The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2012, 09:04 AM   #1
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Werewolf XCVII: Werewolves in the Westfold Game Thread

Welcome to Tol-in-Gaurhoth XCVII: Werewolves in the Westfold.

As the Council of Elrond debates what to do with the Ring, Saruman begins his attack on Rohan. His first target is the town of Isenbridge, a strategic point necessary to the conquest of the Westfold.

The wizard cannot risk open war this early in the game, so in order to seize the town, he has sent three werewolves to destroy it from within.

Unknown to Saruman, though, he's not the only wizard with an interest in this town...

Roles

Wolves (3): Kill one villager during the Night. May PM at Night.

Radagast the Brown (Seer): Talks to the animals every Night; they tell him/her the role of one villager.

Votes: Votes are not retractable. To be considered valid, each vote must be bolded and preceded by two plus signs, like this:
++My Invisible Friend Bob. In the event of a tie, the lynchee will be chosen at random from among the top vote-getters.

Other Rules: Anybody who does not post for an entire day or does not vote for two days in a row will be modfired unless they provide a good reason on the Admin Thread.

The deadline is 2 pm GMT, or 9 am EST. The Moderator's own stupidity resulted in this thread going up two hours late.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is now Night 1. Wolves may PM, and I'll need a name from Radagast.

The Living
Coppermirror: Toymaker
Eomer of the Rohirrim: Tavern lackey
Galadriel55: Half-deaf tapestry weaver
Inziladun: Baker
Kitanna: Cranky hermit
Meneltarmacil: Fisherman
Nerwen: Horse trader of doubtful integrity
Nessa Telrunya: Midwife
Pitchwife: Grumpy old man
satansaloser2005: Wandering minstrel
Shastanis Althreduin: Wandering minstrel
Old 08-10-2012, 07:14 AM   #2
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
A new day dawned over the town of Isenbridge. The sun shone over the green plains and the river sparkled under its gaze. The sounds of the birds and the river, however, were drowned out by those of Kitanna and Pitchwife having their usual argument about some trivial issue.

Coppermirror was attempting to trade some of his toys to Nerwen for a good, strong horse, but was getting frustrated over the horse trader's refusal to let him examine the animals closely.

A pleasant smell wafted out from the tavern along with the sound of cheerful music. Inziladun's pastries had been selling well that day, though Eomer wished Sally and Shasta would take their music elsewhere before the repetition drove him insane.

Then it happened.

A scream came from the riverside. Everyone rushed down to see what was the matter, except for Galadriel55 who continued weaving her tapestry as if nothing had happened.

The villagers arrived at Meneltarmacil's boathouse to find Nessa Telrunya looking over a horrifying sight. The fisherman's body lay on the docks, gutted open just like the trout he had caught. Three sets of bloody paw prints surrounded the corpse. It was clear that this was the work of werewolves.

Someone in the village was responsible, and accusations began to fly. At the same time, a gallows began to take shape in the town square.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Living
Coppermirror: Toymaker
Eomer of the Rohirrim: Tavern lackey
Galadriel55: Half-deaf tapestry weaver
Inziladun: Baker
Kitanna: Cranky hermit
Nerwen: Horse trader of doubtful integrity
Nessa Telrunya: Midwife
Pitchwife: Grumpy old man
satansaloser2005: Wandering minstrel
Shastanis Althreduin: Wandering minstrel

The Dead
Meneltarmacil (Moderator): Gutted by wolves on Night 1

It is now Day 1. Wolves may no longer PM; everybody may now speak openly.

Last edited by Meneltarmacil; 08-10-2012 at 10:59 AM.
Meneltarmacil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:16 AM   #3
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Gutted and in the prime of his life. How sad.

Edit: Oh hooray, finally, I hit the thread first! Thanks half day at work
Old 08-10-2012, 07:50 AM   #4
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dűm

Coppermirror is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
How saddening to hear of Meneltarmacil's fate. Did he perish in the NIGHT? I will carve a fine toy Meara in his honour, and lay it on his grave. For free, even.

Last NIGHT I slept in my workshop after a hard day's work, and heard nothing. To think that there are three werewolves on the loose is a great worry. If the village falls, there will be no children to sell my wares to; and indeed, I will no longer be alive to sell them.

If I'm correct, we have only two DAYS in which to catch at least one werewolf, or else perish. I have never heard such a fearsome tale. We cannot afford mistakes, and we cannot and must not rely on our Seer. Each and every one of us must be alert - except for our furry opponents, whom I suggest should laze around all NIGHT or better yet leave the village.

I do not leave my workshop often, but there are villains amongst us, and they must be found. Why don't we ask that pair of ne'er do well wandering minstrels, satansaloser2005 and Shastanis Althreduin, where they were last NIGHT? Also, Nerwen is looking very suspicious, regardless of whether she's wolfish. Why can't I look more closely at the horses, hmm?

Last edited by Coppermirror; 08-10-2012 at 08:06 AM. Reason: spelling
Coppermirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:01 AM   #5
Nessa Telrunya
Shade of Carn Dűm

Nessa Telrunya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Nessa Telrunya
A terrifying occurence indeed.

I had arrived at the boathouse to deliver a poultice for Meneltarmacil, as he had commented on a scratch he'd recieved from a rusty nail - making it quite difficult to operate a boat. But lo and behold! a horrific sight! Even to a healer the image was heavy to bear.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:16 AM   #6
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppermirror View Post
If I'm correct, we have only two DAYS in which to catch at least one werewolf, or else perish. I have never heard such a fearsome tale. We cannot afford mistakes, and we cannot and must not rely on our Seer. Each and every one of us must be alert - except for our furry opponents, whom I suggest should laze around all NIGHT or better yet leave the village.
Looking at this village's make-up, we've some pretty crafty folk. No one will be lazing about, not even these furry intruders.

Unfortunately I can't stay for early Day 1 banter. I do have work and then mandatory work "fun" after hours. I imagine I'll be back in ten hours at the latest. Don't have too much fun without me.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:18 AM   #7
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
How saddening to hear of Meneltarmacil's fate. Did he perish in the NIGHT?
It seems clear that the devilry did indeed occur in the Night. Most disconcerting.

Quote:
Last NIGHT I slept in my workshop after a hard day's work, and heard nothing. To think that there are three werewolves on the loose is a great worry.
Hmm. That wouldn't be a preemptive defense, would it?

x/d with Kitanna
Old 08-10-2012, 08:27 AM   #8
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dűm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Hmm. That wouldn't be a preemptive defense, would it?
No, although I see why you might think so. I'm more curious about whether anyone else heard anything during the NIGHT.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:49 AM   #9
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dűm

Forgive the double post, but now I've got to go too. (Time-zones are tricky things, and it's nearly 3AM.) I'll be back in seven or so hours. Good luck, everyone but the wolves.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:20 PM   #10
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Coppermirror seems to be making a point of distancing (her? him?) self from the wolves.

In other news, it's rather a hindrance that there's only one Gifted to help out in this game, as neither Radagast nor anyone else can have any protection during the Night.

I guess the only up side to having a single Gifted is at least it narrows down the chance of a jumpy one looking wolvish and getting lynched. With three baddies to one Gifted, the odds of snaring a wolf on suspicious behavior are better than getting Radagast.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:32 PM   #11
Nessa Telrunya
Shade of Carn Dűm

Nessa Telrunya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Nessa Telrunya
Quote:
In other news, it's rather a hindrance that there's only one Gifted to help out in this game, as neither Radagast nor anyone else can have any protection during the Night.

I guess the only up side to having a single Gifted is at least it narrows down the chance of a jumpy one looking wolvish and getting lynched. With three baddies to one Gifted, the odds of snaring a wolf on suspicious behavior are better than getting Radagast.
This is true. But another upside is that with so few of us villagers, everyone will be on their toes - large numbers tend to lead to a measure of complacency and reliance on the loudmouths for opinions. It'll be easy to see if someone neglects to put their own thoughts out in favor of joining the bandwagon.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:45 PM   #12
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessa Telrunya View Post
This is true. But another upside is that with so few of us villagers, everyone will be on their toes - large numbers tend to lead to a measure of complacency and reliance on the loudmouths for opinions. It'll be easy to see if someone neglects to put their own thoughts out in favor of joining the bandwagon.
Yes indeed. Smaller villages make it harder on submarines to stay low, as well.

Since Nog isn't here, does anyone want to volunteer to be the official sub-hunter?
Old 08-10-2012, 03:59 PM   #13
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
Since Nog isn't here, does anyone want to volunteer to be the official sub-hunter?
I've played the part before, m'lord, and I'm not loath to do it again. Perhaps I'll draw them out with a raucous merry jig or two? You see, I've got to play my original pieces quickly, before my... er, "illustrious companion" nabs them for herself.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:15 PM   #14
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Shasta, darling, I'm standing right here, and I'm only tone deaf, you know.

(Seriously, I had no idea the game had started. Ugh.)
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:41 PM   #15
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
I've played the part before, m'lord, and I'm not loath to do it again. Perhaps I'll draw them out with a raucous merry jig or two? You see, I've got to play my original pieces quickly, before my... er, "illustrious companion" nabs them for herself.
Just keep in mind that you only get the job as long as you stay above water yourself.

Kit strikes me as a bit off, but it's really a thin thing.

I'll probably have to vote in about 3 hours or so. More people showing up could be helpful.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:49 PM   #16
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Huh? What was that? My pail was filled, you say? Oh, thank you, whoever. Wait, what? Menel was killed? Oh goodness! What a horror!

Will be back in a couple hours' time.
Old 08-10-2012, 06:39 PM   #17
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Obviously Nessa did it. She was found at the scene, after all.

Oh, Nessa's guilteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee and we should make her paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay....for otherwise the wolfieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees will think that they can staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

And such.

Honestly, I have no idea. So few suspects though. Hopefully we'll just get lucky and lynch a wolf by sheer dumb luck. (Riiiiiight. Like that'll happen.)
Old 08-10-2012, 07:29 PM   #18
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Shield

Quote:
I do not leave my workshop often, but there are villains amongst us, and they must be found. Why don't we ask that pair of ne'er do well wandering minstrels, satansaloser2005 and Shastanis Althreduin, where they were last NIGHT? Also, Nerwen is looking very suspicious, regardless of whether she's wolfish. Why can't I look more closely at the horses, hmm?
But you *can* look closely. Just– er– not *that* closely! This spirited young filly here happens to be a little sensitive about her teeth, that's all. No, she is *not* "old enough to be your grandmother". What a peculiar thing to say about your grandmother.

No, no, there's nothing wrong with her. My good sir, that's just the breed. The...er... Eastfold Swayback.

Her temperament? Oh, delightful. A perfect mount for the more... adventurous rider. No, no, not vicious– just, as I said– spirited. Why, of course she doesn't bite! Gentle as a la– AAARRRRRGH!
Old 08-10-2012, 07:41 PM   #19
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dűm

Mini summary of posts thus far:

Kitanna: Sad about Menel's death.
Coppermirror: Sad about Menel's death, says we only have 2 DAYS to catch a wolf in and must be alert, wants to know where satansaloser2005 and Shastanis Althreduin were last night. Also why she can't look at Nerwen's horses more closely.
Nessa Telrunya: Shocked to find Menel's dead body. It was a hard sight even for a healer.
Kitanna: Is sure that none of the villagers will be lazing around. Has to leave to go to work.
Inziladun: Asks Coppermirror if she gave a pre-emptive defence.
Coppermirror: Says no. Wishes the villagers luck, and leaves to sleep.
Inziladun: Says that Coppermirror seems to be distancing herself from the wolves. Says it's a hindrance that the game has only one Gifted, but that on the upside there's a higher chance of suspicious behaviour actually belonging to wolves rather than Gifted.
Nessa Telrunya: Agrees about the chances, and says that another upside is that everyone will be on their toes and won't get complacent/fail to give their thoughts/bandwagon.
Inziladun: Smaller villages make it harder for submarines to stay low. Asks for volunteers to be the sub-hunter.
Shastanis Althreduin: Is willing to be the sub-hunter and has done it before. Dances a jig. Says that satansaloser2005 will take all the best (music/dance?) pieces if he doesn't hurry.
satansaloser2005: Is standing right there and had no idea the game had started until now.
Inziladun: Shastanis Althreduin needs to keep above water in order to keep the job. Something about Kitanna seems a bit off, but "it's really a thin thing." Will have to vote in about 3 hours and more people showing up would be helpful.
Galadriel55: Shocked about Menel's death. Will be back in a few hours.
satansaloser2005: Jokingly accuses Nessa. Has no idea and hopes we'll lynch a wolf through dumb luck.
Nerwen: Is indeed a horse trader of doubtful integrity...

They weren't many posts to summarise, alas, but I wanted to do it anyway, because in a village this size we've got to try to avoid writing off DAY 1 having meaningful content. I can't say that anyone looks very suspicious here, and that's a problem. Maybe things will pick up once voting starts.

What's a sub-hunter? Someone who hunts submarines (quiet players), maybe? Interesting that there's a custom of appointing someone to do that, if so.

Quote:
Coppermirror seems to be making a point of distancing (her? him?) self from the wolves.
Yep. I wanted to say "good luck" to everyone at first, but, well, with three wolves amongst the ten I don't want to wish them luck too. I don't want newbie inexperience/enthusiasm to make me look suspicious, but on the other hand, with only two days for us to catch a werewolf in, I don't think I can afford not to pursue a louder strategy. And for the record I'm a she.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Her temperament? Oh, delightful. A perfect mount for the more... adventurous rider. No, no, not vicious– just, as I said– spirited. Why, of course she doesn't bite! Gentle as a la– AAARRRRRGH!
Oh dear...Do we need to call for the village healer? I don't think I can fix up bites on people with glue the way I can fix up toys.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:58 PM   #20
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
What's a sub-hunter? Someone who hunts submarines (quiet players), maybe? Interesting that there's a custom of appointing someone to do that, if so.
That's pretty much it. There's no custom involved, though. There are players who are known for singling out quiet ones, but that's all.

Quote:
Yep. I wanted to say "good luck" to everyone at first, but, well, with three wolves amongst the ten I don't want to wish them luck too. I don't want newbie inexperience/enthusiasm to make me look suspicious, but on the other hand, with only two days for us to catch a werewolf in, I don't think I can afford not to pursue a louder strategy. And for the record I'm a she.
All right then. Thanks for the clarification on both matters.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:12 PM   #21
Kitanna
Child of the West

Twenty posts? Oh sadness, let's see what we have here. Coppermirror and Zil have said alot, looks like at a quick scan. Doesn't seem like much has happened yet though. Off and reading.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:13 PM   #22
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

I'm going to need to vote pretty soon. 0500 hours comes early, and I may or may not be able to make it back before DL.

Not much in the way of activity to key in on, thus far.

I don't want to get after the submarines just yet, since I am voting awfully early, and it's possible some might not realize the game is on now.

Coppermirror did cause a bit of an eyebrow raise, but at any rate I can't bring myself to vote a first-timer on Day 1.

Kit still gives some ill-defined feeling of unease, but that's all.

I guess I could vote Shasta or Sally for...being Shasta and Sally.

x/d with Kit
Old 08-10-2012, 08:18 PM   #23
Kitanna
Child of the West

Quote:

I'd like a reason. I've said almost nothing.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:32 PM   #24
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna View Post
Just the feel of the first couple of posts. Like I said, it's pretty thin.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:36 PM   #25
Kitanna
Child of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally
Hopefully we'll just get lucky and lynch a wolf by sheer dumb luck. (Riiiiiight. Like that'll happen.)
Well it has happened before...who knows maybe it'll happen again.

There's not much I can say that hasn't been said and resaid. Most of the conversation is about our odds and the size of the village or typical IC banter. Nothing scandalous there. And by my count only Eomer and Pitch haven't shown up yet.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:37 PM   #26
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Ok. I do need to go to bed, but I'm going to take a chance and not vote yet.

With luck, I should be able to get back for a quick vote before DL.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:40 PM   #27
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
True, but generally it happens to myself or Boro. He's not in this game and I'm not a werewolf, so I'd say our chances are slim.

I am exhausted. I need to sleep, but I have no idea who to vote for.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:49 PM   #28
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dűm

Quote:
And by my count only Eomer and Pitch haven't shown up yet.
You're right, which means that at least one wolf has posted by now for certain. Suppose I'll get back to examining the earlier posts, although I doubt I'll find anything glaring.

Quote:
Coppermirror did cause a bit of an eyebrow raise
Interesting. I'm guessing that must be because of wishing everyone but the wolves luck? It doesn't seem like much, but then again, there aren't many posts to be working with.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:52 PM   #29
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

There is good news: With 10 of us, and three of us being wolves, our odds of a Fenris are actually pretty decent. I hadn't previously realized there were so few of us. I feel marginally less miserable now (at least in regards to toDay's lynch).

I still don't know who to vote, however. I won't be voting Shasta for the sake of our partnership, Nerwen for the sake of not looking a posting horse dealer in the mouth, Gal for the sake of [shouting]giving you a bloody Day 1 break already, you poor thing[/shouting], and Mirror for being the fairest new player of them all (and for having a name with many a potential for hilarious puns later). I suppose no game is complete without a little unnecessary suspicion thrown toward Master Eomer, so perhaps I'll go with him for the sack of simplicity and curmudgeonliness, but it feels so unseemly to do so when he's not even shown up yet. We shall see. Either way, I'll be voting in the next fifteen minutes or so, and then will be off to bed.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:54 PM   #30
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
I'm going to need to vote pretty soon. 0500 hours comes early, and I may or may not be able to make it back before DL.

Not much in the way of activity to key in on, thus far.

I don't want to get after the submarines just yet, since I am voting awfully early, and it's possible some might not realize the game is on now.

Coppermirror did cause a bit of an eyebrow raise, but at any rate I can't bring myself to vote a first-timer on Day 1.

I guess I could vote Shasta or Sally for...being Shasta and Sally.

x/d with Kit
Well, I could vote you, because I don't like you either. But I won't, because that wouldn't be how the game is supposed to be played.

In any case, Sally, dear, that was a horrible attempt at anything resembling rhyme-scheme. Let me think...
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 08-10-2012 at 08:55 PM. Reason: X'ed with my duet partner.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:56 PM   #31
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

That's a good point, but I do have to dock you a few points for considering voting someone who hasn't shown up. Is Eomer even aware the game's started?
Old 08-10-2012, 08:56 PM   #32
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Well, I could vote you, because I don't like you either. But I won't, because that wouldn't be how the game is supposed to be played.
It isn't? Well, bother. Maybe I should rethink my strategy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My partner in rhyme
In any case, Sally, dear, that was a horrible attempt at anything resembling rhyme-scheme. Let me think...
That was an attempt at getting the crowd's attention. And....well, it worked, but not in the way I hoped. I'll compose a proper song come the morrow, my pet, I promise.

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 08-10-2012 at 08:58 PM. Reason: x'd with Shasta
Old 08-10-2012, 08:57 PM   #33
Kitanna
Child of the West

Quote:
Is Eomer even aware the game's started?
It's Eomer, he knows.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:58 PM   #34
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
That's a good point, but I do have to dock you a few points for considering voting someone who hasn't shown up. Is Eomer even aware the game's started?
No idea. I always check the Downs on my phone and would have missed toDay had I not been looking at Arda Cup results (which I still refuse to discuss, thank you). I may want to be a baton in his side, but I don't think I'll actually follow through. It wouldn't be fair.

EDIT: x'd with Kit. And now I feel like I'm being watched....
Old 08-10-2012, 09:06 PM   #35
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Ugh. Pitch hasn't shown up either. I considered being a crank to the grumpy old man, but again, it would be dirty of me to do so.

People who haven't shown up: Eomer, Pitch

People who are new or haven't played in a while: Nessa, Copper

Those four (and myself, obviously) are off the table. So I suppose that leaves....

++Kit

For making me feel creeped on. Really though, it's rather random, and I'm sorry, but I don't have much to deal with right now, so it's process of elimination rather than acting on suspicion at this point. :/

And with that, I shall bid you all good night. Hopefully I shall be able to wish you good Morning as well.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:33 PM   #36
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Zil and coppermirror deserve a note for trying to get things going. Some observations worth mentioning coming from both of them. Me likey.

Quote:
They weren't many posts to summarise, alas, but I wanted to do it anyway, because in a village this size we've got to try to avoid writing off DAY 1 having meaningful content. I can't say that anyone looks very suspicious here, and that's a problem. Maybe things will pick up once voting starts.
Don't expect anything other than banter to happen this early Day1. Things usually start to happen a bit later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coppermirror
Huh, not really a custom as such, but some players are known for going after the submarines, pointing a gun to their heads, trying to get them to post more, and if not - lynch!

I can't say I like sally's vote, but I can't blame her either. It's a lose-lose situation.

From what I gathered DL is 9am Eastern, so I'll have an hour before DL to catch up and vote. If I got the DL wrong, sorry folks. I think it'll be enough time though, since there are so few of us, unless the DL is actually an hour earlier or something...

G'night all.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:07 PM   #37
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
1420!

*adjusts bandages*

Just taking a break from my at-times-perilous calling of supplying YOU, the discerning customer, with the finest, most pure-blooded equines in all the Riddermark–

Where does the suspicion (and vote, now) on Kit come from, I wonder?

Here's her posts, in their entirety:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit
Gutted and in the prime of his life. How sad.

Edit: Oh hooray, finally, I hit the thread first! Thanks half day at work
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit
Looking at this village's make-up, we've some pretty crafty folk. No one will be lazing about, not even these furry intruders.

Unfortunately I can't stay for early Day 1 banter. I do have work and then mandatory work "fun" after hours. I imagine I'll be back in ten hours at the latest. Don't have too much fun without me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit
Twenty posts? Oh sadness, let's see what we have here. Coppermirror and Zil have said alot, looks like at a quick scan. Doesn't seem like much has happened yet though. Off and reading.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sally
Hopefully we'll just get lucky and lynch a wolf by sheer dumb luck. (Riiiiiight. Like that'll happen.)
There's not much I can say that hasn't been said and resaid. Most of the conversation is about our odds and the size of the village or typical IC banter. Nothing scandalous there. And by my count only Eomer and Pitch haven't shown up yet.
Now... there actually are a few points here, albeit minor ones. It's true she's said "almost nothing", but she's now taken quite a lot of posts to say it. Also, Post #2 is pretty much just "hey, guys, remember to suspect each other, 'bye", and Post #1 might be said have a faint "wolvish hypocrisy" vibe– though that last is a bit of a reach.

Okay. Pretty "thin", indeed, but I suppose it's enough to justify Zil's "ill-defined feeling of unease" comment, given this is Day One and there hasn't been that much else to analyse yet. Sally's vote, though, looks pretty opportunistic and her explanation sounds like hedging.

–Also– as a general thing, I find myself looking askance at people (Zil, Nessa, Sally), who paint lack of gifteds or excess of wolves as a positive thing, mostly because there's then statistically less chance of hitting the former than the latter. While true, this quite misses the point. I mean, I suppose one should always look for the silver lining and all that– but it's also often in the lupine interest to play down the village's danger. (None of this is an accusation, mind you– still much too early for that.)

EDIT:wrong word used.

Last edited by Nerwen; 08-11-2012 at 02:40 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:49 PM   #38
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

What disturbing times we live in! Not only do simple tavern lackeys have to put up with grumbles, threats and curses on an hourly basis, but good fishermen are being murdered in our very midst! It's not right, I tell you. But whodunnit?

I'm sure we can all agree that that Pitchwife has been a bit too quiet for comfort, eh? Something to hide, eh?
Old 08-11-2012, 12:10 AM   #39
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dűm

This is good! Now everybody but one has shown up, and some of the people who hadn't posted much earlier have turned up with more substantial posts. Hopefully Pitchwife will make it here before the end of the DAY.

I'm not at all sure yet who I'll be voting for. I had intended to vote for either some of the quieter villagers or those who hadn't shown up yet, to avoid only finding active villagers suspicious, but as time's gone on, some quiet people have become more active. So I'll wait and see.

Eomer, a tavern lackey like you must have heard some rumours about suspicious goings-on in the village. (Aside from poor Menel's demise.) Perhaps you've heard some incriminating mutterings from drunken tavern patrons? I usually only hear the mutterings of small children as they rummage through toys.
Old 08-11-2012, 03:56 AM   #40
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Indeed, Coppermirror, I hear lots of rumours. All of them gibberish, I'm certain. You drown cats, apparently.