The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2003, 12:03 AM   #281
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Sting

Quote:
She just made a beautifully cloak for me. It looks like a bit of elvish work, what with its silvery grey hood tie that looks like a bit of Lorien rope.
Oooh. Sounds lovely. One of these days I'll get a pic of me in my complete hobbity outfit....hope I don't scare anyone. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Samwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 09:22 AM   #282
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Raefindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Raefindel
Sting

Thank You Lily, Your cloak sound really nice. You should have someone take your pic and have it posted.

I actually tried to sell that cloak on e-bay but I think it is too modern-looking what with the printed fabric. Either that or there just aren't that many short Elves around these parts.
Old 11-04-2003, 10:51 PM   #283
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Location: Road to Rivendell: 2491 miles from Hobbiton, with Frodo and Sam, homeward bound
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Samwise: I've become addicted to these action figures. I found a second 'Éowyn as Dernhelm' and 'Aragorn in Gondorian armor' at Elfmart Saturday. They look great on display with the others. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

For all you other action figure addicts, I found a website that lists all the Toybiz action figures for LotR here. Pretty cool! [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

Plus...an action figure storybook where scenes from the films are re-enacted with action figures.
Old 11-04-2003, 11:19 PM   #284
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Quote:
Plus...an action figure storybook where scenes from the films are re-enacted with action figures.
Oh, Lynn, that is TOOO FUNNY!!!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Old 11-04-2003, 11:33 PM   #285
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Thumbs up

Only nine dollars and twelve cents worth of eating candybars left to get my Sting.... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2003, 11:27 PM   #286
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Location: Road to Rivendell: 2491 miles from Hobbiton, with Frodo and Sam, homeward bound
Silmaril

Quote:
quote:
---------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------

Oh, Lynn, that is TOOO FUNNY!!!!!
Aren't they hysterical?? If I had a few more figures, I could re-enact some scenes too.

Quote:
Only nine dollars and twelve cents worth of eating candybars left to get my Sting....
Stacey, don't make yourself sick with all that candy, but I hope you get the Sting..
Old 11-06-2003, 08:22 AM   #287
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Not to worry, Miss Lynn, I don't eat it all at once. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Eight dollars and ninety-two cents left....

Besides, I'm waiting 'til after my birthday

Five more days and my Hobbit self will be of age!!!

...before I really start "Chowing down" again. There is one person in my life who appreciates my LOTR likings, and I don't know, he may surprise me with something.... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2003, 11:06 PM   #288
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Sigh. Someone hacked into my old email account, so now I have to start over as far as Sting goes. Oh, well. I'm going to get that Sting, wether anyone likes it or not!
3 more days until my Hobbit self is of age!!!
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
[EDIT]
Hm....for some reason, when I went back to the Rocket Cash site to "start over", they had my new email as--well, my email. Guess I'm still getting to work on getting my STING..... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ November 09, 2003: Message edited by: Samwise ]
Old 11-08-2003, 11:34 PM   #289
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

Hmmm.... my LotR collection is:

1) The paperback edition of the LotR trilogy (with two copies of RotK, bought just because they had Aragorn on the cover)

2) The red leather-bound collector's edition of LotR

3) The Silmarillion (Second Edition)

4) Unfinished Tales

5) The HoME series

6) The Argonath Poster and the TTT Poster of Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli

7) A life-size cardboard cutout of Aragorn (ordered from tolkientown.com)

8) Dozens of newspaper articles on Middle-earth

9) A very Elvish door-hanging with a design of golden leaves and fruit coming off of golden vines

10) Various gilded wooden baskets and such scattered around my room, giving it a very Finwe/Sun King effect.

11) My collection of charms from the LotR bookmarks

12) My five One Rings (now there's an oxymoron, for you!)

13) My Ring of Barahir (that I also got off of tolkientown.com)

14) My very Elvish cloak made out of black, panne velvet and matching elbow-length gloves

15) Other assorted Elven clothes

16) Lastly, and most importantly, my memories!!!!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fėanor, and there he slew Finwė King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwė alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 07:44 AM   #290
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Tolkien

So, leeeet me guess....Aragorn's your fave character, right? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

And yes....those memories are the most unique parts of ANY collection.... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2003, 11:06 PM   #291
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Silmaril

Okay, I was baaaad!! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] I went back to ebay (I gotta stop going there). This time I got 2 sets of cards (1 from Fellowship & 1 from TTT), plus a copy of the fan club magazine with Éomer on the cover. Still waiting on Andśril to be delivered...maybe this week. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2003, 11:54 PM   #292
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen1858 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arwen1858
Silmaril

ok, mine is a small collection compared to some of y'all's, but it's growing.

*FotR EE dvd
*LotR trilogy - the set with Elijah Wood as Frodo on FotR, OB as Legolas on TTT, and Viggo as Aragorn on RotK. I want to get the nice, pretty hardcover set illustrated by Alan Lee. I go look at it every time I go to the mall.
*countless pics and sounds downloaded on my computer
*2 7up cans with Frodo
*a TTT poster in the mail on the way to me right now
*The Silm
*The Hobbit
*a very Elvish looking journal
*a bracelet my friend made me with my name on it in Elvish
*a pendant that I say contains a little bit of the light of Earendil... or sometimes its Arwen's pendent... whatever I feel like calling it at the time. It looks elvish.
* A grey elven cloak
* purple velvety material to make a purple elven cloak
*pattern to make elven dress
*pattern to make my hobbit costume
*TTT soundtrack
*a recurve bow that I imagine is elven
Old 11-11-2003, 12:23 AM   #293
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Thumbs up

As some of you know, tomorrow is the day upon which my Hobbit self celebrates my coming of age! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Well, I have recieved one birthday "card" from one of the Barrowdowns' resident Elves, made up of page-a-day calendar pages, seven of which feature my fave little Hobbit, SAM!!!(ALA Sean Astin [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]).

I do not know (sort of doubt, since my family "dosen't get" LOTR) if I will be recieving anything to add to my collection tomorrow, but I did mention a couple of LOTR-related items that I didn't think would get me too much of the way of odd looks,(:eek [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] so who knows? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

{EDIT}
Hm. The date above this post says it's ALREADY the Elventh, though here in CA it's not. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] So, somewhere, it's ALREADY my birthday.....
[img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

[ November 11, 2003: Message edited by: Samwise ]
Old 11-11-2003, 07:01 PM   #294
Liriodendron
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Liriodendron has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up

Happy birthday! I hope you get some LoTRs stuff! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2003, 06:05 PM   #295
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Thank you kindly for the well wishes, Miss Liriodendron. As far as LOTR related goodies...

Sigh. Nope. Not one little Hobbit-sized thing. Oh, well. I had a very lovely birthday regardless. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Guess I'll just have to get LOTR stuff on my own....

Well....I take that back--I recieved this before my birthday, but....

From my favorite Elf, Raefindel the Red-Haired, I recieved a wonderful "birthday card" made from LOTR page-a-day calendar pages and featuring my fave little Hobbit (and on occasion some freinds) [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]. Each page was personally captioned by the dear Elf lady.

So, I can't say I really recieved NOTHING LOTR, just not from my immediate family.

[ November 12, 2003: Message edited by: Samwise ]
Old 11-13-2003, 05:30 PM   #296
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Silmaril

Quote:
So, I can't say I really recieved NOTHING LOTR, just not from my immediate family.
Samwise: I hope you got the LotR e-card. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] It was supposed to be delivered on Monday. If you didn't, I will resend. Hope you had a great Birthday!!!

[ November 13, 2003: Message edited by: Alatįriėl ]
Old 11-13-2003, 09:17 PM   #297
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

No, Miss Altariel, I didn't get it. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Thank you so much for thinkin' of me, though! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Have you gotten any new...erm...sharp things in your collection, lately? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2003, 10:40 PM   #298
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Sting

Arwen1858: is that recurve bow something that you shoot, or do you just hang it on your wall...?

My longbow is a "Mirkwood" black with silver-painted design. Nice and light, 30# draw weight and 28# draw length, and a whopping 6' long... I'm new to longbow, and don't have much holding power yet!

Now I need a pair of white long-knives. And a grey/green cloak.

In terms of On-The-Shelf:
In addition to one of the newer boxed sets, I recently added the "No Admittance except on Party Business" bookends. They're next to my Argonath bookends. And I coudn't resist the $2.00 Legolas figurine from Barnes & Noble... looks kinda cute across from my Bag-End keychain...

I'm waiting for the TTT Collector's edition in the mail. And I'm hoping for a complete set of the Inglis CDs.... (hope hope hope)

I rearranged my bookshelves, and Tolkien books now take up six shelves. How's this for addiction? I have... (1, 2, 3, 4...) twenty-two copies of the Trilogy on my shelves plus one that is out on loan to my sister. So that's twenty-three copies all told.... mostly just paperbacks!

And I **STILL** haven't completed my set of HoME.

No wonder my husband thinks I've completely and utterly lost it.
Old 11-13-2003, 11:03 PM   #299
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Eye

Oh, my....Miss Helen, you shoot?
*reminds self not to get on either Miss Lynn or Miss Helen's bad sides....*
A bow is something I do not have in my collection (working on Sting, first) but...perhaps one of these days. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2003, 12:52 AM   #300
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

I do shoot my bow! I don't practice as often as I should, but one of the goals I want to work on starting next week is to practice every day. My bow is black on the front and back, and light brown on the sides, the natural color of the wood. It pulls 30#, 28" draw, and 60" long. My daddy shoots a longbow, but for some reason I favor recurves. When I got my bow, it was hardto pull, but after a couple of days, it was no problem. I haven't been practicing, though, so I need to work the muscles up again, and I imagine they'll be pretty sore for the next couple weeks as I start shooting more! I would also love a couple of knives like Legolas'! I have a flipblade I named Sting, which I carry everywhere, so I already have a knife. My parents might not mind too much if I wanted something a little bigger... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2003, 03:45 PM   #301
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Silmaril

Quote:
No, Miss Altariel, I didn't get it. Thank you so much for thinkin' of me, though! Have you gotten any new...erm...sharp things in your collection, lately?
Samwise: I'm sorry you didn't get the e-card. I'll try to re-send it...better late than never. Unfortunately, Andśril has not arrived yet. I contacted the seller, and it is due to be shipped Thanksgiving week. Maybe in time for RotK...

Quote:
Now I need a pair of white long-knives...And I'm hoping for a complete set of the Inglis CDs...(hope hope hope) I have... (1, 2, 3, 4...) twenty-two copies of the Trilogy on my shelves plus one that is out on loan to my sister. So that's twenty-three copies all told.... mostly just paperbacks!
Helen: I think you have beaten me on the number of copies of the Trilogy. I only have 5 sets. However, one set is the psychedelic cover one from the early 70's, one is the Alan Lee illustrated version and one is a first edition of the red leather-bound collector's edition. I think you'll find those Inglis cd's well worth the wait (and the money)!!! And about those knives...they're supposed to be available in January 2004. Check them out here. Legolas' knives and Aragorn's dagger will be the next additions to my weapons' collection. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2003, 04:34 PM   #302
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Quote:
I do shoot my bow!
WOW! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] I haven't the sense of balance or control for that I'm afraid.

Miss Alatįriėl, I hope your Andśril comes soon. 'Twould be a nice Christmas present to yourself. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Seven dollars and ninety-two cents worth left to get my Sting....although going to the site I intend to buy it from I see this:

Lord of the Rings 20-inch Electronic Light N Sound Sting Sword
Motion-activated, hobbit-size sword with lights-and-sound action
--------------------------------
Lord of the Rings: Electric Light N' Sound Sting Sword !
20-inch sword lights up and has sound effects
Old 11-15-2003, 05:19 PM   #303
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Sting

I bought the most beautiful sword this summer that looks extremely Elvish (albeit a bit on the scrawny side) and I carted it around on my shoulder all day at my school's Renaissance Festival. It was so cool, about 50 people came up to me and asked me if I was either an Elf or a Ranger. I just preened! Of course then I proceeded to get challenged by a six-foot-something guy wearing extremely thick cardboard armor, with an extremely huge wooden sword. Needless to say, I didn't quite win that battle, but I did slice his hauberk off! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fėanor, and there he slew Finwė King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwė alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Old 11-15-2003, 09:58 PM   #304
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Quote:
Legolas' knives and Aragorn's dagger will be the next additions to my weapons' collection.
You are going to buy more weapons! I just have to ask, do you own the entire LOTR weapons collection?

Right now I am just fine with my Sting, though I would love to buy the Scabbard, and additionally those white knives look awfully tempting [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Happy Belated Birthday Samwise [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2003, 06:35 PM   #305
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Thank you, Gorwingel. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I'm curious, since Sting has been my focus and I'm not farmiliar with Elvish weaponry, what is meant when you say "white" knives? Is it the color of the metal? [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2003, 09:25 PM   #306
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Sting

Unfortunately, since I have an 8-year-old brother and a 2-year-old brother at home, I can't buy any more weapons right now. I have to wait until college before splurging. I can just see it.

"Mom, Dad, I... um.... kinda need a wee bit more money."

"What did you do with the money that we gave you?????"

"I...umm.... spent it... on... um.... SWORDS!!!!!!"
Old 11-17-2003, 11:58 PM   #307
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Silmaril

Quote:
quote:

Legolas' knives and Aragorn's dagger will be the next additions to my weapons' collection.

You are going to buy more weapons! I just have to ask, do you own the entire LOTR weapons collection?
Gorwingel: No, not the entire collection, just selected items. I'm not really interested in the orc scimitars or the Ringwraiths' swords. Mainly the "good guys" weapons. After the knives & dagger, I also want the scabbard for the Ranger sword. Herugrim (Theoden's sword) & Gśthwinė (Éomer's sword) will be available sometime in 2004 (I think), as well as Éowyn's & Boromir's swords. Eventually, they will also have the long Elvish sword (from the prologue & Helm's Deep)..the one with the really long hand grip and the long curved blade. Sooooo cool looking!! Who knew I would want to collect weapons...I've never even owned a pocket knife before. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Quote:
I'm curious, since Sting has been my focus and I'm not farmiliar with Elvish weaponry, what is meant when you say "white" knives? Is it the color of the metal?
Samwise: Tolkien called it "a long white knife". When reading the books, I always considered it to be the color of the metal blade, but I think in the films they also made the wood a really light color (not to mention giving him that second knife).
Old 11-18-2003, 06:54 PM   #308
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
what is meant when you say "white" knives? Is it the color of the metal?
Well in regards to the movie version it is really the handle that is white, and not the blade, though the blade is covered with gorgious gold engraving, see...
Blades by Brown-White knives of Legolas
Oh...So beautiful, must buy...

Quote:
Who knew I would want to collect weapons...I've never even owned a pocket knife before.
Me neither, though I did own a small purple swiss army knife. When I bought Sting the lady at the counter said, "I never would have expected that you would just come over and buy that!" She thought we (my mom and I) were just looking [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2003, 09:22 PM   #309
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Quote:
Samwise: Tolkien called it "a long white knife". When reading the books, I always considered it to be the color of the metal blade, but I think in the films they also made the wood a really light color (not to mention giving him that second knife).
Quote:
Well in regards to the movie version it is really the handle that is white, and not the blade, though the blade is covered with gorgious gold engraving, see...
Blades by Brown-White knives of Legolas
Oh...So beautiful, must buy...
Ah. Thank you for the info, ladies. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]--and even a picture. Whoa. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] Those things look dangerous....
Old 11-18-2003, 10:03 PM   #310
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Sting

Yay! My absolutely wonderful Dad bought me the Extended Edition of the Two Towers today!!!!!!!! I'm so happeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-18-2003, 10:12 PM   #311
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Thumbs up

WTG!!!!!
[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2003, 10:01 PM   #312
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Silmaril

I've added a few items to the collection:

TTT EE dvd
Aragorn with Brego, in kingly trappings (6 inch)
Legolas with Arod (6 inch)
Arwen with Asfaloth & wounded Frodo (6 inch)
Legolas & Gimli on Arod (3 inch)
Rohan horseman (3 inch)
Haldir, Elven archer & warrior (3 inch)
Boromir, Merry & Pippin (3 inch)
RotK chess set (I exchanged the FotR chess set for this one--it's much nicer)
TTT cards, FotR cards & the Éomer cover fan club magazine came
Andśril is scheduled to be shipped either tomorrow or Saturday

BTW, Stacey, I've been meaning to tell you how much I like your new sig...
Quote:
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2003, 12:03 AM   #313
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Quote:
BTW, Stacey, I've been meaning to tell you how much I like your new sig...
Thank you kindly, Miss Lynn. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Sigh...I probably won't be able to add anything else to my collection 'til next year, since I'm low on $$s and my family cares nothing for LOTR.... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2003, 08:40 PM   #314
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Well, I can add a TTT poster! That's it though [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2003, 10:22 AM   #315
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Sting

I can add a collage that I made out of pictures cut from the LotR Noble Collection catalog, and glued onto a cork-board that I spray-painted gold. It looks quite nice since my room is painted pale yellow, and all the wood has gold tones in it. I've got a Sun Room!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-22-2003, 03:34 PM   #316
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Funny you should mention the Noble collection. I just got an email today from another LOTR fan about it, and while there I saw THIS, which I would REALLY like to add to my collection one of these days..... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I was dusting the table that I keep my collection on/under today, and along with my collection ('cause it consists of mostly SAM and Frodo), I have sprinkled amongst the peices either roses I've dried, or fabric/plastic roses....roses just remind me of and seem to go along with Sam, if you follow me. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2003, 06:57 PM   #317
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Sting

AI HOLY ELBERETH!!!!!!!! I want that more than Morgoth ever wanted my son's Silmarils!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-22-2003, 07:46 PM   #318
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Thumbs up

Beautiful, ain't it?
Old 11-23-2003, 12:35 AM   #319
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Sting

Pewter... Ninnyhammers and noodles, it's beautiful all right. But a bit beyond the budget, if you follow me...

Of course, this week has been like that. Ebay got me! (convulses and falls on floor) After several smaller purchases of books (including Journeys of Frodo) and a CD of songs from the trilogy, I just won (and paid for [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] )a Fellowship deluxe 9-figure set. I probably will regret it just before payday next week. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] But later, I'm going to set it up on one of my top shelves, maybe on a sheet of rock or among several lichen-covered rocks, and perhaps some moss... maybe a mural of mountains behind them.

The other grand addition (lately) besides the Smeagol statue that came with the movie, was, the No Admittance Except on Party Business bookends. I just love that moment, anticipating the greeting of friends. "Come in, come in! How about a bottle of Old Winyards?" "Just tea, thank you."
Old 11-23-2003, 01:14 AM   #320
Nehani
Haunting Spirit

Nehani has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nehani
Tolkien

I don't have much, for my budget is very......tight. But I do have a 20 year old triology, a thrity year old Hobbit, and ROTK, the brooch, a cloak I made, the One Ring (no duh!), a ROTK poster of Gandalf and Aragorn, and a recent issue of a magazine I get ALL about LOTR, it even talks about the languages and scipts. It's fun! But....right now I am feeling depressed after reading all the cool stuff you all have (whimper)

Nehani of the Slushy Forest

"The Way Is Closed. It Was Made By Those Who are Dead. The Way is Closed."
Nehani is offline   Reply With Quote