The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-08-2003, 04:49 AM   #1
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril Last 50 posts

What's happened to this function? Why does it leave out loads of posts? I've been on at least 3 where I know that the person has made lots more posts, for example mine which says I've only done about 5 since Quest for the Ainereg finished a month ago! The thing is I find it really useful telling me where I've been, if I've posted in the quiz room, for example.

[ June 08, 2003: Message edited by: Lyra Greenleaf ]
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Lyra Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 08:33 AM   #2
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

The Barrow-Wight is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Question

What are you talking about?
Old 06-08-2003, 10:13 AM   #3
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

Oops, was I rambling? I mean when you click first on the profile, then on "View recent posts". Mine doesn't show most of my actual last 50 posts.
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 06-08-2003, 10:37 AM   #4
Sharkû
Hungry Ghoul

Sharkû has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

They seem to get messed up when a thread you posted to gets a new timestamp by getting moved or perhaps edited in another way. This is what seems to be the case with my recent posts at least.
Sharkû is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 12:17 PM   #5
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

Sting

Ah... so they typically would be in order unless administrative actions have been done to them that would cause the date/time to change? We have been doing a lot of closings and movings lastely, so that could definitely be part of the problem.

I'll take a look and see how that function works and if there's anything I can do about it.
Old 06-08-2003, 12:43 PM   #6
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

Sting

I have figured out the problem. Normally, when you make a post, that post information is written to a file that shows *every* post you've ever made. This list appends your newest post to the end of the file, so, your posts are listed in chronological order. Unfortunately, when we do a function called 'rebuild user stats' it also rebuilds this file, reordering your posts by forum rather than date.

I have had to do several stat rebuilds lately because member files were getting messed up due to hard drive space problems we were having. Hopefully we have solved most of those problems and shouldn't have to mess with the stat files anytime soon. So from now on, unless we have to do a rebuild, your posts will begin to be listed in the correct order. But the list shows 50 posts, so until a person does 50 more posts you will still see some items on their list that are ordered in the wrong way as described above.

Hope that makes sense.
Old 06-08-2003, 04:43 PM   #7
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

Thankee kindly. It's my old age- I have memory problems! (And of course, it comes in handy for stalking!)
the Forbidden Link