The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2016, 11:23 AM   #1
davem
Illustrious Ulair

Location: In the home of lost causes, and forsaken beliefs, and unpopular names,and impossible loyalties
davem is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.davem is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Second Breakfast?

A few years back my old High School was demolished and replaced with a new state of the art version. Just found this pic of the refectory. Check out the quote . http://www.netherwoodschool.com/wp-c...lunch-menu.jpg
davem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 12:38 PM   #2
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Outstanding. From one of my favorite LOTR verses.
Old 08-28-2016, 04:49 AM   #3
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
"yet we continue to paint accent walls the same pestilential shade of orange we always have done".... my school was all fifties standard council architecture and ROSLA /SCOLA blocks and everything was that colour (but chipped).

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 01:53 PM   #4
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Guinevere is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Lovely quote, but I wonder why it is not written on a green wall There is nothing green in that room at all.
Old 09-11-2016, 02:37 AM   #5
Snowdog
Emperor of the South Pole

Snowdog is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Pipe

That is too cool!

School Reno..... back in 1976, a lady friend and I were the Tolkien geeks who were teaching ourselves Tengwar from the Appendices. We would sit by the flag pole and write notes in Sindarin and see if the other could read it. One day they renovated the bus loading area and there were fresh poured concrete curbing. We decided to cut a class to imprint 'friends' in tengwar in the side of the curb. It was there until 2005 when they totally renovated the school... they dug up the curbing and flag pole and the parking lot. Had I known they were going to destroy it, I'd gone down and busted that section of curbing up for a keepsake.
Snowdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 09:32 AM   #6
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinevere View Post
Lovely quote, but I wonder why it is not written on a green wall There is nothing green in that room at all.
It's subconscious influence to get children to eat more vegetables. Mwahahahaha!