The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2013, 09:34 PM   #1
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Tol-in-Gaurhoth CIII: Big Magic in Middle Earth

For centuries, various magical entities have vied for control of the lands. Your current encampment of magicky types has recently discovered that one of you has been possessed by the spirit of Saruman and that he has turned some of you to his ways. He and his cohorts wish to use their arcane gifts to destroy the remainder of your group and then travel from place to place to use their powers for further destruction. You must stop them before they annihilate your group and move on to harm others.

~~~~~~~~

Saruman and sorcerers: Wolves. Number will be determined by size of village.

Saruman has a one-shot power which allows him to add a new member to his order. He must do this when he is the only sorcerer remaining, and doing so must not cause him to automatically win the game. This person will join him at the beginning of the following phase of game play (e.g. if he selects a person during the Night, they will join him the next Dawn, whereas if he chooses them during the Day, they will join him at Dusk).

Aura Reader: Seer. Scries a person in their sleep to see if their mind has been taken by Saruman. May choose one person each Night and learn of their identity.

Protector Wizard: Ranger. Chooses one person each Night and puts an anti-magic field on them. If that person is the sorcerers’ intended target, they are not killed. May protect self only once per game, and may not protect the same person twice in a row.

Pact Mage: Hunter. Bonds his arcane energy to that of another, so that if he is harmed by that person, they will also suffer. Makes one selection per phase; that selection remains until the end of that phase or until they make another selection, whichever is later. If the pact mage is killed, their target is killed if they are a sorcerer or if they voted for the pact mage the Day he was murdered.

Two innocent lovers. Neither knows the other’s identity, and may make one guess per phase as to the identity of their lover. The sorcerers get no kill on the Night following the lovers’ discovery of each other (or the Night of if they discover each other at Night). Both will display as ordinary unless killed post-reunion.
*Note: I will only include the lovers if there are more than 12 people in the game.

Undetermined number of (extra)ordinary arcanists.

~~~~~~~~

Deadline is negotiable, but will likely be 5:00 pm Central or later.

In the event of a tie, no one will be lynched.

Casting:
Shasta
Kath
Dun
Nerwen
Cop
McCobbler
Lottie
Green
Echo
Holbytlass
Boro
Legate
Lommy
Steve

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 08-25-2013 at 09:23 AM.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:35 AM   #2
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I'll sign up.

If one lover dies before the lovers find each other, will the other lover know, or will they just continually send in fruitless guesses for the rest of the game?
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:32 AM   #3
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
I will sign up. Summer holidays should mean time to be my usual verbose self. 5:00pm CST is what over on this side of the pond? Midnight?
Old 07-21-2013, 11:26 AM   #4
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Well, I'm back. Sign me up.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:45 AM   #5
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
If one lover dies before the lovers find each other, will the other lover know, or will they just continually send in fruitless guesses for the rest of the game?
Excellent question, love. I'll let the bereaved know of their lover's fate. It seems only fair.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:56 AM   #6
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Busy times, at work and home. But...it's been too long. I'm up for it.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:01 AM   #7
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
SIgn me up please, Sally.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:33 PM   #8
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dűm

Coppermirror is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
A game of Werewolf, hurrah! I love you Sally.

Please sign me up with a question mark. I'll need to check on some things before I can say firmly whether I'll be able to play, but I'd hate to miss this one, so I'll be playing if it's at all possible.
Coppermirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:40 PM   #9
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Hurrah! Welcome, everyone.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:45 PM   #10
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
I will sign up.

It seems only Werewolf is enough to pull me back here from the dark shifty planes of the Internet at large.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 05:08 PM   #11
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber View Post
I will sign up.

It seems only Werewolf is enough to pull me back here from the dark shifty planes of the Internet at large.
Glad to have baited you back, my good man!
Old 08-04-2013, 02:33 AM   #12
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
So it looks like this game is going to start later than I expected. I'm going to have to drop out.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:34 AM   #13
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
I'd like to join, please! It's way too long since my last time.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:59 AM   #14
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sign me up! Sign me up!
Old 08-08-2013, 06:28 PM   #15
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Excellent, Lottie and Greenie! I'm sorry it's taken so long, Steve, but hopefully another time, yes?

All right, people, let's get to twisting some arms.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:01 PM   #16
Echo
Pile O'Bones

Echo has just left Hobbiton.
sign me up! im ready to play.
Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:04 PM   #17
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
Leaf

signing up
Old 08-16-2013, 07:50 AM   #18
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
I'm going to regret this...but then I'm not because it's beeen soooo long and this plot looks fantastic.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:48 PM   #19
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
This later start actually works better for me, since I go off call today.
Looks like there's 11 now, if Coppermirror's still playing.
Old 08-16-2013, 02:25 PM   #20
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dűm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
This later start actually works better for me, since I go off call today.
Looks like there's 11 now, if Coppermirror's still playing.
No problems there! I should be able to play. If the game had started earlier this week I couldn't have done it, but from now on it should be fine.

It'd still be good if a few more people joined, though, because if there are more than 12, the lovers will be included. Join, extra people, join!
Old 08-16-2013, 03:36 PM   #21
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I really want to say I will join... but I won't, because today is (finally!) the last day of my non-stop summer work, two weeks before school starts. I don't need extra stress in between.
Old 08-16-2013, 05:40 PM   #22
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Pipe

If possible I'm in.
Old 08-17-2013, 08:42 AM   #23
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
I really want to say I will join... but I won't, because today is (finally!) the last day of my non-stop summer work, two weeks before school starts. I don't need extra stress in between.
Watch as I sit in my corner and weep bitter tears.
Old 08-17-2013, 08:44 AM   #24
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

And hurrah for everyone else!

I will be closing sign-ups on Wednesday at 5:00pm Central, so twist as many arms as you can before then.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:17 PM   #25
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
No twisting arms needed. Could you sign my humble self and Lommy into the fray, please? It's apparently been too long time of WW-abstinence
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:38 PM   #26
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
No twisting arms needed. Could you sign my humble self and Lommy into the fray, please? It's apparently been too long time of WW-abstinence
Abso-flipping-lutely, my good sir!
Old 08-20-2013, 10:57 PM   #27
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dűm

I'm ridiculously pleased that this game is going to be running fairly soon. I must have missed Werewolf very badly.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:11 PM   #28
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
You mean we're going to play soon?
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:12 PM   #29
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Dark-Eye

I may have to drop out if we start before the second... I didn't realise how fast August went by... I'm in disney from the 28 till the second.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:06 PM   #30
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Hurrah for the return of Steve! ^_^

I'll send out roles first thing in the morning. The game will begin tomorrow at 5:00pm Central with, because I can, a Day phase.

Morsul, if you have to drop out, I understand. Please let me know tonight so I can send out roles tomorrow before I scamper to work.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:28 PM   #31
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thumbs up

I'll drop out. I won't hold everyone up. Can I be the victim in the intro?
Old 08-21-2013, 09:24 PM   #32
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
I'll drop out. I won't hold everyone up. Can I be the victim in the intro?
Not a problem....
Old 08-21-2013, 11:52 PM   #33
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Roles have been sent out. If you did not receive yours, it's probably because I'm really tired and typed your name incorrectly, so just PM me and I'll send your role again.

I'll open the day when I'm leaving work tomorrow, so it'll be a few minutes late at the most.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:06 PM   #34
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
mod, on game thread would you put nicknames next to names on the cast page for those who dont know them yet (like me)

thanx, ps mine's holby
Old 08-23-2013, 12:34 PM   #35
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Holby,

hope this helps as first aid:

Shasta = Shastanis Althreduin
Kath
Dun = Inziladun
Nerwen
Cop = Coppermirror
McCobbler = McCaber
Lottie = Loslote
Green = A Little Green
Echo
Holbytlass
Boro = Boromir88
Legate = Legate of Amon Lanc
Lommy = Thinlómien
Steve = Eönwë

Some of them are pretty obvious but some must be quite indecipherable!
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:16 PM   #36
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Steve = Eönwë

Yeah, um... you can blame Fea for that one.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:43 PM   #37
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Holby,

hope this helps as first aid:

Shasta = Shastanis Althreduin
Kath
Dun = Inziladun
Nerwen
Cop = Coppermirror
McCobbler = McCaber
Lottie = Loslote
Green = A Little Green
Echo
Holbytlass
Boro = Boromir88
Legate = Legate of Amon Lanc
Lommy = Thinlómien
Steve = Eönwë

Thank you so much for this, Lommy! Sorry I couldn't get to it earlier. I've finally arrived home from work and will put up the result of toDay in a moment.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:46 AM   #38
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
So I'm sitting in a room where three people play werewolf quietly. The day before yesterday, it was four. What I'm doing? Baking sherry cranberry brownies. I have no regrets.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:24 PM   #39
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Oh my goodness I'm so sorry! I was still on Finnish time and thought I had another 2 hours before deadline. My apologies.
Old 08-31-2013, 05:53 AM   #40
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I'll be at a beach house with friends this weekend (Saturday and Sunday) and I don't know what the Internet situation will be. I assume I'll be able to check in occasionally (at least once per Day) but I can't actually make promises.