The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2001, 11:49 AM   #1
Dani the Lady of the Rings

Ring Treebeard in the Movies

<BR>Hello, I'm from Ost in Edhil (and I've probably posted once or twice here too) but anyway, a bunch of us were wondering if anybody knew anything about Treebeard. (other then he's in the movies and that his vioce will be John Rhys-Davies who also plays Gimli) Pics would be much appreciated if possible. If you know anything, just leave a post here or go to <a href="http://pub48.ezboard.com/bostinedhil">pub48.ezboard.com/bostinedhil</a> and post under the heading Waiting for the Rings. Thanks and much luv!! <p></p>
Old 05-04-2001, 12:49 AM   #2
Lady Eowyn
Haunting Spirit

Lady Eowyn has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR><br><br> I don't think there are any pics of treebeard... YET<br> <p>And he that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom</p>
Lady Eowyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2001, 04:16 AM   #3
enep
The Ghastly Leprechaun

enep has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR><br><br> My guess is that he'll be computer animated like Gollum, rather than a giant Jabba-style puppet - so I'm expecting him to look like, say...characters in a video game FMV sequences, but more polished/refined.<br> <br> That's only me, though <br> <br> <p>- <i>enep</i></p>
Old 05-04-2001, 05:41 AM   #4

Ring

<BR><br><br> Thanks guys! All I know is that he will be CGI (computer animated) and he will have the vioce of John Rhys-Davies. Actually someone told me also that PJ isn't going to let out any pics of Treebeard until at least after FOTR is out. <p></p>
Old 05-05-2001, 07:48 PM   #5
Amandil
Haunting Spirit

Amandil has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR><br><br> Probably be working on the look up until the 11th hour. Don't want it to look cheesy.<br> No Ewok/Gungan effect in this movie......puh puh puhleeeeaaase!<br> <br> Just make that voice deep and booooooooming, John. <p></p>
Amandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2001, 10:37 PM   #6
Lady Eowyn
Haunting Spirit

Lady Eowyn has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR><br><br> yeah, pleaseeeee. no ewok treebeard. that would suck..<br> <br> I think they prolly aren't even finished with treebeard.<br> I mean they gotta work on all the cg in FOTR.... <p>And he that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom</p>
Lady Eowyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2001, 05:43 AM   #7

Ring

<BR><br><br> Actually supposedly somebody did see a scene with Treebeard in it, unless its one of those pieces of news that are just aimed to get the audience excited for the movie. <p></p>
Old 05-09-2001, 12:43 PM   #8
KayQy
Wight

KayQy has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to KayQy
Ring

<BR>A VERY off-track comment (but I can't resist)</b><br><br> Gosh, you know we're all waiting with bated breath for the movie to come out this christmas, but then we have to wait even longer for the next two! Could this be considered cruel and unusual punishment?<br> <br> Dani, your (very cool) pic reminds me of the two-headed dragon in Rainbow Brite's &quot;How it all began&quot; movie... <br> <p><i>I do not know that we can have a heaven here on earth, but I am sure we need not have a hell here either. --Rich Mullins</i></p>

--OC Supertones, "Wilderness"

"Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter." -- Max Beerbohm
KayQy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2001, 12:54 PM   #9

Ring

<BR>A VERY off-track comment (but I can't resist)</b><br><br> Thankies! A friend of mine found it for me, dunno where. Personally I believe its cruel and unusual punishment, who can wait that long for Tolkien!! I don't even know how I'm going to survive the summer knowing the movies are on their way. <p>Wicked fiend who replaced Sauron in the 4th age to successfully take over Middle Earth, Mwa ha ha ha ha!!</p>
Old 05-13-2001, 03:16 PM   #10
Gilmy

Ring

<BR><br><br> Well it will be very hard for me too, cus i really like the ents and i cant wait to see what they will look like.<br> <br> <br> Gilmy son of Gimli grandson of Gloin <p></p>
Old 07-16-2001, 07:46 AM   #11
Bonzai

Ring

<BR><br><br> This may be a little off track too, but I think that James Earl Jones should be the voice of Treebeard. He did a good job being that rock creature in NBC's movie Merlin. Which by the way, is a really good movie. <p></p>
Old 07-17-2001, 04:32 AM   #12
Gilthalion
Hobbitus Emeritus

Gilthalion has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR><br><br> Darth Fangorn. <p><center> <a href="http://www.barrowdowns.com">Barrow-Downs</a>~<a href="http://www.geocities.com/robertwgardner2000">Bare Bones</a>~<a href="http://pub41.ezboard.com/btarostineruhir">Tar Ost-in-Eruhir</a>~<a href="http://www.geocities.com/robertwgardner2000/gilthalion.html">Grand Adventures</a>~<a href="http://www.barrowdowns.com/fanfichobbits.asp">The Hobbits</a>~<a href="http://www.tolkientrail.com">Tolkien Trail</a> </center></p>
Old 07-17-2001, 04:44 AM   #13
The X Phial
Shade of Carn Dûm

The X Phial has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR><br><br> Or, alternately, Mufasa Treebeard.<br> <br> Luke, no I mean Simba, oops, I mean Merry... <p>-*-The X Phial-*- "Yet more fair is the living land of Lorien, and the Lady Galadriel is above all the jewels that lie beneath the earth!"</p>