Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-11-2008, 02:36 PM   #1201
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
P.S. It is slightly amusing, slightly annoying, that this board only allows three smiley faces per post. I'm on another board where you can do as many as you like, and I tell you....some people go bonkers with them. It's mostly the women who do that.
You could have removed the smileys from LMP's quote...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foley
Don't I think...? What? lol! Caught even ME off guard there! I didn't know it was an option. That's hilarious. I guess it could've been a go, but I don't know what's going to happen once Randver comes, so I won't say anything at all about whether it'll be possible in the future at all...
I already gloated in Lhuna's LJ, but I'll gloat again: I did guess that...
Old 12-11-2008, 03:13 PM   #1202
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
You could have removed the smileys from LMP's quote...
What! And change it from a direct quote! I did, actually. I took his last smiley out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
I already gloated in Lhuna's LJ, but I'll gloat again: I did guess that...
Eh...stop your gloating and write a post for Cnebba and Garmund. What's an LJ? Little joke?
Old 12-11-2008, 04:35 PM   #1203
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
What's an LJ? Little joke?
Livejournal, typically. Or Laura Jones. You've no idea how confused I get when people abbreviate their blogs around me...
Old 12-11-2008, 05:53 PM   #1204
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
The second Q-staff fight is finally up.

It was interesting indeed as the randomiser gave me the outline where Erbrand first evades beautifully, then performs in a great manner only to be denied by Stigend's evasion and followed by a total beating by Stigend against Erbrand. The first thing concerning Harreld vs. Garstan came up on slot 10.!

But then the randomiser went on making Garstan champion over Harreld and there I stopped. We need to see the Erbrand vs. Thornden fight! So I deviated from the randomiser and made Erbrand & Harreld win in the end.

Without throwing a dice I now suggest that Erbrand and Harreld should meet Eodwine & Thornden in the semifinal. There is too much risk in making E & H meet Dan & Crabannan and losing - and I wouldn't like to stray from the randomiser again and I really think Erbrand and Thornden need to go for it, whatever way it turns out.

I mean if you randomise something and then decide you don't like the outcome you then make it again... and how if you don't like that either? Try the third time? Or the fourth? So what's the status of randomness anymore?

---

So Foley and Groin, give me both your thoughts on how your characters would react to hearing the news that they will be set against each other in the fight and how do you see the relative strenghts of them?

And lmp as well, if you think Eodwine or Harreld would like to block the possibility of those two fighting each other by insisting on fighting the other of them, let me hear it.

Or whatever you think yourt characters would think about the situation...
Old 12-11-2008, 06:31 PM   #1205
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Btw. Groin please do not think there is anything like moral high-ground in there. Had the situation been reversed I would have surely written the things in the same manner.

So if you unbalance your opponent and he falls backwards he can see you and what you do and thence is still dangerous and you should go for the eliminating blow - but if you manage to throw your opponent face forwards to the ground (and manage to hit him while he falls) he will be out of the game for a moment and unable to parry so there you can think of a wish to not mutilate him if it's a fight for fun and not for life and death...

As we talked in the PM's, I do hope this gives you even more possibilities to play with your character! He surely is in a pressing spot now! Not to say that he needs to meet Thornden right away! Some pressure indeed!

Also lmp and Lhuna; I hope the "go of it" serves the romance in one way or the other... whatever you decide.

And like always, if anything needs to be changed just point it to me and I'll do it.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:12 PM   #1206
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
I'm really enjoying the quarter-staff fights, Nogrod.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:12 PM   #1207
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Awesome fight description Nogrod. Thanks for having Erbrand move to the next round, although either way would have been entertaining this is just too cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
So Foley and Groin, give me both your thoughts on how your characters would react to hearing the news that they will be set against each other in the fight and how do you see the relative strenghts of them?
Erbrand will have a mixed feeling of anger at himself for losing, but he'll be glad that he will have a chance to fight Thornden. Foley, I'm coming for you!

Well Thornden has got the upper-hand, that is clear to see. However, what Erbrand doesn't have in experience he has in instinct. Having been an experienced hunter, he can be stealthy and quick witted, but he is not (as I have said before) incredibly nimble. However, Erbrand is almost as strong and Harreld (I saw that from a post, I can't remember who posted it).

Perhaps if I have time, I'll post something to show how Erbrand is feeling, but I very much doubt that I have time today. You're doing a wonderful job, Nogrod, I absolutely love your fight posts.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:32 PM   #1208
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I may regret this, but I thought I'd try WISYWIG, or whatever it's called, just to see what it makes available. If anything.

Hmm.. do I owe Saeryn a response from Eodwine? *goes to take a look*

Nope, it's just a matter of whether Saeryn wants to reply to Rowenna about her plans. Foley?
Old 12-13-2008, 05:14 PM   #1209
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Umm... WISYWIG?
Old 12-13-2008, 05:27 PM   #1210
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
WYSIWYG :

What You See Is What You Get

HERE's some info.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:20 PM   #1211
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Thanks Pio!

And nice to see you hanging around. Somehow you're just so invisible otherwise. We should probably make more of these enigmatic statements to get you more involved...

Anyway. If someone thinks the Q-staff fights are becoming a bit too violent, Wilcred will call for easier fighting anyway in the next match as he's worried as well. We'll just need to see how the two can hold themselves back.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:41 PM   #1212
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
And lmp as well, if you think Eodwine or Harreld would like to block the possibility of those two fighting each other by insisting on fighting the other of them, let me hear it.

Or whatever you think yourt characters would think about the situation...
Just reminding of this. I'm not sure I'm able to write that match between Harreld & Erbrand vs. Eodwine & Thornden tomorrow but it is coming... Meanwhile you could give me instructions to affect the fight. Otherwise I will go with my own hunches about the situation and then look at the randomizer...

And sorry Gwath and Eonwë but your characters had no chance in that last one... Well they were professional soldiers anyway up against those two and even if Crabannan made it a fight a war-veteran should do he was just outmatched... and outnumbered...
Old 12-13-2008, 10:46 PM   #1213
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'll reply for Saeryn tomorrow, very probably. Sorry I haven't done it sooner - I've been a distracted mess these past two or so days.

-- Foley
Old 12-14-2008, 07:57 AM   #1214
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
WYSIWYG is ok. It doesn't really make much of a difference. I was hoping to be able to do REAL formatting. Oh well.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:47 PM   #1215
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Thanks Pio!

And nice to see you hanging around. Somehow you're just so invisible otherwise. We should probably make more of these enigmatic statements to get you more involved...
Oh, I'm always 'hanging around' here in the RPG fora.....actually, I generally read every post to them.....

~*~ Pio
Old 12-15-2008, 11:10 AM   #1216
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Foley:

First, would Saeryn speak so freely to Rowenna, with Eodwine sitting at her left (I think), about that which has not yet been spoken of except in general terms? I speak, of course, of the expected union of S & E.

Second, if Rowenna were to stay at Scarburg (not saying she will), who would write her in my extended absence? I fear I am going to be quite picky about how Rowenna is handled, as I have drawn her more carefully and exactly than any other character I have here, and I wouldn't like her to change, even inadvertently, except for such changes as come through the rigors of time and circumstance.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:18 AM   #1217
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
Foley:

First, would Saeryn speak so freely to Rowenna, with Eodwine sitting at her left (I think), about that which has not yet been spoken of except in general terms? I speak, of course, of the expected union of S & E.
Elempi! I thought Eodwine was off fighting! No, Saeryn wouldn't talk like that with him sitting there. She's talking with Rowenna like two girl friends would talk about up coming possibilities.

Quote:
Second, if Rowenna were to stay at Scarburg (not saying she will), who would write her in my extended absence? I fear I am going to be quite picky about how Rowenna is handled, as I have drawn her more carefully and exactly than any other character I have here, and I wouldn't like her to change, even inadvertently, except for such changes as come through the rigors of time and circumstance.
Oh. Well, if that's the case, perhaps I can. I can't promise doing her justice, but I think I have an idea of her character, and that's a start. The most difficult thing I see at this point with her character is just how much has she changed this day with the different things that have happened? She's been softened, sure, but how much? She's lost her main goal (Eodwine), but does that mean she won't set another goal and try to reach it?

She doesn't have to stay - Saeryn is just hoping she does and trying to suggest a way to make it possible.

If that post is inccorect and in ways inappropriate, I can remove it. When writing it, I was really uncertain of it myself...

-- Foley
Old 12-15-2008, 12:34 PM   #1218
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I love it how Folwren takes over and saves all the abandoned, interesting characters...

And guess what people? I know I haven't written anything in ages, but I'm rather busy, and I have the feeling I'm not actually needed currently, so that's why I'm being so silent. If I have spare time and I'm not dead tired some day soon, I'll write something just to keep an appearance, so to speak.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:00 AM   #1219
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
If that post is inccorect and in ways inappropriate, I can remove it. When writing it, I was really uncertain of it myself...
Let's assume Eodwine isn't near. Just leave the post as it is. It's fine.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:03 PM   #1220
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Elempi,

I am sorry to bother you and ask for such a slight alteration but in your post, could you change this:

Quote:
"Rowenna! No, I don't mean anything like-"
To,
Quote:
"No, Rowenna, you mistake me!"
Thanks.

-- Foley
Old 12-16-2008, 08:07 PM   #1221
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

A very sensible alteration. Consider it done.

However, your little OOC comment in your last post really must go.

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 12-16-2008 at 08:11 PM.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:20 PM   #1222
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
A very sensible alteration. Consider it done.

However, your little OOC comment in your last post really must go.
lol! Consider that done, too! It was purely a joke, and now that the proper recipiant has seen it, I'll take it out. I hope it made you chuckle.

-- Foley
Old 12-17-2008, 05:55 AM   #1223
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
lol! Consider that done, too! It was purely a joke, and now that the proper recipiant has seen it, I'll take it out. I hope it made you chuckle.

-- Foley
Yes, there was a chuckle.

Perhaps, if you are willing, you can add Rowenna's happy assent to the end of your post, to watch the quarterstaff fights; with appropriate wording.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:28 AM   #1224
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Perhaps, if you are willing, you can add Rowenna's happy assent to the end of your post, to watch the quarterstaff fights; with appropriate wording.
Sure! When I have more time, I'll do that. My last final is today, so I need to study now, though.

-- Foley
Old 12-18-2008, 11:13 AM   #1225
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

K, Elempi, I edited my post, let me know if that works.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:41 PM   #1226
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I've been overpowered by reality and have not been able to give a single thought to this but happily there seems to be at least something going on! Good to see you on it lmp and Foley!

I'll try to come up with the second semifinal and the final asap.
Old 12-21-2008, 11:29 AM   #1227
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Who's this, LMP?
Old 12-21-2008, 06:24 PM   #1228
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
Who's this, LMP?
Um, I don't know.... We'll find out as events unfold. I'll say this much: he's not an Istari.
Old 12-21-2008, 06:25 PM   #1229
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Hee hee. Are you prepared to kill him?
Old 12-21-2008, 10:12 PM   #1230
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

lol! I guess Elempi was bored.

-- Foley
Old 12-22-2008, 05:45 AM   #1231
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Interesting indeed... Santa Claus?
Old 12-22-2008, 01:42 PM   #1232
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Interesting indeed... Santa Claus?
Or Oeric perhaps?
Old 12-22-2008, 04:16 PM   #1233
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard View Post
Or Oeric perhaps?
I have my suspicions...
Old 12-22-2008, 10:08 PM   #1234
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Your suspicion is incorrect, Eonwe.

Oeric is not my character to write.

Nor is Santa Claus.

Bored? Yes, I suppose that had something to do with it, but the character had been on my mind for at least a week prior to the post.

Kill him? I don't think that would be too easy...
Old 12-23-2008, 09:46 AM   #1235
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
What about "the wandereing spirit of Elempi"?
Old 12-23-2008, 10:35 AM   #1236
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Well LMP has already given us this first clue: he's a fighter. Hmm... I'm guessing that he's the long lost brother of Eodwine who he use to lockup in the wine cellar and has now come to act his revenge upon Eodwine and his subjects. Am I on the right path?
Old 12-23-2008, 09:16 PM   #1237
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard View Post
Well LMP has already given us this first clue: he's a fighter. Hmm... I'm guessing that he's the long lost brother of Eodwine who he use to lockup in the wine cellar and has now come to act his revenge upon Eodwine and his subjects. Am I on the right path?
Nope, wrong, Groin. Where did you get "fighter" from? Not saying you're wrong, not saying you're right; just curious.

You all might find out more by interacting with the character than making guesses here. Kapeesh?
Old 12-24-2008, 08:47 AM   #1238
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Nope, wrong, Groin. Where did you get "fighter" from? Not saying you're wrong, not saying you're right; just curious.
From you when you replied to Gwathagor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwath
Hee hee. Are you prepared to kill him?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMP
Oh well, I guess I'll find out who he is soon enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMP
You all might find out more by interacting with the character than making guesses here. Kapeesh?
I plan to! Unfortunately my character is tangled up with the staff fights.
Old 12-26-2008, 09:24 AM   #1239
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Hmm... Intriguing, LMP!

*Is intrigued*
Old 12-26-2008, 10:50 AM   #1240
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Has Nogrod disappeared? I am dying to see how the quarterstaff fight goes and who beats whom between Erbrand and Thornden and whether or not one or the other loses his temper....and all that fun stuff.

-- Foley