The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-19-2010, 10:09 AM   #1
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Tolkien Admin Thread for WW LXXX: It's About Time!

This game will be fairly simple, as a change of pace from the recent past. Also, Simplicity means less chance for me to screw up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ROLES:

Evil:

Wolves (3)- Allowed one kill per Night Phase. May PM among themselves during that phase only. Vote for Innocents during the Day. Win when their number equals the Innocents.

Cobbler (1)- Assists wolves (whoever xe believes them to be) with killing Innocents. Counts as an Innocent in the game tally. Wins if the wolves win. If the Seer dreams of the Cobbler, the Seer will be told only that that person is innocent.

Good

Seer (1)- Is allowed one dream per Night Phase, their choice sent to me via PM. Will be told the role of their target. If xe dreams of the Ranger, the two may PM during the Night Phase only as long as both live.

Ranger (1)- Each Night chooses one player to protect from the wolves, their choice to be sent to me via PM. May not protect xemself, and may not protect anyone two consecutive Nights. If dreamed by the Seer, the two are allowed to PM during the Night Phase as long as both are alive.

Ordos- (7)- Try to kill wolves during the Day. Good side wins if all wolves are killed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RULES:

- Each player is allowed one vote per Day.

- Votes are to be bolded and highlighted ([ highlight ] text [ /highlight ], with no spaces), and placed on a seperate line. For example:

++Inzil

- Votes are non-retractable.

- Votes coming up to and on the DL will be counted. For example, if the DL is 0100, a vote posted at 0100 will count. A vote posted at 0101 will not.

- Failure to vote two consecutive Days will result in modfire, unless there is a very good excuse why you haven't voted.

-In the event of a tie vote, the last person reaching the number will be lynched.

- Dead players are dead. No posting on the Game or Admin Threads is allowed for the deceased until the game has ended.

- Wolf-kills, Seer Dreams, and Ranger picks should be sent in to me no later than 1 hour before DL.

-The words and actions of people in the narratives are not necessarily clues to their alignment, and should not be used as such.

The DL is 0100 GMT.

Players:
Nerwen
Pitch
Wilwa
Shasta
Sally
Lottie
Greenie
skip
Boro
The Elf-warrior
Fea
Eomer
Agan

Signups are closed.

Last edited by Inziladun; 08-24-2010 at 08:06 PM.
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:53 AM   #2
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
A completely traditional game! Now that's different!

Please sign me up.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:17 PM   #3
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Me too, please. A game where I can't be wrong about you - I don't want to miss that!
And DL around 00:00-1:00 would be fine for me.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:35 PM   #4
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Sign me up please! I can fit in one more game before school starts.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:09 PM   #5
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Sign me up, please.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 05:49 PM   #6
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
*raises hand so hard her arm pops*

Also, the DL is nearly perfect!
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 06:08 PM   #7
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
*raises hand so hard her arm pops*

Also, the DL is nearly perfect!
Excellent. But arm popping is not a good thing, is it?
Old 08-19-2010, 11:03 PM   #8
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Me too, please. A game where I can't be wrong about you - I don't want to miss that!
Just because of that, I'm considering going on a witch-hunt to kill Zil Day 1.

Anways, participation's going to be a little bit less than normal for me - school just started up again today - but I should be able to play, since my schedule is a bit more flexible than usual. And DL works for me.
Old 08-20-2010, 04:27 AM   #9
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Ouch. I'm tempted. Like, very tempted. When are you planning to start? The thing is, I have all the time of the world next week, and none of it on the following one...
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 05:18 AM   #10
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
Ouch. I'm tempted. Like, very tempted. When are you planning to start? The thing is, I have all the time of the world next week, and none of it on the following one...
I'd like about twelve players at least, to stick with the usual wolf ratio of 1/4 of the village. I'd be ready to go as soon as that number is reached.
Old 08-20-2010, 07:16 AM   #11
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
I'd like about twelve players at least, to stick with the usual wolf ratio of 1/4 of the village. I'd be ready to go as soon as that number is reached.
Hmm. If you signed me in as a questionmark? I'm seriously not sure if I have the time, I have to have a proper look on my schedules and decide after that. I'll inform you as soon as I know, I'd love to participate!
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
Old 08-20-2010, 07:16 AM   #12
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Put me down as a maybe.

Might have a bit of free time the coming weeks and it would be fun to try another (basic) game...
Old 08-20-2010, 08:59 AM   #13
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Late deadlines almost automatically assure I'm good to sign up. This is so late that it can actually be considered early morning, for me, but still late enough. Sign me up.

(I also demand Greenie and Skip clear their schedules to remove those questionmarks)
Old 08-20-2010, 04:24 PM   #14
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
(I also demand Greenie and Skip clear their schedules to remove those questionmarks)
Seconded! With commitments there, then three more, we can kick it off Sunday Night.
Old 08-20-2010, 06:55 PM   #15
The Elf-warrior
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Elf-warrior is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via Skype™ to The Elf-warrior
Thumbs up

Sign me up.
Old 08-20-2010, 07:28 PM   #16
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Hello.

I believe I'll play.
Old 08-21-2010, 03:50 AM   #17
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Classic style game? No nonsense? Sign me up, Inziladun!

The deadline doesn't matter to me. Go with what works best for you, mijn heer Mod.
Old 08-21-2010, 06:13 AM   #18
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Hmm I'd like to play (and I seem to remember something about promising to join), only I'm going to have guests (Legate and a bunch of his friends) from Saturday on which might prove a problem. Sign me up with a question mark, please.

Which one of your ideas are you going to use?
Old 08-21-2010, 07:21 AM   #19
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Which one of your ideas are you going to use?
The word "time" in the title is a clue.
Old 08-21-2010, 07:26 AM   #20
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

There's an addition of one "rule" above, but it's merely a reminder that the narratives aren't intended to be used as evidence against people.
Old 08-21-2010, 10:13 AM   #21
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
There's an addition of one "rule" above, but it's merely a reminder that the narratives aren't intended to be used as evidence against people.
Aww, but I was totally going to do just that!
Old 08-21-2010, 03:00 PM   #22
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Gah, I would LOVE to play again after the insanity of the past game ( lol), but alas, I will have no computer access from this Tuesday till Saturday....so, unless you want to hold out till next Saturday, I think I'm going to have to pass this round.
Old 08-21-2010, 07:59 PM   #23
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan View Post
Gah, I would LOVE to play again after the insanity of the past game ( lol), but alas, I will have no computer access from this Tuesday till Saturday....so, unless you want to hold out till next Saturday, I think I'm going to have to pass this round.
I enjoyed your game immensely. And my side won. Shame you can't make it, though.
We do need at least twelve, and there are 13 now. If the question marks Greenie, skip, and Agan stay in (and you did indeed promise, Agan, so no pressure or anything ), we can start pretty soon.
Seriously, RL takes priority, though. I understand that things comes up.
Old 08-22-2010, 05:17 AM   #24
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Okay you can take away my question-mark. I will play. I may not be able to participate very much every day but should generally have time enough I think.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:31 AM   #25
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Okay if it's a small game and we start soon, I'm in. I believe I'm able to cope with that even if I have people to entertain.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:47 AM   #26
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Okay if it's a small game and we start soon, I'm in. I believe I'm able to cope with that even if I have people to entertain.
I think both requirements can be met. I'd like to put up the game thread today and begin Night 1. Greenie is the last question mark though, and I wanted to hear from her first.

Also, since no one appears to have any objections, I've settled on 0100 GMT as the DL, which of course translates to 2100 EDT.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:18 AM   #27
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

I fully approve of this completely reasonable deadline. I shall now go browbeat Greenie into playing with a promise of telling her about the dream I had of her last night.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:36 AM   #28
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

All right, all right, I'll play.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:41 AM   #29
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
*grabs spork*
Old 08-22-2010, 11:30 AM   #30
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Outstanding!

In deference to those who need this to begin quickly, I'm going to go ahead and close signups, since this has been up for three days. I'll get the Game Thread up later today, get out the roles, and start Night 1 at 0100 GMT.
Old 08-22-2010, 12:00 PM   #31
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Can I request now, before we get our roles, that Nerwen not be the seer? I don't want the game to be over too quickly.

In seriousness, exciting times! I'm excited to kill you all!

Old 08-22-2010, 04:11 PM   #32
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

I'm working on the opening narrations now. Game Thread is up, but of course the Night won't officially begin until DL.
Roles will be out shortly. You might get your wish, Sally, but it's also possible you won't.

Last edited by Inziladun; 08-22-2010 at 04:14 PM.
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 04:14 PM   #33
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
I'm working on the opening narrations now. Game Thread is up, but of course the Night won't officially begin until DL.
Roles will be out shortly. You might get your wish, Sally, but it's also possible you won't.
You're a horrible person.

I think I rather love you.
Old 08-22-2010, 05:38 PM   #34
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Roles are out. PM me if you didn't get one, or if you have questions. Wolves, don't start PMing until Night 1 begins, please.
I'm also adding to the Roles descriptions something I forgot to mention: if the Seer dreams of the Cobbler, xe will be told only that that person is innocent.
Night 1 should start in about an hour and a half.

Good luck everyone!
Old 08-22-2010, 05:41 PM   #35
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Also, don't forget to be invisible!
Old 08-23-2010, 03:56 AM   #36
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Also, don't forget to be invisible!
My dear modgod, I am always invisible.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:12 AM   #37
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
My dear modgod, I am always invisible.
I know: you, me, and some others. But there are sometimes players who aren't so secretive.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:31 AM   #38
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

In response to a question, I've decided that as long as the wolves win, the Cobbler still gets credited for a win as well, even if xe dies during the game.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:05 PM   #39
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

To address an issue which I forgot to clarify (and fortunately was not tested Day 1), in the event of a tie, the last person reaching the number will be lynched.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:21 AM   #40
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Apologies for the non-vote. I just had to get some sleep, and then I didn't have time to get online at all the next Day.