The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-26-2002, 06:57 PM   #1
Arwen Melian
Wight

Location: Sometimes Imladris....sometimes Mirkwood...other times ....Lothlorien
Arwen Melian has just left Hobbiton.
Sting mOVIW MAKES FUN OF lotR

The movie, Scary movie 3 is supposed to be a spoof on harry potter and LOTR. So is the main character going to have pointy ears, round glasses and a bow and arrow with a broom stick? HAHAH
Arwen Melian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 09:25 PM   #2
Manwe Sulimo
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manwe Sulimo has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Manwe Sulimo
Eye

AHHHHHHH! The b*st*rds!!!!! I MUST KILL SCARY MOVIE 3!!!!!!! DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

I AM A WIELDER OF THE SECRET FLAME OF KILL-STUPID MOVIES! GO BACK TO THE CLOSET PREPARED FOR YOU AND YOUR PRODUCER!! YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!!!

Sorry 'bout the outburst but....how is a parody of "horror films" going to emulate LotR or HP in any way? They aren't supposed to be mildly scary (unless you get nightmares about iritated eye and the Grim Reaper). Although, with the idiotic stuff they do, they'll have an underage wizard trying to destroy a ring that will destroy all the Dunkin Donuts of Stupidville or something.

Sorry, I hate parodies that are in bad taste.
Old 11-27-2002, 05:55 AM   #3
Lady_Báin
Wight

Lady_Báin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

yes... well.... that's um....... Disgusting!

and though parodies may be in bad taste you outburst certainly wasn't, well done. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ November 27, 2002: Message edited by: Lady_Báin ]
Old 11-27-2002, 07:50 AM   #4
Evisse the Blue
Brightness of a Blade

Evisse the Blue has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Yahoo to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Skype™ to Evisse the Blue
Sting

Yep - 'Lord of the Brooms' : I can't wait 2 see it; it's gonna be a real killer. I loved Scary movie 1&2 as well.
Parodies are really cool if they're well done - and the sillier they are, the better! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2002, 11:04 AM   #5
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

They should not call it "Scary Movie 3". I mean, they did not call that awful excuse for a parody, "Not Another Teen Movie", "Scary Movie". They should call it..."Lord of the Brooms" works. How about "Frodo Potter" or "Mellon Reparus" or something equally as ludicrous if they insist on doing the parody.

If they do the parody well, then I want to see it. But, if it is like all the other Scary Movies, then it and all associated with it can just be captured and taken to Thangorodrim for all I care.
Old 11-30-2002, 08:20 PM   #6
Arwen Melian
Wight

Location: Sometimes Imladris....sometimes Mirkwood...other times ....Lothlorien
Arwen Melian has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I liked your play on Gandalf's line, Manwe lol!Yea...I hate parodys too, (well, i want to check out bored of the rings though)but I might see this movie to be the only one in the theatre to boo at the screen! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] It should be called an awful exuse for a parody,
VanimaEdhel....
Arwen Melian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2002, 08:31 PM   #7
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
The Eye

[img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Think happy thoughts, Diamond, think happy thoughts...gah! 1, 2, 3, 3, 2, 1, breathe in, breathe out...any calming techniques that I've forgotten?

All right then. Parodying is all fine and well here in Middle-earth Mayhem, where it is done out of enjoyment of the book and movie, but Mad Magazine style parodying of LotR just makes me...mad...*insane laughter*. I mean, I know that anything having to do with the Scary Movie crowd with be in bad taste. Gah!

What Manwe Sulimo said, and how.
Old 12-01-2002, 05:23 PM   #8
Dorathain_Flamesword
Animated Skeleton

Location: U.S. Though Middle-Earth, Ireland or New Zealand would suit me. I am 50% Irish.
Dorathain_Flamesword has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

It is an insult to LotR (Tolkien also) fans and even Tolkien and LotR themselves. I am forming an assassination attempt on the producer of Scary Movie 3, who will join me? (Just kidding on the assassination.)
Even as they spoke there came a blare of trumpets. Then there was a crash and a flash of flame and smoke. The waters of the Deeping-stream poured out hissing and foaming: they were choked no longer, a gaping hole was blasted in the wall. A host of dark shapes poured in. "Devilry of Saruman!" cried Aragorn. -Helm's Deep.
Dorathain_Flamesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 05:47 PM   #9
mordor136
Wight

mordor136 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Ahh thats just WRONG! I mean come on what is the plot gonna be?(hey that might make a cool discussion) I can see it now Aragorn trying to stab a Nazgul with a wand. Sounds cool NOT.