The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-13-2003, 09:46 PM   #1
elven maiden Earwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

elven maiden Earwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elven maiden Earwen
Sting you

if you could be any thing in the lotr what would you be, your name, wepon,and place you lived in

example:i would be an elf maiden named earwen(sea maiden) i would have a elven bow, long silver sword with elvish script saying day shall come again in elvish to long knives and a elvish dager with elvis script saying elbeth gilthoniel
i would live in places like mithlond lorien rivendell mirkwood and rohan [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
elven maiden Earwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 02:14 PM   #2
Anmarwen

Sting

Alae
I would be an elven maiden
named Lote..
I would live in Lothlorien
and i would have a long elven bow
and a sword like Haldir has one...
I would ride my horse (a Meara)
and i would go with it to all the beautiful
places like Imladris and Mirkwood, Rohan,Gondor...

(Sorry my english is not very good,i'm from switzerland..)

Atenio
Lote
Old 01-14-2003, 04:20 PM   #3
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

nothing wrong with your english anmarwen [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

i would be

a) i dunno whether theoden had a daughter, but if he did, that would be me. And if Thalia passed as a good name, that would be my name. Or maybe Theona. id ride around on my horse in Rohan, and be pretty much like eowyn: fearing a cage, dressing as a male, fighting, etc. but i wouldn't reject Grima's advances

b) a woman of gondor (kinda like the above, but not necessarily a princess/whatever, unless i was Denethor's daughter)

c) an elf of lothlorien (then i can marry Haldir [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]) and i would be called Illia

thats just a small selection [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-14-2003, 04:47 PM   #4
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manardariel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

OK, here I go....

Manardariel (duh). Originally from Lorien,(born TA 242) comes to Rivendell in her early teens to be educated. Has a lot of fun there, together with her best friend Arwen. Is addictive to "Cris´bas", flavored Lembas(chocolate caramel, banana, garlic, sour cream&onion)her mom sends her from Lórien , once a month.
In later years becomes a guard of Rivendell and travells with the rangers. Her sword is long and thin, kinda like Arwen´s in the movie. On the hilt, elven letters spell a blessing: "Be protected by Lúthien, greatest of Eru´s children. Like her, thou shalt nver tremble or fall from your way, appointed to you by the Valar. Like her, thou shalt love." Travels on rather dangerous missions as a gurad, and is wounded in the attak on Celebrian. But, unlike her, she finds hope and healing.
Eventually marries Elohir and at the end of the third age bullies him into staying in Minas Tirith with her for another ten years or so.
They both make for the havens in the year of Arwen&Aragorn´s visit in the Shire and together reach the shores of Valinor.

I´m working ona fanfic about her. If anybody is intrested, PM me. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-14-2003, 04:49 PM   #5
Artalwen
Haunting Spirit

Artalwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Artalwen
Sting

My name would be Artalwen...it's pretty. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

An elf...one of the elves from lorien, preferrably.

My weaponS *all elvish* would be a long bow and arrows, the wood decorated with elvish designs, a long sword with the handle decorated with designs, and the metal itself engraved with elegant elvish designs. Also a daggar for those times, also decorated with elvish designs.
The flowering stars, on crowns they hung
The dragon fire, in twisted wire
They meshed the light of moon and sun."
-verse from a song found in 'The Hobbit'-
Artalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 05:03 PM   #6
Fingo
Haunting Spirit

Fingo has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Fingo
Ring

I would so be a Hobbit lass. Brown curly hair on my head and my feet, but I would be a Took, one of the more adventurous ones roaming the hills of the Shire. And I would go with Frodo on his quest and marry him when we got back. ^_^ I would carry a Barrow sword and make Legolas teach me how to shoot a bow.
Or I would be one of the Hill people, Gahn-buri-Ghan's daughter, sick of being content to hide in the woods. I would ride to Gondor and offer my services as a guide to the people there. I would carry a long stick to kick butt with and not ride a horse, but rely on my own speed and stamina to carry me on my journeys.

[ January 14, 2003: Message edited by: Fingo ]
Old 01-14-2003, 05:50 PM   #7
Merri
Wight

Merri has just left Hobbiton.
Ooohh, nice topic.

Mmmm . . . I think I would be either an elf or a hobbit.

If I were an elf, my name would be Miriel. I would live in Rivendell (that is the most beautiful place ever- at least, it is the way P. Jackson interpreted it), and I'd have a long elven sword for a weapon.

If I were a hobbit, I think my name would be Elanor or Lily Brandybuck. I'd have a small dagger for a weapon, and I'd live in the Shire.
Old 01-19-2003, 06:17 PM   #8
Molly Tobin

1420!

I'd have to be a Hobbit, for no other reason than those Halflings really know how to have a good time. My name would be Ponto Brown, I would live in the Shire in the town of Scary, and for weapons I would have a slingshot, an Elven dagger, a Hobbit-size dagger, and as big of a stick as I could handle. Oh, yeah, and maybe a whip. Yes, I know, I'm a bad little Hobbit. The thing is, I like to go travelling a lot, and someone like me (3'6", 30 pounds) really must be able to ward off drunken dwarves and men who enjoy playing Hobbit-toss. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-25-2003, 02:15 PM   #9
King_Elessar
Haunting Spirit

King_Elessar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I would be an Elven maiden called Cotume (Co-too-may) , as it is my Quenya translation of my name, but it means enemy - but I don’t care. I would have a bow and quiver like all Elves do, and I would live in Rivendell with Arwen and Elrond, often going to Rohan, Gondor and Lothlorien.

Bye, Elessar.
I see in your eyes, the same fear, that would take the heart of me. A day may come, when the courage of men fails. When we forsake our friends, and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. This day...we fight!
King_Elessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 02:23 PM   #10
Peri
Wight

Peri has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I would be an elven warrior and travel all of Middle Earth, though my native home would be Imladris. I would have a dirk, two elven swords and a bow. I would keep the name I go by at this forum.
Old 01-25-2003, 04:29 PM   #11
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I would not choose to be an Elf, Hobbit, or dwarf. I think I would choose to stay a human, maybe in Rohan. I think that would be cool. Maybe someone like Eowyn (I wish).
Though I do not know what my name would be.
Old 01-29-2003, 02:28 PM   #12
Pennthangeil
Haunting Spirit

Pennthangeil has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Pennthangeil
Sting

I would be Pennthangeil the Wise
I would live in Lorien
My protection is my bow and knife engraved with elvish script
I would wander through the woods of Mirkwood and Fangorn. And spend time in the Shire now and again.
Old 01-29-2003, 02:30 PM   #13
Pennthangeil
Haunting Spirit

Pennthangeil has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Pennthangeil
Sting

An Elf of course. see above post [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-29-2003, 09:47 PM   #14
Elfchick7
Wight

Elfchick7 has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

My name would be Eáránë. I would be an elf from Mirkwood. There I would meet and fall in love with Legolas' best friend, Melenór. At my coming of age I would go to Lothlorién to gain wisdom from Galadriel. While staying with Galdriel I would meet with and recognize Melenór and Legolas in a party of elves bound for Rivendale and the Council of Elrond. I would travel back to Mirwood to gather my weopons which would be a long sword of mithril, given to me by Galadriel, which would be thus engraved; Here is the sword of a noble lady. May she be the light and hope of her people. May she smite all her enemies with this noble blade of Lorien. The rest of my weopons would be two long silver knives as well as a quiver of arrows and a bow. I would travel to Rivendale and meet the Fellowship on the way. In Rivendale I would speak with and console the Lady Arwen Undomiel and rest. Then with Melenór I would set out on a journey to gather an army to fight in the war against Sauron. After the war of the Ring I would say farewell to my most beloved places in Middle Earth and set out towards Valinor. (With Melenór) [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

-Elfchick7- (Eáránë)

------------------------------

"Yesterday is gone, tomorrow is not yet ours, and today is a gift from God, that's why we call it the present!"
Old 01-30-2003, 12:05 AM   #15
Frieda
Haunting Spirit

Frieda has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Frieda
Sting

Hmm....I don't really know. I haven't really thought about it much.

I'm guessing though that I would be a woman of Rohan.

Some of my actual ancestors were Vikings anyways and they're a bit like the people of Rohan....so it makes sense I guess.

I have no clue what my name would be. :/

As for weapon, I'm guessing sword though I'd probably prefer to have a bow.
Frieda is offline   Reply With Quote