The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2004, 04:23 AM   #401
Rindoien, elf of Lothlorien
Haunting Spirit

Rindoien, elf of Lothlorien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Rindoien, elf of Lothlorien
Sting

Sting

That is a little cheaper, I think, but you would be better getting one off Ebay [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I really want one hehe, I'm saving up.

I actually don't have much compared to all of you

- The Tolkien Illustrated Encyclopedia by David Day

- Guide to Tolkien by David Day

- The Complete Guide to Middle Earth by Robert Foster (Christopher Tolkien has said he uses this book himself!)

- The Annotated Hobbit (gorgeous without the dust cover, black harback with a gold picture of Smaug in the corner. Large and hardback)

- FOTR, TTT, ROTK, The Silm., Unfinished Tales, The Hobbit (all in same edition)

- TTT kind of movie-told-with-pictures-and-words with free stickers that I couldn't bear to take off.

- Legolas poster

- Aragorn poster

- Map of Middle Earth free with the Lord of the Rings collectors (sp?) models

- Legolas action figure

- FOTR extended edition

- TTT extended edition

And other random stuff like jpegs etc.

EDIT:
- Lord of the Rings BBC radio thing

- FOTR soundtrack

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 5:25 AM January 14, 2004: Message edited by: Rindoien, elf of Lothlorien ]
"And he sang to them, now in the Elven tongue, now in the speech of the West, until their hearts, wounded with sweet words, overflowed, and their joy was like swords, and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness."
Rindoien, elf of Lothlorien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 09:17 AM   #402
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Sting

Quote:
but you would be better getting one off Ebay
I'm not sure why you would say that, but you're right, the one you listed is a bit cheaper.
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Samwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 02:13 PM   #403
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ainaserkewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ainaserkewen
Sting

Oooo, I got some great christmas junk...

-One "Peoples of Middle-Earth"
-One "Lays of Beleriand"
-One Return of the King aragorn poster.

The "History of Middle-Earth" books are taking awhile to get through. But the poetry in the Lays is faboulas, I recommend it.
chicken again tomorrow? Why am I
always eating chicken?
Ainaserkewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 06:31 PM   #404
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

Lyta, do it this way, make sure that the fletching on your arrows is really bright so that it would be fairly impossible to lose them. It worked for me. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 06:55 PM   #405
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morai has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
Sting

Quote:
LOL! Sure, I could use a trip to S. Ca, why not...?
Hate to break it to you Samwise, but Elijah Wood now lives in New York (moved there recently and bought an apartment all his own....)
Old 01-15-2004, 12:35 AM   #406
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well today (Jan 14th) is my birthday. And happily in the way of gifts I received the LOTR Monopoly, and the three books of the trilogy in hardback!

Yes, yes, I did not yet own a decent copy of the trilogy even though I own a whole bunch of other stuff. I have been stuck with a one-book, full trilogy copy since I first saw FOTR and got interested in all this. So, yes, I am a very happy girl tonight [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-15-2004, 11:21 AM   #407
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ainaserkewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ainaserkewen
Sting

LOTR Monopoly?! That's great, I've never heard of it, only LOTR Risk, which is great fun. Tell me, what is the equivalent of Boardwalk of the board?

Quote:
Hate to break it to you Samwise, but Elijah Wood now lives in New York
You're right, I heard that when he was on the Ellen Show. He sounded so proud of himself.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 12:22 PM January 15, 2004: Message edited by: Ainaserkewen ]
chicken again tomorrow? Why am I
always eating chicken?
Ainaserkewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 03:47 PM   #408
Rilwen Gamgee

Rilwen Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Wow! Some of you have really interesting items! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Here's my list:
- Aragorn on Brego, Gandalf on Shadowfax, and Legolas and Gimli on Arod Pelennor Fields action figures
- "RotK" movie poster
- "LotR" puzzle
- "LotR" Trivial Pursuit (movies)
- Sam in Orc armor (Sting comes out of the sheath! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] )
- "LotR" wall calendar
- One Ring replica (with a light-up Mt. Doom!)
- Trading cards (the fun thing is the Boromir the Disco King's card is holographic, which adds to its Disconess! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] )
- "FotR" and "TTT" soundtracks (I'm still waiting for "RotK". It has such lovely music!)
- "The Hobbit" video game
- Frodo, Sam, and Legolas on 7UP, Sunkist, and A&W root beer soda cans
- 2 "LotR" t-shirts
and

Quote:
The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers 03/04 student planner.
I may have this... Does yours have Frodo on the cover?

Don't give up on Sting, Samwise! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 2:51 AM January 16, 2004: Message edited by: Rilwen Gamgee ]
Rilwen Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 05:10 PM   #409
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

No biggie--I still haven't been to S. CA in x amount of years and could use a trip down there. Typical Hobbit that I am, I tend to be non-adventurous.

Aw...the Little One's gone and flown the coop, left the nest, GROWN UP!!!*sniffle*
[img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I'll bet he did sound proud of himself. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Wonder why New York, of all places. Seems awfully far from his family.
[img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] (Aw, man...there I go with that motherly instinct again...!) [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] He's almost 23...

Okay, *AHEM* back on the subject. Don't know how many of you have these, but a "Dollar Store" (this one's called "Dollar or More") recently opened near where I work, and I was killing time between getting off of work and a haircut appt. So I walk in, look to the right, and what to I see on a shelf but LOTR Valentines. Heh....how could I resist. Originally I was only going to get one box, as some I intend to share, but the other is for...the future, posterity, whatever....Naturally, THE COLLECTION! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I haven't opened either box yet (they're both the same designs) but from the look of it they're the perforated elementary-school kind, which is fine, 'cause the pictures are nice, and they're all foil. The verses are cheesy, but at the same time cute.
  • Pic: Frodo, with that darned haunted look on his face: Verse: Our Freindship Rings True
  • Pic: Gandalf the White: Verse: Hope your Valentine's day is full of surprises!
  • Pic: Lego: Verse: Hope your Valentine's Day is right on target!
  • Pic: Sam( [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]), with that o-so-thoughtful "He's got more in that head of his than he lets on about" look on his face; Verse: One friendship to rule them all.
  • Pic: Eowyn, Verse: Hope your Valentine's Day is Stunning!
  • Pic: "The Three Hunters" and Gandalf on horseback. Verse: Hope your Valentine's Day is full of adventure!
  • Pic: Aragorn, Verse:There are Great things ahead for you, Valentine!
  • Pic: Treebeard, Verse: I'll be there for you on Valentine's Day!
  • Pic: Gimli looking like he's grumbling about the stiff necks of Elves, Verse: Have a grand Valentine's day!
    And last but not least, the possibly farmiliar pic of Merry and Pippin, Pip with the "Fool of a Took" grin on his face and his arm over Merry's shoulder, and Merry trying to look distinguished...Verse: I'll stay by your side on Valentine's Day! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
[EDIT]

Quote:
- Sam in Orc armor (Sting comes out of the sheath! )
Isn't that cool!? I believe that all of the swords do...at least the Sting on my "Sam and Frodo in the Elven Boat" does, as well as Sam's barrowblade, and the one on him in the "Sam in Moria" action station I have... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Not to mention on the latter his saucepan comes out of his hand, just in case he wants to take a break from whacking Orcs and cook! Those action figures are sooo cool!

No, Miss Rilwen, I will most certainly not give up on my Sting. As a matter of fact, I'm zeroing in on one at one of the many websites you folks have given and intend to use part of tomorrow's paycheck for it....
Okay, this post has been way too long. I'll hush, now.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 6:20 PM January 15, 2004: Message edited by: Samwise ]
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Old 01-15-2004, 06:10 PM   #410
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
Silmaril

Quote:
I may have this... Does yours have Frodo on the cover?
Yep, that's the one. It has come in handy for writing down homework assignments and stuff. This week's picture is of Merry and Pippin riding Treebeard.
Quote:
Aw...the Little One's gone and flown the coop, left the nest, GROWN UP!!!*sniffle*
I'll bet he did sound proud of himself. Wonder why New York, of all places. Seems awfully far from his family.
I know! Elijah's also very far from me. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] The opposite coast of the U.S. I think I'm feeling seperation anixiety....

Anyway, one more note, I now have one of those ROTK bookmarks, the one with poor Frodo on one side, with Gandalf on the other. SCORE! And the other day I came across the one with Aragorn/Arwen, but I'll send that to my friend in Missouri.
Old 01-15-2004, 07:00 PM   #411
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Sting

Quote:
Tell me, what is the equivalent of Boardwalk of the board?
Mt. Doom [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
That was the one thing that actually surprised me, the most valuable properties are actually the most evil of places. The second most valuable is Bara-dur, also known as Park Place in the normal version. I personally thought that Lorien would be more valuable. But maybe is is just more valuable in my eyes.

Quote:
Wonder why New York, of all places.
Hey, I would move to New York if I could, it is such a great place. I have been to both LA and NYC, and NYC is much, much better in my opinion. Manhattan (where he is living) is a wonderful place, it has more of a small town feel than many small towns that I have visited. And don't worry, he's not living alone, he said on Leno that his sister is with him [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Old 01-16-2004, 02:05 AM   #412
Rilwen Gamgee

Rilwen Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Ah! I have a new addition as of 7 hours ago. NOW I own:

- The "RotK" soundtrack! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

How could I have left out my bookmarks?:

- Sam (2 of them actually, one with Théoden on the back and another with Gollum)
- Frodo with Gandalf on the back
and
- Legolas with Gimli

Quote:
This week's picture is of Merry and Pippin riding Treebeard.
[Runs off and checks] So it is! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] 'Have fun writing down school assignments with all of your favorite characters!'

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 7:50 PM January 18, 2004: Message edited by: Rilwen Gamgee ]
Rilwen Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 05:43 PM   #413
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ring

Quote:
[Runs off and checks] So it is! 'Have fun writing down school assignments with all of your favorite characters!'
Don't worry, I will!

Quote:
So I walk in, look to the right, and what to I see on a shelf but LOTR Valentines.
How funny! Today my mom bought my the same thing. Even though I'll keep some of 'em, (i.e. Frodo, Gollum etc) I'm going to give the rest to my friends.

By the way, did anyone else notice that this thread has been active for over a year?
Old 01-16-2004, 09:52 PM   #414
Alatáriël Lossëhelin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: Road to Rivendell: 2491 miles from Hobbiton, with Frodo and Sam, homeward bound
Alatáriël Lossëhelin has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
Hate to break it to you Samwise, but Elijah Wood now lives in New York (moved there recently and bought an apartment all his own....)

I'll bet he did sound proud of himself. Wonder why New York, of all places. Seems awfully far from his family.
He actually shares an apartment with his sister. Oh, well, New York isn't any farther from Texas than Los Angeles is. Now if he'd just move to Austin... **sigh**

Quote:
what to I see on a shelf but LOTR Valentines.
Oooh, I'll have to go check out my local Dollar Store.

Samwise: Didn't see your question on Sting till today, but I think I answered on the other site.

Small Update:

LotR Monopoly
Frodo (3 inch)
Sam (3 inch)
Legolas (3 inch)
Sauron, Isildur & Elendil set (3 inch)
Pippin in Gondorian armor (6 inch)
King Elessar with Andúril and Crown (6 inch)
Old 01-16-2004, 11:16 PM   #415
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Well, hullo, Miss Lynn. Glad you found the 'Sting' topic in one of the places. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Yes, the little one's "all grown up". For his sake, I wish he'd picked somewhere else to move, too. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I think of him every time I see the news about the horrible weather in the east. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Quote:
By the way, did anyone else notice that this thread has been active for over a year?
Amazing...a topic I started??? [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] I hadn't noticed, actually. Go figure...

Well, I got paid today, and made a deposit in my checking account. I haven't made the official Sting purchase, yet, but will very soon. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

This evening I was given another...well, I don't know If I want to really call it part of the collection, 'cause it's a little sad...an article featuring Sean Astin, but in the first paragraph it says how sick he is of hearing about LOTR. I can understand, but it still strikes me as sad. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 01-17-2004, 07:44 PM   #416
Luthien_ Tinuviel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Luthien_ Tinuviel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Luthien_ Tinuviel Send a message via MSN to Luthien_ Tinuviel
Sting

Quote:
in the first paragraph it says how sick he is of hearing about LOTR. I can understand, but it still strikes me as sad.
What?!? That's just criminal! I should sue him for ruining my nice happy "Sean is Sam forever" thoughts, and all that. Personal damage, perhaps? I don't think it would work, though. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I can't believe I've never posted on this thread before. And I have quite a collection, let me tell you. So large that I'll not burden you with relating it all in one post. I'll just list my newly-acquired Christmas/birthday stuff (my birthday is January 9th, so I get it all at once, and then wait for a year):
[*]The ROTK Soundtrack[*]"The Maps of J.R.R. Tolkien's Middle-earth"-very cool![*]The ROTK 2004 wall calendar

Wait, is that all? I find that hard ot believe! Surely there's somehting I'm forgetting! Ah, well. I'm still hoping for the ROTK Daily Calendar (if there is such a thing, I've spend two years with LOTR once-a-day calendars, and I don't think I can live without one now). I also found a comic store that had LOTR posters, but no ROTK. Hopefully they'll get some in soon, though. They know I want one of Sam, so I just might have a chance..... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

You know what? I love Mip.
Luthien_ Tinuviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 08:24 PM   #417
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Sting

Arrived today: "Memories of Middle-Earth" by Brobdingnagian Bards. Once I've listened to it (and absorbed it) I'll be posting a review in the Middle-Earth Mirth forum under Middle-Earth Music Reviews.

By my own rule I can't post a review on Loreena McKennit because her lyrics and music isn't explicitly Middle-Earth related. "Loreenaladriel sings mannish songs from the Seventh Age." [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Hey, I suppose I could post a review on the Enya tracks with Middle-Earth names... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Last week a copy of "The Monsters and the Critics, and other essays" arrived in the mail... Good thing I'm riding the bus to work most days, I get more reading done that way.
Old 01-17-2004, 08:42 PM   #418
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Well, welcome to the thread! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Quote:
What?!? That's just criminal! I should sue him for ruining my nice happy "Sean is Sam forever" thoughts, and all that. Personal damage, perhaps? I don't think it would work, though.
I know what you mean. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] He'll still always be Sam to me (well, in my case, a hybrid Sam Gamgee/Mikey Walsh)...I tell myself it's from an ACTOR's point of view, which I try to understand....but still sad. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 01-17-2004, 08:45 PM   #419
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Quote:
"Loreenaladriel sings mannish songs from the Seventh Age."
Eh...what?
Old 01-18-2004, 06:48 PM   #420
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Quote:
After we got home, my mom ordered a LOTR daily boxed calendar. (Her first ever purchase online.)
PHOOEY! The darn calendar is out of stock online too. I guess I'll just have to wait till 2005....
Old 01-19-2004, 07:19 PM   #421
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Thumbs up

Quote:
Well, I got paid today, and made a deposit in my checking account. I haven't made the official Sting purchase, yet, but will very soon.
The order form HAS been printed out.... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Tomorrow I will completely ignore the voice in my head that says, "You know, that's an awful lot of money to spend on a collectible"
and write a check!!! eeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
*ahem*
Old 01-19-2004, 09:14 PM   #422
Luthien_ Tinuviel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via AIM to Luthien_ Tinuviel Send a message via MSN to Luthien_ Tinuviel
Sting

Ah, so I finally remembered my other Tolkien related holiday gifts. How could I have forgotten?

-The Humphrey Carpenter Biography of Tolkien (very cool!) [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
-A blank book with red covers which I call "My Red Book of Westmarch"- to be filled with essays, rants, and so forth on Tolkien and LOTR when the fit takes me, or when I wax philosophical and can't get online.

Then, of course, there's my collection of newspaper clippings which needs me to add the latest ROTK advert to it....

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 10:16 PM January 19, 2004: Message edited by: Luthien_ Tinuviel ]

Old 01-20-2004, 09:52 PM   #423
Alatáriël Lossëhelin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: Road to Rivendell: 2491 miles from Hobbiton, with Frodo and Sam, homeward bound
Silmaril

Quote:
The order form HAS been printed out....
Tomorrow I will completely ignore the voice in my head that says, "You know, that's an awful lot of money to spend on a collectible"
and write a check!!! eeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
*ahem*

Samwise: WWWEEEEELLLLLL??? Did you order it?
Old 01-21-2004, 04:09 PM   #424
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

The envelope with my order form and check are on the mailbox at this very moment! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!
*AHEM* I have the feeling when it get's here, my parents will mostly give me odd looks, and my father might say something....but...I'll cross that bridge when I come to it, I guess. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-21-2004, 09:31 PM   #425
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Sting

Samwise I am so happy for you! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

You will absolutely love it. It is such a great sword, and is well worth the money [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Where do you think you will put it in your house?
Old 01-21-2004, 09:37 PM   #426
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Sting

A picture of you holding the sword would sure be a good idea. (hint hint!) Hobbit costume? Hint! Hint!
Old 01-21-2004, 11:34 PM   #427
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Quote:
Samwise I am so happy for you!
You will absolutely love it. It is such a great sword, and is well worth the money
Where do you think you will put it in your house?
Thank you much, Gorwingel. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Well, my plan is to put it--the display plaque, that is, on the wall behind the table where I have the rest of my LOTR collection. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] (man, I hope there's a stud in that part of the wall... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] )
If not there, I'll have to see.

Quote:
A picture of you holding the sword would sure be a good idea. (hint hint!) Hobbit costume? Hint! Hint!
Hint taken, Miss Helen. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I will do my best. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 12:38 AM January 22, 2004: Message edited by: Samwise ]
Old 01-22-2004, 05:15 PM   #428
Alatáriël Lossëhelin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Quote:
The envelope with my order form and check are on the mailbox at this very moment! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!
*AHEM* I have the feeling when it get's here, my parents will mostly give me odd looks, and my father might say something....but...I'll cross that bridge when I come to it, I guess.
Quote:
Samwise: Congratulations!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] **dancing with excitement** You will absolutely love it!! You might be surprised...your dad may actually like it!! And if he doesn't, oh well. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] I'm with Helen--I think you should post a picture in costume with it (both here & the Row).
Old 01-22-2004, 05:23 PM   #429
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Well, I told my mom today that I had ordered it. She didn't freak as bad as I thought...she didn't really "freak" it was more, "What do you want a sword for?" I think I got her to understand. As for my Dad...? He'll find out when it gets here, I guess.
And yes, Miss Lynn, I will post a pic on the Row...but I was of the impression you couldn't post certain pics here...or something like that? Wouldn't mind exchanging the pic in the "Barrowdowns Directory", so to speak, but I wouldn't know how to go about doing that. [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 6:27 PM January 22, 2004: Message edited by: Samwise ]
Old 01-22-2004, 09:59 PM   #430
Luthien_ Tinuviel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Congratulations an' all that, even though I'm not the first! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I wish I had a sword. Sting would be very cool. I have a friend who has a Narsil replica, but considering he lives in Europe, I've never even gotten to see that first hand.... I really must hold a real sword one of these days. Perhaps I'll buy myself a sword, if I ever save up enough....

Old 01-26-2004, 04:06 PM   #431
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Thank you much, Miss Luthien. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

EEEEEEEEEEEE! Today in my email I got this:

Quote:
Subj: Confirmation of Check Received and Order
Date: 1/26/2004 10:18:05 AM Pacific Standard Time
Sent from the Internet (Details)

Greetings and Mae Govannon!

Thank you so much for ordering from The Mithril Armoury!

This email confirms your order and check sent for payment:

1 Sting UC1264 @ $116.00
S/H $15.95
Total of $131.95

Sting is in stock now; we will wait 10 days for your check to clear and then
ship immediately thereafter.

Thank you!

Not All Who Wander are Lost
Ginger Wages
The Mithril Armoury
LOTR Officially Licensed Arms, Armour, and Costumes www.mithrilarmoury.com
9 AM - 6 PM (EST) Monday - Friday
1 800 322 8215 pin 12
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
*ahem*
We now return you to your regularly scheduled Barrowdowns programming. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
&lt;-----Soon to be mine! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 5:11 PM January 26, 2004: Message edited by: Samwise ]
Old 01-26-2004, 06:20 PM   #432
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Sting

Congratulations Samwise! Sting isn't exactly on my list of weapons to buy, but I do congratulate you all the same! I'm searching for a relatively affordable replica of either Legolas's bow and arrows or Aragorn's. I desperately want one of the two, considering that I'm an archer, they'd have more sentimental value. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Old 01-26-2004, 09:07 PM   #433
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Raefindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Raefindel
Sting

Oh! Samwise! I'm so happy for you ! You'll have to put it on the wall above your computer.

I have made no LOTR purchases lately, well, unless you count some rather "Lothlorien-ish" wallpaper.
http://www.cheswall.com/simply/html/leaf104.htm
Old 01-26-2004, 09:22 PM   #434
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

LOL--glad you found the post, Miss Rae, but there are shelves an a bulliten board on the wall by my computer now--no room for Sting! Plus, even after it gets here I'll have to wait to put it up, as my father wants to change some shelves around so that I will have more room for my BEAR collection! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-26-2004, 09:48 PM   #435
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Sting

Finwe, ooo, you shoot? Both Legolas' bows are recurves but I bought a "Mirkwood Longbow"... all that means is it's black-and-silver... but I really like it. Thirty pound draw weight (I'm a wuss) and it's beautifully light, and I don't need a contraption to string it. Six feet tall! (I'm five-nine...)

Must get out and start shooting again soon...

Samwise, you BOLD AND LUCKY GIRL! Okay, so luck has nothing to do with it. You're just BOLD.

I'm only a LITTLE jealous.
Old 01-26-2004, 09:58 PM   #436
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Thank you, Miss Helen. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] A bow...*sigh* I don't shoot, but that still sounds very cool. I do it vicariously through RPG/story characters. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-26-2004, 10:27 PM   #437
Lathriel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Wandering through Middle-Earth (Sadly in Alberta and not ME)
Lathriel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

My mom would never let me buy a sword.
Anyway I have gathered some LOTR stuff.
I have the TTT poster with Aragorn, Arwen and, Eowyn.
I also cut out the ROTK poster from a magazine.
I got the calendar
I have the three soundtracks
The illustrated version of LOTR and The hobbit.
I wish i had my mom's version of the Silmarillion because it is the first edition.
And I have two magazines with LOTR stuff.
Does a computer full of LOTR pictures count too?
Old 01-27-2004, 03:45 AM   #438
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

I have finally completed my collection of little LotR figurines from Kindereggs! After getting more duplicates of the troll than anything else, I decided to trade and buy the last ones from a trader's stand at a flea market. I now have the complete series, all three years (one for each movie), including the special packages, as listed below:

FotR
TTT
Treebeard and light-up Saruman package
RotK
Gandalf and/on Shadowfax package

The figurines are 2 to 3 inches high, wonderfully detailed and beautifully painted. They occupy a shelf next to my computer, right above the shelf with well over 30 Tolkien and -related books!

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 4:47 AM January 27, 2004: Message edited by: Estelyn Telcontar ]
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 10:13 AM   #439
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Raefindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Raefindel
Sting

Those are really cool, Estelyn! I like the old Bilbo and the Eowyns.
Old 01-27-2004, 11:27 AM   #440
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Sting

mark, that's just perfect for me! Right now, I shoot with a 28-inch recurve, whose draw weight is about 30 lbs., and I can easily shoot three arrows without resting in between (and I'm only 5'2")!. That longbow sounds absolutely gorgeous! If you don't mind me asking, about how much was it? I want to buy either a longbow or a recurve (I'm leaning towards recurve because I'm more used to that type of bow). It would be so incredibly cool if I managed to get into a couple of barebow competitions using one of the Legolas bows!