The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2013, 07:35 AM   #1
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Minimoot at German Tolkien Seminar

The German Tolkien Seminar takes place in Aachen this coming weekend, and several Downers will be attending. As far as I know, they are: Guinevere, Mirkgirl, Novatlan, shadowfax, and myself, Estelyn. Have I missed anyone? I look forward to being there - the programme is interesting, and the people are always wonderful.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:56 AM   #2
Findegil
King's Writer

Findegil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I will be there too, but only on Friday and Saturday. I am happy that it is in Aachen otherwise I would not be able to attand, since I am bound to be in Düsseldorf on the Sunday.

Respectfully
Findegil
Findegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:43 PM   #3
Bêthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Please pass on my greetings to Thomas and the other Walking Tree folks, Estelyn, and also to Becky and Marcel--and of course to the other Downers there. The Seminar looks very interesting and I wish I could have attended. Not quite a Great Eagle operation, though.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:36 AM   #4
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
The five of us who were in Aachen on Sunday managed to get together at least long enough to take a picture!

(Novatlan, Estelyn, Mirkgirl, shadowfax, Guinevere)

It was a very good weekend, with interesting lectures on a wide range of LotR adaptations in various media. Novatlan and I lectured on music in versions of the story, and there were talks on the movies, various gaming systems, fan fiction, etc.

I'm so sorry I hadn't read that you would be there, Findegil - we would have loved to meet you personally and include you in our collection of Downers! Please do post to let us know how you liked the seminar.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 05-02-2013, 07:07 AM   #5
Findegil
King's Writer

That is what happens if you do not spend the full time at the seminar. As told I had another appointment on Sunday. And since I was not willing to stay in Aachen over night, I also missed the first two sections on Saturday and both conference dinners (which might be the greater loss).
I was positively astonished how interesting I found the lectures. Adaptations are in now way my favorite theme discussing Tolkien’s work. Most interesting for people like me, who do not love the films so much, was of course 'Annie Brinks: Peter Jackson’s Adaption of The Lord of the Rings: Cash or Kudos?' The results from here questioner were stirring some hope for future Tolkien fandom.

I hope that next time the date for the seminar does not fall together with the Düsseldorf marathon as it has done the last view years. I would love to attend the seminar in full length. (And since I know now who you are, it might be easier to get together next time.)

Respectfully
Findegil
Old 05-03-2013, 02:27 AM   #6
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Unfortunately, Novatlan and I held our lectures on Sunday morning. The musical adaptations are also a fascinating topic! Better luck next time - and if you run the marathon, you must be a candidate to join the Three Hunters!
Old 05-03-2013, 06:02 AM   #7
Findegil
King's Writer

Actually we realy were four hunters!
To be onest, if I would run the marathon, I would have chosen anotherone and would have ambraced the full seminar! But it was a relay organised by my company, were four employees take turns to cover the 42.2 km (my turn was only 15.6 km so fare less than the 3 famos Hunters covered). And this event is organised once a year, as is the DTG seminar. So I have to chose, if the date is the same. And only if the seminar is in the soruonding of Düsseldorf I can split my time and see a part of it, as this year.

Respectfully
Findegil