The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2002, 01:07 AM   #1
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Birdland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting "The Directors'" Cuts

Hah! Bet you thought this was about the P.J. DVD, didn't you?<P>Nope. If you have a favorite director, what do you think his/her's take on LOTR would be?<P>How do think it would be if Hitchcock, Kurosawa, Win Wender, Busby Berkley, or Ed Wood had gotten their hands on the rights before Peter Jackson did? Write us a scene.<P>And of course, Terry Gilliam submissions are always welcome!
Birdland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2002, 10:05 AM   #2
Gayahithwen
Wight

Gayahithwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Gayahithwen Send a message via MSN to Gayahithwen Send a message via Yahoo to Gayahithwen
Sting

An Orc! An Orc! An Orc! We've found an orc! An orc! An Orc! We've got an Orc! An Orc! An Orc! An Orc! Burn him! Burn him! Burn him! We've found an orc! An Orc! An Orc! An Orc!<BR>1: We've found an Orc. May we burn him?<BR>Burn him! Burn! Burn him! Burn him!<BR>ELROND: How do you know he is an orc?<BR>2: He looks like one.<BR>Right! Yeah! Yeah!<BR>E: Bring him forward.<BR>PERSON-ACCUSED-OF-BEING-AN-ORC: I'm not an orc. I'm not an orc.<BR>E: Uh, but you are dressed as one.<BR>ORC: They dressed me up like this.<BR>Augh, we didn't! We didnt...<BR>O: And it isn't my skin, it's a false one!<BR>[Elrond lifts up a bit of the false skin, then looks up to the crowd]<BR>E: Well?<BR>1: Well, we did do the skin.<BR>E: The skin?<BR>1: And the clothes, but he is an orc!<BR>2: Yeah!<BR>We burn him! Right! Yeaaah! Yeaah!<P>Love these crossovers.. You know that I'm writing a Monty Python/LotR-fanfic, right? the beginning is up at fanfiction.net
Old 03-14-2002, 12:02 PM   #3
Elanor
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elanor has just left Hobbiton.
LOL! That was really funny! I love that scene in the Holy Grail...
Old 03-14-2002, 03:20 PM   #4
Glenethor
Wight

Glenethor has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Cor, she turned me into a Morgul rat!<P>Well, it got <I>better</I>!

Dr. Winston O'Boogie
Glenethor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2002, 09:23 PM   #5
Kalimac
Candle of the Marshes

Kalimac has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Ed Wood, oh God. "Plan 9 From Middle-Earth" in which the sets shake and the actor playing Gandalf dies a few days into shooting, so they replace him with someone who looks kind of like, only not *quite*. And of course, the scene in the Shire where the hobbits confront Sharkey (it's been a while since I've seen Plan 9, so forgive my faulty memory).<P>Sharkey: Tell me, why do you do what you are doing? Why did you kill my Orcs and terrify everyone living in Isengard, innocent people who had done nothing wrong?<P>Frodo: Because you are one of those who said that Hobbits do not exist! Do you think we did those things for no reason? Do you think that we killed Orcs needlessly? You think we do not know Iluvatar. Did it never occur to you that we, too, know Iluvatar and fear destruction? We killed the Orcs because we needed you to acknowledge our existence, the existence of Hobbits - to respect our existence, and acknowledge that fact!<P>Enough. This is painful. Nice thread though, Birdland .
Old 03-28-2002, 02:12 PM   #6
Orodhromeus
Wight

Orodhromeus has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orodhromeus
Sting

Here is the content of the famous additional 30 minutes of extra footage in the future Extended Version of FotR:<P><UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>A new addition to the opening sequence in which Bilbo provides background on Hobbits and their history in voice-over as he writes his memoirs.<BR><LI>A new introduction to Samwise Gamgee, seen in his capacity as a gardener.<BR><LI>A scene taking place at the Green Dragon Inn, which introduces us to the camaraderie of the Hobbits (we see them singing together) and sets up the geopolitics of the story.<BR><LI>The Hobbits witnessing the departure of the Elves from Middle Earth on the way to Bree.<BR><LI>Aragorn watching over the sleeping Hobbits, singing the ballad of Beren and Luthien to himself in the night.<BR><LI>Aragorn at his mother's grave, in which we learn that he was raised by Elves and that Sauron has long hunted him.<BR><LI>Two new moments during the departure from Rivendell, one in which we see Arwen's emotional reaction to Aragorn's leaving, and another in which Elrond sees the Fellowship off.<BR><LI>A scene with the Fellowship in the mines of Moria, in which we learn how the Dwarves themselves unleashed the fire-demon that eventually destroyed them.<BR><LI>A scene at Lothlorien, where Galadriel bestows upon each of the Fellowship a gift which will play an important role later in the Trilogy.<BR><LI>And finally, more footage of the battle at Amon Hen</UL><P>Finally I regain my faith into this movie trilogy more than ever!!! Gildor is going to be added! We'll hear Middle-Earth songs! Maybe we'll see the Gaffer! We'll learn more 'Of Hobbits' and of the situation at the end of the Third Age! Sensational news!<BR>The August release will be a 2-disc set including the theatrical version.<BR>The November release will be a 4-disc set including the 3h30 extended version + 8 hours of behind-the-scenes footage!!! And I'm a Haunting Spirit!<p>[ March 28, 2002: Message edited by: Orodhromeus ]
Orodhromeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 06:24 PM   #7
Araen
Haunting Spirit

Araen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

YES!!!!!! YES!!!!! YES!!!!! Me can't wait. Better ask for the one that comes out in November as a late B-day present......
"Where is the horse and the rider, where is the horn that was blowing, they have passed like rain on the mountains, like wind in the meadow, the days are damned in the west? behind the hills? there are shadows... "
Araen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 07:05 PM   #8
Weber
Animated Skeleton

Weber has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Weber
Sting

(just did this for no reason at all good topic though anyways i couldnt fit enough smilies)
Old 03-28-2002, 11:55 PM   #9
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Sting

Boy, this thread crashed like a dead Balrog.
Old 03-29-2002, 12:29 AM   #10
Bruce MacCulloch
Dead Man of Dunharrow

Bruce MacCulloch has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Bruce MacCulloch
Ring

That's because it didn't have wings!
Old 03-29-2002, 12:46 AM   #11
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Sting

Aiiiiii! The Wings! The Wings!