The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2020, 02:58 PM   #1241
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Yes, but it would still be fiendishly fun.

x/d with Boro
True, or it could just be you've been under the gun for several days, so you're accepting death knowing no one would take such a reveal seriously (or I sure hope they wouldn't, but you never know...quite a paranoid and fickle bunch).
Old 05-13-2020, 02:59 PM   #1242
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Lacho calad! Drego morn!
Old 05-13-2020, 02:59 PM   #1243
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Dl

DEADLINE: PLEASE CEASE ALL POSTING!

Inziladun is moved into the QT.

Narration coming quite shortly.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 02:59 PM   #1244
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Most suspicious of Eonwe for the quick latch onto QT's vote.
I've been suspicious of Rune since the beginning (early on I put it down to his bias against me, but he's done nothing to make me feel better about him), and there's a very very low probability of the QT trying to deceive us, unlike 3 players here.

Whether or not he is actually evil, Zil has definitely seemed like a bit of a scapegoat and has been so dissociated from by others that I don't know how much his death will tell us. Plus he's seemed more innocent/genuine toDay (though that could just be the threat of being killed off).

You on the other hand are still extremely suspicious to me, and connected to everyone.

edit: x-ed with the Nog himself.
Old 05-13-2020, 03:12 PM   #1245
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Night 6 / Closing Day 5

People seemed exhausted. And one can not blame them. Several days of continued pressure does tricks with human psyche.

As the people in the Quarantine had given such a good advice on old Sador Labadal the Day before, many thought it was a relief to let the responsibility lie on other shoulders than on their own. But other people were not happy with that, and stayed with their own suspicions – and so it was, that in the end, to no surprise for anyone who had listened to the discussions on earlier Days – that Old Halmir was called for.

“I’ve not fallen, or ill – but I do wonder if I’m in to my senses any more amidst this rule of evil. You are doing the Dark Lord’s bidding, I say. For Valar’s sake, at least take care that the House of Haleth isn’t going to die away. Húrin! Watch for my grand-grandchild! Give me your word!”

Húrin looked at the old man in pain.

“You know I do what I can lord Halmir. And young Brandir is as much my child as he is of your kin. I’ll watch after him, but…” Húrin laid his eyes down, not bearing to look at the old man in the face.

“I see. I know" Halmir answered warmly, like trying to soothe Húrin. It was a weird situation, like the one sentenced was forgiving the sentencer.

"Lacho calad! Drego morn!” Halmir yelled, turned on his heels and walked in, pushing Ragnir, who was ready to bring him in, away. “I can still walk with my own feet.”

Halmir clearly was no Infector of Morgoth – and seemed pretty healthy as well.

~*~

Dead, yes dead

Nogrod – “The Badger”, the Mod (dead on Night1)
Urwen – Glóredhel, healthy person (withered away in grief during Day2)

Quarantined

Galadriel55 – Andróg, the Cobbler (voted into QT on Day1)
Rikae – Haldir, formerly healthy person (infected by the shady Infectors on Night2)
Huinesoron – Hareth, an Infector (voted into QT on Day2)
Kitanna – Huor, the Ranger (infected in the woods by the Infectors on Night3)
Sally – Túrin, the Hunter (voted into QT on Day3)
Macalaure – Grithnir, healthy person (dragged into the QT by the Hunter on Day3)
Legate of Amon Lanc – Asgon, healthy person (infected sneakily on Night4)
Lhunardawen – Sador, an Infector (voted into QT on Day4)
Lalaith – Rían, healthy person (overrun and infected by the Infectors on Night5)
Inziladun – Halmir, healthy person (voted into QT on Day5)

Hanging around

Thinlómien
Loslote
Pitchwife
Kath
A Little Green
Boromir88
Brinniel
Eönwë
Rune Son of Bjarne
THE Ka
Shastanis Althreduin

It’s now Night 6

The Night is dark and full of terrors…
Old 05-14-2020, 02:59 PM   #1246
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Day 6

She hadn’t slept for several nights. How could she have? She was worried about the children trusted in her care. Naturally she couldn’t alone convince half the Villagers about little Túrin’s innocence and health when they voted for him to be quarantined. But she would be on the look-out during the Nights so that no ill befell on little Lalaith or Brandir. Whatever she would need to be up against.

To her surprise, just as she was keeping an eye on Brandir’s hut, the Morgoth Infectors came to her.

“What do you want from an old wife like me, in this pitch darkness? Aren’t you up for those better folks?”

The trio around her stayed silent but were closing in on her.

“You won’t get your will!” she yelled and attacked the closest one with the broom she had with her. She managed to give quite a blow to one of the attackers but was quickly overpowered.

In the morning the villagers found Túrin’s nurse, badly beaten and clearly very ill, lying on the steps to the Great Hall.

~*~

The Village felt suddenly pretty small. People looked at each other – and everyone, except maybe the children, knew what this meant. There were three of them who were causing all this mayhem, and there were only ten of them left.

They were standing in a circle in front of the Great Hall.

Húrin and Morwen stood side by side, grim but steadfast, keeping the children Lalaith and Brandir close by them.

On their left side there were Húrin’s kinswoman Aerin and her father Indor, watching the door in distress.

On their right stood the blind servant Ragnar whose pale eyes seemed to stare into emptiness, even if they moved to and fro every once in a while in unexpected ways.

Facing them were the three men; veteran of many wars Algund, the valiant Gethron, and the big and bold Forweg. All quiet and solemn.

Everyone was thinking of the same.

Three of us…

“Of the last eight people we’ve lost, only one was an Infector. We need to get our lines straight now” said Húrin quietly but with authority. “Let’s eat, and then talk.”

~*~

Dead, yes dead

Nogrod – “The Badger”, the Mod (dead on Night1)
Urwen – Glóredhel, healthy person (withered away in grief during Day2)

Quarantined

Galadriel55 – Andróg, the Cobbler (voted into QT on Day1)
Rikae – Haldir, healthy person (infected by the shady Infectors on Night2)
Huinesoron – Hareth, an Infector (voted into QT on Day2)
Kitanna – Huor, the Ranger (infected in the woods by the Infectors on Night3)
Sally – Túrin, the Hunter (voted into QT on Day3)
Macalaure – Grithnir, healthy person (dragged into the QT by the Hunter on Day3)
Legate of Amon Lanc – Asgon, healthy person (infected sneakily on Night4)
Lhunardawen – Sador, an Infector (voted into QT on Day4)
Lalaith – Rían, healthy person (overrun and infected by the Infectors on Night5)
Inziladun – Halmir, healthy person (voted into QT on Day5)
Pitchwife – Turin’s Nurse, healthy person (overcome and infected by the Infectors on Night6)

Hanging around

Thinlómien
Loslote
Kath
A Little Green
Boromir88
Brinniel
Eönwë
Rune Son of Bjarne
THE Ka
Shastanis Althreduin

It’s now Day 6

Let there be discussion on how to bring light into this darkness.

PS. Sorry again. My laptop's clock is not in accurate time and I once again estimated the time difference a bit wrong... I'll try my best every time.

Last edited by Nogrod; 05-14-2020 at 03:06 PM.
Old 05-14-2020, 03:08 PM   #1247
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I like how the mod himself is telling us to get out [censored] together.

But yes, the numbers are getting more worriesome. I am extremely relieved the seer is still alive though, and so is the inncocent child. It could be worse.

That being said, obviously the Pitchwife kill should be looked at. Nobody much suspected him since the early Days, but it's the seer hints I'm interested in. The clock is ticking for the wolves too.

Again, my apologies to Zil to the dead thread. I am somewhat disspirited by his innocence. Why is it that every time I vote someone I think I have solid reasons to suspect, they turn innocent (Mac, Sally, and now Zil), and whenever I vote someone because I have a vague suspicious vibe (Gal55, Lhuna) they turn out to be guilty? Maybe I should just stop analysing things and stick to gut feelings from now on...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 03:17 PM   #1248
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
QT -> Rune
Kath -> Inzil
Greenie -> Inzil 2
Shasta -> THE Ka
Eönwë -> Rune 2
Boro -> Eönwë
Inzil -> Rune 3
Lommy -> Inzil 3
Lottie -> Rune 4
Brinn -> Inzil 4
Rune -> Inzil 5
Pitch -> Inzil 6
Ka -> Shasta

I generally feel good about Kath and Greenie, but I didn't like Lommy's or Brinn's votes, and I really didn't like Ka's vote. It felt a bit "well, that's that then, I don't even have to get my hands dirty, they're lynching an innocent all on their own!" to me. If any one of Ka, Rune, or Eonwe isn't a wolf, it's got to be Shasta, Boro, or Brinn - but I think there are a minimum of two wolves in that Ka/Rune/Eonwe threesome, and I really think we need to lynch one of them toDay.
Old 05-14-2020, 03:21 PM   #1249
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
May you find peace and healing Pitch through these hard times.

Ok, so I think it would be best to explain my oddness yesterday, because I feel like since Day 1 I could be jumped on and lynched in half a heart beat, which is I guess a normal feeling. That would not be good, but everyone deserves an explanation for me being mysterious yesterday.

Rewind to Day 4, I proposed a vote of Lhuna to the QT. That led to the lynching of a wolf. I couldn't remember if anyone else proposed Lhuna, or if it was just me, but I speculated yesterday that it must have meant the innocents in the QT trusted someone here.

I wanted to point the wolves to me and provide cover for the seer, but kind of put me in a bind because I suspected I was the one the QT trusted. So I picked an even more random proposed vote of Rune yesterday. And when the QT agreed it confirmed my feelings. I commented that it was fascinating, because mostly I was amused with being trusted. Got to thinking that a healthy minds don't trust me at all, but something happens when going into the QT that suddenly I was. What does that say about me? Fascinating and amusing.

But the reason for the mystery is I was trying to provide cover for the seer, but send as clear as a signal to the QT that I wasn't so they don't have to follow my vote.

I don't see any benefit to keep up that plan, it was kind of a 1-2 day try to provide cover and maybe get another wolf. In the end I'll be vindicated either in death or in victory. And it will be more beneficial to the community to know this. Maybe I laid it on too thick where the wolves didn't believe it or I have to re-orientate myself and rethink my feelings on others.

In general, I don't think we should sort of play this waiting where not much happens until the QT vote. Part of it is my own schedule, If I don't post at night I definitely won't be able to until 3-4 hours before the DL.
Old 05-14-2020, 03:30 PM   #1250
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Ok, so I think it would be best to explain my oddness yesterday, because I feel like since Day 1 I could be jumped on and lynched in half a heart beat, which is I guess a normal feeling. That would not be good, but everyone deserves an explanation for me being mysterious yesterday.

Rewind to Day 4, I proposed a vote of Lhuna to the QT. That led to the lynching of a wolf. I couldn't remember if anyone else proposed Lhuna, or if it was just me, but I speculated yesterday that it must have meant the innocents in the QT trusted someone here.

I wanted to point the wolves to me and provide cover for the seer, but kind of put me in a bind because I suspected I was the one the QT trusted. So I picked an even more random proposed vote of Rune yesterday. And when the QT agreed it confirmed my feelings. I commented that it was fascinating, because mostly I was amused with being trusted. Got to thinking that a healthy minds don't trust me at all, but something happens when going into the QT that suddenly I was. What does that say about me? Fascinating and amusing.

But the reason for the mystery is I was trying to provide cover for the seer, but send as clear as a signal to the QT that I wasn't so they don't have to follow my vote.

I don't see any benefit to keep up that plan, it was kind of a 1-2 day try to provide cover and maybe get another wolf. In the end I'll be vindicated either in death or in victory. And it will be more beneficial to the community to know this. Maybe I laid it on too thick where the wolves didn't believe it or I have to re-orientate myself and rethink my feelings on others.

In general, I don't think we should sort of play this waiting where not much happens until the QT vote. Part of it is my own schedule, If I don't post at night I definitely won't be able to until 3-4 hours before the DL.
Thanks for explaining - I wasn't sure what you were up to, haha! Even not knowing what you were doing, I didn't think your hinting had wolfish vibes at all, which is why I kind of backed off without actually saying so. I do feel good about this explanation. It feels genuine and like something an innocent Boro would absolutely try. Do you have a theory as to why the wolves didn't Night kill you?
Old 05-14-2020, 03:36 PM   #1251
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
May you find peace and healing Pitch through these hard times.

I was wondering when you'd admit to pretending to be the seer, but I honestly find it very hard to believe you.

Lalaith got killed immediately after bringing up your possible wolf-slip, and then Pitch, who brought it up yesterDay, got killed last Night. Either the wolves are expending an incredible amount of effort (when they could be actually looking for the seer) trying to set you up, or you're a wolf.

After your all-but-reveal yesterDay, I decided to not go after you too hard for the rest of the Day to give you the benefit of the doubt, but given that two Nights have passed and you're still alive (and we know the wolves picked up on Kit's slip, even if they did wait a Day), I don't find it likely that your fake-seeriness was innocent.
Old 05-14-2020, 03:39 PM   #1252
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

The only possible thing I can imagine that might have led the wolves to not kill you is if they were absolutely certain you were not the seer because you voted for me two Days in a row (and if you were the seer you probably would've actually dreamed me if you suspected me), but I find that highly unlikely.
Old 05-14-2020, 03:40 PM   #1253
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

I find it more likely that if anything, your fake-seeriness was an attempt to catch the real seer, which is why the two people who challenged you on it, Lalaith and Pitch, are dead.
Old 05-14-2020, 03:41 PM   #1254
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
I was wondering when you'd admit to pretending to be the seer, but I honestly find it very hard to believe you.

Lalaith got killed immediately after bringing up your possible wolf-slip, and then Pitch, who brought it up yesterDay, got killed last Night. Either the wolves are expending an incredible amount of effort (when they could be actually looking for the seer) trying to set you up, or you're a wolf.

After your all-but-reveal yesterDay, I decided to not go after you too hard for the rest of the Day to give you the benefit of the doubt, but given that two Nights have passed and you're still alive (and we know the wolves picked up on Kit's slip, even if they did wait a Day), I don't find it likely that your fake-seeriness was innocent.
On the other hand, if he was the Seer, and he hinted that blatantly, he would have told us his information before the end of the Day. I did think he might be the Seer when he started hinting, but by the time the Day was over, I was pretty convinced he wasn't, and had pretended to be hinting for his own reasons. I assume the wolves had a similar thought process. The Seer doesn't hint without claiming and giving the village their dreams before they die, that would be ridiculous.
Old 05-14-2020, 03:45 PM   #1255
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
On the other hand, if he was the Seer, and he hinted that blatantly, he would have told us his information before the end of the Day. I did think he might be the Seer when he started hinting, but by the time the Day was over, I was pretty convinced he wasn't, and had pretended to be hinting for his own reasons. I assume the wolves had a similar thought process. The Seer doesn't hint without claiming and giving the village their dreams before they die, that would be ridiculous.
You mean yesterDay or the Day before?

I suspect the first thing he said, that Lalaith picked up on, was actually a slip, and after Lalaith picked up on, they (or at least he) tried to capitalize on it by making it too obvious the next Day.
Old 05-14-2020, 03:47 PM   #1256
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
I find it more likely that if anything, your fake-seeriness was an attempt to catch the real seer, which is why the two people who challenged you on it, Lalaith and Pitch, are dead.
This is a valid point, but there are a bunch of reasons to pretend to be the Seer. It might divert attention away from the real Seer, and it might make people nervous - I noticed that everyone got a lot quieter after Boro started hinting, and I started trying to see who got a bit more nervous and less willing to tie themselves to people while we waited to see if he'd caught a wolf! Could it have been a way to try to bait the Seer? Could be, I don't think we can ignore that, but it's certainly not the only plausible reason to do it. I personally felt that Boro's play here seemed very much like something an innocent Boro would be likely to do.

Last edited by Loslote; 05-14-2020 at 03:48 PM. Reason: xed with Eonwe
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 03:48 PM   #1257
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
You mean yesterDay or the Day before?

I suspect the first thing he said, that Lalaith picked up on, was actually a slip, and after Lalaith picked up on, they (or at least he) tried to capitalize on it by making it too obvious the next Day.
YesterDay. I didn't really notice the slip the Day before until it got brought back up.
Old 05-14-2020, 03:48 PM   #1258
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

And even if they did think it was ridiculous, Boro does sometimes play bold moves, and would it really be worth the risk for the wolves to let him live? I admit I haven't played as a wolf in a long time, but I at least feel like some packs wouldn't chance it.

edit: x-ed since my last post.
Old 05-14-2020, 03:50 PM   #1259
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Thanks for explaining - I wasn't sure what you were up to, haha! Even not knowing what you were doing, I didn't think your hinting had wolfish vibes at all, which is why I kind of backed off without actually saying so. I do feel good about this explanation. It feels genuine and like something an innocent Boro would absolutely try. Do you have a theory as to why the wolves didn't Night kill you?
Don't know other than perhaps my assumptions of people being innocent were wrong. Like I've assumed Brinn's innocence since the 2 times the QT voted for her. That could have been wrong.

Currently I find THE Ka the most suspicious, but if she is a wolf I don't think I sent any strong signals that I had insight/dreamed her.

The strongest I've sent was yesterday towards my vote for Eonwe for jumping on the QT vote. So I could be wrong there, which would tip them off to me not being the seer

Quote:

I'm someone everyone suspects. If I've gotten my suspicions and/or who I've assumed as innocent wrong then the wolves would know I'm not the seer. Which means they would let me stay around to keep me as an easy lynch. I haven't acquired a lot of votes yet, but I don't think it's going to take a lot of convincing to lynch me. Why kill a person no one trusts, and who you can tell isn't gifted, when it's rather obvious Rikae, Legate, Pitch were more trusted?
Old 05-14-2020, 03:51 PM   #1260
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
And even if they did think it was ridiculous, Boro does sometimes play bold moves, and would it really be worth the risk for the wolves to let him live? I admit I haven't played as a wolf in a long time, but I at least feel like some packs wouldn't chance it.
Maybe ridiculous is the wrong word. As a Seer, if you know you've been hinting and that basically everyone noticed, I can't think of a single scenario where you wouldn't reveal what you know. Unless every single person you dreamed of is already dead, I guess. If you know you're almost certainly going to be killed, you tell the village what you know. The fact that he didn't say anything before the deadline about his dreams told me he was NOT the Seer, and I'm sure the wolves were also able to figure that one out.

Last edited by Loslote; 05-14-2020 at 03:51 PM. Reason: xed with Boro
Old 05-14-2020, 03:52 PM   #1261
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
This is a valid point, but there are a bunch of reasons to pretend to be the Seer. It might divert attention away from the real Seer, and it might make people nervous - I noticed that everyone got a lot quieter after Boro started hinting, and I started trying to see who got a bit more nervous and less willing to tie themselves to people while we waited to see if he'd caught a wolf! Could it have been a way to try to bait the Seer? Could be, I don't think we can ignore that, but it's certainly not the only plausible reason to do it. I personally felt that Boro's play here seemed very much like something an innocent Boro would be likely to do.
I can see where you're coming from. Maybe I'm not being completely fair to the idea of an innocent Boro doing this because I already strongly suspect him, but there are already other reasons to suspect him. Additionally, I was willing to buy that some of the weird focuses and lists that he made (that made me suspicious) were something he would do as a seer to leave hints/clues that he could show later, but if he's just an innocent I don't buy it.
Old 05-14-2020, 03:55 PM   #1262
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Maybe ridiculous is the wrong word. As a Seer, if you know you've been hinting and that basically everyone noticed, I can't think of a single scenario where you wouldn't reveal what you know. Unless every single person you dreamed of is already dead, I guess. If you know you're almost certainly going to be killed, you tell the village what you know. The fact that he didn't say anything before the deadline about his dreams told me he was NOT the Seer, and I'm sure the wolves were also able to figure that one out.
I still think his potential slip the previous Day (where it looked like he knew the identity of two innocents - now proven to be true) would be enough to make me want to make sure if I were a wolf.
Old 05-14-2020, 04:00 PM   #1263
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

By which I mean Zil was proven to be true. The jury is still out on Brinn and maybe Lommy (depending on how you read the post).
Old 05-14-2020, 04:00 PM   #1264
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

I'll share the whole interaction here:

Quote:
I would say most of our days have gone far too narrow. We put ourselves into pretty much just 2 options. Day 1 was G55 and Brinn. Day 2 Mac and Huey, Yesterday Inzil and sally. Today Lommy and Inzil.

I don't know a whole lot about the advocates for it, but I think we need a day where there's a lot more spread. Force the wolves into some tougher choices, instead of just picking between 2 innocents or whether they wanted to bus wolf-Huey or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith View Post
How do you know that's what happened on Day 1?
Hmm?
Quote:
I'm willing to bet G55 and Huey had fun trolling us for 2 days in the QT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith View Post
so presumably you think Zil is innocent too?
Quote:
He is not my preferred choice today, because I think we should take the signal from the QT. It's been my argument for several days now. I want to test this proposed voting and signals between here and the QT. Other than that reason, I couldn't say.
It would be a lot easier to argue that this wasn't a slip if it turned out that
Old 05-14-2020, 04:03 PM   #1265
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Pitchwifysis

(trying to keep this a little briefer for my own sanity but also yours)

Day1

Banter, fake vote discussion, qt talk. The only straightforward commentary I can find about people's roles are that Boro "leaning innocentish" but so is Hui; Rikae and Shasta are their "usual self". Voted Brinniel who he had found mildly suspicious earlier.

Thoughts: nothing there really, even if you squint. If he was thought the seer, then certainly the submarine type who doesn't give any clues of his dreams early on. (Side note: if the wolves are even rereading Day1 anymore. Maybe I'm the only one who does that. )

Day2

Speculates about Rikae kill leading to Brinn. Mild suspicion of a few deceased innocents and of Hui. Greenie is "leaning innocent" after an analysis. Cast possibly the most pivotal Hui vote.

Thoughts: I guess wolves out of ideas might latch onto the Huine thing. Brinnwolf? A Little Ordo? Duh, can't make much out of this.

Day3

Suspicion of Eönwë based on his Hui vote looking like wolf-on-wolf. (Side note: this is the third dead person in a row to have suspected Eönwë. It's getting a bit of a stretch to look like a coincidence to me.) Backs down from being so sure of Greenie's innocence, speculates Hui-Brinn-Greenie combo. Adds me, Lottie, and Zil as possible Hui-packmates. (By this time he's suspected half the village it seems.) Main suspects, Eönwë and Lottie, followed by Brinn. Voted Eönwë as a "throwaway".

Thoughts: ...Eönwolf? He didn't even call ANYONE innocent-looking during the whole Day!

Day4

"It really sucks to loose Legate - maybe the only player I felt I could trust (although I felt pretty good about Mac too yesterDay)" = Legate and Mac were his innocent seer dreams? Suspects me and to a slightly lesser extent Lottie (based on Day3 lynch events) early in the Day, then doessomething of a legate180 on both. Soft suspects half the village. Still suspects Eönwë (now says since D1) and ends up voting him. Slightly mistrustful of the QT.

Gonna quote his whole list/ fake vote post from the end of the Day:
Quote:
+-Eönwë

For reasons explained yesterDay, plus I'd have expected an innocent to react a bit stronger to this continued suspicion.

An unordered list:

Zil and/or Lommy - on the fence

Boro - haven't studied him enough to form a qualified opinion.
Brinn and/or Greenie - wary for involvement in sallywagon, but apart from the bit from Greenie I quoted above nothing in yesterDay's posts really stood out as fishy
Lottie - leaning innocent
Rune - no wolfy vibes so far
Kath - see Rune
Lhuna - darned if I know; she's a slippery fish in the sense that I can't quite get a cognitive grip on her
Lalaith - a bit like Lhuna but less so (does this make any sense?)
THE Ka - another one; like somebody said, she seems to exist in a bubble of her own at one remove from what else is happening
Shasta - not concerned so far, we'll see what happens when he gets more involved
Thoughts: I guess you could read this as Wolfwë and innocent!Rune and innocent!Kath having been dreamed of?

Day5

Questions Boro, ends up with thinking him innocent. QT distrust continues. Speculates about Greenie being a wolf (inconclusive), starts a debacle with "Eönwë, Shasta and Greenie hinge on each other in my mind to some degree." Wonders is Shasta is innocent and Eönwë and Ka evil. Main suspect Eönwë, followed by Ka and Zil. Pretty sure but not entirely convinced of Rune's innocence. Votes Zil, stating he "believes Rune".

Thoughts: ? Innocent Son of Bjarne? Eönwë keeps standing out too.

Conclusions: I see very little here that would make me as a wolf think Pitch was the seer - basically regardless of my potential fellows' identities. The only thing that stands out to me is - once again, may I underline - Eönwë. I wonder if the wolves went for Pitch based on general "potentially gifted"* vibe, especially if they didn't have the time to read through his posts. I guess they could have thought him the Russian roulette kind of seer too who doesn't leave traces but instead wagers on living long enough to reveal. I'm a bit at loss here.

* fun thing, I personally thought Pitch might be gifted back on Day1 because he seemed so tense. I was ready to accuse him of jumpiness before I had a brainwave he might be a jumpy gifted instead of a jumpy wolf and shut up.

Addendum: gonna x with everybody.
Old 05-14-2020, 04:04 PM   #1266
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
I still think his potential slip the previous Day (where it looked like he knew the identity of two innocents - now proven to be true) would be enough to make me want to make sure if I were a wolf.
Quote:
By which I mean Zil was proven to be true. The jury is still out on Brinn and maybe Lommy (depending on how you read the post).
.........this seems like a worse slip that the one you're trying to point out.

Last edited by Loslote; 05-14-2020 at 04:04 PM. Reason: xed with Lommy
Old 05-14-2020, 04:09 PM   #1267
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

The all-but-reveal yesterDay:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Looking through Lalaith's posts right now, and the first thing to catch my eye was this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith
Force the wolves into some tougher choices, instead of just picking between 2 innocents or whether they wanted to bus wolf-Huey or not.
How do you know that's what happened on Day 1?
Hmm?
This is actually a very good question which I'd like Boro to answer.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife
Looking through Lalaith's posts right now, and the first thing to catch my eye was this:

This is actually a very good question which I'd like Boro to answer.
I already answered yesterday and won't say anymore. If you want to know it's easy to find. I'm rather surprised, grateful, but surprised.

If I recall, evil side holds the tie-breaker, because Lhuna was the last lynch. But 6-3 advantage means we'd have to have a bunch of squabbling innocents in order to get a bad QT vote.

I'm certainly going to continue the good ground we began yesterday with the QT vote and feel I should get a tiny apology. Not a big one, but a small one, because the living and dead worked together and we did what I advocated we should have done for days.

Quote:

Quote:
I already answered yesterday and won't say anymore. If you want to know it's easy to find. I'm rather surprised, grateful, but surprised.
You mean this, which you posted in reply to Lal's question?
Quote:
I'm willing to bet G55 and Huey had fun trolling us for 2 days in the QT.
I don't see how this is an answer.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife
You mean this, which you posted in reply to Lal's question?

I don't see how this is an answer.
Yep. You can put it together to make sense of it. Unless you're trying to get me to commit to something I'm not going to, at the moment?

Quote:
Quote:
Yep. You can put it together to make sense of it. Unless you're trying to get me to commit to something I'm not going to, at the moment?
So I suppose you're talking bout this, right?

Quote:
"I'm voting G55 to avoid Brinn getting lynched" = wolf having trouble trying to create fake suspicions. So his reasoning isn't based on faked suspicions, but on what he KNOWS. Brinn is innocent.
If you're convinced that was his reasoning, fair enough, I suppose.

edit:trying to fix formatting but it doesn't want to work

Last edited by Eönwë; 05-14-2020 at 04:14 PM.
Eönwë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 04:11 PM   #1268
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Haha yeah, I typed too quickly and tried to write two sentences at the same time and messed up. It would be hypocritical to tell you to ignore it though given the situation.
Old 05-14-2020, 04:14 PM   #1269
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Haha yeah, I typed too quickly and tried to write two sentences at the same time and messed up. It would be hypocritical to tell you to ignore it though given the situation.
So like, it could've been a typo. But also, it feels like you came out here toDay on a crusade to convince us that Boro's Seer hints plus the wolves not killing him means he's definitely a wolf. Which feels like the wolves decided he wasn't the Seer, and decided to go after him instead - which would be especially important if the wolves needed a big distraction to take the heat off of them. I am wildly suspicious of you at this point, Eonwe.
Old 05-14-2020, 04:15 PM   #1270
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

!"#¤%&/()(/&%%&

[censored] Boro!!!!

ARE

YOU

FREAKING

KIDDING

ME

Here I have sat like an IDIOT for DAYS thinking you're the seer and tearing my hair every time you made some "stupid slip" or defended me too openly or was "too obvious" like your last post yesterDay

and

I HAVE ALSO PROBABLY MADE MYSELF LOOK LIKE A FOOL bouncing around some fake suspicion of you while putting off actually considering your role "until the seer reveal, whether it's Boro, or if it's someone else I'm gonna look at him extra hard to make up for this" because I thought I'm being very clever "protecting the seer"

?????????????!!!!!!!!!!

I need to lie down. This werewolf game is my biggest fiasco in ages. Next Eönwë can tell me he's innocent and that will be the last nail to my fool's coffin.
Old 05-14-2020, 04:17 PM   #1271
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
-snicker-
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 04:17 PM   #1272
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
!"#¤%&/()(/&%%&

[censored] Boro!!!!

ARE

YOU

FREAKING

KIDDING

ME

Here I have sat like an IDIOT for DAYS thinking you're the seer and tearing my hair every time you made some "stupid slip" or defended me too openly or was "too obvious" like your last post yesterDay

and

I HAVE ALSO PROBABLY MADE MYSELF LOOK LIKE A FOOL bouncing around some fake suspicion of you while putting off actually considering your role "until the seer reveal, whether it's Boro, or if it's someone else I'm gonna look at him extra hard to make up for this" because I thought I'm being very clever "protecting the seer"
I KNEW I saw something going on there!!!

Last edited by Loslote; 05-14-2020 at 04:17 PM. Reason: xed with Shasta
Old 05-14-2020, 04:21 PM   #1273
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
So like, it could've been a typo. But also, it feels like you came out here toDay on a crusade to convince us that Boro's Seer hints plus the wolves not killing him means he's definitely a wolf. Which feels like the wolves decided he wasn't the Seer, and decided to go after him instead - which would be especially important if the wolves needed a big distraction to take the heat off of them. I am wildly suspicious of you at this point, Eonwe.
The main reason for this is that I was holding back on this yesterDay because I was worried that he actually was the Seer (and was frustrated about it - see my post yesteDay about the silencing of slips after Kit's), but when another Night passed and he was still alive, I just wanted to get this out of the way now and bring it into the open. And then catching up I saw his first post 'explaining himself', and was made more suspicious, because it looks to me like he had to explain away why he was pretending to be the seer, and why he was still alive (with his 'Maybe I laid it on too thick' comment).

Also, things are getting urgent - by my calculations we have to catch a wolf by toMorrow or we lose. No time to beat around the bush.
Old 05-14-2020, 04:22 PM   #1274
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
That Inzil QT, though. Rune was the counterwagon, as I recall (which was also a bit of a "huh" where I was concerned, QT vote notwithstanding.)

Eonwe voted Rune and tied him with Inzil at 2, which is interesting, and kinda makes me feel better about Rune. How likely is it the tally was innocent-vs-innocent yesterday? Fairly, I'd say, with Ka's vote at the end.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 05-14-2020 at 04:22 PM. Reason: formatting
Old 05-14-2020, 04:22 PM   #1275
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
I KNEW I saw something going on there!!!
Yeah, everyone's been holding back.
Old 05-14-2020, 04:23 PM   #1276
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Okay. I have lied down. I have breathed.

I still wanna punch Boro a little but yeah - this is exactly the kind of [censored] he would pull as an innocent. Don't see any point in him doing it if he's a wolf. (Unless this is a phantomesque double bluff where he's pretending to be an ordo pretending to be the seer????)

(I might still have the closer look at him. HE DESERVES IT. Or I DESERVE IT. Whatever. )

Frankly whatever Eönwë is doing now doesn't look very good, especially combined with every freaking dead person for the last three Nights having suspected him in a conspicuous way.

Also since Boro's "stupid last minute list" from yesterDay which made me throw some absolutely pointless panic last minute suspicion at him listed me and Brinn as innocent and miraculously didn't get him killed, does that mean Brinn is a wolf after all?
Old 05-14-2020, 04:23 PM   #1277
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

But this makes me feel a lot better about Lommy and Brinn now.
Old 05-14-2020, 04:24 PM   #1278
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
That Inzil QT, though. Rune was the counterwagon, as I recall (which was also a bit of a "huh" where I was concerned, QT vote notwithstanding.)

Eonwe voted Rune and tied him with Inzil at 2, which is interesting, and kinda makes me feel better about Rune. How likely is it the tally was innocent-vs-innocent yesterday? Fairly, I'd say, with Ka's vote at the end.
Yes, I think that's probably right.

Last edited by Loslote; 05-14-2020 at 04:25 PM. Reason: xed with Lommy and Eonwe
Old 05-14-2020, 04:24 PM   #1279
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Regardless of whether Boro is telling the truth or not, I think it's likely the QT'ed innocents believed him to be the Seer. We could test that theory with having them follow Boro's vote again today, if we thought it mattered.
Old 05-14-2020, 04:26 PM   #1280
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
But this makes me feel a lot better about Lommy and Brinn now.
...why Brinn? Sorry, didn't follow that one.

Last edited by Loslote; 05-14-2020 at 04:26 PM. Reason: xed with Shasta