The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2003, 09:55 AM   #1
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting It's Here! Return of the King Trailer

OneRing has the Return of the King trailer. Be forwarned, it's a 10 meg download but well worth it.<P>I'll leave the discussion until more people have seen it.<P>***MAJOR SPOILERS***<P><A HREF="http://img-nex.theonering.net/movies/rotk_768.mov" TARGET=_blank>http://img-nex.theonering.net/movies/rotk_768.mov</A><P>H.C.
Old 07-30-2003, 10:33 AM   #2
peonydeepdelver
Shade of Carn Dûm

peonydeepdelver has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to peonydeepdelver
Shield

Yay! It's downloading now! Thanks HC!<P>Awww, didn't work. <p>[ July 31, 2003: Message edited by: peonydeepdelver ]
"Nazgul, Nazgul! You speak of what is deep beyond the reach of your muddy dreams, Ugluk! Nazgul! Ah! All that they make out! One day you'll wish that you had not said that. Ape! You ought to know that they're the apple of the Great Eye." ~Grishnakh
peonydeepdelver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 11:04 AM   #3
Lord of Angmar
Tyrannus Incorporalis

Lord of Angmar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hmm for some reason it does not appear to be compatible with my computer. I've tried to download it from <A HREF="http://www.theonering.net" TARGET=_blank>www.theonering.net</A> and from <A HREF="http://www.comingsoon.net." TARGET=_blank>www.comingsoon.net.</A> Any suggestions?
Old 07-30-2003, 11:06 AM   #4
Lord of Angmar
Tyrannus Incorporalis

Sting

Aha! I've defeated my evil computer! It's downloading. Thanks for the info, I have been waiting for the trailer since January!
Old 07-30-2003, 12:08 PM   #5
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

*hugs HC*<BR>Oh dear lordie...thank you! I was so disappointed when the other trailer wasn't available (a while ago; One Ring shut it down, remember) so this is SO GOOD! And now I wait.
Horse-Maiden of the Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 12:40 PM   #6
Arathiriel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arathiriel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arathiriel
Silmaril

*sighs*<P>Well it certainly didn't take those turkeys long to learn that theonering.net had it up as they had to remove it from their servers! I am more than a <B>LITTLE</B> ticked with TPTB at the moment as they make us <B>WAIT FOREVER AND TEN DAYS</B> for this trailer and when someone finally get it they can't let us enjoy hardly an hour before its gone!<P><B>GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR<BR>RR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR<BR>RRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR<BR>RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRR<BR>RRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! <BR>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<BR>!!!!!! !!! <BR></B> <p>[ July 30, 2003: Message edited by: Arathiriel ]
Old 07-30-2003, 01:04 PM   #7
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

I don't think it is avaliable anymore. On TORn they were asked by New Line to remove it. And I couldn't seem to find it anywhere on Coming Soon either.
Old 07-30-2003, 01:41 PM   #8
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

Sting

Yup, it's gone.<P>I'm not surprised it was shut down, but man that was fast. Hopefully a number of people where able to download it before New Line swooped in.<P>Editted to add: Here's a bit of a transcript of the trailer I put together.<P>***SPOILERS***<P>Shot of The Ring on the palm of a dirt covered hand (Frodo's?). Cut to Gollum leading Frodo and Sam through woods at night.<P>Pippin (voice over): Is there any hope, Gandalf, for Frodo and Sam.<P>Gandalf (voice over): There never was much hope ...<P>Cut to Pippin looking melancholy. Looks up. Cut to Gandalf looking at Pippin.<P>Gandalf (continuing): ... Just a fool's hope.<P>Cut to dirt covered Frodo looking up and struggling to climb. Cut to Merry. He's holding someone's hand (Pippin) who is obviously on a horse.<P>Merry: We shall see The Shire again.<P>Cut to a sad and confused looking Pippin who hesitantly nods. Cut to Gandalf riding Shadowfax through dark woods (I suspect Pippin is with him). Flash of the Eye of Sauron and then mustering Orcs. Cut to Faramir.<P>Faramir: My Lord, Osgiliath is over run.<P>Cut to men (orcs?) running through the streets of a burning city. Cut to Eowyn looking distant.<P>Theoden (voice over): I would have you smile again, ...<P>cut to Theoden.<P>Theoden (continuing): ... not grieve for those who's time has come.<P>Cut to a Gondorian soldier holding a wounded comrade. Gandalf is in the background. Cut to Aragorn looking defeated. Cut to Gandalf.<P>Gandalf: The board is set ...<P>As Gandalf continues in voice over, scenes change to Gondorian archers taking aim, orcs pulling large war engine, Aragorn in Gondorian armour leading the Host of the West from Minas Tirith. Gandalf a top Shadowfax as he climbs stairs to the battlements of Minas Tirith. Camera tracks over the wall to the army of the Enemy below.<P>Gandalf (voice over, continuing): ... pieces are moving. We come to it at last - the great battle of our time.<P>Cut to Gondorian calvary charging. Cut to orcs attacking the gates with a large battering ram. Cut to either a machine of war or a chunk of wall coming down on battlements and doing significant damage. Cut to combat on the streets of burning Minas Tirith. Cut to Nazgul swooping down on the battlements, knocking off a soldier. Cut to Sam and Frodo.<P>Sam: You don't see it do you?<P>Cut to Gollum talking to his reflection in a pool.<P>Gollum: Precious will be ours ...<P>Cut to catapults launching flaming balls which go over the wall and land in the city.<P>Cut to a disoriented Frodo.<P>Sam (voice over - continuing): ... He's leading us into a trap.<P>Cut to Frodo running through cobweb covered tunnels.<P>Cut back to Gollum by the pool.<P>Gollum (continuing): ...once the hobbitses are dead.<P>He drops a stone into the pool.<P>Cut to Aragorn and Legolas in caves.<P>Cut to soldiers charging.<P>Soldier (voice over - it may be Eomer or Theoden): Ride, now! ...<P>Cut to Legolas taking aim.<P>Soldier (voice over continuing): ... Ride for ruin ...<P>Cut to Aragorn in Gondorian armer charging.<P>Soldier (voice over continuing): ... and the world ending!<P>Cut to more soldiers charging and then to a beauty shot of Gandalf rounding a corner on Shadowfax as a Nazgul lands in front of him.<P>Title: The Lord of the Rings - The Return of the King<P>December 2003<P>H.C.<p>[ July 30, 2003: Message edited by: HCIsland ]
Old 07-30-2003, 01:58 PM   #9
Iarwain
Pugnaciously Primordial Paradox

Iarwain has just left Hobbiton.
Boots

Anyone know of a way to get it?
Old 07-30-2003, 01:58 PM   #10
Olorin
Wight

Olorin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Olorin
Ring

Drat! I find this out too late, for it's already gone. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait.
Old 07-30-2003, 02:30 PM   #11
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Luckily I was able to watch it before New Line ruined my fun. Ooh...now I want to see the whole thing even more. Ack! *runs and reads RotK*
Horse-Maiden of the Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 02:48 PM   #12
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Tigerlily Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily Gamgee
Silmaril

Now that's some good stuff!<BR>I can't wait till it makes it to the theatres... it must not be too far off now if it's complete.
Tigerlily Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 03:00 PM   #13
Roccotari Eldandil
Haunting Spirit

Roccotari Eldandil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Would someone (pleasepleaseplease!) e-mail it to me? (I can't find it on either site! GRR!) nosedive@att.net I promise, no spam or forwarded stuff!<p>[ July 30, 2003: Message edited by: Roccotari Eldandil ]
Old 07-30-2003, 03:01 PM   #14
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

OMG, that sounds like such a good trailer...and such good dialogue!!! The part with Pippin talking about Frodo and Sam and then Frodo and Sam on their way to Mordor!! Oh, it makes me want to see the movie so bad! The bad thing is though, I'm not aloud to download anything on my comp, so I can't see the trailer. Oh, I hope they have real player trailers soon!!!
Eruwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 05:50 PM   #15
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Eye

Why didn't I get up earlier today , Oh my gosh! That dialogue is so wonderful. I can't wait to see that. Lucky all you people who did
Old 07-30-2003, 05:51 PM   #16
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

Drattit! I downloaded it at work, but my darned computer wouldn't play it. And by the time I get home, I find that it has been removed. <P>Thanks for the transcript, HC. Some of those scenes sound great. The siege of Minas Tirith and the Battle of the Pelennor sound (I wish I could say look) fantastic. I wonder how much of the Gandalf voice over is simply for the trailer, though.<P>Interesting too that Jackson has Sam thinking that Gollum leading them into a trap. As I recall, they don't realise this in the Book until they are already caught in it.
Old 07-30-2003, 06:03 PM   #17
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

Could someone possibly send me the file? Perhaps someone can PM me for my email and send it to me that way.

Last edited by Meela; 11-27-2004 at 06:47 AM.
Meela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 07:33 PM   #18
Enorëiel
Wight

Enorëiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Noooooooo!!!! Why me? Dang it! Why did I have to log on so late? The dialouge is great but that just makes me even more anxious to watch the trailer!!!! Any ideas on when it will 'offically' be out?????

Whoever said "Nothing is impossible" never tried to slam a revolving door.
Enorëiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 07:49 PM   #19
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

Sting

Word has it there will be a trailer on the Two Towers DVD. I'm assuming this will be the one. Jackson says the trailer will be in theaters in September.<P>Now that this file is out there, I suspect it will be popping up on sites and will be screen-capped. I'd keep looking.<P>H.C.
Old 07-30-2003, 07:52 PM   #20
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Tigerlily Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily Gamgee
Silmaril

PM me... that's all I'm saying
Tigerlily Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 07:58 PM   #21
Luthien_ Tinuviel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Luthien_ Tinuviel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Luthien_ Tinuviel Send a message via MSN to Luthien_ Tinuviel
Sting

Argh! If only I had been able to be online for the hour that it was up! Oh well. <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> PM me... that's all I'm saying <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Same here, if you find anything. As long as you don't mind.

You know what? I love Mip.
Luthien_ Tinuviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 08:12 PM   #22
Iarwain
Pugnaciously Primordial Paradox

Iarwain has just left Hobbiton.
Boots

Well, I've seen it now. I already have complaints. The Pellenor Fields are too desolate, the battle is too bright, and Frodo looks like an absolute idiot with his face covered with mud. My friends, we are in for a brief, brief summation of the final installment. That is all the griping material this trailer has provided me with, so I'll make some compliments. The nazgul are done excellently, as is Gollum and Shelob's Lair, and the Citidel in Minas Tirith. But, with the ridiculous waste of the Pellenor Fields as a background, the city looks ridiculous. It ought to be nighttime when they ram the gates, which are much smaller than they ought to be.<P>Finished,<BR>Iarwain
Old 07-30-2003, 08:26 PM   #23
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

When I went there it said that New Line had asked nicely (something like that) to remove all threads to the trailer. I must be reallly unfortunate.
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 08:44 PM   #24
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Galadrie1 has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Drat it all, I'm too late! The trailer sounds wonderful, though; thanks so much for the transcript, HC! Keep us posted!
"For this is what your folk would call magic, I believe; though I do not understand clearly what they mean; and they seem to use the same word of the deceits of the Enemy. But this, if you will, is the magic of Galadriel."
Galadrie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 08:46 PM   #25
Lord of Angmar
Tyrannus Incorporalis

Sting

The trailer was wonderful! It all looked quite dark and gloomy. But I'm sure the Ride of the Rohirrim will be given plenty of sunshine! I cannot wait for the movie, I hope they release a high-quality (and official) trailer soon.
Old 07-30-2003, 11:19 PM   #26
Theoric Windcaller
Haunting Spirit

Theoric Windcaller has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

hehe, can anyone send it to me through e-mail?
Old 07-31-2003, 12:02 AM   #27
Miraz

Sting

I just saw it on this site.<P><A HREF="http://www.filmhobbit.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=35416#post35416" TARGET=_blank>http://www.filmhobbit.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=35416#post35416</A>
Old 07-31-2003, 01:34 AM   #28
Beruthiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Beruthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Thank you for the site Miraz!<BR>The trailer sounds awesome, thanks for the script so to speack HC!!<P>Its so weird because right at this exact moment I'm listening to the FOTR soundtrack, The Ring goes South and its playing the 'fellowship theme'... perfect timing!!<P>But wait... NO ITS NOT WORKING!!! darn computer!!!!!!! no.........<P>I'll have to try on another computer...
Old 07-31-2003, 08:11 AM   #29
Menelhachwen
Pile O'Bones

Menelhachwen has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Thank you so much, Miraz. As usual, I was late yesterday!
Old 07-31-2003, 08:28 AM   #30
Faramir Fan
Haunting Spirit

Faramir Fan has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Thanks Miraz<P>I was able to watch it yesterday, but silly me, didn't download it on my computer...<P>Now I have it, and it isn't going anywhere...
"A new character has come on the scene (I am sure I did not invent him, I did not even want him, though I like him, but there he came walking into the woods of Ithilien): Faramir, the brother of Boromir..." J.R.R. Tolkien, Letters No. 66
Faramir Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 09:23 AM   #31
peonydeepdelver
Shade of Carn Dûm

peonydeepdelver has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to peonydeepdelver
Shield

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Pippin (voice over): Is there any hope, Gandalf, for Frodo and Sam.<BR>Gandalf (voice over): There never was much hope ...<BR>Cut to Pippin looking melancholy. Looks up. Cut to Gandalf looking at Pippin.<BR>Gandalf (continuing): ... Just a fool's hope.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Awwww, poor Pippin! I just downloaded it from that site Miraz, I'll watch it momentarily... <BR>Thanks for the transcript HC! I also heard that the trailer will be on the TTT DVD. I'm so excited after reading just the transcript... *wishes there was a graemlin with wide eyes and mouth to express squeaks of joy* Oh well, this is the closest thing.<BR>
"Nazgul, Nazgul! You speak of what is deep beyond the reach of your muddy dreams, Ugluk! Nazgul! Ah! All that they make out! One day you'll wish that you had not said that. Ape! You ought to know that they're the apple of the Great Eye." ~Grishnakh
peonydeepdelver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 09:57 AM   #32
Lord of Angmar
Tyrannus Incorporalis

Sting

The trailer on the TTT DVD, I believe, will be an official one. The one we saw was pirated. I am still looking forward to the first big trailer released by New Line.
Old 07-31-2003, 11:30 AM   #33
Diamond Green
Pile O'Bones

Diamond Green has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'm downloading it right now, it takes like forever...
Old 07-31-2003, 11:41 AM   #34
Diamond Green
Pile O'Bones

Diamond Green has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I saw it!!!<BR>I'm nearly crying...
Old 07-31-2003, 12:17 PM   #35
Frodo2968thewhite
Haunting Spirit

Frodo2968thewhite has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Frodo2968thewhite
Ring

It's Downloading!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-31-2003, 12:54 PM   #36
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

What did we find out from that post? <BR>HC, thanks for posting it. But I, much though I loved it, don't think they should give us *that* much to wait for. Though the other trailers were too short...<P>Swan song,<BR>-Menelien<p>[ July 31, 2003: Message edited by: GaladrieloftheOlden ]
Old 07-31-2003, 12:56 PM   #37
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Sting

Ohhh, I finally got to see it. It is really great, except for one tiny little problem... It is WAYYY too Short!!!!<P>Other than that it is really cool. I love the part where Pippin asks Gandalf about if there is any hope for Frodo and Sam, that part touched me the most. I don't really think that is for the movie theaters though, it ends so abruptly.
Old 07-31-2003, 02:05 PM   #38
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

<B>*DOWNLOADING!!!*</B><P>OMG, this is so cool! I wasn't expecting to see any kind of trailer for another month!!! Right on!<P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~<P>[EDIT: bloody typos.....]<p>[ July 31, 2003: Message edited by: Sapphire_Flame ]
Old 07-31-2003, 02:07 PM   #39
Novlamothien
Haunting Spirit

Novlamothien has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Oh, my goodness, that was the best thing I have seen in weeks. I hope they have a longer one on the ttt DVD, like they did with FotR. only 26 more days!!<P>Namarie
Old 07-31-2003, 02:10 PM   #40
Lord of Angmar
Tyrannus Incorporalis

Sting

I saved the file (in case those tricky New Liners decided to crack down on ALL of the sites). If you give me your e-mail address, Meela (or anyone else who requests it), I will be kindly obliged to send it to you. If you know of a faster way for me to send the file, I'd be glad to do that also.