Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2007, 01:43 PM   #401
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Fordim Hedgethistle has been trapped in the Barrow!
Oh dear....

My fellow gamers....I have an embarassing and shameful confession to make....I actually managed to forget about this game!

Work and other obligations called me away from the Downs for over a month and in that time I simply let Hunta slip from my mind. I'm not sure when or if I shall have time to read through what's been going on and resume so if anyone In Charge wishes to off Hunta, take him over, write for him or assign him to someone else I would understand completely.

"Shame, shame, and more shame. Nothing, but shame."
Old 04-06-2007, 07:43 PM   #402
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I have not forgotten about the game...I just simply haven't posted, which may be worse.

But I really can't post. Well, I could, but it'd be pointless. What I need to do next is send Broda off to fetch the elves, but Broda is stuck with that stuck up lady ... what's her name. Durelin's character. And until he returns, I ... am not going to post, unless someone convinces me to.

So, that's my scoop on the story.

-- Folwren
Old 04-09-2007, 02:52 PM   #403
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

CaptainofDespair has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren
But I really can't post. Well, I could, but it'd be pointless. What I need to do next is send Broda off to fetch the elves, but Broda is stuck with that stuck up lady ... what's her name. Durelin's character. And until he returns, I ... am not going to post, unless someone convinces me to.
Agh! I'm sorry, Folwren! I've been meaning to move along from my rendezvous with Thuringwethil.

Durelin and I will be wrapping up our little meeting shortly. When that's all done, I'll be free to take up whatever Uldor requests of his lackey.

-CoD
Old 04-09-2007, 02:59 PM   #404
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
It is my fault that has been dragging on for so long. I am so very sorry. A combination of busy-ness and a severe lack of inspiration particularly in the evil department has kept me from posting. I am dreadfully sorry.

I think I'm feeling the evil seductress a bit now, so I'll start to work on a post, soon, I promise! And CoD and I have agreed to wrap it up with just this one last post.

Then Thurgy/Jord is free. Anybody need her?
Old 04-09-2007, 03:51 PM   #405
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Fordim,

Also check your pms. I hope you'll continue to play with Hunta.

Child
Old 04-09-2007, 04:14 PM   #406
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Well, Jordy me proud beauty, I'm supposed to be befriending/spying on you, on the orders of my husband. Where will I find you?
Old 04-09-2007, 04:22 PM   #407
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Oh yes! Fun fun... Well, I can put her somewhere nice and out in the open...perhaps meeting some sort of contact... Let me think on it and I'll make sure to put her somewhere (hopefully) convenient in my post, and I'll let you know where she is.

If you think of anywhere/any interesting situation just let me know.

Edit:

Lalaith - In my post I just have Thurgy/Jord leaving her chambers/house place, which I invision as near(ish) to the great hall or whatever. But I don't really specify where she's going, so either I can edit that in if you'd prefer, or you can place her wherever is convenient for you in your post (you can follow her out of her house, follow her around somewhere else, spy on her meeting with her "contact," intercept her before she finds that contact, whatever you want is fine by me). She's gone off to find someone who's a little lackey of hers, but they could basically be anywhere.

Last edited by Durelin; 04-09-2007 at 07:12 PM.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:30 AM   #408
bill_n_sam
Animated Skeleton

bill_n_sam has just left Hobbiton.
I have a post ready to go but I need to know where the Ulfings are in regards to the feast/preparations for the feast????

Is it still late afternoon, or evening yet? I know the Borrim and elves are already on into the evening, right? And now Broda will be sent to look for them/invite them to the main great hall? Is that correct?

My post ends with Dag and Mem leaving to go to the Ulfing feast so I don't want to put it up too soon.

Any guidance would be great.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:57 PM   #409
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I don't think the Borrim and the elves should be too late in the evening... How early does it get dark? The Banquet can't be too late.

I'm going to post eventually and have Uldor looking for Broda so that he can send him to the elves. Captain, could you follow my post with Broda arriving and having Uldor give him his orders and take off?

-- Folwren
Old 04-10-2007, 02:00 PM   #410
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
I'm going to post eventually and have Uldor looking for Broda so that he can send him to the elves. Captain, could you follow my post with Broda arriving and having Uldor give him his orders and take off?
Aye! And I will surely make every effort to respond as quickly as possible. It'll be nice to get Brodda...moving...again. That couch was getting quite uncomfortable. Or maybe that was just Thuringwethil's presence...
Old 04-10-2007, 02:05 PM   #411
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Durelin....I think I'll have her (Embla) slip out quite soon and follow Jord....she knows where you live, she's already quite interested in you.....
Old 04-10-2007, 02:07 PM   #412
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainofDespair
Aye! And I will surely make every effort to respond as quickly as possible. It'll be nice to get Brodda...moving...again. That couch was getting quite uncomfortable. Or maybe that was just Thuringwethil's presence...
Heh...that makes me have to write a post quick, too, so that you can... I'll get to that now.

-- Folwren

Edit: Post up, Captain.

Make Uldor a bit grumpy at Brodda's lateness, will you?

Last edited by Folwren; 04-10-2007 at 02:26 PM.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:50 PM   #413
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Heh...that makes me have to write a post quick, too, so that you can... I'll get to that now.

-- Folwren

Edit: Post up, Captain.

Make Uldor a bit grumpy at Brodda's lateness, will you?
Okey dokey.

Just to be clear, though...

Do you want me to gloss over Uldor's orders in the conversation and make my post an in-and-out one post deal for Brodda?
Old 04-10-2007, 02:57 PM   #414
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I would prefer that, yes, but you can do whatever you choose, of course. I'm giving you free license to have Uldor do and say what he needs to and have Brodda come and go in your one post.

-- Folwren
Old 04-10-2007, 04:04 PM   #415
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

Alrighty. My post for Brodda is up, Folwren. Let me know if there need to be any changes.

I'll put up another post soon to get Brodda to invite the Elves and Jord to Uldor's feast.

Oh, and where are the Elves? From what I've picked up, they went to the Borrim feast, yes? But are they still there, or have they gone/will go elsewhere?
Old 04-12-2007, 12:44 PM   #416
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

It was fine, Captain. Not precisely how I would have written him, but that's fine and don't worry about it.

Thanks much for doing it.

-- Folwren
Old 04-12-2007, 02:04 PM   #417
Child of the 7th Age

The Elves are still with the Borrim. No one has responded to my initial set-up post. I'll rattle the bushes and try and find out what is going on later tonight.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:22 PM   #418
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Actually, if its ok with everyone, I thought I might just sneak out quite soon and go and find Jord. Its not likely I'd speak out at the feast, anyway.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:37 PM   #419
Child of the 7th Age

Lalaith -

Feel free to sneak out.

It would be helpful if you could include just a sentence or two saying that there is a conversation going on between the Elves and the Borrim. Whoever posts (whether it's me wrapping things up or someone else) can then build on that.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:21 PM   #420
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I indeed wrote a post for Fastarr a couple of days ago, but it's only on paper (I haven't had time to type it). If the elves are not wishing / able to answer it, it would be futile to write it down here and only leave a loose end. But if there is a willing on part of the elves to engage in the conversation I could post it.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:10 AM   #421
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Everyone, you've come very well through my annoying absence, for which I apologise.

In the meantime, we have had a few casualties. The characters of Garen LiLorian, Volo and Rune son of Bjarne are now NPCs. This leaves us very short of Ulfing males - would it be viable to advertise for some more?

I will post as Lachrandir today.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:34 PM   #422
Child of the 7th Age

Ang -

We may also have lost Fordim's Borrim hunter. See his comment a few spaces back. I wrote him a pm to check but have not heard a response.

Nogrod - I'll get a short response up from Briga (with perhaps an aside by Khandr) late tonight. Looks as if we have our Elves back so perhaps you'll want to go ahead with that post.

After the conversation with the Elves, my plan is to wrap up the feast and have Khandr go out searching for a member of the court to make the Borrim offer of sponsoring a hunt. That can be night or morning...whatever works with the timing of the game.

Last edited by Child of the 7th Age; 04-15-2007 at 12:39 PM.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:43 PM   #423
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of the 7th Age
Nogrod - I'll get a short response up from Briga (with perhaps an aside by Khandr) late tonight. Looks as if we have our Elves back so perhaps you'll want to go ahead with that post.
Good. I'll wait for your post and then adapt my post to fit the situation.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:56 PM   #424
Child of the 7th Age

Save filled. I think Khandr may have given Embla a reason to leave the table.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:51 PM   #425
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Save filled as well.

Anyone's turn I think...
Old 04-17-2007, 10:06 AM   #426
Child of the 7th Age

Nogrod and other Borrim.

Just read your post, Nogrod. Whoot! You've blown the ship out of the water. My congratulations. I'm not sure if there's anything else that can be said by the Borrim at this point. You've voiced what all of us were thinking but were afraid to say.

BTW, I think you are right. If the leaders "turned over" to Melkor, surely there were hints of this within their own people. Such things must have soil to grow, even though we are not talking about the actions of choices of each and every individual. People also get caught up in bad situations not of their own making.

I think the answer will have to come from one of our two elves....even it it's just a bland "non-answer" or "non-response".

After the elves' response, I was thinking of closing down the feast and sending everyone out the door to their dwellings. If this won't work, let me know.

BTW, Ang, I will be sending Khandr to court to query one of the leaders about the desirability of a hunt. Feel free to have them say yes or no....whatever you'd prefer to do with the game. Khandr will adjust accordingly.

Last edited by Child of the 7th Age; 04-17-2007 at 12:37 PM.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:10 PM   #427
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Save filled. Sorry it took so long.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:44 AM   #428
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Save filled. Lachrandir hasn't addressed the matter of the hunt; perhaps Mith could get Tathren to brightly change the subject to it?

After that we Elves should get moving; we have a busy evening ahead if the banquet's tonight!

Future things to get done -

A (fairly quick?) banquet for the Elves

The hunt

Drenda courts Tora

And we really need to find some substitute Ulfings...
Old 04-21-2007, 10:44 PM   #429
Child of the 7th Age

Mithalwen,

Were you going to post next, or should I just have Khandr do a wrap-up post for the feast? (I noticed you had erased your saves.) Either way is fine.....
Old 04-23-2007, 09:57 AM   #430
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Child, could you full steam ahead? I think we need to pick up the pace a bit!

Last edited by Anguirel; 04-23-2007 at 10:09 AM.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:15 PM   #431
Child of the 7th Age

Will try to do that in the next day or two....
Old 04-23-2007, 03:57 PM   #432
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Will try to do that in the next day or two....
Good. The idea of the party was excellent but it pretty much turned out to a situation where only you and Ang could say something... So it's good that we can take a step forwards. Too dominating characters in a situation easily freeze the posting as the "lower people" are not supposed to voice their mind anyhow in the company of their betters...

Let's keep this moving!
Old 04-24-2007, 11:01 AM   #433
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

I'm going to try to get a post up for Brodda tonight to tie the loose ends involving the feast invites together.

Do the Elves/Borrim mind if a mean-spirited Brodda crashes the event to hand over the invitation, or would you prefer I...be more subtle in some way?
Old 04-24-2007, 11:11 AM   #434
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Personally I think that sounds perfect...go ahead
Old 04-24-2007, 11:14 AM   #435
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Mithalwen,

Were you going to post next, or should I just have Khandr do a wrap-up post for the feast? (I noticed you had erased your saves.) Either way is fine.....

Sorry I had power cuts last night which made posting impossible.. I could have young tathren ask about the hunt but I am not sure his curiosity will seem too " gauche" eve3n for an adolescent elf?

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Old 04-24-2007, 12:34 PM   #436
Child of the 7th Age

CaptainofDespair,

That sounds good. I will erase my save, since it would make more sense for you to go first.

Mithalwen,

Hope your electricity problems are over. That can be a pain in the neck in many ways!

Perhaps I can help you here. If you want to use my character to give your elf a lead in, you're welcome to do so. You can have Khandr say thanks for the invite to the nasty Brodda and indicate that this will give him the chance to approach one of the Ulfang leaders about the Borrim sponsoring the hunt. (However nasty Brodda may be, Khandr will be polite to a guest.) Khandr can also restate his desire to have the Elves come to the hunt. In that context, it would not seem strange if your character asked a question or two.

I'll try and respond in my next post and, if it is alright with you, indicate that the Elves then leave. There are some things I need to say to my people behind your back before I clear everyone out of the house.....

If this will work, let me know. If not, that's fine too. I'll go with the flow of whatever you put down.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:57 PM   #437
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
thanks Child but I have slightly inverted your suggestion since I didn't want neither to wait for COD nor preempt him. So if you can assume his polite enquiry ...... he is quite polite when he isn't brandishing his knife... as he makes his farewells and enlighten him slightly that would be great.. Or I can scrub this and try again

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Old 04-28-2007, 09:03 AM   #438
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

I hurried things on a bit. Mith, if you want to post a proper version of the Tathren banter please feel free. I just feel this night is lasting many a day!
Old 04-30-2007, 11:13 AM   #439
bill_n_sam
Animated Skeleton

bill_n_sam has just left Hobbiton.
I still have a post ready to go with Dag and Mem heading out the door to the Ulfing feast. Is it still to early to put that up? I will be gone until next week so I needed to know if I should go ahead and post or if that can wait a week?
BS
Old 04-30-2007, 12:10 PM   #440
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Please post, bill, that would be superb...