The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-25-2007, 12:54 PM   #481
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond18
Ah, by the way, my apparent annoyance/taking offense when Agnazir questioned my confusion over Mac and Volo was completely fanged.... er, feigned. She pinned my lie down exactly (I was leaving the door open to switch to Volo if it meant saving Mac, and would have if I had bloody well been able to get online, grr!) and I felt like a truly evil wolf for the first time when I got Agnazir to apologize for being right.

Sorry... (not really, tee hee)
Heehee...I did the same thing to...Volo, I think it was, when I was a wolf. I felt a pang of guilt, which was overridden by evil delight...

(Oh, by the way...
it's a lot of hard work to mod a WW game, especially one that has a deadline in the early afternoon. I've had to wear a watch for the last two weeks, something I normally don't do, and I had an allergic reaction to it. Oh, how I suffer for you people! I expect adequate compensation. See that little scales symbol in the corner of my posts...? )
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 12:54 PM   #482
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Night 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel
We already know two roles: Volo's and SPM's. Rikae said there would probably be three hidden Gifted roles, but I'm almost certain there are more than that. Do you guys think we have a Seer, Ranger, and Hunter hidden among the Innocents? Five Gifted is a lot, but possible. Also, seeing the uniqueness of the other two roles we know about, I think there's a good chance that there won't be just any traditional Seer, Ranger, or Hunter...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
I have to admit that I was unable to make out any gifted-ish hints by anybody (except Volo, of course). There could be anything, I'm afraid.
So we decided quickly not to go after Gifteds. Volo, you really fooled us wolves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
I agree that there is no point in killing Durelin or Volo.

I think there is little sense in killing Boro, Gil or xyzzy. I'm not in the mood for such an un-bold kill.

This leaves me with: Legate, Mith, Lommy, Ang, Kath, Aganzir, Rune

Legate: was widely suspected today, but given Six's innocence, he will be safer tomorrow. He said he is a little suspicious of Kath, so I'm optimistic he will give her a closer look tomorrow. He's suspicious of Brinn and me, and I fear that he is going to increase his pressure on Brinn in the mid-distant future.
I would let him live, for the moment.

Mithalwen: was somewhat suspicious of me, but not too much. Hard to predict whether she will in- or decrease it tomorrow. Mith managed to survive in all of her last three games, so we can kill her with a very good conscience.
She's a good option for me.

Lommy: suspects me a little and will increase it out of sheer habit. Did I read somewhere that she will be away for Day Two?
I'm not too fond of killing her.

Anguirel: is suspected by some, while his own suspicions are off. He will hopefully mix things up and keep a few people from looking for wolves elsewhere.
I would let him live.

Kath: is suspicious of me and will probably be persistent in it. She was one of very few who saw through me in the only game I was a real baddie once. I'm scared of her, but I fear people might look towards me if we kill her.
I'm not too fond of killing her.

Aganzir: thinks Brinn innocent. She's off the track so far, but this might change.
I don't feel good about killing her right now.

Rune: is suspicious of me, but I think this might decrease once he has other things to look at.
I think it's a bad idea to lynch him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn
Right now, I'm going to say Durelin, Volo, xyzzy, Gil, Boromir, Legate, Rune, and Ang should definitely be out of the picture for ToNight.

I agree that Kath and Lommy probably should be left alone as well.

Aganzir could be a good kill, but then again, I'm not sure if I want to kill off someone who is (for now) mistakenly on my side...it could work to our advantage.

I'm all for killing Mithalwen- She appears to be quite innocent to most of the others, and I think by killing her, no obvious tracks will be led back to us. (I'm also secretly hoping she's a Gifted, but I have no idea). Anyways, I do agree she's our best choice, but let us see what Di and Shasta have to say..
Yeah, sorry Mithalwen...
Old 05-25-2007, 12:55 PM   #483
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
The Eye

I erased all of the Wolf PM's from when Mac and Brinn were alive, but I still have the ones between Shasta and I.

Night... er, whatever. Just after Mac died.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
Well, we lost Mac, but Volo was bluffing about his second life, so we don't have to worry about a Seer.

Hmm... I'm thinking we should definately go after Aganzir or Legate tonight, preferably the latter as he's louder. I'll wait a while to see if you say anything, xD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond
I was positively giddy with joy to see Volo dead. I could have saved Mac had I shown up in time to retract my vote and switch it to Volo at the last minute, but I had a very bad morning and couldn't get to the library in time. But maybe that's for the best, as that action would surely have marked me a wolf in everyone's eyes.

I'm also thinking Agnazir or Legate, but I want to read over the thread first to see what's wot. SPM was making Legate into a bit of a scapegoat so it might be nice to keep him... however I believe SPM's argument was somewhat reliant on Volo's guilt. Anyway, probably yes to Legate but I'll see what I think once I've read the thread.

*drinks a toast to Volo's blood... possibly consisting of Volo's blood*

~ Diamond ~
Quote:
Let's kill Legate.

I'm a little disheartened at how many people we still have to kill, considering how much suspicion we're under (you most especially!) but we'll see how toMorrow goes. Luckily Gil and Ang look pretty guilty what with their voting. Maybe we can work a double lynch in our favor, who knows.

I kinda wish I'd saved Mac, even if it would have made me look very guilty.

I'll be online for another hour and then I won't be back till after the next Day starts, so unless I hear from you if the next hour I'll send Rikae the death pick before I leave.
And so I sent this to Rikae:

Quote:
We have decided to drink the blood of Legate tonight. May his screams be legendary and his dying pains the stuff of nightmares.

Old 05-25-2007, 12:57 PM   #484
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
It is alwasy hard to judge - at least I found so - I had two whitewash games as mods - the wolves won with 3 gifted and the villages with one...

But the uncertainty over gifteds benefits the wolves since they can lie through their miserable fangs.... *cough* Mac

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 01:00 PM   #485
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
Maybe I should now also mention that I have never heard of a game where the first one to claim to be the Seer is not one, and I guess(ed even then) that neither have you.

I did Mod a game once where there were two seers, but I only told the players there was one, and that caused horrid, horrid confusion.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:00 PM   #486
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
It worries me that Mac remembers my last three games and I don't have a clue - I know I died in Fea's game - have I really played 3 since then?

Old 05-25-2007, 01:03 PM   #487
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure
Where is Volo, that young rascal who tricked me! Let justice be done upon him!
And we wants to sstrange you! How did you manage that! Just how did you manage that!

Quote:
Hmm... I'm thinking we should definately go after Aganzir or Legate tonight, preferably the latter as he's louder. I'll wait a while to see if you say anything, xD
That's exactly what I hoped for!
Old 05-25-2007, 01:04 PM   #488
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen
Why do I have to die so early in such an interesting game? I have never died so soon (apart from when I was righteously lynched of course.)
Actually, you usually living long was a reason for us to kill you. I always feel bad about the first kill who only gets one day to play, so among the ones whose death wouldn't have done us any harm, we chose the one whom we could kill with the least bad conscience.

Sorry Mith. And sorry Ang, it wasn't meant to spoil your fun.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
I would like to step on his toes to make him dream of me (hopefully without attracting suspicions from anybody else), so we have a tiny ability to communicate by hints during the days.
This would have been fun, but never came to be because Sauce was simply playing too smooth on Day One.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Weeel, at least he admits to trying to cheat!
I was only aiming at clarification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mith
But the uncertainty over gifteds benefits the wolves since they can lie through their miserable fangs.... *cough* Mac
I'm sure I could've done the same if the gifted roles had been known to everybody.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 01:07 PM   #489
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
It worries me that Mac remembers my last three games and I don't have a clue - I know I died in Fea's game - have I really played 3 since then?
I checked the last 5 games and noted down how long everybody got to live. You were the only one to survive until the end three times. I don't remember the games or the circumstances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo
And we wants to sstrange you! How did you manage that! Just how did you manage that!
Magic.

...and a little bit of "help" by Anguirel...
Old 05-25-2007, 01:07 PM   #490
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Thumbs up Too many Cobblers spoil the Ghoulash ...

Hey, how's a humble Cobbler s'posed to earn a decent living when the Mediums are goin' round stealing his lines? Sinister Seers indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Di
Big big thanks to SpM, who is the ultimate Cobbler. Really. You did your job perfectly, Gooseman Jackson.
You are welcome, although I fear that I did not perform as well as I would have liked. I had big plans for making a revelation at some point in order really to spice things up. And I would have done so too, but for two things:

1. My choice of dream victims (Legate, Mac and Anguirel on consecutive Nights) were not the best; and

2. Volo kept putting a spanner in the works with his own ever-changing revelations.

I also put in a rather sub-standard performance on spotting the other Wolves. Although I thought Brinniel likely to be a Wolf and and had dreamed of Mac, I was certain for much of the game that the remaining Wolves were Kath and Aganzir.

Still, it was useful to know that Mac was a Wolf on the Day of his "revelation" (although I would probably have guessed from that anyway), and it was also helpful to know of two innocents that I could concentrate my fire on without risking getting a Wolf lynched. My reason for dreaming of Legate, by the way, was because I thought that he looked Wolfish and so concluded, on the basis of my usual performance, that he might well be the Seer ...

I like to think that I contributed to getting Volo double-lynched with Mac. That said, it came as a massive surprise (and delight) to me when it happened. Contrary to Anguirel's view, I found that Day most exciting and enjoyed myself greatly, even though I knew that I would most likely be dead meat the next Day (better me, of course, than a Wolf).

I thought that someone might possibly go for my alternative interpretation of the dreams on my last Day, but was not overly confident. I actually part-believed my own interpretation of the Aganzir dream, though, still thinking that she might be a Wolf! I also had one worked out for the Legate dream - based on the quote being about Saruman - but he was dead before I got to use it.

As for that last minute "revelation" of Aganzir's , I only just spotted it before I hit submit on my farewell post. I thought that she was probably bluffing, but that if she was not, it was unlikely that she would be naming the person she truly intended to hunt. Had I had more time, I probably wuld have posted as much, but happily Shasta and Di made the right decision anyway.

A wonderful, really enjoyable game - one of the classics in my view - so thanks to all concerned, and particularly to Rikae for coming up with such a great scenario and bringing it off marvellously, and of course to my Hyaenine friends for securing the victory.

Hooorah!
Old 05-25-2007, 01:10 PM   #491
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
*raises eyebrow*

Rule of thumb...never be surprised by how much trivia Macalaure knows about Barrowdowners. That man has way too much time on his hands, I tell you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
I was only aiming at clarification.
You asked me when I was drunk! You ought to be ashamed.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:13 PM   #492
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Our last night we mostly discussion things over MSN, but there are a few PM's to show:

Quote:
I really think we still have to kill Agnazir. There's achance she's lying and isn't the hunter or doesn't intend to hunt you at all

if we don't, you'll surely be lynched.

what do you think?
(I was supposed to be working at the time hence the lack of capitalization)

Quote:
If she's not lying, we're doomed.

I wonder... what if we go after Ang tonight? Tomorrow, I can play the "That's exactly why the wolves didn't kill Aganzir, to pin me!" card... also, we have a better chance of turning a lynch onto Gil or Kath, I think. I think we'd better go back and check the narrations, but she might be bluffing...
Quote:
Well, it is your neck on the line.... So I'm reluctant to encourage you to die. But I have this feeling that she's bluffing, because didn't we already have an assasin in Lommy? She had a choice between protecting and hunting, and the night she died she was protecting, so she didn't take anyone with her. But what are the chances that Rikae put essentially TWO hunters in the game? That's why I suspect a bluff. Also, Hunters are notorious for lying about their intended hunt, just to see how the wolves will react.

It's a tight spot. If you die I really don't think I can make it till the end, my strength this game is hiding in numbers and the less people there are the more evil I look. Ang says he trusts me and that's why I'm very reluctant to kill him. I don't think he'll want to vote for me but I don't know about the others.

Anyway, I'll IM you since we're both online.
Over MSN we decided that we couldn't get Shasta out of it if we didn't kill Agnazir, so hoped for the best. And got it.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:22 PM   #493
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Lies, demmed lies and Statistics ...

Quote:
Actually, you usually living long was a reason for us to kill you. I always feel bad about the first kill who only gets one day to play, so among the ones whose death wouldn't have done us any harm, we chose the one whom we could kill with the least bad conscience.
Personally speaking that strategy sucks - The one time I haven't been working and the deadline was possible ...I die..... all the games where getting killed early would have been a bit of a relief and saved me busting a gut to get some computer access ... I stay alive... What ever theory you were working on "Murphy's" Law kicked in

and I was having such fun with darling Celeborn...

Old 05-25-2007, 01:23 PM   #494
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Night 3

My last Night was the best one...

I don't have Di's PM, but I remember she was pretty happy over lynching Boro.

Quote:
I admit that once the deadline hit, I burst out laughing. It just worked so wonderfully!

Anyways, I think we've managed to confuse the village quite a bit, which makes me happy, of course.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
They lynched Boromir!!

They - lynched - Boromir!!!!

...and almost without any effort from our side!

I love this village!

Brilliant timing, Diamond!

Quote:
I admit that once the deadline hit, I burst out laughing. It just worked so wonderfully!
I still am.
I think we're having a legitimate shot at winning with little casualties now.
So...we celebrated.

And then to business:

Quote:
As to who we kill, how about Rune or Anguirel?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Di
I'm a little loathe to kill Ang because he's so entertaining and suspicious AND he strongly suspects Brinniel.

On the other hand, I got the sneaky feeling that he is, if not the Seer, perhaps a Gifted of some sort. Which would make him tasty eats.... Also, the village may consider killing him too bold a move for Brinniel. A little bluffing is nice.

Still... I would miss him in the game. Hrmmm. Let's not kill Ang unless no one else seems a better candidate.

I'm not sure about Rune. I'll have to do a little more reading of the thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Di
I am in favor of killing Lommy. She suspects Mac vaguely but not anything I think to be worried about... mainly she's not one to have garnered much suspicion herself so like Mith is a fairly safe kill. I believe that Kath is also a good one to consider.
Quote:
Okay, I would really like to catch a Gifted toNight, but that may be really difficult. We don't know how many unknown Gifteds are out there or even whether they are the traditional roles we know about or not.

Anyways, here's some thought on our Innocents:

xyzzy: If he doesn't show up tomorrow, he'll be mod-killed as well, so I think we should definitely leave him alone.

Legate: Hard to say...could be a Gifted, but I think he's capturing too much attention to be one. I wouldn't kill him toNight for various reasons.

Gil-Galad: Back to his old style, I see. I doubt he's a Gifted and I definitely don't think he would be a Seer. He has had made little effect in the game considering he hasn't even voted yet.

Aganzir: I don't get a Gifted vibe from her either, but I could be wrong. Anyways, I'm hoping some pressure will be placed on her by the village after her vote yesterDay. I don't think it's a good idea to kill her toNight.

Lommy: Hard to say since she hasn't been around much. I don't know if she's a Gifted, but I doubt she's a Seer. She would be a good kill toNight if we don't want to leave tracks again, but not if we want to kill a Gifted.

Kath: I really have no idea about her...could go either way.

Anguirel: I think there's a chance he could be a Gifted, but he's really tough to figure out. He could be dangerous to have stick around and I would like to see him die soon, but toNight...I'm not so sure. And yes, it's mostly because he suspects me and I would like to save my neck and for once make it past Day 3, thank you very much. I'm too scared to kill him...could cause a lot of problems.

Rune: I've been thinking a lot about this, and have come to the idea that he could quite possibly be our Seer. He has suspected Mac since Day 1 and was big on voting for him, before retracting to save his own neck. He has gotten a lot of suspicion, which is typical for a Seer. Also, I know he has been frustrated for some time for not ever having a Gifted roled, and perhaps Rikae decided it would be nice to give it to him...I don't know. But the problem is, if we decide to kill him and he turns out to be an ordo, that could gain a lot of suspicion towards Mac and me considering he did suspect us and us him. But then, if he is the Seer and we don't kill him, considering he was under a lot pressure yesterDay and if that pressure continues, he could end up revealing his role. And if he did reveal himself as the Seer toMorrow, there's a good chance I think he's already dreamt of Mac, and if not, he will, and if he has, there's a good chance he would dream of me toNight, and if that happens, we'd be completely screwed. Oh boy...I'm really stuck here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Whom to kill, whom to kill? I mainly agree with what Brinniel already said.

Legate of Amon Lanc ~ too wacky theories to be seer, suspected by many, creates distraction, SPM's favourite toy => let him live

Xyzzy ~ leaves no tracks, but sooner or later people will have to deal with him, I can hardly imagine him as a gifted => let him live

Thinlómien ~ not suspected by others, not seriously suspicious of us => good opportunity to kill a dangerous player

Anguirel ~ gifted maybe, but I don't see him as a seer, threat to Brinniel, but I'm not sure how persevering he will be with this suspicion => we should only kill him if we find no one better

Kath ~ not suspected a lot, not suspicious of us => good opportunity to get rid of a truly excellent player

Gil-Galad ~ no intelligent opinion => if we can't find someone better we can kill him

Aganzir ~ regarded suspicious by some, no immediate threat to us, nothing giftedlike in my view => let her live

Rune ~

What Brinniel said.

He might be a seer who has dreamt of me. Also keep in mind that we all are quite inexperienced wolves, so it's possible Rikae made him (never been gifted) into a seer.
If he isn't the seer, then killing him will look like the wolves were afraid of him and that will put a lot of pressure on Brinn and me.
He is also suspected by quite a few

=> Let him live.
I think we will fare better by trying to lynch him than by killing him. This will also be much more fun! The problem is, that he will get a chance to dream of Brinniel.
We are in a good position to put pressure on him tomorrow, maybe forcing him to reveal whether he is the seer.
If that happens, he must have dreamt of me and will declare me a wolf. I will then make a counter-claim of being the seer myself and having dreamt of Rune (saying that was the reason I've been putting the pressure on him). We'll see if I can get through with that. If we kill him and he's the seer, I will be dead anyway.

Risks of this plan:
What if we can't manage to get him into serious trouble?
What if he dreamt of Brinniel tonight?

But then again:
What if he's protected tonight? It's quite possible the ranger is as smart as we are.
A few will interpret the situation exactly the right way, and then we're really screwed because we can't even lynch Rune anymore.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
If we kill him and he's the seer, I will be dead anyway.
I didn't think of this earlier, but it is true. All suspicion would turn to you. Of course, Rune did suspect me as well, so I could become suspicious as well, though I wouldn't be at as much risk as you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
If that happens, he must have dreamt of me and will declare me a wolf. I will then make a counter-claim of being the seer myself and having dreamt of Rune (saying that was the reason I've been putting the pressure on him). We'll see if I can get through with that.
Hmm...if we do have to resort to this, indeed it could help buy us time, that is, if the village chooses to lynch Rune. Then they would discover he was telling the truth, we would have a night to kill someone before the village killed off Mac. Now if I am dreamt of and revealed by Rune along with Mac, I don't think they could lynch us both in one Day (I mean, they could attempt a double lynch, but we would be able to do everything in our power to prevent that, even if it meant a self-vote). Then there would be another night and another kill before I would be lynched. And even with two wolves gone, we could still have a shot of winning.

Anyways, I'm thinking that whether he is an ordo or a Seer, killing Rune will have bad results. And as Mac mentioned, there's a chance a Ranger could protect him, and then the results would just prove disasterous. Leaving him alive is risky as well, but at least we would have a shot. I'm just really hoping we're very wrong in these thoughts, and Rune is just an ordinary...
Yeah, we were pretty sure that Rune was the Seer. I must admit, I really wanted to kill him, but either way, we knew it'd be dangerous.

Next:

Quote:
So, if not Rune, who do we kill? I'm thinking Kath or Lommy are our best candidates. Neither would leave tracks, and I'm hoping one might be Gifted, though perhaps that doesn't even matter anymore. Once again, we're not even sure what kind of Gifteds we have to watch out for.

Kath: Rune has been her main suspect for the entire game. In fact, I think she helped start the bandwagon against him. By killing her, suspicion could be increased on Rune. She thinks Shasta is innocent, though I can't recall if she's mentioned anything about Mac, Di, and me.

Lommy: While she pointed out some suspicions of Mac, she ended up voting for xyzzy. Killing her may lead some tracks back to Mac, but it probably wouldn't be anything obvious enough to get him lynched on that alone.

At this point, I think I would rather kill Kath of the two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Two more thoughts on them:

Kath was very suspicious of Rune. If she keeps this suspicion up, she will be quite valuable to us.

Lommy is a little strange. She's extremely passive. It's almost like she's holding up a sign saying: "Kill me! I will leave no tracks!". Does she actually want to be killed by us? A hunter?

Given the potential helpfulness of Kath, I would rather take the risk of Lommy.
Quote:
Do you really think she could be a hunter? If so, killing her could be quite dangerous. I remember Lommy the last time she was a hunter, and she was spot on almost everyday. If she is the hunter, there's a good chance it would mean sacrificing one of us, and we can't afford to lose one of us toNight with the whole Rune situation that could possibly come toMorrow.
In the end, we decided to kill Lommy. I admit, I was half expecting that one of us would be dead when Day 3 arrived. Boy, was I relieved to find out she was a Ranger/Assassin...and we weren't dead.

Killing Lommy and not Rune meant my neck, but I have a feeling that if we had killed Rune instead, it would've been Mac's neck. Either way, there would've been a sacrifice. And in the end, I suppose Lommy was the best choice.

When it comes to surviving WW, I'm doomed. Will I ever break this 3 Day curse?

Honestly, I expected to get lynched sometime in the game...I predicted if we won, it would be because of Di and Shasta. I just hate that I never get to defend myself...if I go down, I want to go down with a fight. And if I had been there, I would've probably claimed myself as the Hunter or Hunter/Seer. I'm not sure that would've worked, but at least I would've had a fighting chance... Oh well, that's just how things are, and I accept it.

Twice I've been lynched and both times it is because of you, Rune. Seriously...first you decapitate me, then you shoot me. If you want me to like you, you better stop killing me.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:27 PM   #495
Volo

I seem to have avoided your kill-lists alltogether
Old 05-25-2007, 01:34 PM   #496
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Lommy: Hard to say since she hasn't been around much. I don't know if she's a Gifted, but I doubt she's a Seer. She would be a good kill toNight if we don't want to leave tracks again, but not if we want to kill a Gifted.
Bwahahahahhahahhaha! You evil, slavering murderous beasts really got lucky, didn't you.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:35 PM   #497
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauce
I was certain for much of the game that the remaining Wolves were Kath and Aganzir.
I actually noticed how you kept saying "I think Aganzir is innocent" when others were suspecting me, and I found it somewhat strange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauce
As for that last minute "revelation" of Aganzir's , I only just spotted it before I hit submit on my farewell post. I thought that she was probably bluffing, but that if she was not, it was unlikely that she would be naming the person she truly intended to hunt. Had I had more time, I probably wuld have posted as much, but happily Shasta and Di made the right decision anyway.
It was almost deadline when I came up with that idea and I didn't have much time to formulate my post. Afterwards I thought it would have been better if I had said something like "I will hunt one of these", but then again I was quite certain about Shasta (and I thought they couldn't know for sure if I was only bluffing about hunting him). I thought the Wolves wouldn't probably believe me, but at least I had to try (if I had survived we would have had one "dream" more). And of course I wanted to cause some confusion among the Wolves, if not more than a discussion if they should kill me or not. *insert evil grin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasssty Wolf
I wonder... what if we go after Ang tonight? Tomorrow, I can play the "That's exactly why the wolves didn't kill Aganzir, to pin me!" card...
Hah, I thought that had I survived the Wolves might have started accusing me during the day. Like "maybe Volo interpreted the riddle wrong, she indeed is a Wolf and claimed to be the Hunter just that we wouldn't wonder why she wasn't killed!"
Old 05-25-2007, 01:40 PM   #498
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
I wonder why nobody ever analysed my posts after my death?
Yes, I was wondering that too. I thought of doing it or of questioning why no one was doing it, but thought it best to leave it with my point that no one except me seemed to be doing any serious (!) analysis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel
SPM- Did you dream of a wolf early on? I'm really curious to see who your choices were each night...
Well, I have said who I dreamed of, but:

Night 2 - Legate - because I thought that he might be the Seer.

Night 3 - Mac - again, I thought that he might be the Seer, as he seemed to be the only one with any firm defences of others.

Night 4 - Anguirel, to eliminate the outside possibility (as I thought) that he might be a Wolf.

On the first two Nights, I was trying to find the Seer, since this would have been the most useful information that I could have provided to my allies. Unfortunately, Volo had me fooled too, so I had little prospect. By Night 4, with Rune and Lommy dead (the combined Seer, as I thought) I decided that it was best to work on identifying who the Wolves were. Although I very nearly dreamed of Aganzir, on the basis that I still thought that she might be a Wolf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac, in a Wolf PM
Anguirel: is suspected by some, while his own suspicions are off. He will hopefully mix things up and keep a few people from looking for wolves elsewhere.
Anguirel is always unpredictable. One of the reasons (along with his wit and great approach to the game) that I enjoy playing with him. But, in this game, he was a Wolf's dream ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta, in a Wolfish PM
Well, we lost Mac, but Volo was bluffing about his second life, so we don't have to worry about a Seer.
I was absolutely certain, after his second 'revelation' that Volo had no more than one life, and tried to hint as much, thinking (wrongly, as it happily turned out) that he was likely to survive the Day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Di, in a Wolfish PM
I could have saved Mac had I shown up in time to retract my vote and switch it to Volo at the last minute, but I had a very bad morning and couldn't get to the library in time. But maybe that's for the best, as that action would surely have marked me a wolf in everyone's eyes.
Absolutely for the best, as it turned out. Kath looked far more suspicious to me, with her flippy-flopping on the issue.

Quote:
SPM was making Legate into a bit of a scapegoat so it might be nice to keep him... however I believe SPM's argument was somewhat reliant on Volo's guilt.
Darn right it was. He was the right choice, most certainly.

Quote:
... although that was rather countered by the lying Gifteds ...

I think it was finely balanced. It could well have gone down to the wire, and either way at the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Di
I did Mod a game once where there were two seers, but I only told the players there was one, and that caused horrid, horrid confusion.
Indeed. I remember it well.

Quote:
I really think we still have to kill Agnazir. There's achance she's lying and isn't the hunter or doesn't intend to hunt you at all

if we don't, you'll surely be lynched.
Actually, there was a reasonable chance that she might be thought a Wolf who posted that to explain her survival during the Night. Well, that was the way that I was thinking, given that I still thought that she might be a Wolf ...

Oh and Mac ... That last minute pang of conscience of yours that nearly saved Volo. Having Cobblered my little heart out all Day for you, I could have killed you! Ang is Ang, and delightful for it. He deserved no Wolfish accomodation.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:44 PM   #499
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac, in a Wolfish PM
They lynched Boromir!!

They - lynched - Boromir!!!!

...and almost without any effort from our side!
I couldn't believe our luck either. That was the Day I was out (at the cricket, don't you know), so it was a real bonus (sorry, Boro ).

I had my Blackberry at the cricket and was checking the thread every so often. Unfortunately, it takes ages to load and I wouldn't have had much chance of posting, even if I hadn't got rather diverted by the combination of Ali Cook's century and lashings of alcohol ...
Old 05-25-2007, 01:48 PM   #500
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Boots

Btw, I might not have been much cop at spotting the Wolves, but Gil was always likely to be innocent, as anyone who had bothered to consider, after Mac's death, the voting record for Day 3 would probably have concluded ...
Old 05-25-2007, 01:51 PM   #501
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Boots

Another btw ...

Of something like twenty games, thrice a Cobbler, twice a Wolf, but only once a Gifted - and a Hunter at that.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:51 PM   #502
Volo

Sting

Quote:
*insert evil grin*
This should become an official BD-smiley!
Old 05-25-2007, 01:52 PM   #503
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Boots

Quote:
Also, I know he has been frustrated for some time for not ever having a Gifted roled, and perhaps Rikae decided it would be nice to give it to him...I don't know.
Tut tut Mac. What with your beration of Volo for using the same kind of reasoning in the game thread ...

Edit: Actually, that was Brinn's quote ... but ...

Quote:
He might be a seer who has dreamt of me. Also keep in mind that we all are quite inexperienced wolves, so it's possible Rikae made him (never been gifted) into a seer.

Last edited by The Saucepan Man; 05-25-2007 at 01:57 PM.
The Saucepan Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 01:53 PM   #504
Volo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man
Having Cobblered my little heart out all Day for you, I could have killed you! Ang is Ang, and delightful for it.
I actually oppose. It was extremely frutrating when he stated that he didn't suspect me in the least. You aren't supposed to vote for a real person but their WW role.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:55 PM   #505
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Boots Sorry - I'm posting as I read

Quote:
Legate of Amon Lanc ~ too wacky theories to be seer, suspected by many, creates distraction, SPM's favourite toy => let him live

Indeed.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:55 PM   #506
Volo

Thumbs up

Quote:
Tut tut Mac. What with your beration of Volo for using the same kind of reasoning in the game thread ...
Yeah, sorry for those. As you see, they are often thought of by players. I think you, Espiem should add this and the other unwritten rules (all the ones I broke) into your sticky post.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:16 PM   #507
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Very very nice game Rikae. I'm sad I had a short run at it. Though I must say I wasn't as surprised as the wolves about being lynched. I saw it coming as I couldn't participate in the fashion that I normally do. Plus with retractable votes and an inability to be around late when all the action and vote changing takes place it was going to be very easy to get me lynched. Now I exactly know how Morm felt. Really you silly villagers must stop that tendancy .

Is it awful of me to actually be glad the baddies won this one? I mean really I thought they all played great and deserved this win. I think the baddies defended me more than my own side did . I only got to fully read a couple days after my death and the rest of the time I popped in to check the narrations and see who was dying off. From what I did read just a superb job by the wolves.

After I was lynched I was thinking Mac and Ang were wolves. Mac because of the way he defended me at the end. Which case I thought the same thing as Di and that Mac was all too sure of my innocence. Which got me to coincidentally to think Di was innocent because I thought the same and I was telling myself, everyone listen to Di!! Then when Mac came out to claim he was the seer just a great job handling that entire situation and excellent planning.

I began to think SpM was a wolf after my death and he was going after Legate. He was correct that Legate was the main champion behind my lynching. Even so, I just thought Legate was confused on the way I play and therefor was a misled innocent. And SpM going after him just looked like something a wolf would do because he was perfectly correct. I guess you could say I was half right there.

Other than that though I probably would have never guessed Di, Shasta, and Brinniel as the other wolves if I was still in the game. I mean really a dominating and well executed performance by all the baddies.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:28 PM   #508
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro the Sprinter
I'm sad I had a short run at it.
How punny you are! Thank you very much for your praise...
Old 05-25-2007, 02:28 PM   #509
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Oh and Mac ... That last minute pang of conscience of yours that nearly saved Volo. Having Cobblered my little heart out all Day for you, I could have killed you! Ang is Ang, and delightful for it. He deserved no Wolfish accomodation.
As Volo said. I felt like we weren't really deserving our success. We could have gone down in honorable and sportsmanlike defeat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPM
Btw, I might not have been much cop at spotting the Wolves, but Gil was always likely to be innocent, as anyone who had bothered to consider, after Mac's death, the voting record for Day 3 would probably have concluded ...
... as could have my obvious usage of Gil as a scapegoat. But nobody bothered to take a look at me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by still SPM
Fairness within the wolves' plotting? Ha!
Old 05-25-2007, 02:36 PM   #510
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88
Very very nice game Rikae. I'm sad I had a short run at it. .
...Boromir turned and ran 1000 yards down the length of the studio roof, then turned and raced back again, by now completely clothed in flame. He turned a third time and sprinted back again, showing no signs of slowing. Some of the Downers could not refrain from cheering as he completed a final lap, and set the record for the first mile run in under three minutes while in flames.

Are you sure? By my reckoning that is nearly 2 miles... which is long in my book - I only run taps these days....

Old 05-25-2007, 04:55 PM   #511
The Sixth Wizard
Shade of Carn Dûm

The Sixth Wizard has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to The Sixth Wizard
Nobody seems to realise here, the lackeys at Hollywood won! Those dwarf-throwing, dwarf-needs-box-ing, dwarf-under-warg-ing, dwarf-on-twitching-orc-with-nervous-system-ing, dwarf-desecrators beat us! Gah!

I tried to keep up with this game even though I was killed Day 1, and it was very good, Rikae, you had some ingenious roles! I especially like the spirit of Peter Jackson...

SpM was completely bamboozling the lot of yeh...

Shame Lommy died so early...

On to the next WW game!
The Sixth Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 05:08 PM   #512
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth
On to the next WW game!
No! Continue stroking my ego for another couple of hours...
Old 05-25-2007, 06:18 PM   #513
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
I actually noticed how you kept saying "I think Aganzir is innocent" when others were suspecting me, and I found it somewhat strange.

It was almost deadline when I came up with that idea and I didn't have much time to formulate my post. Afterwards I thought it would have been better if I had said something like "I will hunt one of these", but then again I was quite certain about Shasta (and I thought they couldn't know for sure if I was only bluffing about hunting him). I thought the Wolves wouldn't probably believe me, but at least I had to try (if I had survived we would have had one "dream" more). And of course I wanted to cause some confusion among the Wolves, if not more than a discussion if they should kill me or not. *insert evil grin*

Hah, I thought that had I survived the Wolves might have started accusing me during the day. Like "maybe Volo interpreted the riddle wrong, she indeed is a Wolf and claimed to be the Hunter just that we wouldn't wonder why she wasn't killed!"
Nassssty? Me?

Seriously, though, great game Rikae.

Unfortunately, that bit about me having mono is true. =(

I think a lot of our success in the beginning was definately due to Mac and Brinn... thanks guys.

Di was the perfect silent partner! *lick*

And, SPM, you can make me a pair of shoes anytime. XD

Kath is right. I am bouncy. *bounces*
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 06:20 PM   #514
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Urgh I knew I was going to miss all the action! Ah well, at least I had Di pegged by the end. Gut reactions are wonderful things, if only I'd had time to find some reasoning for others!

Well done wolves, that was a masterful piece of evil-doing!

And well done Rikae, fantastic modding with a great storyline. However, if you ever mod again I'm going to threaten you with bodily harm if you even hint that there is more than one Seer!
Old 05-25-2007, 09:37 PM   #515
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
i was going to vote shasta, but last game you take it very seriously and launch a revenge-vote half the time and i didn't want to waste it...

but still, i survived quite long, even though the two wolves wanted my head really bad...
Old 05-25-2007, 10:14 PM   #516
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
We just thought you, with your low amount of posting, were a good scapegoat. Nothing personal.

Me? Take WW seriously? Pfft.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 10:56 PM   #517
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Was ist das? Blasphemy! WW is serious, my dear young man.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:14 PM   #518
The Sixth Wizard
Shade of Carn Dûm

The Sixth Wizard has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to The Sixth Wizard
Indeed! Werecat are a serious thred!
The Sixth Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 12:41 AM   #519
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo
I seem to have avoided your kill-lists alltogether
Yeah, well we thought you couldn't die, so we decided to automatically avoid you altogether. Good job...you really fooled all us baddies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Quote:
Bwahahahahhahahhaha! You evil, slavering murderous beasts really got lucky, didn't you.
Heh...it's true (or at least I'll say that for myself...I'm not sure about the others). I actually thought that between Lommy and Kath, Kath would more likely be Gifted (but definitely not a Seer since she was so off about Rune ). Then Mac suggested she might be the Hunter, and that scared the crap out of me. I spent the hours after submitting the kill second-guessing myself, wondering if we should've taken the risk with Rune. So yes, we really were lucky.
Old 05-26-2007, 03:42 AM   #520
Volo

Silmaril

Quote:
As Volo said. I felt like we weren't really deserving our success.
Never than! You did deserve it!