The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2001, 08:44 PM   #1
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril What did you think of the LotR movie. Newcomers invieted.

Did you like the movie? Why? Did you not like it? Why? I'll listen to anyone's response. But right now I'm going to bed and will come back tomorow. Hope to see you than.<BR> <p>[ December 30, 2001: Message edited by: Rose Cotton ]
Old 12-30-2001, 10:08 PM   #2
red
Spirit of Mischief

red has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

There are dozens of responses already in the Movie Forum. Why not check it out? Here's the link: <A HREF="http://www.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum&f=4" TARGET=_blank>Movie Forum</A><P>-réd
Old 12-30-2001, 10:50 PM   #3
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Sting

"Hello, Rosie!"<BR>I enjoyed the movie veeeerrrrrrry much. The friend I went to see it with, whom, as I said before, I consider a Tolkien expert, said there were only a couple of changes, but they weren't big enough to really complain about.<BR>I enjoyed the scenery, the characterization, the action, the special effects, the humor...well, let's say there wasn't anything I didn't enjoy about it!<BR><B>------------------------------------------<BR></B><BR>Sam's my favorite.
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Samwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2001, 07:57 AM   #4
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Thamks Red. Maybe I'll check it out. Glad you liked the movie Sam. Some peope are so cruel. All they want to do is critisize it.But the movie wasn't bad at all.What do you think about Arwen's expanded role?I don't think it hurt the story at all.
Old 01-03-2002, 06:57 AM   #5
Telepréion the Elf

Sting

I think ut was the greatest film of all time! There were a few changes but nothing terribly wrong. People fail to realise films need certain elements the changes were obiously there for a reason so let them lie! Rose if you don't mind me adding an opinion I think the Arwen change was perfectly acceptable but it's a shame we couldn't meet other elves.
Old 01-03-2002, 09:29 AM   #6
silme-ranaa
Animated Skeleton

silme-ranaa has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to silme-ranaa
Sting

overall,i think it is a good film.The scenery was absolutely breathtaking and the cast were almost perfect.If only Tom Bombadil was included.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. unknown
silme-ranaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 02:01 PM   #7
zifnab
Shade of Carn Dûm

zifnab has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I myself have not seen the movie yet, and I mean YET. I am very exicted to watch it and I'm wondering why I havent seen it yet. Alas...if only money grew on trees. Shut-up Zifnab it only costs 7 bucks!
Old 01-03-2002, 02:10 PM   #8
pearlexp

Sting

That's probably the best movie I've ever seen. And it was filmed in New Zealand too that's why the scenery's so awesome.<BR>I can't believe they left out poor old Tom and those songs and poems they sang.<BR>Fellowship Of The Rings will be nothing compared to the Two Towers and Return of the King