The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2001, 08:03 PM   #1
Barrel Rider
Pile O'Bones

Barrel Rider has just left Hobbiton.
Ring Lothlorien

<BR>Which is your favourite place in lotrs. I think Lothlorien. What i was accually wondering was where the wood is being filmed for the movie? any one know? <p></p>
Barrel Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 09:47 PM   #2
red
Spirit of Mischief

red has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR><br><br> Rivendell! Tra la la lally indeed!<br> <br> Dunno about where the Woods are being filmed.<br> <br> -réd <p><blockquote><p>"He was as noble and as fair in face as an elf-lord, as strong as a warrior, as wise as a wizard, as venerable as a king of dwarves, and as kind as summer."</p> <p>-A Short Rest, <i>The Hobbit</i></p></blockquote></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://www.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_profile&u=00000094>red</A> at: 3/5/01 10:48:53 pm<br></i>
Old 03-05-2001, 09:55 PM   #3
galpsi
The Unquiet Dead

galpsi has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR><br><br> Evendim; but what are the odds of its being filmed? I vote, nevertheless, that they shoot Lake Michigan immediately outside of Gary, IN. Just call me a romantic.<br> g. <p></p>
galpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 10:07 PM   #4
red
Spirit of Mischief

Ring

<BR><br><br> Ack! Gary, Indiana! When I drive through Gary, I roll up the windows and close the vents!! Lake Michigan rocks, but how about someplace along the coast of northern Michigan. Sigh....<br> <br> -réd <p><blockquote><p>"He was as noble and as fair in face as an elf-lord, as strong as a warrior, as wise as a wizard, as venerable as a king of dwarves, and as kind as summer."</p> <p>-A Short Rest, <i>The Hobbit</i></p></blockquote></p>
Old 03-05-2001, 10:13 PM   #5
galpsi
The Unquiet Dead

galpsi has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR><br><br> Not as funky; my fantasies are funky.<br> g. <p></p>
galpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2001, 12:30 AM   #6
Mister Underhill
Dread Horseman

Mister Underhill has been trapped in the Barrow!
Ring

<BR><br><br> Too bad, g -- I'm pretty sure that the movies won't feature smell-o-vision (more's the pity), so you'll just have to use your imagination for the reek of Mordor. Or you could bring a lump of Linberger cheese and take it out of your pocket during the Mordor sequences. <p></p>
Mister Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2001, 12:41 AM   #7
Barrel Rider
Pile O'Bones

Barrel Rider has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR>good good</b><br><br> good good Yeh Rivendell is my 2nd favourite place if not first equal. You wont be able to smell the smell or anything like the book, in the movie. I dont know those places, the lake and that. Im in Nz, but my dads got some photos of the movie set when he was in Wellington which is good. Hes still got to get them developed though. He said he got one of a catapalt, probably one of the ones that was used at the battle in Minas Tirith, with the heads and stuff. <p></p>
Barrel Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2001, 09:16 AM   #8
LionPixie
Animated Skeleton

LionPixie has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR>Rivendell. We will be smelling popcorn!</b><br><br> <br> The Shire will smell like popcorn, Rivendell will smell like popcorn, Lorien will smell like popcorn, Mt. Doom will smell like popcorn, the Grey Havens,.... <p></p>
LionPixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2001, 10:10 AM   #9
Evenspire
Haunting Spirit

Evenspire has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR>Smells like..</b><br><br> I will find the theater crowd a bit annoying. Popcorn in Rivendell and Lothlorien. I wish we didn't have to wait for the DVD to come out. It would be worth buying a bigger screen TV and not hearing babies crying, etc. <p></p>
Evenspire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2001, 11:29 AM   #10
red
Spirit of Mischief

Ring

<BR><br><br> Amen, Even! <br> <br> -réd <p><blockquote><p>"He was as noble and as fair in face as an elf-lord, as strong as a warrior, as wise as a wizard, as venerable as a king of dwarves, and as kind as summer."</p> <p>-A Short Rest, <i>The Hobbit</i></p></blockquote></p>
Old 07-05-2001, 06:10 PM   #11
Evenspire
Haunting Spirit

Evenspire has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR>Favorite Place</b><br><br> <br> I'll get us back on track in a moment...I don't know enough people to rent the theater for just LOTR fans.<br> I would think that a few theaters would open the theater one night just for fanatics and offer something more suitable than soft drinks and candy.<br> <br> Anyway..favorite places. Rivendell seems like a nice place to live. Do the Lothlorien crowd like living in trees? (I always wanted to build a great tree house, Swiss Family Robinson style.) <p></p>
Evenspire is offline   Reply With Quote