The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-12-2003, 08:35 AM   #1
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Sting Middle Earth TV Shows

As you might have guessed, Hollywood will be trying to capitalize on the awesome success of the movies, and trying to come up with ideas for TV shows that can ride on LOTR's coattails. It was a topic in chat -- see if you can come up with some possible TV show titles. Here's some to get you started.

SURVIVOR: Moria -- a collection of hobbits, men, dwarves and elves compete against each other in Balrog-tipping, orienteering, and orc-dodging, voting off others in an attempt to win an all-expense-paid trip to Valinor.

Touched By A Maia -- 5 wizards sent from Manwe try to do good deeds fir the inhabitants of Middle earth, but only one actually gets anything done.

Law and Order: Sauron's Intent -- The inner workings of the White Council as they attempt to bring the Dark Lord to justice.

CSI Mordor -- A spinoff of Law and Order: Sauron's Intent, this show documents the actions of the private halfling investigators who actually go into the Black Land.

Everybody Loves Rangers -- A situation comedy about the life of a wild teenager named Aragorn being raised by a boring family of elves.

Star Trek: Earendil -- Carrying the last of the great jewels, Earendil desperatly sails the heavens in search of a decent cup of coffee.

I know you can do better than this....

Thenamir

[ June 12, 2003: Message edited by: Thenamir ]
Old 06-12-2003, 08:44 AM   #2
Rindowen

Silmaril

As The Ea Turns
Will & Gollum
Batman & Gollum
The Bold & The Boromir
General Hobbitsville
Old 06-12-2003, 11:39 AM   #3
arianrod
Wight

Location: Wandering Hobbiton, smiling at the hobbits & trying to sell them vacuum cleaners
arianrod has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to arianrod
lol! those are great! How about-

"Whose Ring is it Anyway?"- A comical look at the quest of the Ring.

"The Pencil Show"- Hika!!
I have a dog! Dog! Dog!
His name is Spot! Spot! Spot--
*ahem* sorry about that...

"Nine's Company"- The Fellowship members try to put up with each other.

"Barliman's"- Centered around a amiable bartender, Butterbur Barliman, his pub, and his regular friends that never seem to leave.

See also: Movies on LotR!

The Ring and I- A touching documentary of the Ringbearer and his trouble in understanding the One Ring.

Happy Gildor- The Elves discover golfing.

[ June 12, 2003: Message edited by: arianrod ]
arianrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 12:15 PM   #4
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Sting

King of The Underhill -- Sam and Rosie Gamgee try to deal with their interfering neighbors: Daddy Twofoot, and Sam's father Gaffer, newly married to the dowager Widow Rumble.

Leave It To Bilbo -- The untold story of the practical jokes played by the famous Baggins with his invisibility ring. Includes the classic episode, "To Lobelia Or Not To Be"

Southron Park (animated) -- a group of foul-mouthed kids, left home as their fathers marched off to Mordor, try to make sense of life in the arid Deserts of Harad.

More to come

[ June 12, 2003: Message edited by: Thenamir ]
Old 06-13-2003, 12:03 PM   #5
Elentarimir
Wight

Elentarimir has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elentarimir
Sting

*rolls on the floor laughing hysterically*

Those are funny! I can see it now.... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 06-13-2003, 12:24 PM   #6
Airerūthiel
Wight

Airerūthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

This is rubbish but here goes (and by the way, the real title sounds dumb so I didn't put it):

Sauron's Eye Four hobbits, one Elf, one dwarf and two Men trapped in a house together, under the watch of Sauron's Eye. They are set impossible tasks and the general public votes one out each week. Likely five-seconds-of-fame career paths on leaving the house: obscurity; breakfast TV; obscurity; DIY shows; obscurity...
Old 06-13-2003, 02:12 PM   #7
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Sting

The Weather Channel -- Hosted by Saruman the White. Tonight, Saruman explains why those storms keep popping up unexpectedly on the western side of Caradhras.
Old 06-13-2003, 08:10 PM   #8
arianrod
Wight

Location: Wandering Hobbiton, smiling at the hobbits & trying to sell them vacuum cleaners
Sting

[*]Hobbit Meets Middle Earth: A young hobbit grows up and faces difficulties in his coming of age.
[*]Merry in the Middle: Merry's had enough of his terribly large family.
[*]That Third Age Show: Can the Fellowship survive the Third Age? Only time will tell...
[*]Fellowship Matters: The members of the Fellowship try to deal with their annoying neighbor, Gollum.

[ June 13, 2003: Message edited by: arianrod ]
Old 06-14-2003, 12:06 AM   #9
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Middle Earth's Most Wanted A show where they try to find the villans of ME... Sauraman, Sauron, wormtongue...

ah, thats all i got.. *reaches for TV guide*... i will think of more!

~My lord, Éomer~
Everdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 01:00 AM   #10
Corwyn Celesil
Haunting Spirit

Corwyn Celesil has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Elenran: Star Trek, with Elves as Vulcans, Dwarves as Klingons, Men as Humans, Hobbits as . . . Ferengi? Ocampa? Sorry, it breaks down there.
Then came there from the south of the city the people of the Fountain, and Ecthelion was their lord, and silver and diamonds were their delight; and swords very long and bright and pale did they wield . . .
Corwyn Celesil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 04:32 AM   #11
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

Hahaha..You people are crazy!!

How about Saruman and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat??

Yeah, that's corny.. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 05:46 AM   #12
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The Gamgees - An animated series about a stupid, fat father, a mother with extremely large hair, and their 13 children.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003, 01:25 AM   #13
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

The Gamgees - An animated series about a stupid, fat father, a mother with extremely large hair, and their 13 children.

*had mental image of Sam acting like Ozzy Osbourne...

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 06-15-2003, 03:13 AM   #14
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Everdawn, I was actually thinking more along the lines of the Simpsons.

Natural Life:The Life of a Warg - A documentary featuring the fascinating life cycle of these rare creatures, hunted almost to extinction.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 01:02 PM   #15
purplefluffychainsaw
Wight

purplefluffychainsaw has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to purplefluffychainsaw
Tolkien

Get me outta here I'm in the fellowship - The fellowship are stranded on a deset island. One by one the public votes them off. But in the mean time - Will Legolas be able to wash his hair? Will Aragorn wash his? Will M&P eat all the food? Will Gandalf go mad?

The ringies - 9 lovable characters and their capers. Stuck in the middle of nowhere with only the loverble smeagol to help them! How will they survive? Educate you children into modren survial ideas with this thrilling program. (For 3-5 yr olds)

Acctually, that could be disturbing [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Old 06-23-2003, 09:32 AM   #16
Alatariel Telemnar
Shade of Carn Dūm

Alatariel Telemnar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Alatariel Telemnar
Middle-earth Idol-Where all the people of middle-earth compete to see who's gonna be the next MIDDLE-EARTH IDOL! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

then there will be all those ones that copy it, such as Star Search, Middle-earth Idol Juniors, then there will be Middle-earth Pet Star, with Farmer Maggots dogs, and so on.... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

[ June 23, 2003: Message edited by: Alatariel Telemnar ]

[ June 23, 2003: Message edited by: Alatariel Telemnar ]

'Poor ye. Ye're tied to someone who's been photographed trying to shave their hand... My condolences.'
Alatariel Telemnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 01:36 PM   #17
TealDude4
Animated Skeleton

TealDude4 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Ranger Bebop(anime) - A Ranger Bounty Hunter and the stories that uncover his dark past.

M.E.P.D. Blue - 1 hour cop TV series.
"I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come, when the courage of men fail. And we forsake our friends, and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. This day, we fight!"
TealDude4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 07:04 PM   #18
Alatariel Telemnar
Shade of Carn Dūm

Alatariel Telemnar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Alatariel Telemnar
Sting

I forgot this one earlier, but...

Ms. Middle-earth- Where all the lady's of Middle-earth compete, and if Galadriel doesnt win she turns green and goes all crazy... imagine the female dwarves in the contest... heehee [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

'Poor ye. Ye're tied to someone who's been photographed trying to shave their hand... My condolences.'
Alatariel Telemnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 02:26 AM   #19
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Quote:
Natural Life:The Life of a Warg - A documentary featuring the fascinating life cycle of these rare creatures, hunted almost to extinction.

HOsted by David Attenbrough and the BBC no doubt? lol [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 06-25-2003, 04:47 AM   #20
Silmarien
Wight

Silmarien has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Years of our Lives - As the sand through the hour glass so are elves lives
Home and Home - the soap most hobbit's prefer
The Took's and the BrandyBucks - the soap for more adventrous hobbits
Hole Improvement
Auction Squad (The Bag End episode)- speaks for itself
Gamgee Girls
Though here at journeys end I lie in dakness buried deep, beyond all towers strong and high beyond all mountains steep, above all shadows rides the Sun and Stars forever dwell:I will not say the Day is done nor bid the Stars farewell!
Silmarien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 11:02 AM   #21
elfearz1
Shade of Carn Dūm

elfearz1 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elfearz1
Eye

Merry springer... I had to do it, I'm sorry
elfearz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 12:55 AM   #22
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Rohan Live A spinnoff of Rove McMannus' show Rove Live

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 07-11-2003, 06:46 PM   #23
Lily Bombadil
Shade of Carn Dūm

Lily Bombadil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Thank you for saving me the trouble, ElfEarz. I thought you might.
Yes, MERRY SPRINGER. Some of you have probably been there before the topic closed.
THE YOUNG AND THE RINGWRAITHS could be a daytime soap.
And Nenya & the One would be sold live on a Middle-earthen adaptation of QVC.
Old 07-11-2003, 09:58 PM   #24
Lily Bombadil
Shade of Carn Dūm

Silmaril

I thought of another one:

2nd Breakfast at Tiffany's- a classic starring Arwen Hepburn.
The Bold and the Barrow-wights- a daytime Soap featuring fiendish wights (not much different fom a real soap, huh?).
Old 07-11-2003, 10:21 PM   #25
legolas luver*1
Animated Skeleton

Location: Underneath Legolas's bed, poking the mattress, while he's on it.
legolas luver*1 has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Okay I thought of a few:
Crossing Boromir (based on 'Crossing Jordan') is a saavy Medical Examiner show.
Just Stab Me- a comedy about the crew of Minas Tirith Historical Documentors
Samlet- A young hobbit suspects foul play after his Gaffer dies in a mysterious gardening accident.
O show me the way to go home! I'm tired & I wanna go to bed. I had a little drink about an hour ago & it's gotten right to my head. Wherever I may roam: by land, or sea, or foam, you can find me hear just singin' this song! Show me the way to go home!
legolas luver*1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 01:47 AM   #26
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Two guys and a Gollum- a take off Two guys and a girl.

Two Guys, a Gollum and a Ringwraith- form the Pizza place series.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 07-12-2003, 03:00 AM   #27
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

Tears of the Sauron--the dramatic story of the life of the Eye of Sauron after being accidentally poked by a Nazgul..

*sob*

[img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 01:27 PM   #28
elfearz1
Shade of Carn Dūm

elfearz1 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elfearz1
Eye

2nd breakfast at tiffany's is my nickname on hotmail chat! hehehe
elfearz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 05:09 PM   #29
Lily Bombadil
Shade of Carn Dūm

Silmaril

Bilbo Lagassi- Remember: he is a cook himself and he cooks better than he cooks, if you see what he means.
Law & Order: E.V.U.(Elvish Victims Unit)- Middle-earth detectives solve crimes concerning elven victims.
Minas Tirith Morgue- A play off "Miami Morgue"
Old 07-19-2003, 02:34 AM   #30
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Quote:
Law & Order: E.V.U.(Elvish Victims Unit)- Middle-earth detectives solve crimes concerning elven victims.
I really loved that one!

All Wraiths-what happens when Ring Wraiths take over a hospital...(all Saints)

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 07-19-2003, 07:34 PM   #31
legolas luver*1
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Barley's Angels
'and remember girls, this ones for Barley'
O show me the way to go home! I'm tired & I wanna go to bed. I had a little drink about an hour ago & it's gotten right to my head. Wherever I may roam: by land, or sea, or foam, you can find me hear just singin' this song! Show me the way to go home!
Old 08-06-2003, 05:53 PM   #32
legolas luver*1
Animated Skeleton

Silmaril

Pippin Longstockings
I've never really seen the show, but Pippin Longstockings sounded good.
Old 08-06-2003, 09:21 PM   #33
arianrod
Wight

Shield

Little Hole in the Shire- (Little House on the Prairie) All we need now is to find a way to put freckles and pigtails on Frodo. Mwahahahaha.

Merry Brandybuck's Flying Fellowship- (Monty Python's Flying Circus) *snickers* I can just see Frodo and Sam dressing up in old lady costumes, Boromir and Aragorn acting out the Dead Parrot sketch, and Gimli singing the Lumberjack song.
Old 08-07-2003, 03:14 PM   #34
Airerūthiel
Wight

Airerūthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

arianrod, you forgot the hobbits as the Four Yorkshiremen...

'we 'ad t'lick us 'obbit 'oles clean wiv us tongues 'arf a 'ar befow we 'ad t'go t'ed'

...and imagine the film spin-offs - 'Merry Brandybuck's Life of Frodo', 'Merry Brandybuck and the Quest for Maggot's Mushrooms'...I like it!
Old 08-07-2003, 04:07 PM   #35
arianrod
Wight

Shield

Quote:
arianrod, you forgot the hobbits as the Four Yorkshiremen...
Ah, but of course! How could I forget that? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] And, of course, the Penguin--err, GOBLIN on the television--Mantle place sketch.

FRODO: What's that on the Mantle then?

SAM: Looks like a goblin.

FRODO: Well what's it doing there?

SAM: Looks like it's standing...