Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2002, 06:59 PM   #121
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

The Barrow-Wight is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1420!

An obviously inebriated Barrow-Wight stumbled roughly into each guest as he trudged slowly towards the door of his barrow. His oft-emptied mug made its last journey to his swollen lips and was then cast roughly aside, knocking poor Gimli senseless but saving Elenna from a prank the dwarf was about to pull on her. The lonely wightish arm hung listlessly, its fingers opening and closing as if grasping for its recently lost beer glass. He turned at the stone door of his tomb and looked out the the remaining revelers.

Too many, he thought blearily. Twas a time when I’d have abdu…..I would have sacri…. no…. not tonight.

The ghastly wight raised his hand high above his head and gestured wildly for the attention of the partiers.

“Oh no,” groaned twinkle, knowing the inevitable speech was coming.

“I hope it’s short,” muttered piosenniel to no one in perticular.

The Barrow-Wight spoke.

I have brought you all here for a purpose. Three purposes, really.

First, I am immensely fond of you all, and two years is too short a time to stalk all of you around the Downs, haunting your post with the spectre of deletion. I don’t like half of you a third as much as three-fourths think they deserve, and I think about the same about the remaining fifth of you. So there!

Secondly, to celebrate the birthday of The Barrow-Downs! Yee haw!!! Did I say that? Together we are not 144, but you are all gross. Very.

Thirdly, and finally, I wish to make an ANNOUNCEMENT. I regret to announce that this is the end. I will now sacrifi…..ummm…. I mean, I am going now. Good-bye.

With that final phrase The Barrow-Wight fell backwards into his barrow and landed in a crumpled pile on the floor.

“That is one trashed wight,” said Marileangorifurnimaluim (say that three times fast!)

“Let’s party,” shouted Mithadan.

[ May 20, 2002: Message edited by: The Barrow-Wight ]
Old 05-20-2002, 07:04 PM   #122
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Galadrie1 has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Galadriel waves good-bye to Barrow-Wight. She would be trying to figure out what he meant by all that three-fourths and a half thing, but she decides she had better listen to Mithadan, and starts party-ing (which, for Galadriel, includes running around in circles, jumping up and down, and drinking lots of wine).
"For this is what your folk would call magic, I believe; though I do not understand clearly what they mean; and they seem to use the same word of the deceits of the Enemy. But this, if you will, is the magic of Galadriel."
Old 05-20-2002, 07:11 PM   #123
Laiedheliel
Haunting Spirit

Location: A roaming Middle-Earth wanderer in the guise of a Ranger
Laiedheliel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Laiedheliel
Sting

Laiedheliel drained her mirovur and had Galadriel refill her glass with wine, which was immediately drained, and she danced with Galadriel in circles while the BW made his speech. The part about the fifth and three-fourths really sent her through a loop, so she figured she had not yet had enough to drink to understand. In her twirlings she happened upon Cimmerian, and he whisked her off in a clumsy, entertaining dance that gave her the giggles. He was obviously more intoxicated that she! He went off to the refreshment table for more drinks, and Laie went off in search of a new partner...
Old 05-20-2002, 07:18 PM   #124
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

The Barrow-Wight is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
The Eye

The Barrow-Wight crawled to his phone and dialed 9-11.

"Hello, this is the Shiriff, do you have an emergency?"

"You bet I do! My lawn is full of underage hobbits drinking alcohol and behaving like a pack of Brandybucks at a wake. Like a whole gross of 'em! And I haven't been able tosleep a wink all night. And i think one of them has a weapon."

"We'll be right over!"

"Heh. Heh. I might not be able to abduct and sacrifice them, but I can at least get them arrested."

With that, he slithered back to the furthest recesses of his tomb and fell into a death-like trance.
Old 05-20-2002, 07:19 PM   #125
ElanorGamgee
Shade of Carn Dûm

ElanorGamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Elanor, too, is baffled by the two-thirds-one-half-one-fifth thing. She trys to figure it out and calculate the probability that she is in the whatever percent of people the Barrow-Wight does like, the probability that she is in percent he does not like, and the probability *shudder* that she is in percent he wants to abduct and sacrifice. So many numbers, so little time. Still looking for a dance partner. With a sigh she guzzles a Dr.Pepper and returns to her calculations.

[ May 20, 2002: Message edited by: ElanorGamgee ]
Old 05-20-2002, 07:24 PM   #126
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Galadriel spins her way to Elanor. "you don't look like your having enough fun" she says, pulling away any tools Elanor was using for her calculations. "here, have some wine," she adds, and pulls a bottle from some pocket on her dress. "oh, one more thing. you don't need a partner to dance. it's much more fun by yourself!" these last words are hard to understand because Galadriel has started twirling around again...

[ May 20, 2002: Message edited by: Galadrie1 ]
"For this is what your folk would call magic, I believe; though I do not understand clearly what they mean; and they seem to use the same word of the deceits of the Enemy. But this, if you will, is the magic of Galadriel."
Old 05-20-2002, 07:29 PM   #127
Thinhyandoiel
Wight

Thinhyandoiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Thinhyandoiel
Eye

Still stunned from the super-dress of Galadriel, Thinhyandoiel barely had enough time to whip out her math notes in order to understand the Barrow-Wight's (There he is!!) speech.

"Drat. He's gone. Oh well!" Lifting her can of Safe Dr.Pepper, she toasts the now empty spot where he once stood. "No idea what you said, but it was well-said!" She takes a deep gulp of her drink and then throws the can away (in a recycable recepticle of course! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]). Turning, she nearly falls over laughing as Galadriel spins past her dancing with her wine bottle.

"I don't think that was 'safe' Dr. Pepper after all!"
Old 05-20-2002, 07:29 PM   #128
Marileangorifurnimaluim
Eerie Forest Spectre

Marileangorifurnimaluim has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

A Party?! This is a festival!!

Maril shades her eyes and looks over the crowd, to pavillion after pavillion of food, entertainment.. she is unsuprised to see men of Far Harad arrive on oliphaunts, though whether as entertainment or guests it's hard to say. Both, seemingly.

She spots the helpful psychologist, in sudden grave danger from the BW. Maril draws her own tiny sword - a two-handed tapered blade modeled after the one the Knights Templar used - which at this size looks like a kind of deadly swizzle stick, and tries to demonstrate: "defend the left! No! Right knee forward - Lean into your attacker! It's like skiing!"

She winces.
"Ooo.. that must've hurt..."

Well, at least the Barrow-Wight is satiated for a time.

I'll bet the shrink would've done better if she had something other than a Cross pen.

Just goes to show, the pen is not mightier than the sword.

Maril suddenly looks around - waitaminute, time slip - this happened ten minutes ago, before the BW passed out. But this isn't a Star Trek forum..

At the mention of the name "Marileangorifurnimaluim" Maril returns to life-size, just as she says the words 'Star Trek.' 14 hobbits leap on her, and carry her off in chains.

Let's just hope the police get her soon...

[ May 20, 2002: Message edited by: Marileangorifurnimaluim ]
Old 05-20-2002, 07:32 PM   #129
ElanorGamgee
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

"You're right!" says Elanor, spinning around in circles with Galadriel. Suddenly the hunted Legalos steps out from behind a tree, looking as if he is listening to something far off. "There is a fell voice on the air," he says. Suddenly the members of the party stop to listen to the sirens in the distance, which are slowly becoming louder and louder. "It's the police!" someone shouts.
Old 05-20-2002, 07:33 PM   #130
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Galadriel, still spinning, sees some oliphaunts out of the corner of her eye. "oh, neat-o!" she exclaims, earning her a few odd glances from a group of hobbits. She stops spinning, and falls over because she is soooo dizzy. she holds her wine bottle close to her, making sure it doesn't get broken. "it'll be alright," she whispers softly to the bottle...
far off, she hears some one yell something about police, but she's too dizzy to stand up..

Old 05-20-2002, 07:43 PM   #131
Thinhyandoiel
Wight

Eye

"How...original! What an entrance!" Thinhyandoiel smiles when she spots the Haradhrim parading in on Oliphaunts. Deciding to finally let go and enjoy herself, the dark elven woman grabs the nearest hobbit she can find and joins in a new congo line, oblivious to the approaching sounds.
Old 05-20-2002, 07:47 PM   #132
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Galadriel, who had never been able to pass up the chance to be in a congo line, shoves the wine bottle back in some pocket on her dress, grabs Thinhyandoiel by the waist, and staggers along in the line, still kind of dizzy, and still not caring about those people shouting about police or something...
in the line, she looks in awe at the really long run-on sentence she just wrote...
Old 05-20-2002, 07:51 PM   #133
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
The Eye

OH-NO! OH-NO! They're on to me! Somebody hide me! I've got to get outta here!

And I wasn't the one who spiked the Dr. Pepper!!!!

And make sure that you tell them that I had nothing to do with letting the mamuks out of their pen!

Oh! And mention that I wasn't the one that brought the pet dragon!

(takes his pet dragon and dives behind a tent and disappears from view.)
Old 05-20-2002, 07:55 PM   #134
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
(sticks his head out from behind the tent)

Quote:
she looks in awe at the really long run-on sentence she just wrote...
That happens when you've had as much to drink as you have. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-20-2002, 07:58 PM   #135
Thinhyandoiel
Wight

Eye

As the congo line gets longer, Thinhyandoiel notices the hobbit infront of her trying to run away!

"What are you doing?" she asks.
"Ale! Ale!" He cries and finally makes a mad dash for the keg, in effect dragging Thinhyandoiel, Galadriel and everyone else behind her with him. Trying to remain inconspicuous, Legolas joins the congo line, hoping it will provide as a serving disguise/hiding place from fangirls/shirrifs.

Thin gives Kuruharan a suspicious glare as he dives into a nearby tent, crying something about spiking the Dr. Pepper, but is so engrossed in the congo line heading for the keg that she soon forgets about it.
Old 05-20-2002, 07:59 PM   #136
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Galadriel jumps out of the congo line and glares at Kuruharan. "i have not *hic* had a lot to drink!" she pulls out two empty wine bottles from some pocket in her dress. "just this much! *hic*" she quickly dives out of the way as 10248 screaming girls run in the direction of the congo line. "now, i wonder what that's all about?" she thinks...

Old 05-20-2002, 08:03 PM   #137
ElanorGamgee
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

"Of course you didn't spike the Dr.Pepper, Kuruharan. How foolish of me to say so," Elanor says with a wink. Hearing the sirens nearing, she quicky begins searching for a good hiding place.
Old 05-20-2002, 08:03 PM   #138
Thinhyandoiel
Wight

Eye

"Wait a sec...." Thinhyandoiel has been running the Barrow-Wight's speech over in her head again and noticed for the first time he called everyone gross!! Very! "How rude!" She wrinkles her nose and drags the hobbit away from the keg before he can fill his mug.
Old 05-20-2002, 08:05 PM   #139
Thinhyandoiel
Wight

Eye

The sound of fanatical screams has Thinhyandoiel turning her head, just in time to see Legolas running off flailing his arms wildly. Suddenly, she suddenly becomes aware of the approaching sirens. "Uh....oh."
Old 05-20-2002, 08:08 PM   #140
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Galadriel hears sirens in the distance. "o *hic* dear.." she moans, and stuffs the wine bottles back in the pocket some where on her dress. she runs to her tree, and climbs up into some of the lower branches...
Old 05-20-2002, 08:13 PM   #141
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Standing on a small hillock in the dark, a glass of shiraz wine swirling in a crystal goblet, piosenniel watches the group of serious faced hobbits approach the party grounds. A shiriff and his hedge-lieutenants, torches blazing against the darkening night sky. The flames catch in the facets of the crystal and reflect back in a riot of color toward the wide-eyed hobbits.

Seeing something, perhaps a monster trying to hypnotize them with a light show, the shiriff calls out in an official voice - 'You there, stand forth and show yourself!'

Being an obedient elven maiden, piosenniel stands forth, waving her hand at the hobbits as she drains the wine. 'Welcome, welcome to the birthday party.' she cries. You're just in time! I've just seen two wagons come through hauling kegs of the best ales from the Prancing Pony and the Green Dragon. Not to mention Farmer Maggot who's come in with a several large sacks of mushrooms and tomatoes. I think he and Mrs. Maggot are setting up over at the cook tent and plan to serve on of their specials. If you hurry you're sure to get a plate and a pint or two!'

'Now see here, young miss.' says the shiriff.'We've come about a complaint of underage drinking and carousing going on here abouts. What about that!'

'Well, I haven't actually seen any of that going on, sir. & as for myself, I'm plenty old enough to be drinking . . . & carousing - all in a sane and legal way , of course!'

'Sir, sir' came several hobbit voices from behind the shirrif. 'We can smell them mushrooms frying and the taste for a pint has got us. Let's check out the eats and drink area for any unlawful activities. This party looks like it will be going strong for a while - let's look for those other problems later.' 'Yeah, much later!' came the eager assent from the entire group.

'Well, gentle hobbits, allow me to show you the way to the party . . . er, miscreants . . . or whatever you'ld like to call them. & thanks for bringing the torches, they'll make for nice lighting at the dance area!'

[ May 20, 2002: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 05-20-2002, 08:16 PM   #142
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

...and promptly falls off. Right onto the tent that Kuruharan and Chrysophylax were using as cover.

"Oh-no! (again) My cover is blown! Quick, Chrysophylax, hide behind the stampeding herd of mamuks that are coming!!!"

Kuruharan runs for cover, while Chryso gives him an odd look and flies off into the sunset.

"Drat that worm! I knew I couldn't trust him! Now what'll I do?!"

(P.S. Out of character comment, but this post is supposed to go after Galadriel's last post. I at least have not had too much to drink tonight! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] )

[ May 20, 2002: Message edited by: Kuruharan ]
Old 05-20-2002, 08:17 PM   #143
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Galadriel hops down from her tree and runs over to piosenniel. "thanks for handling them!!" she says. "how about some wine to celebrate?" she asks, pulling a bottle of wine from some pocket on her dress. but before piosenniel can take any wine, Galadriel is spinning around again, clutching the bottle for dear life...
Old 05-20-2002, 08:26 PM   #144
Daisy Sandybanks
Wight

Daisy Sandybanks has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Daisy Sandybanks Send a message via Yahoo to Daisy Sandybanks
Pipe

The tangy smell of cooked meats and sweet Ale drifts past a weary, wandering Hobbit’s
nose, as she comes to the top of a grassy knoll. Shading her eyes from the bright sun, the fury-footed Hobbit, Daisy, gasps at the immense sight before her. Hundreds apon
hundreds of Middle Earth creatures (some of which she had never laid eye’s apon before)
are spred out amoung various tables and tents. Daisy had heard rumors of a party in this area, but had never taken the time to ponder the emense size of what it would be.
Smiling to herself and picking up the bottom of her frilly skirt, she hurries down the
small hill to join the others in this seemingly excited gathering of creatures. Bright eyed and now bursting with curiosity, Daisy makes her way through the bustling crowd.
Finding, to her great surprise and delight, many familiar faces amoungst all the strangers, she begins to relax a bit, helping herself to a cool mug of ale. Feeling a bit exhausted from all the excitment, Daisy finds a nearby tree to rest apon. Sitting down at the base,
and leaning up against the rough surface of its trunk, she sets her mug of ale besides her in the grass, and finds a comfortable position to rest in.
Closing her eyes, she quietly listens to the soft murmur of nearby voices, and falls into a dream-like state, mumbling to herself, “yes.......yes, I quite like it here...” before nodding off into a deep, peaceful sleep.
Old 05-20-2002, 08:31 PM   #145
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Galadriel stands in front of Daisy "of course she falls asleep just when i was about to offer her some wine!" she puts the bottle back into the mystery pocket and spins off into the crowd, nearly hitting the hobbit-sheriff.
Old 05-20-2002, 08:31 PM   #146
Laiedheliel
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Laiedheliel absentmindedly wonders where Galadriel got all that wine, let alone how she can still spin around and around and around so fast with it all in her dress. Hearing the sirens, Laie had taken a seat on a bench with a full bottle of yummy mirovur to watch the Hobbit Sheriffs try to spot all the underage drinkers at the B-Day party. The BW had disapeared somewhere or other, and now that the police had joined the party, Laie was bored and alone. Why did this always happen at parties? Deciding she either had to leave or start having some fun, Laie drained her glass the to BW and started to spin joyously around with Galadriel, but she still kept her eye out for a dance partner...
Old 05-20-2002, 08:36 PM   #147
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

piosenniel watches incredulously the swirling figure before her. 'Amazing how she can do that and not have the desire to upchuck the entire bottle, or two, or was that three. Simply amazing!'

Placing a firm grip on the twirling maiden, she brings her round to face her and holds out her goblet. 'Some wine, if you please! Thank you! Now go have some more fun, but remember to stay far away from the eating area.'

She watches as the young one, called by some passing friends, fades into the darkness. 'Enough of heading off danger for tonight. Time for a look about to see what trouble I can get into!' Pulling her grey cloak about her, piosenniel heads into the velvet night, ready to be amused . . .

[ May 20, 2002: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 05-20-2002, 08:37 PM   #148
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Galadriel grabs Laiedheliel's hands, and spins around with her, Titanic style (you know, when jack and rose cross hands and spin around?). "i don't know how i keep spinning around, Laiedheliel!!" she exclaims, "it must be cuz my dress has magical powers *hic*." she lets go of one of Laiedheliel's hands and grabs a bottle of wine from the mystery pocket. "want some? *hic*" she asks. "It's more fun drinking it *hic* if you're spinning!" she quickly pours some into piosenniel's goblet as well...

Old 05-20-2002, 08:53 PM   #149
Laiedheliel
Haunting Spirit

Sting

"Yes, please!" she cries. Laie laughs heartily and takes a big swig of wine from Galadriel, overjoyed she finally found some friends to hang out with. She could feel the hiccups coming on also, what was in this wine? It didn't really matter, so she and Galadriel started to spin again and piosenniel went off to find some trouble.
Old 05-20-2002, 08:54 PM   #150
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Question

(creeps out from the tree line)

Is it safe?

*Whew!*

Well, I must be off! I have to chase after that pet dragon of mine. He's after rabbits again I fancy, or having more unpleasant runins with farmers.

(takes off hood and bows in best dwarf fashion)

Good even fair people! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

And I didn't spike the Dr. Pepper!!!

[ May 20, 2002: Message edited by: Kuruharan ]
Old 05-20-2002, 08:56 PM   #151
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Galadriel laughs with Laie. "i don't know what's in the wine," she says, still spinning. "it just appears in some pocket in my Magic Dress. *hic* here," she says, pulling out yet another bottle, "u can have your own! *hic*"
Old 05-20-2002, 08:58 PM   #152
Thinhyandoiel
Wight

Eye

Breathing a sigh of relief at the sudden change in the Shirrif's attitude, Thinhyandoiel finally let's herself crawl out from under the keg that she had ducked under at their appearance.
Now wandering aimlessly around the grounds, Thinhyandoiel wonders where the Barrow-Wight actually went and still ponders his mathematical insult.
She starts to hum the first few lines from "Strider Man."
Old 05-20-2002, 08:58 PM   #153
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Location: Five-hundred-twenty-five thousand, six hundred minutes from here
Ithaeliel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ithaeliel
Silmaril

Ithaeliel arrives at the party. "Sorry I'm late! I had something to attend to... Galadriel, you don't look so good." Galadriel pulls out a wine bottle and hands it to Ithaeliel. She stares at it quizzically, being a tea totaler. "Um, thank you."
Now everyone at the party who knows Ithaeliel also knows she has never tried a drop of wine in her life. They start to chant: "Chug! Chug! Chug! Chug! Chug! Chug!" and Ithaeliel looks around, embarrassed. "Do I have to?"
Old 05-20-2002, 09:02 PM   #154
Laiedheliel
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Laie laughed and took a swig from her own bottle. "Go ahead *hic*! Oh, no, Galadriel, your hiccups are spreading! *hic* Ithaeliel, the wine is really quite good! Have some and come spin with us!" and with another wild laugh, and if it were possible according to the laws of physics, Laie and Galadriel began to spin even faster! She was having soooooo much fun! Thank You, Barrow-Wight!
Old 05-20-2002, 09:02 PM   #155
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Galadriel stops spinning to chant "Chug!" at Ithaeliel. she feels very very dizzy, and starts to sway back and forth. she hugs Laie. "thanx for the great spin!" she says to her "but i must get some rest.."

Galadriel walks back to her tree, and sits under it, resting her back against the trunk. she closes her eyes, and falls asleep. She begins to dream:

she is a teenage girl, who has to go to bed, and then to school. she'll try to get back to the party later, if it's still going on after school...
Old 05-20-2002, 09:07 PM   #156
Thinhyandoiel
Wight

Eye

In the middle of her song, Thinhyandoiel is surprised when a small pet dragon runs past her and into a grove of trees. Remember Kuruharan, she resolves to find the little dragon and runs after it. Thus, leaving the party for an indeterminable amount of time as the little dragon is veeeeeeeeery sneaky! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

(I'll be back tomorrow, if the thread is still open, and I shall have the little dragon!) [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 05-20-2002, 09:11 PM   #157
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Silmaril

Ithaeliel finally gives in to temptation and chugs the bottle. "Oh! This is some good stuff! I think I'll just spin a little... *hic*" (She drank too fast.)So here are Ithaeliel and Laie, spinning round and round, being quite drunk, for Ithaeliel discovers she is very sensitive to alcohol. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 05-20-2002, 09:29 PM   #158
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Silmaril

Ithaeliel suddenly feels faint and goes over to sleep with Galadriel. She has a nightmare that her EOCs are tomorrow, and she has to study...

See ya! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 05-20-2002, 09:48 PM   #159
Gimli Son Of Gloin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Gimli Son Of Gloin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Gimli finally retreats from the barrel of ale and staggers over to the table with all the drunks. He joins in their game of "Spin the Bottle". Gimli spins and has to kiss- The Barrow Wight ( )
Old 05-20-2002, 09:56 PM   #160
Arladwen Brandybuck

Ring

Just slips in for a moment Sniker slightly Slips out as quick as she Came in."I didn't see a thing" Smriks