The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-30-2010, 08:45 AM   #281
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
So, I know we are all getting rather jumpy regardless of our allegiances but it would be interesting to know who you would consider putting your vote on at this point. Cards on the table now, and remember, no time to play around any longer...

Eomer? He's in vogue no doubt...

Pitchwife perhaps? He has had a smooth ride so far, despite some potentially suspect and shadowy activities...

Lottie?

Or me? On the account of this alleged cobblery?

No shadow has fallen on Aganzir either for some reason. Always worrisome though...

Nerwen?

Sally?
Old 08-30-2010, 08:57 AM   #282
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Well Skip, since you ask, I am of course not feeling good about anybody right now. I'm feeling worse about Sally and Loslote than anyone else; I am usually worried about Nerwen and always suspicious of Aganzir; and I'm afraid that the only reason I'm not worrying overly much about you and Pitch is that I don't know you as well as the previous two.

I think we'd all do well, though, to take a few minutes, breathe deeply, and consider every single one of the villagers rationally. There's a danger of getting tunnel-vision at this stage.

It's good advice for myself, certainly.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:58 AM   #283
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip spence View Post
So, I know we are all getting rather jumpy regardless of our allegiances but it would be interesting to know who you would consider putting your vote on at this point. Cards on the table now, and remember, no time to play around any longer...

Eomer? He's in vogue no doubt...

Pitchwife perhaps? He has had a smooth ride so far, despite some potentially suspect and shadowy activities...

Lottie?

Or me? On the account of this alleged cobblery?

No shadow has fallen on Aganzir either for some reason. Always worrisome though...

Nerwen?

Sally?
*applauds* Ooo, nice villainous conversational style you've got there, Skip. I do hope you're a baddie, now, because it'd be such a waste if you're not!

EDIT:X'd with Eomer.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:06 AM   #284
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Ring Back

So it's 2-5 or 3-4, whichever way you prefer to put it... As several others have been saying, if we don't get either a wolf or the cobbler today, we lose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip
Doesn't this mean that cobbler can just as easily do the wolves harm as he/she can be of help to them, really? In the light of this, going for the cobbler when there are two wolves out there seems odd. But as much as I'd like to quarrel with Agan about this, it looks like she's gone for the Day.
In a way, yes - too bad for the wolves if the cobbler finds them innocent-looking enough to vote for one of them. But if both the cobbler and the wolves are alive tomorrow, well, they win. And at this point it's about as important to get rid of the cobbler as lynching a wolf is. It's really rather suspicious of you to try to save the cobbler (by saying that lynching her doesn't matter right now)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
cobblers who survive into the endgame are very dangerous, because then the wolves can reveal openly, and they all vote together.
Fortunately, that doesn't always work. If there's just one wolf left, also the remaining ordo might try to reveal as a wolf. Or the two remaining villagers might try to counter the wolves' claim and with good luck they'd succeed in fooling the cobbler. The biggest reason a surviving cobbler is dangerous is because she can vote for herself - after all, she counts as an innocent.

Quote:
Still I'd argue that would be more of a concern for the wolves trying to make sure they don't accidentally kill the cobbler, then a concern for the village trying to actively hunt down the cobbler.
So you're suggesting we should ignore the cobbler because there's a chance the wolves might kill her?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally
While before I had thought Eomer a possible top suspect, Agan seemed to hop onto me quite suddenly, and since I started suspecting her she's pressed harder.
I voted for you pretty randomly, but then you had bad reasons for suspecting me which made me actually suspicious of you. And calling me a possible panicked wolf? Nah. Me? Dear sally, you should know by now that if you want to suspect me without getting it thrown back into your face, your reasons should be extremely good.

Quote:
Agan is acting rather cobblerish too, bringing up very minor points, making hens out of feathers in a somewhat disturbing manner.
Elaborate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
Now I'm not at all familiar with [Eomer's] wolfing habits, but would he really do something that eye-catching and questionable as a wolf?
I find it rather unlikely... It's good to have proper suspicions on people, but I agree it would really be quite daring to go after the same person three days in a row.

Pitch has a good point about skip voting for the same person as Greenie.

Sorry if I've missed something but why does Greenie's innocence make Eomer a wolf? I really don't like it how some people are pushing it... What happens if Eomer is innocent? We lose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally
However, we don't want to lynch the cobbler toDay either, as that would result in End Game as much as lynching an innocent.
Actually, we do. Not as much as a wolf, of course, but if we think somebody is the cobbler, we should go for them.

Also, if somebody fake-reveals as the seer, I think the real seer should hold revealing till tomorrow... For one of the wolves, a fake reveal equals admitting to being a wolf, and I don't think they can afford that now, so if there's a fake-reveal, it's almost certainly the cobbler. Which means the wolves kill her tonight, and we get an extra day.

I can most likely be around till DL too.

Grr I have no idea what we should do today... Personally I might consider lynching skip (getting the cobbler is better than nothing, and I'm rather positive that's him) and waiting an extra day before the seer reveals (if we get the cobbler - or a wolf - today, we're in the same situation tomorrow, except the seer has got one more dream), but then, I'm not a risk taker.

Last edited by Aganzir; 08-30-2010 at 09:06 AM. Reason: xed since skip
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:13 AM   #285
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
Well Skip, since you ask, I am of course not feeling good about anybody right now. I'm feeling worse about Sally and Loslote than anyone else
*shrug* Well, each is quite capable of daring tactics, that's true. And they could be working together. That's if it's not you, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer
I think we'd all do well, though, to take a few minutes, breathe deeply, and consider every single one of the villagers rationally. There's a danger of getting tunnel-vision at this stage.
No voting until Agan and Pitch have shown up. We need to give the Seer a chance to reveal, if he/she chooses.

EDIT:X'd with Agan.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:13 AM   #286
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Agan, I'm glad to see I'm not alone in thinking Sally's 'Green or Eomer' post was suspicious.

I would find it helpful if people could spell out why they think Skip is the cobbler; I've seen that alluded to a few times and I don't really grasp it. He's a bit, let's dig into the book of cliches, beneath my radar.

Go on, convince me.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:14 AM   #287
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
No voting until Agan and Pitch have shown up. We need to give the Seer a chance to reveal, if he/she chooses.
Agreed. Let everyone speak.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:27 AM   #288
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Not voting:
Nerwen, Pitch and Lottie. I might change my mind after reading through their posts (because that's what I have to do some time today), but they've looked innocent enough thus far.
Eomer, at least not before I know why everyone suddenly wants to get him lynched. Yes I voted for him a couple of days ago, but that was only because I figured he'd be my best bet at saving wilwa (whom I thought innocent). I will probably have to read through his posts as well.

Might vote:
skip, probably my first choice.
sally, she looks somewhat suspicious but I'm not sure if that's because she's actually a wolf this time or because I tend to look at sally through wolf-coloured glasses.

I'm going to go through skip's posts in a while and see if I can find anything else, but he's been making some comments that have sent chills down my spine. Comments that make me think "This is how the cobbler tries to address the wolves!" And Pitch brought up a good point about his voting behaviour being very similar to Greenie's.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:40 AM   #289
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
skip, probably my first choice.
sally, she looks somewhat suspicious but I'm not sure if that's because she's actually a wolf this time or because I tend to look at sally through wolf-coloured glasses.

I'm going to go through skip's posts in a while and see if I can find anything else, but he's been making some comments that have sent chills down my spine. Comments that make me think "This is how the cobbler tries to address the wolves!" And Pitch brought up a good point about his voting behaviour being very similar to Greenie's.
If you think he's the cobbler you probably shouldn't be voting for him.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:41 AM   #290
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
In a way, yes - too bad for the wolves if the cobbler finds them innocent-looking enough to vote for one of them. But if both the cobbler and the wolves are alive tomorrow, well, they win. And at this point it's about as important to get rid of the cobbler as lynching a wolf is. It's really rather suspicious of you to try to save the cobbler (by saying that lynching her doesn't matter right now)...
So you're suggesting we should ignore the cobbler because there's a chance the wolves might kill her?
Okay let's get two things straight here.

1) I'm not trying to save the cobbler or claiming that we should ignore him/her. All I'm saying is that it would be much better to lynch a wolf than to lynch a cobbler. If we get a wolf toDay and especially if the Seer gets another dream and lives to tell the tale, the village will almost certainly win. If we lynch a cobbler, the wolves still have the advantage.

2) You don't know I'm the cobbler, although you might think you do. In fact I'm not.

Quote:
Elaborate.
Might do that later, no time now.

Quote:
Ooo, nice villainous conversational style you've got there, Skip. I do hope you're a baddie, now, because it'd be such a waste if you're not!
Only one way to find out, sweetie! Seriously though, don't lynch me, I'd do you no good. And I tell you this much: I wouldn't lynch you.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:43 AM   #291
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
But I don't buy your explanation of the first. That's an incredibly strong accusation of me (an innocent) compared with another villager. At this stage of the game it's pretty hard for the village not to see you as the Seer, with a comment like that.
What? You think throwing out a tentative "maaaaaaybe Agan..." and then saying "but I actually suspect Eomer" (because that's what my comment amounted to) is suspicious? I'm afraid I don't quite follow you.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:45 AM   #292
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

Quote:
And Pitch brought up a good point about his voting behaviour being very similar to Greenie's.
Why is this incriminating? I don't get it... If anything it looks like Pitch (or you in a lesser degree) is trying to frame me...
Old 08-30-2010, 09:46 AM   #293
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
And I tell you this much: I wouldn't lynch you.
See, this is the sort of comment that makes us (or at least me, I won't speak for others) think you're the cobbler.

EDIT: xed with Skip

Last edited by Loslote; 08-30-2010 at 09:50 AM.
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:48 AM   #294
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer
Agan, I'm glad to see I'm not alone in thinking Sally's 'Green or Eomer' post was suspicious.

I would find it helpful if people could spell out why they think Skip is the cobbler; I've seen that alluded to a few times and I don't really grasp it. He's a bit, let's dig into the book of cliches, beneath my radar.

Go on, convince me.
Well, there's this:

Skip, #216.
Nerwen, #217.
Skip, #218.

EDIT:X'd since Skip at #290.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:58 AM   #295
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
If you think he's the cobbler you probably shouldn't be voting for him.
Why? As long as we get a baddie today, it doesn't really matter whether they're a wolf or the cobbler. I'd rather we killed a wolf, but as it happens I don't have any strong wolf suspects while I feel pretty positive about skip's being the cobbler.

Quote:
All I'm saying is that it would be much better to lynch a wolf than to lynch a cobbler.
Yes it would be better. But lynching the cobbler wouldn't be much worse than lynching a wolf. It looks like you only want us to concentrate on finding the wolves, not the cobbler.

Quote:
2) You don't know I'm the cobbler, although you might think you do. In fact I'm not.
Is it a language issue or did he just admit being the cobbler?

Quote:
Might do that later, no time now.
I'd rather you did it if you're planning to cast suspicion in my direction.

Quote:
Why is this incriminating? I don't get it... If anything it looks like Pitch (or you in a lesser degree) is trying to frame me...
Because it's remarkable how similarly you've voted with Greenie. It looks like you thought she's a wolf and decided to follow her in order not to lynch a wolf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
See, this is the sort of comment that makes us (or at least me, I won't speak for others) think you're the cobbler.
Seconded.

Last edited by Aganzir; 08-30-2010 at 09:58 AM. Reason: xed with Nerwen
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:02 AM   #296
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Is it a language issue or did he just admit being the cobbler?
It does look like an overly defensive cobbler. And it's true - we can't know. Even the seer can't know. But we can make an educated guess, which in my case, happens to make Skip look cobblerish.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:19 AM   #297
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
Quote:
If you think he's the cobbler you probably shouldn't be voting for him
Why? As long as we get a baddie today, it doesn't really matter whether they're a wolf or the cobbler. I'd rather we killed a wolf, but as it happens I don't have any strong wolf suspects while I feel pretty positive about skip's being the cobbler.
The cobbler is better than an innocent, yes– but unless we get a wolf toDay it'll be two wolves vs three innocents toMorrow, and possibly no more leads than we have now, if we spend the whole time cobbler-hunting. So the cobbler's a last resort only.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by skip spence
All I'm saying is that it would be much better to lynch a wolf than to lynch a cobbler.
Yes it would be better. But lynching the cobbler wouldn't be much worse than lynching a wolf. It looks like you only want us to concentrate on finding the wolves, not the cobbler.
But hang on, would the cobbler want that, at this stage?
Old 08-30-2010, 10:25 AM   #298
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
It does look like an overly defensive cobbler. And it's true - we can't know. Even the seer can't know. But we can make an educated guess, which in my case, happens to make Skip look cobblerish.
I think what Agan's asking there, though, is whether "You don't know I'm the cobbler" means "I am the cobbler (but you don't know it)".
Old 08-30-2010, 10:35 AM   #299
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Actually, we do. Not as much as a wolf, of course, but if we think somebody is the cobbler, we should go for them.
No, no we shouldn't. Repeat, NO.

Six people. Three innocents, one cobbler, two wolves.

Cobbler dies. Three innocents, two wolves. ToNight an innocent dies. Two innocents, two wolves. Game over.

Tell me how you're thinking that lynching the cobbler makes sense again?
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:36 AM   #300
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Also, I'd love to stick around and say more, but my lunch break is a bit rushed today, so I can't reply to everything I'd like to. That just really jumped out at me.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:44 AM   #301
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
But hang on, would the cobbler want that, at this stage?
If he's the cobbler and would prefer to stay alive? You're right though, it doesn't really make sense... it's just the way he keeps pushing it.

Quote:
I think what Agan's asking there, though, is whether "You don't know I'm the cobbler" means "I am the cobbler (but you don't know it)".
Yeah, that's what I meant. If you used that kind of syntax in Finnish, it would be a confession. I'm not sure about English though - and then, skip himself isn't a native speaker either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Tell me how you're thinking that lynching the cobbler makes sense again?
Like this: there are seven of us alive, not six. Cobbler dead today + innocent dead tonight = two wolves and three innocents tomorrow.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:51 AM   #302
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

*blink*

*blink*

*blink*

Okay, so I can't count. *blushes* I'd left myself out when tallying.

Still, if we can catch a wolf, we go for a wolf. A cobbler is better than an innocent, but they're still not a wolf. I don't like prolonging End Game, I like ending the game. And the only way to do that is to kill a wolf.

Blast. And now I have to go. *grumbles* I'll be back in five or six hours.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:08 PM   #303
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

I read through the thread and would like to update my earlier not voting/might vote list with the following:

Definitely not voting Nerwen. This probably means she's a wolf after all, but I'm willing to trust her for now.

I can't really put my finger on it, but it looks like there might be a connection between Pitch and Lottie. Their thoughts just seem to run along the same lines. After a quick reading, I'm not too concerned about them, but even though I'm not likely to vote for them, it's not a definite no.

I have no idea what I should do with Eomer. Before making up my mind, I'd like to hear some explanations from those who said either him or Greenie must be a wolf.

Sally doesn't look as bad as I remembered, but she doesn't look exactly innocent either.

I will go through skip's posts now.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:28 PM   #304
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

Okay, I've got lots of things happening at the same time now, so no time for this cobbler-bickering I'm afraid. Not that I'm overly interested in it either, unless it will prove necessary get the noose off my neck.

Could be on and off for about an hour, then I gotta go. Will almost certainly be back before DL though.

Any support going after Pitch?

Would like to see him make an appearance soon in any case...
Old 08-30-2010, 01:08 PM   #305
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

Okay, not voting Pitch toDay obviously (points to admin thread) and here's my heartfelt sympathies. Take good care of your family!
Old 08-30-2010, 01:58 PM   #306
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

skippler

Quote:
So a kind request: could someone please do something suspicious before I get back from work? Okay?
I already talked about this, but I think it would be quite a convenient hint from the cobbler to the wolves.

On day 1, he votes for EW who had made one post so far, saying the timing and phrasing of the post looked sinister.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EW
But remember, where there's life there's hope, and good thing we've got vittles.
There's something potentially euphemistic about that phrase. Possibly veiled wolfish banter. Only one way to find out
I know I'm not the best person to talk about day 1 voting, but I think there's a difference between voting more or less randomly and voting for somebody who has only made one IC post & trying to give actual reasons for the vote. The vote makes skip almost certainly not a wolf (it would be quite a bold move to vote for a fellow like that), but I think it looks much more sinister than EW's first post. Poor skip if he's the cobbler, it must have been horrible for him to start a bandwagon against a wolf and have to worry about the wolves attacking him after it...

His 124 is an analysis on day 1's voting, and he seems rather careful not to have too strong opinions on anybody. He semi-defends Greenie and flip-flops on Fea (questioning her lack of mentioning self-defense when she voted for EW). His conclusion is that wilwa and sally look more suspicious for defending EW. Quite understandable but I can but disagree with him - if they were wolves, would they really have tried to stop him getting lynched?

Then there's some theoretical stuff about the EW lynch, and he attempts to explain some comments of his that didn't really make sense. He's been kind of sloppy with the stuff he says, anyway, being often quite ambiguous. I still don't know what he meant when he said he doesn't trust Eomer in any way.

On day 2, he considers voting Pitch (to introduce a new candidate besides Lottie, wilwa and sally), wilwa or sally. He says I'm clearly evil but adds he isn't sure my role in this game is evil. That's a weird comment, it could be put down on flattery (he knows how I like being evil) but there's also something tentative about it, as if he was trying to drop a hint to me... Kind of acknowledging "I think you're evil but let's keep it a secret between the two of us".

He jumps on Eomer's point about Lottie being quiet, pointing out that she's really different from the previous time he played with her. I might add that last (and only) time I played with Lottie she was all over the place and really confident - and she was a sheriff who could share her opinions with her fellow sheriff. Skip played in that game. I expect a player's ordo (or alone working gifted) behaviour to be the norm, and assume Lottie isn't so certain about people's roles in every game she plays... So it seems skip is accusing her of "being normal", if you know what I mean.

Then he votes for wilwa, saying he feels bad about jumping on a bandwagon but wants to "trust his original impression". So, what was this original impression? And what the heck is this comment about?
Quote:
Good night and may a lucky star shine on us!

ps. you know who I mean by us!
On to day 3... His reaction to my vote for him is weird if he's the cobbler, arguing there's no sense in voting for the cobbler because she can be both harmful and useful to the wolves. If he's the cobbler, one would expect he actually wants to get lynched. Although hmm, arguing so doesn't really tell anything about his role because if he consented to die without a fight, it would be too obvious he was the cobbler and there are probably still some people around who think killing the cobbler is far from being a priority.

Quote:
Quote:
Indeed, it might be argued that if you're the cobbler we should certainly keep you around.
It might...
Again. What?
He adds it's much more important for the wolves not to kill the cobbler than it is for the villagers to find her. Trying to drop hints to the wolves again: "Hey it's important you guys don't kill me!"?

He suggests there were no wolves in the wilwagon because it would've been convenient for the wolves just to sit back without getting their hands dirty. Nerwen, Greenie and skip himself voted for her. By then, his pattern of voting the same way as Greenie had already come into being. Also, he and Nerwen had had the short exchange about keeping the cobbler alive (see above). It's possible he thought he had hit both the remaining wolves... Because it really seems like a stretch to say the wolves would behave in a certain way in a certain situation. Way too simple. Okay, we already know Greenie was innocent, and I feel rather good about Nerwen too, but the way skip put forth his theory really looks like he had a hidden agenda.
He analyses the votes that came after his vote for wilwa but doesn't reach any definite conclusions: everything could go either this way or that. He ends up following Greenie's example and votes for sally.

Today he opposes lynching the cobbler. Yes, of course it's better if we catch a wolf, but even the cobbler is enough, and if we have a strong hunch about the cobbler, I think we should go for it (surprise anybody?).

Quote:
2) You don't know I'm the cobbler
Is this supposed to mean "You don't know that I'm the cobbler" or "You don't know if I'm the cobbler"?
Plus what he said to Nerwen. He looks like the cobbler who thinks he's found a wolf and tries to signal to her.
Quote:
Seriously though, don't lynch me, I'd do you no good. And I tell you this much: I wouldn't lynch you.
Quote:
no time for this cobbler-bickering I'm afraid. Not that I'm overly interested in it either
If you're innocent, you should try to convince me it's a bad idea to lynch you instead of just ignoring me. Seriously.

I'm going to have a break now but will check in every now and then. I seriously consider voting for skip spence at this point, unless I get a better idea.
Old 08-30-2010, 02:17 PM   #307
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

Quote:
His conclusion is that wilwa and sally look more suspicious for defending EW. Quite understandable but I can but disagree with him - if they were wolves, would they really have tried to stop him getting lynched?
In retrospect I agree. Voting Wilwa was a proven mistake and I'm not really into lynching Sally either at this point.

Quote:
he doesn't trust Eomer in any way.
Simple as. At that point I didn't trust him at all. Without saying that I suspected him in any particular way either.

Quote:
He says I'm clearly evil but adds he isn't sure my role in this game is evil. That's a weird comment, it could be put down on flattery (he knows how I like being evil)
It was flattery alright and I'm also flattered by your long and interesting analysis. But I feel that you are baiting me (and although I'm dying to respond in like fashion) I'm not falling for it.

There are two wolves out there and I'm not one of them. Don't think Agan is one either.
Old 08-30-2010, 02:19 PM   #308
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

Okay, I'm going out for a few hours now. Will almost certainly be back. Be cool now!
Old 08-30-2010, 02:38 PM   #309
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
But I feel that you are baiting me (and although I'm dying to respond in like fashion) I'm not falling for it.
I am not. I don't expect your reply to be as lengthy as my analysis of you, but you got to face it, you look very much like the cobbler. If you're innocent, you're harming us by refusing to answer to my points against you & trying to make me look like I was making a mountain out of a molehill. Was there nothing you'd like to clarify, or did I get everything right and you're now trying to hush it down?
Old 08-30-2010, 03:34 PM   #310
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Interesting analysis, Agan. One of the best I've read in a while. Doesn't mean you're right or wrong, mind; I just enjoyed the style.

My problem, which I've been struggling with for a couple of hours, is that I suspect Loslote more, but fully expect there to be more support for lynching Sally (I'm talking about my two main suspects here).

Still, in my opinion, Loslote deserves to die. She made, to my mind, a vague gifted hint to make critics (skip & myself) back off - to back off from fairly legitimate questioning of her playing style, may I add. A style which seems to have changed since then (as the village has grown smaller and her role thus more prominent, I will concede).

She obviously survived this gifted hint.

She then made another vague gifted hint, saying that she was a thousand times more sure of my guilt than Aganzir's (that could be a paraphrase but those were basically the words). If she says that about any other villager, I'm voting for him/her, because that looks seerish to me. However, I'm in the privileged position of knowing that she is either making absurd claims about a blind guess, or actually lying.

Because of the stakes, I think she's lying. That's why she gets my vote.

But I do guess that Sally's the other wolf.

++LOSLOTE

And now bedtime.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:03 PM   #311
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

If Eomer is a wolf, why did Fea die instead of Lottie or sally? Especially Lottie has been pretty hard on him... And I imagine the wolves would like to get rid of a possible seer even if it incriminated one of them.

Votes:
(Pitch - most likely no vote)
Eomer - Lottie
Old 08-30-2010, 04:08 PM   #312
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

I think it's freaking hilarious that Eomer suspects the two people who have been going after him the most. I'm just saying.

I'm back (obviously) but the next hour or so I'll be on and off. After that, I'm here and ready to kill a wolf. Let's get at this, people. No more of this "you're the cobbler, I want to kill you" rubbish. I won't stand for it. We're killing wolves.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:27 PM   #313
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
I think it's freaking hilarious that Eomer suspects the two people who have been going after him the most. I'm just saying.
If you're innocent yourself, the only thing you know for sure is your innocence and therefore you know that everybody who suspects you is suspecting an innocent. I'm not saying Eomer is innocent, I'm saying it's perfectly understandable he suspects those who suspect him.

Quote:
No more of this "you're the cobbler, I want to kill you" rubbish. I won't stand for it. We're killing wolves.
I don't know about you but I'm killing baddies, regardless of their exact role.

Now that you're here, sally, would you care to tell me why you thought either Eomer or Greenie had to be a wolf?
Old 08-30-2010, 04:32 PM   #314
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

No, you're not. It's not the same. Killing a cobbler gets rid of someone with an evil alignment, but the cobbler isn't killing us. Killing the cobbler takes our innocent numbers down by one, regardless of their intentions. And no, I'm not saying that we should leave the cobbler alive if they're found, but our priority is to kill wolves. I can't understand why you're arguing this point.

As for Greenie and Eomer, process of elimination, to be honest, that and the way Greenie had been acting with our exchanges, etc. I'll admit, Eomer is more of an opinion based on feelings than concrete evidence, which is another reason I voted Greenie yesterDay rather than him.

Really, you should have been in that category as well, especially now with your "lynching the cobbler is just as good as lynching a wolf" theory. Skip may be the cobbler, but if so I won't be lynching him toDay. We need to get, repeat, A WOLF. Anyone who's not on board with that plan is either evil or possibly the cobbler him/herself.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:33 PM   #315
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
If you're innocent yourself, the only thing you know for sure is your innocence and therefore you know that everybody who suspects you is suspecting an innocent. I'm not saying Eomer is innocent, I'm saying it's perfectly understandable he suspects those who suspect him.
Yes, but the fact that he seems to have no other real suspects? Come on now.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:44 PM   #316
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
And no, I'm not saying that we should leave the cobbler alive if they're found, but our priority is to kill wolves. I can't understand why you're arguing this point.
Because I have found somebody who I'm pretty sure is the cobbler while I haven't found anyone whose wolfishness I feel sure enough about.

Quote:
As for Greenie and Eomer, process of elimination, to be honest, that and the way Greenie had been acting with our exchanges, etc.
That doesn't really tell me much...

Quote:
Really, you should have been in that category as well, especially now with your "lynching the cobbler is just as good as lynching a wolf" theory.
Lynching the cobbler you're fairly sure about is just as good as throwing a blind guess at somebody who might or might not be a wolf. I don't really understand why you have an issue with this - especially as I think I've said several times that you're probably my second option if I don't vote for skip. Or are you the cobbler yourself?

Quote:
We need to get, repeat, A WOLF. Anyone who's not on board with that plan is either evil or possibly the cobbler him/herself.
Or the cobbler. Tell me who's a wolf and I might vote for them, but as long as I don't have a strong suspect, skip is my first choice.

Quote:
Yes, but the fact that he seems to have no other real suspects? Come on now.
Is that so unheard of?
Old 08-30-2010, 04:58 PM   #317
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
No, you're not. It's not the same. Killing a cobbler gets rid of someone with an evil alignment, but the cobbler isn't killing us. Killing the cobbler takes our innocent numbers down by one, regardless of their intentions. And no, I'm not saying that we should leave the cobbler alive if they're found, but our priority is to kill wolves. I can't understand why you're arguing this point.
If we don't kill any baddie toDay, though, it's over, unless the wolves Night-kill the cobbler. (On the other hand, if we do kill the cobbler, we'll be in the endgame toMorrow.)
Old 08-30-2010, 05:01 PM   #318
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Incidentally, I'd like to point out to Agan that if Skip is the cobbler, I can't be a wolf, because if I was....well, dang. And I thought Shasta hated me.

*snuggles her Shastasicle*

EDIT: x'd with Nerwen
Old 08-30-2010, 05:05 PM   #319
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
If we don't kill any baddie toDay, though, it's over, unless the wolves Night-kill the cobbler. (On the other hand, if we do kill the cobbler, we'll be in the endgame toMorrow.)
And tomorrow the seer will have had another dream (assuming the wolves don't kill them). I'm not risking losing the game now - even though I don't have a strong opinion on who's a wolf, I'm rather positive lynching skip can't do us much harm.

Quote:
Incidentally, I'd like to point out to Agan that if Skip is the cobbler, I can't be a wolf, because if I was....well, dang. And I thought Shasta hated me.
I'm too lazy to think this through so I'll just ask you to explain the joke to me.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:07 PM   #320
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Fair point. But Agan's actively trying to lynch the cobbler. It's not her failsafe plan, it's her plan plan. She has NO other suspects? I don't believe it. I think she's hiding behind her "lack of real suspects" to either lynch the cobbler (assuming that's what Skip is) or to lynch an innocent under the guise of trying to prudently lynch the cobbler. Either way, bad.

Also, this....

Quote:
Lynching the cobbler you're fairly sure about is just as good as throwing a blind guess at somebody who might or might not be a wolf. I don't really understand why you have an issue with this - especially as I think I've said several times that you're probably my second option if I don't vote for skip. Or are you the cobbler yourself?
EVERYONE is a blind guess at wolfdom, in a way. And regardless of her suspecting innocent me, she clearly is saying here that she suspects me of being a wolf. If that's the case, shouldn't I be her first option, not her second, especially when her first is the cobbler?

I'm not saying that wanting to lynch the cobbler is evil, but when Agan doesn't even seem to be trying to come up with better candidates, it looks like a copout.

Oh, and are we again forgetting that Agan chose to vote me out of myself and Elf? I still think that's pretty suspicious, thanks very much.

EDIT: x'd with Agan