The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-16-2010, 12:49 AM   #201
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Blind Guardian is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
When do our votes have to be in?
Tom was poet bot. Tom only sold soul for art. Tom suffered. Mith mithed Tom
Blind Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 12:51 AM   #202
Keeper of Dol Guldur
Shade of Carn Dûm

Keeper of Dol Guldur has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Thing is, though, he didn't even try. He just said "I'm confused. Kbye!" and left. At least some of the people who didn't vote had excuses (not that all of them did, and some of them have some explaining to do. *looks stern*). He was around. He could have asked questions, or gave an opinion on something. Morsul is usually louder than that. Even when he's confused (which he often is), he'll still talk. The fact that he's not talking, and purposefully doing so, is something I find rather bothersome. Still, I've been known to get crusade-y about Morsul before, and he's been innocent then, so...
Fair enough.
"I come from yonder...Have you seen Baggins? Baggins has left, he is coming. He is not far away. I wish to find him. If he passes will you tell me? I will come back with gold." - Khamul the Easterling

Last edited by Keeper of Dol Guldur; 05-16-2010 at 12:52 AM. Reason: xed with BG
Keeper of Dol Guldur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 12:51 AM   #203
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Guardian View Post
Anytime before Shasta posts the Deadline.

EDIT: xed with - um, do I call you Mira or Keep?
Old 05-16-2010, 12:53 AM   #204
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

That's what I didn't like.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:56 AM   #205
Keeper of Dol Guldur
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
In 22 hours. Read the rules.

EDIT: Gah my computer is being ridiculous. Lottie, go ahead and stick with Mira, since it's still me, just using a different account. Changing now might confuse people more than they already are.
"I come from yonder...Have you seen Baggins? Baggins has left, he is coming. He is not far away. I wish to find him. If he passes will you tell me? I will come back with gold." - Khamul the Easterling

Last edited by Keeper of Dol Guldur; 05-16-2010 at 12:57 AM. Reason: xed with people cuz my computer is being frustrating
Old 05-16-2010, 12:59 AM   #206
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mira View Post
In 22 hours. Read the rules.

EDIT: Gah my computer is being ridiculous. Lottie, go ahead and stick with Mira, since it's still me, just using a different account. Changing now might confuse people more than they already are.
Gotcha - and good luck with your computer. *pets Mira's computer*
Old 05-16-2010, 12:59 AM   #207
Keeper of Dol Guldur
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
That's what I didn't like.
What didn't you like? It's disgustingly ambiguous posts like that that don't get us anywhere and just confuse people. Please try to be more specific.
Old 05-16-2010, 01:12 AM   #208
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

I said I didn't like Morsul not posting! That's what we where talking about.
Old 05-16-2010, 01:19 AM   #209
Keeper of Dol Guldur
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
I said I didn't like Morsul not posting! That's what we where talking about.
Actually we were talking about deadline, but if you want to think that you can. Furthermore, why don't you like Morsul not posting? Making ambiguous posts with no justification is a waste of everybody's time because then people have to ask why.
Old 05-16-2010, 01:28 AM   #210
The Elf-warrior
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Elf-warrior is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via Skype™ to The Elf-warrior
I'd like to start with a public service announcement. If you didn't vote yesterday and you're innocent, vote today before the deadline. It could save this village. There are a lot of people in this village now, but our numbers will shrink and remember, the wolves have an extra kill. The wolves have managed to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat before.

Anywho, I am still suspicious of Boromir. However, I think it's possible the wolves killed Izzy to frame Boromir.

I found something that could be suspicious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally post #70
Okay, furry friends, I have to go to work in a bit.
I've noticed it before, but I wonder if I'm making a mountain out of a molehill.
Old 05-16-2010, 01:32 AM   #211
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Elf-warrior View Post
I'd like to start with a public service announcement. If you didn't vote yesterday and you're innocent, vote today before the deadline. It could save this village. There are a lot of people in this village now, but our numbers will shrink and remember, the wolves have an extra kill. The wolves have managed to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat before.

Anywho, I am still suspicious of Boromir. However, I think it's possible the wolves killed Izzy to frame Boromir.

I found something that could be suspicious. I've noticed it before, but I wonder if I'm making a mountain out of a molehill.
That is possible, and we shouldn't write him off as guilty - but I personally am definitely leaning in that direction.

And I wouldn't make too much out of that quote. Sally is Sally - she'll say something like that just for kicks. Last game she was all over the fur analogies (then again, she was evil last game ).
Old 05-16-2010, 01:33 AM   #212
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Dark-Eye

I didn't like his post because he came online, said he wasn't going to vote and then dissapeared. What the heck? Why not just lerk then say anything at all and act suspicious. And his reasoning was that he didn't suspeact anyone or something along those lines. That he was confused. Why not ask questions like me? "oh I'm a seer and I know something so I'm not going to vote"

If that didn't make sence I'm tired and my thumb hurts
Old 05-16-2010, 01:56 AM   #213
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Well, I'm for bed. I shall return, and will be around for quite a lot of the Day. Don't go voting Rikae while I'm gone, or I shall accuse Boro of corrupting your poor little minds with his sillyness. And I shall be very put out if there aren't many posts to read when I return, and may even vote for someone if they pull a Morsul. Play nice, don't trample the flowers, and I will grace you with my presence once again.
Old 05-16-2010, 02:05 AM   #214
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:

True, though I doubt that would be their primary reason for the kill– not if they have any sense. Under the current circumstances, they should be trying to eliminate the gifteds ASAP.
Old 05-16-2010, 05:46 AM   #215
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sorry I was busy the other day... I'll be more active tonight. But have to go to work at the moment. The reason I didn't post much was because I was so busy. The reason I didn't vote was, my vote record is iffy at the best of times, I didn't want to vote anyone in particular just to do so. Although Nerwen is high on my suspicion list she had said something that seemed off to me.... At this exact second I can't recall what it was but I'll figure it out tonight with a real post.
Old 05-16-2010, 05:51 AM   #216
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
Although Nerwen is high on my suspicion list she had said something that seemed off to me.... At this exact second I can't recall what it was but I'll figure it out tonight with a real post.
Oh, come on, Morsul, you know you always suspect me on principle, ever since that Arctic game of Legate's.
Old 05-16-2010, 07:06 AM   #217
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

I know Mira (prior to being transformed into a Ringwraith) analysed Izzy, but I though I'd do my own.

#84. Explains the general rules of WW to Blind Guardian in great detail.

#85.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy the Cobbler
I agree that the Seer shouldn't necessarily use their extra dream so quickly, as it would essentially be a waste of it. I think it is not the norm that the seer goes so quickly, and holding onto it for a phase or so enables them to get a better perception of players, and they are able to better make their dream choices. If they want to use it early, that is entirely their decision. Who knows, people could be looking very suspicious early on, it has happened.

The Hunter and their extra kill, kind of worries me - as it isn't alignment specific, so they could essentially take out two innocents with them. The likelihood of taking out two wolves is less probable than two innocents, or one innocent and one wolf.
Comments: This, and #120, may have been what got Izzy killed, possibly as well as her vote on Boro. By which I mean, her preoccupation with the gifteds, especially the Seer, may have looked like a "gifted conscience", to coin a phrase.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy cont'd
The Cobbler, there is no reason to keep them around. I think they should be treated more like a wolf than ever before - given that they already know the identity of one wolf. If not a full wolf, they are .5 of one.
Well, the wolves took her advice about not keeping her around... Seriously, I wonder if she was trying to signal to the wolves here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy cont'd
To the idea that anyone could say they were the seer. Fake-claiming a role is typically something that the wolves do, to either save themself from a lynch and/or to try and get the real special role to out themself. Ordos fake claiming, is just a mess. It can happen, as a way to protect the real special role - though as the sentence right before says.. it is a mess.
She goes to great trouble to dissuade Blind Guardian from making a false reveal. Now that we know she was the Cobbler, one wonders why.

#109. [Referring to Boro.]
Quote:
He did admit he was bandwagoning. Not entirely sure it makes it any better.

#120. Argues forcefully against Lottie's proposal that the Seer should use up the extra dream, then reveal.

#131. Greets Paranoia, explains the Mafia terms he used, comments on Lottie wagon (Lottie had three votes at this point):
Quote:
It kind of looks like Loslote is going to be a First Day lynch ritual? o.O

#139.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy
I am debating between Nienna and Boro. I dislike both of their votes.
Comments: Nienna, as far as she knew, had two votes at this point, as this crossed with my vote-post.

#141.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy
++Boro

I dislike his vote more than I do nienna's.
Comments: This post was made a minute before DL, when both Nienna and Lottie had three votes. Barring multiple people jumping in to vote out of nowhere, Boro was pretty safe at this point.

General Comments: It does seem quite likely she was killed as a suspected Seer. There's no clear indication of who "her" wolf was; indeed she only interacted or talked about four living players (Lottie, Boro, Paranoia and Blind Guardian). Of the four, I don't think it can have been Lottie (this of course doesn't rule out Lottie being a wolf). It could conceivably have been Boro, even though she voted for him, because the vote put him in no real danger. She helps out Paranoia, who was starting to raise eyebrows. Her relations with Blind Guardian are the most interesting, though– could #84 be an attempt to make sure a wolf-cub has an obvious source of information (in case she gets accused of knowing too much), and #85 be an attempt to prevent that same cub doing something silly? Very thin, I admit. It's just as likely "Izzy's wolf" was one of those who posted little or nothing yesterDay.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:06 AM   #218
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Well, a strange game this is shaping up to be, in keeping with the trend lately.

The wolves couldn't have made a better choice for their kill last Night.

Quote:
Paranoia, maybe I'm just being blind, but I'm inclined to think Blind Guardian's mistakes are so mistakey that it makes her unlikely to be a wolf. I think it's more likely she's a cobbler. I'm inclined to believe she's an innocent.
It's also a well-known fact that newbie wolves are routinely encouraged to act as if they don't understand many of the workings of the game, and it could be argued that some of BG's questions have been a bit over the top in trumpeting newbie status. Not saying she's definitely a wolf, but it's something to keep in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
I really do think Boro is a wolfie (and not because of luck). He voted for me, and even admited it was a bandwagoning move. Since when does Boro bandwagon early? He sure seemed entirely adverse to the idea last game, when he was innocent. I'm off to analyze him...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
It does seem quite likely [Izzy] was killed as a suspected Seer. There's no clear indication of who "her" wolf was; indeed she only interacted or talked about four living players (Lottie, Boro, Paranoia and Blind Guardian). Of the four, I don't think it can have been Lottie (this of course doesn't rule out Lottie being a wolf). It could conceivably have been Boro, even though she voted for him, because the vote put him in no real danger.
If Boro is furry, I don't think it's all that likely he was the one wolf Izzy knew about. Why would she have voted for him, in that case? She could easily have voted someone else, and if she knew he was a wolf she should have known a blind vote for him could make the pack suspicious enough to kill her.

Quote:
I don't think that Boro's a wolf, of course what am I to know?
That's nice, but why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper of Dol Guldur View Post
That reason being that my account has 666 posts and SOMEONE refuses to let me post again and thus forked over his account information.
This is quite bizarre!
Old 05-16-2010, 08:17 AM   #219
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
If Boro is furry, I don't think it's all that likely he was the one wolf Izzy knew about. Why would she have voted for him, in that case? She could easily have voted someone else, and if she knew he was a wolf she should have known a blind vote for him could make the pack suspicious enough to kill her.
I said it was "conceivable", not "likely".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Guardian
That's nice, but why not?
Indeed, did you have any specific reason for thinking he was innocent, Blind? You did not mention it.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:27 AM   #220
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Oh lovely, everyone and their mother has thrown out every possible reason in the book at me. At least the last few posts have been more reasonable, besides Nerwen banging on about "curling up into a ball" and Mira dropping out references to hidden clues in the narration (let's just go on and ignore that post though, right?) Mira, go for it, let's hear this clue in the narration you found, holding back now isn't going to save me.

There's flip-flopping and then there's wolves eyeing a juicy lynch, which one Blind are I'll let you lot figure out, but you're all are just going to write it off as a newbie mistake I imagine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind, 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind, 169
OK now he sounds evil.
Lottie, find someone else to execute. I voted for you because you had me thinking Rikae was in the game. I thought, I got to vote, Lottie's confusing me, if she's going to do that, that's the best thing I got. It's only a bandwagon because of coming after Glirdan's. I'll ask you since you apparently know me oh so well now after being PM buddies a whole 24 hours...do you really think as a wolf I would go for the easy Day 1 option? I can't help when I have to vote, but heck at least I do it. That's the only reason you have a reason to suspect me, unlike half the rest of this place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper of Dol Mirandur :p
Morsul's refusal to vote doesn't bother me the way it seems to be bothering other people. I've refused to vote on Day 1 plenty of times because I hate crapshoot votes. At least he bothered to post, unlike half the people supposedly playing in this game.
I'll put this in a way that you can easily understand it (that isn't supposed to come off as a rude slight, but just saying I'm going to put it in an analogy I know you'll understand). If the Cowboys were playing the Eagles, you know that the Cowboys are allowed to look at all of the Eagles' game film to prepare for the match on Sunday (film on their practices is a big no-no, but all football teams look at game film to prepare for their upcoming match).

In WW we don't know who the foes are, we have to figure it out on our own, but there's a lot of game film we can look at. One of the biggest forms is a vote, because it makes everyone leave some sort of evidence. Mods can't control how many times people post, and truthfully I don't like spending hours reading through a thread, so it's ok if people don't have the time to post a lot, or simply just don't want to. As much as I want to smother Paranoia with a pillow for yesterday, he came on, posted at least once and voted. When multiple people don't vote, it's one thing to not vote because of time crunch or being sick, but to blatantly refuse to vote is getting rid of a part of the game-film we NEED to have to lynch wolves. It would honestly be like if the Eagles refused to give the Cowboys half their game-film, just because they didn't want to. I'm sure they don't like it, but they have to. People might not like making a tough, rushed vote, but man up, stop whining about it and just do it. All of us who do vote are playing by the rules and have "game-film" now to look at, those who don't...and that's weak and it's bull.

Edit: crossed with Zil and Nerwen

Last edited by Boromir88; 05-16-2010 at 08:30 AM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:20 AM   #221
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Okay, so I have a dumb question. (Because I just woke up and am not processing very well right now.) Is Mira replaced by Keeper or is Mira playing under Keeper? *headdesks* I'm just so very tired....

Also, I'm going to go look at Morsul and a couple other people. Back soon-ish.

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 05-16-2010 at 09:35 AM.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:21 AM   #222
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Silmaril

So, I was rather struck by young Blind Guardian's dialogue toDay, and I thought I'd turn it into a little play. (Longer passages have been summarised in italics. All BG's posts are untouched.)

EYELESS WATCHER

A play in one act
by
Nerwen

Sally: Ha, ha, Boro's a wolf!

Blind Guardian: Bye-bye Izzy, it was nice to know you. Why do you think Boro's a wolf?

Loslote: This is why.

Blind Guardian: I don't think that Boro's a wolf, of course what am I to know?

Mira: This is why too.

Nerwen: And this.

Paranoia: Ditto.

Blind Guardian: This is all just guessing though. And she wasn't the Seer she was the cobbler. Right? So what's the big deal. If you vote off Boro you may have one less wolf/Seer/villager or whatever. Though I see where you are going. Looks suspicious. Hm...

Lottie: *analyses Boro in detail* See? Bad.

Blind Guardian: OK now he sounds evil.

Nerwen: Barring a Seer-reveal, it's always "just guessing". The point is that the wolves may have thought she was the Seer.

Blind Guardian: I just so happened she was the cobbler So who killed her?

Lottie: The wolves. They were silly.

Blind Guardian: No I meant who is the wolves, I knew that!

Various: Cookies! Cookies!

Blind Guardian: OK OK enough with the cookies! Who's the wolf?

Lottie: Boro. I think Boro. Also Morsul, because of his supremely annoying "no vote" yesterDay. See my vote post for reasons why this is evil.

Blind Guardian: Boro does look suspicious. I don't know, let me read

Blind Guardian: Paranoa too, looked suspicious.

Keeper of Dol Guldur (formerly Mirandir): I am Mira no more! I am a Nazgul! Fear me! Raaa!

Keeper of Dol Guldur (commenting on Blind's "who's the wolf? post): That's kinda the point of the game. To figure that out. Try working some suspicions out for yourself and see where that gets us.

Lottie: Hmm. Noia could just be a rather...agressive newbie. I'd give him a bit longer to see if he calms down a bit.

Blind Guardian: We where talking about cookies, I was trying to get us back on track.

Blind Guardian: Then that leaves Boro

Lottie: It's not so much that it leaves Boro, he just happens to look guilty. There are plenty of other people who could be wolves. Actually, three more, to be specific.

For example...I still don't like Morsul's refusal to vote. And there are several people (Glirdy, Wilwa, Cabbie, and Tum come to mind) who haven't really posted and thus haven't given us much to work with. But Boro does look bad, I'll readily give you that.

Blind Guardian: True. I don't like Morsul's refusal to vote either. Might be a wolf trying to act innocent.

Keeper of Dol Guldur: Morsul's refusal to vote doesn't bother me the way it seems to be bothering other people. I've refused to vote on Day 1 plenty of times because I hate crapshoot votes. At least he bothered to post, unlike half the people supposedly playing in this game.

Lottie *explains why Morsul's post was suspicious*

Various: Deadline? Deadline?

Blind Guardian: That's what I didn't like.

Keeper of Dol Guldur: What didn't you like? It's disgustingly ambiguous posts like that that don't get us anywhere and just confuse people. Please try to be more specific.

Blind Guardian: I said I didn't like Morsul not posting! That's what we where talking about.

Keeper of Dol Guldur: Actually we were talking about deadline, but if you want to think that you can. Furthermore, why don't you like Morsul not posting? Making ambiguous posts with no justification is a waste of everybody's time because then people have to ask why.

Blind Guardian: I didn't like his post because he came online, said he wasn't going to vote and then dissapeared. What the heck? Why not just lerk then say anything at all and act suspicious. And his reasoning was that he didn't suspeact anyone or something along those lines. That he was confused. Why not ask questions like me? "oh I'm a seer and I know something so I'm not going to vote"

If that didn't make sence I'm tired and my thumb hurts

[Note: it makes sense, but it's just a repeat of Lottie's reasons.]

Critic's response: This remarkably fresh drama, with its sparkling, witty conversation and it surface gaiety, carries a darker, yet inescapable subtext. The audience is left wondering: what, exactly, is the relationship between Blind Guardian and Boromir88? What drives her to be truly– in a brilliant piece of symbolism– "blind" to the mounting evidence against him, to try, seemingly, to find another suspect for the crime of which he is accused? We know from the beginning that this is no love story: what strange, unspoken bond, then, can it be that links these two very different characters?

EDIT:X'd since my last post.

Last edited by Nerwen; 05-16-2010 at 09:54 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:29 AM   #223
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

And in case it's not clear what I'm getting at in my last post: I wouldn't be surprised if Boro and Blind Guardian were packmates. It sort of looks that way. I mean she might be just a newbie who is grateful to him for being kind to her, and doesn't understand why he's suspicious, but still...
Old 05-16-2010, 09:44 AM   #224
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quick announcement:

I'll be going to see Duck (and our friend the Right Honorable Guinea Pig, our cohort for most of our little adventures) this afternoon. They're all growed up. *sniff* Anyway, while I don't plan to be gone that long, I don't know what (if anything) we'll be doing, so I'm not sure when I'll be back once I leave. But don't worry, I'll be voting at some point, I swear. Otherwise Shasta's threatened me with a grisly death.

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 05-16-2010 at 09:47 AM.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:04 AM   #225
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
Lottie, find someone else to execute. I voted for you because you had me thinking Rikae was in the game. I thought, I got to vote, Lottie's confusing me, if she's going to do that, that's the best thing I got. It's only a bandwagon because of coming after Glirdan's. I'll ask you since you apparently know me oh so well now after being PM buddies a whole 24 hours...do you really think as a wolf I would go for the easy Day 1 option? I can't help when I have to vote, but heck at least I do it. That's the only reason you have a reason to suspect me, unlike half the rest of this place.
In other words, Boro, you voted Lottie for the kind of trumped-up reason that actually looks worse than none at all– and I say this as one who is generally suspicious of random votes.

And I don't know about Lottie, but I do think you would go for an easy lynch. Why on Earth not?
Old 05-16-2010, 10:11 AM   #226
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Dark-Eye

Boy, I sounded like poop last night. I don't even remember posting half of that But let's see; I am new and I have never played any werewolf-mofia games, ever. I don't want to say boros a wolf is kinda a subconcious thing. Something tells me not to vote for Boro. I don't know, it's hard to explain

Last edited by Blind Guardian; 05-16-2010 at 10:24 AM.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:15 AM   #227
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Boy, I sounded like **** last night. I don't even remember posting half of that But let's see; I am new and I have never played any werewolf-mofia games, ever. I don't want to say boros a wolf is kinda a subconcious thing. Something tells me not to vote for Boro. I don't know, it's hard to explain
Blind, dear, you see those asterisks? That means you shouldn't be using that kind of language on the Downs. Thanks in advance for keeping it clean!

Anyway I've got Morsul done (have for a while, but my mum showed up so I've not been able to post) and am tacking on a quick analysis of Elfie (hehe) so I'll be back in a few minutes with that.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:24 AM   #228
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Dark-Eye

Sorry *edits*
Old 05-16-2010, 10:25 AM   #229
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Sorry *edits*
*pats your head* Thanks, dear.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:26 AM   #230
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Boy, I sounded like **** last night. I don't even remember posting half of that But let's see; I am new and I have never played any werewolf-mofia games, ever. I don't want to say boros a wolf is kinda a subconcious thing. Something tells me not to vote for Boro. I don't know, it's hard to explain
Even after this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
There's flip-flopping and then there's wolves eyeing a juicy lynch, which one Blind are I'll let you lot figure out, but you're all are just going to write it off as a newbie mistake I imagine.
I mean you do realise Boro just accused you of being a wolf, don't you?

Quote:
In WW we don't know who the foes are, we have to figure it out on our own, but there's a lot of game film we can look at. One of the biggest forms is a vote, because it makes everyone leave some sort of evidence. Mods can't control how many times people post, and truthfully I don't like spending hours reading through a thread, so it's ok if people don't have the time to post a lot, or simply just don't want to. As much as I want to smother Paranoia with a pillow for yesterday, he came on, posted at least once and voted. When multiple people don't vote, it's one thing to not vote because of time crunch or being sick, but to blatantly refuse to vote is getting rid of a part of the game-film we NEED to have to lynch wolves. It would honestly be like if the Eagles refused to give the Cowboys half their game-film, just because they didn't want to. I'm sure they don't like it, but they have to. People might not like making a tough, rushed vote, but man up, stop whining about it and just do it. All of us who do vote are playing by the rules and have "game-film" now to look at, those who don't...and that's weak and it's bull.
You know what? I totally agree with this. And I don't like what Morsul did at all. Problem: your vote was, in my opinion, worse and weaker than Morsul's refusal to vote.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:36 AM   #231
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post

I mean you do realise Boro just accused you of being a wolf, don't you?

He did? ANd I stuck up for him
Old 05-16-2010, 10:45 AM   #232
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Wow.... SOOOOO confused...

what are the rules regarding not voting? because I don't plan on voting today because absolutely nothing makes sense for me.
We were all confused. It was the first Day; we were all supposed to be confused. But this looks like he’s taking the cheap way out (which he obviously was) and I don’t approve of it. Just because you don’t have solid evidence against someone (especially on the first Day) doesn’t mean you shouldn’t vote. If all the innocents just didn’t vote on the first Day we’d have no chance of killing a wolf, because the wolves would be controlling the voting.

In a way this makes me think that he’s just a slacking innocent (again) rather than a wolf, but I think either way he’s against the village, intentionally or not.

Quote:
Sorry I was busy the other day... I'll be more active tonight. But have to go to work at the moment. The reason I didn't post much was because I was so busy. The reason I didn't vote was, my vote record is iffy at the best of times, I didn't want to vote anyone in particular just to do so. Although Nerwen is high on my suspicion list she had said something that seemed off to me.... At this exact second I can't recall what it was but I'll figure it out tonight with a real post.
He suspects one person -one- and has nothing else to say about anybody else. Business is understandable and I’ll certainly not fault him for that, but his no vote reasoning is just using his reputation as an excuse for laziness and trying not to leave a trail. It makes me very uneasy.

Verdict (for now): Either way, he’s not going to be helping the village, he’ll be harming us. I don’t know if it’s intentional (aka wolfism) or not, but he’s being a detriment, not an asset, and I’d much rather have him go than someone who’s actually trying to win the game. (This, of course, is subject to change with more posts, but that’s my feeling right now.)

Quote:
I doubt any of us enjoy falling. We have a bigger problem. Werewolves! Hideous creatures of the stygian night.
Gasp! Hehe, a silly post from a silly player, nothing more. Unless it is?

Quote:
In a sense, my name is a hoax. I am not an Elf, just a stout hobbit. Now you've got a rock solid case to lynch me without further talk or rational thought. Oh, all those people who haven't posted must be werewolves. Oh noes, we're all doomed! AGGGGGGGHHHHHH!

That previous paragraph demonstrates that I am a truly sinister individual. Are you too blind to see the way I explain away something truly sinister about myself? Also, note the way he then diverts attention from himself by making a joking accusation about all the people who haven't posted yet. What we need is a strong leader with manly chest hair. On second thought, we need four strong leaders.
And now I’m thinking about manly chest hair. On the female players.

++Elf-Warri.....

Anyway, this is kind of very silly thing but I can see how people would jump on it. I think it’s innocent (or at least not a real hint at evilness) thing, but I’ll want to keep an eye out because people have been getting by with similar posts recently and I’ll stand for it no longer. *sits*

Quote:
I plead not guilty. I was joking when I called myself sinister.

Edit: Cross posted with Loslote.
Just referring to the earlier post. Not a lot.

Quote:
BG: OK, so I should go to bed and wait for tomorrow?
Elfie: Sure. Go ahead.
Just helping a newbie. How sweet, eh? Strangely, however, I’m picking up hints of something more in their little helpful exchange. Maybe it’s just me?

Quote:
Paranoia, maybe I'm just being blind, but I'm inclined to think Blind Guardian's mistakes are so mistakey that it makes her unlikely to be a wolf. I think it's more likely she's a cobbler. I'm inclined to believe she's an innocent.

However, I'm getting some faint suspicious vibes from Boromir. In my werewolfing experience, it is common for wolves to bind themselves with an innocent so that if the innocent dies, the wolf is given a patina of innocence and vice a versa if the wolf dies. This could be the nature of a possible connection between Blind Guardian and Boromir, she's innocent, he's hairy.

I have gotten practically no suspicious vibes from Lottie. Morsul's intention not to vote seems out of character to me. I could be wrong. I've only played with him once before. I'm inclinedto think Paranoia is innocent because he's thinking in line with me on Boromir.

I'm not really feeling suspicious of Nienna. I don't blame Xed for voting for me. I haven't been helpful.

++Morsul
Defends Blind, suspects Boro, votes Morsul because....because he didn’t vote. Well, understandable but Morsul doing something OOC is actually IC for Morsul, so I don’t know if I agree with this. Also, not voting Paranoia just because he (right?) agrees with you seems off to me. And if you suspect Boro more why not vote him?

Quote:

I found something that could be suspicious. I've noticed it before, but I wonder if I'm making a mountain out of a molehill.
This just screams awkward to me. I almost want to say that there's a hint of "guys, I know we killed our cobbler but we can make it out alive, oh, and I should reassure the village too so I look innocent and helpful" to this post.

Verdict: All in all I think I’ll have to keep an eye on Elfie, but I won’t be double-plussing any time soon, because I’m still very iffy on the whole situation. From the tone of posts I'd actually have to go with guilty right now, but I'm not sure I'm ready to condemn quite yet. We'll have to see what I think of everyone else.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:00 PM   #233
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

May as well vote now.

++Boro.

He's made an attempt to explain himself toDay. Most unsatisfactory.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:20 PM   #234
Keeper of Dol Guldur
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Oh lovely, everyone and their mother has thrown out every possible reason in the book at me. At least the last few posts have been more reasonable, besides Nerwen banging on about "curling up into a ball" and Mira dropping out references to hidden clues in the narration (let's just go on and ignore that post though, right?) Mira, go for it, let's hear this clue in the narration you found, holding back now isn't going to save me.
Heh, yeah, so about that. It was this: "I knew you were a wolf!" she said excitedly, staring at one of the wolves in particular (who began to be uncomfortable). Then it was brought to my attention that I suck at life and the cobbler knew who one of the wolves was at the beginning of the game. My bad.

Quote:
Hmm, you know, I feel like we've had this conversation before. Oh wait, that's because we have. And as per usual, we're going to agree to disagree on this one. But only on Day 1. After that I totally agree with you. (Thanks for the football reference, by the way. <3 my Boys)

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Okay, so I have a dumb question. (Because I just woke up and am not processing very well right now.) Is Mira replaced by Keeper or is Mira playing under Keeper? *headdesks* I'm just so very tired....
It's still Mira, darling. Just under a different account.

Nerwen, fabulous play. *applauds*

Last edited by Keeper of Dol Guldur; 05-16-2010 at 12:20 PM. Reason: xed with Nerwen
Old 05-16-2010, 12:43 PM   #235
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
ATTENTION

Wilwa has been modkilled by request. She was an Ordo.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 12:46 PM   #236
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
ATTENTION

Wilwa has been modkilled by request. She was an Ordo.

*snuggles her poor muffin*
Old 05-16-2010, 02:53 PM   #237
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Wow I wss gone all day not much added... Which isn't bad I mean I can catch up now... Though I did notice Sally's analysyzs of mye another person calling me lazy that's New and original By the way yesterday was THREE pages of JUST banter... why waste a vote on That nonsense. Nienna died and she seemed to be the only one trying.

And Nerwen yes I do often suspect you but for you to go along with all the banter and then write a "Play" seems so not you.

those are my initial thoughts oh and Blind Guardian is Throwing the newbie card at us... seems suspect. Newbies usually get some leeway so no need to throw it out at us so much.

I'd post more but as everyone knows I'm lazy, I'll read through and make more concrete post soon.
Old 05-16-2010, 03:05 PM   #238
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Dark-Eye

What newbie card? I'm just asking questions!
Old 05-16-2010, 03:10 PM   #239
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Boy, I sounded like poop last night. I don't even remember posting half of that But let's see; I am new and I have never played any werewolf-mofia games, ever. I don't want to say boros a wolf is kinda a subconcious thing. Something tells me not to vote for Boro. I don't know, it's hard to explain
that
Old 05-16-2010, 03:17 PM   #240
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

SHASTA: Reading through I noticed you put Blind on the "Didn't Vote" list she voted but late... just to defend her real quick before doing this.

She voted Nienna for absolutely no stated reasons. Spent 2 pages with nothing but banter Gets overly defensive when someone points it out and keeps reminding everyone how innocent she is and new to WW(Which seems forced and fake to me)

++Blind Guardian