The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-24-2009, 09:18 PM   #961
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Alright, I messed up there. It's late here, too. I didn't read properly. Forget what I replied to this before (though Lommy will predictably not and ramble about me talking myself into bags).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
But the second part...if we're at most 2 wrong lynches away, and you're the Ranger, what good would lynching you tomorrow do us?
As with Izzy, I was putting myself into Mith's position. For her, lynching me today or tomorrow doesn't make much of a difference, but for me, it would save my life (if only very briefly), and for the village it gives a chance to lynch a baddie.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:18 PM   #962
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I have to go to bed myself. Let's see what the morning brings.
Vote well, shipmates. For what its worth, right or wrong, mine would probably be for Mac.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:19 PM   #963
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
As with Izzy, I was putting myself into Mith's position. For her, lynching me today or tomorrow doesn't make much of a difference, but for me, it would save my life (if only very briefly), and for the village it gives a chance to lynch a baddie.
Yes and if you really were the ranger, you'd certainly be alive toMorrow.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:22 PM   #964
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
but that ranger claim really was the last nail to Mac's coffin.
How many last nails does my coffin have? Are you actually implying that you still had a doubt before?

Quote:
Others have proven it's inconsistent
Aha? I think you're inventing your own facts, like the one that my case against Eonwe was oh so useless.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:22 PM   #965
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
It wasn't a conscious decision. I just decided to stick to a decision for once. It may be even partly the fault of your psychologising but I decided I have to trust my judgement (well, and Rikae's) and I must have him dead before he kills us all. I confess I've acted more confident than I've been at times, but that ranger claim really was the last nail to Mac's coffin. Others have proven it's inconsistent, I will only say I was expecting it all along, I'd knew he'd try it so when he did I knew I had been right all along.
Sure just go ahead and blame me for it...

I was going to add this, but decided not to until you answered, because if you were a wolf I didn't want to just feed an answer to you.

I remember too when you returned, I said you looked really innocent based on one of your flip-floppy posts and that's when I started my tp treatment, or psychoanalyzing. Anyway, I woud have imagined wolf-Lommy would have kept up that performance if it was making you feel innocent.

Doesn't mean you aren't a cobbler-Lommy now though who is trying to protect a wolf by causing such a stir about Mac...hmm but would cobbler-Lommy be up this late and going off a few hours of sleep? Probably not.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:23 PM   #966
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Sorry Nogrod, I'm not going to look at anything you say about this, because I still aint trusting you.
Nope, because you're a mutineer with Lommy?

I just can't rid myself from that idea... I'll hope the game isn't going to end to this lynch right here toDay. The fever with which Lommy denies her sleep to one hour (knowing her habits of sleeping a lot) just gives me the shivers... So there are enough mutineers left to end this game for good toDay getting an innocent lynched? That would explain a lot.

And btw. why wouldn't you wish to look at some arguments if you were a goodie? There is a chance from you perspective then that I'm an innocent and I might have good points to offer. What you say looks more wolvish, mutineerish that is.

Gah... lynch Boro, lynch Lommy, lynch everyone!
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:27 PM   #967
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Very much off topic, but I can't fathom how anyone, regardless of role or game situation, could deprive him- or herself of all sleep over a game.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:28 PM   #968
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
How many last nails does my coffin have? Are you actually implying that you still had a doubt before?
Errr quite many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Aha? I think you're inventing your own facts, like the one that my case against Eonwe was oh so useless.
It was useless! And you can't claim Nogrod and especially Boro have had good points that disprove your claim.

Quote:
Sure just go ahead and blame me for it...
I'm just offering you a crumb of the glory.

Quote:
Doesn't mean you aren't a cobbler-Lommy now though who is trying to protect a wolf by causing such a stir about Mac...hmm but would cobbler-Lommy be up this late and going off a few hours of sleep? Probably not.
I think the main thing that disproves my cobblerism is the fact that I attacked Mac so strongly so early and stuck to it, so basically Mac would have had to play very innocentishly to provoke such reaction from me, and he wasn't surely doing that. A cobbler-me wouldn't have tried so hard to get him lynched if there was any chance he was evil.

edit: xed with Nogrod and Mac
Old 06-24-2009, 09:30 PM   #969
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
And btw. why wouldn't you wish to look at some arguments if you were a goodie?~Nogrod
Let's see I voted for you because I thought you were a mutineer...and I said I still aint trusting you? Good enough.

You go after Lommy about her sleep habbits, but you're doing a mighty job yourself hanging around late (err well wee hours in the morning) to offer your 2 cents. It's hard to trust your an ordo, or that you seriously don't care what happens (as you have said over and over) with your late activities.

If you are trying to sincerely help as an innocent, you know I will eat my and figuritively eat your shoe after this, but your insistance you really don't care but still hanging around does not make me trust in anyway.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:31 PM   #970
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Back. Reading.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:31 PM   #971
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
I think the main thing that disproves my cobblerism is the fact that I attacked Mac so strongly so early and stuck to it, so basically Mac would have had to play very innocentishly to provoke such reaction from me, and he wasn't surely doing that. A cobbler-me wouldn't have tried so hard to get him lynched if there was any chance he was evil.
But a mutineer-you could have done it, especially in a game where no roles were revealed with the death. It would be safe to try it for once in this particular game...
Old 06-24-2009, 09:32 PM   #972
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Hey you silly people, I can always sleep tomorrow. It's not like a horrenduous sacrifice. It is maybe unwise, it is an overt measure over such a thing as ww, but I felt I wanted to do it. I wanted to ansure Mac's death more than sleep.

And Nogrod in order for this game to end with a mislynch toDay all the mutineers would have to be alive and the ranger'd have to be dead or miss a protection.

edit: xed with the 3
Old 06-24-2009, 09:34 PM   #973
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
But a mutineer-you could have done it, especially in a game where no roles were revealed with the death. It would be safe to try it for once in this particular game...
Yes but do you want me to repeat why it'd make zero sense for a mutineer-me to act this way?
Old 06-24-2009, 09:35 PM   #974
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
While you were glued to Mac, you pretty much ignored everyone else.

++Lommy.

I'm tired, and really don't want to get keyboard face.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:35 PM   #975
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Nogrod...alright seriously though, I don't want to get into another sparring match with you at this point in the DL, let's save it for another time.

I do want to ask you something though, if I said Lommy looked oh so sweet and innocent, and couldn't possibly be a wolf based on the innocent feel of her posts what would you say?
Old 06-24-2009, 09:37 PM   #976
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

I guess it's either Lommy or nobody, so:

++Thinlómien
Old 06-24-2009, 09:37 PM   #977
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thanks Izzy for judging me innocent.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:39 PM   #978
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Is that sarcasm?

I really can't tell.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:40 PM   #979
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

It's now up to whether Nerwen retracts or not, right?
Old 06-24-2009, 09:41 PM   #980
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
You go after Lommy about her sleep habbits, but you're doing a mighty job yourself hanging around late (err well wee hours in the morning) to offer your 2 cents. It's hard to trust your an ordo, or that you seriously don't care what happens (as you have said over and over) with your late activities.
You've played with me enough to know my habits... I do stay up late... erm... early... when I'm interested in something. And I can sleep the whole day today if I wish to, whereas Lommy is going to take a 500 km trip in a few hours... Okay, enough of that.

Yeah, I told quite sincerely I was not able to say anything as I was lagging on reading this game and I had some Arda football things to write (which kind of went outr of hand with their scope) and felt not too interested in this as I was anyway just a ghost whose words most people just dissed right away as unsure.

But as I was free to go to sleep I saw there were interesting discussions going on, and onmes I thought I could really give my two cents on. And as the time went on it started to feel even more urgent as I'm now afraid this gsame is going to end to this lynch... There is such a buzz and hassle around that it can only point to the mutineers trying to win it for good now. Not toMorrow or at some distant future, but now. And that ties me to the computer right now - even if I don't know what I could do as I'm pretty much baffled myself about what's going on...

Quote:
If you are trying to sincerely help as an innocent, you know I will eat my and figuritively eat your shoe after this
Make the marinade ready comrade... you're not going to swallow it easy it seems, but I want a pic to prove that you did it.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:43 PM   #981
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Not quite exactly like that Lommy, but close.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:43 PM   #982
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Nogrod, first you say that if Mac didn't make the point he's guilty. You're told he did not make it. You stick to vague phrases like "the baddies are trying to win toDay". Hang on, what's the point?

edit: xed with Izzy - what do you mean? oh yes Boro can retract too but he doesn't exactly look like he's believeing the ranger who says he will be alive toMorrow if we don't lynch him and repeatedly ignores when he's asked about it...
Old 06-24-2009, 09:43 PM   #983
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Boro, have you made up your mind to stick with your vote?
Old 06-24-2009, 09:44 PM   #984
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Oh and I will just say I'm not going to retract. Based on the fact that I just don't buy the reveal. He pretty much took my words that I told to Inziladun as to why Rikae's claim was real. Maybe we have a different definition of "very bad," maybe we don't. Still I don't know how you vote for someone and then determine bad feelings about the lynch, if you know you're the Ranger and are pretty sure about being the only gifted left.

Mac has used me and completely fooled me in the past when I have not had teh guts to act on my suspicion.

Lommy has yet to do that to me, and if she has fooled me. I will apologize to all fellow innocents about making a "stupid" decision. And to Lommy, you can bet you will only get this one, I would challenge you to try and fool me again.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:44 PM   #985
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
You're told he did not make it.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:46 PM   #986
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

And thus it is up to Nerwen only.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:47 PM   #987
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

You didn't tell us not to lynch you because you'd be dead anyway as you'd die in the Night.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:48 PM   #988
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

You'll see, hopefully soon, that I did not fool you Boro...
Old 06-24-2009, 09:50 PM   #989
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
You didn't tell us not to lynch you because you'd be dead anyway as you'd die in the Night.
Yes, I did, and Inziladun pointed it out.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:50 PM   #990
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I'm getting nervous. I don't think a sensible innocent would buy Mac's not so water-tight revelation, but Nerwen is known for quick turns and she may be a cobbler. And an extra element of suspense is that she has a bad habit of missing the DL...

edit xed
Old 06-24-2009, 09:50 PM   #991
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Well, one thing's clear:

Izzy is even more obviously a cobbler... see her trying to guess which of Mac and Lommy is really the wolf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
If Nerwen returns, she probably will. So she can keep on trying to look innocent. xD
Quote:
Well, she won't look innocent in my books after that. Or I don't know who'd think her more innocent because of that. Mac is threatened to the corner and he made the only bluff that has a chance of saving his life and if someone believes it I say everything's not quite right with their common sense.
These two posts are giving me the creeps somewhat... like it's blackmail. I don't vote to "look innocent".

As for Mac– well, yes, Lommy's right: a cornered wolf claiming to b a gifted is hardly out of the ordinary! However... well, what if he is the Ranger? You're very quick to dismiss that possibility.

EDIT: X'd with a host.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:51 PM   #992
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
I'm getting nervous. I don't think a sensible innocent would buy Mac's not so water-tight revelation, but Nerwen is known for quick turns and she may be a cobbler. And an extra element of suspense is that she has a bad habit of missing the DL...

edit xed

You don't think she'd miss the kill, do you?

*thinks*

When we were wolves together (in another game, mind) she was pretty good about such things, so I doubt it, but anything is possible.

You're getting nervous, I'm getting more popcorn. This is suspenseful and yet at the same time I can't do anything about it, so there's no pressure for me. Lovely.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:52 PM   #993
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

It doesn't count. If you were the ranger it would have been on your mind so much that you would not have left it to one sarcastic throw at my direction, but really said it clearly.

edit: xed with Sally and Nerwen
Old 06-24-2009, 09:52 PM   #994
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Why should a revealed Ranger have to say that?
Most often, that is the case.

Do revealed Rangers always do that, when they can't protect themselves?
I highly doubt so. So why is it even a base for an argument now?

What do you think is going to happen Lommy? That Brin will reveal Mac's role upon death and "prove you right"?

Nerwen is not an innocent...

X'd with Nerwen. Sally, and Lommy.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:53 PM   #995
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
And Nogrod in order for this game to end with a mislynch toDay all the mutineers would have to be alive and the ranger'd have to be dead or miss a protection.
Who says that couldn't be the case? We know absolutely nothing! And if you manage to lynch the ranger toDay he surely misses it the next Night.

Quote:
Nogrod, first you say that if Mac didn't make the point he's guilty. You're told he did not make it. You stick to vague phrases like "the baddies are trying to win toDay". Hang on, what's the point?
I'm a ghost already. I don't need to care if I live or die because I'm dead already... so I can talk my mind freely. I agree that Mac looks the most suspicious with things to point straight at... but I just feel soo bad about you and Boro right now.

Why be that nervous about the issue when it looks pretty clear? Mac will be lynched anyway. It looks like life and death issue to you... One solution is, you guys win if you get Mac lynched toDay...

Okay I have said this now (and a few times before this I think).

Quote:
if I said Lommy looked oh so sweet and innocent, and couldn't possibly be a wolf based on the innocent feel of her posts what would you say?
Well she is sweet and mostly innocent (daddy speaking). I agree. But the innocent feel of her posts can be faked as well. On top of being sweet and lovely she's also good in this game... Just reminding you.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:54 PM   #996
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

If he's the ranger then it's my mistake and you are all welcome to neg-rep me. But after the discussion after his reveal it should be obvious to others than me too that he's not.

edit xed
Old 06-24-2009, 09:54 PM   #997
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
For what it's worth, Lommy is much more likely to miss a kill than Mac, based on timezones alone.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:54 PM   #998
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

sally...whether you're baddie or not...I absolutely love you as a ghost. I want you to pretend you're a ghost in all future WW's.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:55 PM   #999
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
It doesn't count. If you were the ranger it would have been on your mind so much that you would not have left it to one sarcastic throw at my direction, but really said it clearly.
Don't be ridiculous. You should be able to guess from my (too?) late reveal, that just staying alive was not the first thing on my mind all the time.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:55 PM   #1000
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hehehe.

Miss Nerwen, I'm quite capable of speaking for myself.
I've stated my thoughts quite plainly.
Quit trying to put words into my mouth. xD

X'd with Shasta, Boro, and Mac.