Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2007, 12:45 AM   #321
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sounds good, Nogrod.

Save filled. Lalaith - you're up next.
Old 01-24-2007, 01:39 PM   #322
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sheesh, Durelin, I tell you - I do wish Jord had said some of her things out loud. I would have had perfect answers for them. But that's okay. I have ideas already spinning in my mind.

How much longer do you want to go with these two together? I need to get Uldor back eventually to get Ulfast's note about the banquet.

-- Folwren
Old 01-24-2007, 10:06 PM   #323
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sorry if it is at all frustrating, I'm really winging it with this character...and I have way too many ideas in my head.

I can't see her as being too chatty, though.

We can wrap it up whenever you'd like...I guess the goal became just Thuringy (odd, but I'll go with it) being nasty and "putting things" into Uldor's head... I don't know how successful I was in conveying that at all, but... If you wanted to accomplish something else/more, I'll get my butt in gear so we can finish up.

Anyway, if you find a nice way to have Uldor end it, by all means go ahead. Otherwise I can have Thuringy end it in my next post (or the post after that...whatever; whenever you want to move on is fine).

And really the goal was just to have some fun being nasssty evil characters, right? How are you liking it?

(Sorry if I'm completely incoherent...it's late...)
Old 01-25-2007, 10:08 AM   #324
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
How am I liking playing an evil character? It’s interesting. Interesting because it’s difficult. Uldor repulses me. I hate him. He is disgusting and vile and his very thinking is sickening. ‘Do what it takes, cost what it will, kill who needs to be killed, I will have power. And when I have power? I do what ever I jolly well please. No more of this faked goodness, no more morals...I am very excited, but I can wait.'

It’s also difficult to play opposite your character, because I find Jord equally evil and vile (oh wow, do you notice? Vile is Evil with it’s ‘E’ moved to the end!). See, if I had a good, honorable man instead of Uldor, I’d have him say some stuff and get out of her clutches. But with Uldor, I can’t, because he’s likely to be attracted to such harlotrous woman. She's so flattering when she speaks it's sickening. Have you ever eaten something so sweet that your stomach turns? That's what I feel Uldor should feel like, but then I realize...no...he's evil.

Anyhow, I’ll get them separated. If you don’t mind, I’m going to twist that smile of hers and make it rather beautiful, trying to draw him in. I don’t know if you wanted the smile to try to make him like her, or if the smile was supposed to be mocking or what, but it’ll be seductive. No fears, my dear moderators, he won’t fall. He can’t afford to get mixed up even with the most beautiful of ladies. Besides, I can’t afford to write such stuff.

-- Folwren
Old 01-25-2007, 02:23 PM   #325
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I love playing characters that are so incredibly different from me.

At least, I don't think I'm an evil maia...or at least not a maia...

As for the smile, I'd say seductive is what it is (far from "beautiful," though, in my opinion)...but I'm sure she finds it hilarious for him to think she really wants him.

And I think Uldor can feel that vile sickly-sweetness...it's just other "feelings" will be more of interest to him, perhaps. Or maybe he'll even like that feeling.

Quote:
No fears, my dear moderators, he won’t fall. He can’t afford to get mixed up even with the most beautiful of ladies.
Pshaw, Uldor? Uldor can do whatever he wants. He may have been "banished," but I don't think it was very long before he was allowed to come running back. And I'm sure he feels he can risk "banishment" again. But...that's just me thinking evilly. And don't worry, I want to avoid the x-rated stuff, too...though so does Thuringwethil.
Old 01-25-2007, 02:32 PM   #326
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
Pshaw, Uldor? Uldor can do whatever he wants. He may have been "banished," but I don't think it was very long before he was allowed to come running back. And I'm sure he feels he can risk "banishment" again. But...that's just me thinking evilly. And don't worry, I want to avoid the x-rated stuff, too...though so does Thuringwethil.
Yeah, Uldor. He can't afford it just now, seriously. I think that in his inner most mind he know that things are about to get hot. He can't fall short of his father's affection and trust right at this most crucial moment.

Besides that, he doesn't want to get entangled with someone that he thinks might have higher connections with Morgoth!

So, we're good, and your character is safe from my moron.

-- Folwren
Old 01-25-2007, 02:32 PM   #327
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
SAVE filled. Sorry, Child, does Khandr have a beard, I just checked and in your description it doesn't say and I just realised I gave him one. I'll edit it to something else if you want to keep him clean-shaven!
Old 01-25-2007, 02:46 PM   #328
Child of the 7th Age

Hah....that sneaky character. He obviously grew a beard when I wasn't looking! Seriously, though, it's fine. Your post looks great. I had a note from Kath, and she is hoping to post Bergr's arrival sometime this week.
Old 01-25-2007, 02:47 PM   #329
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
It's funny, in my mind's eye he had a beard - mostly pepper with a bit of salt. Odd how these things work....
Old 01-26-2007, 09:49 AM   #330
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Ok Bergr has finally arrived. Sorry for the delay!
Old 01-26-2007, 12:08 PM   #331
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
My post for Gausen and Drenda is simply teeming with plot hooks, many romantic.

Folwren, I know Uldor is busy with Jord's attentions, but according to Gausen's profile he's also led Gausen on...we might want to play out a meeting between them.

Dimturiel, your profile states that Tora's father wants to marry off his daughter. Looks like Drenda's going to be a suitor!

CoD, Brodda and Drenda will meet again as hinted in the post.

Celuien, you, Ulfast, killed Drenda's father. This is eventually going to become an issue.

How do people like these complications? PM me if you want me to clarify or cut a strand involving you...
Old 01-26-2007, 12:22 PM   #332
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Oh, and my post also suggested that there are about 60,000 Ulfings - if seven thousand is "a quarter of the males in these lands".

Economics is not my strongpoint and I know the status of the settlement is still vague, but perhaps that gives you a rough idea. I should think that the settlement is populated by only a few thousand, most farming arable land outside it.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:27 PM   #333
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
Folwren, I know Uldor is busy with Jord's attentions, but according to Gausen's profile he's also led Gausen on...we might want to play out a meeting between them.
My darn character seems to have a history I don't know about. He keeps getting himself into trouble.

That's fine, Anguirel. I rather think it's like him, the monstrous brute. We can play out a meeting, if you like.

I haven't read your post yet, though, and I don't have time just now. I'm about ot walk out the door.

-- Folwren
Old 01-27-2007, 04:21 AM   #334
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Well, I arranged that particular tryst with Feanor, and you inherited it, I'm afraid! Should be fun though...
Old 01-27-2007, 03:01 PM   #335
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
Celuien, you, Ulfast, killed Drenda's father. This is eventually going to become an issue.
Conflict. Major grudges. Excellent.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:47 AM   #336
bill_n_sam
Animated Skeleton

bill_n_sam has just left Hobbiton.
I hope the use of the term "my lord" was appropriate for Dag addressing Ulfast. I couldn't remember if that issue had come up yet in other posts. But I thought a smith would need to be very respectful of such a person of importance. Please let me know if there is some other term that seems to work better and I'll edit.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:08 AM   #337
Child of the 7th Age

Anguirel,

I think the Borrim crew needs some guidance. We've all arrived at the party. However, I wasn't sure whether to go on and get the serious talk of spying under way or wait for the Elves to make their appearance.

Will the elves be crashing our party soon, or should we go ahead and do the conspiracy part first?
Old 02-01-2007, 12:02 PM   #338
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Conspire away. Maybe Lachy and Tathy can come in at an awkward moment...
Old 02-01-2007, 03:32 PM   #339
bill_n_sam
Animated Skeleton

Ooops! I didn't realize I had double posted in the IC. Sorry. I had written up my next post, which I wasn't going to put up, as I didn't want to seem like a post-hog. But I thought it would be better to go ahead and take out the double post and put that one in its place. So I hope no-one minds too much. *feeling rather stupid* Sorry!
Old 02-01-2007, 04:06 PM   #340
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

It's fine, bill_n_sam. I was going to bring it up, but was sure you'd put it to rights...

What a Jane Austen-like web we are weaving...
Old 02-01-2007, 05:54 PM   #341
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
bill_n_sam

Problem solved for the double post -- since they are for different sets of characters and different locations, I just labeled the posts for the characters of yours which were involved.

Last edited by piosenniel; 02-01-2007 at 08:13 PM.
Old 02-02-2007, 09:05 PM   #342
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

My save is filled. Durelin, let me know if I did alright.

It is so tough playing this character!! Augh! I can't help but be possitively repulsed by Jord, but how on earth am I supposed to logically make Uldor also repulsed? Anyhow, as you may tell, even though he got out of it this time, he's still thinking about her....

-- Folwren
Old 02-03-2007, 03:28 PM   #343
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Your post is awesome! Sooooo awesome! I love it...that second paragraph especially...and the third, too...okay, so all of it...amazing!
Old 02-03-2007, 04:33 PM   #344
Child of the 7th Age

If none of the Borrim object, I'll do a generic narrative post to get us through the actual meal and then start the conversation afterwards where Khandr makes his request for help in spying....

I'll put up a save now but won't fill it till late Sunday or Monday. So if any member of the Borrim has something else they want to do first, just give the word and I'll hold off on this.
Old 02-03-2007, 04:36 PM   #345
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Go ahead with it Child.

At the moment I don't see how my character might help but coming up with some wild stories from my own mind... So I think it better you stage the situation and we'll respond then.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:53 AM   #346
Child of the 7th Age

Save filled.

The Borrim have their "assignments". I've thrown the floor open for discussion.... So far there are no elves in sight.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:02 PM   #347
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Child, you refer to "the lady Thuringwethil"...shouldn't that be Jord? And perhaps more importantly, why would Khandr know at this stage that a spy should be set on Jord? She's not apparently a figure of much importance, except as a possible attachment of Uldor's.

Very nice post though!
Old 02-08-2007, 02:56 PM   #348
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

If she's assumed "close" to Uldor (as a mistress-type), which is how I thought people would likely see her (and the best way for her to hide right out in the open), then I'd guess it's quite possible they'd see her as a way to information...whether or not they felt they had to spy on her, or if they could just get information out of her about Uldor and his father, though, is another matter, I suppose...
Old 02-08-2007, 03:04 PM   #349
bill_n_sam
Animated Skeleton

Celuien,Dimturiel Sorry to leave you hanging. We had snow here the last day before I left the state for a conference and I didn't get in to work so I couldn't let you know. I will try to get something up tomorrow, but, as always, if you have something, don't wait for me.
BS
Old 02-09-2007, 12:33 PM   #350
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Child & other Borrim.

I made Fastarr to say that Ulfast's servant is a drunkard and goes regularly to the Inn he knows and should be talked to. I chose Ulfast just from the hat.

Kath has now written that Bergr could get information about Ulfast.

What do you think? Should we accept this as a "narrated fact" ie. we have two means to get knowledge of Ulfast which poses us a short-term problem? Another option is that I just go and edit my last post and change Ulfast to one of the other brothers.

Both ways are fine with me.

Nice to have this going on again!
Old 02-09-2007, 12:42 PM   #351
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
I'm sorry Noggie! When I read Child's post I saw that Fastarr had been given Ulwarth to deal with, so I simply assumed that the servant you mentioned was one of his.

I can change it if necessary?
Old 02-09-2007, 12:48 PM   #352
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Nogrod, I see Fastarr hasn't mentioned his unpleasant encounter with the wretched Embla...Can't say I blame him, really.
Shall I just carry on with my thoughts on shadowing Jord now?
Old 02-09-2007, 12:52 PM   #353
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Well, it was my bad to begin with... I just thought it would look naive if the thing Fastarr knew would relate to the person that had been just given to him... Kind of fairy-tale niceness where the pieces of the puzzle just clik to their places with the first try.

And as I made Fastarr say, I'm ready to make him go for Khandr's errand to meet Ulwarth or to see this drunkard servant... or something else.

Khandr decides.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:55 PM   #354
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith
Nogrod, I see Fastarr hasn't mentioned his unpleasant encounter with the wretched Embla...Can't say I blame him, really.
Shall I just carry on with my thoughts on shadowing Jord now?
You probably should... as far as I can see the general discussion is now on and everyone should say something.

But I'll be coming with Fastarr's thoughts about Embla too later. Maybe after you post something I could make Fastarr notice her again and...
Old 02-10-2007, 12:03 PM   #355
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Flood-posting, it seems...

Child: I agree with you that the "great hunt" and the individual spying need not cancel each other out.

It's now something like early evening if I'm correct and we can suggest the hunt to the elves this evening. But the Ulfings should be approached too. So the hunt probably wouldn't take place the next day (gametime) anyway? That means the Borrim can use the next day to spy as well as they can and the hunt would be the day after that the earliest?

Ang: what do you think about the schedule?
Old 02-10-2007, 01:49 PM   #356
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

I'll put up a short post tomorrow about Embla's thoughts on spying on Jord. She'll be quite keen.
Quote:
could make Fastarr notice her again and...
I would have thought more appropriate. Or even
Old 02-10-2007, 03:03 PM   #357
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith
I would have thought more appropriate. Or even
Old 02-10-2007, 06:15 PM   #358
Child of the 7th Age

Thanks Ang. I did the edit. Yes, I think Khandr sees her a source of information on others rather than of personal interest to him. Of course, that may definitely change!

_________

Regarding the hunt.... There's no reason to have it the very next day. Briga will yell and scream that she can't get ready that fast, since she must prepare foods for the returning party. There could be two or more days for individual spying efforts before we hit the hunt.

Last edited by Child of the 7th Age; 02-10-2007 at 09:45 PM.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:44 PM   #359
Child of the 7th Age

Quote:
What do you think? Should we accept this as a "narrated fact" ie. we have two means to get knowledge of Ulfast which poses us a short-term problem? Another option is that I just go and edit my last post and change Ulfast to one of the other brothers.

Both ways are fine with me.
Nogrod -

Me, too. You and Kath can figure this out and decide how you want to handle it. I'll go along (and Khandr too) with however you want to frame this.
Old 02-11-2007, 02:03 AM   #360
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of the 7th Age
Me, too. You and Kath can figure this out and decide how you want to handle it. I'll go along (and Khandr too) with however you want to frame this.
Okay. But in the actual thread it should be Khandr who gives the individual tasks. It's hard to see the relations between him and his retainer / servants / hunters as that democratic...

I'll try to look at those brothers a bit if I could find something interesting where we could "hit"... (meaning: if there is something in their characters or their daily doings that could serve as a possibility to go spying on them).