... I think a fire would be necessary - just to get boiling water to help with the medicare. And Syhtric's last wine might go as well - to both drinking and to clean the wounds: that was the way they did in Medieval times! (Sythric wouldn't like it, but would understand the need)

Maybe - after the first aid - dragging the badly wounded up to the ridge (safer & more defendable) and getting the fire on then? Just a suggestion. Sythric's quite out of the game right now, and wouldn't be suggesting anything himself... I hope he wakes up tomorrow.

And thanks Child for the fun you gave us!
Old 04-25-2006, 02:10 PM   #815
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Undome:
You mention that no-one has died... I don't know if this is on purpose or not, but didn't Raewald die? If not, I think I killed him on my last post, I'll have to edit that
Old 04-25-2006, 02:10 PM   #816
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arry
I was planning on spending a few days Real Time letting the injured members of the group get back in some sort of shape to ride.

Then we'll head out again, and I think, in a very few posts arrive at Edoras.
And we should bury Raedwald! By that time, I would hope Sytric is conscious - I would love to write a post concerning the burial...

But anyhow. As Arry said, we have a few days (RL) to pick ourselves up, then we should go for it! I can send some nightmares during the uncosciousness, but those will not take the story forwards.

And Arry's post was from yesterday...

EDIT: X-posted with Farael
Old 04-25-2006, 02:15 PM   #817
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

So just to clarify, We are situated ontop of the hill? I would love it if everyone was to post so we can all be consious and have some talk. Because my epilogue at the end may be fairly ho-hum if we can't get some sort of friendships going before the end.
Old 04-25-2006, 03:33 PM   #818
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier
So just to clarify, We are situated ontop of the hill?
I guess we are somewhere half-away the hill (as some people had to ride up to make the last fight - and as the easterlings had to wait for us to be on the hill before they attacked).

And that's a bad place to overnight, so we should move up to the shade of the oaks on the ridge (described in several posts). And there will be things to find- f.ex. Raedwald's lance (Sythric would want it - but they might discuss it with Meghan), all the arrows, all the easterling stuff from the bodies (some wealth there - who wants to turn greedy? ), etc.

So lots of things to ponder about. So please, get things moving. I can't do it, as Sythric has passed over.
Old 04-25-2006, 03:38 PM   #819
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

If no one else posts by then, I may get us on top of the hill this evening (a couple hours). And as a matter of fact, I think we would have tried to move to our camping place before we started bandaging and setting wounds to the extent that Undome has in her last post.

Tevildo: Is it possible that you might put it into your save that we moved up? That would be best I think.

-- Folwren
Old 04-25-2006, 03:50 PM   #820
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
If no one else posts by then, I may get us on top of the hill this evening (a couple hours). And as a matter of fact, I think we would have tried to move to our camping place before we started bandaging and setting wounds to the extent that Undome has in her last post.

Tevildo: Is it possible that you might put it into your save that we moved up? That would be best I think.

-- Folwren
Go on Folwren!

We just can't have moved up too early, as the battle raged there just a minute ago. But surely, we would need a fire asp., and the wounds have to be tended also at the instant. Maybe just a little first-aid fire at the lower hill, and then a campfire at the ridge?
Old 04-25-2006, 05:10 PM   #821
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Undómë has just left Hobbiton.
Yes - Raedwald died. No need to edit anything. I've deleted my post - feel free to carry on as you wish
Young she was and yet not so. The braids of her dark hair were touched by no frost, her white arms and clear face were flawless and smooth, and the light of stars was in her bright eyes, grey as a cloudless night . . .
Old 04-25-2006, 05:23 PM   #822
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

All right - one or two of you Wulfhamer/Bregoware people who isn't injured please write a post that gets us up to the top of the hill and get it posted on the game thread.

Nogrod -

Quote:
Sythric has passed over
Did you mean to say he is actually dead or just unconscious? If dead, I doubt he will be wanting Rædwald's spear.

Undómë - we'll work something out later, I guess, eh? *shrugs*
Old 04-25-2006, 08:39 PM   #823
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Okay, I've posted a post, but it was quickly and hastily (therefore probably poorly) thrown together. I will be expecting people to tell me how to edit it.

Undome: I used your character a bit. Tell me if I should change anything.

Farael: I also used Osmod again, a little bit.

Someone tell me if it was a bad idea to have the two girls go off to make camp by themselves, but I sent them off together because they're so little they wouldn't have been much help down below with lifting bodies onto horses or whatever else.

I didn't have a second fire built down where the wounded ones were, Nogrod, because I think that they would have just bandaged the wounds temporailly to staunch the bleeding and then moved them directly.

Fion, Eostre, Dorran, and Leod were all characters I was unsure of their health, so I really said very little about them. However, some of those characters were mentioned. If they were used wrongly or impossibly, let me know.

As I said, I will not be surprised if I have to make several edits on this post because of having moved all the characters and therefore using them occasionally....just let me know and I'll get to it in the morning.

-- Folwren
Old 04-26-2006, 01:44 AM   #824
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

It was a good post, Folwren.

Arry

I've edited and reposted . . . poor Brand . . . I hope he can survive the goat monolog
Young she was and yet not so. The braids of her dark hair were touched by no frost, her white arms and clear face were flawless and smooth, and the light of stars was in her bright eyes, grey as a cloudless night . . .
Old 04-26-2006, 02:16 AM   #825
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arry

Nogrod -
Did you mean to say he is actually dead or just unconscious? If dead, I doubt he will be wanting Rædwald's spear.
Oh. I guess I should have said "passed out"...

So Sythric's just uncinscious

EDIT: Hah!!!
Quote:
So Sythric's just uncinscious
Once again: unconscious...

Last edited by Nogrod; 04-26-2006 at 02:44 AM.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:31 AM   #826
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tevildo has just left Hobbiton.
Folwren -- Your post is fine as far as Leod goes. Dorran isn't badly injured.

I've added another post where Leod and Dorran interact. Anyone is welcome to use Leod briefly to describe his helping them with potions, bandages and such. I've been fighting a bug and haven't been up to par (in real life terms, I mean.... )
Now Tevildo was a mighty cat--the mightiest of all--and possessed of an evil spirit,...and he was in Melko's constant following; and that cat had all cats subject to him, and he and his subjects were the chasers and getters of meat for Melko's table.
Old 04-26-2006, 03:29 PM   #827
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tevildo
Folwren -- Your post is fine as far as Leod goes. Dorran isn't badly injured.
I didn't have him badly injured, did I?

--

I'm putting up a save that I will fill in ... at least a couple hours if not sooner. In it, Athwen will be waking in a rather bad way. That is, in her disturbed mind set (the attack on her village has finally caught up to her again, and with the battle. . .things are at the extremes) she will have very bad dreams and wake herself and the entire camp (or at least those who are conscious enough to be awoken thus) with her crying and screaming. Now, I wouldn't generally tell you all what I was planning to do in a post, but I would like to see someone (I'm assuming that it will probably be a girl, but it doesn't have to be) run up to her and try to calm her.

I haven't decided if she's really going insane or not. I'll comfort you all and say that she probably isn't. She's just very overwrought right now.

--

Arry (or anyone else, but I'm most worried about Arry because he's the game owner), does this bother you? Having such a character?

-- Folwren
Old 04-26-2006, 03:46 PM   #828
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
I'm putting up a save that I will fill in ... at least a couple hours if not sooner. In it, Athwen will be waking in a rather bad way. That is, in her disturbed mind set (the attack on her village has finally caught up to her again, and with the battle. . .things are at the extremes) she will have very bad dreams and wake herself and the entire camp (or at least those who are conscious enough to be awoken thus) with her crying and screaming.
I guess, we might have a save before that for Dorran looking after Sythric... I could have time tomorrow (a post in, about 18 hours from now), where I could do my part of it - Tevildo could then fill in the part of Dorran; either to start that common post, or to end it, ot to be at both sides? Or Dorran: if you are ready to post earlier than me, just go ahead! I'll adjust my post to your writing. I'll make the save anyhow. If you have time to write, put it here on the discussion thread, and I'll copy-paste it into my save...

And Arry: if you are feeling, that we should make haste, I think at least I have time tomorrow to write us on our way (we just leave a save to Athwen's nightmares, or whatever they turn out to be)? But I would be most happy, if someone else writes it, as I have to write this "Sythric going wild in his head" + addressing Dorran - post tomorrow anyhow...
Old 04-26-2006, 05:33 PM   #829
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
I'm putting up a save that I will fill in ... at least a couple hours if not sooner. In it, Athwen will be waking in a rather bad way.

I haven't decided if she's really going insane or not. I'll comfort you all and say that she probably isn't. She's just very overwrought right now.
--
Arry (or anyone else, but I'm most worried about Arry because he's the game owner), does this bother you? Having such a character?
This sounds OK with me - but can you jump your post ahead of my most recent one.

Thanks!

-- Arry
Old 04-26-2006, 07:02 PM   #830
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Folwren

I've set it up in my last post that it's night time now . . . so go ahead with your own post . . .

-- Arry

Last edited by Arry; 04-27-2006 at 12:11 AM.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:06 PM   #831
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Whoops. Sorry, guys. I thought everyone would be ready to move on for night.

I moved my post for you.

And what I wrote wasn't actually quite as . . . disturbing as I first was planning. For two reasons, really. . .I decided I didn't want to make Athwen a complete bother and nuisance and have every one despise her and think that she was going completely out of her head (it had entered my mind to have her do a sleep walking type thing. . .I've had my sister do it and it can be really weird and really disturbing) and I also didn't continue writing because I didn't know who it was who stepped up to her to see what was wrong. If I were sure that it were a girl character, I would have had Athwen turn towards her and cry on her shoulder and it would have been all very well and good, but I didn't want to put one of your guys into such an awkward situation.

So, I've stopped it where if you want, someone can take the place of the person standing next to Athwen still not knowing what's wrong, or we can pass on to morning and I can explain in my next post that she went back to bed and whatever else.

And I can always go back and edit if you want to see what else I had in mind (maybe). . .so long as I know who that character is who came up to her.

-- Folwren
Old 04-27-2006, 12:39 PM   #832
Maeggaladiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The end of the world as we know it. I feel fine, incidentally.
Maeggaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Deleted my save, since the battle has been over for quite a while and I've had that save up for over three days now. I was gone during most of the battle, and quite frankly I didn't feel up to writing a huge post accounting for all that happened to Fion during that time.
Old 04-27-2006, 03:13 PM   #833
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Just wondering, will Child and her characters be back later?
Old 04-27-2006, 03:16 PM   #834
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

I've put up a SAVE to respond to Folwren's post. If any other gamer would like to do this let me know and I'll remove it.
Old 04-27-2006, 03:33 PM   #835
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Farael

Child is done with her interlude. So . . . no more Easterlings.

by next week early the group should be in Edoras, and after that the final posts by everyone. That should just about wrap up the game.

-- Arry
Old 04-27-2006, 04:20 PM   #836
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I see, I couldn't make the post today, but I have some outlines for it to post tomorrow. If Tevildo would have time, I would appreciate something considering Dorran's watch by Sythric. Sythric would spit the medicine out from his mouth and be quite violently disturbed (coming to his senses after a nightmare). Then he would settle, and ask for the dead, and insisiting on a honourable burial to Raedwald (as he comes to understand his death after his question).

I guess Radwald's burial could be done in retrospect - so someone remembering it afterwards while riding towards Edoras? Sythric at least would do that - probably Meghan, or some others too?

So Tevildo: if you are online and have time to post, post here on the discussion thread, and I'll move your text to my save - or then Pio or Arry could do that. I could then answer / continue your post...
Old 04-27-2006, 06:38 PM   #837
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Folwren

I've filled my SAVE. It will be interesting to see what Athwen does next.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:05 PM   #838
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Oh, exciting!! I'll try to write a post for this thread (and the other) tonight. I'm behind my time. Till later!

-- Folwren
Old 04-28-2006, 12:49 AM   #839
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Does someone want to carry us to the morning?

If not, I can do it sometime tomorrow . . .
Old 04-28-2006, 01:56 AM   #840
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tevildo has just left Hobbiton.
Nogrod:

Would something like this help?

POSTED TO THE GAME ~*~ PIO

Tevildo's post

Immediately after eating, Dorran had pulled out his bedroll and gone off to the far side of camp to try and get a few hours of sleep as the healer had suggested. He had expected to lie on the ground with eyes wide open as disturbing images from the day's events flitted through his mind. What actually happened was different. One moment the young man was lying quietly and watching the others from a distance, some of whom were talking, others eating, while still others rested or slept. The next moment he was sound asleep, remembering and seeing nothing till several hours later when he was woken by Leod.

Dorran went over and sat down next to Sythric just as the healer had suggested. He bathed the injured man's head with a cool rag and kept a close eye on his chest and face to make sure he was breathing normally. Leod had said that Sythric might begin to come to and that Dorran should feed him a special potion if that happened. But so far there were no signs of that.

Dorran was so occupied with his duties that he thankfully forgot to think about the earlier battle or even his own killing of the Easterling. Sythric had been sleeping comfortably for some time when Dorran noticed that the wounded man was beginning to show some signs of movement. His eyelids were still closed, but his hands and legs changed position, and he even tried to roll over once. Surely this must be what Leod had expected, Dorran mused happily, thinking that Sythric would soon recover. The young man ran over to the coals and looked at the pot brewing there. The medicine seemed a bit thick to drink so Dorran added some water to it and then poured some into a flagon.

Dorran bent over to smell the concoction, and a sharp fishy odor assailed his nose. Curious to see what the brew tasted like, he popped a finger inside the flagon and then brought it to his lips to lick. That was his first mistake. The stuff tasted utterly awful. Ugh! He was glad he did not have to drink that horrible liquid. He felt a little guilty trying to feed it to Sythric, but if this was what was needed for him to get well, the poor patient would just have to suffer! After all, Leod was a healer and he must know what he was doing.

At that instant, Sythric's eyes opened, he gave a deep groan, and struggled to try and sit up. Dorran reached over and mumbled, "You'll have to drink this. Leod says so if you want to get well," and, at that intstant, began pouring it generously down Sythric's throat.......

I do have one possible suggestion about the awful taste of this stuff. It's just possible that poor Dorran has picked up the wrong medicine flask, and has given Sythric a mouthful of wound ointment liberally laced with water (hopefully non toxic)! If you want to play with that idea, go ahead. You're welcome to use Dorran to go over and find the other flask with the "right" medicine. Either you can right that, or I can tomorrow. If you don't want to use that idea, you can just assume that Leod likes to get his patients out of bed by giving them such awful brews that they'd rather get well than take any more medicine!

If you want me to edit anything, let me know....
Now Tevildo was a mighty cat--the mightiest of all--and possessed of an evil spirit,...and he was in Melko's constant following; and that cat had all cats subject to him, and he and his subjects were the chasers and getters of meat for Melko's table.

Last edited by piosenniel; 04-28-2006 at 11:46 AM.