Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-13-2015, 08:24 PM   #16
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Eoghan

With Léof’s arms around his middle, Eoghan reached out both hands and laid them against the mare’s side. Cinderfoot switched her tail about, but Eoghan barely flinched as it hit him across the face. His mouth opened into a little ‘o’ and his eyes widened as he felt the stretch and movement of the foal inside the swollen belly. He turned his head to look up at Léof and a slow, huge smile spread across his face. He looked back at the mare and kept his hands splayed on her side.

They stood thus for over a minute until Léof set Eoghan back down. The boy stood to the side while Léof finished checking her over. Although he said nothing as he watched, the child stood with a thoughtful air about him, and it was clear a thought was growing and hatching in his mind.

At length, when Léof was almost finished with his work, Eoghan finally found voice for what he had in his mind. “Do you think the baby horse could be mine?” he asked. “Papa says I am to learn soon to ride. I need a horse.”

Ruari and Saeryn

Ruari drew back and looked at the flowers in Stefnu’s hand. She tilted her head a little to one side and narrowed her eyes in consideration. She took another step back.

“I don’t like flowers,” she announced, and turned away and climbed up onto the bench.

She had scarcely returned to her original position when Saeryn re-entered the kitchen. “Are those oats about done?” she asked Ledwyn. Then, looking around and catching Stefnu’s rather displeased, even hurt, expression, she stopped in her tracks and asked, “What is the matter?”

Last edited by Folwren; 09-13-2015 at 08:41 PM.