The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2014, 01:32 PM   #401
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Coppermirror is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Kitanna:
In favour of voting her:
Ah. Her Day #2 Enca vote that could have been an attempt to set up an alternative to a Mac (or Inzil) lynch. If somebody was trying to save him, it was most likely to be her.
Possible "no lions" Lionish slip about G55's posts.
Mixed points: Mac puts her on his Day 1 suspicious list, but says it's flimsy - good cover for her?
He continues to hedge at #131 about her and others.
Kit makes lots of mixed statements about Mac's guilt and non-guilt.
At #179 Mac might be trying to suggest one of Kit, Boro and Rikae was dreamed innocent.
Against voting her:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Lommy had been talking about people rushing to defend Kit from left and right the whole game even if she hadn't been suspected heavily at all. Answering my query about who those would have been she gave a list which is as follows: Mac, Cop, Encai, Nog, Rikae.

Now Mac was a lion - but Kit tried to run for Encai I myself had been suspecting for other reasons. And Lommy was hoping to vote for Kit or Encai, not willing to vote Mac. Very interesting mess indeed!
This has caught my eye. I'm going to re-evaluate my suspicions.
Most suspicious: Kit and Lommy
Medium suspicion: Eomer and Lottie
(rest of list as before)

I'm going to vote for either Kit or Lommy, but I haven't decided which yet.

Edit: crossed since Lottie at #297
Coppermirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 01:33 PM   #402
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I wanted to stick around longer, but this internet thing means I should vote while I can.

I'm really not convinced about Kit by any means, but I don't have anyone that I'd feel more comfortable voting. Her voting has been safe, and there was the infamous "slip", and the stuff with Mac...

++Kit
Old 06-29-2014, 01:34 PM   #403
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I have the feeling everyone is just waiting in the wings to see how people are going to vote, so I suppose I should just go ahead and do it.

++Kitanna

In addition to points that Greenie, Nogrod, and Lommy have made, she was a Skip voter, and I think it's weird how she latched on to a silly comment of mine.

EDIT: Yep, here come the votes. Cross-posted with Boro, Gil, Cop, and Inzil.

Last edited by Encaitare; 06-29-2014 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Cross-posted with a bunch
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 01:34 PM   #404
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Do I read some contempt here?
Contempt?? Consult you dictionary, sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote
Lommy: She's been pretty cautious and quiet this game.
Cautious and quiet, me? Are you reading the thread at all?

Nog, interesting notions about wagons. Not sure if they tell us much, though. This game is quite big so people have been seemingly trying to avoid spreading the vote too much and thus what might have been single random votes in smaller games have been random miniwagons in this game? Maybe?

edit: xed with everyone after Boro
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 01:35 PM   #405
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I am inclined to vote....

Lommy - My biggest warning light is for her comment on Dun vs. Mac (where she feels Dun would be a better choice but votes Kit after saying she's not keen on voting either of the lads), which to me seems like avoiding candidates for her own reasons, something that looks not great in light of the fact that we now know Mac was a wolf. My pet theory about that at the moment is that Lommy knew Dun to be an innocent, but suspected Kit might be gifted and tried to make a run at eliminating her instead. Also for the bad vibes I am getting from her posts toDay, particularly how she tells us to focus on Mac's wolfishness rather than the Night kill. Using a dead wolf's words against him is useful, certainly, but Night kills can also be telling, and I feel her push away from that is something to be concerned about.

Copper - Not going to lie, this is for entirely grudge-based reasons.

Prince Boro - He has been oddly quiet (though with this deadline I'm not entirely surprised), and what he has said seems oddly....cautious, perhaps? I'm not sure how to describe it, but I feel he's hiding something, and at this point I'm more inclined to think he is hiding guilt rather than innocence, partly for reasons I'm a bit too rushed to corroborate.

Rikae - This is based mostly on gut, but also because of her comment in this post where she says she thought Mac might have a special role. This of course leads me to believe her bear rather than wolf (as why would she say that as a wolf unless she were playing a very bold game and were willing to throw poor Mac under the bus in such a grotesque fashion, something I believe her capable of but simply don't think was necessary), but reducing the Night kills improves our chances against the wolves, so ridding ourselves of the werebear is still a priority.

I am inclined to trust....

Nog - Apart from his vote on Day 1, which makes me think him innocent-ish anyway, I honestly feel more quiet players would be dead by now if Nog were a wolf (or the werebear, for that matter), because reindeer irritate the man so.

Eomer - See that which was discussed earlier toDay, which I believe a wolf or an Eobear would have avoided.

Kit - Despite what others have claimed of her, I feel she would be more of a smooth criminal (I regret nothing) than she has played herself to be thus far. That could be a trap, of course, but that's where my mind currently stands. (Also see notes on Lommy above.)

Dun - I don't think Lommy would be sloppy enough to introduce another candidate if the two front runners were her packmates. Seriously, that's kind of it. If I am proven wrong about either Dun or Lommy, the other will almost certainly switch categories, but Lommy is my stronger feeling at present.

I am inclined to ignore....

Everyone else - Because there's simply not enough time to list everyone.

x'd to an insane level
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 01:36 PM   #406
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
What I was trying to say in my former post was then this: there was not only a ZilWagon yesterDay but also a mini EncaiWagon - which interestingly emerged just after MacLion had received his first vote. And I kind of remember there were couple of others voicing some concern on Encai at that time (myself at least, and Lommy or Greenie I think?).

So did Rikae and Kitanna just honestly think Encai looked that suspicious at that time - immediately after Mac's first vote - and just had to vote her then and there (especially Kit's vote aka. the latter one would look a bit dubious)? Or could it be that one of them saw a chance to open up a new Wagon to lessen the stress on Mac?

EDIT: X'd from the votes...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 01:37 PM   #407
WythDryden
Animated Skeleton

WythDryden has just left Hobbiton.
I think I'm ready to put my vote in. After feeling pretty convinced about Mac being a lion, I managed to talk myself out of voting for him yesterDay, and it's fortunate that he got lynched in spite of that. I think when Nog posts:

Quote:
but also to avoid the situation where we need to mull over the same question toMorrow.
he makes a pretty good point.

++Kitanna

Edit: Wow, X'd since Boro #399

Last edited by WythDryden; 06-29-2014 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Fixing quote bracket
WythDryden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 01:37 PM   #408
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

++Kitanna

Edit: crossed since Nog at #406
Old 06-29-2014, 01:38 PM   #409
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I don't really get this "slip" I made. I explained what I meant, but

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
That's basically what I'm thinking - could it be that easy?
No
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil
It was with Mac, but will lightning strike twice?
And it won't.

But please, go ahead and vote for me to assuage your fears. Otherwise you'll never be sure.

++Enca

I stand by my points from yesterday and her vote yesterday was conveniently placed.

I'm sorry I wasn't very vocal today. I had some RL projects to tend to.

Last edited by Kitanna; 06-29-2014 at 01:38 PM. Reason: fixing vote
Kitanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 01:39 PM   #410
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
++Kit

For the reasons I mentioned in my earlier post.

EDIT: xed since Wythy D
Old 06-29-2014, 01:40 PM   #411
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
Prince Boro - He has been oddly quiet (though with this deadline I'm not entirely surprised), and what he has said seems oddly....cautious, perhaps? I'm not sure how to describe it, but I feel he's hiding something, and at this point I'm more inclined to think he is hiding guilt rather than innocence, partly for reasons I'm a bit too rushed to corroborate.
Cautious? Not toDay at least, with his loud defense of Kitanna and attack against me.

Also, I agree that it's better to find out about

++Kitanna

(plus if I'm the other vote candidate, even more reason to go for her)

edit: xed with Kit and Lottie
Old 06-29-2014, 01:42 PM   #412
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I think killing Kit would be a horrible, horrible mistake.

++Lommy
Old 06-29-2014, 01:43 PM   #413
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post

++Lommy
Thanks Sally, I'll be sure not to haunt you
Old 06-29-2014, 01:43 PM   #414
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Contempt?? Consult you dictionary, sir.
Oops, sorry. Discontent was what I meant...
Old 06-29-2014, 01:44 PM   #415
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna View Post
Thanks Sally, I'll be sure not to haunt you
No problem, Princess.

(Although if I'm wrong and you're a wolf, you're in trouble. So very much trouble.)
Old 06-29-2014, 01:45 PM   #416
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Err Sally and Kit??
Old 06-29-2014, 01:46 PM   #417
Kitanna
Child of the West

Quote:
No problem, Princess.

(Although if I'm wrong and you're a wolf, you're in trouble. So very much trouble.)
If I am I didn't get the memo.
Old 06-29-2014, 01:47 PM   #418
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Okay.

++ Kitanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
Quote:
No problem, Princess.
Might it be we are getting the bear's lover?

Well, if it ends the Night kills, then good.
Old 06-29-2014, 01:49 PM   #419
Kitanna
Child of the West

Quote:

I don't know about Sally, but I'm an ordo who just wanted some ale.
Old 06-29-2014, 01:50 PM   #420
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
Quote:
Okay.

++ Kitanna

I was just thinking about this discussion, and I think you are right. We might have gotten ourselves a Bear/maiden.
Old 06-29-2014, 01:50 PM   #421
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
I don't know about Sally, but I'm an ordo who just wanted some ale.
We'll see that in ten minutes...

But if you're true, then, well... Sally's reaction beats me.
Old 06-29-2014, 01:51 PM   #422
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Kitanna, whatever else you are, you are a troll. *anxiously waits for DL*

edit: xed with Gil and Nog
Old 06-29-2014, 01:51 PM   #423
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:

It also gains the wolves a cobbler, which isn't so good. The good news is that the admin thread finally loaded for me and it's not nearly as bad as I'd previously thought (I'd gotten it into my head that the bear would kill someone when his maiden died or vice versa).
Old 06-29-2014, 01:53 PM   #424
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Good, made it back in time.

I had suspected Eomer, but Nog(?)'s catch makes him look better. Lommy I initially suspected of hinting to the bear (perhaps the bear hinting to the lions?) but her posts on Day 2 made me think otherwise.

Kitanna I find innocentish after looking at Mac. As for wolf-slips, I don't generally believe in them. 90% of the time it's just a misunderstanding (innocent or otherwise).

For toDay's and yesterDay's reasons, I'm going to vote:

++Encaitare

I'm becoming wary of Boro, though. It's also eerie how both he and Wyth have talked about lions flying under the radar when they are doing so themselves (more than anyone else, even).

Edit: X'd with this entire page.

Last edited by Rikae; 06-29-2014 at 01:55 PM. Reason: fixing tags
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 01:54 PM   #425
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
It also gains the wolves a cobbler, which isn't so good. The good news is that the admin thread finally loaded for me and it's not nearly as bad as I'd previously thought (I'd gotten it into my head that the bear would kill someone when his maiden died or vice versa).
...what?? You just confessed?

edit: xed with Rikae
Old 06-29-2014, 01:54 PM   #426
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Curious. Sally, your post is rather weird. Hmm...
Old 06-29-2014, 01:54 PM   #427
Kitanna
Child of the West

Quote:
Kitanna, whatever else you are, you are a troll. *anxiously waits for DL*
*shrug*
Now that I'm able to be on I may as well live my last moments up and proclaim my innocence even if it isn't believed.
Old 06-29-2014, 01:55 PM   #428
WythDryden
Animated Skeleton

WythDryden has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
. It's also eerie how both he and Wyth have talked about lions flying under the radar when they are doing so themselves (more than anyone else, even).
If I had more to contribute, I would. :P

Edit: X/d Lom #425

Last edited by WythDryden; 06-29-2014 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Wrong person
WythDryden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 01:55 PM   #429
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
It also gains the wolves a cobbler, which isn't so good.
Needs to check the rules indeed...
Old 06-29-2014, 01:55 PM   #430
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
Quote:
*shrug*
Now that I'm able to be on I may as well live my last moments up and proclaim my innocence even if it isn't believed.
I hope this is true, otherwise shame on you for guilt-tripping us.
Old 06-29-2014, 01:55 PM   #431
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

My computer's being a brat, so this is likely all I'll say before Day's end (unless it starts behaving again).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
If Kit's a lion I'll flay myself...
Short version: Observe what I believe to be Prince Bearomir hinting at his role.

x'd since my last
Old 06-29-2014, 01:55 PM   #432
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Wow, the currently active users list says 13. It's so strange to have that many players in the game. Interesting, but hard to keep track of everybody.
Old 06-29-2014, 01:56 PM   #433
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
*shrug*
I guess the Bear's lover could be counted technically as an innocent?
Old 06-29-2014, 01:56 PM   #434
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
So you aren't the ranger, Kit?

*whew*
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 01:57 PM   #435
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
So you aren't the ranger, Kit?

*whew*
She's actually a werewolf pretending to be the ranger pretending to be the maiden pretending to be an ordo.

NOT A THING.
Old 06-29-2014, 01:58 PM   #436
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

*head exploding piece by piece which is not helped by the fact that I'm half watching Disney's Tarzan which has to be the most confusing cartoon ever*

edit: xed with Sally
Old 06-29-2014, 01:59 PM   #437
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

++BORO

He's up to something. I know this is "throwing my vote away" apparently but I'll hopefully get to look into it next day.
Old 06-29-2014, 01:59 PM   #438
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Sally whatever the case yuo're not going to die now.

edit: xed with Eomer
Old 06-29-2014, 02:00 PM   #439
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Sally whatever the case yuo're not going to die now.
I....beg your pardon? o_O
Old 06-29-2014, 02:00 PM   #440
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
lovers. Only win if both survive till the end (regardless of whether it's the Lions or the Inn who win the rest of the game). Can communicate at night. The Bear, being a Werebear, kills one person a night as long as the the Maiden is alive. If one dies, the remaining lover then chooses to help the side that did not kill their lover (that is, becomes effectively an ordo if they're night killed, or cobbler if they're lynched). NB: don't read too much into the choice of gender pronouns.
So.