The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-11-2003, 08:21 AM   #1
Oin Brickarm

1420! Question about RPG

Hm, actually Im new here..but I really wanna play RPGs...have been doing that for a loooong time in other LotR-communitys!
But here its no empty RPG to join???
I really wanna play RPG!
Some of the admins that can answer?
Old 03-11-2003, 09:23 AM   #2
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

Welcome, Óin! We have a whole section for RPGs, so scroll down a bit and have a look! The Shire forum is the place to start, so read the Red Book to find out how role playing is done here. Then drop into the Green Dragon (in character) to get to know the moderators and other players. They'll be happy to answer your questions and let you know about new games that are looking for players. Above all, read the games that are going on - that will give you an idea of what to expect, and what is expected from you. Hope you enjoy yourself on the Downs!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 02:36 PM   #3
Lutfiska
Haunting Spirit

Lutfiska has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

To suggest a new RPG with place for more characters join the thread "Reclaiming the city, Discussion thread". And if you want to message me I can give help you in the beginning, to get in to your first RPG (my first too in this forum, but I´m an oldie in alot of other forums that only do RPG´s)
Old 03-29-2003, 07:56 AM   #4
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Reclaiming the city is actually full, but i think one called escape from nurn has just opened.
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Lyra Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 10:55 AM   #5
Lutfiska
Haunting Spirit

Lutfiska has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

yes now it is...but it wasn´t when I posted
Old 03-30-2003, 11:01 AM   #6
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

dragoneyes has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Escape from Nurn is full too.You're away from the computer for a day and already you've missed your chance to get in a new RPG.
Old 03-30-2003, 11:49 AM   #7
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

To Oin and anyone else out there who'd like to get into an RPG,

Hi. I'm Cami Goodchild, one of the moderators in the Shire. Piosenniel and I work together to set up the new games, and make sure everything is going alright.

As an earlier poster suggested, please do come down and read the rules in the Red Book of Westmarch, then go into the Green Dragon Inn in character and introduce yourself. There are new games every week or so.....just keep your eyes open, go to the discussion threads, and follow the rules there.

There are rare occasions when a game founder is willing to take on another gamer midway, especially for a cameo role. In this situation, you have to read through the entire game and ask the game founder by pm or on the discussion thread. He or she is under no obligation to say yes, but occasionally this works out.

Good luck! I hope to see you in the Green Dragon.

Cami Goodchild, Shire Mod

[ March 31, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 04-04-2003, 01:04 AM   #8
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Annalaliath has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Annalaliath Send a message via Yahoo to Annalaliath
Sting

i know this is redundamt and stupid, but while reading the red book i was wondering what are the character bounderies as far as race, in the Shire. And another thing, do i have to use a new character or do i have to tailer fit a new one to these bords?
Old 04-04-2003, 06:16 AM   #9
Luinfang
Pile O'Bones

Luinfang has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

i'm pretty interested in an RPG too. perhaps we could start one all together?

i know that it requires something else but interest, but writing skills can only be tested whilst using them. so what do you think of this idea?

in fact, i already have a certain RPG developped, although I doubt the quality of it a little. if someone's interested, let me know!

navaer
Old 04-04-2003, 07:11 AM   #10
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Lunfang,

Please see my private message. Glad to meet you. Hi, I'm Cami Goodchild, one of the moderators in the Shire, which is the first level of RPGs here in the Downs.

The first thing to do is to read the The Red Book of Westmarch which contains all the guidelines for doing posts and developing seeds within the Shire.

Then try out one of your characters in the Green Dragon Inn. We'll be glad to work with you on developing a seed while you gain experience in the games.

Hope to see you soon.

Cami......
Old 04-05-2003, 07:50 PM   #11
Faybevin Bombadil
Pile O'Bones

Faybevin Bombadil has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

*BIG SMILE* I'm new to Barrow Downs also, and I've never done a single RPG in my life. However, I read what's developed so far of the entire Road to Erebor and Quest for the Ainereg RPGs because my best friend Maikafanawen is in them. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I am on the lookout for new RPGs so I can be in one too. When I start, Maikafanawen is going to help me out with it.

Maikafanawen told me: "First join the Green Dragon!! Then I suggest reading some of the character bios so you have a good idea of what your character should be like. And wear out the moderators with questions! Also, make a friend in the RPG you join that can help you out as you go along. Good luck!"

I can't wait until another RPG opens. Cami or Pio? Do you know when another one might be opening?

Love,
Faybevin
Her golden locks flowed behind her, bare of beads or braids. Naked shoulders led to elegant sleeves of forest green whilst her skirt was made of the same. Golden sheer was tied bout her waist and her feet were bare and everdancing, her mouth open in sweetest song.
Faybevin Bombadil is offline   Reply With Quote