The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-19-2006, 01:05 PM   #81
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Just a reminder: Day 1 has begun!
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 12:32 PM   #82
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I know I said "Double lynches" are allowed, but...any number of lynches is fine with me.

As long as no one is going to scream at me: whoever has the highest number of votes, however many people that is, will die.

So, what do you guys think of that?

(i.e. - if four people have 2 votes, and the highest number of votes anyone has is 2, then four people die.)

I know I'm evil!
Old 12-20-2006, 12:35 PM   #83
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
As long as no one is going to scream at me: whoever has the highest number of votes, however many people that is, will die.

(i.e. - if four people have 2 votes, and the highest number of votes anyone has is 2, then four people die.)

I know I'm evil!
Very evil. We'll have to be careful of ties.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:37 PM   #84
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

I thought that might be encouraging in that area.

Btw, everyone - you guys are awesome! Over a hundred posts on Day 1?! I love you guys!

Old 12-20-2006, 12:47 PM   #85
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
I know I said "Double lynches" are allowed, but...any number of lynches is fine with me.

I know I'm evil!

Oh well, then, why don't you all just divvy up the votes equally amongst all of you and get it all over with in one multi-lynching? And then you can post over two hundred analysis posts in one day for the post-game discussion.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:48 PM   #86
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

It has been a while since there's been a "tie"...
Old 12-20-2006, 01:42 PM   #87
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I'm a big fan and supporter of the multiple lynching, or at least currently I am and it's been long enough since it was allowed that I will enjoy it.

Incidentally, I will be gone all day tomorrow driving to Vegas and watching the Cougars play the Ducks...go Cougs! We will return Friday afternoon so don't count on me too much for the next day.
Old 12-20-2006, 02:04 PM   #88
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Thumbs up

Now I know why i always say 'never say never' (excepting clearly stupid things like bungee jumping and sticking your head in a lion's gob) because I'm enjoying this.
Old 12-20-2006, 02:07 PM   #89
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Yay! We have a convert.
Old 12-20-2006, 02:46 PM   #90
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Well, if multiple lynchings slow down the thread by eliminating posters, maybe I will be able to keep up . . .
Old 12-20-2006, 03:01 PM   #91
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Just read posts containing the "++" and you get all the excitement without all the...well, following.
Old 12-20-2006, 04:01 PM   #92
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Erm, sorry about not voting. I got overexcited at the prospect of going to the panto and completely forgot!

EDIT: Haha! Should've read the game thread first. Oh it's been a long time since I died first Day, and I'm not even a Ranger.

Last edited by Kath; 12-20-2006 at 04:04 PM.
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 09:59 AM   #93
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I will not be here much the first most of Dance 2. I will pop in and out occasionally to read,but I doubt I'll be posting much.

Also, I must tell all of the playres here, if I am mean or anything on the game thread, sarcastic, cold, cruel....it's because I'm trying very hard to stay within the character of the Countess.

-- Foley
Old 12-21-2006, 10:10 AM   #94
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Sorry, Kath! Blame them, not me.

Alright, everyone, I have a questions for you:

mormegil cannot be here all of today, but wishes to get his vote in. He has PMed me about who he wishes to vote for.

I will post his vote at some point (and will do so well before the deadline, of course...perhaps I should post it immediately, at the start of the Day? That's up to all of you to decide, too, if you think any certain time is fairer.), and it will count towards the vote tally at the end.

He pointed out that he knows this has not been done before, and if I or any of you have a problem with it, he won't mind at all.

Personally, I don't have a problem with it, though I can see plenty of reasoning that could go both ways.

Let me know what all of you think. And promise me that none of you will use anyone's opinion on this matter in the game (against them or otherwise).

Thanks!

-Durelin
Old 12-21-2006, 10:16 AM   #95
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Very interesting.

I don't have a problem with the vote appearing. If he feels that strongly about having the vote in, I suppose allowances can be made.

I'd rather that the vote appeared at the beginning of the day so that it's out for discussion and everyone knows how the votes will add up to avoid a double lynching surprise at the end of the day.

It will certainly make for some interesting discussion...
Old 12-21-2006, 10:17 AM   #96
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

That sounds fair enough to me. I think it should be the first post of the day.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:06 PM   #97
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Just wanted to let everyone know that I'll be away for the last about 6 hours of the day. So my vote will have to come slightly early.
Old 12-22-2006, 11:25 AM   #98
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Just a reminder to everyone, and I mean everyone! I'm not singling anyone out.

Take it easy! Have fun. Don't take anything personally, and don't deal out anything insulting. If you mean to insult jokingly (which is totally fine by me), keep in mind how the person is going to take it (you know each other, or at least your online personas, well enough to know who might take it poorly). Make sure they know you're joking.

And please, by all means, throw insults at each other as much as you want...just make sure they know they're not personal.

Otherwise...carry on!
Old 12-22-2006, 11:33 AM   #99
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Well I hope I've not upset anyone! If anyone is feeling so, it's just a game! And besides, the real vitriol happens when myself and davem settle down to play the Lord of the Rings Trivia Game. Brrr, real insults fly then...

Still loving this Werewolf lark!
Old 12-22-2006, 11:37 AM   #100
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

My family gets ugly when playing miniature golf...I don't even want to know what it would be like if they played WW.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:08 PM   #101
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Take it easy! Have fun. Don't take anything personally, and don't deal out anything insulting. If you mean to insult jokingly (which is totally fine by me), keep in mind how the person is going to take it (you know each other, or at least your online personas, well enough to know who might take it poorly). Make sure they know you're joking.
Yes, ma'am. I'll try. Really, I will. I get so excited in these games, real mafia games, too, that it's insane. But, I take no grudges or dislikes outside the game.

And in this game particularly, I must say again, especially don't take anything personal from me. Countess Folwren is different than what I might normally say in a game.

-- Folwren
Old 12-22-2006, 12:09 PM   #102
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Yes, it's the simple matter that both joking and "in-character-ness" is hard to tell sometimes.

Eh, forget about feelings, all of you. Just have fun.
Old 12-23-2006, 12:51 PM   #103
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Alrighty, we're on our agreed upon break now.

Everyone have a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, Happy Kwanzaa, and Happy Holidays!

Day 3 will begin at 2:00 pm EST on the 26th.

CaptainofDespair will be performing his co-mod duties and posting to open the game then as I will not be available.

Thanks everyone for a great game (so far)!
Old 12-26-2006, 12:35 PM   #104
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dűm

CaptainofDespair has just left Hobbiton.
A little reminder...

I have re-started the game. Dance (Day) 3 has begun, and you may all resume posting.

And remember your invisibility cloaks.
CaptainofDespair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 05:49 PM   #105
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
My sister and her boyfriend have been entertaining their friends from London for the Christmas-time in Eastern Finland and they will be coming here tomorrow. I have promised to show them around Helsinki and can't swear I will be able to post at the last hours of the game toDance as it's evening RL-terms here.

I will be back though, before they come.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 02:50 PM   #106
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I apologize, everyone, for not writing at all this past day. My dad and I were working all day today on putting our building where our bookstore used to be in order. We closed the store the Saturday before Christmas and now we're working on getting it to look like a lawyers office. I'll be his secretary now, instead of the store keeper.

But, now that we have mostly finished that, I hope to be able to spend more time on this game. I didn't get to read any of this past Dance. Mph. That's bad.

-- Folwren
Old 12-27-2006, 06:20 PM   #107
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
Narya

Quote:
That's bad.
Eeep, you have nooo idea Foley how truly bad it went toDance
Naria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 08:24 AM   #108
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Due to unforeseen and extreme lack of time tomorrow, I will only be able to attend the first few hours of the next dance.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 11:37 AM   #109
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naria
Eeep, you have nooo idea Foley how truly bad it went toDance
Hm. I'd better read up on it at least some. The next Dance is about to begin....

I didn't even count the votes of the last dance. Did two people die?

-- Foley
Old 12-28-2006, 11:38 AM   #110
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Quote:
Did two people die?
Mwahahahahaa...
Old 12-28-2006, 11:42 AM   #111
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Mwahahahahaa...
What???!! Did three people die??

I've got to go eat lunch, so I can't stick around to research or wait any longer.

I will try very hard to participate today, everybody, but I still can't promise anything.

This is not an excuse not to suspect me, you must understand, because I know how annoying that is, but please understand that I am being compeltely serious, don't kill me JUST because I'm gone and it might be considered wolfish.

-- Foley
Old 12-28-2006, 11:46 AM   #112
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Take your time with lunch.

Yes...sorry, my dear...you're dead.
Old 12-28-2006, 01:20 PM   #113
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

FOUR!! Good heaven's above! My head was already spinning and then I read that I was killed by the wolf!!

Oh, if only dead men could talk!! I'd talk here, by golly, I'd - I'd - well, all I can say is, it's a jolly good thing the wolf killed me, because I had it pinned!! AAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!

(Of course, that's just speculation. I do suspect someone very strongly, but I can't talk....)

-- Folwren

P.S. Holbytlass, to act Foleyish means to act like I usually act in these games and elsewhere on the Downs. Ask Nogrod, he knows what I mean, and what I usually act like.