The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-19-2002, 02:18 PM   #1
muffin_goddess
Pile O'Bones

muffin_goddess has just left Hobbiton.
Ring Weepy Bits

The movie made me cry so much when Gandalf died the way they portraid the silence the echoing it just brought the loss right home to you thats just the feeling you have like your hearts been ripped out and stamped on. When Boromir was shot the way he kept fighting, I sat there in the theatre cryoing my eyes out and whispering don't give up at him every time I saw it, the way he defended Merry and Pippin till he had no strength left and "they took the little ones" I'm misting up just typing this and Sam awwwwwwwwwwww sam "Don't you loose him Samewise Gamgeen, and I don't mean to, I don't mean too" I looked like a panda by the end of the movie

feel free to eat my subjects
muffin_goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 02:23 PM   #2
Araen
Haunting Spirit

Araen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I got choked uo during all the parts you mentioned. And then "Give them some tiem" (Or was it "Give them a moment"?) I got tear filled eyes. By the time Galadriel said "He has fallen into shadow," I was fine but that set me off again. I din't cry at the theater because I can't be seen crying by my family but hen I got home I sobbed over Boromit because I had only read the first book and didn't know he died.
"Where is the horse and the rider, where is the horn that was blowing, they have passed like rain on the mountains, like wind in the meadow, the days are damned in the west? behind the hills? there are shadows... "
Araen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 03:00 PM   #3
Elessar

Sting

I cried 2 or 3 times during the movie. The worst though was, as you said when Boromir died. I mentioned this in the quotes thread, but the:<P>"My brother, my captain, my King" <P>That bit just set me off, I adore that bit. Im glad I only ever saw it on my own, I don't think i'd ever live it down if my friends saw me the way I was!!
Old 03-19-2002, 03:10 PM   #4
Araen
Haunting Spirit

Sting

When I buy the DVD I am going to lock my self in the computer room (The comp is my DVD player) and watch it and cry whenever I feel like it. My famil will still be teasing e about crying if I had.
"Where is the horse and the rider, where is the horn that was blowing, they have passed like rain on the mountains, like wind in the meadow, the days are damned in the west? behind the hills? there are shadows... "
Old 03-19-2002, 10:19 PM   #5
Kalimac
Candle of the Marshes

Kalimac has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Yes, add me to the list of people who teared up during the scene after Gandalf's fall and the scene where Merry and Pippin are carried away, screaming and having to leave Boromir to his fate. Didn't actually cry but was up rather late the night I first saw it, feeling like I was on the brink of it and reading lots of P.G. Wodehouse to try and get into a frame of mind where I could sleep.
Old 03-20-2002, 12:43 AM   #6
Joy
Spirit of a Warrior

Joy has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I didn't cry when Gandalf fell for some reason. I guess I knew what was going to happen. I did find myself crying when Borimir died though. I guess it was that redeeming sacrifice.

As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?
Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 08:04 AM   #7
Airetauriel
Animated Skeleton

Airetauriel has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

I personally didn't cry at any point, but sitting watching the film for the first time alongside my Mum, a lifelong LOTR fan, cried her eyes out when Gandalf fell, and I'm sure a little at Boromir too!!!<P>Airetauriel
Airetauriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 08:11 AM   #8
Gayalondiel
Wight

Gayalondiel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I cried quite a few times. I didn't when Gandalf fell until Boromir said <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Give them a moment for pity's sake! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Then I was in floods. Cried again when Boromir died and right at the end of the film, there was just this big emotional well inside cos i waited so long for the film and it impressed me so musch, and also cos i knew i now had to wait another 12 months!

~C.S.Lewis
Gayalondiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 12:52 AM   #9
Bramblerose Gamgee-Took
Haunting Spirit

Bramblerose Gamgee-Took has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I was all depressed at the end (but I didnt cry, well I nearly cried) when Pippin and Merry got taken away. I was wailing for weeks "NO! They stole Merry and Pippin!" even to people who had never seen the movie or read the books . And also when I thought Frodo was dying, because I hadn't read the books then.
Bramblerose Gamgee-Took is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 11:44 AM   #10
muffin_goddess
Pile O'Bones

Sting

2 of my friend downright REFUSE to go see the movie or read the books but I still go on and on and on and on about it to them.... I'll wear them down one day, yes I will

Old 03-21-2002, 04:09 PM   #11
ElanorGamgee
Shade of Carn Dûm

ElanorGamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I didn't actually cry during the movie, but I came close when the orcs carried Merry and Pippin away. The poor little guys
Old 03-21-2002, 04:16 PM   #12
Thinhyandoiel
Wight

Thinhyandoiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Thinhyandoiel
Eye

I'm not a cryer, but this movie nearly had me in tears. Ok, it did, actually, at the end when Boromir died. Because I wanted to read the books before I saw the movie (there's something redeeming in that). I had never read LOTR before, so I read FOTR, then headed off to the theatre, not knowing that Boromir dies, and I was in complete SHOCK!! For days I was all "He wasn't supposed to DIE!!"" And my friends would roll their eyes. Heheh, I actually converted a friend to the love of Elves. There are two of my friends who also refuse to see the movie. Though one of their reasons is downright stupid. Get this, she says she won't go see the movie because the whole thing is to make money and get more publicity. Does it matter that it's the greatest movie of all time? Noo, not to her. She thinks it's all money-related, but what movie isn't??
Thinhyandoiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 05:09 PM   #13
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

i always cry during boromir's death scene and especially when aragorn kisses him on the forehead and says:'be at peace, son of gondor'
Old 03-21-2002, 05:10 PM   #14
Enedhil
Wight

Enedhil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I've got a weepy all of my own:<P>cinema at home not showing it no more. it's done its run.<P>*weeps into mouse mat* <P>and I only saw 7 times! <P><BR>Oh, but i didn't cry *at* the cinema, but out of it. though that bit where they're crying when they get out of moria cuts me everytime... <p>[ March 21, 2002: Message edited by: Enedhil ]
Old 03-21-2002, 05:30 PM   #15
Ms. Took
Haunting Spirit

Ms. Took has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Ms. Took
Sting

I cried a lot. I cried when gandalf fell, and when boromir died, and when Merry and Pippin got taken away. And when Frodo was standing on the river bank, and he knew that he had to leave and he started hearing gandalfs words. *sob* I get chocked up just thinking about it.
Ms. Took is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 11:05 PM   #16
Jessica Jade
Wight

Jessica Jade has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Jessica Jade
Sting

I agree that Gandalf's "death" scene was brilliant. It could not have been done better. The music suited it perfectly-and the slow motion, the mournful yet soaring melody, and tears that the Fellowship cried, the echoing silence while the music played...it gave me a lump in my throat and i cried, of course. I also cried when Frodo is standing on the shore having a flashback of Gandalf, knowing he has to face his fear and go to Mordor alone. Also, Sam's loyalty in the face of adversity really got to me, because it was definitely one of the most touching moments in the story. Especially when he remembers Gandalf's words: "Don't you leave him Sam Gamgee..and I don't mean to." I didn't cry all that much at Boromir's death, because he kind of scared me when he attacked Frodo. <P>What moves people to tears when they watch the movie is the ability to feel connected with the characters...I mean, i knew Gandalf comes back, but i was crying because of all the pain and devastation that the Fellowship must have felt when they thought he was gone forever. The same goes for all the other sad parts of the movie..espeically Frodo, because of the sacrifice he is making...it's sooo incredibly sad!! One of the most beautiful things about LOTR is that you really come to know, care, and love the characters, and you don't want them to feel any pain...it's tragic when they do. <P>I cried while reading the books too. Espeically The Grey Havens. Just wait til the Return of the King movie. I'm positive that i will be bawling my eyes out and weeping like my heart's broken. I don't know why, but i think the ending of LOTR incredibly sad somehow. It fills me with heart-wrenching, bittersweet sadness to think of what happened...to Frodo espeically....in spite of his sacrifice, the Shire was still violated, and he will never ever be the same again, because he was "wounded, and it will never really heal." And how he had to leave Middle Earth because he just couldn't stay anymore...It's just how everything changed irrevocably, all because of the evil of the Ring. The story could not have had a better ending, yet it still moves me to tears everytime i read the last two pages. Ah, i know i went off on a tangent there...sorry. Anyway, the beauty of Tolkien's writing is that he can really move you with his words and his story. I can't wait to see how they do the next to movies. ahhh...9 more months til Two Towers! But...i AM going to go see the movie again next friday for the 3rd time (only, i know ) and i get to see the 4 minute trailer of TT! yay...i can't wait...

The musicians had indeed laid bare the youngest, most innocent of our ideas of life, the indestructible yearning for the way things aren't and can never be. ~ Philip Roth, The Human Stain
Jessica Jade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2002, 03:06 AM   #17
LadyArwen
Pile O'Bones

LadyArwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I cried. Well, not the first time I saw it. I was with my best friend who was on the point of tears as well, except a very sceptical friend of mine was there as well, and I just <I>couldn't</I> let her see me crying, or I would never have heard the end of it! But the second time friend and I were clinging to eachother when Gandalf died ... We were both blinking like mad, trying desperately not to cry and then when there was that dreadful silence after ... we just couldn't help it ... we hugged eachother and sobbed into eachother's shoulders ... ah, that's what best friends are for!<P>The scene where Boromir dies - that was heartbreaking as well - though I couldn't help thinking 'Arrrr, you scurvy mongrel, you attacked poor Frodo!' but all the same, that scene was done brilliantly ... each time he had an arrow in him, he heaved himself up and fought for the hobbits ... oh ... I'm on the point of tears just writing about it!! <P>That has to be the second best movie I have ever watch. Well, the second most moving movie. Lol, forgive the unintended pun! The only movie I have ever cried at besides the Fellowship of the Ring is Casablanca, which is very old but my favourite movie <P>Better not think about the weepy bits of FotR anymore ... I'll start weeping all over the keyboard and get myself electrocuted ...<P>*sniff* <P>I think I need ickling.<P> <BR>- LadyArwen
Old 03-22-2002, 03:15 AM   #18
Araen
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Thinhyandoie: Because I wanted to read the books before I saw the movie (there's something redeeming in that). I had never read LOTR before, so I read FOTR, then headed off to the theatre, not knowing that Boromir dies, and I was in complete SHOCK!! For days I was all "He wasn't supposed to DIE!!"" And my friends would roll their eyes. <BR>That soooooo happened to me. I had just relised he was my favoret cherecter too. I couldn't cry or I would havenever heard the end of it from my father. I only kept myself from crying by saying it was a plot change, Sean Bean had quick so they killed Boromir off. When I read the beginning of TTT it was not a good day in my house. (WHAT HE DIES?! And a whole lot of crying)
Old 03-22-2002, 03:25 AM   #19
Neferchoirwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Neferchoirwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Neferchoirwen
Sting

I didn't cry, but when Boromir was shot once, I thought that he can be saved. Then when he was shot the second time, I thought that he STILL will be saved. But when I started noticing that it was all in slow-mo, and more arrows kept coming, it hit me that he was really gonna die. What fueled my sentiments, pretty much like what everyone said, Aragorn's last words to Boromir were indeed touching. Such a man as flawed as him is so loved after all.<P>Another touching scecne in the movie was when Sam tried to follow Frodo. Sam knows that it's not part of his nature to swim, but he does anyway, and Frodo reaches out for him.<P>ay, such love for brethren. I hope I can love as they do.<P>(sorry about that. just had shakespeare to chew on in class)
Neferchoirwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2002, 10:01 AM   #20
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>our people. our people! i would follow you....my brother...my captain...my king! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>awwwwww!yep, i cried! it was so touching! also when gandalf cried, i didnt feel upset cos gandalf had died, but cos...<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> "fly you fools"..."gaaaandaaaalf!Noooooooooo!!!!!!" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>awwwwwwww!poor frodo!<BR>lol<BR>amy
Old 03-22-2002, 11:08 AM   #21
muffin_goddess
Pile O'Bones

Sting

*sniffle* I'm crying now, but then I cry at most movies and books at the sad bits, I cried atthe end of Galipoli and Schidlers List and I cried dureing the LOTR books, I could not STOP crying when ppl start aandoning Merr, I mean they'd gone so far together and formed sucyh close bonds and now Pippin was leaving and all the others tooo and they left him all alone with nothing to do and then the army tried to go off and leave him I think I cried for about half an hour

Old 03-22-2002, 02:29 PM   #22
Eärendil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eärendil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

First, I want to point out that I had read the books four times in my life before I saw the film, so I knew what was going to happenand all that, okay? And...all those times I´m going to mention, I don´t cry every time, but at least I get tears in my eyes.<BR>Well, the first time was when Arwen cries, when Frodo "dies". <BR>Then in Rivendell, when Frodo goes out and hugs Merry and Pippin (I get tears in my eyes of happiness).<BR>When Frodo "dies" in Moria..<BR>Then the whole time from when Gandalf falls to when they have just entered Lothlórien.<BR>And again when the elves sing a lament for Gandalf.<BR>When Boromir tries to defend Merry and Pippin for as long as he can and when Merry and Pippin are being carried away is very touching.<BR>Frodo standing on the shore is one of the parts where I cry the most.<BR>From when Sam tries to swim and follow Frodo to when Sam has said "I made a promise......I don´t mean to" is another one of those parts..<BR>The very end from when Frodo says "I guess....." to when they set off for Mordor also brings me to tears....<BR>Then I always cry quite much when I read the books....<P>Okay, now it probably sounds like I am very sentimental and cry for everything, but that´s not the truth.... I hardly ever cry, and am actually not very emotional at all..<BR>It´s just that...about The Lord of the Rings, everyting about it....*sighs, smiles and looks up in the sky*....
Jag ska aldrig göra dig illa. Inte igen. Åtminstone inte mycket, åtminstone inte hårt. Kommer du ihåg? Då vi fortfarande kunde skratta, le på ett äkta vis. Jag tänker på det ibland. Det smärtar. För aldrig har du väl varit. Längre bort. Från mig.
Eärendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2002, 02:57 PM   #23
Glenethor
Wight

Glenethor has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

A few times that I've gone, I've watched the audience at these moments to see if I was the only wuss in the house. Apparently, I am not. I'd say that more than 50% of the audience is choked up at Gandalf's fall, and the departure of Boromir. Last time, the couple right in front of me were bawling their eyes out, and they weren't teenagers. A couple of times, I really had to stop myself from outright bawling, and just let the tears slide down my face unobtrusively. At first, I wasn't terribly thrilled with Bean's portrayal of Boromir, but now, I can see his portrayal is very, very good. Everytime I see the arrows hit him, I flinch as if they were hitting me. Poor doomed Boromir...<P>In an interview, Bean said that he may be in TTT. Apparently, they shot a dream sequence for Faramir and he says 'I am not in very good shape.' Knowing PJ, it is likely something that will make me want to sleep with the lights on after the first time I see it. Just hope that PJ puts it in TTT...

Dr. Winston O'Boogie
Glenethor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2002, 03:01 PM   #24
muffin_goddess
Pile O'Bones

Sting

With Gandalf for me it was like tears sliding down quietly but boromir and the end bit with sam and frodo in the boat outright sobbing into hands/coat/friend whatevers available<p>[ March 22, 2002: Message edited by: muffin_goddess ]

Old 03-22-2002, 03:09 PM   #25
Glenethor
Wight

Glenethor has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<I>"I will not say: do not weep; for not all tears are an evil."</I><P>Gandalf the White

Dr. Winston O'Boogie
Glenethor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2002, 04:53 PM   #26
Eärendil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eärendil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Yeah, I kinda agree to that....sometimes. <P>(Before - I forgot to add, it´s weird reading that you don´t want to show to your family, or friends that you are crying...<BR>I didn´t give a sh't if my boyfriend or family saw me crying... )
Jag ska aldrig göra dig illa. Inte igen. Åtminstone inte mycket, åtminstone inte hårt. Kommer du ihåg? Då vi fortfarande kunde skratta, le på ett äkta vis. Jag tänker på det ibland. Det smärtar. För aldrig har du väl varit. Längre bort. Från mig.
Eärendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2002, 05:11 PM   #27
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Tolkien

Oh, dear....I AM a crier...though Boromir's death was not one of the things I cried at.<P>Gandalf falling and Frodo yelling "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"<P>"Give them a moment, for pity's sake!", and beforehand they show each one of the hobbits bawling. <P>The entire scene with Sam and Frodo at the river:<BR>"Mister Frodo, I'm coming with you!"<BR>"Sam, go back! <I>SAM</I>, you can't <I>swim</I>!! GLUB. Then Sam's sinking and the next thing you see is Frodo's arm under the water and grabbing hold of him...<BR>Then of course, as it's been said, the whole thing with Sam soaking wet and bawling at the same time.... <BR> OH DEAR. <BR> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> "Mr. Frodo, sir!" cried Sam, quaking. "Don't let him hurt me, sir! Don't let him turn me into anything unnatural! My old dad would take on so. I meant no harm, on my honour, sir! " <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Samwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2002, 03:56 PM   #28
MYyyPreciousSS
Wight

MYyyPreciousSS has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to MYyyPreciousSS
Ring

I didn't actually cry while watching the movie, but I felt like it at points. The part when Gandalf dies was done so well. I didn't feel like crying because of Gandalf but how sad it made everyone,Frodo yelling and then the silence and slow motion. It was very well done. <BR>I wasn't really sad when Bormier died but when Bormier was being shot down and how he kept going to save Merry and Pippin that got to me. Then when they were taking Merry and Pippen. Just looking at their faces it was so sad. Poor lil Pippin!<BR>Then with Sam and him following Frodo and when Frodo remembers what Gandalf said, it was so all so touching.

"My Preciousss" - the line that started the obsession.
MYyyPreciousSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2002, 07:37 AM   #29
LadyArwen
Pile O'Bones

LadyArwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I cried when I read about Boromir's death. I didn't cry when I read about Gandalf falling beacause I was so much in shock. I had to go and hide in my room for a few hours just to get over it. In the film, I cry when the Black Riders show up but that's due to hysterics because I am so scared of them.<P>I didn't cry when Gandalf fell because I knew it was going to happen, but the expression on Legolas' face, and the bit where Aragorn calls to Frodo coz he's gone off on his own, and he turns around and there are tears running down his face...omg I'm nearly in tears just remembering it. That got me going. And Aragorn's expression when Boromir dies....that had me bawling my eyes out.
Old 03-24-2002, 11:29 AM   #30
starbreeze

Silmaril

I didn't cry when I was watching the film, but now, when ever I hear certain parts of the soundtrack or read part of the script, I bawl my eyes out!
Old 03-24-2002, 04:44 PM   #31
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Okay: I cry more and more each time I SEE that movie...I cry 1st when Gandalf dies (even though he comes back...sorry: I'm assuming you all read the books), then also when they were outside all crying (the sad look on Orli's face got me right in the heart! lol), then when Borimir died...so nobly after being so bad...wow...I'm tearing up now! lol...Aiya quel (oh well).
Old 03-25-2002, 06:16 AM   #32
pippin_took0
Haunting Spirit

pippin_took0 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Yes! When Gandalf dies, the looks on all the hobbit's faces! And when Boromir says 'Give them a moment, for pity's sake', his voice is full of emotion.<BR>But I find it sadder when you see Frodo with tears going down his cheeks
pippin_took0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 06:22 AM   #33
pippin_took0
Haunting Spirit

pippin_took0 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

...And I just thought, the music makes it sadder too. When Gandalf d-i-e-s, the music becomes all sad and bleak. At the breaking of the fellowship, it sounds so lonely... so alone...
pippin_took0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 03:16 PM   #34
Jessica Jade
Wight

Jessica Jade has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Jessica Jade
Sting

The moment when Frodo cries, "Nooooooooooooooo! Gandalf!!!!!" as Gandalf falls makes me break down in tears! The tragedy of it, and the raw emotion of the whole scene totally strikes a chord of pity and overwhelming sadness in my heart I also get extremely teary when the Fellowship is crying and Legolas says "Give them a moment for pity's sake!" *sniff sniff* i'm going to cry now just htinking about it...

The musicians had indeed laid bare the youngest, most innocent of our ideas of life, the indestructible yearning for the way things aren't and can never be. ~ Philip Roth, The Human Stain
Jessica Jade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 03:50 PM   #35
starbreeze

Silmaril

Wahahaaaaaaaaaaaa! I just wanna cry! Wahahaaaaa!<P>Yep, as you can all guess I am listening to the soundtrack - The Breaking of the Fellowship.
Old 03-26-2002, 05:29 PM   #36
dragongirlG
Wight

dragongirlG has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I got teary after they got out of Caradhras and the hobbits were crying, and Aragorn called, "Frodo?" and he was walking away with a single tear down his face. It was so sad! And I got teary at the end, when Frodo is by the river, and he has the Ring in his hand and that single tear running down his face...I loved that part. It was so sad and beautiful.
dragongirlG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 03:01 PM   #37
eleniwilwarin
Animated Skeleton

eleniwilwarin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

i feal sorry for goolum because of his evil...... but i still dont like him...<BR>i cried a lot of times in the film.... especially when gandal fell into the darkness of Moria.. i also cried a lot when boromir died... and also in other scenes
Old 03-27-2002, 03:09 PM   #38
eleniwilwarin
Animated Skeleton

eleniwilwarin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

gollum i mean
Old 03-28-2002, 10:48 PM   #39
Nevfeniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nevfeniel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

I cried at the end when Sam almost drowned. Then, when I saw it again for the second time, my mom almost cried when Boromir died. When I saw it a third time, my dad didn't cry.
Consider the purr a variety of audible tranquilizer. [. . .] For a few of us, there is one more purr, a secret purr. When we combine our secret purrs, we produce the Purr of Power. And that is simply the amplified amity we feel as furred and purred beings.
Nevfeniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 11:01 PM   #40
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Sting

Nevfeniel, hullo!<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I cried at the end when Sam almost drowned. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Oh, dear... <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>"I made a promise, Mr. Frodo!...." <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Ai! Where's the kleenex!?!?
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Samwise is offline   Reply With Quote