The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2003, 12:40 PM   #281
Lathriel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Wandering through Middle-Earth (Sadly in Alberta and not ME)
Lathriel has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

hi my name is Lathriel. I made up the name Lathriel for this short story I am writing and I rather took a liking to it so it has become my user name. I am well on my way to reading LOTR once every year and I have also read the Silmarillion though it took a while.Anyway this is a great site. Just what I ma looking for.
Old 02-17-2003, 01:30 PM   #282
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Helkahothion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Helkahothion Send a message via AIM to Helkahothion
Hello everybody,

I don't believe I fully introduced myself. The name is Helkahothion, but friends can call me Anuion. I am mostly found on the RPG section and in the Middle-Earth myhem section. This kinda means I like clowning arround and Pio get's crazy of my off topic posts. And I am shure that she is not the only one. I am always open to answer questions so don't be scared to knock on the door. I won't bite. (hard)

Greetings,

Anuion
________
Homemade Vaporizers

Last edited by Helkahothion; 03-07-2011 at 02:00 AM.
Helkahothion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 08:04 PM   #283
Haelothiel
Animated Skeleton

Haelothiel has just left Hobbiton.
Hello fellow LotR fanatics! It's nice to find a place where your accepted. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] My name is Haelothiel, I'm usually looking for good fanfiction (which is at times VERY hard to find!) I try to write myself, but I never finish what I sta-
Old 02-18-2003, 10:35 PM   #284
Adanadhel
Animated Skeleton

Adanadhel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hey, I'm a new guy that just joined after reading good things about the serious nature of this board. I often post at TWC as well, under a local username... I look forward to contributing. (and I needed to check my sig so I am posting here.)
Old 02-19-2003, 04:01 AM   #285
Kili
Pile O'Bones

Kili has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

Hi, Ive been here for ages but I didnt register, so I decided to....*some text missing*
"'Kili at your service!'said the one. 'And Fili!' added the other; and they both swept off their blue hoods and bowed. 'At yours and your family's' replied Bilbo, remembering his manners this time. 'Dwalin and Balin here already, I see' said Kili. 'Let us join the throng!'"
Kili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 08:34 AM   #286
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Pipe

Hello Lathriel, Haelothiel, Adanadhel and Kili. Welcome to the Downs and happy haunting. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Adanadhel, do I detect from your sig that you are a fan of the Kinks? I like the adaptation. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ February 19, 2003: Message edited by: The Saucepan Man ]
Old 02-19-2003, 10:42 AM   #287
Lady Iverin
Haunting Spirit

Lady Iverin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hey all newcomers! I'm still kinda new here myself, but I've already introduced myself. Anyway, Welcome to the Downs! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
p.s. This is for anybody, pm me sometime. I like meeting new people.

[ February 19, 2003: Message edited by: Lady Iverin ]
Lady Iverin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 11:17 AM   #288
Bloodchannel

Sting

Good morning, BDer's! My name is Bloodchannel, and I come from Minas Tirith!
*Promptly crawls into a hole and hides.*
Old 02-19-2003, 12:16 PM   #289
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

Adanedhel and Bloodchannel, your names are both familiar to me. Welcome to the Barrow-Downs and enjoy yourselves!
Old 02-19-2003, 12:46 PM   #290
Adanadhel
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Mithadan,

Make sure you are not confusing me with someone else though - AdanEdhel is taken on most boards, so I have been using AdanAdhel...
Old 02-19-2003, 01:13 PM   #291
Adanadhel
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Actually my sig is the best way to identify me. Yes, it is the kinks song reworked. It started out as a joke, then just expanded. I reowrked the whole song on another board (TWC). It is amazing how well it fits when just a few words are changed!
Old 02-19-2003, 08:28 PM   #292
Airelondeiel

Sting

hi. i'm new. what else? that's all, i guess. awesome site!
Old 02-20-2003, 03:21 PM   #293
Mirkiin

1420!

Hey, my name is Mirkiin!(im a girl by the way) [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Im really happy!!!
Old 02-20-2003, 03:38 PM   #294
eleanor_niphredil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

eleanor_niphredil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hey, Mirkiin! I like your avatar!
Old 02-20-2003, 07:49 PM   #295
Master_of_Buckland

Sting

I'm new! [jumps up and down] So far, this site looks complicated, but that's only compared to what I'm used to. I LOVE RPGing...and Merry and Pippin are my main characters, for LOTR role-play. [which, I suppose, is the only category on this board, hmm? ^_^;] Anyway...how are we supposed to get an avatar?...
Old 02-21-2003, 04:39 PM   #296
Balrog Skwerl

Sting

hello, im new, and only have Nuinatariel to help me, but I love LotR. Thanks for seeing this!! Ahhh, and thank you, Nuinatariel!!
Old 02-21-2003, 05:07 PM   #297
McDLT

Pipe

Greetings! I'm new here, obviously. I'm just checking out the site and what I see so far is great!

I've just started doing a Lord Of The Rings book study with some of my friends and am looking for some questions to ask. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 02-21-2003, 10:13 PM   #298
Anborn

Silmaril

Ask away, McDLT-
I am a newbie here, but so many of us appear to have read extensively into Tolkien's works that I am certain you will find an erudite response to most of your questions!
Old 02-21-2003, 10:29 PM   #299
Stuttering Istari

Sting

Hi, I'm new here. I took the Name Generator and my result is Stuttering Istari. Stuttering !! But I think about it again, and agree, I always have difficulties spelling those elves' name, and I'm not an English speaking, so be it .. Stuttering ..
Btw, I'm a mother with three kids, and live in Indonesia (quite far East from Middle Earth, isn't it ?)
Old 02-21-2003, 10:46 PM   #300
Luthien
Pile O'Bones

Luthien has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I'm new to this sight. I've been a Tolkien fan for a little over a year. I've read LotR twice and I'm working on my second reading of the Silmarillion. I chose the name Lśthien because the story of Beren and Lśthien is one of my favorites. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Luthien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 11:04 PM   #301
Anborn

Sting

The tale of Beren and Luthien has always been one of my favorites as well- Welcome, Luthien!~
Old 02-22-2003, 02:16 AM   #302
Bill Ferny
Shade of Carn Dūm

Bill Ferny has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up

The moniker Stuttering Istari is priceless [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] . To Stuttering and all the rest, welcome.
Old 02-22-2003, 01:30 PM   #303
BethoHOG
Haunting Spirit

BethoHOG has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to BethoHOG
Sting

I've been here for awhile... I like to read these discussions on this awesome forum, but I myself hardly ever post. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

I've never introduced myself here, so now I am! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Anyways, my name is Betho... and no, I'm not an actual hog (read paragraph below), and I'm *sniff* only 13... I feel so young here! Gahhh...

(If you don't get my user name, Betho is my nickname ((my bro nicknamed me that...)) and HOG stands for House Of God, which is what my real name, Bethany, means.)

I found this site through my friend, who introduced me to the Name Generator, and because I was absolutely fascinated with that, I looked around the site more, found the forum, and decided to register, so... here I am! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] (Wowee, long sentence...)

[ February 22, 2003: Message edited by: BethoHOG ]
Old 02-22-2003, 01:33 PM   #304
eleanor_niphredil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

eleanor_niphredil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Your not the youngest though! I to am 13 (though i like to think a mature 13 [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] )

Welcome to the downs! Enjoy your stay!
Old 02-22-2003, 01:34 PM   #305
BethoHOG
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Yay! I'm not the only 13 year old! Whee! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 02-22-2003, 04:27 PM   #306
Nuinatariel
Haunting Spirit

Nuinatariel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

I'm 13, too. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Hello, everyone! Hope you all enjoy being dead! I am now going to sit here and smile at all the confused reponses I get from the new people who don't know what that means. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Old 02-22-2003, 08:04 PM   #307
Imladrien
Pile O'Bones

Imladrien has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I have a thing for magical old men. I met Gandalf and Merlin about 30 years ago, but I've known Santa Claus my whole life. I've lurked around as a guest for about a year or so. Finally decided to join and contribute. --Imladrien
Imladrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2003, 08:40 PM   #308
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hello Newbees [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Welcome to the Barrow Downs
Here are just a few tips:
Read the FAQ at the top of the Novices and Newcomers section, this will answer many questions including things about avatars, and stuff like that.
Remember to always stay on topic
Remember to always talk about Tolkien related topics

Well those are just a few good things to know
Happy Posting [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Old 02-22-2003, 10:38 PM   #309
Quelledaewen

Sting

My name is Quelledaewen and I am new here. This is such a great web site and I LOVE The Lord of the Rings. I have read it many times, hoping that it would be made into a movie. Peter Jackson has done a great job. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone on this board.
Old 02-22-2003, 11:14 PM   #310
Bekah
Shade of Carn Dūm

Location: Several miles over the madness horizon and accelerating
Bekah has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Bekah
Sting

Hello everyone, and welcome to the Downs. Do what Gorwingel says, and you won't be hunted by the mods. Post well.

Btw, I'm thirteen as well. And two months. And...nine days. So don't feel like you're the youngest person here, and no one will mind anyway as long as you post on topic and intelligently. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Lots of love and God bless you all.

~ Elentari II
Bekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 01:19 AM   #311
morchaint

Sting

And yet another new thirteen year old person. Have read all the books about three times (I'm pathetic aren't I..so few times...), and have a certain fondness for Faramir, Eowyn, Elrond, Celeborn, Erestor (don't ask)...actually, I have a fondness for all of Tolkien's characters...Anyways, and I've also read the Silmarillion (twice) and UT (well, most of it *tries to look innocent*)..and I have Lost Tales Volume I right next to me (literally).

I loved both of PJ's films, simply adored the Fellowship, was disappointed at Two Towers because of, what I think of anyways, as Faramir's character assasination.

Well, anyways, this ought to be a very interesting forum..
Old 02-23-2003, 01:38 AM   #312
Bekah
Shade of Carn Dūm

Sting

Welcome, Morchaint!

I've read the LOTR once. I've read various bits twice - like Book II of FOTR - and some three times - like most of the TT. I've read part of the Silmarillion. Aren't the UT the same as the Silm? I was under the impression they were...and I've read Leaf by Niggle and Smith of Wooton Major. And part of the Return of the Shadow. Although I like all of these, I like an intelligent debate most of all. Especially about something Tolkien-related, which is why I love this forum so much.

And I've seen FOTR countless times, and I dislike PJ's portayal of Faramir in TTT.

Love,

~ Elentari II

[ February 23, 2003: Message edited by: Bekah ]
Old 02-23-2003, 12:32 PM   #313
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Location: Road to Rivendell: 2491 miles from Hobbiton, with Frodo and Sam, homeward bound
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I discovered this site a couple of days ago. It is so great to find a LotR site without having to fight my way through hordes of Nazgirls. I've been a Tolkein fan since a friend loaned me a copy of "The Hobbit" in 1966. I'm embarrassed to say how many times I've read the books, and seen both movies. I have never participated in any chat rooms or discussion boards, so if I make any faux pas, accept my apologies in advance.
Old 02-23-2003, 12:43 PM   #314
Davin
Wight

Davin has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Welcome everyone to the Downs!!!! Isn't it great to be dead and rotting??!?!? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

»»The Telmena««
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 05:16 PM   #315
BethoHOG
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Well, I thought I was "young" because whenever someone mentioned their age, it was usually... uhh, older than me... if you get what I mean. O_O
Old 02-24-2003, 12:39 AM   #316
Bekah
Shade of Carn Dūm

Sting

You mean, either about 18 or older? I know, I know...but if you look closely, there are also people who are the same age as you.

Davin, don't be mean.

~ Elentari II
Old 02-24-2003, 06:37 PM   #317
Carorėiel
Haunting Spirit

Carorėiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hi! I've been lurking on here for a few weeks and just started posting. I've been a fan of LotR since my dad read the books to me. (I was six; that was 16 years ago now.) I love PJ's movies, but was so glad to find a place where people are interested in discussing the books themselves as well.

This site is really incredible, and I thus spend way too much time here. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ February 24, 2003: Message edited by: Carorėiel ]
Old 02-24-2003, 07:31 PM   #318
Kates Frodo Temp
Wight

Kates Frodo Temp has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Hi! I'm Kate's Frodo, because Kate introduced me to LotR. I'm working on the Silmarillion now. This site is SO COOL; I know a little about computers, so I partially understand all the work that goes into this place. I'm the only person I know who liked Viggo better than than Orlando in the movies. Well, that's me! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Sign my lighter, Meela?
Kates Frodo Temp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 10:37 PM   #319
Bekah
Shade of Carn Dūm

Sting

No, I have seen other Viggo fans floating around. I like him better that Orlando too, not that that says much...

~ Elentari II

P.S. Oh, and welcome both of you! I hope you enjoy the forum. Post well.
Old 02-24-2003, 10:54 PM   #320
Eressiė Ailin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eressiė Ailin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Eressiė Ailin
Question

Welcome Quelledaewen, morchaint, Imladrien, Anborn, Lśthien, Stuttering Istari, McDLT, Balrog Skwerl, Master_of_Buckland, Mirkiin, Airelondeiel, Alatįriėl, Carorėiel, and Kates Frodo Temp to the Downs!!

I am also a HUGE Viggo fan, Kates Frodo, and I also thought I was alone.

Quote:
Isn't it great to be dead and rotting??!?!?
Yep, it's my sole purpose in life!!!

And for all of the newbies: PLEASE POST!!! It's really fun to get into the discussions, but it gets really boring if nobody replies. I haven't been on the Downs for even 2 weeks, but I'm almost a Wight!!!
Eressiė Ailin is offline   Reply With Quote