Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2003, 03:29 AM   #81
the real findorfin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

the real findorfin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to the real findorfin Send a message via AIM to the real findorfin
Sting

What should the group in the clearing be doing? Should it be morning because I've kinda exhausted the 'evening deep thought' ideal so Fingil is out till sunup.

Thoughts?
Old 06-04-2003, 01:44 PM   #82
Lugbúrz
Haunting Spirit

Lugbúrz has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Sometimes a story needs to jump over the boring parts. Finding yourselves in Moria would not be a bad option. Would also give a chance to make Dark Shadow's post coherent with little editing.

Dry your quills!
Old 06-05-2003, 06:42 AM   #83
the real findorfin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via ICQ to the real findorfin Send a message via AIM to the real findorfin
Sting

I've moved the story on a bit (but we're not in Moria yet!). Hope you don't mind me using Elladan a bit but I had to.

Hope you like it.
Old 06-05-2003, 10:13 PM   #84
Lugbúrz
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Good work! I'm glad that we at least have one among us who is keeping up.

On a side note, I spotted the usage 'five minutes' in your last post, it felt disturbingly modern-day. Although, I must admit that I cannot be sure if Tolkien would have used such a phrase himself. It would be interesting to keep an eye open, even two, when I read him further.
Old 06-07-2003, 01:15 PM   #85
Dark Shadow
Wight

Dark Shadow has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

[img]smilies/confused.gif[/img] I didn't realise I'd done that. I'm so sorry. I guess I wasn't thinking straight. I can sort it out in the morning. [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img] Sorry again.
Old 06-15-2003, 08:17 PM   #86
Garen LiLorian
Wight

Garen LiLorian has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Garen LiLorian
Sting

Uh, we're kinda losing it here guys... Is there any real desire to finish this game?

I'd like to see the other group get through the doors of Moria before Lug and I continue, if we're going to do this. But we've been working on this RPG for a long time and it looks like interest is waning.
This is my quest, to follow that star; no matter how hopeless, no matter how far. To fight for the right, without question or pause. To be willing to march into Hell for a Heavenly cause! -Man of La Mancha
Old 06-16-2003, 03:52 AM   #87
the real findorfin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Unfortunately, I cannot really post for the group until someone else has. I don't really wana carry all four characters unless I have to.

As soon as 'Elladan' has posted then I'll be happy to post again.

Fin

PS - Garen is right, come on guys, I wana do this thing!

[ June 16, 2003: Message edited by: the real findorfin ]
Old 06-16-2003, 06:43 AM   #88
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

Good! Real life has caught up with me for a bit, but I will advance the game later today.
Old 06-16-2003, 11:43 AM   #89
Dark Shadow
Wight

Sting

Can I delete my post without deleting Fingil's? I'd like to start the whole post again considering what a mess I made of my first attempt to re-join the RPG. Let me know, so I can get rid of it, or just edit it. Thanks.
Old 06-16-2003, 01:55 PM   #90
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

Dark Shadow, you can either delete it or edit it.
Old 06-16-2003, 10:13 PM   #91
Lugbúrz
Haunting Spirit

Shield

We're actually moving??? Seat belts, I tell you, we need seat belts!

I think I'm going to propose a new rule that could hopefully be discussed and modified. If you have not posted in an RP that you are playing in for over the period that is advised, then it becomes your responsibility to post there the next time you post in the Barrows, before posting anywhere else.

Two whacks if you disobey and do it again and we'll all lynch you.
Old 06-17-2003, 07:05 AM   #92
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Sting

*Ow! Stop!

Lug, see your PMs, please.

Edit: Your box is full. Please check your messages "elsewhere".

[ June 17, 2003: Message edited by: Mithadan ]
Old 06-19-2003, 12:24 AM   #93
Lugbúrz
Haunting Spirit

Shield

Mithadan, glad to see you back again! I agree with your PM, but would like to make the reunion interesting. We also need to lose our yrch. Garen, any ideas? Post away!

And there seem to be new rules up for this forum. Could all our fellow gamers (those that still exist in spirit and flesh) please peruse the rules and if possible obey them? I have been made aware that I might be held responsible.

Of course, if push comes to shove, I'll blame it all on Mithadan. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Old 06-26-2003, 06:14 PM   #94
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Sting

OK, we're reunited, but we may have a problem.

Aireruthiel, your PM box is filled, please clear some space.

Everyone, I will be going away for 10 days beginning July 19. Let's wrap this up before then, shall we? If we do so, we'll only be about 4 months late. Everyone who is still with us please post on the RPG thread by Tuesday, please. Assume that whatever is coming along the tunnel is not a Balrog.
Old 06-26-2003, 09:29 PM   #95
Lugbúrz
Haunting Spirit

Shield

Hmm, July 19th with the weekend of the 4th does not give a whole lot of time. I will put myself down for 3-4 reasonably long and involved posts. I will definitely post over this weekend. I've been reading a bit more about Moria, and this is a really fascinating route we're taking, right above the Mithril lodes. It is the suspected place where the Balrog was awakened.

4 months late, hmmm that is not good as a first track record.
Old 06-27-2003, 12:48 AM   #96
Garen LiLorian
Wight

Garen LiLorian has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Garen LiLorian
Sting

So... What's big and nasty and about to descend upon us? [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

I'm glad to hear we're going to be wrapping this up soon. Not that I haven't really enjoyed gaming with you all, but this has dragged on a little longer than I anticipated. Let's end this party with a bang! Take it away, game leaders, Angóre stands ready! [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
This is my quest, to follow that star; no matter how hopeless, no matter how far. To fight for the right, without question or pause. To be willing to march into Hell for a Heavenly cause! -Man of La Mancha
Old 07-01-2003, 07:19 AM   #97
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Sting

Aireruthiel and Dark Shadow, please either post here or on the RPG thread (preferably) to show that you are still with us.
Old 07-01-2003, 02:09 PM   #98
Dark Shadow
Wight

Sting

Still with you. Sorry. =/ Post in progress.
Old 07-03-2003, 03:14 PM   #99
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Sting

Surprise! I've been planning this little episode since the game began. Garen, Findorfin and Dark Shadow, you are now free agents to interact and do as you wish. Aireruthiel, if you are still with us, your character is with Elladan and Elrohir.

Elladan and Elrohir will seek out Celebrian with Torfithien. The brothers have a way to contact their mother. Everyone else must survive and seek out the others. You have no specific plot restrictions except as follows: Elladan and Elrohir must find Celebrian (the books say this); and the Balrog must not be seen (unless he kills you). Be creative, let loose and have fun! PM me with any questions. Remember, Vanimoren (Dark Shadow's character) has been to Moria before.
Old 07-04-2003, 03:50 AM   #100
the real findorfin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

So my group is about on the level of the gate??? Any ideas what we can do, cos we can't find Celebrian can we....

Fin
Old 07-07-2003, 10:06 AM   #101
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Sting

While you cannot find Celebrian, at least on your own, you and your group may look for her. You may also seek to rejoin the others. In addition, as you seek to do one or the other, you may find or run into something of interest, whether it be treasure or an armoury.

Do some plotting and see what you can come up with.
Old 07-18-2003, 02:10 PM   #102
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Sting

Wow! 4 posts in the space of three days and only one was mine. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Please keep it up.

I will be on vacation all of next week and will not have computer access. Please post in my abscence. Lugburz, you know where we are headed to from my last post. Feel free to proceed as you see fit. If by some chance you all can manage to finish this game by the time I get back I won't be disappointed -- shocked, but not disappointed. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-19-2003, 01:22 AM   #103
Airerûthiel
Wight

Airerûthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I apologise for my prolonged absence; I was on holiday at the end of May, and then there were exams at school so I had to study, and then I went on holiday again. But I'm back now, and the game is going really well. Well done everyone and good luck!
Old 08-01-2003, 12:33 AM   #104
Lugbúrz
Haunting Spirit

Shield

Well... let's not lose the momentum again here!

I've thought out an ending scene but really want you all to play into it with your own action. I've setup the location and taken advantage of what Mithadan let us in on in his previous post: a feast.

Now since we have two groups again, it will be very tricky to choreograph the action unless we plan it out. I was hoping for a surprise entry for one of the groups, sort of leading the reader with the brothers until they are in a sticky position.

In any case, keep writing!
Old 08-06-2003, 12:55 PM   #105
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Sting

I hope that I haven't bollixed up your planned ending, Lugburz.

Findorfen, Aireruthiliel, Garen and Dark Shadow, marshall your forces. Unless I'm mistaken, your group can plan to be the American-style cavalry arriving at the nick of time.

Time to wrap this RPG up! Let's get posting!
Old 08-13-2003, 08:38 AM   #106
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Sting

Findorfin, your PM box is full. Please look at the RPG thread. Your character has been "contacted" by the twins.
Old 08-18-2003, 03:42 PM   #107
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Sting

Lugburz?
Old 08-22-2003, 05:00 AM   #108
Airerûthiel
Wight

Airerûthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'm really sorry to desert you all again, but I'm going on holiday later today and I won't be back until at least late next Sunday (the 31st) and more likely Monday the 1st September. Best of luck with the game and enjoy the rest of the summer!
Old 09-12-2003, 03:24 PM   #109
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Sting

If anyone is still with us, the race to the gates is next, with any Orcs in between rapidly dispatched. Remember, we do not see the Balrog.
Old 09-18-2003, 04:35 AM   #110
the real findorfin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

There, the stories now match. (I also gave a tiny little hint at a balrog without it playing any part in the story.)

Lets get running.
Old 09-18-2003, 09:08 AM   #111
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Sting

I have moved Findorfin's post up to before my last post becuse it fit better there.

If anyone wants a say in the conclusion of this game please post now. We are near the end and I'm no longer going to wait a week for others to post.

Findorfin, my last post could lead into another from you. Feel free to do so. Orcs will soon notice something is amiss. If you want to include something about this, go ahead. But keep the Orcs behind us for now.

We're heading for the level of the gates and the Bridge. If anyone wants to drop a hint about the Balrog coming, feel free to do so, but again he cannot make an appearance in this RPG.

If there have been no posts by Monday I will continue.
Old 10-02-2003, 08:11 AM   #112
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Sting

Fingolfin, Garen and Aireruthiel, thanks for posting!

Please follow up and continue per my last RPG post so that we can wrap this game up.

Thanks!
Old 10-13-2003, 03:56 AM   #113
the real findorfin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

I've tried to think of a way to follow this storyline up but I can't seem to find one. Does anyone have any ideas?
Old 10-13-2003, 09:10 AM   #114
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Sting

Findorfin and Garen, please check your PMs.
Old 10-16-2003, 08:21 AM   #115
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Sting

Garen and Findorfin, please check your PMs!
Old 10-23-2003, 04:51 PM   #116
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Sting

One last try.

Garen and Findorfin, please check your PMs!
Old 11-06-2003, 02:54 PM   #117
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Sting

Everyone: This is your last opportunity to post in this RPG. My next post will be an epilogue. I will wait a few days before going forward.

To all who stuck around through the end, thanks and good work. I've enjoyed it.
Old 11-28-2003, 09:46 AM   #118
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Sting

Thank you all for joing this RPG. We have told a fine tale.